Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, javajunkiee said:

Tells you something about Tess's leadership abilities ( or lack thereof). 

I hadn't thought of that....But honestly, what was she supposed to do? People who go up against Vic get cut. Genuinely asking if have a take on this, not asking for receipts. 

• Love 10

I have loved reading this forum/getting the behind the scenes scoop and have been coming here for the past two seasons for spoilers before the show airs! However, I am so beyond tired of all of the negativity that is directed at certain members based on hearsay. I have been especially discouraged by all of the negative comments made in regards to Lisa. Having known Lisa personally for several years now (we used to be co-workers), I can say that all of the comments on here about her being a "mean girl" and someone who likes to stir up drama are beyond untrue. She may not have the stereotypical "bubbly girl" attitude that a lot of the girls on the team have/has a more serious demeanor (or "RBF" has several people on here have said), but she is seriously one of the most mature, genuine, and kind people that I have ever worked with (and she is an incredible dancer as well/is well deserving of her spot on the team). I know I'm most likely going to get a lot of "hate" for this post and people disagreeing with everything that I have said, but again, I would hope that people discontinue make judgments about the girls without knowing them personally (including Lisa, Kat, Victoria, etc.).  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I'm still in shock and disbelief over Hannah being cut (if it is actually true, which I'm unfortunately starting to think it is). As someone stated previously, the only negative I could see related to Hannah is some of her IG posts that could be seen as possibly political. I don't want to believe this! Her dancing was fierce. I wish her the best. 

For Brennan, I am sorry and feel so bad for her. She seems to have been such a calming and mature presence on the team. She is such a classy woman and will be dearly missed. I saw on Brianna's post that it looked like she was having morning coffee with Brennan. At least it appears that she had a lifelong friend in Brianna. 

Regarding Lily and Meredith, I do feel very bad for them. It is devastating to have your dream torn away from you. I hope they both go on to bigger and better things. They are obviously both very strong women and I wish them the best. 

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, StarWarner said:

That is what I'm hoping, too. I really want to believe she was treated badly or just thrown to the side when she's brought so much to the team.

The more I read, the more I think they did cut Brennan and it's downright despicable. If it was for her health or a stamina issue, why not discuss that with her before TC? It makes me so sad and angry.

I don't see ratings going up because of these cuts. And, in a way, I hope they drop because of this. I'm no longer looking forward to the show and don't think I will be watching anymore. 

The more I think about the Brennan cut, the angrier I get.  Brooke Sorenson kept her spot on the roster when she injured herself during training camp.  Same with Cassie.  If Brennan's cut is COVID related, it seems like they could have kept her given the other intangibles she brings to the team.  And certainly she would be at 100% by next season.  The only way I will give TPTB a pass is if Brennan is still COVID positive and posed a health threat to the team.

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I try to keep in mind TPTB know more than I do about DCC.  But, I can't help but think how they worked with Brooke S. when she had to have knee surgery.  If Brennan was indeed ill I wonder why they couldn't have worked with her.  It's not like they are going out on a tour or something.

Don't think routines were as hard as they are now, just like you need to be a real trained dancer nowadays to get into TC

3 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Their cuts had nothing to do with Victoria. They wanted storylines and they made it using those 3. Don’t be surprised if you see most vets leave after this year. 

Every year people say "Don't be surprised if most vets keave after this year" and yet it never happens so I expect a reasonable amount of people to retire next year

• Love 11
1 hour ago, klopie said:

Very possible! I just find it unlikely to be a coincidence that all 4 vet cuts came from the same group that the toxicity problem was in.

It's wild that Charlotte no longer cares about the reputation of the squad. It's consistently been going down hill but this just shows how much she doesn't care if Kelli dismantles the organization.

Does this reflect bad on Tess then? She was the GL of Group 4. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, DutchDccFan2.0 said:

Don't think routines were as hard as they are now, just like you need to be a real trained dancer nowadays to get into TC

Every year people say "Don't be surprised if most vets keave after this year" and yet it never happens so I expect a reasonable amount of people to retire next year

By my count, there are 18 left who will be 3+ years (including this season), so I would expect a large number to retire at the end of the year

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Their cuts had nothing to do with Victoria. They wanted storylines and they made it using those 3. Don’t be surprised if you see most vets leave after this year. 

