Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: The Duggar Dash

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

I just wish they would get JimBlob’s smug fat face off my television screen... 

I could have eaten the damn cricket tacos, the escargot, and the haggis with no problem. However, that tater tot casserole.... 

Food is supposed to be gray?

• LOL 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Tikichick said:

I saw a brief glimpse of Spurgeon and then a bit more of a look of who I think is Kendra's very blonde little boy being held up by someone, I think one of the brothers, as he started to wail.  Just an impression I got, but I really felt like that little one was completely uncomfortable in that house without his mom.   Even though he's probably there quite often, I just felt like that little one was one big nope about everything to do with the atmosphere of that house.

Oh, I forgot about Garrett! Still, Lauren noping out while Kendra soldiered on just made her look even worse.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I forgot about Garrett! Still, Lauren moping out while Kendra soldiered on just made her look even worse.

I think Lauren is desperate to be Michelle's BFF.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, auntieminem said:

So where were JD and Abbey?  Smart enough to skip this one.  I have really warmed up to Austin.  He seems to have a sense of humor that is a little smarter than the Ds.

Oh boy to fill the second hour is weddings.  Poor Jilly, they skipped her wedding and are starting with Jessa.  I think I can check out now. 

I was thinking maybe this was back when Abby was suffering from severe morning sickness and probably wasn't getting out much, if at all.  Not like she missed anything, dodged a bullet really IMO.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I forgot about Garrett! Still, Lauren noping out while Kendra soldiered on just made her look even worse.

That is because Kendra is a trooper and approaches things with a smile and a give it a go attitude. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I feel bad for Jill. Its one thing to completely erase Josh, but to erase Jill is different. She grew up with the film crew. It has to sting to see the engagement/wedding highlights with TLC acting like she doesn't exist.

It’s not Jill they’re erasing, it’s her husband. It’s hard to edit around the groom in a wedding special. Jill did show up in last week’s clip show making pickles. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

It’s not Jill they’re erasing, it’s her husband. It’s hard to edit around the groom in a wedding special. Jill did show up in last week’s clip show making pickles. 

Yes, I get that. I don't think that makes it easier for Jill.

• Love 6
(edited)
16 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

As you can see because of the fact that I am so invested in this show not  that I forget again that was on tonight.

I got up this morning and remembered the show was on last night but I didn't have a single memory of anything that "happened" on the episode, so I thought maybe I didn't finish watching it. It wasn't until I read this thread that I realized I did watch it and my memory is entirely accurate because nothing did happen.

Edited by jcbrown
Did not attend SOTDRT and recognize that verb tense is a thing
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3
(edited)

People across the county must have found the Duggars boring.  Rating dropped around a third from .26 to .18.  The episode had 976 K viewers and a .18 rating.  33rd cable show of the day.

The 8:00 pm repeat from last week had 561 K viewers and wedding rehash had 696 K viewers.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 5
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, zenme said:

One of the J-boys was looking for a shoe size and read the 6.5 UK size as 6.5 Ukraine. What dumbasses.

Holy shit that is so bad it is riveting. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

People across the county must have found the Duggars boring.  Rating dropped around a third from .26 to .18.  The episode had 976 K viewers and a .18 rating.  33rd cable show of the day.

The 8:00 pm repeat from last week had 561 K viewers and wedding rehash had 696 K viewers.  

Dance Reaction GIF

Yay. I’m glad the rehashed format of 19 kids went nowhere. Now it just needs to keep dropping.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I too thought that only Jessa and Jinger married in November. For some reason I thought JD and Abbie's wedding was Halloween. 

But the difference is that JD isn't my twin. 

All three of them got married the first Saturday of November, within a week of Halloween. It's understandable that you would think that it was Halloween. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Did anyone else notice Lauren looking at Michelle with eye daggers when Michelle was explaining those silly dash rules? I noticed right away. Lauren does not like Michelle at all, IMO.

