Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: Not Feeling Jovani

• Start Topic

On 7/10/2020 at 7:37 PM, Mar said:

Wow, so did Dorinda mean that Ramona was robbed because Mario cheated on her and they got divorced? And then used the laughing emoji about that? If so, that is absolutely cruel and heartless. Of course, that isn’t new behavior for her.

I’m not quite sure what she was trying to say!  My interpretation was that Ramona was showing empathy that Dorinda was cheated out of time with Richard.  I’m not quite sure how that is interpreted in a negative way by Dorinda, but clearly she’s angry with Ramona and is giving her no slack.  She’s on the attack.  She mentions Ramona constantly, I don’t know why she becomes obsessed with people like Tinsley and Ramona.  She was kind of like this towards Heather and sometimes with Bethenny.   It’s strange. 

• Love 11
On 7/11/2020 at 8:15 PM, Ms. Me said:

I like certain things about Dorinda's redecorated house.  I don't like all the knick-knacks, they make me nervous!  The shiny blue walls would be annoying after a while. But the purple couches and the chartreuse-like walls are so cheerful and happy looking.  They make me smile. The stair runner is adorable.   It would be great to have all that money to do some fun interior design. 

I've always loved Hannah's room (the pink and white one). It's feminine without being too little girl.

• Love 7
On 7/10/2020 at 3:02 PM, bichonblitz said:

Sonja is a mess because she can't come to terms with screwing up her marriage to money bags Morgan. She managed to snag a "Morgan" while she was hostessing in some Manhattan restaurant. Then magically she had everything she ever wanted including not having to work another day in her life, which is all she ever really wanted, along with hobnobbing with Manhattan society, then she BLEW it. She will never get over what she lost. She still has that uppity attitude like she is some upper crust upper east sider when in reality that ship has sailed some 15 years ago. Sonja better keep that fine ass of hers in shape because she's still on the market with no interesting prospects on the horizon and she just keeps getting older every day.

Sonja is not helping herself, then, by being on this show.  Her antics are getting enough coverage that anyone with any self-respect will run from her at high speed.

Now, I'm late to the RHONY part, in that I joined long after Sonja was no longer married, so can someone give me the Reader's Digest view of what happened to her Morgan marriage?  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/11/2020 at 8:35 AM, VedaPierce said:

It IS! It used to be fun when I first moved to this town years ago, but now I’m over it. I’m definitely out this year. Especially since we’ve all been weened off of going out to restaurants for the last 6 months. 

I loved how you compared it to a Ponzi scheme...hilarious!! 😂  

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I’m not quite sure what she was trying to say!  My interpretation was that Ramona was showing empathy that Dorinda was cheated out of time with Richard.  I’m not quite sure how that is interpreted in a negative way by Dorinda, but clearly she’s angry with Ramona and is giving her no slack.  She’s on the attack.  She mentions Ramona constantly, I don’t know why she becomes obsessed with people like Tinsley and Ramona.  She was kind of like this towards Heather and sometimes with Bethenny.   It’s strange. 

Imo, Dorinda is a lot like Sonja in that, when they are in a mindset (Heather is rude, Bethenny is ungrateful, Tinsley is an awful person, Gstaad, updo, Jon-Jon's waiting for a dance on P Diddy's yacht) you can't get through to them. They have convinced themselves that they are right, and nothing anyone says will convince them otherwise, even if it's to express compassion or a rationalization. They refuse to listen to what is being said to them, and instead twist the words to suit their mindset. It's frustrating to watch; I can't imagine what it's like to deal with them in real life.

I have no idea what her issue is with Ramona.

• Love 14
(edited)
On 7/9/2020 at 8:57 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

This Lu/Sonja argument is hilariously stupid. 

It seemed like a drunken argument to me. 

