Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: That's Not Amore

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

If I was trash-talking someone and then got confronted about it on camera, by 6 people staring at me around a dinner table, and the source was the town drunk, there’s a good chance I would lie too. Especially about such stupid things like Erika being a cold bitch and Teddi being a talentless hack who got where she is because of her dad.

I think this depends on a lot of factors.  It sounds like you’re saying the “town drunk,” as if Brandi isn’t to be believed.  Fair point.  So, if Brandi isn’t telling the truth, there’s nothing to lie about in the first place.  Denise got in her own way on that one.  

For Denise to deflect from Teddi’s genuine question about whether Denise a.) is friends with Brandi or b.) is not friends with Brandi with “Teddi, she called me,” is just asking for trouble.  That’s not an answer.  That shows that Denise is trying to obfuscate in the worst way possible.  It’s like the time on RHOC when Shannon had Tamra dead to rights for making fun of her head injury via a picture and Tamra’s response was that it was not a picture, it was a video.  If that’s the best you’ve got, you’re in hot water.  

Then Teddi says that the point is that there is a friendship between Brandi and Denise, which Denise heretofore lied about.  If Denise would have just been honest by giving an inch and saying “yes, I talked to Brandi,” she would have gained a mile.  

Then Teddi gave Denise another out—Teddi said that if she got the full story, she would be willing to chalk Brandi up to a liar, and Denise replies with “ok, fuck the background.”  SMDH.  

Then Denise says, vehemently, “Did I say those things about you?  I did not.”  This is after last episode, when Teddi confronted Denise about whether she said it, Denise made the most befuddled face I have ever seen and replied emphatically, “No!”  

Then they moved to the bar, Erika asked about the “icy bitch” comment, Denise swore on her mother’s grave that she didn’t say that, that she would never say that and Brandi said it.  Then, in her talking head, Denise said, regarding Erika, “I said she was cold toward me.”  I’m not quite sure I’ve ever seen someone catch themselves so red-handed in their own damn lie!

Denise said that she didn’t lie, but that she agreed with the things Brandi brought up, including Brandi’s assertion that Teddi lived in or on her father’s coattails, and she’s said worse shit.  So what was with the big, fake face and the “Noooo” last episode?  Fair question, I think. 

Then she says she’s been “so fucking honest” (!!!)

I don’t care if Denise is in front of six women or six hundred women—she can’t get her story straight.  I don’t generally abide by lying.  It makes the person who receives the lie and takes it at face value look like a jerk.  I think the truth is the best answer 90% of the time.  And the truth can be as simple as, “I don’t feel like talking about that” or “that’s private; I’m not going to talk about that” or “you’re throwing a lot at me and I need to collect myself before I can respond.”  Then she can leave the table, call her husband, make a game plan, and follow through on it.  She didn’t just fall off the turnip truck.  She’s Denise Fucking Richards and she should know how to defend herself by now.  

I don’t think talking behind someone’s back about something trivial and then denying it falls into the category of a white lie.  If it’s trivial, Denise should have no problem saying, “yes, I said that about you.  And...?”  I would have so much more respect for the person who took this tactic than denial and then half-truths.  Last season in Provence, Kyle (and, to an extent, Teddi, but mostly Kyle) got deeper into her friendship with Erika when Kyle said some brutally honest things to Erika’s face and behind her back and then apologized.  If Denise had said, “yeah, I think I called you an icy bitch, Erika, or some derivation of same,” I think Erika would be willing to hear her out and this could have been an opening to a bigger discussion.  I think that’s all anyone is looking for.  Just be honest and grow from it.  

2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

My dad is as kind and gentle and wise as can be. And he taught me at an early age: If they are interrogating you, deny, deny, deny. Never admit to anything. Chances are, they have no proof.

Ah, yes.  I tend to agree with this also.  I said I believe in the truth like 90% of the time.  The other ten percent of the time when a lie is more prudent is definitely when it’s time to “deny, deny, deny.”  My husband and I have had discussions about things that are worth lying about—mostly to bosses and the government aka authority figures who have no business being in our business—not friends—and we have always agreed that you stick to your lie and be consistent and go down with the ship.  Even if they have you on tape, you can say it was spliced together and it’s not you.  Chances are, yes, they will give up, absent proof.

On a related note, clinical psychologist Jordan Peterson says that if you can stand your ground for two weeks, any scandal will blow over.  

