Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Someone posted a few pages back that maybe Hannah will re-audition.  I hope she doesn't, I hope she goes out with a certain finger in the air & never looks back.

Add me to this bodacious idea and HIYA HANNAH!!! 

• Love 14
56 minutes ago, KoKo said:

Agree to disagree. I'm going with an unpopular opinion but I personally don't think Maddie has "point look material" ~even though she is the point.   I think Maddie is more "cutesie" ~  Gina absolutely has a face for point, now more than ever !! 

Actually lots of people agree with you. My vote is for Gina for point  I like Maddie alot actually. Poor girl got ripped to shreds her first time in TC but still came back and killed it. She's adorable. But I always thought Gina was more technical and stronger than Maddie when it came to dance. I've also wondered if that mean girl narrative they painted for Gina during her rookie year is still haunting her

Edited by MeeMee2
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Laurawithcats said:

This is why I won't watch the show anymore and I was a faithful viewer from the very first show. I stopped when Kelly made all the excuses for V and her heavy, sluggish, thick dancing. I can't even watch an entire video she posts. Hannah's left me wanting more. 

I do understand Meredith and Lily. (I watched snippets on Insta & YouTube) but Brennan & HANNAH? Hannah is a superstar. I always noticed her when she danced. She's a lovely dancer. I doubt it was for weight. One of her more recent Insta posts, she has abs I'd give my left arm for. She has an amazing figure and came across as genuine and hardworking. I think she's strikingly beautiful. She deserves so much better. Hannah if you ever read this, go do you. Forget these hypocritical, mean girl women. There's a whole world out here and it's your oyster. Screw them and their mind games. You Got This. 

As for Kat? IF she is sleeping with a player, WTF Kelly? And that the player has a girlfriend, as per a insider post?  Can we talk about THAT? That's slimey for lack of a better word, and I have a few.  And I like(d) Kat. Her Insta posts seem over the top but she has personality. If she was let go from a previous squad for hooking up with a player, I'm thinking it is. So much for the "girl next door" reputation Kelly keeps blathering on about. Try 'Homewrecker' instead. 

And Lisa? She made it back? She doesn't even look like a DCC. Maybe it's the bad tanning but she always looks like she just came from a tractor pull. Not saying tractor pulls are bad, but she always looks like she's covered in a layer of dust and grime. 

I'm not going to say much about Brennan except I agree with most everyone here. However, it may be for the best if she had the virus. They're finding blood clots in survivors. I have a friend who had two. Thankfully they got caught up in his spleen before something terrible happened. 

The DCC are NOT worth dying for. Brennan your health is more important than the extremely toxic, life consuming, delusional DCC. 

Considering Bridget's post, I'm thinking the insider info here is on point. I get why she left. I know I'd last a hot NY minute if I had to starve, put up with undeniable favoritism and the "Yes Mamm's." Kelly has trashed her's and the DCC reputation. If Hannahs cut was for drama? What kind of person, what woman would do that to a young woman? For a TV show? Who hurt you Kelly? (sarcasm) 

Long post. Sorry. Started typing and couldn't stop. 

Dust and grime! Perfect description! 🤣  I am so glad I am not the only one thinking this.  I just couldn't put it into words how she appeared to me. lol

image0 (5).jpeg

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If they remain in Dallas, their reputation, their references, etc.  I am sure no one walks away from the DCC willingly without experiencing issues unless you get far away - Milan, Mandi, Holly, etc.

I'm sure your right.

8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Someone posted a few pages back that maybe Hannah will re-audition.  I hope she doesn't, I hope she goes out with a certain finger in the air & never looks back.

Same! Hannah if you see this, girl you take your amazing abilities elsewhere & show them what they missed out on!!! 

• Love 23
37 minutes ago, go4luca said:

In every way possible. 

It still crushes me I can't follow her on IG now that she's set to private.  Not to be a rabid fan.  I never post on any DCC's current or personal pages.  I fell in love with her approach to life and animals way back when she shared photos of her vet tech days.  She is so normal, so approachable.  I share the same love of animals and nature.

I think you and I bonded over our respect and admiration for Bridget, and Labrador Retrievers.  

• Love 6

RE Judy's Twitter follows - I'll never judge someone on who they follow, because I personally follow quite a few people that I find to be repugnant but tweet news/info I want to be aware of.  The only reason I have a Twitter account is because it's the first place local police departments, news stations, etc. update when there's something happening.  Super useful when I lived in downtown Seattle and walked to/from work (always a lot of marches and other activities in the streets) and I've found to be the same in DFW and KC.  It's one of the few places I don't mind having political activity in my social media.  Now the things people LIKE???  I'll judge that ish all day.  I swear people just slap a heart on something not realizing it leaves a trail.

On Hannah...I wonder if the lack of guest judges this year is hurting her.  Jalyn too, perhaps, when it comes to Show Group.  Guest judges love Hannah like crazy, and I feel like she always got enough stickers to not be denied.  TPTB always make the final choices, of course, but it's hard to deny an outstanding dancer with a photo full of stickers.  I know they've had some guests via ZOOM and such, but it's not nearly the same as having well respected dance professionals in studio, even if they go sideways sometimes (Travis.)

