Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: Not Feeling Jovani

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Dorinda is spiraling and this isn’t going to end well. I think she needs helps immediately. She’s a self-destructive train, running out of control. Her anger level is cause for concern and I think she’s on the verge of really cracking up.

About Ramoner, I understand that crazy friend group because I actually have something similar in my life and it takes work to maintain. I live in a north shore town on Long Island, about a half hour away from Manhattan. My circle consists of about 20 women (not Ramoner level, but I have a full-time job and am not on a Reality Show, so don’t have women actively looking to be my friend). So every one of these women has a birthday, and we all take them out for their ‘birthday dinner’ (similar to Ramoner, only hers are lunches). Someone hosts the Birthday Girl’s dinner. The host sends an email with the invite to all 20 of us. (And actually, some of the women invite more, I pretty much stick to 20, I don’t invite people from work, they wouldn’t get the madness that this has become). Everyone complains. People used to decide whether to go or not based on the restaurant that was chosen (expensive, far away, etc) so now the restaurant is TBD until after everyone RSVPs. Then a gift card email goes out where everyone contributes $25 Or more, depending on the closeness of the friendship and whether it’s a big year, like a 40 or 50 celebration. Then we go to the dinner where we all pay for the Birthday Girl and present her with her gift card. The Birthday Girl is responsible for giving everyone a take-home goody bag, which usually consist of a candle or cute manicure kit or pashmina from Michale’s, etc. (I combined  my birthday dinner with my friend once so we gave out bottles of Prosecco as gift bags to the guests.) So this becomes expensive and time-consuming to do 20 times a year, sometimes I don’t go, sometimes some people combine their Birthday Dinners if their birthdays are close together (like Dorinda was pressuring Ramoner to do with Sonja). Not everyone contributes to the gift card, but most do. By the time MY birthday rolls around, I’m expecting these bitches to show up to MY birthday dinner because I’ve been going and contributing to their’s all year! It’s like a Ponzi scheme and every year I say I’m out, and this year, I’m DEFINITELY out. It used to be smaller, but every year someone brings another woman in and the group has grown. There are lots of these different groups in my town and sometimes they overlap like a vin diagram. Now you don’t have to go to all of them, but then you can’t expect them to go to yours. Ramoner is maintaining her 50 or 60 friends because she goes to all of their dinners. She’s probably out 4 nights a week. Anyway, Ramoner has a 50-60 person friend group, but they are more like a social club. She’s in a social club. 

One of my friends in the group went to high school with Jill on the south shore. She was actually worse in high school, unpopular and unlikeable. 

I enjoyed your insight on the Ramona B-Day topic.  I can see how this going on almost twice a month would be a lot.  Four times a year would be too much for me.  I would also imagine that people would feel slighted if someone doesn’t come to their celebration.

• Love 14

Regarding Jill-it would be appropriate to have a New Yorker who sounds like what the rest of America thinks New Yorkers sounds like. 
To be fair to this show, they were initially hit with Bethenny bailing right before filming began and then hit again when Tinsley left, so they’ve been frantically trying to put this season together without two of their big draws. 
...I really miss Bethenny’s wit (and Catole’s too!).

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I enjoyed your insight on the Ramona B-Day topic.  I can see how this going on almost twice a month would be a lot.  Four times a year would be too much for me.  I would also imagine that people would feel slighted if someone doesn’t come to their celebration.

Omg! You don’t even know the half of it!!! Lol ! Girls being accidentally forgotten on the email, girls intentionally excluded from invites, constant confrontations, it’s CRAZY! I was thinking of writing a book. It’s Larry David material. And yes, at the height of it before quarantine, I was going out about once a week, sometimes twice and it was brutal, and It was becoming not fun. But still, I always felt an obligation, they came to mine so I felt guilt not going back, not paying it back. 

• Love 11
On 7/9/2020 at 6:31 PM, Wicked said:

I want Blue Stone Manor.  I mean, I'd redecorate, but I want it.

Redecorate, resurface, repaint, etc.  Why is absolutely EVERYthing in that place over the top fancy, gilded or ornately carved?  Right down to the dragon andirons it's all so overly overdone.  It is a truly lovely piece of architecture but her taste has ruined the class the house could have had.  She even had a do-over and still got it so terribly wrong, wrong, wrong.  For someone who knows "wealth whispers", she decorated the place like a shouting nouveau riche hick. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Soggy or Siggy had a bunch of them displayed in her foyer going up the stairs. Who cares if you have one? ONE, though. You do you! One summer, MANY years ago, I couldn’t take a bad picture...I was tanner and thinner and younger...now I HIDE when a camera is pointed my way. Lol. It’s fun to have a picture you like of yourself displayed. What’s the harm?

Oh my goodness, thanks for the Soggy reminder. And they looked like those big old Glam shots from back in the day! 

I must say I was mesmerized by that young model-y photo behind Luann in her THs. She was such a combination of her son & daughter; I could see them both clearly in that photo. And she was really beautiful. In fact, I think perhaps Luann was stunted by her beauty & never had to work through her demons. Beauty can be a double edged sword like that...

• Love 16

Mostly these drunken fools have worn out their welcome with me - but I did really enjoy seeing the latest iteration of Blue Stone Manor, with all its colors and eclectic embellishments.

