Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: The Best Mistake Of My Life

• Start Topic

I have a 28 year old daughter, and I would think that if I asked her boyfriend/husband what he did for a living, either in the U.S. or in another country, that he'd have a definitive answer for me, and it shouldn't be a big deal.  If he was shifty about it, or a smartass, I don't think I'd let up either.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 7/26/2020 at 7:42 AM, AZChristian said:

We have a running joke in our family . . . that I don't go anywhere that there isn't a Walmart.  It's a JOKE, not truth.  

My first cruise was to Mexico.  We laughed ourselves silly when we opened the curtains the morning that we docked in Puerta Vallarta.  There was a Walmart across the street from the pier.  Yep, okay to go to PV!!!

The PV Walmart is where all of the cruise crew members go when they are in port - they love when they get to hit PV because the Walmart is so close.  LOL  I also heard it's the best place to buy mexican vanilla.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Here I go again defending Deb. What is happening to me? 

Anyway, I feel that everything she has said so far about Coltee and Jess' relationship is right on. Why the rush? Why do you have to get married right away? Why talk of kids, you hardly know each other? I don't see anything wrong with these questions. She sees that her son is a big fekkin' moron and she's questioning why he would want to jump right back in to the same mess he was in with Larissa. Only he can't see it. Because again, moron. Jess clearly wants something from Colt. A green card. She's been pushing for it since the beginning of showing us their meet up in Chicago. She is a loud, pushy, overbearing, snotty, spoiled little bitch. Colt better watch it closely with this one because I have a feeling she's going to make him her baby daddy real soon. 

If Colt really wanted to he could move out and get a place of his own just a few miles away and check in on his mom daily with phone calls or a visit or what ever. Deb will get used to it. I think the reason he stays is financial on both of their parts. Also, Deb cooks and cleans for him so he's not going anywhere anytime soon.  

This X1000.  Yes, Deb and Colt have an unhealthy relationship.  That being said, Jess is HORRIBLE.  I am so sick of her fake ass laugh.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Since he uses the same loofah on his ass and his face maybe it’s for the best that he doesn’t cook or clean.

Oh Lort, here come the horrifying flashbacks of his shower from the self-quarantined episode. Bleagh. 🤢

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Pole had a business for a minute training police dogs I think? 

Translated: Pole was the guy they put in the protective gear to sic the dogs on when they're training. I can 100% picture a bewildered Pole with a fifty yard head start and a bewildered look that turns to terror as he breathlessly tries to run faster when he hears the guy releasing the german shepherd yelling "Balls, Chainsaw, balls!" as the dog closes in on him. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 10:53 PM, jacksgirl said:

Larissa knows the word pejorative? I call Shenanigans!

I turned to hubby and said, "Wait, she used the word pejorative?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, magemaud said:

And she’s a super sexy nerd who dreams of becoming a lawyer 

LOL, that was a very sneaky winner of this week's "headscratching comment" contest. Also props to whoever called out Coltie's ridiculous "hangover" look. Honestly guys, how hard is it to just go get him drunk enough to BE hungover? Come on production team.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

She said she hasn't had a period for several years.

Maybe not medical help in general, but just the hysterectomy as the treatment?  I was researching Christian healthshare programs as an alternative to traditional medical insurance, and found a provision in one that for a woman's hysterectomy to be considered for sharing (reimbursed) she had to get a second opinion from a physician authorized by the healthshare ministry.  Not a single other procedure required that.

I had my fibroids worked on back when you had to fight not to have a hysterectomy.  Had a doctor refuse to see me again as a patient if I chose to have an embolization.  So I have a history of earnestly avoiding a hysterectomy, and yet the provision in the healthshare program still grated mightily.

I cannot handle the smell of the seafood section in U.S. grocery stores, so I suspect I would have been suffering in that market.  And when I'm in Chinatown, I make an effort not to look in store windows because I know what I'm likely to see hanging there.  Plus it looked hotter than hell where she was.  I would have been suffering.  But in silence, of course.  Or just removed myself from the premises, without histrionics.

