Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: The Honeymoon Begins

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Why are people having friends over in the first place?  Nobody's coming into my house but the people who live there.  If everybody did that...

I think without any details regarding who is at the poster's house or under which conditions, we don't have the right to judge.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, KateHearts said:

I think without any details regarding who is at the poster's house or under which conditions, we don't have the right to judge.

Exactly.  Friends can be socially distanced in a house.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Flip Flops said:

I wish Christina would stop saying how everything is Henry’s first time. Maybe he hasn’t done as much, but it’s annoyingly the way she’s acting

I am calling producer shenannies...They have her say it  in every TH,  in different outfits so they can slice and dice it into a storyline for the Rodriguezes....

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, karenbrady said:

Honestly, the only one I don’t like is Karen.  She should have just refused to get married and saved themselves both a lot of grief.

And given she has one of the loveliest, sweetest guys ever on this show (unless the editing fairies have some serious curveballs to throw at us), it might have been an option for the show to do something creative to find Miles the true love of his life ... I am still kind of stuck on "my" idea (because I'm sure others have had it) of scooping up the truly likable/lovable singles left unmatched on their seasons and let them loose on an "all-star" short-season version where they all go to some great resort and find love among the "ruins." 

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

As I am the poster who had my sister and her friends over...we have been extremely careful to the point that we have not left our own apartments/houses in a few months. Work remotely. Groceries mostly delivered for them. I have gone to the supermarket a few times wearing a mask and gloves. So for those of you who are assuming that I was not being responsible, here is what happened. 

• Love 10

I'll take the tomatoes but I feel differently than many about Henry, so far.

Henry is a shy introvert (different things but he's probably both), & seems to have some nervous ticks; the cameras must be hell for him but so is the Queen of Condescension, Christina. There's no way someone who's lived a relatively quiet, homebody life would feel comfortable around the majestically worldly woman she (constantly in so many words) hails to be. He's working it as best he can. His jokes about life & limb are really him trying to handle his anxiety. He doesn't belong on this show, as many others before him for various reasons. But, he was chosen, as many others before him for various reasons, & production is enjoying every highly edited awkward moment at his expense.  We might be seeing a very different Henry had he been matched with someone more appropriate for him, but they're not the chosen success couple this season. So as much as yeah it sucks for Christina to get Henry, I feel it sucks just as much, if not more, for Henry to get 'matched' with Christina.

All that said, I'm interested to see what he's like once they're out of this environment & back home where he can be a bit more comfortable.

• Love 8

I'm only a couple of pages into reading everyone's thoughts, but I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on whether or not Henry is on the Autism spectrum.  In the preview for next weeks show when they're sitting at the table talking he is visibly twitching in his face and body.  

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, zoltana said:

I'm only a couple of pages into reading everyone's thoughts, but I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on whether or not Henry is on the Autism spectrum.  In the preview for next weeks show when they're sitting at the table talking he is visibly twitching in his face and body.  

I’ve seen that idea thrown around here, and a YouTuber I watch said something similar. Henry said eye contact is hard for him because of self-confidence issues. He REALLY doesn’t look anyone in the eye, even the camera sometimes? which is unfortunate because it makes him look shady.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Residents get paid, although it's not a huge amount. Certainly enough to live on after being a medical student making zero.  Many residents time having children for the 3rd or 4th year of residency; they are nearing the end and usually can extend their final year by the six weeks or so they take off for maternity leave.

Amelia's mother is a surgeon so it is doubtful that she had to go to college or medical school with loans. Bennett probably makes nothing or next to nothing so anything she makes will be a lot more than he would make.  there's no reason he wouldn't go with her; his little theater company can be re-created in a new town .  His mother is a famous drama teacher .  He'll be fine; she teaches at Yale. I felt for Bennett having to worry so much as a little boy And to think about mortality so early. I do believe though it deepens his level of feeling as well as his concern about those he loves.  So far they are both very lucky to have met each other when they were free to be married. They both seem to look for the best in each other and to be extremely excepting of a certain lifestyle. I could've taken a night shirt but that yellow dress pajama says Amelia she's ready for Bennett.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Archer27 said:

I watched the episode today. Some thoughts:

I love Amelia and Bennett. They have a natural ease with one another...similar to Amani and Woody. I think these two couples will make it. 

Karen and Miles seem to get along well, but I wonder how they will do once they are home. They seem to be so different from one another. 

Brett...ugh. I try to like him, but he is super annoying to me. Olivia is adorable. I do not have much hope for them. 

Christina and Henry seem have zero chemistry. He is a nervous Nellie, which is such a turn off.  

