Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Dayton was cut just because they were hell-bent on taking VK (and would have had she not gained 10+ pounds in just a few weeks) and they wanted to make it look like they didn't play favorites (i.e., "yes, we took Kelli's best friend's daughter (whose technique is laughable) but we cut Shelley's gorgeous, talented daughter, so obviously we're super fair!" 

I absolutely believe this. After Dayton was let go from TC there were a few posts about her having memory issues. Except we've seen TPTB take other girls with serious memory problems. Dayton got screwed but she's much, much better off than living in the toxic dump DCC has become. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Literally all the vet cuts have been from this group.  VK is the 😈   lol

image0 (5).jpeg

and/or Tess is a really shitty group leader who should go herself if she can't keep her vets where they're supposed to be dance wise

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Would be a damn shame to lose a beautiful, talented candidate like because she has a pre-existing relationship with a player.  Disclose, stay discreet, MIND YOUR BUSINESS.  They've got to adjust those stupid contracts.

As for Dayton vs. VK...I think she's lovely, but she wasn't exactly a perfect candidate that got dropped.  Soft in the DCC style IMO, and not a strong memory for dances.  (And that's on top of a speeding ticket/tardiness on makeover day, tough interview the year before, more reserved personality, etc.)  She could have made an Erin style comeback, but didn't want to put herself through that again.  Plus, got the cruise ship dance job.  IMO, she got treated like anyone else that wasn't one of Kelli's pets, which is a bummer because she had plenty of reasons to be on the highly favored playlist.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

I get what she's saying, and I don't blame her, but I don't understand this reasoning. It's TPTB who facilitate this show. Were it not for them, there wouldn't be a show.  My heart ached for Dayton, who was put up against Seabiscuit for compare and contrast (as was Meredith) and was a casualty of Kelli and Tina.

I feel like the show is but a symptom of the culture in that organization.

I agree but from what I gathered, I think she simply hated the being on TV part.  She wasn't talking about Kelly /Judy or the organization, since she said she'd try out again. I think the cameras in the studio was just too much pressure on her.. I don't blame her. I wouldn't want to be on reality TV lol  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cheeseslices said:

PERFECT description of her!

1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes!  Have any of you seen "Drop Dead Gorgeous"? Kirstie Alley's character reminds me a lot of TK ("Get up, baby -- we have to go to state!!!!").

😄 I see her more as the mom from Mean Girls, hanging out in the audience with the video camera twerking like she's still 20yo.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
Just now, MeeMee2 said:

I agree but from what I gathered, I think she simply hated the being on TV part.  She wasn't talking about Kelly /Judy or the organization, since she said she'd try out again. I think the cameras in the studio was just too much pressure on her.. I don't blame her. I wouldn't want to be on reality TV lol  

Well, fuck. I'm exhausted from this forum!! I can't imagine actually living my life on a reality show. Reality show producers are sheer evil. They really are awful.

• Love 10

I haven’t been on this page in a few days and i decided to log on during my lunch hour and catch up and I started on page 16 and my god the emotions I have experienced 🤦🏾‍♀️.

Hannah, girl, in my eyes on this team, you were one of the top two dancers and not number two. Unless you voluntary left the team (which we know you didn’t) or murdered one Kelli or Judys pets there should’ve been no reason for you to have been cut.

The leadership on this team is despicable and they should be ashamed that they are crushing dreams left and right and dragging the reputation of this team down straight to hell. 

• Love 24

Just a thought but I wonder if they thought they could keep Kat cause the 'public' didnt know about her extracurricular activities? But now it's out and all over socials they may be forced to do something as its damaging their reputation.

Possibly the same with Sydney if its true? And it wont be hard to figure out who she was supposibly canoodling with, since they said special teams and transfer from Atlanta

• Love 7

So from what I’m understanding... 

Victoria is the reason Lily, Brennan, Hannah & maybe Meredith got cut???? 

but Kat & Sydney are both sleeping with players even tho that’s the reason Holly got cut a few years ago?! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Jesiklyn said:

Just a thought but I wonder if they thought they could keep Kat cause the 'public' didnt know about her extracurricular activities? But now it's out and all over socials they may be forced to do something as its damaging their reputation.

