Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: Not Feeling Jovani

• Start Topic

(edited)
56 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Maybe that's why Bethenny flipped out every time she was at BSM: She couldn't handle all those bold colors. 🤣

LOL, I actually know minimalists like this.  They get anxiety when they see a lot of decor and knickknacks and things.  They want to rip things off of the wall because they just want to see blankness.  (Cue memories of Ramona doing that at BSM)

I honestly like everyone's decorating style because it's so unique to each person.  Dorinda's maximalism, Bethenny's ultra modern, Carole's chic, Luann's French country or whatever it is, and even Ramona's, which everyone seems to hate.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

I see both sides of Lu vs. Sonja in the court of cabaret. On one hand, absolutely, Lu's cabaret is her project that she developed and grew. It's her show, she calls the shots. On the other hand, I know that the show 50/50 kind of sucks. The show has mixed reviews, and it's not all Lu on the bill.

Regardless of who the friends are in "Countess and Friends", Sonja is the friend with the notoriety. I absolutely believe that having Sonja in the show would increase ticket sales, and I would love to see a tandem act with Luann and Sonja. I would buy a ticket for that, but not for Just Lu (c. Jack McFarland). ETA: I think Sonja would deserve a cut of the ticket sales for any show in which she was featured. That would be fair.

That being said, I definitely get how Luann would see that as Sonja riding her coattails and possibly overshadowing the performance with her over the top behavior. I think Sonja is more fun than Luann. Luann takes cabaret too seriously and Sonja doesn't take anything seriously at all. If Lu ever concedes to a reboot and an actual collaboration, Sonja's her gal.  

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I thought the same, and then I realized that Sonja was talking about her age when the photos were taken, LOL!!  

Instead of those vanity photos on a revolving frame stand, Sonja should have several mirrors around, so that she will hopefully realize that she's NOT that somewhat attractive young "girl about town" anymore.  She should realize that she is a bloated, over-drinking, pathetic, 50-something woman who is living in a dream world.

(Although - seeing her briefly on WWHL, I'd like to know where the heck Sonja went in Palm Springs - whatever they did, they worked miracles on her!!  Aside from the ridiculous eyelashes, Sonja looked amazing!)

I'm pretty sure it was We Care Holistic Health Center. I used to go there many years ago when it was sort of funky since then the second generation has taken over and  there seems to be many well know people that hid out there. They won't say they're a weight loss center but you will lose weight and they have lots of spa, heath and beauty procedures you can add to their colonics and fasting diet.

• Useful 10
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I can't even remember what they are fighting about.

Neither can they.

11 hours ago, ichbin said:

Jill Zarin made an appearance on WWHL tonight and seemed to be on great terms with Andy.  I can see Andy bringing her back, even if only as a “friend of“ as a way to generate interest next season.  

At the very least, I don't see Jill getting sloppy drunk every episode. That in itself would be a refreshing break from the rest of them.

• Love 22

Did anyone else notice how physically awkward Luann was when she was trying to spoon the shark in the fish room? Was that about facing the camera or mic packs or what? Shoes on the bed? I couldn't figure it out. I think there was more than one take as well because there was more than one lipstick print on him but we only saw her kiss him once. I did think it was cute that Dorinda put the fish the bed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

When I first saw that Sonja only gets paid 200 dollars I thought it was unfair, but, isn't she only for 5 minutes? Isn't she only on at the end when Lu sings Money Can't Buy You Class? Getting 200 bucks for 5 minutes of "work" is fine by me. 

Does Sonja bring in more tickets? Maybe, maybe not, I don't think she's more of a name that LuAnn, and I bet 200 dollars that LuAnn doesn't think so either, so her fee might be more symbolic than actual compensation for her services. 

I think all the NYC housewives are pretty even in terms of fame, but if LuAnn brought someone like Denise Richards or Lisa Rinna, you know, someone who is arguably more famous than her and did an actual skit with an actual script, then I could see them getting paid more. 

From what I understood from the fight is that LuAnn pays more to the Broadway actors and musicians, as she should, so at least I'm happy that she understands the contributions from real talent, even if she's not talented herself LOL. 