Hummm. I'm thinking Miles and Karen might do better in the real world.  When she sees him suited up and heading to such a responsible job she just might 'well alright now'!!!

Right now she's only focused on his age and multiple girlfriends.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

They'll brush their teeth side-by-side, fulfilling the purpose of the dual sinks in the master bedroom.

I had no idea that was the purpose! The master bathroom in our house is mine (my husband gets one of the guest bathrooms to call his own). I thought one sink is for brushing teeth and the other for washing hands...or something like that

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

I wonder if Henry has Tourette’s.  He twitches hard when under pressure, and it seems his lack of personality covers for it, either on purpose or not. He reminds me of Loren on 90 Day Fiancé with the twitching.  I have a soft spot for him, my hubby is the quiet one in the group too. 
when Amelia and Bennet woke up and took their early morning swim, I wondered if it was in place of showering lol. I like them as a couple, I’m old but find Bennet so handsome.  
ETA that my quiet hubby is now all about wanting to brush our teeth together after watching, because he knows it grosses me out and is a jokester.  Yuck. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

have sex twice a week, say Mondays and Saturdays

Damn...Mondays, really? The week is just starting, it’s stressful! Do people really have sex on Monday?

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

I had no idea that was the purpose! The master bathroom in our house is mine (my husband gets one of the guest bathrooms to call his own). I thought one sink is for brushing teeth and the other for washing hands...or something like that

Many a marriage has been saved by having separate bathrooms! 💜

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Meowwww said:

Many a marriage has been saved by having separate bathrooms

My husband and I have been living together since the beginning of 1998! Very happily! We hardly even vacation in places with one bathroom! Or one closet

• Love 2

Residents get paid, although it's not a huge amount. Certainly enough to live on after being a medical student making zero.  Many residents time having children for the 3rd or 4th year of residency; they are nearing the end and usually can extend their final year by the six weeks or so they take off for maternity leave.

You're comparing more normal circumstances where a guy meets a girl going through med school and is fully aware of the situation he is becoming involved with. Whereas in this case there is no buying into the program its you've bought into the program. So far Bennet seems to be very flexible and attracted to Amelia so hopefully this goes well.

• Love 2

Amani/Woody,  Amelia/Bennett and Karen/Miles are so cute together.  They are really giving me hope this season.  Miles does need to cut the cougar crap out though.  At least Woody called him out on it and didn't let him slide just because they're best friends,  that's a true friend right there. 

I'm still on the fence about Olivia and Brett.  Something about him just seems off. Maybe I'm still judging him based on his disrespectful behavior at the bachelor party. 

Poor Henry seems to be afraid of his own shadow.  He seems to overthink everything, which then makes him fearful. I think he might have been a better match with Olivia.  He needs someone who can be patient with him and not constantly remind him that it's his first time experiencing something. 

Spoiler alert: I don't know if you all heard this yet. This is Henry's first time out of the country 😳😱.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, zoltana said:

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I’ve seen that idea thrown around here, and a YouTuber I watch said something similar. Henry said eye contact is hard for him because of self-confidence issues. He REALLY doesn’t look anyone in the eye, even the camera sometimes? which is unfortunate because it makes him look shady.

28 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I wonder if Henry has Tourette’s.  He twitches hard when under pressure, and it seems his lack of personality covers for it, either on purpose or not. He reminds me of Loren on 90 Day Fiancé with the twitching.  I have a soft spot for him, my hubby is the quiet one in the group too. 

I have autistic kids & none of them twitch; their eye contact is not perfect but not terrible either. It really varies with the individual. I also wondered about Tourette's given his twitches. No way to know unless he says it himself. I have a soft spot for him too.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Okay I'll say this in Henry's defense. For such a sheltered guy he took the big chance with MAFS and as painfully awkward as he is, he's going through with it. In a way I think Christina feels sorry for him so I'm glad she's not kicking him in the shorts while he's trying. 

ITA I think this was Henry's attempt to do something different and daring (because getting married to a stranger, that strangers chose for you is definitely daring... or crazy) and once he was married he immediately crawled back into his shell. That father of his trying his best to embarrass him at the wedding and the brunches, probably helped send him back even sooner. But then again, he's probably used to that act. I just hope Christina hangs in there long enough to help bring him out again, and maybe he can help her with whatever her issues are. So far, she seems to just want to be married already and didn't like dealing with the NOLA dating scene. Well, now she is... to Henry.

I've been reading all of everyone's comments and y'all have said so much that crossed my mind, and even more that didn't.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

In other news, the calluses on Brett's hands were really something.  I wonder how he got them.  The ones at the base of his fingers I get, but on his palm, too? 

