Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: That's Not Amore

• Start Topic

Is this where Denise stops filming the show? I can’t blame her really, she doesn’t need this show. Garcelle should go with her, she doesn’t fit in and doesn’t need this show either. And take along Sutton too, she doesn’t fit in with the mean girls either. They really need to recast this group. 

• Love 24

So after all that drama and big speech by Denise and the walk out...a producer tells Denise to go back and nothing. They are all friends and talking about sex and stuff. I’m hate watching this show at this point. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

I’d much rather hear about Tom’s daughter—who is Erika’s age—cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the Girardis, the religions that informed their upbringings, and even Harry Hamlin having a damn baby out of wedlock.  I feel like this is what has been missing from the show.  I’m not entirely enthusiastic about watching them ride Vespas in the rain in Rome, the fashion capital of the world (someone ought to inform New York, Paris and Milan that they’ve been bested, as per Dorit).  

If I wanted to be reminded of Rome, I’d watch the Travel Channel.  I think they get a lot of Housewives vacations wrong on these shows.  I like them to have to be in one place so that drama can happen.  I’m not looking to have a vicarious cultural experience here.  Dorit can stop speaking Italian anytime now.  

I thought it was really interesting how much Kyle and Dorit clammed up when Lisa came to them and told them she was wrong and she made peace with Denise.  They were sort of acting like Rinna switched the playbook on them.  Things that make you go hmm...

Erika’s 1960s mod look slayed.  The hair and makeup were gorgeous.  And she didn’t hold up the group with her glam.  Dorit, take note.  

As soon as Dorit said “Bucco de Peppo,” and “baby shower,” I said, gee, I wonder if that’s going to be the finale...guess it’s not though.  

Denise looked like an asshole to me lecturing the table.  If Aaron told her not to come, and it was the worst vacation of her life, she shouldn’t have come.  Last episode she confided in Garcelle that she tried to get a flight out but couldn’t.  So...what was stopping her from saying “Bravo, Bravo, Bravo,” getting a car and going on her own trip to the Amalfi Coast?  No one was holding her prisoner.  She chose to come to that dinner, have a tantrum, take her toys and almost go home.  

Denise’s reactions‘ timing are always off.  She doesn’t defend herself—or go on the offense—when she should, and when things are peaceful, she goes on the attack.  She’s guilty of everything she accuses the group of, and then she doesn’t let them get in a word edgewise.  I don’t get her.  I really think it’s time to exit stage left.  This isn’t the group for her.  Sort of like Leah on RHNYC.

”You can’t come in here and make a big speech like that and then not hear anyone else’s opinion.”  Preach, producer.  I wish they hadn’t kissed her ass when she came back though.  It’s like rewarding a toddler for crying.  They could have had a perfectly good time without her.  

Sex in a hospital, on a table, on a commercial flight...in Avignon...that’s fun, like the camping trip last year.  Why can’t we get more of that?  Although I felt uneasy after Denise’s return.  Like someone or something was going to snap if everything didn’t go swimmingly.  I fear for this franchise if something doesn’t change with Denise.  It’s too toxic.  Watching this, I feel way too much like a kid whose parents are fighting and I’m wondering if they’re going to get a divorce. ☹️

• Love 10

Dorit is diabolical,  She hates Teddi enough to use her baby shower to promote her Buca di Beppo room and get whatever pay she's negotiated for the in show advertising.

I'm starting to think this restaurant is a Bravo advertiser rather than a Dorit side deal just because of the rest of the casts' willingness to humor it.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Nah, I don't see it. Everyone keeps talking about how all of these ladies must be so jealous of Denise but I don't see why. She's got a crazy ex-husband and an asshole of a current husband. Sure, she wrangled a big pay day for Bravo, but other than that? There isn't much to be jealous of IMO. That being said, I do think Rinna has some unresolved anger towards Denise - maybe it's because of that pay day, maybe Rinna feels like Denise should have paid more dues or something, maybe it's because of something that happened two decades ago. But it's there and she should deal with it. 

I think Rinna is not jealous of Denise's personal life, but she is jealous of Denise's professional career as well as her rumored contract with RHOBH.  

I also do agree with you that there is some unresolved anger for some reason towards Denise, maybe because of her contract.  

• Love 24

As smart as these ladies are, why don’t they understand that it’s much more fun to talk about someone behind their back? It is. Behind their back is more relaxed. You can do it without pissing someone off, without seeing them react poorly, without them getting in your face, attacking you or seeking retribution.  Saying negative things to someone’s face is highly overrated.......lol.   (Kidding..sorta)

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
Just now, njbchlover said:

Not for nothing, but Rinna complaining about being "labeled" as mean girls last season?  Guess what, Rinna - fucking "own it" - YOU ALL WERE MEAN GIRLS!!!! 

This feels offensive to the Regina Georges of the world. Like, they don't deserve to have Rinna dragging them down. They're far better than that.