I have to admit that, even though I didn't think much of her, I miss Tinsley. Is it wrong that I want her to get pregnant and then divorce Scott so she could come back to NY? Hey, don't judge me this is a tv show for me, I don't really care what happens to them in real life. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I find it hard to feel sorry for Dorinda's stress during the remodeling and repair of BSM.  Although I'm sure it WAS stressful and I don't deny it, I just can't feel sorry for her since it all comes from a very privileged situation.  I am not a fan of her taste at all and i think that those furnishings are a mish mash of style that is just ugly to me.   I do love the architecture and the setting but her IMO vulgar taste spoils it.   That being said, I'm sure people have things to say about my taste too as this is totally subjective.   I used to like Dorinda the most until we started to see more of her on the show. Nothing can excuse her mean streak IMO and she enjoys causing pain on others.   She is not as self centered as the others but not really that much better. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Doublemint said:

I am a professional jazz singer in the NY area.   $250 is very, very generous for Sonya's 5 minutes of bullshit.   The musicians are playing all night and making much less than that.   She was way out of line asking for more.   Lou was doing her a favor, not the other way at all!

1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I see both sides of Lu vs. Sonja in the court of cabaret. On one hand, absolutely, Lu's cabaret is her project that she developed and grew. It's her show, she calls the shots. On the other hand, I know that the show 50/50 kind of sucks. The show has mixed reviews, and it's not all Lu on the bill.

Regardless of who the friends are in "Countess and Friends", Sonja is the friend with the notoriety. I absolutely believe that having Sonja in the show would increase ticket sales, and I would love to see a tandem act with Luann and Sonja. I would buy a ticket for that, but not for Just Lu (c. Jack McFarland). ETA: I think Sonja would deserve a cut of the ticket sales for any show in which she was featured. That would be fair.

That being said, I definitely get how Luann would see that as Sonja riding her coattails and possibly overshadowing the performance with her over the top behavior. I think Sonja is more fun than Luann. Luann takes cabaret too seriously and Sonja doesn't take anything seriously at all. If Lu ever concedes to a reboot and an actual collaboration, Sonja's her gal.  

So I just come back to what DoubleMint says above. If she, a professional jazz singer in the area thinks that $250 is generous for Sonja's five minutes of Sonja-ness on stage, then I think that Sonja is being paid a fair wage. She's not the entire show, she's one small portion of it. Sonja may think that she's worth more but the fact is that the market sets the price, and she's probably not. 

I wouldn't pay one red cent to see either of them, alone or together, so I am not their target market. But their target market seems to care more about Lu than Sonja and Lu is the one incurring the risk of the show, in general, so I have no problem with her pushing back on Sonja's incredibly self-aggrandizement. 

• Love 13

I am incredulous that I really liked Lu’s TH makeup application! Usually someone cakes it on, and she ends up looking really masculine. But in my opinion, she looked absolutely CUTE in her DIY THs. Her eyes. Pretty. I hope this continues after the quarantine.

• Love 13

If Sonja thinks she is worth more she can get an agent and negotiate a better contract.  It’s not like Luann is writing her a personal check.  Or maybe she is.  I guess I don’t know for certain.  And does Sonja do the traveling show (when it was on tour), or is she just a part of the local cast?

• Love 7

I remember how angry Bethenny was when Sonja tried to start “Tipsy Girl”. Beth referred to it as a cheater brand. The problem is that most of Sonja’s businesses seem to be cheater brands whether it is wine, clothing lines or appearing in somebody else’s stage act. Sonja either has zero business instincts or is too lazy to do the work needed to launch an original product. It’s too bad she didn’t pursue the toaster oven cookbook. That may have gone somewhere. 

• Love 17
15 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Blah blah blah my mansion broke and I had to redecorate will no one understand my pain?

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind a house in the Bezerkshires and the money to fix it up.  Cry me a River. She cries like she did the work herself. So she called some contractors and wrote some checks.

• Love 13
(edited)
12 minutes ago, janiema said:

I remember how angry Bethenny was when Sonja tried to start “Tipsy Girl”. Beth referred to it as a cheater brand. The problem is that most of Sonja’s businesses seem to be cheater brands whether it is wine, clothing lines or appearing in somebody else’s stage act. Sonja either has zero business instincts or is too lazy to do the work needed to launch an original product. It’s too bad she didn’t pursue the toaster oven cookbook. That may have gone somewhere. 