Possibly the same with Sydney if its true? And it wont be hard to figure out who she was supposibly canoodling with, since they said special teams and transfer from Atlanta

Remember when we lived in a time when public outcry would spark change in a positive direction when people and businesses acted amorally? Yeah, we're not there anymore. It's in our societal fabric now that those with means can do as they please and shrug their shoulders and smirk when they're caught being anything from hypocritical to criminal, and those with no means simply get canceled. What a time to be alive!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

It's time for Kelii and Judy to retire and bring in KaShara as director and Jennifer Colvin or Michelle Keyes as choreographer!

I wonder what KaShara's take on this is??? Never thought I'd hear THAT coming outta my mouth.

• LOL 11
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

To the ladies....

Meredith - I hope you had a fantastic year with the DCC, made some great memories, and some even greater friends.  You have many fans who will eagerly await your next opportunity to shine.

Lily - You should be very proud of what you accomplished. I remember all the smiles when you walked out onto that field and the other gals realized you had made the team. They and we were so happy for you. Good luck to you in whatever you may do in the future.

Hannah - What a stunning dancer you are. Better still, what an intelligent young woman! Get that graduate degree and take on the world. You will always light up any room you enter. I will miss seeing you perform on the field.

Brennan - You are a credit to your parents and an excellent role model for every young person. You have shown all of us that persistence pays off and that with a positive attitude and great work ethic, you can achieve your dreams. I have enjoyed (along with so many of us here) watching your journey. You are pure class.  

Bridget - Everyone should be as lucky as to have a friend like you!

Remember, you all have accomplished what very few obtain. Years from now, your team photos will be on display for your own kids and grand kids to see. You were a DCC, and they can never take that or the good memories you made away from you!

Just perfectly stated...

• Love 6

I've been thinking about the Hannah cut. It sounds like the vets participated in media day this year, which is normally just a TCC thing. Since Hannah has been a little more outspoken on her social media about everything that's going on in the world, I wonder if they hit her with some hard questions and they didn't like her answers. Not that her answers were bad, but that TPTB didn't agree. Like others have mentioned, they like their cheerleaders to give pageant-like (boring ass) responses.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
Just now, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Goodness....I've missed a lot.  Someone please PM me with the names of the cut vets so I don't have to dig through 2-3 pages of forum.  Thanks.

Hannah, Brennan, Meredith and Lily

2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes!  Have any of you seen "Drop Dead Gorgeous"? Kirstie Alley's character reminds me a lot of TK ("Get up, baby -- we have to go to state!!!!").

Oh. My. Gawd. You nailed it. That’s always been one of my favorite movies. Now I have to rewatch, imagining VK in the Denise Richards role (and in her musical number)! 
Back on topic — Bridget’s DCC Twitter account is gone, but I admire her parting shot. Would love to see others be as courageous. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

I wonder what KaShara's take on this is??? Never thought I'd hear THAT coming outta my mouth.

Considering she now works for the DCC and plans to stay in Texas - probably whatever Kelli and Judy's take is, that will be hers as well

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I thought Bridget RETIRED.  Did she get cut?

She retired.  But her DCC twitter handle was removed today along with the cut vets.  She also shared her opinion on the removal of the cut vets via twitter before her twitter was removed.

• Love 7

Don't think routines were as hard as they are now, just like you need to be a real trained dancer nowadays to get into TC

That is not true - how do you explain VK? There is a difference between taking dance lessons and being a trained dancer. Taking dance lessons is being in a studio, learning choreo, maybe compete your combination or do a recital.  Being a "trained dancer" is ballet day one. Learning the basics, strengthening your core.  Ballet dancers don't compete - well maybe YAGP, learn variations. lol a trained dancer would never fall out of a simple turn.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

All of the cut and retired vets twitters are now gone

Kitkatkitty is right.  I thought Hannah's Twitter account was suspended, but it must be a different Hannah.  The one who was cut was @DCC_HannahA

image.png

Edited by PSM66
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Itswhatisaid said:

I just want to know who seabiscuit is lol I’m so lost 

I think seabiscuit is related to the bull in china. 🤣

(inside joke for those who know)

Edited by go4luca
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

It's time for Kelii and Judy to retire and bring in KaShara as director and Jennifer Colvin or Michelle Keyes as choreographer!

I would love that duo! Kashara’s podcasts have been the most enjoyable ones DCC has ever produced. Her conversations just flow naturally. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

GEEEEZ....do we know WHY?  Please PM me so we don't clog the board.  Brennan, Meredith and Lily I can kinda see but HANNAH?