I've been very interested to see a new, refreshed version of the show this season, because I think it's really interesting, but the Hannah cut is so damn disheartening.  I'm sad about Brennan too, especially now that we know they aren't dancing, but good grief.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, topicanti said:

Ladies, if you read this: 

LILY: You’ve been a favorite of mine since your first time in TC. I admire your tenacity in coming back last year. I enjoyed watching you dance. You shined as a good teammate. The love and support you clearly had from the other girls says so much about your character. They’ve done you dirty twice, and you deserve so much better. 

BRENNAN: Same to you. You’re a fighter who went after your dream and refused to let them get you down. Your dedication was remarkable and it showed in your growth as a dancer. You, too, have such clear indicators of high character. The team needed someone like you and it will be significantly worse off for your loss. 

HANNAH: I do not know you personally, but I lived in Chicago when you were on the Bulls and I’ve followed you since then. I remember being thrilled when I saw you audition for DCC and make the team. Your dancing was what initially drew me to you, but you are such a genuinely good person and that’s what has made me a fan for so long. You stand up for what you believe in. You put in the work to make the world a better place. You used your platform to get vulnerable about difficult issues and address them with grace and eloquence. Your cut undermines the integrity of the whole DCC institution. 

I am heartbroken and infuriated for each of you. But I will remain in each of your respective corners wherever your paths lead you next. Please don’t let the mephitic, comminatory behavior of the TPTB and the DCC institution get you down. I am confident I will see each of you go on to bigger and better things, and I look forward to watching you on those journeys. 

All of this.....I hope Lily, Brennan and Hannah read these messages of love and support.

• Love 21
25 minutes ago, DutchDccFan2.0 said:

Not as unpopular like me wanting Rachel W as point

It really isn’t an unpopular opinion... girl got slammed for her twitter posts, but we’ve all commented on how much stronger she was her 2nd season and she definitely has the looks.

4 minutes ago, topicanti said:

LILY: You’ve been a favorite of mine since your first time in TC. I admire your tenacity in coming back last year. I enjoyed watching you dance. You shined as a good teammate. The love and support you clearly had from the other girls says so much about your character. They’ve done you dirty twice, and you deserve so much better. 

BRENNAN: Same to you. You’re a fighter who went after your dream and refused to let them get you down. Your dedication was remarkable and it showed in your growth as a dancer. You, too, have such clear indicators of high character. The team needed someone like you and it will be significantly worse off for your loss. 

HANNAH: I do not know you personally, but I lived in Chicago when you were on the Bulls and I’ve followed you since then. I remember being thrilled when I saw you audition for DCC and make the team. Your dancing was what initially drew me to you, but you are such a genuinely good person and that’s what has made me a fan for so long. You stand up for what you believe in. You put in the work to make the world a better place. You used your platform to get vulnerable about difficult issues and address them with grace and eloquence. Your cut undermines the integrity of the whole DCC institution. 

I am heartbroken and infuriated for each of you. But I will remain in each of your respective corners wherever your paths lead you next. Please don’t let the mephitic, comminatory behavior of the TPTB and the DCC institution get you down. I am confident I will see each of you go on to bigger and better things, and I look forward to watching you on those journeys. 

I love this and I love all the positive messages. 

If you’re reading this, I hope you get some comfort knowing that you have the fans on your side, something that Kelli and many other girls don’t have... you’re so much better than the dcc anyway and I hope you know that.

• Love 13

It was posted earlier that some of the ladies who were cut are reading this forum, very possible. It's also possible there's ladies out there reading who wish to audition in the future. I'll never defend bad decisions by TPTB but almost nothing will stop 500 to 1000 showing up for auditions every year. They'll go through the gauntlet and dance on hot coals to wear those boots. I know it's a naive statement for me to make but I wish they didn't have to go through the brutal drama show to live their dream.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, realityjunkie771 said:

I don’t exactly think this is fair... let’s not blame the women who are in an impossible position here. There may be a million reasons why they are not speaking up, and it’s really not fair of us as outsiders to pretend it would be easy to put their dreams and their performance careers on the line. Give them grace. It must be impossibly hard for them to figure out what the right thing to do is right now. 

Agree

• Love 3
1 minute ago, USN17 said:

I'll never defend bad decisions by TPTB but almost nothing will stop 500 to 1000 showing up for auditions every year. They'll go through the gauntlet and dance on hot coals to wear those boots. I know it's a naive statement for me to make but I wish they didn't have to go through the brutal drama show to live their dream.

But have we actually seen 500 to 1000 audition any more?  Not counting this year because it could be done virtually. 

I've seen people here post photos of the stadium and counting the girls present when Kelli gives her "let's make the team" spiel.  I don't think we've seen that high of numbers in quite a long time.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, USN17 said:

It was posted earlier that some of the ladies who were cut are reading this forum, very possible. It's also possible there's ladies out there reading who wish to audition in the future. I'll never defend bad decisions by TPTB but almost nothing will stop 500 to 1000 showing up for auditions every year. They'll go through the gauntlet and dance on hot coals to wear those boots. I know it's a naive statement for me to make but I wish they didn't have to go through the brutal drama show to live their dream.