I put money on too lazy but I do agree with you that the toaster oven cookbook, while gimmicky, could have actually been a niche out of which she could have carved out some success.  Lu is herself many obnoxious things, but I don't think she's lazy and she's certainly put in the work to make the cabaret show a success.  Had Sonja had any sense of persistence and discipline whatsoever, she probably could have done something with the toaster oven thing. But she doesn't, so she tries to cling on to the success of others, like some sort of Upper East Side parasitic organism. 

I mean, she said it last night. She doesn't really want to work, she still thinks she can make a living off of her looks and sexuality. I'm not sure she'll ever really accept that that ship has long past sailed. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Useful 2
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, charliesan said:

When I first saw that Sonja only gets paid 200 dollars I thought it was unfair, but, isn't she only for 5 minutes? Isn't she only on at the end when Lu sings Money Can't Buy You Class? Getting 200 bucks for 5 minutes of "work" is fine by me. 

Two hundred bucks to show her pantyless crotch ain’t too bad.  She’ll probably wear that red dress that flies open in the front, then falls off.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think Sonja summed it up when she mentioned how much mileage she gets on her ASS.  This is not a person who loves real work.  Many of the other wives regardless of how I feel about them show they can work and make something out of it.   Sonja has banked on her good looks to get through life but she does not demonstrate that she accomplished much more. 

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

You would be surprised how little people get paid to perform Off Broadway if they get paid at all.

$250 is very generous for what she does.

Honestly. 

I did some off-off-Broadway. They paid for our subway ride. That’s it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

You would be surprised how little people get paid to perform Off Broadway if they get paid at all.

$250 is very generous for what she does.

Yes - I have friends who do Cabaret and they lose money - they are NOT in in for the money.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

How many performances a week is Sonja in Lu's show? Are we talking an occasional appearance or every night for the run? Honestly, I think Sonja has more natural stage presence than Lu, although I wouldn't pay to see either one of them. 

Edited by QQQQ
  • Love 4
(edited)

Ramona is bratty and self absorbed, but if these other ladies are delusional enough to believe that they aren’t as well, then they are crazier than Ramona.  I remember for all the love/hate between Bethenny and Ramona, Bethenny did say, that Ramona did have a lot of friends.  She mentioned she knew many of them, so it may be an exaggeration, but with Bethenny saying that, She made me believe it’s true.  She said something about all the ladies that lunch with Ramona.  

I’m really disappointed in Dorinda.  Luanne was right, Dorinda is in a dark place.  I always thought Dorinda was interesting and passionate at times, but not mean.  She’s revealing herself.  At the clothing boutique, with Lu and Leah, Ramona was saying that she believes Dorinda was cheated.  Meaning, cheated out of a love story with Richard because of his death.  So, on Twitter, last night, Dorinda tweets, “As you can see, life really cheated me @ramonasinger Then you got robbed. 🤣“.  What they heck?  Does she not understand anything?  It’s like she’s out for blood.  First, she came for Tinsley, than Ramona.  I would normally think we were missing scenes, but why did she go after Tins?! 

I prefer less darkness, and more antics...like Sonja talking about her @ss!! 

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

I find it hard to feel sorry for Dorinda's stress during the remodeling and repair of BSM.  Although I'm sure it WAS stressful and I don't deny it, I just can't feel sorry for her since it all comes from a very privileged situation. 

I think that a lot of the problem was that most of Richard's stuff was in the basement and it got ruined.  She had to come to terms with letting it all go.  She could no longer store it down there and ignore it.  This time she had to go through it and dump it.  

I can understand her stress if she was used to Richard handling disasters and other home issues, but she shouldn't be such a bitch to everybody around her.  She's going to have to learn to deal with this kind of stuff or hire someone to do it for her.   I'm sure that most all of us can agree that we're used to handling shit and are able to do so without biting everybody's head off!  

I hope that she'll change her ways.  She's no fun to watch when she's being so mean.  She's always been a shit stirrer though.   I soured on her with her treatment of Tinsley.  That was inexcusable. 

• Love 18

16 hours ago, Doublemint said:

I am a professional jazz singer in the NY area.   $250 is very, very generous for Sonya's 5 minutes of bullshit.   The musicians are playing all night and making much less than that.   She was way out of line asking for more.   Lou was doing her a favor, not the other way at all!