Seems this team is cutting a lot of decent girls just to bring in new faces who are already giving the team name a bad wrap. Contracts are put in place for a reason. Fraternizing with players is just disgusting when there are girls who want to be a part of the organization for the right reasons.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

Sorry for the duplicate post - I posted this before.  Anyway - VK/Tina first appeared together, I actually went back and watched the movie to make sure Tina isn't the old beauty queen hawking pork products.  The resemblance.

TBH, the only dance VK has down pat is the #neighneigh

• LOL 16
20 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

I've been thinking about the Hannah cut. It sounds like the vets participated in media day this year, which is normally just a TCC thing. Since Hannah has been a little more outspoken on her social media about everything that's going on in the world, I wonder if they hit her with some hard questions and they didn't like her answers. Not that her answers were bad, but that TPTB didn't agree. Like others have mentioned, they like their cheerleaders to give pageant-like (boring ass) responses.

This! I have loved that retired vets like Bridget and Miranda have been a lot more vocal about social justice. I admired Hannah for talking about mental health continuously not just when it’s time for “my boots, my cause.” I could definitely see that playing a role though in her cut. How do you go from being on SG and being technically one of the best DCC to being cut? I don’t know why I’m so invested in this.

• Love 18
Just now, faxtar221 said:

Who are the rookies who made it? I'm dying!!

We don't know yet.  But based on a previous post on this page it looks like Marissa made it.  We don't know of any others.  We do not know group leaders or point is yet either.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TB12 said:

Note to self: do not look to see who people follow on twitter... I went to see who Judy follows to see if Hannah's account was still active & wowza, some of the people she follows but I digress...

I agree I do not think Maddie has the look for point, she is cute but not sassy and special. But there again, seniority rules when it works for Kelli...

Seniority does not always apply. Not when Kashara got point over Jinelle or Lacey. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, TwopLurker said:

If Hannah said, "arrest the cops that killed Breonna Taylor," on media day it would make 13 seasons of this show worth it. 

YYYYAAASSSSS!!!! I don't know though, Kelli posted this ridiculous flowery diatribe about how she's "listening" and bla bla bla and Judy posted the black square on Insta.

I don't know if they'd cut Hannah for being woke on her SM as others have stated she was (I don't twitter so I don't know). In previous days, yes, but now that the NFL is recognizing that black and brown people are their bread and butter, it's "Let's call Nike!" and "Black lives matter!". Eyeroll. Yes, I'm cynical about their sudden interest in a certain demographic who has been making them money for like, a century.

• Love 20
12 minutes ago, TwopLurker said:

If Hannah said, "arrest the cops that killed Breonna Taylor," on media day it would make 13 seasons of this show worth it. 

I wish it were possible to like this post more than just once!

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

To the ladies....

Meredith - I hope you had a fantastic year with the DCC, made some great memories, and some even greater friends.  You have many fans who will eagerly await your next opportunity to shine.

Lily - You should be very proud of what you accomplished. I remember all the smiles when you walked out onto that field and the other gals realized you had made the team. They and we were so happy for you. Good luck to you in whatever you may do in the future.

Hannah - What a stunning dancer you are. Better still, what an intelligent young woman! Get that graduate degree and take on the world. You will always light up any room you enter. I will miss seeing you perform on the field.

Brennan - You are a credit to your parents and an excellent role model for every young person. You have shown all of us that persistence pays off and that with a positive attitude and great work ethic, you can achieve your dreams. I have enjoyed (along with so many of us here) watching your journey. You are pure class.  

Bridget - Everyone should be as lucky as to have a friend like you!

Remember, you all have accomplished what very few obtain. Years from now, your team photos will be on display for your own kids and grand kids to see. You were a DCC, and they can never take that or the good memories you made away from you!

Well, damn, you made me cry with this.  I second all of it!

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, loveaux said:

And it’s been time for the 3 blind mice to go. I’ve lost whatever little respect I had left for K&J at this point.it.

THIS👏RIGHT👏HERE👏!! So spot on!

• Love 17

Dearest Hannah, what an amazing dancer you are. Thank you so much for speaking out on mental health, you're such an example for young people. All the best in obtaining your master's.

Lily, I'm so glad you graced our screens for two years. Your humor, spirit and spunk stood out in a sea of mousy yes ma'am. Keep on shining!

Meredith, I'm so sorry that they couldn't handle your magic. You're an amazing talented dancer, and I'm so sure you will shine brighter than ever.

And Brennan, you're one of my favorite DCC ever. It's your example that kept me going when I lost my job. Your grace under pressure, openness and fierce determination are downright inspiring.

All the best to all of you!

• Love 22