Speaking of drunken, I'm no longer enjoying watching these women. As someone else pointed out, there is too much drinking and not really a storyline for any of them. There is also too long of a gap since filming. Last week was the Halloween party--over eight months ago! Why does it take so long to edit these Housewives shows? I think they would be so much more interesting if the shows came out maybe 2-3 months after filming, so we haven't all heard through social media everything that has happened in their lives.

The new THs are jarring, both the audio and the stark differences in how some of them look. Luann looks gaunt. Sonja looks a lot better but also so different she's hardly recognizable. She's obviously had some work done. I'm guessing a facelift, lip injections and probably some filler. She also looks a lot thinner, so perhaps she slowed down on her drinking and dropped the alcohol bloat.

Ramona looks a little "surprised" in her THs, as if she had a brow lift or something. 

It is clear to me that Dorinda is the successful bully of this show. The other women are all intimidated by her to such a degree they're putting up with her horrible behavior, even Ramona. (Agree with Leah's TH comment.) It was unsettling listening to Ramona make excuses for Dorinda in her pathetic need for Dorinda's approval. (And Elise did the same thing with Ramona with the lap-sitting and desperate hugging.)

I haven't warmed to Leah, can't stand Dorinda, am disgusted by Sonja, irritated by Ramona and don't care about Luann. That leaves me no one to root for on this show and not even anyone I find watchable as far as good TV goes. 

I'll finish this train wreck to see if they make it to the reunion. But if they don't do a major cast overhaul for next season, I won't be back. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 14
(edited)
15 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I loved who you compared it to a Ponzi scheme...hilarious!! 😂  

It’s funny because it’s true! Once you’re in it’s hard to stop going because you want your free meal and gift card when your birthday rolls around. You’ve been going and contributing to the others’ all year. It LOOKS like Ramoner has all these fabulous friends, but believe me, she’s going and paying for ALLLLLL those “friends” all year on their birthdays. It’s an ‘understanding’ as well as friendships. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Maybe Dorinda is jealous of any woman who’s prettier and attract men more easily.  Dorinda is sort of rough imo, and maybe comes on too strong.  Plus, she’s got more stress now with John gone.  He was her sounding board and probably babied her.  I think he took a hike, no matter what she says.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 7/10/2020 at 6:32 PM, Natalie68 said:

I am glad I am not a party of 1 who likes the way Dorinda decorated her house!  I love bright colors and I like how it is eclectic.  Matchy matchy homes aren't my taste.  The only reason I would not have those bold colors and upholstery is cats.  I would need to hire someone whose only job is fur removal.  

While I am not always on Lu's side, I was with the Sonja thing.  I really think she does her a favor giving her a role.  Dorinda et al were making the situation worse.

I'll join you at the table too.  I love her house, how many white on white homes can we see.  I've toured many of the Robber Baron homes and while Bluestone isn't one of those, its probably the same time period.  I like how Dorinda kept the style of the home but added a comfy twist to it.  Someone way up thread that all Dorinda did was hire a contractor and cut checks.  That is so not the case in this home, there are so many decisions to be made and a whole lot of money to be spent.  She was also demolishing the home that her and Richard shared, so add those memories to her stress soup....its alot.  

• Love 8
On 7/10/2020 at 1:05 AM, ErikaOnline said:

Ramona treated Barbara kind of similar. Leah still seems like she’s putting on for the cameras lol.

I agree! Ramona doesn't seem like a "girls' girl" when she is around other pretty women (Elyse is). How does Ramona have "50 close girlfriends"? Are they all worse looking and worse off in life than she is? 

That said, I still don't think she is the worse one on the show. She's like a nutty mascot that can be explained away. 

Dorinda is unstable and unlikable. 

• Love 11
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

I agree! Ramona doesn't seem like a "girls' girl" when she is around other pretty women (Elyse is). How does Ramona have "50 close girlfriends"? Are they all worse looking and worse off in life than she is? 

That said, I still don't think she is the worse one on the show. She's like a nutty mascot that can be explained away. 

Dorinda is unstable and unlikable. 

