Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: That's Not Amore

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

It really does look terrible on Sutton.  Looks more like Tinsley's style -- she could wear that awful dress and look good in it.

Sutton is really lucky she is not in New York because Dorinda would stick her finger in her face and cover her in spittle.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 8/12/2020 at 8:16 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Seriously. And it's so confusing because you'd think that someone who is so intent on controlling the narrative would be a way better liar at this point. Maybe she's just better at shutting things down in her real life, such that Denise never has to lie on the spot. 

I think you're on to something there.  When someone changes their story, people have a tendency to think there's something fishy.  Denise has changed details and taken inconsistent stands on issues raised this season. 

Despite her best efforts this episode to seem tough and standing up for herself, she seems easily rattled.   I can see needing time to think through responses to things that happened years ago, but as Judge Judy says, if you tell the truth you don't need a good memory.  So when it seems to her that she's going to need time to think of a good reply to some inconsistent thing presented to her for comment, it's been her M-O to just take a powder to put everyone off the scent.  As you mentioned, it might be how she handles those things IRL and probably works most of the time.

• Love 5
On 8/12/2020 at 8:43 PM, Rahul said:

It will. Karma is a bitch and she's coming for Rinna!

I really wish Denise had the conviction to walk away from these women and not return after producer intervention. The coven (minus Garcelle) is a highly toxic bunch.

You mean, break her contract?  She knows the consequences of that, which is why she went back into the restaurant.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

You mean, break her contract?  She knows the consequences of that, which is why she went back into the restaurant.

Denise actually stopped filming at the end of the season. Housewives often miss events or refuse to film with certain cast members.

She could have left on that dramatic note and would have been fine. That would let these bitches talk behind her back and plot like they are going to do next week.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Most people with eating disorders understand them very well. 

Yes, especially when going through intensive therapy at an eating disorder center.  You learn all the ways society feeds your eating disorder and keeps you sick. Bravo is actually a restricted channel where I was-- we could only watch certain channels that promoted positive body images and eating behaviors. In the hospital I learned that there are no bad foods. All food should be eaten and in moderation. Avoiding certain food groups (without medical clearance) was prohibited. I saw so many girls break down having to eat a small amount of fat on pork or chicken. I saw little kids hooked  up to feeding tubes because they wouldn't eat. One lady, she was in her 50s, left the clinic because her husband told her her face looked fuller. Everyone was forced to eat food that was previously avoided (unless medical clearance). There were people that couldn't put bread in their mouths without anxiety attacks, and people that left that day because they simply refused to eat "normal" food without their modifications. It was really very sad.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
Just now, The Ringo Kidd said:

You say that likes it’s a bad thing.

My point is, don’t say that and then claim you weren’t judging Rinna. That’s inauthentic. “Own it!” 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, ladle said:

I generally like Garcelle, but COME ON, when she mentioned Rinna’s semi-nude dancing she was *totally* judging her as a mother. Don’t get it twisted. 

I think Garcelle had a pretty woke response. Lisa Rinna put it  out there, there scantily clothed dancing, and I think Garcelle smartly thought about how that would affect her girls and called her on it. It's about time someone called out Rinna.

The only people that have called out Rinna for her eating (Kim and Kathryn) were met with strong reactions and denials.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think she wasn’t really judging. She was throwing shade.

Plus Garcelle owned it when she was called on it on Instagram.

Anything anyone does to Rinna is deserved. The dirtier and the lower the better.

Yes, it was shade to Rinna, because clearly Garcelle hates  her. But it was deserved, not just made up out of thin air. If Garcelle like Rinna, she'd keep it to herself. But she doesn't so she put it out there, and I think that's totally fair.

Rinna has thrown all her "friends" under for one reason or another, so someone doing the same to Rinna-- it's about time. 

I hope Kim comes back only because she knows how fucked up Rinna is and will put it out there when provoked. I DO NOT think that Brandi should be friends with anyone. She might be friends with Kim, but Kim is a drug addict, so she's easy to take advantage of. Plus, Kim likes anyone who likes her. When Kyle said that Brandi has been a true friend to Kim, I was floored. I do wish that Brandi's vitriol was focused on Rinna instead of Denise. Denise already is hated and judged for being with Sheen, and no one will hire her. She's in soap operas which shows her desperation and willingness to put her pride aside for work.