500? 1000?

2 minutes ago, realityjunkie771 said:

I don’t exactly think this is fair... let’s not blame the women who are in an impossible position here. There may be a million reasons why they are not speaking up, and it’s really not fair of us as outsiders to pretend it would be easy to put their dreams and their performance careers on the line. Give them grace. It must be impossibly hard for them to figure out what the right thing to do is right now. 

True... also, I think their latest choices for voty and roty say a lot. This is probably the one thing that Kelli doesn’t control (not because she doesn’t want to though) and choosing Bridget over Amy, or Heather in the year she got the ridiculous punishment... yeah for me that specific choice says everything.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, USN17 said:

giphy.gif

• LOL 3
Just now, go4luca said:

But have we actually seen 500 to 1000 audition any more?  Not counting this year because it could be done virtually. 

I've seen people here post photos of the stadium and counting the girls present when Kelli gives her "let's make the team" spiel.  I don't think we've seen that high of numbers in quite a long time.

True.  And many of those are the older/out of shape contestants who they allow to audition just so they can make fun of them and make them look ridiculous.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

VK is, behind the scenes, the laughingstock of the DCC.  It's just ridiculous the praise she gets given that she's mediocre dancer (at best), and the girls are constantly walking on eggshells around her and TK. So I can totally understand them letting off some steam by poking fun at her.  But this makes me think that 1) someone slipped up and it got back to VK who was saying stuff or 2) someone made the mistake of giving her some corrections (which they should all know by now is a huge no-no).  Nobody questions VK, and if you're talking to her or about her, it better be high praise!

What?  Someone dares not think she is  "A++++ Victoria"??   Anyone else who would fall out of a turn into poms @ auditions, would not have been considered.   Period. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

But have we actually seen 500 to 1000 audition any more?

Did they ever actually have 1,000?  I never believed it was THAT many, despite their claims.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

True.  And many of those are the older/out of shape contestants who they allow to audition just so they can make fun of them and make them look ridiculous.

And Judy says "I give them credit for their guts..." Ummm....no you don't, Judes.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, TUOwl84 said:

This is the probably the precise reason Dayton won't come back to audition until there is no more show.  These "storylines." 😔

Yup, the story line they gave her was brutal. The legacy who can't cut it and gets sent home. They were setting her up for that from moment one. I remember Kelli commenting something like. " I can't watch Dayton" during semi finals

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

This is the probably the precise reason Dayton won't come back to audition until there is no more show.  These "storylines." 😔

Yea. Dayton stated as much. She would only try out again if there wasn't a show. 

• Love 7

If any of you wonderful, former DCC feel like writing a tell-all, I will happily be your ghost writer. I have no dance ability whatsoever, and have always admired your skills and commitment. As we used to say in the 70's, "Keep on keepin' on!" You're the best!

• Love 24
32 minutes ago, topicanti said:

This!  ALL DAY LONG!

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Yea. Dayton stated as much. She would only try out again if there wasn't a show. 

I get what she's saying, and I don't blame her, but I don't understand this reasoning. It's TPTB who facilitate this show. Were it not for them, there wouldn't be a show.  My heart ached for Dayton, who was put up against Seabiscuit for compare and contrast (as was Meredith) and was a casualty of Kelli and Tina.

I feel like the show is but a symptom of the culture in that organization.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, DutchDccFan2.0 said:

Seems like Kat isn't the only one 👀

20200819_213929.jpg

Where did you pull this from? Btw, when all that holly drama went down someone on here said Kelli was banging a player when she was a cheerleader. Anyone remember that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

well, if i've learned anything today its that im entirely too invested in this show....lmao

Me too! And that bomb shell about rookie Sydney I cannot get anything done!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RileyJDR said:

And...they’ve just announced that cheerleaders and mascots will not be allowed on the field during games this season. Boom goes the dynamite. Now what? 

Are we seriously that suprised by this? We all knew it was coming.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Lily and Meredith? Expected, not surprised.

Brennan? Shocked, not that surprised.

HANNAH!??! Time to book a flight to Dallas. Hopefully some of the ladies grow a pair and walk. First they keep VK for 2 years and now they keep Kat after (presumably) breaking the rules? Bull. Crap.

My thoughts exactly. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, SamShmam said:

I get what she's saying, and I don't blame her, but I don't understand this reasoning. It's TPTB who facilitate this show. Were it not for them, there wouldn't be a show.  My heart ached for Dayton, who was put up against Seabiscuit for compare and contrast (as was Meredith) and was a casualty of Kelli and Tina.

I feel like the show is but a symptom of the culture in that organization.

"Seabiscuit" 😂😂😂😂 

Agree. I Loved Dayton. She's better off. Way better off. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

can someone please catch me up I’m new... 

Victoria is a mean girl and the reason Lily, Hannah, Brennon, and maybe Meredith got cut? 

Kat & Sydney are both sleeping with players? 

What else am I missing?