Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 37 (2020-2021)

Athena
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I’m not sure why, but Brayden reminds me of Donald Trump. 🤷🏼‍♀️  I can’t quite put my finger on it, but there is some similarity.
If he wins tomorrow he will be there to start Alex’s last week.  I’m pretty sure our local news in Las Vegas will be interviewing him at some point.

What why? Trump is stupid  and self centered, who didn't even know that Puerto Rico is part of the us.  He doesn't even look like him, if anything Brayden reminds me of the typical "nerd" in an eights movie lol. I personally am rooting for him, however if some else wins that's okay too. Because that's how the game works. As for runaways, I don't mind them but after a while (like with James) it did get a bit old.  

Edited by blueray
questionable politics
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:
12 hours ago, 853fisher said:

"Only the shadow knows," like "it certainly is, Ollie" and many others, is one of those little sayings my father likes to use.

Same with my mom,

I immediately heard my mom's voice in my memory saying spookily, "Who knows? Only the Shadow knows." I guess she used it to avoid answering questions, which is a little ironic considering it is now a Jeopardy clue, and she and my dad watched Jeopardy every day for years.
If they were still alive, they would have been watching the episode, and she'd have said it, for sure.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Yes, Brayden is statistically likely to find the DDs, but also, aren't the DDs typically not under the top rows?
Since Brayden uses a bit of the James Holzhauer method of going for the higher amounts early, he is also more likely to find the DDs early.

I recently saw a DD heat map. The DDs are almost never in the top row, and rarely in the second.

Wait, I managed to find it, so I'll link it here.

Just saw a Jeopardy commercial earlier today where

Spoiler

Alex said, "You beat the champ to the Daily Double!" So he won't sweep them in today's game.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, MrAtoz said:

It may not be entirely luck.  He answers a lot of clues correctly, which means he gets to control the board most of the time.  When you control the board, you're more likely to find Daily Doubles.

Also, statistically (as I learned during James's run) the DDs are more likely to be in the third and fourth rows. I've noticed he tends to go for those rows first.

Tonight I got all of Moving and none of States by County. It's rare that I don't get at least one in a category…
Got four in RBG (I said Cornell instead of Columbia…I had the first two letters right, at least) and Donating Winnings. Only three each in Final RE and yacht rock (which is sad since I heard all those songs on the radio as a kid).
DJ was...okay. Didn't run any category but I got at least three in all but two of them.

Got both DDs in DJ (Temperature and Panama).

FJ was an instaget.

• Love 1

So Brayden does not know Austen. 

I did get FJ by trying the Brayden strategy:
I thought: What do I know about gift wrapping?
Oh, yes, my uncle's store when I was a little girl. 
And then "Hallmark" popped into my head.

I knew all the States by County except Alabama (not a southern gal).

And most of the Moving (including Bill of Lading) because that's what I'm planning right now, but I fell asleep during a few minutes in the middle because of a skunk last night.

And most of the Biology.

I liked the guy that didn't win. I bet he'd have done well on Wheel of Fortune.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, M. Darcy said:

Total guess but I got FJ! Mostly because  paper made me think of Hallmark. 

My first thought when he said gift wrap was a department store like Macy's or somewhere that would do gift wrapping but then it mentioned envelopes so I went to Hallmark.

Instaguess FJ due to "envelope" being in the clue.  I really tried hard to think of anything else, but stuck with Hallmark in the end.

At least it wasn't a runaway tonight!  I like to see a little competition.  

TS I got include Foreigner, Doobie Brothers, Colorado, bill of lading, Christopher Cross, and Boxer Rebellion, which was a guess.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I’m not sure why, but Brayden reminds me of Donald Trump. 🤷🏼‍♀️  I can’t quite put my finger on it, but there is some similarity.
If he wins tomorrow he will be there to start Alex’s last week.  I’m pretty sure our local news in Las Vegas will be interviewing him at some point.

I think it's the doughy face and his tendency to slightly smirk when answering. I'd say his odd coloring too, but where Brayden looks pasty and grey to me, grey is certainly not a color any would use to describe Trump. 

I'm not enjoying Brayden. I find him a little creepy. It doesn't help he likes to jump around the board and I remember reading Alex thought they should play a category top to bottom since the clues built on each other in a way, so he plays in a way Alex didn't like. 