To go from movie star to soap operas is sad. I'm sure Denise's life is not easy and these ladies are making it harder for her, for really no reason except that she didn't want them to talk about adult stuff around her kids. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 9

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Denise is dealing with Complex PTSD. 

PTSD arises from a single traumatic event, Complex PTSD arises from repeated trauma. Relationships with a pattern of emotional, physical, sexual or financial abuse qualify as repeated trauma. 

The abusive behavior doesn't automatically end when the relationship ends if ongoing contact is required (with child custody and visitation being the most frequent example of that). 

Hostile confrontation from any source is known to trigger the fight or flight (or freeze) response in most of us, let alone those who are dealing with PTSD or CPTSD.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, ladle said:

I generally like Garcelle, but COME ON, when she mentioned Rinna’s semi-nude dancing she was *totally* judging her as a mother. Don’t get it twisted. 

Rinna is a horrible mother. The father is absent. Rinna spends all her time focused on her stupid body that no one finds attractive. She's flat out said that she wants the girls to model because they can't make money doing anything else and she won't support them.

She's the worst mother EVER. I think Rinna has told them she'd pay their rent to say nice things about her. 

• Love 14

On 8/14/2020 at 7:48 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

not the same as "sociopath," which is what serial killers and dictators are. 

...not just serial killers and dictators - people who never kill can be diagnosed as sociopaths - it's estimated that possibly 3-4 percent of Americans have ASP:

"When you think of a sociopath, you probably picture Christian Bale in American Psycho, or Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs. But like most mental health conditions, sociopathy—or antisocial personality disorder (ASP)—exists on a spectrum, and not all sociopath are serial killers. One study estimated that as many as 3.8% of Americans would meet the condition's diagnostic criteria. So odds are, you know someone who has ASP."

https://www.health.com/condition/antisocial-personality-disorder/sociopath-traits

Nine traits to be aware of in sociopaths:  Lack of empathy. Difficult relationships. Manipulative. Deceitfulness. Callousness,  Hostility. Irresponsibility. Impulsivity. Risky behavior.  Hmm.

Dear Doctor - my mom threatened a co-worker & smashed a glass near her face; sent a pill-covered birthday cupcake gif to a woman who lost her brother to suicide; used her elderly mother to make a "Goodbye Kyle" attack video; mocked Catholics for wearing ashes on Ash Wednesday; posted that her critics are "fat women, with 50 cats, no teeth and couldn't find their vagina if they tried";  dressed up as Sid Vicious' murder victim; drove my Dad (a dude with a few issues of his own) into the wilds of Canada; and lastly, forced me to be on her reality tv show.  So I'm just wondering if any of this history shows a lack of empathy? Falls under "difficult relationships"?  Impulsivity? Evidence of manipulative, callous, hostile, irresponsible and risky behavior?  Sign me, Anonymous Amelia!

amelia housewives.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

She's the worst mother EVER. I think Rinna has told them she'd pay their rent to say nice things about her. 

Actually Erika is the worst mother ever since she abandoned her child to give blow jobs in a strip club. 

But Rinna is a solid second place.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Rinna is a horrible mother. The father is absent. Rinna spends all her time focused on her stupid body that no one finds attractive. She's flat out said that she wants the girls to model because they can't make money doing anything else and she won't support them.

Ok, but my point was that Garcelle claimed not to be judging Rinna’s mothering when she totally was. There was no reason for Garcelle to make that comment OTHER than as a dig against Rinna’s mothering. She was disingenuous about that. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Actually Erika is the worst mother ever since she abandoned her child to give blow jobs in a strip club. 

But Rinna is a solid second place.

Well, Erika is providing for her child now, where Lisa Rinna is telling  her adult children who have anxiety disorders and body issues that they have to model to support themselves and she won't pay for their lifestlyes.

Ericka at least doesn't care that her son isn't hgh earing and will support him. Her son seems like he is fine. He has a job and a family. It will be interesting to see if Rinna's kids ever get married and have kids, or just have a  happy independent life. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think she wasn’t really judging. She was throwing shade.

Plus Garcelle owned it when she was called on it on Instagram.

Anything anyone does to Rinna is deserved. The dirtier and the lower the better.

Oh okay, I don’t follow them on social media. I was referring to what happened in that particular moment, in which Garcelle took a pretty deep cut at Rinna and then pretended it wasn’t one. I’m certainly not saying I like Rinna or that she’s Carol Brady. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/12/2020 at 11:11 PM, Pop Tart said:

If she hadn’t restarted things I doubt any of them would have brought it up.