On another related note, I was watching this Israeli spy drama, The Little Drummer Girl, and they said that when you’re lying, it’s imperative to never change a detail.  

But Denise is doing none of that.  She’s all over the place.  She’s getting in her own damn way.  Just to sum it up, I would be hard pressed to lie to someone I cared for, because I think it would forever damage our relationship.  When someone tries to press me under the auspices of authority and I don’t recognize their authority, I will lie, because they committed the immoral act first by trying to get me to account for something that’s none of my business.  But co-workers?  Especially on a reality show where I’m hired to interact with these people?  They’re really not worth lying to, or the indignity that comes with it.  

Denise keeps saying she doesn’t care, when clearly she cares, if she is discussing these people with Brandi Glanville, which is now a fact (unless Denise and Brandi are both somehow lying that they talked shit when they didn’t), she cares about how they treat her and how they act.  So why not just go all-out and admit you said some not nice things so that there can be healing?  And next season, when the shoe is on the other foot, people will be able to say “there are many things you can say about Denise, but she ain’t a liar.”  On RHOC, Shannon held such a good reputation for truthfulness for five seasons, that I would have believed her hook, line and sinker on anything she said, no matter how outlandish.  She was caught lying at the season 13 reunion, and in season 14, if she said the sky was blue, I would look up to check for myself.  Lying is so damaging to relationships IMO.  

Call me crazy, but I think if Denise would have come clean to Teddi about the things she said about her, Teddi very well might remain calm, take it in, and there could be a resolution.  Teddi gets caught up in bullshit, but I think she’s generally a straight shooter.  Judging by her reaction to Camille at Kyle’s black and white party, she doesn’t seem like someone who is going to have a strong negative reaction at a restaurant table.  And Teddi did lie last season, so I don’t trust her that much, but at least she told the truth about the fact that she lied last season!  Same can’t be said about Denise.  

As far as who Denise slept with, if Denise was really this cool, hollaback, chill chick that she seems to want us to believe she is, Denise was free to say in a good-natured way, “get the fuck out of here with that shit” when confronted about having sex with Brandi.  It wouldn’t be a lie, it would just be a “stay out of my business.”  I guarantee they all would have backed down in the face of that reaction.  And if they didn’t? Then anyone who continue to interrogate her about her sex life when she told them to go scratch will look like a really shitty person, and suddenly all the attention is on them and off Denise.  That’s how you play this game, in my experience anyway.  

I don’t get Denise.  She’s either a bad bitch who knows how to handle people—as someone who has an iteration of the word “fuck” in their name tends to—or she is a shrinking violet, but she needs to pick one.  This fence-riding is what is causing all the ladies—including Garcelle and Dorit—to question her.  Those two, at the very least, seem to want to be able to grab onto something Denise is saying and make sense of it, but she’s denying them the opportunity.  Stand up.  Grow a pair.  Or take it all in stride, but pick one.  Be your own person.  This is all reminding me of that country song, Fancy, where Reba sings, “you know I might have been born plain white trash, but fancy was-a my name.”  Be a leader, not a follower.  Without acting a fool.  

What was it that Rudyard Kipling said in the poem If?  “If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you...you’ll be a Man, my son!”  Damn straight.  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Typos
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, janiema said:

Rinna really looks terrible - her skin, her hair. I also think that if Brandi hooked up with anyone it was Rinna. That’s why she reacted so explosively to that little gem. That why she us the ond to keep the Denise story going - deflection.

I despise Kyle but I say that every week. Please producers, fire everyone except Garcelle, Denise and possibly Sutton. Is Erika a real person or an automaton? There is no there there.

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever get the Erika adoration. I don't see her as hero material at all. Shrug.

• Love 21
54 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I felt like I was watching Young and Restless when Rinna and Denise were alone talking and was waiting to hear Nadia's Theme to start playing and for Eileen to pop in.  It was so fake!  

Also, Erika's story about having sex in a hospital was weird.  The way she said "I had a private room honey" implied it was because she was rich, but when in fact, it was probably because no one was in the bed next to her. why she frontin' like that when we know she comes from humble beginnings?  

Yes.  I was thinking the same thing about the "private room honey".  It felt like she was trying to rewrite her history when we all know her true history.  

I don't care about who Denise may have had sex with.  It's no one's business and certainly not these awful women.  Like above posters said, they are all hiding something.  Maybe they should focus on who Mauricio is having sex with. lol

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Starvation will do that you!