So I was feeling it...until she reached for a cigarette.  The thought of a cigarette being the antidote to a smelly market with goat heads staring at you really made me want to gag.

Chinese food has been turning me off.  The last two times the duck sauce was rancid.  While I’m eating, I’m not enjoying for some reason.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Also props to whoever called out Coltie's ridiculous "hangover" look. Honestly guys, how hard is it to just go get him drunk enough to BE hungover? Come on production team.

I can picture the crew on the other side of the door saying, "Let's juhzz up his hair so it looks disheveled to make people think he is hungover" then Colt tells Debbie he conveniently "doesn't remember what happened last night."

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Lol!  My husband cleans WAY better than I do.  I hate cleaning.  He can make it spotless in 10 minutes, while if I had spent an hour on it, it wouldn’t be as clean.  His mom is OCD clean so he learned from her lol. 

I would love a cleaning lady to come in just to do the kitchen and bathrooms.  I’ve had spine surgery and two hip replacementS in a short period of them and can’t bend.  My husband doesn’t clean, but does the shopping and laundry, but I cook and that’s enough.  All you young girls .. have a blast now that you can.  When you get older, everything goes to shit.  Just sayin.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Those two studs, Eric-y and his roommate, have a big red mug that says, "Hot Mama."  Yet, it's Larissa whom everyone thinks is ultra-sexy.  Maybe it's the halo effect.  

Larissa acts like she's the homeowner.  She tells the roommate that she thinks he'll be a good roommate and he must behave while she's on probation.  (Eric asks why she's on probation, as if he doesn't know.)  Then, she orders a bed and talks about putting her touch on everything with redecorating.  

I also love how there is zero discussion with the roommate about bringing Larissa in.  A real convo would be, "let me see if my roommate is okay with you staying here."

• Love 4
On 7/20/2020 at 7:53 PM, KateHearts said:

Honestly, this entire episode seemed soooo scripted.  First, we have Libby's idiot dad and brother immediately grilling Andrei in the car and rolling their eyes at absolutely everything Moldovan.  I am not a huge Andrei fan but can you blame him for resenting them? The two of them just going on and on and on... "Dude, tell us.  Bro, come on; you didn't just leave your family to go to another place without a reason." Then all of the stupid American questions.  And the endless complaining... yes, sometimes airports are crowded. Yes, sometimes you have to walk a long way to get to your connecting gate.  Just SHUT UP already.  And Dad, you pose as the "protective Dad" but remember something: your daughter is a grown-ass woman, married with a child and you can just sit down about "protecting" her. That ship has sailed.

Next comes Angela, acting as if she has never set foot in Nigeria before and has absolutely no clue about how they eat or shop.  "I'm used to air conditioning and things in cans."  Dear god.  "We'll just order a pizza!"  And all of her blundering and blustering about being an AMERICAN WOMAN and when Michael's family comes to HER APARTMENT they are AMERICAN.  That's some really idiotic shit. And what is it about acting like cooking is some sort of menial task that is beneath her?  The puking and retching was over the top. 

Finally Larissa.  I am convinced that her calling him "Erickee" is at this point producer driven ("hey, it's so cute how you put 'ee' on names! Do it all the time!") He is boring and bland and I'm sure just figures he'll play along to make a little extra cash. And what guy roommate says about his friend, "I'm afraid he'll get his heart broken"?  Larissa mentioned that Erickee "broke her trust" before. What... wait; didn't she say she broke up with him because he was boring and didn't like sex? Like they were just friends? But now that he's pried his wallet open a bit more she's got her eyes on the prize: a free place to stay and a new set of bolt-ons.  She needs to go away.

Hmmmmm, I'm not convinced Eric is straight.  Or his roomie is

I agree on the fakery.  I believe Andrei's family are zenophobes. I also believe they are asked to play it up.

