Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: The Duggar Dash

• Start Topic

It's hard to decide which Duggar is most competitive, so they decide to put It to a test; the family splits into four teams and Michelle sends them on an exciting race around town.

Airs July 28, 2020

Dear lord, not ANOTHER race! Is that all they can do when there's no babies to birth or girls to court?

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

I just look at 30 yr old single woman Jana, I don’t know how she puts up with having to do this stupidity in life when she could be enjoying so much of a regular life as a young single woman.  Wonder if they ever secretly get suicidal about being so stuck in life or not making an effort to know they can do something different if they just be brave to make the steps. Instead she’s racing around in a car playing a stupid game where she’s reminded she’s one of 19 children.

• Love 13

Poor Jordyn repeatedly shrieking out the right answer and being dismissed/ignored is symbolic of... something. 

Also I can’t believe I just watched that. The pandemic has affected my judgement.

• LOL 11

So where were JD and Abbey?  Smart enough to skip this one.  I have really warmed up to Austin.  He seems to have a sense of humor that is a little smarter than the Ds.

Oh boy to fill the second hour is weddings.  Poor Jilly, they skipped her wedding and are starting with Jessa.  I think I can check out now. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video:

Okay, so without meaning to I saw this clip here. 

If having to participate in this nonsense doesn't wake up at least one Duggarling and cause them to move far away from Arkansas tomorrow, then there is truly no hope at all for any of them. And since tomorrow is obviously months and months and months ago, this didn't happen and there is no hope. It's stupid.  It's humiliating. How could they possibly prefer this to having a life? 

Good grief. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Unless all the players get Covid. The way the baseball teams are doing. 

Compliance has been much better in the bubble. The guy who left to go to a strip club in Atlanta has to quarantine for ten days. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I watched part of the clip. Pretty telling that Joy doesn’t know X means multiply. Austin had to tell her. 

To be fair, she could correctly multiply, where as Austin thought 2x2.5 was 10...

• LOL 3
  • Love 16

At least Jessa knew what divide was. But she still had to Google her father's age.

I'll give Kendra credit for participating even though she was slightly more pregnant than Lauren at that point. I'm not sure if that means Kendra was careless or if Lauren was channeling Michelle. Probably a bit of both.

No Jed! even though Jeremiah was participating. Not sure what that means. 

• Love 5
(edited)
26 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I could be wrong--and I sort of hope I am because I'd feel better about myself for remembering this--but I don't remember Jeremiah participating in the corn maze and Jed! did. Maybe they had an agreement (because THEY'RE BOTH TWINS!) to send one as a representative of the royal we. I know they weren't not participating because they actually had somewhere better to be. 😉 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Observations

Lauren is a total wet blanket.

Jessa's use of Google was kind of funny.

Austin is really coming across so much better lately.  "Math is not my strong suit without a calculator!"

I think Ben, Jessa or Jana might be the most competitive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Trying to find something enlightening to say about a 2 hr scavenger hunt among people who for some reason think they are "competitive".. there are no words...

image.png.ad39a8aa506a98e53f5f13af00212e32.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

At least Jessa knew what divide was. But she still had to Google her father's age.

I'll give Kendra credit for participating even though she was slightly more pregnant than Lauren at that point. I'm not sure if that means Kendra was careless or if Lauren was channeling Michelle. Probably a bit of both.

Spoiler

Jed! is running for office and Jeremiah is rumored to be one of the next Duggars to court. 

5 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I found it interesting that Jessa chose to drag Ivy around, rather than leave her with her mom and Lauren.

I think Ivy was dragged around because she was still nursing. Although given how competitive Jessa is, I’m surprised she’d stop to breastfeed, instead of dropping off some pumped bottles for Lolli. 

• Love 3

The most interesting part was watching that SOTDRT math show its ugly head with a lack of memory about their family. If they are going to bore us with competition shows, can we get an academic bowl? The smoke coming out of their ears as they try to think would be worth it. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, auntieminem said:

I have really warmed up to Austin.  

This. In addition to his running snarky (and self-deprecating) commentary and his clear love for Joy, I really appreciated him continually making sure Tyler didn't know what he was eating. (Particularly as Boob kept trying to tell him, in  hopes of getting him to stop eating and lose the challenge.)

Jordyn knowing Boob's age while Jessa didn't was pretty funny. Also Jana forgetting about her own twin's wedding...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

Tyler was the clear winner. Eating that grossness and having the idea to cut up a scarf. The rest was a boring blur.

This was probably one of the worst episodes.

I feel bad for Jill. Its one thing to completely erase Josh, but to erase Jill is different. She grew up with the film crew. It has to sting to see the engagement/wedding highlights with TLC acting like she doesn't exist.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They would have just had Giddy and Jessa's boys, right? 

Yeah, probably too much for pregnant Lauren and checked out Lolli to handle. 

I saw a brief glimpse of Spurgeon and then a bit more of a look of who I think is Kendra's very blonde little boy being held up by someone, I think one of the brothers, as he started to wail.  Just an impression I got, but I really felt like that little one was completely uncomfortable in that house without his mom.   Even though he's probably there quite often, I just felt like that little one was one big nope about everything to do with the atmosphere of that house.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

The most interesting part was watching that SOTDRT math show its ugly head with a lack of memory about their family. If they are going to bore us with competition shows, can we get an academic bowl? The smoke coming out of their ears as they try to think would be worth it. 

I would pay good money for a Duggar quiz bowl. 😈

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

I just wish they would get JimBlob’s smug fat face off my television screen... 

I could have eaten the damn cricket tacos, the escargot, and the haggis with no problem. However, that tater tot casserole.... 

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

Suddenly none of them would admit to being very competitive and refuse to participate, claiming they prefer to simply enjoy sweet fellowship as a family.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Did anyone else out there know the answers to the Duggar questions before they did? I mean like remembering JDs anniversary and who shares middle names? Anyone?...(hangs head in shame)

• LOL 9
  • Love 2