Lisa looked awful in that scene with Denise. I don’t know if it was the lack of makeup or what, but her lips looked even more freakish than usual. Her hair also looked wig-like. 

I didn’t believe her performance for a minute. 

At this point, I don’t really like any of these women and am finding the show hard to watch. I may just wait for the reunion. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, princelina said:

Since she seems to be doing the bidding of Kyle, Brandi and Rinna - I'd say shame on her 😄 

It may be that, while trying not to be fooled by Denise, Teddi ended up being manipulated by the others. Too bad she didn’t stop with the things Denise was alleged to have said about them, and let the others mention the sex part. Still, I feel for Teddi - imo she’s not used to the kind of conniving this group relishes, and is in over her head.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, janiema said:

Is Erika a real person or an automaton? There is no there there.

She's a guerrilla fighter. Says not a word or very little when it's going down but then is bold and vicious during her THs.

She wakes up my "Come over here and say that."

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, nexxie said:

It may be that, while trying not to be fooled by Denise, Teddi ended up being manipulated by the others. Too bad she didn’t stop with the things Denise was alleged to have said about them, and let the others mention the sex part. Still, I feel for Teddi - imo she’s not used to the kind of conniving this group relishes, and is in over her head.

In fairness to Teddi, she did have Rinna screaming at her to spill about the sex thing.  I still think Teddi's bigger concern is how Denise feels about her, and what that might mean for Teddi having to interact with someone who despises her.  Almost all of Teddi's own questions are about what Denise said to Brandi.  If Denise just said "Yeah, you're not my cup of tea", Teddi would probably cry, but then eventually move on.  They need to take a page from Bethenny and Ramona, and just have the dislike out in the open, and agree to be (mostly) civil when they see each other.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

The hospital room story sounded made up on the spot IMO.  

Honestly all of their wild and crazy sexcapades sound made up to me 😄 

28 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I don't feel for her anymore because she doesn't seem to learn from one season to the next.  (Actually I do feel for her a little because if a trap door opened and she fell through and disappeared no one in the audience would notice, even as she tries to keep herself right in the middle of the judgmental bitching 😄 )

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Kyle is trying to groom Teddi on the fine art of being a best friend.   Teddi take note...Faye Resnick...Nicole Brown Simpson...Kyle Richards.  I don't think Teddi is evil, just very easy to manipulate.

I almost wish Denise and Rinna would bring their good friend Tori Spelling on the show.  I would love to see a pile on Tori and there is SO much they could say!   Denise has never bothered me, so watching her get roasted isn't that much fun.   Hell, Tori would probably pay to join this show.  She would also have no problem throwing Dean, her mother and probably at least one of her kids under the bus. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I'm not sure how I feel about Teddi, aside from the Denise thing.  I can't even remember what she did last season.....hmmm....Wasn't it Kyle and Teddi who kept harping about LR doing the Erika impersonation and wouldn't let it go, even though Erika was ok with it?  So lame and annoying. So, yeah. Not a fan of Teddi's. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, nexxie said:

Teddi is smart to be cautious around this group - especially after falling for the LVP manipulation. “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”

But Kyle did the exact same thing to her this year.  Kyle invited Teddi over so she would be there when Kim trotted out Brandi to get the rumor on camera so they'd HAVE to talk about it. 

When Teddi said she was upset about what Denise had "said" about her after Brandi left, Kyle cut her right off and said we have more important things to worry about (like how to take Denise down).  Teddi is not a very bright person.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Teddi, aside from the Denise thing.  I can't even remember what she did last season.....hmmm....Wasn't it Kyle and Teddi who kept harping about LR doing the Erika impersonation and wouldn't let it go, even though Erika was ok with it?  So lame and annoying. So, yeah. Not a fan of Teddi's. 

Teddi is not my favorite.  She has a habit of expecting everyone else to react to a situation exactly as she would.  When that doesn't happen, she has issues.  Last season she could not handle Erika and Erika not being upset about something that would upset Teddi.  Teddi seems incapable of understanding that not everyone thinks and feels like her and that is okay.  