He is extremely fit. I bet he got the calluses lifting weights. 

Edited by LaLaLaLa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Yeah, I'm sure they aren't going to have someone lying about their age?  But he's a mature 26 year old.  I don't get the hangup unless she did lie about her age and she's late 30s.  

I think Karen just has one terrible picker.

Even a mature 26 is pretty young. Miles' family asked Karen how she feels about submission. She said that's the type of relationship she prefers. At 30 it might be easier for her to imagine being led by a 36 year old man than by a 26 year old man who is emotional on social media.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Archer27 said:

As I am the poster who had my sister and her friends over...we have been extremely careful to the point that we have not left our own apartments/houses in a few months. Work remotely. Groceries mostly delivered for them. I have gone to the supermarket a few times wearing a mask and gloves. So for those of you who are assuming that I was not being responsible, here is what happened. 

I hope you don't think I expected an explanation. We're all adults and don't need to be passing judgment on a forum that provides so much entertainment and comic relief during a really stressful period in history.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

You're comparing more normal circumstances where a guy meets a girl going through med school and is fully aware of the situation he is becoming involved with. Whereas in this case there is no buying into the program its you've bought into the program. So far Bennet seems to be very flexible and attracted to Amelia so hopefully this goes well.

My post addressed the question as to whether Amelia can support Bennett while she moves to another location during residency. I agree that he went into this not knowing the circumstances, which could be challenging for him as she pursues her training. But financially they should do ok on a resident's salary. After all, he's used to living in a playhouse without a bathroom.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

He is extremely fit. I bet he got the calluses lifting weights.

This is why I wear gloves when I lift. (Or did, when I was able to go to the gym in the Before Time. Been doing strength workouts on YouTube and they always have full sets of dumbbells. "I'm gonna level up!" and they stroll over to a full rack of weights. Well, I have one pair of dumbbells and assorted household items, so you get what you get.)

10 hours ago, spunky said:

At least Woody called him out on it and didn't let him slide just because they're best friends,  that's a true friend right there. 

I loved their interaction. When Amani said "You gonna stop calling my friend old," I fell out. She meant it though. Woody and Miles do seem to be real-deal friends, and I think Amani and Karen could grow to be close too. It's nice to see.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, RaeSpellman said:

Even a mature 26 is pretty young. Miles' family asked Karen how she feels about submission. She said that's the type of relationship she prefers. At 30 it might be easier for her to imagine being led by a 36 year old man than by a 26 year old man who is emotional on social media.

Yeah, I think what Karen really wants is the bad boy.  But the bad boy is going to have a kid outside the union.  I mean 26 and 30 is a gap, but if you're a mature 26 year old, it really isn't that much of one.  I mean, hell, she's getting on his insurance plan.  

• Love 9

Amelia's mother is a surgeon so it is doubtful that she had to go to college or medical school with loans. 

I wouldn't assume that - Amelia's mother could have had her own medical school loans to pay back before she could even think about saving for her children's college and medical school. Amelia's father didn't work (I don't think) so she Dr. Mom was supporting the family as well. And I don't think Amelia was an only child so there were multiple kids to educate.

I know a lot of doctors, including some surgeons, who don't make the kind of money that enable them to flat out pay for college and medical school for their kid. I know at least one surgeon who is actually in pretty dire financial straits because she's in private practice with one other doctor and they take a lot of Medicaid patients (low reimbursement). Many doctors do well financially but not all of them and even those who do well still can't necessarily pay the equivalent of a second home to cover medical school for their kid.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I also give Christina credit.  She was a lot more kind, gentle and willing than I would've expected her to be.  To the point where I genuinely feel sorry for her that she was paired with him.

I think you are right about her.  The experts paired her with him for a reason.  She looks to be kind and patient.  If things work out for them, he probably would come out of his shell.  I feel very bad for him as he seems like a good guy.  She just may have found gold with him.  We never know.  He just might be a kind and loving husband and Father.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, ShowFan said:

I don't know what the matter is with me. Apparently brushing my teeth with my spouse is a reason to get married. How has our marriage survived all these years without us ever doing that once? Must make sure to inform my kids that this is something to look for in their potential partner. Likes to brush teeth together - y/n? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I loved their interaction. When Amani said "You gonna stop calling my friend old," I fell out. She meant it though. Woody and Miles do seem to be real-deal friends, and I think Amani and Karen could grow to be close too. It's nice to see.

I love their friendship so much. I could see Karen and Amani being close ,especially if both couples stay married. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Many a marriage has been saved by having separate bathrooms! 💜

LOL, I wonder when that started?  Many older homes only have one bathroom.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I am impressed with how much of a good sport prissy Christina is being with Henry, but it’s like watching someone babysit a five-year-old. It’s a very weird dynamic. That patience is going to wear out fast when they have to move in together and she’s no longer dragging him around the resort.  