Oh they absolutely would have brought it up.

What else, besides "where was the craziest place they had sex" could they have possibly talked about? I mean what else would there have possibly been to keep us all interested, (besides the BS with Denise) for them to provide this season with a story? Teddi's baby shower? How fabulous and scintillating that would have been! A baby shower would surely have carried the drama this season without Brandi/Teddi/Kyle/Rinna bringing the contrived Denise story. How we could have gone on and on about the gender reveal! Pink or Blue!? Who brought the cheapest, most cringe worthy gift? How much weight did Teddi gain during her pregnancy? How did she stay so fit? She must have been All IN!

How dare Denise steal the spotlight from the Teddi/Baby story!!! What a letdown.🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 8/13/2020 at 12:06 AM, Lady of nod said:

Rhinna and Kyle are the queens of deflecting. Anything to avoid talking about their own family messes. Thet are both horrible people. Teddy is just plain fucking boring and annoying and so happy to be Vile Kyle' backup. and Erika IS cold as ice, why are they debating that? 

This sums up this entire season. 

fin.jpg

• Love 6
On 8/13/2020 at 2:42 AM, ivygirl said:

Not a big fan of Erika but I do appreciate her eating habits. I love a fancy dinner but I also appreciate the Kids Meal on occasion. 🤣

Also not a fan of Erika, but the pumpkin pie for breakfast was one moment of "Oh Ya" for me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I think you're on to something there.  When someone changes their story, people have a tendency to think there's something fishy.  Denise has changed details and taken inconsistent stands on issues raised this season. 

Despite her best efforts this episode to seem tough and standing up for herself, she seems easily rattled.   I can see needing time to think through responses to things that happened years ago, but as Judge Judy says, if you tell the truth you don't need a good memory.  So when it seems to her that she's going to need time to think of a good reply to some inconsistent thing presented to her for comment, it's been her M-O to just take a powder to put everyone off the scent.  As you mentioned, it might be how she handles those things IRL and probably works most of the time.

"If it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true..."

Yeah, that's part of what I love about reality shows - they kind of throw the wrench into people's usual MOs. Like, I am sure LVP never gets called out for her machinations in real life because she's simply able to turn her back on anyone who no longer kisses the royal ring. Or even someone like Erika Jayne has to be willing to continue hanging out with people whom she would normally stay away from. Suddenly these alphas with finely-honed ways of not getting called out on their shit have to face the pied piper of their cast-mates. It's fascinating to see how some of them self-destruct.

• Love 7
On 8/13/2020 at 8:24 AM, psychoticstate said:

OF COURSE next week Brandi is back and OF COURSE it will be so the assholes can get more "clarity" on the situation with Denise.  Honestly, this is why Kyle is "too busy" to work on Teddi's baby shower or anything else.  It's not because she's so busy filming movies or tv, it's not because she's so busy with her husband, it's because she's poking around in other people's business.  

OF COURSE Brandi is invited to Teddi's baby shower.  Not to celebrate Teddi or her baby. Just to stir up shit about Denise. 

How sickening to use a baby shower to bring up this bad shit. I hope that Teddi forever regrets using what should have been a celebration of her new baby for such a horrible storyline. She just tainted Dove's beginnings with Brandi's shitstorm. 

Bravo Teddi.

• Love 16

I would appreciate some input on this. I’m not sure if I got it straight. So, Lisa R. was talking about something she helped her daughter with and then she says how she told her daughter, See there. You got 500,000 Likes........So, why is external approval to be so important? Considering the issues her girls have had, wouldn’t it be prudent to focus on self care, self-image, positivity from within?  Praising how others view you can be risky. Sometimes saying the right thing might not be popular.  It just seemed odd she was focusing on what others think and not on how her daughter feels. Good looks don’t bring happiness. I’m not sure why that is so difficult for LR to accept.  If I misunderstood her comment, please chime in.  I wasn’t as focused as I normally am during this part. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I really didn't get the sense that she was changing her story but I did get the feeling she wasn't telling the whole story.  I suspect that Denise made the big mistake of getting friendly with Brandi, talking about her feelings and then realizing it was a big mistake.  If she backed out of taping Blonde and Blonder that suggests this is the case.  (This gave vindictive Kim a motive to participate  in revenge which had to do with making money Kim and Brandi really need.)  However, the fact that Denise denied the gossip and denied the hook up is enough for me.  The whole thing is so petty.  What happened between Brandi and Denise when they were alone is of no relevance and can never be sorted.  She doesn't tweet, broadcast or blog the insults so it doesn't matter.  The cross examining on how well do you know her,  on what day did you talk all becomes an interrogation with the intention of tripping her up to prove she is a liar and therefore lies about everything.  It's exhausting and boring to watch.  