• Love 2

We saw the importance of a good betting strategy tonight. The middle contestant, I think, over-bet. Brayden's knowledge level is very impressive, but I had a feeling he might be one of those contestants people either really like or really dislike.

I got FJ immediately and spent most of the think music outsmarting myself. The only thing I know about Hallmark wrapping paper is that it's really expensive, compared to paper from just about anywhere else I shop.

By the way, hello everyone. Long time no message. I've started watching Jeopardy again and am looking forward to your posts.

• Love 17

HOLY COW @teebax, is it good to see you again. I'm SO GLAD you are back. It's like we all just got some good news for a change. Yeay Teebax!

I missed the first 15 or so clues because I got distracted outside chopping ice while feeding the horse. I got back in time for the TS of Colorado, the Bill of Lading, Christopher Cross (love that song still) and Dowager (Empress).

Hilarious that AT spent Brayden's interview time talking about James. Ha ha!

Amanda needed to step up her DD betting strategy, she could have easily been the new champ. BUT! I'm very glad Brayden is still there.

Well, I finally graduated to the Table For Two with today's FJ. Hallmark was one of the biggest employers of my college's illustration majors, of which I am one. But I missed showing my portfolio because I was so eager to graduate and get gone, I graduated in December and therefore missed that spring's Hallmark-hiring day. It's one of my major regrets, I always will wonder if I would have been hired. (I think yes.) But an interesting side note is a good friend of mine designed Hallmark's biggest selling gift wrap ever. So I have that, if not a job creating greeting cards.

Edited by saber5055
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

If anyone in Los Angeles is wondering what that noise was, it was me yelling all the missed Yacht Rock clues at the TV.

I'm surprised FJ was a TS (Edit:  Oops, just a double stumper).  Same with bill of lading and Boxer.

I ran the first round, but blew the 4-letter movies category in DJ; I only knew Babe.  I only missed four others in the round, so if it wasn't for that category, I'd have had an excellent game.  (FJ was an insta-guess that I was pretty sure was right.)

Edited by Bastet
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I'm surprised FJ was a TS. 

FJ wasn’t a TS. Devon got it right.

I lived close enough to KC where Hallmark is headquartered to know a bit about their history, so it was easy for me.

I said Chris Cross, knowing perfectly well it should be Christopher!

Welcome back Teebax! 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, zoey1996 said:

FJ wasn’t a TS. Devon got it right.

Ah, I see that from the archive now.  I missed the reveal of his answer, and with him having such a low score I just figured he hadn't known it, either, rather than thinking about the fact he had a low score coming in. 

3 minutes ago, zoey1996 said:

I said Chris Cross, knowing perfectly well it should be Christopher!

Now I have "Jump" by Kriss Kross in my head.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

We should have known Brayden wouldn't crack $100K after it was mentioned not once but twice.  The guy was jinxed!  Seriously, I thought he seemed a little uneasy this episode.  The pressure of going back to the mat so many times may be getting to him.  If I'm right, I hope he can simmer down and refresh before the next taping.  I like everyone to be able to show off what they know at their best, from the lions to the lambs, whether they're my very favorite personalities or not.

I think there have been a few remarks about this week's episodes being from Alex's second-to-last day taping.  I read a comment from Mike Richards, the producer, that the last week was taped Monday-Wednesday on one day and Thursday-Friday on October 29, the last one.  In case anyone was wondering, there it is.

I'm not sure the two weeks of tribute episodes will be available through my backchannels.  If not, I've very much enjoyed sharing the show with you all this back half of 2020.  If they are, belay that emotion.  Either way, I will be looking into the Hiasaen as suggested, so thanks for the tips!  Speaking of those episodes, I mentioned yesterday that I would've liked to see more from the other 20 of Alex's 35 years.  Someone suggested elsewhere that affiliates don't like things in SD rather than HD, or with aspect ratios other than the current standard.  Perhaps that played a part in the choice of episodes.

I did not get "Hallmark."  Frankly, I had no idea it was that old a company!  I don't know what on earth I would have said under the lights.  Better them than me.

Edited by 853fisher
Forgot my last two paragraphs
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Brayden didn’t look happy that he didn’t have a runaway and also didn’t look happy that he got FJ wrong.

Well, sure. I mean he won just under $4000 instead of around $25,000. 