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Showing the producer wrangling Denise back to dinner was so strange.  I'm sure it happens all the time but I can't remember the last time I saw something like that air.

Honestly I kind of thought that its was a bit like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. for Denise.

They are mean girls.  The reason they played nice after Denise came back instead of continuing to fight is because they knew for that night that she got them.  They'll regroup when they get home.

So much for the claims that the show isn’t staged.  I thought it was supposed to be how they really are.  What a crock.  No one who detest a show as much as I do should watch it. Lol. The only reason I am watching this season is covid, but, it’s so bad, that even that reason can’t justify it.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

I like Teddi.  (I never really followed how she got blamed for everything in the LVP gang-up  last year.). She reminded me of Father Guido Sarducci (SNL)  in that hat, though!  

Not so crazy about her tonight, though.

Edited by Thumper
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I was literally thinking to myself, "what does that even mean?" 🤔

Hung over, broke, and morally bankrupt. I think she was only aiming for the first one but I think the third one might apply, too. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Thumper said:

leave too (Garcelle and Denise) around those women too.  They will.not.let.it.go.  Exhausting.

But that’s what I don’t get. They weren’t the ones who brought it up again at that last dinner. Denise did with her big speech. Garcelle was even dismayed when Denise started in. That was what began things all over again.

Fine if Denise wants to talk about it more, but then she turns around and plays the victim because the others won’t let it go. Lost me there. 

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Showing the producer wrangling Denise back to dinner was so strange.  I'm sure it happens all the time but I can't remember the last time I saw something like that air.

Extremely, extremely weird.  The housewives have to take orders like that?  Fuck that.  What if Denise said No?  

22 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Why does Teddi have such a problem with Denise taking some time to think about the beating she took from the women before she says how she feels? 

Maybe because Teddi is the stupidest person alive?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, whydoievencare said:

To summarize how these bitches are going after Denise at the dinner - it's akin to the question "When did you stop beating your wife?"    There will never be an answer that suits them that doesn't mean Denise is at fault (though I'm unsure what the actual transgression is).  Kyle, Rinna and Teddi are clearly in the camp that is choosing to back Brandi's stories.  And they are (Rinna especially) using the excuse that she isn't being honest and open and owning it. All the things Rinna is accusing Denise of, Rinna is the master of herself.  She's such a c***.

I think the issue is Kyle thinks she's HBIC and that Denise is supposed to worship at the alter of Kyle. Typical high school click crud.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

What they want from Denise is "Yes I cheated on my husband with Brandi. She's a sweet, naive girl, and I took advantage of her vulnerability. The negative things Brandi's said and infidelity rumors about your marriages throughout the years are all untrue. Brandi may say things for shock value, exaggerate and even lie about other people, but pertaining to me, Brandi couldn't possibly be a liar. I'm also a trash talker. You all never say an unkind word about anybody. You just speak your truth! I know all the confrontations and aggression at every party I attend is because you are all just truth seekers. After all, you're such honest, noble people. The multiple lawsuits must all be frivolous. The way you and your husbands all maintain your lifestyles must be through sheer hard work. The rumors about your marriages must have no merit. Let's not talk about your husbands or anything that hurts your lives. Because I married Charlie Sheen, my kids and their young friends don't deserve respect. No one should dare joke about your husband cheating around your kids, that's just wrong. I'm the only one who was married to Charlie Sheen, so feel free to talk as though my kids have heard it all, if they haven't already done it all. And because we can't talk about all the gossip pertaining to your marriages and livelihoods, because your families didn't sign up for this, I guess we must go after anything in my life because it's what I signed up for with Housewives. Aaron and our children just aren't as important as drama for the show or your marriages and children. I'm not sure exactly why, but I bet it makes perfect sense."

What they deserve from Denise is "Fuck off."

Omg. I wish Denise could have gotten this speech before the season wrapped up!

• LOL 4
  • Love 16
36 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So much for the claims that the show isn’t staged.  I thought it was supposed to be how they really are.  What a crock.  No one who detest a show as much as I do should watch it. Lol. The only reason I am watching this season is covid, but, it’s so bad, that even that reason can’t justify it.  

I know what you mean,  I can't recall the last time I watched a Bravo show without wondering if I was contributing to the downfall of humanity,  They are all so awful.  But there is so little else to watch.

• Love 18
17 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

But that’s what I don’t get. They weren’t the ones who brought it up again at that last dinner. Denise did with her big speech. Garcelle was even dismayed when Denise started in. That was what began things all over again.

Fine if Denise wants to talk about it more, but then she turns around and plays the victim because the others won’t let it go. Lost me there. 

That was weird.  I wonder if, as someone mentioned upthread, Denise is someone who doesn’t think well on her feet and needs time to plan her response/argument.  I know I’m like that if attacked!

• Love 22