• Love 16
3 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

I think they are jealous but as you point out and by the nature of jealousy itself it is not rational.  Denise has an attentive husband right now who stands by her side and even fights for her, something none of them have.  Denise still gets work and they all want that for themselves and even though most of them are getting it they are very insecure about their futures in this area.   These two things alone could trigger jealousy.  Jealousy is often based on a person's perception of what another person's life is like and that perception is rarely an accurate one and more of a fantasy in the jealous person's head.  For example, people look at social media and think that a person's life is reflected in their pictures and postings when in fact that stuff is only a tiny and very filtered and often contrived fraction of a person's real world. Jealous people create the whole scenario in their heads, and often the subject of their jealousy has no idea this is happening. It makes any real friendship impossible because it drives passive aggressive behavior and fuels anger but honestly you don't have to have anything much at all for a person to be jealous of you. 

I tend to think people here reach for "they are just jealous" to explain actions that often aren't about jealousy. Denise gets the same "work" that Rinna gets - soaps and Real Housewives shows. I don't think Rinna is "jealous" of Denise. I don't think Kyle - who actually has a more stable life than Denise - is "jealous" of Denise. I do think Rinna is angry at Denise... and I am not sure what Kyle's angle is on the whole Denise/Brandi thing. But I don't think it is jealousy.  

I think the "just jealous" explanation makes some viewers feel good (why? I am not sure) but it's not usually why there is conflict between people on these shows.  It can happen sometimes - I do think, for instance, New York's Dorinda is "jealous" of both Tinsley and Ramona, for reasons I can't figure out - but I don't think it is as the root of the problems here. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I tend to think people here reach for "they are just jealous" to explain actions that often aren't about jealousy. Denise gets the same "work" that Rinna gets - soaps and Real Housewives shows. I don't think Rinna is "jealous" of Denise. I don't think Kyle - who actually has a more stable life than Denise - is "jealous" of Denise. I do think Rinna is angry at Denise... and I am not sure what Kyle's angle is on the whole Denise/Brandi thing. But I don't think it is jealousy.  

I think the "just jealous" explanation makes some viewers feel good (why? I am not sure) but it's not usually why there is conflict between people on these shows.  It can happen sometimes - I do think, for instance, New York's Dorinda is "jealous" of both Tinsley and Ramona, for reasons I can't figure out - but I don't think it is as the root of the problems here. 

Really?  Hmm.....I never thought about it that way.  I see most of the cast members on all Real Housewives shows as VERY jealous people, especially Kyle. She exudes insecurity, to me.  She's a little less that way since she got her new house, but, still......she could hop back into that caftan at any time. lol  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Denise, Denise, don’t you know who Lisa REALLY is? You are giving her way too much credit. 

B1B72016-4449-4568-8145-C041CE9F237F.jpeg

On Watch What Happens Live last night, Kyle Was asked about believing Brandi despite a blog she wrote in 2015...

D2082B33-C713-43E3-8C2B-EBBAC29537D2.jpeg

208687DB-C110-4B6A-A041-8C1C7107CA93.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I think this depends on a lot of factors.  It sounds like you’re saying the “town drunk,” as if Brandi isn’t to be believed.  Fair point.  So, if Brandi isn’t telling the truth, there’s nothing to lie about in the first place.  Denise got in her own way on that one.  

For Denise to deflect from Teddi’s genuine question about whether Denise a.) is friends with Brandi or b.) is not friends with Brandi with “Teddi, she called me,” is just asking for trouble.  That’s not an answer.  That shows that Denise is trying to obfuscate in the worst way possible.  It’s like the time on RHOC when Shannon had Tamra dead to rights for making fun of her head injury via a picture and Tamra’s response was that it was not a picture, it was a video.  If that’s the best you’ve got, you’re in hot water.  

Then Teddi says that the point is that there is a friendship between Brandi and Denise, which Denise heretofore lied about.  If Denise would have just been honest by giving an inch and saying “yes, I talked to Brandi,” she would have gained a mile.  

Then Teddi gave Denise another out—Teddi said that if she got the full story, she would be willing to chalk Brandi up to a liar, and Denise replies with “ok, fuck the background.”  SMDH.  

Then Denise says, vehemently, “Did I say those things about you?  I did not.”  This is after last episode, when Teddi confronted Denise about whether she said it, Denise made the most befuddled face I have ever seen and replied emphatically, “No!”  

Then they moved to the bar, Erika asked about the “icy bitch” comment, Denise swore on her mother’s grave that she didn’t say that, that she would never say that and Brandi said it.  Then, in her talking head, Denise said, regarding Erika, “I said she was cold toward me.”  I’m not quite sure I’ve ever seen someone catch themselves so red-handed in their own damn lie!