I appreciate your first hand knowledge! 🙂 I guess I'm feeling like because Sonja has hosted LuAnn on many occasions when Lu was in-between residences & needed a NYC bedroom, perhaps one way of repaying that favor might have been to throw her a bit more $$ even though $250 is considered generous for a non-friend who puts you up whenever you need it... 🙂 

It was more the vitriolic way LuAnn spoke to Sonja than what she said that shocked me. LuAnn's persona completely changed in a nanosecond, & for the first time ever, I wondered if she had Bipolar disorder and/or was self medicating (whether that be with alcohol or drugs). Her tone became abusive & enraged (as Dorinda's does) & it truly appeared like she was on something.

15 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I actually liked the Missoni carpet runners, that was cute and lightly colorful.  Unlike the rest of the place with headache-inducing bright jewel tones.

Everyone was drunk except Leah.  And it was still boring.

Glad to see Heather in the previews for next week.  This show needs some sanity.

Loved the Missoni runners too!  And yeah, Leah did not turn up because she was afraid she'd start throwing/breaking things! She said that herself & stuck to it. Love Heather...

While BlueStonedManor 😉 is not my normal taste, I think it looks warm, cozy & welcoming; so I still find it pleasing in spite of the assault on my eyeballs! It really has a lovely atmosphere. I'd stay there in a heartbeat, especially if Dorinda was in NYC!

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, IslandGirl said:

It was more the vitriolic way LuAnn spoke to Sonja than what she said that shocked me. LuAnn's persona completely changed in a nanosecond, & for the first time ever, I wondered if she had Bipolar disorder and/or was self medicating (whether that be with alcohol or drugs).

I was shocked and appalled with what LuAnn said to Sonja.  It was very mean of her.  I thought LuAnn was better than that.  Sigh.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ChitChat said:

I was shocked and appalled with what LuAnn said to Sonja.  It was very mean of her.  I thought LuAnn was better than that.  Sigh.

I agree! It was then a light bulb went off & I thought to myself, yup, she's got a substance abuse problem, & perhaps some mental illness she's struggling with as well. It was sad & she looked pathetic to me...

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ChitChat said:

I think the problem was that Sonja dragged the others into the conversation and then they all ganged up on Luann. If Sonja had a private, off screen talk with Lu things may have been different. I may have reacted the same way if I felt that an ungrateful Sonja had gotten everyone else to side against me vis a vis my own business.

They all obviously know about Sonja’s financial problems but it is not the other’s place to interfere in Luann’s business arrangements. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, janiema said:

I think the problem was that Sonja dragged the others into the conversation and then they all ganged up on Luann. If Sonja had a private, off screen talk with Lu things may have been different. I may have reacted the same way if I felt that an ungrateful Sonja had gotten everyone else to side against me vis a vis my own business.

They all obviously know about Sonja’s financial problems but it is not the other’s place to interfere in Luann’s business arrangements. 

I can't disagree with that opinion, but I can say something about the way she reacted (I'm not saying LuAnn wasn't right--it was her delivery that was so bizarre & 180 degrees out of character) was really off in my opinion, whether she was right or wrong...

The look in LuAnn's eyes was really strange. She morphed into a different person--she wasn't just angry--it was more like watching Dr. Jekyl become Mr. Hyde...

• Love 13

...and I just want to add that while I'm not monetarily rich or anything, I have actually been in LuAnn's shoes on a smaller scale & paid a friend considerably more than the going rate because she used to help babysit now & then when I worked, & I knew she could really use the money. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think it's awful that Sonja didn't pay her interns either.  Is that even legal?

Is it legal to call an unpaid assistant an "intern"?   I can't imagine any school giving college credit for packing Sonya's suitcase and answering her door.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

I can't disagree with that opinion, but I can say something about the way she reacted (I'm not saying LuAnn wasn't right--it was her delivery that was so bizarre & 180 degrees out of character) was really off in my opinion, whether she was right or wrong...

The look in LuAnn's eyes was really strange. She morphed into a different person--she wasn't just angry--it was more like watching Dr. Jekyl become Mr. Hyde...

This is so true.   It wasn't a reaction I was ready for. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

Well said.  I agree.  It shouldn't have been a group discussion, but LuAnn shouldn't have gotten so ugly about it.   

• Love 8
2 hours ago, janiema said:

The problem is that most of Sonja’s businesses seem to be cheater brands whether it is wine, clothing lines or appearing in somebody else’s stage act. Sonja either has zero business instincts or is too lazy to do the work needed to launch an original product. It’s too bad she didn’t pursue the toaster oven cookbook. That may have gone somewhere. 