This. I thought she for sure was going to be the problem here, but no, it's him. I give her credit for trying, but it was really unfair of "the experts" to turn her into a de facto life coach. It's okay to match people who are different but compliment each other (like Ashley & Anthony), but expecting one partner to "help so and so to do blah blah blah", just no. That's just code for "you need to fix this glaring personality flaw in your partner." Not fair at all, especially since this person thought they were getting a partner, not a project. And Henry is definitely a project.

• Love 10
On 8/13/2020 at 1:31 AM, Adeejay said:

Christina said that she wonders what made them pair her with Henry. I think it’s fair to say that most viewers are wondering about that too.

Karen seems to be trying to find a reason to dump Miles.

I am curious about how Olivia and Brett responded on the questionnaire with regards to having children. Clearly, they are not on the same page. I have a feeling Brett is going to use that as his “out”.

When the two Drs. were matching Olivia and Brett, the issue of having children was one of Pastor Cal's concerns.  He didn't agree with matching someone who definitely wants children with someone who doesn't.  However according to the Drs. they both have and love cats so they would be just fine.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, gingerandcloves said:

I don't know what the matter is with me. Apparently brushing my teeth with my spouse is a reason to get married. How has our marriage survived all these years without us ever doing that once? Must make sure to inform my kids that this is something to look for in their potential partner. Likes to brush teeth together - y/n? 

45 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

LOL, I wonder when that started?  Many older homes only have one bathroom.  

Pretty soon it will evolve into this:

• LOL 7
22 minutes ago, spunky said:

When the two Drs. were matching Olivia and Brett, the issue of having children was one of Pastor Cal's concerns.  He didn't agree with matching someone who definitely wants children with someone who doesn't.  However according to the Drs. they both have and love cats so they would be just fine.

Pastor Cal seems to be the expert that addresses these kind of red flags most consistently.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Pastor Cal seems to be the expert that addresses these kind of red flags most consistently.

He does. Unfortunately he's always out voted by his coworkers and production. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, cinsays said:

I would definitely be in the bedroom watching.  Your company can do without you for a little while or be nice and watch what you want to watch.

How about taping it?  I always tape shows I like even if I watch it.  I usually want to see it more than once.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Agreed.

And am I the only one that calls him "Castor Pal" when watching the show? Tell me I'm not alone.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

This. I thought she for sure was going to be the problem here, but no, it's him. I give her credit for trying, but it was really unfair of "the experts" to turn her into a de facto life coach. It's okay to match people who are different but compliment each other (like Ashley & Anthony), but expecting one partner to "help so and so to do blah blah blah", just no. That's just code for "you need to fix this glaring personality flaw in your partner." Not fair at all, especially since this person thought they were getting a partner, not a project. And Henry is definitely a project.

I keep hoping we find some hidden talent or unique quality about Henry that would make him a much more interesting person. I just looked up his profession I'll be damned he's an IT expert and so am I. I have met IT guys who were introverts and some lacked social skills because they're job doesn't require it. If he is an expert he probably makes decent money that always helps. Has anyone seen him drink? Maybe he gets a bit sloppy and becomes the life of the party...

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 8/12/2020 at 9:42 PM, Myrtle Urkele said:

Karen already friend-zoned Miles. She asked if he got his permission slip signed for the honeymoon! What?!🤣 

It seems like she believes that Miles is not on her level and maybe she already wrote him off since seeing his "emotional" IG stories.

Karen took offense at being called a "cougar" by Miles, emphasizing her age. So she cracked wise about his age. Miles is playing his cards all wrong. He should be going for the "I'm mature" look.

• Love 4

Miles is just kidding with the cougar crap but hasn't cared to notice Karen isn't amused. Twenty-six is showing - he needs to grow up & realize a joke is not a joke when it's upsetting his wife.

I'm tired of Amani talking about sex. Enjoy this flirty pre-sex dance & when you're ready just do it & stop constantly analyzing the situation.

Bennett the actor has an ease in front of the camera - JamieO's claws came out for a sec when Bennett said he was "getting the hang of this TV thing" & asked Woody (I think it was) an interviewer like question. Back off her gig, dude, or sleep with one eye open for the rest of your life.

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I keep hoping we find some hidden talent or unique quality about Henry that would make him a much more interesting person. I just looked up his profession I'll be damned he's an IT expert and so am I. I have met IT guys who were introverts and some lacked social skills because they're job doesn't require it. If he is an expert he probably makes decent money that always helps. Has anyone seen him drink? Maybe he gets a bit sloppy and becomes the life of the party...