Denise said that she didn’t lie, but that she agreed with the things Brandi brought up, including Brandi’s assertion that Teddi lived in or on her father’s coattails, and she’s said worse shit.  So what was with the big, fake face and the “Noooo” last episode?  Fair question, I think. 

Then she says she’s been “so fucking honest” (!!!)

I don’t care if Denise is in front of six women or six hundred women—she can’t get her story straight.  I don’t generally abide by lying.  It makes the person who receives the lie and takes it at face value look like a jerk.  I think the truth is the best answer 90% of the time.  And the truth can be as simple as, “I don’t feel like talking about that” or “that’s private; I’m not going to talk about that” or “you’re throwing a lot at me and I need to collect myself before I can respond.”  Then she can leave the table, call her husband, make a game plan, and follow through on it.  She didn’t just fall off the turnip truck.  She’s Denise Fucking Richards and she should know how to defend herself by now.  

I don’t think talking behind someone’s back about something trivial and then denying it falls into the category of a white lie.  If it’s trivial, Denise should have no problem saying, “yes, I said that about you.  And...?”  I would have so much more respect for the person who took this tactic than denial and then half-truths.  Last season in Provence, Kyle (and, to an extent, Teddi, but mostly Kyle) got deeper into her friendship with Erika when Kyle said some brutally honest things to Erika’s face and behind her back and then apologized.  If Denise had said, “yeah, I think I called you an icy bitch, Erika, or some derivation of same,” I think Erika would be willing to hear her out and this could have been an opening to a bigger discussion.  I think that’s all anyone is looking for.  Just be honest and grow from it.  

Ah, yes.  I tend to agree with this also.  I said I believe in the truth like 90% of the time.  The other ten percent of the time when a lie is more prudent is definitely when it’s time to “deny, deny, deny.”  My husband and I have had discussions about things that are worth lying about—mostly to bosses and the government aka authority figures who have no business being in our business—not friends—and we have always agreed that you stick to your lie and be consistent and go down with the ship.  Even if they have you on tape, you can say it was spliced together and it’s not you.  Chances are, yes, they will give up, absent proof.

On a related note, clinical psychologist Jordan Peterson says that if you can stand your ground for two weeks, any scandal will blow over.  

On another related note, I was watching this Israeli spy drama, The Little Drummer Girl, and they said that when you’re lying, it’s imperative to never change a detail.  

But Denise is doing none of that.  She’s all over the place.  She’s getting in her own damn way.  Just to sum it up, I would be hard pressed to lie to someone I cared for, because I think it would forever damage our relationship.  When someone tries to press me under the auspices of authority and I don’t recognize their authority, I will lie, because they committed the immoral act first by trying to get me to account for something that’s none of my business.  But co-workers?  Especially on a reality show where I’m hired to interact with these people?  They’re really not worth lying to, or the indignity that comes with it.  

Denise keeps saying she doesn’t care, when clearly she cares, if she is discussing these people with Brandi Glanville, which is now a fact (unless Denise and Brandi are both somehow lying that they talked shit when they didn’t), she cares about how they treat her and how they act.  So why not just go all-out and admit you said some not nice things so that there can be healing?  And next season, when the shoe is on the other foot, people will be able to say “there are many things you can say about Denise, but she ain’t a liar.”  On RHOC, Shannon held such a good reputation for truthfulness for five seasons, that I would have believed her hook, line and sinker on anything she said, no matter how outlandish.  She was caught lying at the season 13 reunion, and in season 14, if she said the sky was blue, I would look up to check for myself.  Lying is so damaging to relationships IMO.  

Call me crazy, but I think if Denise would have come clean to Teddi about the things she said about her, Teddi very well might remain calm, take it in, and there could be a resolution.  Teddi gets caught up in bullshit, but I think she’s generally a straight shooter.  Judging by her reaction to Camille at Kyle’s black and white party, she doesn’t seem like someone who is going to have a strong negative reaction at a restaurant table.  And Teddi did lie last season, so I don’t trust her that much, but at least she told the truth about the fact that she lied last season!  Same can’t be said about Denise.  

As far as who Denise slept with, if Denise was really this cool, hollaback, chill chick that she seems to want us to believe she is, Denise was free to say in a good-natured way, “get the fuck out of here with that shit” when confronted about having sex with Brandi.  It wouldn’t be a lie, it would just be a “stay out of my business.”  I guarantee they all would have backed down in the face of that reaction.  And if they didn’t? Then anyone who continue to interrogate her about her sex life when she told them to go scratch will look like a really shitty person, and suddenly all the attention is on them and off Denise.  That’s how you play this game, in my experience anyway.  

