Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

On 8/9/2020 at 7:41 AM, DutchDccFan2.0 said:

She just doesn't have a face for point imo, I mean every girl on the team is pretty ofcourse, but not everyone is point look material (cough Maddie)

Agree to disagree. I'm going with an unpopular opinion but I personally don't think Maddie has "point look material" ~even though she is the point.   I think Maddie is more "cutesie" ~  Gina absolutely has a face for point, now more than ever !! 

• Love 6

I understand that this is probably not realistic at all, but I'm kind of disappointed that some of the vets who seem to be women of principles and who value justice haven't spoken out-maybe Maddie, Gina, Caroline, Erin, Kristin...I'm kind of disappointed that they are most likely scared to speak up or even (heaven forbid!) walk away from a toxic organization. Don't hate on this post too much-I get that it's not realistic, I just think it's sad and disappointing that these women feel they can't speak up or walk away.

• Love 24
11 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Agreed.  It used to be this amazing show about passionate young women trying to achieve a dream that could be achieved if one were talented and hard-working. 

I've watched this show for years and years. I've even bought the dang calendars and paid to download certain episodes from the show to watch while I exercised. It was very inspiring to me to see these young ladies chase after this ideal of being "world class" and being on the best squad in NFL....ok also for Kitty because she's hilarious and gave me life!  But it has gone downhill year after year for the drama.  Kelli is in complete control of how the girls are portryed on the show. The obvious false narratives with some girls and blatant favoritism to others is hard to stomach sometimes. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, RileyJDR said:

And...they’ve just announced that cheerleaders and mascots will not be allowed on the field during games this season. Boom goes the dynamite. Now what? 

BTW, this is from updated NFL-NFLPA game day protocols and also applies to sideline reporters. Basically, no one but teams and photographers/cameras on field I read it as.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Note to self: do not look to see who people follow on twitter... I went to see who Judy follows to see if Hannah's account was still active & wowza, some of the people she follows but I digress...

I agree I do not think Maddie has the look for point, she is cute but not sassy and special. But there again, seniority rules when it works for Kelli...

• Love 6
1 minute ago, TB12 said:

Note to self: do not look to see who people follow on twitter... I went to see who Judy follows to see if Hannah's account was still active & wowza, some of the people she follows but I digress...

I agree I do not think Maddie has the look for point, she is cute but not sassy and special. But there again, seniority rules when it works for Kelli...

I don't have Twitter. Who does she follow?

9 minutes ago, RileyJDR said:

And...they’ve just announced that cheerleaders and mascots will not be allowed on the field during games this season. Boom goes the dynamite. Now what? 

I think every sane person saw this coming. I'm sure Tina is on the phone now asking how her BABY is going to get shown without being on the field. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, cheeseslices said:

I think every sane person saw this coming. I'm sure Tina is on the phone now asking how her BABY is going to get shown without being on the field. 

Yes!  Have any of you seen "Drop Dead Gorgeous"? Kirstie Alley's character reminds me a lot of TK ("Get up, baby -- we have to go to state!!!!").

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Very fair. Only thing I'd argue is that Hannah was actually one of the top 16 vets last year. Made SG and got a Barbie for her solo and got called out by former DCC Jacie and guests choreographers for her awesome power and style. While it's true that she is very outspoken about BLM and mental health. I'm at a lost why you would think that would hurt her? I thought Judy and Kelli likes when the girls are interested in and active in current event. I remember Miss Metoo Taylor. 

Hannah wasn't voted by the judges as the top 16 vets who had all yeses. (Maddie..suspected Neil McCoy on her no or maybe she got, Miranda, Alexis, Jalyn, Hannah, Brennan, Christina and some I am forgetting did not get all yeses last year and if anyone else remembers the others could you DM me. ) I forgot exactly where she fell but it appeared she got some maybes.  Yes she made show group both years.  She's a fierce dancer.  I always thought they should have tried to soften her look (somehow the exact opposite of contours) and I am sad to see her go.  Another poster mentioned Hannah's posts I was replying to that.  As far as her posts, I am thrilled the woman has opinions on social issues and has put some thought into it and isn't just posting on beauty or posting ad nauseam selfies or  trying to hawk some product.  I just think TPTB and the Jones want them to sound on trend but not be too outspoken.  Almost give beauty pageant answers ........World peace.  Taylor had no clue about Me Too big difference.  Hannah is in grad school and I hope she goes forward and does something great.

I am looking forward to the show for this cut to make more sense to me.

• Love 7

Honestly, had the DCCs had regular tryouts, I think Meredith and Lily would’ve been cut. The “last ones in” from the prior training camp tend to get cut the next year, and every so often, they throw in an upper vet as well. 