I like Brayden. I like when intelligent people do well on this show.

I was pretty surprised only one of them got FJ, I wonder if they overthought it? The only company that means anything to me WRT to wrapping paper is Hallmark, so that was an instaget, but then I was also thinking “Hallmark is too obvious an answer. Could it be something else?”

Same with the triple stumper on Boxer Rebellion. China + rebellion = Boxer, but for a $2000 clue? I doubted myself thinking it must be something harder. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I think it's the doughy face and his tendency to slightly smirk when answering. I'd say his odd coloring too, but where Brayden looks pasty and grey to me, grey is certainly not a color any would use to describe Trump. 

I'm not enjoying Brayden. I find him a little creepy. It doesn't help he likes to jump around the board and I remember reading Alex thought they should play a category top to bottom since the clues built on each other in a way, so he plays in a way Alex didn't like. 

That’s it! Thanks! 

I am kind of dreading the last week of new shows with Alex. But if nothing else we all know Alex enjoyed contestants who won a lot of money.  I also find myself wondering about the 4 time winner from the end of last season who has not been able to return to LA for taping.  Not sure how they will bring him back as champion and I guess it will be odd (and sad) for him to return with a new host.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

I was pretty surprised only one of them got FJ, I wonder if they overthought it? The only company that means anything to me WRT to wrapping paper is Hallmark, so that was an instaget, but then I was also thinking “Hallmark is too obvious an answer. Could it be something else?”

I thought of 3M for FJ, like Amanda. I haven’t bought Hallmark  wrapping paper in years, between school fundraisers and the freebies that charities send.

6 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

we all know Alex enjoyed contestants who won a lot of money.

Alex seemed to be pointedly addressing Brayden when he mentioned James Holzhauer‘s philanthropy, but Wikipedia doesn’t indicate any great amount of sharing his profits, whereas Alex was an active philanthropist. 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Alex seemed to be pointedly addressing Brayden when he mentioned James Holzhauer‘s philanthropy, but Wikipedia doesn’t indicate any great amount of sharing his profits, whereas Alex was an active philanthropist. 

I live in Las Vegas, and the local media has run quite a few stories about James’ donations to various local charities.  He has been quite generous. Maybe Alex just wanted to acknowledge that.  
Brayden’s 98K sounds like a lot of money but when you factor in the federal, California, and possibly LA county taxes which he will have to pay it is a significantly smaller amount..  He has been introduced as an intern which means he probably is not making a ton of money.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Hilarious that AT spent Brayden's interview time talking about James. Ha ha!

Yes, when Alex asked Brayden about James, I was so hoping Brayden would say, no, no influence at all. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Brayden reminds me of the actor Frederick Koehler. He's popped up in quite a few things I've seen over the years, but I'll always know him best as Chip on Kate & Allie. Every time I see Brayden, I think, that's what Chip would look like grown up!

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Brayden’s 98K sounds like a lot of money but when you factor in the federal, California, and possibly LA county taxes which he will have to pay it is a significantly smaller amount..  He has been introduced as an intern which means he probably is not making a ton of money.

Statistically Brayden would have at least $20K in college debt, and it could be closer to $100K.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Brayden didn’t look happy that he didn’t have a runaway and also didn’t look happy that he got FJ wrong.

Yeah, Brayden, hold it together for the camera.  You came off looking like a spoiled kid.

I no longer like Brayden. He is a little creepy. But he's still a good player.

Only two ts's for me: bill of lading, and Boxer.

Instaget FJ.  Possibly helped by the never ending promos for Hallmark movies. And, even as I type this, there is an ad just above for Hallmark movies socks.

Great to see you again @teebax!!

• Love 4

I initially said Crane for FJ! since it’s a very old fine stationery company.  Then I decided that was too obscure even for Jeopardy!  I changed my response to Hallmark.  Devon made me cray with pointing at the board.  That’s even worse than swaying IMHO.  I don’t like Braydon.  He reminds me of Uriah Heep.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, 853fisher said:

I mentioned yesterday that I would've liked to see more from the other 20 of Alex's 35 years.  Someone suggested elsewhere that affiliates don't like things in SD rather than HD, or with aspect ratios other than the current standard.  Perhaps that played a part in the choice of episodes.

