Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: The Best Mistake Of My Life

• Start Topic

Drama erupts when Colt and Debbie meet Jess' family; Angela refuses to act as a Nigerian woman; Larissa is betrayed by Eric; Elizabeth's family questions Andrei's past; Asuelu throws Kalani under the bus; Paul hopes to win over Karine.

Airs July 26, 2020.

6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I HATE Libby's xenophobic family.  Tacky, stupid, ignorant.  "Do they have Walmart here?  Does Amazon deliver here?"  Dad Libby, you should get out of Florida once in awhile, you ignorant slug.

He's the type of person who probably calls black people the "N" word.  Asshole.

And what about ignorant Angela, throwing up?  She's so stupid.  Hey dumbass, there are open air markets in the USA too.  Not all food comes from Walmart, you idiot.  I've been to La Marqueta in NYC which is an open air market in the UNITED STATES.   I'm sure taking her to the market was producer manipulated, but her ignorant reaction wasn't.  

What is wrong with we Americans, who never leave the block? (and this is pre-COVID-19)

One of the best open air markets was at a flea market/food market in Florida.  The thought of having fresh fruits and veggies for the week, freshly picked......yes please.

7 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

First Look is up!

Family Libby suuuuucks. I would watch another four seasons of Family Chantel before a single episode of a Family Libby spin-off.

Considering how horrid they were....this is a STRONG statement, my friend!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Um Angela a person who cooks is a cook not a cooker.

Au contraire, said Merriam-Webster:  

Definition of cooker, one that cooks: such as

• a: a utensil, device, or apparatus for cooking
  • b: a person who tends a cooking process 
Edited by Kayz Opinion
BOLDING
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Um Larissa no one thinks of or describes you as ultra sexy.

Um Angela a person who cooks is a cook not a cooker.

Angela was thinking of a meth cooker.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Archaic.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Honestly, this entire episode seemed soooo scripted.  First, we have Libby's idiot dad and brother immediately grilling Andrei in the car and rolling their eyes at absolutely everything Moldovan.  I am not a huge Andrei fan but can you blame him for resenting them? The two of them just going on and on and on... "Dude, tell us.  Bro, come on; you didn't just leave your family to go to another place without a reason." Then all of the stupid American questions.  And the endless complaining... yes, sometimes airports are crowded. Yes, sometimes you have to walk a long way to get to your connecting gate.  Just SHUT UP already.  And Dad, you pose as the "protective Dad" but remember something: your daughter is a grown-ass woman, married with a child and you can just sit down about "protecting" her. That ship has sailed.

I started watching it (just five minutes in!) and I couldn't finish after Libby's brother and father were commenting that there were more departures than arrivals to Moldova. They will definitely embarrass and start shit, no doubt, especially once they're all together. Andrei's mother preparing a nice welcoming dinner for them makes me want to weep. They don't deserve it. Take them to stupid McDonald's. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 17

So, what does everybody think Andrei's leaving the Moldovan Police secret is? Apparently it's nothing he thought important enough to divulge to Libby. Or does she know? I remember the Coven saying that the country was corrupt, the police were corrupt, etc.  Then Andrei confirmed that when he talked about bribing them to get out of a ticket. Maybe he left the force because he has too much integrity? Nah! Maybe he narc-ed on some of his co-workers and had to leave the country until the coast was clear to return? Maybe he was fired for being lazy? Any other theories? 

1 hour ago, Gobi said:
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Warning if you haven't watched! We are treated to the graphic sight of Angela vomiting, but thankfully no Colt in his Speedo in the preview! 

Sounds like Angela saw it.

Somebody should splice those two scenes together! 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Warning if you haven't watched! We are treated to the graphic sight of Angela vomiting, but thankfully no Colt in his Speedo in the preview! 

I don't think it's right to body shame people because of their weight, but Speedos aren't for everybody.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Considering how horrid they were....this is a STRONG statement, my friend!

I've thought this through! Family Pedro and Family Chantel are both horrible so I don't feel bad when they are horrible to each other. But Parents Andrei seem so sweet it frustrates me to see Family Libby being disrespectful about Moldova.

• Love 24
11 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:
18 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Archaic.  

That I am (and just having a bit-o-fun).

6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think it's right to body shame people because of their weight, but Speedos aren't for everybody.

Often* Speedos are for those who are proud of their physiques ... and the completely clueless.  Jess is swallowing a lot of pride, guilt, and other stuff; she just might be earning that Green Card.

*Too often.

• Love 9
On 7/20/2020 at 4:53 PM, KateHearts said:

He is boring and bland and I'm sure just figures he'll play along to make a little extra cash. And what guy roommate says about his friend, "I'm afraid he'll get his heart broken"? 