Ramona used to be my favorite character on here on season 1 lol. I used to really enjoy her outspokenness haha and she seemed like a really honest person. But as the other seasons came on. I didn’t like the way she treated maids and people who had to work for her. She just seems very spoiled lol. I’m not even sure if she likes “minorities” lol. But I love her big brown eyes lol their cute. Her figure is cute,short girl. Ramona really is something else haha. 

Edited by ErikaOnline
  • Love 6
On 7/10/2020 at 7:40 PM, Neurochick said:

I think I know what's wrong with this show.  These women don't have anything but their "jobs" on this show, going for them. 

In RHOBH, you might see the ladies with their children, or friends, or doing something other than "the show."  But these women seem to have too much money and too much free time. 

All they do is get drunk and scream at each other. 

The way Luann turned on Sonja was weird, but the way DrunkenDorinda then turned on Luann was weird too.  Why was she getting involved.  Sonja kind of flipped too.  One minute she was talking about how far her ass has carried her, the next minute she was sobbing because Luann told her she didn't want her in any of her cabaret shows. 

Drunken theatrics from all of them. 

• Love 3
On 7/10/2020 at 5:37 PM, IslandGirl said:

Yes, this! For those defending Luann in this situation, what do you think about her telling Sonja she was worthless? I'm asking earnestly, not snarkily! 🙂 

Ha! I agree with <<<The Countess>>> that Sonja is worthless. I am glad she said it on camera. It won’t change anything, unfortunately. Sonja will continue being disgusting and subtracting value for the rest of her life. Didn’t she say something dismissive about the safety of dogs in her townhouse backyard? 

But Lu should not have intermittently claimed to also love Sonja. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ha! I agree with <<<The Countess>>> that Sonja is worthless. I am glad she said it on camera. It won’t change anything, unfortunately. Sonja will continue being disgusting and subtracting value for the rest of her life. Didn’t she say something dismissive about the safety of dogs in her townhouse backyard? 

But Lu should not have intermittently claimed to also love Sonja. 

Yes, I agree Lu should pick a lane. The worst kind of mean girl is the one who is sometimes nice...

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I'll join you at the table too.  I love her house, how many white on white homes can we see.  I've toured many of the Robber Baron homes and while Bluestone isn't one of those, its probably the same time period.  I like how Dorinda kept the style of the home but added a comfy twist to it.  Someone way up thread that all Dorinda did was hire a contractor and cut checks.  That is so not the case in this home, there are so many decisions to be made and a whole lot of money to be spent.  She was also demolishing the home that her and Richard shared, so add those memories to her stress soup....its alot.  

You bring up good points! I wonder if any kind of historical restoration group was involved...

• Love 3
22 hours ago, ErikaOnline said:

😂😂😂😂

• LOL 2
On 7/10/2020 at 12:59 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

You would be surprised how little people get paid to perform Off Broadway if they get paid at all.

$250 is very generous for what she does.

Another thing I sensed when I acted off-off-Broadway is the general attitude that there are sooooo many people in New York who desperately want to act and build a résumé, that if you won’t work for free, it’s very easy for the casting director to find someone who will.

(Keep in mind this was a long time ago, before youtube and Instagram.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/13/2020 at 9:03 PM, Kdawg82 said:

I think a couple years ago someone posted a photo of Ramona with many other women. There were a lot of blondes. Also at one of her birthday celebrations (Frankel commented that it looked like the bar scene in Star Wars, if I recall correctly), there were many UES women. In both groups most of the women were very unattractive. Bad cosmetic surgery. Eccentric looks. I definitely think Ramona prefers to be the most attractive woman in the room.

eta: I also agree that she is not a “girls’ girl.” It’s a shame. I have some incredibly strong bonds with women. I would trust a woman before I trusted a man. And it’s much more gratifying to talk to women. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 7/14/2020 at 11:22 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

For those defending Luann in this situation, what do you think about her telling Sonja she was worthless? I'm asking earnestly, not snarkily! 🙂 