I got the feeling Michelle was holding notes that she and Lauren had created and was talking when it was supposed to be Lauren's turn.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I got the feeling Michelle was holding notes that she and Lauren had created and was talking when it was supposed to be Lauren's turn.

Well, that would definitely enrage Lauren. 😁

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

As much as Jim Bob grates I liked his interaction with Kendra at the playhouse, you could tell the grass and the ramp were wet and he wasn't being condescending he just sounded honestly concerned asking her to slow down, be careful not to slip.  It was a little cute and one of the more normal interactions seen.  Kendra seems so likable and sort of the anti-Lauren.  I don't blame Lauren for opting out, she may have some anxiety over being extra careful because of the previous miscarriage even if medically she doesn't need to worry but she's just so sour, dramatic, resting bitch faced that it's very hard to give her the benefit of the doubt on anything.

Austin is straight out competitive but Joy is more bundle of nerves competitive she seemed to be too worried about rules and plans and second guessing just about everything to actually have fun with the game.  I felt sorry for the poor businesses who had to trade a little free advertising and community goodwill for having a gaggle of Duggars and their accompanying crew invading them all at once.  Speaking of crew - with the teams running in and out this is one of the few times we really saw the crew, following Ben & Jessa out the door of the rock climbing while others were checking in then storing their stuff in the back of their car.

I watched the second hour because I'm a sucker for wedding dresses and I forgot what most of the dresses looked like but I did fast forward to the dress part and skipped the proposal, rehearsal sections.   Poor Jill, scrubbed out again.  I get that keeping Derrick off screen means they can't show the wedding or proposal but they could have covered her dress even just a minute to show her final choice and they didn't.  Anna was left out also of course and again no fault of hers but her husbands, I get that one a little more since highlighting anything about her wedding reminds us of who she married.  Anna at least pops up in the background at the TTH from time to time - I wonder if Jill cares at all that she's basically been erased from Duggar TV existence (saw her only once during dress shopping).  Maybe not, maybe she really doesn't care at all, who knows but she seems to still want to be relevant with a social media presence so I wonder if having no exposure even in old show clips bothers her. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, that would definitely enrage Lauren. 😁

I wish I knew how to do screen shots. Lauren looked toward Michelle's hands, which were hidden by the kitchen island, at least three times. Then Lauren would look at Michelle's face. It was like she was willing her to hand over the reins so Lauren could do her part.

I really think Lauren had this fantasy that she would immediately rise up and become Michelle's BFF and Michelle ignores her like she ignores everybody else. Kendra doesn't give a shit and just goes with the flow. Anna was actually a bit snarky in the beginning, almost trolling Michelle on air. Of course now Anna is in tight with her due to Josh's bullshit.

I wonder how long Lauren will keep trying?

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Absolom said:

AGT overlaps with Counting On and it was supposedly new this week. I imagine there is a bit of overlap between the two bases as AGT is supposedly family friendly.

It's also going to help sports are back. For the time being anyway. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

1150859048_ScreenShot2020-07-30at11_37_43PM.png.fa05ef1c91664aa97a5543bf878e9412.png1321100665_ScreenShot2020-07-30at11_36_23PM.thumb.png.d92ba9207c0d5c1e0348e14ac419186c.png

What's with Joy and Austin's TH being filmed on totally different days? They put them in the same outfits but forgot about their actual faces. And also Joy learn to speak correctly. "Tyler did really good. Lucky it wasn't James, Jenni or I"  and "we only have Austin, I and James". 

• LOL 8
  • Love 14

Thank GOD Jim Bob was placed on sweet Joe and Kendra’s team, otherwise I imagine anyone else would have dropped him off on the side of the road.

Loved how competitive Jessa’s buddy team was, there is no keeping sweet in that crew. 

I think I really like Austin on the show, I think he’s genuinely funny 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/29/2020 at 2:04 AM, Chicklet said:

This show should die, they literally have nothing going on. Well nothing they can talk about.

If TLC want the show to die Josh Duggar will appear 😈

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wish I knew how to do screen shots. Lauren looked toward Michelle's hands, which were hidden by the kitchen island, at least three times. Then Lauren would look at Michelle's face. It was like she was willing her to hand over the reins so Lauren could do her part.