While I'm not a network executive and don't even play one on the Internet, I now have an HDTV and routinely watch the old BW westerns: Gunsmoke, Rifleman, Wagon Train. I am amazed at how every detail shows now, revealing all the frontier women wore full makeup and false eyelashes, and every fabric detail shows too. I watched those same shows (since they rerun season after season on a loop) on my old "regular" tv and didn't see any of those details. Maybe game shows were taped/filmed with a different technique.

I was thinking the AT reruns were going to concentrate on his travels, but I didn't look at the list. I'm waiting to be surprised.

My thought was that Brayden was kinda stressed in the last game, not a runaway, he missed a DD, and didn't come up with FJ. That on top of playing game after game can be somewhat exhausting. And yeah, there was that JINX of "will he win $100,000?" That would stress me for sure. No pressure there.

I always figure a game-show winner takes home slightly more than one half of what he/she wins. And I've seen multiple articles and news stories about James donating to Vegas charities. He's been very generous.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

While I'm not a network executive and don't even play one on the Internet, I now have an HDTV and routinely watch the old BW westerns: Gunsmoke, Rifleman, Wagon Train. I am amazed at how every detail shows now, revealing all the frontier women wore full makeup and false eyelashes, and every fabric detail shows too. ....

Yes! Those kerosene-lit makeup mirrors must have been very good.

Back when network television was king, I knew the program lineup for every day of the week and planned my evenings accordingly. Today, the only show I "plan" around is Jeopardy¡  And, despite the fact that I now have at least 100 channels on tap, on many evenings I find that the most interesting, least offensive option is a 60-year-old episode of Gunsmoke.

Edited by HissyFit
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I misread a few comments about James' donations and tried to Google to find out which organizations Brayden has supported.  I didn't succeed, but I did find an Entertainment Tonight Canada article all about how Brayden's three-day run ended on Thursday, one of those that is about 50% embedded tweets from members of the public.  Several of them are phrased like "Brayden WAS a gift to Alex" and the writer seems to have jumped to a conclusion.  I hardly expect journalistic rigor from ET, but my goodness.

5 hours ago, GreekGeek said:

I haven’t bought Hallmark wrapping paper in years, between school fundraisers and the freebies that charities send.

Flashback to Sally Foster!  The wrapping paper fundraisers seem to have shut down after 2013 and the woman herself passed away last year.  But they had only been in business since the early 70s.  Someone else tried Currier & Ives, which I thought was clever.

54 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

While I'm not a network executive and don't even play one on the Internet, I now have an HDTV and routinely watch the old BW westerns: Gunsmoke, Rifleman, Wagon Train. I am amazed at how every detail shows now, revealing all the frontier women wore full makeup and false eyelashes, and every fabric detail shows too. I watched those same shows (since they rerun season after season on a loop) on my old "regular" tv and didn't see any of those details. Maybe game shows were taped/filmed with a different technique.

I'll have to ask my father what he thinks now that they have HD.  He was an avid watcher of the westerns and various sitcoms on TV Land weekend mornings when I was young and he still enjoys them, although not on that channel, which is full of "Roseanne" and "Two and a Half Men" and so on now.  I still have only an SD television.  I never thought a home media setup was worth much investment because I strongly prefer watching movies at the theatre and I do much of my TV watching on the train or bus, or at least I did back in the day.

6 hours ago, DXD526 said:

Brayden reminds me of the actor Frederick Koehler. He's popped up in quite a few things I've seen over the years, but I'll always know him best as Chip on Kate & Allie. Every time I see Brayden, I think, that's what Chip would look like grown up!

Now that you mention it, I can see that.  Koehler appeared in an episode of Major Crimes a few years ago, the first time I'd seen him since Kate & Allie, and, yeah, Brayden does look like he could represent what Koehler would have looked like about halfway between the two shows.

10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Alex seemed to be pointedly addressing Brayden when he mentioned James Holzhauer‘s philanthropy,

That also could have been because of that day's first-round category of DONATING THEIR WINNINGS. James has donated to many charities. Brayden isn't done playing or winning yet. He has at least one more game to go.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I was thinking the AT reruns were going to concentrate on his travels, but I didn't look at the list. I'm waiting to be surprised.