I think it was harsh, but I agree with it.  Sonja is worthless.  She adds no value to the cabaret show.  Or the Housewives show for that matter.  I don’t think the five minutes she’s on stage generate enough ticket sales to make her appearance worthwhile.  I think it would actually make me not want to attend the show.  Watching her take off her clothes and play “sexy” is just pitiful.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 13

Article about BSM:  Dorinda's house

“The house, you have to love it,” says Medley, who has always dived head first into the renovation process, with a sigh—poring over books about Stanford White (to whom she and Watson attribute Blue Stone Manor) and tapping the Berkshires’ expert artisans to revive original light fixtures, escutcheons, pulls, and paneling. “If you’re not in love with this house and you’re not in love with the Berkshires, then it’s a lot.” 

"When it came time to decorate, however, she and Watson went off script, assembling an eclectic array of fabrics and furnishings. That merry Medley medley (what she calls “Marilyn Monroe meets Frankenstein”) runs the gamut from a pair of hypnotic torchères by Mark Brazier Jones to a Venetian grotto-style tête-à-tête to twin Chesterfields upholstered in bright purple velvet. “I want people to walk through and have an opinion,” says Medley, exclaiming, “‘What’s that? Why is that? Where did that come from? Why do you have it? I love that color! I hate that color!’”

See link for entire article and pictures!

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 7/15/2020 at 6:14 PM, ChitChat said:

Article about BSM:  Dorinda's house

“The house, you have to love it,” says Medley, who has always dived head first into the renovation process, with a sigh—poring over books about Stanford White (to whom she and Watson attribute Blue Stone Manor) and tapping the Berkshires’ expert artisans to revive original light fixtures, escutcheons, pulls, and paneling. “If you’re not in love with this house and you’re not in love with the Berkshires, then it’s a lot.” 

"When it came time to decorate, however, she and Watson went off script, assembling an eclectic array of fabrics and furnishings. That merry Medley medley (what she calls “Marilyn Monroe meets Frankenstein”) runs the gamut from a pair of hypnotic torchères by Mark Brazier Jones to a Venetian grotto-style tête-à-tête to twin Chesterfields upholstered in bright purple velvet. “I want people to walk through and have an opinion,” says Medley, exclaiming, “‘What’s that? Why is that? Where did that come from? Why do you have it? I love that color! I hate that color!’”

See link for entire article and pictures!

That painting by Julie Heffernan in the blue room is grotesque, in my humble opinion.  She still has the taxidermy peacock in there as well and a stuffed bird under glass in the dining room.  Who wants stuffed animals in their house?

Stanford White was not only one of the most celebrated architects of his time, he had a rather dark side too.   He was murdered by an associate for raping his wife.  

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Emmeline said:

That painting by Julie Heffernan in the blue room is grotesque, in my humble opinion.  She still has the taxidermy peacock in there as well and a stuffed bird under glass in the dining room.  Who wants stuffed animals in their house?

Stanford White was not only one of the most celebrated architects of his time, he had a rather dark side too.   He liked the young ladies and was murdered by an associate for raping his wife.  

So, apparently the flood happened last fall when they were filming and she was being horrible to Tinsley.  Now, that the house is refurbished, and she’s walking around her mansion very happy with how the house turned out, maybe she will come back a happier and nicer person?????   Besides Dorinda, they need to clean house with their Bravo show.  Some have to go and some will stay.  They need some men and no drinking to oblivion.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

So, apparently the flood happened last fall when they were filming and she was being horrible to Tinsley.

The flood happened before they started filming and she was still being an asshat to Tinsley when the renovations were complete so most likely not. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Stanford White was not only one of the most celebrated architects of his time, he had a rather dark side too.   He liked the young ladies and was murdered by an associate for raping his wife.  

If you had read the novel “Ragtime” you would be familiar with this story.