I believe the Angela is pulling stuff out of her ass to create drama and stay employed.

• Love 6
On 7/27/2020 at 8:56 AM, magemaud said:

If Michael's mother was concerned about Angela bringing him to America to "be a slave", after that pizza party there should be no doubt in her mind that's exactly what's in store for him. Angela is grooming him to be a servant who cooks, does laundry, housework and babysits six kids by day and services her bedroom needs by night.

Good on Mama Michael for eating the pizza without making a scene and not spitting it out into someone else's mouth. 

Even though it was Usman's mother who had these concerns, Angela went out of her way to emasculate and humiliate Mykul. When the doorbell rang, he was going to answer but Angela made it a point that she wanted the mom and aunt to see him cooking and working. She is insufferable and I can't fathom why Mykul stays with her. She won't let him work (so when he said her money is his money, I don't think he's wrong), and says the apartment is hers, etc because they're not married yet. She wants to control him and have the final say in everything. It was hard to watch this and not feel disgusted. She proclaims big love for Mama Mykul but the amount of disrespect can't be overlooked. I guess she didn't feel embarrassed, throwing a pizza on the table and talking with her mouth full. She has zero self awareness, just barrels on through because she loudest and bigger/stronger/controls the money. I don't understand why TLC keeps bringing her back and lets her keep abusing Mykul. 

• Love 13

"I can't believe they cooked all this food in that super tiny little kitchen!"

This was actually the only moment where I kind of liked Father Libby. He sounded genuinely admiring of the skill involved, plus flattered that they had gone to that effort. Anyone besides a strict vegan would look at that table and think, "Wow! Where's my plate?" It made me want to fly to Moldova immediately. Plus, it looked pretty straightforward to an American eye. Even someone from Tampa knows meat, cheese, chicken, and bread when he sees them. It's not like Indian or Ethiopian food where everything is chopped and sauced, so the uninitiated Westerner might only recognize the rice.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, zenme said:

I have a 28 year old daughter, and I would think that if I asked her boyfriend/husband what he did for a living, either in the U.S. or in another country, that he'd have a definitive answer for me, and it shouldn't be a big deal.  If he was shifty about it, or a smartass, I don't think I'd let up either.  

But would you keep pushing it at a dinner where you're meeting his family for the first time?

• Love 7
On 7/27/2020 at 1:09 PM, Silver Bells said:

If I was Paul’s wife, I would have him take me to Walmart, buy some disinfectant, curtains, Clorox and clean that place up ASAP.  Did they have a crib?  She just stands there.  Man can’t clean like a woman.  That refridge was not clean enough.  I didn’t read all the posts yet, so don’t know what everyone is saying.  I’m going to page 1 now.

Well Paul has a not-cleaning, stand around or lie on the bed kinda woman. We all know that cute studio will be a hoarded, dog-haired hovel. 

On 7/27/2020 at 2:35 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Poor Larissa has cheesy butt and doesn’t shower.  

Larissa is beating Danielle for the stinky nether regions. 

23 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Kalani's eye rolling at everything Ansuelu says is getting on my last nerve. I can't stand either of them. 

Speaking of Kalani's eyes, in her TH she gets a stupid sad cow look, whispering "I don't know where our relationship stands." She looks half-drugged, idk. But those baby boys need to man up pdq. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Kalani's eye rolling at everything Ansuelu says is getting on my last nerve. I can't stand either of them. 

or, as Asuelu will call it, "eye scrolling" 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Kangatush said:

But would you keep pushing it at a dinner where you're meeting his family for the first time?

Of course not. There’s a time and place for everything. Libby’s family are just trash with money. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

If Paul, Ansuelu, Andrie are expected to provide, they need an education.

Didn't Andrei say something about going to college? I recall being very surprised when he said it. 