My thought was that Brayden was kinda stressed in the last game, not a runaway, he missed a DD, and didn't come up with FJ. That on top of playing game after game can be somewhat exhausting. And yeah, there was that JINX of "will he win $100,000?" That would stress me for sure. No pressure there.

I always figure a game-show winner takes home slightly more than one half of what he/she wins. And I've seen multiple articles and news stories about James donating to Vegas charities. He's been very generous.

@saber5055 Oh my gosh, my favorite shows and I take lunch at a certain time in the day to watch them.  Although not in B&W I also love some Bonanza and Big Valley.   I am curious if you ever watched Bat Masterson or Maverick? Between those and the cop/crime/detective  shows of the  60's 70's and 80's I have no idea what is on television now. 

• Love 1
On 12/17/2020 at 9:47 PM, 3 is enough said:

I’m not sure why, but Brayden reminds me of Donald Trump.

This made zero sense to me, but:

13 minutes ago, ABay said:
10 hours ago, DXD526 said:

Brayden reminds me of the actor Frederick Koehler.

That's it!

Yes, he does physically resemble Frederick Koehler:
image.png.eb8d6204982f72c792b5e992ea61404f.png

who, in Criminal Minds (https://criminalminds.fandom.com/wiki/Fred_Koehler

portrayed murderous twins Wallace Hines and Jesse Gentry in the two-part Season Nine premiere episodes "The Inspiration" and "The Inspired".

Perhaps Koehler may have been typecast as a sociopath? (I don't watch Criminal Minds or those type of shows in general.) 
But our Brayden strikes me as more of a gentle genius, at most with a touch of Asperger's. 

• Love 2
On 12/16/2020 at 10:45 AM, shapeshifter said:

You all would know more than I, but as someone who did survive stage 4 cancer, I am guessing Alex's terminal cancer was his Melvillian Great White Whale. 😢

I'm so happy you've survived it.

On 12/16/2020 at 5:01 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

The Jeopardy "curse" continues, they had a question about Lenny & Squiggy tonite(Laverne & Shirley)...and Squiggy just passed away 😞

I said that to my husband.

On 12/16/2020 at 7:59 PM, M. Darcy said:

Nuremberg! I lived there when I was little. 

I went to three weeks of high school there (it's a long story), but spent most of my childhood and early teen years in Germany.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:57 AM, M. Darcy said:

Gingerbread and bratwurst - breakfast of champions 

Hate gingerbread - but bratwurst is still my favorite, though it's hard to find the authentic (to me) kind where I live.

On 12/17/2020 at 4:59 PM, illdoc said:

Cyrano was a TS???? And I thought FJ was easy! Of course, "Play Characters" and one comes up with a non-play character ("Zorro") and one comes up with a non-title character ("Laertes"). At least the champ had a title play character (so to speak).

Though I got it right, I thought the Zorro answer was a reasonable stab in the dark. Seems like a possibility that there'd been a play about Zorro.

On 12/17/2020 at 5:03 PM, ams1001 said:

I did think Shakespeare first, but then I figured out what "visage's central ornament" meant.

Yep, that's how I got it.

On 12/18/2020 at 12:33 AM, 853fisher said:

I was a little disappointed San Francisco was a triple stumper, as I type this from there.  Perhaps Herb Caen was before their time, looking at those onstage.  It seems he is invoked most often to make a point about "Old San Francisco" as we face up to the changes we've allowed to be wrought over the past few decades.  I have never been convinced of his unimpeachable status as a guardian of "Old SF" myself, but I'm sure he'd be disappointed if anyone agreed with him all the time.

I used to read him daily. I don't remember now whether I liked him or hated him, but apparently whatever he wrote was compelling enough for me to read.

On 12/18/2020 at 6:43 AM, MrAtoz said:

It's sad to realize that the games we're seeing this week were all taped on Alex's next-to-last day of work.  The final week's games will have been taped on his last day.  I think about the contestants who taped on that day.  How they will always know that they were there on Alex's final day of Jeopardy, even though none of them knew it at the time.  How bittersweet would that be?

If Brayden has a long run, as he seems likely to do, he might still be champion for Alex's final game.  I can't imagine how that would feel, if it were me.

I was wondering where we stood in terms of Alex's last day. I'd heard that they weren't doing the 5 a day schedule his last few weeks, but I don't know if that's right.