I don’t get Denise.  She’s either a bad bitch who knows how to handle people—as someone who has an iteration of the word “fuck” in their name tends to—or she is a shrinking violet, but she needs to pick one.  This fence-riding is what is causing all the ladies—including Garcelle and Dorit—to question her.  Those two, at the very least, seem to want to be able to grab onto something Denise is saying and make sense of it, but she’s denying them the opportunity.  Stand up.  Grow a pair.  Or take it all in stride, but pick one.  Be your own person.  This is all reminding me of that country song, Fancy, where Reba sings, “you know I might have been born plain white trash, but fancy was-a my name.”  Be a leader, not a follower.  Without acting a fool.  

What was it that Rudyard Kipling said in the poem If?  “If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you...you’ll be a Man, my son!”  Damn straight.  

It strikes me that at the end of the day, the reason why Denise can't get her story straight is not because she cares that they knew that she slept with Brandi but more that she cares that they know she was trash-talking them with Brandi.

Teddi has made her concerns clear - people here may not like that Teddi is like a dog with bone on an issue, but over the last several dinners, she's been incredibly consistent about what bothered her: that Denise or Brandi or someone said she was living in the shadow of her father.  And she's been consistent about the fact that it bothers her that Denise's story keeps changing.  IMO, Denise's story keeps changing because she doesn't want to admit that she was talking trash because she wants to keep up the appearance of "down home Denise."  I do think that if Denise did just "own" (TM Rinna) that she doesn't like Teddi, that she said some gross things about her, that Teddi would actually say, "okay, now I know where we stand with each other." The stupid sex rumor part of this may have gone away if Denise had admitted to the incredibly human trait of sometimes gossiping. Which she is now doing in her talking heads, but too little, too late. 

Again, of all of these women, Teddi is the one whose actions make the most sense to me. She's trying to get to the bottom of ugly statements that were said to her and she's rightly calling out inconsistencies in Denise's story. I still can't figure out Rinna or Kyle's, though. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

There is something really wrong with Rinna. She’s not tight in the head. 

1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

Lisa looked awful in that scene with Denise. I don’t know if it was the lack of makeup or what, but her lips looked even more freakish than usual. Her hair also looked wig-like. 

I didn’t believe her performance for a minute. 

At this point, I don’t really like any of these women and am finding the show hard to watch. I may just wait for the reunion. 

Rinna should have stopped after removing the lip implants - she’s off in the head to keep doing this to herself. Her lips really did look freakish in that scene.

https://people.com/style/lisa-rinna-lip-reduction/

lisa-rinna.jpg

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Mar said:

Denise, Denise, don’t you know who Lisa REALLY is? You are giving her way too much credit. 

B1B72016-4449-4568-8145-C041CE9F237F.jpeg

I actually saw that as Denise calling out Rinna for playing the character of "Lisa Rinna" instead of being the Lisa Denise has known for 20 years.  She is asking Lisa to be the person she has known and loved instead of the housewife while trying not to break the 4th wall.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I actually saw that as Denise calling out Rinna for playing the character of "Lisa Rinna" instead of being the Lisa Denise has known for 20 years.  She is asking Lisa to be the person she has known and loved instead of the housewife while trying not to break the 4th wall.  

If there is a different Lisa (as Sutton so deliciously asked haha), that would explain why Denise would bother with her by the time of this scene.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

But Kyle did the exact same thing to her this year.  Kyle invited Teddi over so she would be there when Kim trotted out Brandi to get the rumor on camera so they'd HAVE to talk about it. 

When Teddi said she was upset about what Denise had "said" about her after Brandi left, Kyle cut her right off and said we have more important things to worry about (like how to take Denise down).  Teddi is not a very bright person.