A close roommate?  A very very close roommate?  Poor Eric isn't even a good actor; WHY is Production urging this sham?

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Often* Speedos are for those who are proud of their physiques ... and the completely clueless.  Jess is swallowing a lot of pride, guilt, and other stuff; she just might be earning that Green Card.

*Too often.

Speedos for men, the way-too-small swimsuits that some women wear.  Two reasons why we always get a private balcony on cruises and we NEVER go to the swimming pool deck if we can avoid it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Couldn’t you just wear something else? 😄

LOL.  Okay, I OBVIOUSLY wrote that incorrectly, and you zinged me for it.  (Rightfully so.)

To clarify!!!!

We see way too many people around the swimming pool deck who obviously do NOT have mirrors in their cabins.  We try so hard not to stare, point, or laugh . . . but we're old and not able to control ourselves as well as we used to.

So when we want to enjoy the sea air, we grab our books, go out on OUR balcony (in comfy clothes) and are distracted only by things like (non-human) whales or the motion of the sea.  We (not wanting to be the object of stares, pointing, or laughing ourselves) don't even usually take swimsuits on our cruises.  We're not "in the water" people; we're "ON the water" people (aka cruisers). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah I can’t imagine an apron that said Kiss the Cooker lol.

Interesting tidbit: I've read books by British and European authors who refer to the stove as the "cooker."

• Love 4
(edited)
46 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Interesting tidbit: I've read books by British and European authors who refer to the stove as the "cooker."

That is correct, we (and all our family) have cookers in our kitchens unless they're in two separate units and then it's the hob and the oven.  Neither unit is American-sized.  There are really big ones called range cookers (think Aga and the like).  But we'd no space in the kitchen for anything like that.

Edited by ThereButFor
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We see way too many people around the swimming pool deck who obviously do NOT have mirrors in their cabins.

There are many people like Coltee (men AND women) who HAVE mirrors, CHECK themselves in the mirrors ... and LOVE/ADORE what they see.  Their delusions make for my enjoyment...way too often.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 6

I dislike Colt and Jess, but I do think they make a good couple. Both are obnoxious, and usually two people like that don't mesh, but they really seem to get along well? I also think Jess has Debbie's number, and will win that game.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 7/20/2020 at 6:53 PM, KateHearts said:

First, we have Libby's idiot dad and brother immediately grilling Andrei in the car and rolling their eyes at absolutely everything Moldovan.  I am not a huge Andrei fan but can you blame him for resenting them? The two of them just going on and on and on... "Dude, tell us.  Bro, come on; you didn't just leave your family to go to another place without a reason." Then all of the stupid American questions.  And the endless complaining... yes, sometimes airports are crowded. Yes, sometimes you have to walk a long way to get to your connecting gate. 

I love all this.  Why are they badgering Andrei?  Some people like to move, not everyone likes where they grew up.  I had a cousin who moved to NYC and rarely came home.  Lots of people move, Father Libby!!!  Nothing nefarious.

• Love 14

I will be Team Andrei until I die.  Family Libby can suck it.  And I'm sure Libby knows everything.  Except for some posturing, I think they actually have a decent relationship when it's just them.

Colt's moobs look lovely in the pic of him in the red shirt before his scenes.  Who's the random German man at their house?  And I'm actually proud of how forward, and nice, Debbie was meeting the family.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
14 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Old fashioned or not, it's still used and not incorrect. We still use it here. My British husband's family does, too. 

If you google like 20 entries say it’s wrong and one says it’s a permissible alternate.

Libby's father Chuck has never left Tampa before visiting Moldova.  Yet

• Libby declares her family bougie.
  • One of the Coven provided sufficient notice to her family for her wedding in Belgium last year.

Did Chuck not attend another daughter's wedding, even if he paid it? 

It's also a little intriguing that Jenn is travelling with her mother, not Chuck and the brother, and two days later.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

Libby's father Chuck has never left Tampa before visiting Moldova.  Yet

• Libby declares her family bougie.
  • One of the Coven provided sufficient notice to her family for her wedding in Belgium last year.

Did Chuck not attend another daughter's wedding, even if he paid it? 

It's also a little intriguing that Jenn is travelling with her mother, not Chuck and the brother, and two days later.

The parents are divorced so that may have something to do with it.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Watched the 20 minute preview.

Libby's family gave off a bad impression - first, lost luggage. Then going on about things American - is there a Walmart, is there an Amazon. Uh, there might be an Asda or its equivalent (the European Walmart) or stuff has to be ordered and shipped. Then they got too interested in Andreii's past. Let him talk about his past when he feels like sharing. Bombarding him with questions to get something out of him will not work. Go to his parents for dinner and then to the hotel or airbnb and then maybe see a little bit of Moldova.  So Andreii was a cop. Detective? At so young an age? Wonder what did happen but it is not our business at this time.