I think it all started out as an attempt to show how Denise had no right to take the moral high ground on parenting and that this was payback for daring to criticize the other women at the birthday party which was a slight they could not recover from. These ladies like to get revenge and this is what they did. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Hate Teddy, LOVE the name Dove for a girl! So pretty and sweet, and I usually don’t care for the trendy celeb baby names....

If Ramona was one of the BH housewives she would surely mispronounce it with a hard "O".  Like instead of Teddi going ALLIN, she just DOVE IN. 

• LOL 7
4 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

The cross examining on how well do you know her,  on what day did you talk all becomes an interrogation with the intention of tripping her up to prove she is a liar and therefore lies about everything.  It's exhausting and boring to watch...

The only thing missing during these dinners is replacing the chandeliers with a 1000 watt lightbulb hanging over Denise.

They could also have replaced Erika with a propped up life sized cardboard cutout.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, ladle said:

Why on earth isn't Sutton a Housewife??

I read somewhere that Sutton was supposed to be one, but her ex-husband wouldn't sign the release to have their kids appear on camera.  So, her scenes at home were all scrapped. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

OF COURSE Brandi is invited to Teddi's baby shower.  Not to celebrate Teddi or her baby. Just to stir up shit about Denise. 

How sickening to use a baby shower to bring up this bad shit. I hope that Teddi forever regrets using what should have been a celebration of her new baby for such a horrible storyline. She just tainted Dove's beginnings with Brandi's shitstorm. 

Bravo Teddi.

I doubt this is what Teddi would consider a real shower, with real friends and family. Just like all the birthday parties, the Bravo version is a staged event that doesn’t count as the real thing.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

What else, besides "where was the craziest place they had sex" could they have possibly talked about? I mean what else would there have possibly been to keep us all interested, (besides the BS with Denise) for them to provide this season with a story? Teddi's baby shower?

I don’t disagree that this has been a nothing of a season, but in fairness, this has been a nothing of a show for me since the beginning.  It never delivered for me the way that RHNYC and RHOC did, even though this one came later, and was supposed to be the biggest, baddest thing ever, because not one, but two (!) of Paris Hilton’s aunts were cast and the women were holding diamonds in their opening!  Diamonds!

FF8FB53A-54E7-4B42-9140-A6869AFC93EF.gif.026a6e2025a6f978c1f3673661640add.gif

I just rewatched season one, and now I’m re-watching season two, and the first season was chock full of nothing—there was an entire episode devoted to Kim and Kyle food shopping for Easter and then bickering about whether Kim’s daughter should be able to go to Houston.  An.  Entire.  Episode.  I know season two is going to pick up, but I just finished watching an episode that was devoted to Lisa not being invited to Taylor’s lunch and a protracted debate amongst all the ladies as to whether Lisa told Taylor she wasn’t her “friend” or if she told her she wasn’t her “best friend.”  I don’t find this season more boring than that.  

My personal favorite season was five.  I’ve found most of the rest of it boring and a disappointment.  Maybe that’s why this season and last season don’t faze me.  It’s not a letdown for me, because I never thought this show was all that to begin with.  OC is my favorite franchise.  This is one of my least favorites, except it’s better than Atlanta.  Everything is better than Atlanta though—even my blank TV screen is less repetitious, fake, belligerent and stupid.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I read somewhere that Sutton was supposed to be one, but her ex-husband wouldn't sign the release to have their kids appear on camera.  So, her scenes at home were all scrapped. 

Fascinating! But also, confusing! If other HWs have filmed without their kids (Adrienne, Sonja, Bethenny), why not Sutton? There are loads of things they could film her doing that don’t involve her kids. And why wait until *after* filming to ask the ex to sign the release. Very odd... 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I don’t disagree that this has been a nothing of a season, but in fairness, this has been a nothing of a show for me since the beginning.  It never delivered for me the way that RHNYC and RHOC did, even though this one came later, and was supposed to be the biggest, baddest thing ever, because not one, but two (!) of Paris Hilton’s aunts were cast and the women were holding diamonds in their opening!  Diamonds!