However, the fact that it’s not a typical year makes these cuts seem especially cruel. They probably won’t be doing much of anything, so what is it about these 4 that’s so bad that they can’t remain on the team? I get that it’s supposed to be the top 36, but it’s an unusual year. I just don’t understand why they didn’t just stick with the remaining veterans and call it a day.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Honestly, had the DCCs had regular tryouts, I think Meredith and Lily would’ve been cut. The “last ones in” from the prior training camp tend to get cut the next year, and every so often, they throw in an upper vet as well. 

However, the fact that it’s not a typical year makes these cuts seem especially cruel. They probably won’t be doing much of anything, so what is it about these 4 that’s so bad that they can’t remain on the team? I get that it’s supposed to be the top 36, but it’s an unusual year. I just don’t understand why they didn’t just stick with the remaining veterans and call it a day.

Unfortunately, because they had a show to make and probably had a contract with CMT stating how many seasons need to be made.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes!  Have any of you seen "Drop Dead Gorgeous"? Kirstie Alley's character reminds me a lot of TK ("Get up, baby -- we have to go to state!!!!").

THAT movie...ranks up there with Clueless, Mean Girls & Jawbreaker...

”Alabama...A-L-A-B-A-M-A...Alabama. Alaska...” 😆😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Tina RIGHT THIS SECOND giphy.gif

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

In every way possible. 

It still crushes me I can't follow her on IG now that she's set to private.  Not to be a rabid fan.  I never post on any DCC's current or personal pages.  I fell in love with her approach to life and animals way back when she shared photos of her vet tech days.  She is so normal, so approachable.  I share the same love of animals and nature.

I just looked and it isn't private, but I had to "follow" her again:)

• Love 6
Just now, go4luca said:

In every way possible. 

It still crushes me I can't follow her on IG now that she's set to private.  Not to be a rabid fan.  I never post on any DCC's current or personal pages.  I fell in love with her approach to life and animals way back when she shared photos of her vet tech days.  She is so normal, so approachable.  I share the same love of animals and nature.

Bridget had me when scooped that little dog up and put him on the Vespa just the cutest and as you said most approachable DCC ever!

• Love 15

Even though they can't be on the field, I'm sure Kelli Judy and Charlotte will find a way to have the DCC presence as part of the games - maybe they dance on a Deck or in the Plaza and that footage gets spliced into the games. 

And I'll bet Kelli still has hopes for a possible Christmas Show at the Star because - by golly, the global pandemic will be gone by then and we can all huddle together at the Star and buy Cowboys Merchandise with all the money people are getting from their Unemployment checks!

But if there are no cheerleaders on the field, then it means:

• No Field Entrance
  • No groups / no need for quarter changes and group leaders
  • No Thunderstruck 
  • No Triangle 
  • No Kickline
  • No point!
Edited by Stee
  • Useful 8
  • Love 9
Just now, DutchDccFan2.0 said:

And  then? The show would return next year so not much changes lol

Yes, but it'd be one less year of the VK show viewers have to endure.  I heard she tried to worm her way into all kinds of stories/camera shots this summer.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If they would just put seasons 13 and 14 on pluto, that might hold the fans for awhile:)

I wonder if they TPTB won't let them put those years on bc of how pathetic they looked with VK...

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, KoKo said:

Agree to disagree. I'm going with an unpopular opinion but I personally don't think Maddie has "point look material" ~even though she is the point.   I think Maddie is more "cutesie" ~  Gina absolutely has a face for point, now more than ever !! 

Not as unpopular like me wanting Rachel W as point

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I hope karma bites and that cmt doesn’t put out the show 

Hmm With all the drama around all these recent veteran cuts and actual footage from inside the bubble, I'm sure they have enough material to put on a show.  Just going to be shorter

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If they would just put seasons 13 and 14 on pluto, that might hold the fans for awhile:)

I generally stop at 9. I really only watch 1 & 2 (BTW for anyone interested, s1 ep1 is about to start on Pluto in 20 mins or so). It got too fake for me after that.

32 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I know for a fact that several of the ladies who were let go read this forum (and are reading it today), and I just know they are appreciating all the love you're showing them.  So thank you!

Ladies, WE ARE your fans. No one can take your accomplishments and we love you.

17 minutes ago, Stee said:

To the vets who are reading and are pissed as hell about the cuts:

17 minutes ago, Stee said:

But if there are no cheerleaders on the field, then it means:

• No Field Entrance
  • No groups / no need for quarter changes and group leaders
  • No Thunderstruck 
  • No Triangle 
  • No Kickline
  • No point!

Isn't this the perfect year to walk??? What have you got to lose.

• Love 19
On 8/9/2020 at 9:14 PM, go4luca said:

I love Brianna.  I would love to see her made a 2nd GL this year. 

She is calm, funny and comes across super bright.  All vital qualities in a leader.

And that gorgeous complexion !!   She's adorable!!! 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, SamShmam said:

Isn't this the perfect year to walk??? What have you got to lose

If they remain in Dallas, their reputation, their references, etc.  I am sure no one walks away from the DCC willingly without experiencing issues unless you get far away - Milan, Mandi, Holly, etc.

• Useful 1