I just cannot see what story line they could possibly pull out of their asses about Hannah!

• Love 15
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

The girls were blindsided and all for ratings.  I don't know how these people sleep at night.

First and Foremost, DCC is now all about the show and not the ladies. They are just characters for TPTB.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I just cannot see what story line they could possibly pull out of their asses about Hannah!

This. Her dancing is top-notch. She’s a fan favorite and an impeccable ambassador. Her body is ideal, shorts be damned. She seems to be one of the most genuine, good-hearted people the team has had. Whatever story they concoct is going to be libelous tripe, and I’m not here to support it. 

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

First and Foremost, DCC is now all about the show and not the ladies. They are just characters for TPTB.

It's always been that way.  How did Shelly put it - it's a drama-lity - drama/reality.  Or else it would be a documentary.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

But Hannah, what the hell did she do? She always seemed so solid and such a potential star. It makes me wonder if something else was going on that we dont know about?

If I recall, wasn’t she one of Kat’s roommates🤔

Edited by JC2468
Edit
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Tarode said:

Also, don't forget that Bridget moved in with Brennan when she and her fiance broke up. I'm sure there is a strong bond there. 

I definitely now think that Bridget's outrage was over the way Brennan must have been treated. From what I have seen/heard of her, I'm sure she is absolutely heartbroken. It's like kicking a puppy (NOT implying Brennan is a dog!).

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, topicanti said:

This. Her dancing is top-notch. She’s a fan favorite and an impeccable ambassador. Her body is ideal, shorts be damned. She seems to be one of the most genuine, good-hearted people the team has had. Whatever story they concoct is going to be libelous tripe, and I’m not here to support it. 

She is also a classy sort of sexy. She reminds me of the starlets from the 50s. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, topicanti said:

I’m out, too. I can name many, many vets before Hannah that should have been cut for a dance, weight, or ambassador-related reason. There’s simply no excuse. If they sacrificed Hannah for drama or because of something another vet did/wanted, which is the only logical explanation in my mind, then they can kiss my viewership goodbye. 

Same...I'll follow along here with the forum but I will not devote one more minute to the show.  I hope it completely tanks and every single vet with the exception of the two we know who would never leave...gives them a good EFF YOU and walks. 

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

Can anyone link to Bridget's post that's being referred to? I can't find anything. Thanks.

It is a few pages back on this thread

I refuse to believe in all the conspiracy theories.  We should look at what we actually know from last year.

Meredith-barely made the team.  There are reports of her messing up at games and her cut seemed to come after solos.  She is beautiful and well trained but was never the best in DCC pom.  If we had a normal training camp, my guess is she would not have made it to camp.  Her body looks boxy in the uniform.

Lily- cut the last night her first time in camp, barely made it last year and has a hard time with frozen facials.  So she may be very well liked but easily could have been out danced.

Brennan- cut from 2 training camps and then finally made the team.  Last year her name came up as a potential vet cut during training camp and we all worried about that.  Well loved and respected and a great friend.  No doubt Bridget was referring to her but Bridget also was crying over the thought Lily and Meredith could have been cut.  Brennan has always struggled with facials and the performance aspect.  If she was still weak from whatever illness she had, that would show up in dance.  If we take our personal feelings out of this and wait and see, who knows.  I feel bad for her but happy she had 2 years.

Hannah- ok I am struggling on this and hope something makes sense.  Do I think her very political posts could have hurt her? Yep. Or Covid weight gain in the rear.  Hannah very fierce dancer but was not one of the top 16 vets last year.

As far as the group 4 theory, I never got why they gave Tess Lily, Kat, and Meredith.  Tess got the 3 weakest rookies all in one group.  They should have been spread out unless Judy thought it would be between those three every game on who sits out.

Just hope they keep the ladies phone numbers cause I see Kat's situation blowing up in a big way.  If the rumors are true and said player has a girlfriend, this could be a big KAT fight coming up.  I do look at this like the Tara situation.  I hated to see Tara cut but when I saw the show I understood.  

And it is humor nature to be upset when your friends get cut and not be able to see their flaws.  The years when 5 or so vets did not make it to camp, once I watched the show I got it.