FF8FB53A-54E7-4B42-9140-A6869AFC93EF.gif.026a6e2025a6f978c1f3673661640add.gif

I just rewatched season one, and now I’m re-watching season two, and the first season was chock full of nothing—there was an entire episode devoted to Kim and Kyle food shopping for Easter and then bickering about whether Kim’s daughter should be able to go to Houston.  An.  Entire.  Episode.  I know season two is going to pick up, but I just finished watching an episode that was devoted to Lisa not being invited to Taylor’s lunch and a protracted debate amongst all the ladies as to whether Lisa told Taylor she wasn’t her “friend” or if she told her she wasn’t her “best friend.”  I don’t find this season more boring than that.  

My personal favorite season was five.  I’ve found most of the rest of it boring and a disappointment.  Maybe that’s why this season and last season don’t faze me.  It’s not a letdown for me, because I never thought this show was all that to begin with.  OC is my favorite franchise.  This is one of my least favorites, except it’s better than Atlanta.  Everything is better than Atlanta though—even my blank TV screen is less repetitious, fake, belligerent and stupid.  

I mean, this show has had its moments. Taylor’s delusions of grandeur, the Dinner Party from Hell, “You stole my house!”, “You don’t know what I go through at night!” Etc. I agree, though, it’s never been must-watch TV for me the way that RHONY has been. But I do feel that it’s a different strain of boring now. Now it’s all dull and repetitive fights about nothing. I loathe Kim but I would much rather watch her mix chicken salad with her bare hands than listen to Teddy surgically parse someone’s words for the 800th time while looking constipated. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, ladle said:

Fascinating! But also, confusing! If other HWs have filmed without their kids (Adrienne, Sonja, Bethenny), why not Sutton? There are loads of things they could film her doing that don’t involve her kids. And why wait until *after* filming to ask the ex to sign the release. Very odd... 

I read an interview with Sutton where she said that she was not offered the chance to be a FT howife because her kids could not be filmed. She never said that they had been filmed and then the footage was scrapped. I thought at the time that she was just making an excuse as to why she was not asked to be a FT HW, and I still think that. No one cares about your kids Sutton, or anyone else's for that matter. Kids are the last reason I watch the show. If she was considered interesting enough, she would have been asked. OTOH, I don't know why Garcelle is a FT HW as she adds little to the show. I would not care if either did not return next year. 

• Love 1
On 8/13/2020 at 4:09 PM, Marley said:

Of course Rinna does not complain about her marriage she likes to pretend its perfect. I’d love for someone to talk about her shit. Her husband basically lives in another country lol.

Hell Harry lives in another country even when he's in the house with her. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Regarding the friendship between Denise and Lisa..I think Denise is using the old saying "keep you friends close, your enemies closer" (as would I) Lisa has proven herself as a major manipulater since day 1!

Edited by Saltgypsie
spelling
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

People change. Maybe Rinna was a nice person at one time? 

It is very possible.  I tend to think being a housewife has brought out all of Lisa's worst tendencies.  She has demonstrated that she is willing to do just about anything to keep her diamond and the paychecks coming in.  The producers probably love her over her willingness to get down into the mud to create drama for the show, and her social media tirades to keep drumming up viewers.  She has become the worst version of herself all in the name of fame.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It is very possible.  I tend to think being a housewife has brought out all of Lisa's worst tendencies.  She has demonstrated that she is willing to do just about anything to keep her diamond and the paychecks coming in.  The producers probably love her over her willingness to get down into the mud to create drama for the show, and her social media tirades to keep drumming up viewers.  She has become the worst version of herself all in the name of fame.  

Agree. I’m sure I liked her at first; now I can barely look at her.

And also, your avi is still bringing me great joy! 😊

• Love 5

I think Rinna realized that Garcelle will go deep and that the reason Garcelle went "there" was because of Rinna's bullying of Denise. I think it was easier for Rinna to apologize to Denise than talk about how flaunting her body effects her kids.

If Rinna thinks that her daughters aren't affected by her body issues and need to show off her body, she's in denial or selfish or both.

• Love 18