I really think Lauren had this fantasy that she would immediately rise up and become Michelle's BFF and Michelle ignores her like she ignores everybody else. Kendra doesn't give a shit and just goes with the flow. Anna was actually a bit snarky in the beginning, almost trolling Michelle on air. Of course now Anna is in tight with her due to Josh's bullshit.

I wonder how long Lauren will keep trying?

Why does anyone want to be BFFs with Mechelle seriously? Lauren needs to find someone else because Mechelle is seriously checked out and drugged up to the eyeballs with something, she is also extremely selfish, I think Lauren would get more out of talking to a brick wall. 

This episode was boring I gave up, Dont know who won and I dont care either. 

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, lianau said:

That would be the  Maxwells .

That's headed by the Steve who has commanded that all forms of entertainment are evil, right?

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

Loved how competitive Jessa’s buddy team was, there is no keeping sweet in that crew. 

It was actually interesting to see the buddy teams interact with one another in a competition.  Jessa’s snarky buddies had no trouble taking on her competitive/outspoken nature (“He’s 54, I know he’s 54!), while absent Jill’s team was more unsure and trying to do everything by the book until the add on buddies (Austin and Tyler) stepped in.   I’m fascinated by how they still take on the traits of their lead buddy.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

It was actually interesting to see the buddy teams interact with one another in a competition.  Jessa’s snarky buddies had no trouble taking on her competitive/outspoken nature (“He’s 54, I know he’s 54!), while absent Jill’s team was more unsure and trying to do everything by the book until the add on buddies (Austin and Tyler) stepped in.   I’m fascinated by how they still take on the traits of their lead buddy.

I’ve always been interested in that too, and I would have liked to see Jill participate since I know their buddy team seems to be the closest/most affectionate. But I thought Austin and Tyler were great additions, and Tyler was totally the MVP. 

Poor Johannah got stuck on the team with Jim Bob and a very pregnant Kendra because both of her buddies, Jed and Jinger, were nowhere to be found. She by far seemed the most invested in the game 

• Love 5
On 7/29/2020 at 4:53 AM, absnow54 said:

I think Ivy was dragged around because she was still nursing. Although given how competitive Jessa is, I’m surprised she’d stop to breastfeed, instead of dropping off some pumped bottles for Lolli. 

I feel like she said once that she doesnt pump because she never plans to be away from her babies long enough for them to need a bottle? Maybe I'm making that up.....

On 7/29/2020 at 9:05 AM, Maya said:

Jim bob suggesting an 8 months pregnant woman do the “mystery food” eating challenge... 🙄

Bless her heart she was going to go with it too. AND doing all work in the hay stack.  What's-his-face got a gem of a wife.

Jana HAS to be in control, which I kind of relate to.  First the painting lessons and now this. She does not trust any of them to make decisions lol

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

I feel like she said once that she doesnt pump because she never plans to be away from her babies long enough for them to need a bottle? Maybe I'm making that up.....

Bless her heart she was going to go with it too. AND doing all work in the hay stack.  What's-his-face got a gem of a wife.

Jana HAS to be in control, which I kind of relate to.  First the painting lessons and now this. She does not trust any of them to make decisions lol

I wouldn't trust any of them, either.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Sweeps Month! So the wedding specials would air that month.

Ya, except they didn't. They were already pregnant and doing gender reveal parties before their weddings even aired.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Ya, except they didn't. They were already pregnant and doing gender reveal parties before their weddings even aired.

Some of the weddings had two week turnaround times before footage aired at specials. Remember, they seem to do a special, then a season running up to the wedding. So much recycling of footage.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, AussiesRule said:

1150859048_ScreenShot2020-07-30at11_37_43PM.png.fa05ef1c91664aa97a5543bf878e9412.png1321100665_ScreenShot2020-07-30at11_36_23PM.thumb.png.d92ba9207c0d5c1e0348e14ac419186c.png

What's with Joy and Austin's TH being filmed on totally different days? They put them in the same outfits but forgot about their actual faces. And also Joy learn to speak correctly. "Tyler did really good. Lucky it wasn't James, Jenni or I"  and "we only have Austin, I and James". 