Yes, I think they said he spent five years in college, and then worked some kind of desk job for the police for one year, but not a street cop.  I remember he said detective or investigator, but it sounds more like a clerk job of some kind. 

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, I think they said he spent five years in college, and then worked some kind of desk job for the police for one year, but not a street cop.  I remember he said detective or investigator, but it sounds more like a clerk job of some kind. 

Unless it's an international college, it won't mean shit in the US. You have to go to international college for the credits to transfer. Otherwise, it's just local-based vocational and means nothing globally.

My friends went to school in Peru-- they have no international colleges in Peru, so an education is only going to be good there-- no where else,  so they need to start over in the US. Some colleges are international, but they are mostly in India, China, and the Asian countries. Not much in South America-- maybe Brazil?

Edited by bravofan27
On 7/27/2020 at 6:40 PM, DanaMB said:

I hate to say this, because I hate violence, but I love how he stands up in the preview when the brother bows up. I’d love to see Andrei knock him out. punchable face indeed. 

Watching this ep again on Pillow Talk, I am further disgusted by the brother's sneering and laughing in the car ride, every time looking over at Libby, as if she's in on it--or trying to bring her into this humiliation of her husband.

I too liked the jutting jaw and clenched fists when Andre stood up to fight the jerk brother.  And I take great pleasure in reminding myself that Andre was a bouncer.

• Love 13
(edited)

I was a SAHM, and I know how hard this job is.  I wonder about Andrei, though--is he doing what I did?  Is he doing all the laundry, the cleaning, the grocery shopping (plus all the little miscellaneous errands, like going to the post office, the bank), cooking, pediatrician appointments, etc., etc., etc.?  Maybe I'm misjudging him, but I have a feeling that he is staying home with the baby, feeding and changing her, maybe playing with her, maybe bathing her, probably putting her down for a nap, but until I learn otherwise, I'm not willing to call him a SAHD.  I heard someone say "Dads aren't supposed to *help*" but I suspect that's what Andrei is doing.

I would love to be shown I'm wrong.

Edited by Mothra
how many times do you need to go to the post office anyway?
  • Love 6
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Well Tania did take that one class in the jungle for a couple of months so there's that!  Lol

OMG. What a crock of shit. The one thing she could do without her foot, and she's saying she can't work cuz she can't bartend. It's like, "Didn't you train to be the county (family) witch doctor?" Where's your business spitting herbal water on people and throwing around flower blossoms and wearing a robe or whatever? You can't just bring centuries worth of culture back to a completely differently functioning place and be a doctor. If Tania really wants to be a shaman she needs to stay in the indigenous worlds and emerge herself in that. Cuz the US-- there are too many competing placebo effects. She doesn't stand a chance.

I guess she underestimated her drive to market this shaman gig she had planned. Syngin doesn't seem too into it either. What the fuck did she leave for if she just came back to bartend? (Oh yeah, super cheap drugs and cheap living).

This show should be titled, "No College? Big Problem!"

Edited by bravofan27
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 7/27/2020 at 8:08 PM, lilysmom said:

I couldn't help but notice that Colte's left moob was just out there searching for the sun, while the right one was strategically draped with his shirt, not even making a brief appearance. Artistically reminded me of so many of those classic Greek statues. 

Also, when I was a child, one of the things I really enjoyed for some reason, was when my mom would be vacuuming and she would take the hose and pull my hair into it. It would then stand on end, much like Colt's the morning after the dinner party. I wonder if Jess was doing any vacuuming??

Yes. With her mouth on his penis. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, IvySpice said:

This was actually the only moment where I kind of liked Father Libby. He sounded genuinely admiring of the skill involved, plus flattered that they had gone to that effort. Anyone besides a strict vegan would look at that table and think, "Wow! Where's my plate?" It made me want to fly to Moldova immediately. Plus, it looked pretty straightforward to an American eye. Even someone from Tampa knows meat, cheese, chicken, and bread when he sees them. It's not like Indian or Ethiopian food where everything is chopped and sauced, so the uninitiated Westerner might only recognize the rice.

i think it was one of those backhanded compliments.  He could've just said "wow, what an amazing meal."  It's like when someone has a small house and the compliment is "cute house."