At least Debbie was polite about meeting Jess' family. She didn't care for the father, though. He was weird. Hmmmmm. Look at yourself. Jess is looking to stay in the US and Colt is her option right now. Debbie just cares for her Colt investment and she isn't going to give that up any time soon.

I probably would have been Angela at that meat market. Being hot outside, not feeling all that well would make me vomit too. We didn't have to see that. No, Michael's mother probably would not like pizza. She could have made, with Michael's help, the rice dish he was looking at. Ange will have a hard time adjusting to life in Nigeria.

• Love 9
On 7/21/2020 at 2:57 PM, Neurochick said:

If the shamee is big fat man-boobed mamma’s boy in a Speedo, body shaming is required. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
(edited)

I do not know what Jess sees in Colt but as long they are happy, that is all that matters but Colt telling his mom that Jess is loud at sex is gross

Libby’s family are assholes, Andreli may be immature at times but I am going to feel bad for him when they become in-laws

Do we need to see Angela’s spit? All they do is fight so call off the marriage so Michael can go back to his women and Angela can go back to her family and enjoy the single life or find a new man

I do not care to comment on Larissa, Tania, and  Kalani since their storylines are boring so far 

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 5
(edited)

I'm hoping Libby's family acting like that is more producer shenanigans, and lines they're acting out, but I wouldn't be surprised at how narrow minded anyone is.     I have relatives that barely ever went anywhere outside of the area they lived in, and took their own food, because they don't trust other people to cook food the way they like it.    So I can easily imagine Libby's family demanding the same food they get at the drive thru at home.      Why would you need to order from Amazon in Moldova anyway, they do have stores there.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

I think Libby’s family is strange and awful with the rare exception of her father being kind to his father while he was there. It seems odd that they are looking at this trip as a fact finding mission, as if Andrrrrei hasn’t been married to the little princess for two years and had a baby with him. Father Libby called himself protective. I thought he and the bro were rude and obnoxious from the moment they blew in. More of Libster’s family tree on the way should be interesting.  

• Love 16

Who knows. Maybe the Family Libby—or a friend of Family Libby’s, reads blind gossip sites like I do, and read the one about Andrei. Actually, if they were that concerned, and seeing how they have endless money to blow, they could’ve done a background check like the Family Chantel did. 

• Love 3
On 7/20/2020 at 7:53 PM, KateHearts said:

Honestly, this entire episode seemed soooo scripted.  First, we have Libby's idiot dad and brother immediately grilling Andrei in the car and rolling their eyes at absolutely everything Moldovan.  I am not a huge Andrei fan but can you blame him for resenting them? The two of them just going on and on and on... "Dude, tell us.  Bro, come on; you didn't just leave your family to go to another place without a reason." Then all of the stupid American questions. 

I'm super surprised Andrei didn't shoot back: "Hey Chuck, why did you go to jail the one time?" Chuck wondering why Andrei left Moldova and hiding something is the pot calling the kettle black.

More ugly American attitude - Angela. First she tells Michael that it's her way or the highway or he can shove the green card up his ass. Then she's "no Nigerian woman" who cooks. How about being partners and learning to cook a simple Nigerian meal together?  Then she gets grossed out at the market causing a scene. Like seriously. Where does she think her "Thank God for America" food at the supermarket comes from? I mean I am not a fan of goat and they could have substituted beef, chicken or pork in the dish for the goat.  But Angela again displays the ugly side of an American - her god given right to expect the same conditions outside of the States and her imagined American elitism.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ange will have a hard time adjusting to life in Nigeria.

Ha ha ha!  Angela adjusting to anyone or anything, ha, ha, ha, FROZENDIVA, you are hilarious! Didn't you know, she is an American, none of that bullshit "understanding other cultures," for her!

Goat head dinners would give me pause too, remember when we first got acquainted with those two love birds and Mah-kul took Angela to a lovely little plastic chair bistro and served her something un-American in a cow hoof, yeah, we still have that lovable Smurfette Angela, her charming inability to see things any way but hers.  Cow hoof dinners would again, give me pause too.

• Love 3

Angela is trying to look big, though and intimidating, but it's just an act. She's covering up that deep down, she's a giant snowflake that gets over-the-top triggered at the most innocuous things. Even gullible Jenny has more internal fortitude than wimpy Angela. Thank God for America which keeps her safe from *gasp* bulk rice displays and supplied with pizza and cigarettes. 

• Love 10