Sonja is a mess because she can't come to terms with screwing up her marriage to money bags Morgan. She managed to snag a "Morgan" while she was hostessing in some Manhattan restaurant. Then magically she had everything she ever wanted including not having to work another day in her life, which is all she ever really wanted, along with hobnobbing with Manhattan society, then she BLEW it. She will never get over what she lost. She still has that uppity attitude like she is some upper crust upper east sider when in reality that ship has sailed some 15 years ago. Sonja better keep that fine ass of hers in shape because she's still on the market with no interesting prospects on the horizon and she just keeps getting older every day.

• Love 22

Sonja brought up (or at least didn’t try to stifle) a private business arrangement in a public setting to make Luann look bad. She thinks she is funny and charming but she is not. I think she is channeling Bethenny by urinating in the cornfield and going to the bathroom without closing the door. Even that is a cheater brand.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I put money on too lazy but I do agree with you that the toaster oven cookbook, while gimmicky, could have actually been a niche out of which she could have carved out some success.  Lu is herself many obnoxious things, but I don't think she's lazy and she's certainly put in the work to make the cabaret show a success.  Had Sonja had any sense of persistence and discipline whatsoever, she probably could have done something with the toaster oven thing. But she doesn't, so she tries to cling on to the success of others, like some sort of Upper East Side parasitic organism. 

I mean, she said it last night. She doesn't really want to work, she still thinks she can make a living off of her looks and sexuality. I'm not sure she'll ever really accept that that ship has long past sailed. 

Look at how successful the George Foreman grill has been! There's no natural connection between a boxer and a grill, but he's made it a huge success. (I know George didn't invent the grill, but he's been the pitchman who made it hit big.)

• Love 6
(edited)

Everytime I think it's bad this show only gets worse. the white privilege and entitlement these woman exude is beyond the pale. 

LuAnn boasting about how she has the greatest cabaret show, the best comedians AND Broadway stars...OMG. Is she serious? That cabaret show is a third rate mess with her untrained voice warbling "Money Can't Buy You Class" for billioneth time is just sad. Sonja has no talent except for stripping and pantomiming sexual intercourse...yet she's bitching about not enough money? Speaking of Sonja...she's an embarrassment to the Morgan family that she so dearly needs to still embrace. For one thing...Sonja, YOU ARE NOT BLUE BLOOD! You married a blue blood that divorced you. A blue blood is someone who was born to another blue blood. Your daughter is a blue blood. You are not. And go to rehab already and get sober...you're a sloppy loudmouth drunk.

Elyse hits alot of nails on the head when it comes to analyzing this group. Why does she even want to be friends with Ramona...she's a terrible friend and flirts with married men. 

Dorinda is a shit stirrer and bully. When she drinks too much she only becomes more confrontational and caustic. Her home is over the top decorated...those purple couches look like something that was stolen from a New Orleans bordello circa 1860.

Honestly, I really think these women hate each other and only tolerate each other for the filming. At this point, their behavior is predictable and boring...like the show.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Doublemint said:

I'm jealous!

Also, good to hear an insider's perspective on this!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Everytime I think it's bad this show only gets worse. the white privilege and entitlement these woman exude is beyond the pale. 

LuAnn boasting about how she has the greatest cabaret show, the best comedians AND Broadway stars...OMG. Is she serious? That cabaret show is a third rate mess with her untrained voice warbling "Money Can't Buy You Class" for billioneth time is just sad. Sonja has no talent except for stripping and pantomiming sexual intercourse...yet she's bitching about not enough money? Speaking of Sonja...she's an embarrassment to the Morgan family that she so dearly needs to still embrace. For one thing...Sonja, YOU ARE NOT BLUE BLOOD! You married a blue blood that divorced you. A blue blood is someone who was born toanother blue blood. Your daughter is a blue blood. You are not. And go to rehab already and get sober...you're a sloppy loudmouth drunk.

Elyse hits alot of nails on the head when it comes to analyzing this group. Why does she even want to be friends with Ramona...she's a terrible friend and flirts with married men. 

Dorinda is a shit stirrer and bully. When she drinks too much she only becomes more confrontational and caustic. Her home is over the top decorated...those purple couches look like something that was stolen from a New Orleans bordello circa 1860.