It does seem as if Kyle set Teddi up inviting her to be there when Kim and Brandi came over - hard to believe Kyle didn’t know what they would say. Teddi seems gullible to me - first groomed to be used by LVP, and then perhaps Kyle (if there’s not a real friendship there). Teddi and Kyle did try to dump the story on Rinna (“your trip, your friend”) but then Rinna got Teddi to tell the tale. Gullible.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

So this whole thing with Brandi breaking girl code and spilling secrets just never made sense to me. I don’t believe the cheater’s guilt excuse that Brandi concocted for one minute. So just now, I’m listening to Heather McDonald’s Juicy Scoop podcast and her theory is money related. Apparently before COVID hit, Brandi, Kim and Denise we’re set to do a live show called “Blonde and Blonder”, where they were to be onstage and take questions from the audience. Then Denise pulled out. Brandi was so upset because obviously Denise would be the main draw. This could’ve made a lot of money and kept Brandi in Jack Daniels and tampons for life. Makes total sense to me as to why now Brandi’s gonna be that bitch. She’s bitter and angry and it’s a tiny bit understandable. If she was upfront. It wouldn’t make me hate her any less, but I could understand the motivation better. 

everyone brings up Brandi and tampons ... Dis she make a porn like Paris Hilton did with her tampon string hanging out? 🤣

Denise looks reptilian in her talking head.

She looks bad and either drunk or on pills or something.

I also do agree with you that there is some unresolved anger for some reason towards Denise, maybe because of her contract.  

Maybe Lisa is jealous of Denise’s marriage because Lisa’s is smoke and mirrors.  

Showing the producer wrangling Denise back to dinner was so strange.  I'm sure it happens all the time but I can't remember the last time I saw something like that air.

It was unsettling. He was holding her by the arm and guiding her as one would a child.

After how many times they’ve attacked Denise, I see nothing wrong with her calling them out and then leaving. I wish she hadn’t returned but apparently the producer had other ideas. Production clearly dislikes Denise.

They are mean girls. The torch has been passed. Rinna is now HMGIC.

Speaking of RInna, I noticed she ate two bites of pizza. Hope she had plenty of Adderall on hand to ward off hunger for the next 24 hours. She’s going to need to pay for that transgression. 

Hey Kyle and Lisa, let’s talk about your husbands…

Teddi has the energy of a mean babysitter, or a disapproving mother-in-law.  Just when you think everything is finally done, old waitasec Teddi will show up to prove you wrong.

She wins the award for “most annoying and self-righteous THS” IMHO!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Denise is in a no-win situation no matter what she says because those vultures (not Garcelle) have already made up their mind that she's this year's target and they don't like her. Props to Dorit and Sutton for at least trying to be reasonable. 

I love Garcelle calling out Rinna and her stupid Instagram attention-seeking dancing and the correlation between Rinna's behavior and her daughter's issues. Rinna wants everyone to be honest and put it all out there until it's directed at her. And Gracelle did it with such poise and class, including telling Kyle to STFU. lol 

I hope Denise - and Garcelle for that matter - don't come back next season, unless there's a significant cast change (and there won't be). These women are toxic and only care about trying to make manufactured drama and "good" (it's not!) tv. BH used to be one of the top franchises and now I'd say it's bottom of the barrel. The bullying is exhausting. I'd take the constant drunken antics of NY any day of the week because at least they're being genuine while BH is fake. 

Sutton with the Buca di Beppo / Olive Garden zinger and "is there a better side of Lisa" cracked me up.

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 13

I thought it was interesting that Rinna was showing a tiny bit of remorse for going in on Denise the night before and Kyle just tries to twist her back around again with the "she needs to be honest" BS. Like Rinna was deviating from the take down Denise plan. They're all terrible. My recording recorded the WWHL episode with Kyle and Teddi and I turned it off. I have no interest in what they have to say. I will say I'm excited for the reunion.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, OFDgal said:

Yes.  I was thinking the same thing about the "private room honey".  It felt like she was trying to rewrite her history when we all know her true history.  

I don't care about who Denise may have had sex with.  It's no one's business and certainly not these awful women.  Like above posters said, they are all hiding something.  Maybe they should focus on who Mauricio is having sex with. lol

or Harry Hamlin🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Erika and Dorit look like parodies of themselves or cartoon characters with their over done hair and clothing.  It's clownish to arrive at the events they attend dressed up that way.  

I'll agree, but I thought that Erika slayed with last night's look.  That 60's mod vibe she had going on was gorgeous.  Erika does remind me of a bygone era movie star.  And, to me, most of time, she does her "looks" with ease and confidence.

Dorit, on the other hand, just looks so try-hard ALL the time.  She decided to follow in Erika's footsteps with the over-the-top hairstyles, outfits and accessories and it just doesn't work, imo.  

I do agree with the fact that it is all so overdone and ridiculous.  Again, to me, Erika looks most beautiful with minimal makeup and casual clothing.  Dorit, however, I think she needs all of that fluff and logo'd stuff to make her feel better about herself.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Omg. I wish Denise could have gotten this speech before the season wrapped up!