• Useful 5
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, DutchDccFan2.0 said:

As far I am concerned, I don't see anything why Victoria deserves to be so hated. It is not her fault people get cut, it is not her fault people lose spots on SG

You were not on this board during her 1st year of trying out.   Lots of reports of toxicity in the locker room And some shown on the actual show.  It truly was not graceful behavior. 
I know someone who recovered from COVID and went for a bike ride and couldn’t catch their breath.  It’s definitely long lasting in some cases and maybe, IF Brennan had it....the stamina was not there. In my opinion, last year Lily, Meredith, and Kat should not have made the team. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I refuse to believe in all the conspiracy theories.  We should look at what we actually know from last year.

Meredith-barely made the team.  There are reports of her messing up at games and her cut seemed to come after solos.  She is beautiful and well trained but was never the best in DCC pom.  If we had a normal training camp, my guess is she would not have made it to camp.  Her body looks boxy in the uniform.

Lily- cut the last night her first time in camp, barely made it last year and has a hard time with frozen facials.  So she may be very well liked but easily could have been out danced.

Brennan- cut from 2 training camps and then finally made the team.  Last year her name came up as a potential vet cut during training camp and we all worried about that.  Well loved and respected and a great friend.  No doubt Bridget was referring to her but Bridget also was crying over the thought Lily and Meredith could have been cut.  Brennan has always struggled with facials and the performance aspect.  If she was still weak from whatever illness she had, that would show up in dance.  If we take our personal feelings out of this and wait and see, who knows.  I feel bad for her but happy she had 2 years.

Hannah- ok I am struggling on this and hope something makes sense.  Do I think her very political posts could have hurt her? Yep. Or Covid weight gain in the rear.  Hannah very fierce dancer but was not one of the top 16 vets last year.

As far as the group 4 theory, I never got why they gave Tess Lily, Kat, and Meredith.  Tess got the 3 weakest rookies all in one group.  They should have been spread out unless Judy thought it would be between those three every game on who sits out.

Just hope they keep the ladies phone numbers cause I see Kat's situation blowing up in a big way.  If the rumors are true and said player has a girlfriend, this could be a big KAT fight coming up.  I do look at this like the Tara situation.  I hated to see Tara cut but when I saw the show I understood.  

And it is humor nature to be upset when your friends get cut and not be able to see their flaws.  The years when 5 or so vets did not make it to camp, once I watched the show I got it.

I want to thank you for posting this. It ks well thought out and not pointing fingers or blaming others for their cuts. You came with facts and statistics. It cost Hannah 2/3 times to make the team so something wasn't standing for TPTB (I think that is the name haha) we also don't know how strog the complete rookie class is. Hannah is a great dancer but didnt had the best look for DCC, even tho there is a look for every person. And yeah who knows she gained weight or anything. We don't know that until the show airs so it is useless to just point fingers 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Outside of one appearance by Lily, none of the other 3 vet cuts appeared on Boots in the Bubble podcast or had a vet vlog. Makes me wonder if Kelli and Judy had marked them as potential cuts from the beginning of TC? Just makes sense to feature the girls that will make the ultimate squad 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

100% to all of this., but especially on the parts I bolded.  The decision to drop all three weak rookies on Tess makes ZERO sense to me.  Gina is likely a solid GL2, but other combos seem stronger, at least from what the show has given us.

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

You were not on this board during her 1st year of trying out.   Lots of reports of toxicity in the locker room And some shown on the actual show.  It truly was not graceful behavior. 

It is true that I wasn't on the board in 2018. However I have read through every single page of the 2018 DCC threads and let me tell you, Victoria got constantally slated and didnt even got the chance. Was she a mess in 2018? Absolutely. Did she showed enough growth in 2019, looked better and did enough to become a DCC? Yes.

It is so easy to blame her for someone else her cut but we don't know what is currently happening in DCC world and info can easily be twisted to put certain dancers in a bad daylight 🙊🤷‍♂️

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, TUOwl84 said:

I think Elli may have been cut too, because she posted an insta story around 6pm Dallas time, and wouldn't TC be going on at that time?

Could of been on a break