• Love 1

I like the chartreuse green walls in Dorinda's home, but she has too much junk in it and the drapes and furniture fabrics (e.g., dining room chairs) are horrific. I think she could have chosen a much stronger Missoni print for the carpeting on the stairs. That white background may not wear well.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Just catching this today.. I LOVE that everyone sent Dorinda to voicemail or didn’t answer when she was trying to call them to invite them to her house lol 

🤣 Yes, & the last time it happened she said, "I'm a loser!" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/16/2020 at 3:56 PM, biakbiak said:

The flood happened before they started filming and she was still being an asshat to Tinsley when the renovations were complete so most likely not. 

Right.  I watched the season before this one and she was already accusing her of being paid for and lying about whether she's seeing Scott or not.

Also, ever since this show started, she's been mourning Richard.  This "I'm finally now mourning him" is such bullshit and it's her excuse to continue to be a nasty drunk.

• Love 6

I always laugh when Ramona brags about having 50 girlfriends.

I was re-watching Ramona's breakdown in the Berkshires (Season 6, when she ordered an air conditioner to be delivered to Heather's house, threw a glass at Kristen, and had childhood flashbacks in the woods). It turned out that she went to Molly Sims' party in the Hamptons because she'd provided the wine. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these "50 girlfriends" are business contacts. She referred to Dr. Sharon Giese as a friend, which I always thought was a little odd - I thought doctors and patients keep things on a professional rather than a social level.

If I was feeling motivated, I'd look to see if "Sonja in the City" is a legit registered business. Sonja seems like someone who would absent-mindedly use a propane-fueled camp stove in her apartment to save money on gas/electric - and then never wake up. I can't see her planning a party and being on top of the dozens of details.Insert other media

• Love 3
On 7/10/2020 at 3:34 PM, IslandGirl said:

The look in LuAnn's eyes was really strange. She morphed into a different person--she wasn't just angry--it was more like watching Dr. Jekyl become Mr. Hyde...

YES!! I thought she was kidding at first, but then when I realized she was serious in her anger at Sonja I went "WOAH." She was Dorinda-mean and pointed. It was not the usual drunken Lu that we saw previously, the one who giggled and fell into bushes. Scary.

• Love 2
On 7/10/2020 at 5:05 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I never realized that, makes sense because I have a neighbor who within two weeks of her moving in to the neighborhood had the phone numbers to everyone that hangs out at the restaurant bar across from the neighborhood...she met the adult daughter of a neighbor once and had her number in her phone, my other neighbor's daughter too...the bartenders of the local watering holes...an employee of a local Wawa, etc...I try to avoid the randoms (as I call them) at all costs yet she calls them all friends, g-d who has the energy to get involved in all those lives!

Ramona always "knows" the owner of this or that business, I think you are deff on to something, to prove it to herself she throws herself a birthday party every year.

Loved the outdated Homegoods glass apothecary candy jars on Dorinda's dining table, lol.

What Dorinda spent on wallpaper is impressive, it is not a cheap decor choice.

When Sonja and Elyse were looking at the old photos of Sonja I thought Sonja was saying the pictures were from 1926, 27, etc...

Lu asking Dorinda why she was getting involved in the firing Sonja from the Cabaret, (ugh, I used the c word) show, I think when you have a fight with all the women in the same room it is an invitation for all to chime in.  Then we see Lu telling all the women "let's get in there," when Elyse and Ramona were talking privately.

My ex is a pretty classic extrovert and I’m a pretty classic introvert. Ironically we are both pretty social but it means very different things to me. For years I was amazed that he had so many friends. He would routinely list 20, 25 people as his best friends. Then one day I realized we used the word friend differently. He would use “friend” to describe someone he routinely hung out with at the bar on the weekend. I use “friend” to describe people that have been heavily involved in my good and bad times and that I’ve discussed intimate feelings with. We both knew the same 25 people but I considers maybe 2 of them good friends. He considers all of them good friends. It’s just different ways of looking at the world.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6