I'm glad my rant was appreciated! 😀I wish I could have helped her out. I wouldn't mind being a Real Housewife speech writer. lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

That's funny.  I keep thinking she looks haggard.

12 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:
  17 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

God, Denise is so beautiful.

She does have a deep crevice on her left side next to her mouth (like I do) so I noticed that.

I don't think she is in the beautiful category, she reminds me of Scooby Doo. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Kyle is doing the very thing she accused LVP of doing in the past: pulling strings like a puppet master.  Her facial expressions last night were priceless.  She wants to start drama then sit back and watch the fur fly.

When Rinna screamed at Denise: just go....Kyle almost snapped her neck turning to look at Rinna.  I think that was where Rinna crossed the line, they don't want Denise to leave because she does bring viewers.   When Rinna started to defuse the situation after the cryfest, Kyle looked clearly unapprovingly and Rinna reeled it in some straddling the fence like the hypocrite she is.   When Kyle told Denise: I'm not attacking you....these things need to be addressed, she looked so pathetic and lame.  They ambushed Denise aggressively and demanded she admit to Bandi's gossip in the name of revealing the authentic, true Denise.  The dinners are more like Grand Jury hearings than a meal and not very entertaining.  Rinna has no right to demand that anyone confess to anything as she has a lot to hide and at the mention of Harry will throw a wine glass to prove it.  If they believe Brandi over Denise, then they have to OWN that shit.

I couldn't agree more with you. If LVP preferred the drama to surround the other women and pushed storylines among them, she was Bobby Fischer. If Kyle does, it's because she's got zero to hide and the others must be honest because it's what they signed up for! If LVP makes jokes at the other ladies' expense, she's got a condescending humor. If Kyle repeatedly mocks them, she's just oh so hilarious and playful! Double standards much?

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

She does have a deep crevice on her left side next to her mouth (like I do) so I noticed that.

I don't think she is in the beautiful category, she reminds me of Scooby Doo. 

Oh I hope not. 

Or at least I hope Dorito doesn’t think that because she might leave her at the dog shelter!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone know how the ratings are? 

I believe the season debuted to lower than expected ratings, (think I saw a tweet about that somewhere) like around 300K less, and then the rest of the season has continued to have lower ratings overall that previous years.  

If they were good, Rinna and co. would be probably be brag-tweeting about how high the ratings are, like they did last year.  I guess they thought the cast minus LVP was the reason for the higher ratings last year. OOps.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Jel said:

I believe the season debuted to lower than expected ratings, (think I saw a tweet about that somewhere) like around 300K less, and then the rest of the season has continued to have lower ratings overall that previous years.  

If they were good, Rinna and co. would be probably be brag-tweeting about how high the ratings are, like they did last year.  I guess they thought the cast minus LVP was the reason for the higher ratings last year. OOps.

Oh wow. I was still expecting high ratings due to the pandemic. I figured a lot of the people who said they wouldn't watch this season changed their minds because they're at home more. 

This show has been my favorite guilty pleasure since season 1. But if the ratings are bad, maybe that means a cast shake-up. And I'd like at least one or two mean girls gone, not the few nice ones. I nominate Teddi because she's boring. The others are at least more entertaining to make up for the bitchiness. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

So this whole thing with Brandi breaking girl code and spilling secrets just never made sense to me. I don’t believe the cheater’s guilt excuse that Brandi concocted for one minute. So just now, I’m listening to Heather McDonald’s Juicy Scoop podcast and her theory is money related. Apparently before COVID hit, Brandi, Kim and Denise we’re set to do a live show called “Blonde and Blonder”, where they were to be onstage and take questions from the audience. Then Denise pulled out. Brandi was so upset because obviously Denise would be the main draw. This could’ve made a lot of money and kept Brandi in Jack Daniels and tampons for life. Makes total sense to me as to why now Brandi’s gonna be that bitch. She’s bitter and angry and it’s a tiny bit understandable. If she was upfront. It wouldn’t make me hate her any less, but I could understand the motivation better. 

This explains everything, thank you.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 8/11/2020 at 6:42 PM, jewel21 said:

Airdate: 08/12/2020

I am so freaking sick of this storyline already . Who give a flying f...k if Denise had sex with Brandi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Denise should have said ..Hell no I didn't f....k her,   but if I did who gives a good got Damn !!!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6