On 12/18/2020 at 9:38 AM, bad things are bad said:

Bratwurst mit broetchen und ein Fanta, bitte

You nailed my favorite meal/snack. German Fanta (before it was acquired by...Pepsi?Coke?) was the best.

On 12/18/2020 at 5:36 PM, teebax said:

By the way, hello everyone. Long time no message. I've started watching Jeopardy again and am looking forward to your posts.

@teebax! So glad you're back. We missed you!

On 12/18/2020 at 7:31 PM, Bastet said:

I ran the first round, but blew the 4-letter movies category in DJ; I only knew Babe.  I only missed four others in the round, so if it wasn't for that category, I'd have had an excellent game.  (FJ was an insta-guess that I was pretty sure was right.)

Babe was the only one I missed.

21 hours ago, HissyFit said:

Back when network television was king, I knew the program lineup for every day of the week and planned my evenings accordingly. Today, the only show I "plan" around is Jeopardy¡  And, despite the fact that I now have at least 100 channels on tap, on many evenings I find that the most interesting, least offensive option is a 60-year-old episode of Gunsmoke.

These days I don't even know what day of the week the shows are on. They just show up on my streaming services, and I may or may not see them the next day. But Jeopardy is why we got a digital antenna and brought our old Tivo back into service. Before cutting the cable, it was a must that we could still get Jeopardy.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:
On 12/17/2020 at 6:59 PM, illdoc said:

Cyrano was a TS???? And I thought FJ was easy! Of course, "Play Characters" and one comes up with a non-play character ("Zorro") and one comes up with a non-title character ("Laertes"). At least the champ had a title play character (so to speak).

Though I got it right, I thought the Zorro answer was a reasonable stab in the dark. Seems like a possibility that there'd been a play about Zorro.

I thought "Cyclops" LOL, and then I knew it was Cyrano but couldn't remember his name.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

This show was filmed after RBG died, right?  Would this count as the J! Curse?

I would say no because Alex mentioned the "late justice".  I would say it was more of a tribute.  

And ironically, RBG succumbed to pancreatic cancer. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Hate gingerbread - but bratwurst is still my favorite, though it's hard to find the authentic (to me) kind where I live.

Love gingerbread and love bratwurst more, brats (and Italian sausage) used to be a weekly staple in my diet. But now that I've gone no salt and one brat is 50-percent of a daily salt intake, they are off my menu. The bunch in my freezer will be dog treats, sad to say. *sigh* Goodbye, my favorite food.

Edited by saber5055
Is it sad or sadly?
6 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Love gingerbread and love bratwurst more, brats (and Italian sausage) used to be a weekly staple in my diet. But now that I've gone no salt and one brat is 50-percent of a daily salt intake, they are off my menu. The bunch in my freezer will be dog treats, sadly to say. *sigh* Goodbye, my favorite food.

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu. So sorry. I've a few things off of my menu too...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Oh my gosh, my favorite shows and I take lunch at a certain time in the day to watch them.  Although not in B&W I also love some Bonanza and Big Valley.   I am curious if you ever watched Bat Masterson or Maverick? Between those and the cop/crime/detective  shows of the  60's 70's and 80's I have no idea what is on television now. 

I've seen all the old westerns many times. Here, Bat Masterson and Maverick are on daily, but too early for me, unfortunately. Like 5 a.m.! On weekends some of those run later in the day, Wanted Dead Or Alive, Rawhide, Big Valley (such a crush on Heath!), Laredo ... all the golden oldies. Now that I have HDTV, I enjoy seeing the details of the horses and riding equipment, it's almost like I can throw my leg over one and ride away. That, plus I also notice how pants fit on some of the guys. Heh, yeah, I'm older so I notice things I didn't when I was a kid. My mom had such a crush on Bret Maverick. I suspect she had a thing for Matt Dillon, too.

I'm with you about the old shows. I don't watch those new "popular" series, have never seen an NCIS or Cold Case or any of those procedurals, and I don't think any recent sitcoms are remotely funny. But I can LOL at Leave It To Beaver, those oldies never get old.

About older tape/video quality, I just got done watching a color Superman episode from 1956. The quality is pretty poor, blurry. That, plus I like the first Superman season better anyway, in BW and with the original Lois Lane. I'd think AT's Jeopardy episodes from the 80-90s would be better quality than Superman's, but what do I know.

• Love 1