Honestly, I really think these women hate each other and only tolerate each other for the filming. At this point, their behavior is predictable and boring...like the show.

Ramona flirting with her husband the way it was described should be enough to end a friendship, even if one divorced said husband and secretly hated him.  

• Like 1
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I hope this means she’ll stop jettisoning that one tooth.

Those rose gold sequin pants on Sonja’s pre-quarantine bottom. Heaven help us.

I still love it. I love jewel tones. I love the textures. I do admire her choices, even after all the criticism.

Thank you, RedDelicious!

I also love the house and MOST of the decor.  I always thought she chose the fuchsia sofas because that rooms has dark wood paneling, etc., and that brightens it up.  I hate some of the accent pieces in the blue room and I don’t know if I could sleep in that red master.   I’m still on the fence about the lime green foyer.   Both BSM and LuAnn’s Hampton’s house we’re done by professional decorators.  That is just my 2 cents.

I wish the women would have confronted Dorinda about her bullying.  It seems as though they are afraid of her.  

Yes, I am also sick of Ramona boating about looks and girlfriends.  She never needed the tag line about living herself because we already knew that.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Elyse hits a lot of nails on the head when it comes to analyzing this group. Why does she even want to be friends with Ramona...she's a terrible friend and flirts with married men. 

I agree about Elyse. Up until this episode, I felt like she was the Greek Chorus. But seeing her grovel, after getting the TeresaGiudice treatment from Ramona, gives me pause. I like her observations & how she doesn't get sloppy drunk, but watching her kiss up (literally) to RamonaTeresa was a turn off. I wouldn't have given Ramona the time of day at BlueStoned, I don't care whose friends they were. 

1 hour ago, tranquilidade said:

Ramona flirting with her husband the way it was described should be enough to end a friendship, even if one divorced said husband and secretly hated him.  

Absolutely. And I can totally see Ramona doing that, she's so obsessed with those breasts she bought!

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Luann calling Sonja worthless among other things was pretty harsh. 

Yes, this! For those defending Luann in this situation, what do you think about her telling Sonja she was worthless? I'm asking earnestly, not snarkily! 🙂 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

Absolutely. And I can totally see Ramona doing that, she's so obsessed with those breasts she bought!

She literally rubs them in people's faces!   I thought she looked better pre-enhancement.  

• Love 10

The irony of a group of drunken women lecturing a slurring, trashed, Luann about how much Sonja, the sloppiest drunk in the group, helped her with her sobriety couldn't have failed to escape any of us watching this debacle.  Luann was wrecked. Didn't take her long to slide back down that slippery slope from the occasional glass of wine with dinner to full-on alcoholic bender.

I actually really like what Dorinda has done with the decor at Bluestone Manor. I particularly like that little library room that's used for her TH, probably because my living room has a purple/green colour scheme in the curtains, couch, cushions and rug, albeit not quite as bright as Dorinda's. But I thought it was lovely and those curtains behind her are gorgeous and match the chair beautifully. I also loved the stair runner. I think Dorinda is very stylish. It's a pity she's a nasty, mean shrew of a drunk.

I'm not a prude, but Sonja is unbelievably crude, using every opportunity to turn the conversation to sex. The more she does that, the less chance she'll ever have of finding a man who sees her as anything other than an easy lay.

Ramona is poison dipped in saccharine. She gets away with a lot by being dippy and charming (when she wants to be). But she's completely two-faced and always shows her true colours.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

She literally rubs them in people's faces!   I thought she looked better pre-enhancement.  

🤣  Yes she does; getting her money's worth I guess! I agree she looked better before. These are a bit large for her small frame & they seem very far apart!

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

Yes, this! For those defending Luann in this situation, what do you think about her telling Sonja she was worthless? I'm asking earnestly, not snarkily! 🙂 

I have no problem with it. Sonja made a group discussion about something that should have been a personal discussion in an attempt to make Lu look bad. Sonja’s money woes are not Lu’s problem. More than any of the others who got divorced or widowed, Sonja received a big divorce settlement. It’s not Lu’s fault ( or any of the others) that Sonja pissed it away.

I might also have more sympathy for Sonja if she were not so crude and disgusting. Why hasn’t she sold the townhouse? Is it underwater?

• Useful 1
  • Love 15