He and Christina put back a lot of mezcal on their first night in Mexico, and agreed it was fun, but they didn't let us see it.  Which makes me think that he is probably dull when he drinks too.

Edited by Alexander Pope
edited for typo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Miles is just kidding with the cougar crap but hasn't cared to notice Karen isn't amused. Twenty-six is showing - he needs to grow up & realize a joke is not a joke when it's upsetting his wife.

I'm tired of Amani talking about sex. Enjoy this flirty pre-sex dance & when you're ready just do it & stop constantly analyzing the situation.

Bennett the actor has an ease in front of the camera - JamieO's claws came out for a sec when Bennett said he was "getting the hang of this TV thing" & asked Woody (I think it was) an interviewer like question. Back off her gig, dude, or sleep with one eye open for the rest of your life.

You're probably right, he's more than likely joking when uses "cougar" to describe her, but I'm on the other side...I think she's comes across as a stick in the mud. She needs to lighten up, have a sense of humor, and not be so sensitive. Four years (is that their gap?) is nothing, even at their ages. 

Edited by LaLaLaLa
removed extra word
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:

You're probably right, he's more than likely joking when uses says "cougar" to describe her, but I'm on the other side...I think she's comes across as a stick in the mud. She needs to lighten up, have a sense of humor, and not be so sensitive. Four years (is that their gap?) is nothing, even at their ages. 

She seems a bit dull to me, but, I'm with her on being annoyed about that 'joke', especially because it wasn't just once & done; he wouldn't let it go.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Henry, I think, is a recruiter for a health care organization.  Brett is the IT guy.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I sure hope Henry is not on the spectrum and that TPTB didn't foist him on Christina knowing that about him.  I thought it wasn't great when Derek learned at the alter that Katie was diabetic, being that diabetes is a chronic illness and he might be responsible for her care sometimes. Not everyone's up for that. (Diabetes runs in my family.) Maybe one of the "audition" questions is, "Would you be adverse to a partner with a chronic but treatable disease/condition?" so it wasn't as big a surprise as it might have been.  Autism would be beyond the pale, I would think, if you were matched with someone with that diagnosis and not told.  I'm thinking Henry's not autistic, just severely socially anxious, but I wouldn't put anything past the Show.  I think TBTB would be rubbing their collective hands together in glee if they realized how much traction the storyline of Henry and his behavior has gained.

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't think she was that upset; hence the permission slip jab back at him.  Just imagine how Dallas Amber would have reacted! I think she recognizes he is a good guy even with his "10 monogamous relationships". If anything, her backstory is more eyebrow raising than his. I would have asked over what time frame did these relationships occur? How many in the last 3 years? Because if he's counting all the way back to high school, who cares???

In any case, she obviously likes him - she climbed into the hammock with him at the end, didn't she? 😜

• Love 2
On 8/13/2020 at 9:19 AM, Silver Bells said:

That was an interesting ride or whatever it was.  I love that resort.  Do they cater to cranky ass seniors?  My husband has jumped out of planes in the Army, but would not go on any of those rides.  I would tho.  All of them while he read the newspaper, lol.

Yay!  Another adventurous 'aging' baby boomer!  I'd join you on those rides in a heartbeat!  I just checked out the layouts of Xenses and Xavage Park,  So much fun to be had!  (One Dramamine apéritif perhaps...and I'd be ready to conquer Cancun!)  The Sunday Times can wait.  ☺️

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, TzuShih said:

Yay!  Another adventurous 'aging' baby boomer!  I'd join you on those rides in a heartbeat!  I just checked out the layouts of Xenses and Xavage Park,  So much fun to be had!  (One Dramamine apéritif perhaps...and I'd be ready to conquer Cancun!)  The Sunday Times can wait.  ☺️

If you watched the N.Y. Housewives this week, they were in Cancun and went down to this hole on a rope into this magnificent underground cave with beautiful scenery.  Check it out.  Bat cave and all. 😀

• Love 4
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I think Miles and Karen were in a joking mood and I don't think anybody's feelings were really hurt about the cougar and the permission slip. I don't believe there was any tone deafness except for us who are not there to know what were the connections before these comments. Editing monkeys need some conflict even if there is none.

Most of the cast has an ease with the camera.  At least 6 out of ten, imho.  Quite entertaining but then I don't crave conflict and hostility.  I like going on these honeymoons.  A group honeymoon could be a very fun thing.  Especially if you have been dating your mate 5-6 years.  Or if you just met your mate.

Edited by Kira53
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5