Joy below looks like one of those Dateline interviews when they disguise the person to protect their identity.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4

It's obvious to me that this show is getting quite sloppy. I noticed right away that Austin & Joy's TH was patched together at different times. 

I'm not surprised that the buddies take on their leader's traits....because this is more evidence that their buddy-leaders really raise their assigned siblings and have that day to day interaction like a MOTHER SHOULD have with their children. They don't know Michelle and that's the way Mommy Dearest wanted it. IMO, none of these people are close to one another. There simply are too many of them to form any real relationship with.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

It's obvious to me that this show is getting quite sloppy. I noticed right away that Austin & Joy's TH was patched together at different times. 

I'm not surprised that the buddies take on their leader's traits....because this is more evidence that their buddy-leaders really raise their assigned siblings and have that day to day interaction like a MOTHER SHOULD have with their children. They don't know Michelle and that's the way Mommy Dearest wanted it. IMO, none of these people are close to one another. There simply are too many of them to form any real relationship with.

I am an only child, but come from a large extended family. I agree that it is hard to develop any sort of real relationship with a bunch of people whose only bond with you is some DNA. I can't see that the Duggars have all that much in common other than shared experiences and a mutual weird relationship with their parents. They sound like Michelle when they attempt to describe each other, stumbling over frequently used phrases like servant's heart, diligent, and dedicated to the Lord. The buddies might know each other a little better, but still it is awkward and strained. 

• Love 22
On 7/30/2020 at 5:49 PM, Dmarie019 said:

I cannot even begin to fathom being in Jana's shoes, but I cannot fault her for clawing her way into control of every damn thing she possibly can while she lives behind those bars. 

• Love 13
On 7/31/2020 at 11:53 AM, RebeccatheWriter said:

I am an only child, but come from a large extended family. I agree that it is hard to develop any sort of real relationship with a bunch of people whose only bond with you is some DNA. I can't see that the Duggars have all that much in common other than shared experiences and a mutual weird relationship with their parents. They sound like Michelle when they attempt to describe each other, stumbling over frequently used phrases like servant's heart, diligent, and dedicated to the Lord. The buddies might know each other a little better, but still it is awkward and strained. 

It's not only a factor of not really knowing each other, they don't have more than a TTH-size experience of life.  While that may be a much larger domicile than most of the world is accustomed to, it's hardly a broad base of life experiences.  What makes it really odd and kind of an oxymoron is by the same token many of them have experienced some of life's main milestones by 20, 22 years old than most mainstream Americans (meeting their life partner, marrying their life partner, having children).   Doing all of that basically from in the confines of the TTH as their entire world is very small and very tragic.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Tikichick said:

I cannot even begin to fathom being in Jana's shoes, but I cannot fault her for clawing her way into control of every damn thing she possibly can while she lives behind those bars. 

Given how many of them there are and everything she seems to be in charge of, while her parents seem to abdicate the majority of hands-on raising of their kids, I’m surprised she hasn’t had her own laundry room meltdown. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

Given how many of them there are and everything she seems to be in charge of, while her parents seem to abdicate the majority of hands-on raising of their kids, I’m surprised she hasn’t had her own laundry room meltdown. 

Tragic.   And who gets the gushing Mother's Day social media tributes, and no doubt extra special pampering to mark the day? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Maybe she has. Laura.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

I secretly loved Josh and Anna’s wedding. SO much content, so much cringe. Jill cheesing with braces in her big girl dress.. Anna before she ever had braces.. JB eating every piece of catered food in sight and going on about the wonderful hospitality.. Jana sewing per usual.. Joshley’s serenade. Allll that laquered hair. 

All things considered, the Kellers really did put on a nice affair. The Duggars should have taken some notes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5