On 7/25/2020 at 4:24 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I had to laugh at Libby's family whining about walking long distances in airports.   Haven't they ever been to Newark, JFK, Atlanta, or Dulles?    

I thought that was a dig at the small Moldovan airport.

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Mothra said:

I was a SAHM, and I know how hard this job is.  I wonder about Andrei, though--is he doing what I did?  Is he doing all the laundry, the cleaning, the grocery shopping (plus all the little miscellaneous errands, like going to the post office, the bank), cooking, pediatrician appointments, etc., etc., etc.?  Maybe I'm misjudging him, but I have a feeling that he is staying home with the baby, feeding and changing her, maybe playing with her, maybe bathing her, probably putting her down for a nap, but until I learn otherwise, I'm not willing to call him a SAHD.  I heard someone say "Dads aren't supposed to *help*" but I suspect that's what Andrei is doing.

I would love to be shown I'm wrong.

Nevermind!

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Are you saying that because someone works in an office, they shouldn't contribute to things like laundry, grocery shopping and other things?  Watching an infant is strenuous work.  It shouldn't mean that the SAH parent does EVERYTHING in the household.  (Sorry that sounded ruder than I meant it to be!)

Absolutely not!  I was recounting what *I* did as a SAHM and wondering if Andrei did the same.  I agree that the parent who goes out to work has at least some responsibility when it comes to keeping a household running, but study after study has shown that whether the father or the mother is the one staying at home, the mother ends up doing the bulk of household chores--which is why I mentioned fathers "helping."  From a Gallup poll in March of this year:

As working mothers in the U.S. continue to fight for equality in the workplace, many are also simultaneously and disproportionately handling key domestic chores on the home front. In households where married or partnered mothers and fathers both work full time, the wives are more likely than their husbands to take the lead on everything from doing laundry, cleaning, shopping for groceries, and preparing meals, to planning family activities, caring for children and furnishing the house.  https://news.gallup.com/poll/286739/working-moms-little-reprieve-household-demands.aspx

Given Andrei's hyper-masculine view of himself, I think it's reasonable to believe he might believe in stereotypical male/female roles in the family.

But as I say, I'd love to be shown I'm wrong--about Andrei in particular.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Absolutely not!  I was recounting what *I* did as a SAHM and wondering if Andrei did the same.  I agree that the parent who goes out to work has at least some responsibility when it comes to keeping a household running, but study after study has shown that whether the father or the mother is the one staying at home, the mother ends up doing the bulk of household chores--which is why I mentioned fathers "helping."  From a Gallup poll in March of this year:

As working mothers in the U.S. continue to fight for equality in the workplace, many are also simultaneously and disproportionately handling key domestic chores on the home front. In households where married or partnered mothers and fathers both work full time, the wives are more likely than their husbands to take the lead on everything from doing laundry, cleaning, shopping for groceries, and preparing meals, to planning family activities, caring for children and furnishing the house.  https://news.gallup.com/poll/286739/working-moms-little-reprieve-household-demands.aspx

Given Andrei's hyper-masculine view of himself, I think it's reasonable to believe he might believe in stereotypical male/female roles in the family.

But as I say, I'd love to be shown I'm wrong--about Andrei in particular.

Yeah, sorry -- I thought to myself as soon as I posted that isn't what you were trying to say so I apologize for how I came across!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

i think it was one of those backhanded compliments.  He could've just said "wow, what an amazing meal."  It's like when someone has a small house and the compliment is "cute house."

My thinking is that it is a small airport, but they deboarded far from the airport itself and had to walk to the airport. Apparently, they had to walk far, and they were probably freaked out.

28 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

My thinking is that it is a small airport, but they deboarded far from the airport itself and had to walk to the airport. Apparently, they had to walk far, and they were probably freaked out.

He said the long walk was in Frankfort to make the connecting flight.  Also they were mocking how small the Moldova airport was so it wouldn’t have long walks.

• Love 3

I actually enjoyed the scene of Libby’s father and brother in the car as they left the airport asking questions.  I can’t believe Libby hasn’t inquired more into why A left his homeland.  
Michael stating that her money is his money was a sore point with me.  Uh, no, her money is her money.  That said, Ang says she is “done” way too often and then in the next scene Michael is leading her around again.  I can’t keep up with the drama except to know that she knows how to keep herself relevant.

1 hour ago, Colfrmb said:

I actually enjoyed the scene of Libby’s father and brother in the car as they left the airport asking questions.  I can’t believe Libby hasn’t inquired more into why A left his homeland.  
Michael stating that her money iYes his money was a sore point with me.  Uh, no, her money is her money.  That said, Ang says she is “done” way too often and then in the next scene Michael is leading her around again.  I can’t keep up with the drama except to know that she knows how to keep herself relevant.

That statement "your money is my money" sums up why he's in that relationship.  Not that she has a lot but sounds like it's much more than Michael!  

And yes, I've noticed the people that scream "I'm DONE" truly never are.  Moments after that declaration doesn't give them the attention they hoped, they want to pretend they never said it.

• Love 5
On 7/27/2020 at 8:45 PM, Irsel32 said:

Of all the ignorant things Chuck and Charlie said, this takes the cake.  If there are no arrivals, idiots, then how did you get there?!?

A little louder for the ones in the back. I kept yelling just this at the tv.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:48 PM, Meowwww said:

Lol!  My husband cleans WAY better than I do.  I hate cleaning.  He can make it spotless in 10 minutes, while if I had spent an hour on it, it wouldn’t be as clean.  His mom is OCD clean so he learned from her lol. 

My husband is an amazing cleaner and told me not long after we were married he didn’t know why I cleaned since he’d clean behind me. Alrighty then. 15 years later he tried to change up the rules. Momma didn’t fall for that.

I think Debbie is loving with Colt because her social security does not allow her to support herself. My aunt is on Ss and makes less than $1200 a month so she lives with her son. I suspect it’s similar with them. I’m with Debbie in Brazil. Colt has already shown poor decision making skills when it comes to Brazilian women and I do not like the redheaded braying ass of a Brazilian he’s with now. His ex can leave my TV yesterday.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

The 90 Day team should have produced the show in the style of House Hunters, with Family Pol looking at 3 shit holes, saying things like, “Where’s my stainless steel? You know I need my stainless steel!” Or, “This is my closet! I don’t know where you’re putting your stuff!” I would’ve enjoyed that.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, zenme said:

The 90 Day team should have produced the show in the style of House Hunters, with Family Pol looking at 3 shit holes, saying things like, “Where’s my stainless steel? You know I need my stainless steel!” Or, “This is my closet! I don’t know where you’re putting your stuff!”

Well, the first place definitely had "open concept" and Karine could "put her own stamp on it." 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I just did a deep dive through Aseulu's social media and I am really frustrated. The only thing real life and this season have in common is that their names are Kalani and Aseulu. I'm going to try to collect all the big things and put them in the couple's thread. I'm not real sure how to proceed further with the season, though. I now think all of it, from the Moldovan drama to Jess' insatiable drive for Colt, is fake. The only thing I believe is that Karine really is having trouble setting in and Eric-ee is probably a serious asshole.

• Love 6
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 9:22 AM, Boo Boo said:

I was guffawing at that.  My husband is from a small town in North Dakota.  The airport in his town looks like a small house and there is one short landing strip.  The Moldovan airport looks palatial in comparison.

• Love 3