Lurved the scene where Len practiced saying no to Ramona! But when Dorinda said Len would die first, I wanted Len to say, “Don’t be so sure - if you keep being a bully someone might drive over you in a truck.”

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
On 7/9/2020 at 7:08 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

While I generally agree with the sentiment, it is worth noting that Sonja has a job for which she gets paid - and that is the show. She's not a young creative being exploited, which is often what happens "for exposure."  If Sonja thinks that what Lu is paying her is too low, then she is well within her rights to take her talents elsewhere. But she makes at least tens of thousands of dollars to be on the show, so it's not quite equivalent. 

I so agree!!  At first Sonja is all "you need to pay me more, you're exploiting me".  Seriously you know Sonja would get up on stage and accidentally-on-purpose drop her dress for free, but she loves to poor mouth at the slightest opportunity.  Truth is I believe Luann needs the money every bit as much as Sonja.  If Lu is paying Sonja scale to appear on stage with her and it's the same as everyone else gets, then Sonja is out of line.  I applauded Luann's telling her to shove it, that she's no longer invited.  So now comes the waterworks from Sonja.  Suddenly she isn't bristling at being exploited.  So what if Sonja is crying - she started it, so fuck off Dorinda!  I'm at the point now where I hate her and everything that comes out of her nasty mouth.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:
16 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I always thought Ramona looked her best on the season she did the vow renewal with Mario.  That was pre-breast implant.  Poor woman, it was down hill after this.

Yup, she had her natural normal sized boobs. She also had a really cute haircut back then . Now she's sporting a dry, fried mess and the color job looks cheap and brassy. I'm surprised with all her money she isn't going to the best colorist in NYC.  

She's gong to be 64 in a few months.  Age takes its toll regardless of numerous procedures. There isn't much that menopause doesnt leave a mark upon. Hair texture changes and graying affects coloring. Her hair people are probably giving her exactly what she is demanding. She might be better off embracing reality a bit more instead of trying to hold on to her 30's-40's and basically work along with  instead of against what she's got. 

• Love 17
10 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Soggy or Siggy had a bunch of them displayed in her foyer going up the stairs. Who cares if you have one? ONE, though. You do you! One summer, MANY years ago, I couldn’t take a bad picture...I was tanner and thinner and younger...now I HIDE when a camera is pointed my way. Lol. It’s fun to have a picture you like of yourself displayed. What’s the harm?

No harm, but it is an invitation to comment when one puts out what is essentially a retrospective exhibition of what they consider to be their life highlights.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I wish the women would have confronted Dorinda about her bullying.  It seems as though they are afraid of her.  

I was proud of Lu for “daring” to tell Dorinda that although she understood why Dorinda was upset with Ramona, her public toast/roast was too harsh. 
She (and Leah) knew it would probably set Dorinda off, but I think she said it calmly and carefully, and she was correct.

of course it but her in the ass because then Dorinda had to egg Sonja on against Lu. And by that point they were so wasted that Lu was past the point of reacting  calmly. Not to mention, that cabaret is her baby- she created it, she works hard at it, and it is her livelihood. I don’t blame her for telling Sonja to kiss her ass. That show sells out regularly. She was throwing Sonja a bone because of their friendship, the show doesn’t need her.

• Love 15
On 7/10/2020 at 10:15 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I put money on too lazy but I do agree with you that the toaster oven cookbook, while gimmicky, could have actually been a niche out of which she could have carved out some success.  Lu is herself many obnoxious things, but I don't think she's lazy and she's certainly put in the work to make the cabaret show a success.  Had Sonja had any sense of persistence and discipline whatsoever, she probably could have done something with the toaster oven thing. But she doesn't, so she tries to cling on to the success of others, like some sort of Upper East Side parasitic organism. 

I mean, she said it last night. She doesn't really want to work, she still thinks she can make a living off of her looks and sexuality. I'm not sure she'll ever really accept that that ship has long past sailed. 

Sure but this is Sonja's whole MO. She was the pretty girl who bagged a Morgan (she was wife 4 out of 5)  and then spent the rest of her life living off the claim to fame which she parlayed into a RHONY spot.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Dorinda is very good at telling the other women to pay for Sonja (birthday party, cabaret appearance).

If I heard Ramona correctly, didn't she say to either LuAnn or Elyse that she did throw a party for Sonja?  Knowing our Noodle though, she could've meant that she threw her one at some point over the years, but not necessarily in the recent past! 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I agree with this. But also, they seem to really resent when one of the woman does have a life outside of the show. Last year, it was the relentless haranguing of Luann because of the cabaret show and this year, it was a relentless haranguing of Tinsley for prioritizing her relationship over their "friendship."  And that may be part of why Dorinda and Sonja seem to be so over-the-top when it comes to Ramona - they're angry she does have a life beyond their stupid circle. Because let's face it, it doesn't seem like either Dorinda and Sonja have a life beyond the show. 

And that's why this season sucks and the cast is stale, especially Dorinda.

• Love 10
On 7/10/2020 at 3:14 PM, ChitChat said:

I think that a lot of the problem was that most of Richard's stuff was in the basement and it got ruined.  She had to come to terms with letting it all go.  She could no longer store it down there and ignore it.  This time she had to go through it and dump it.  

I can understand her stress if she was used to Richard handling disasters and other home issues, but she shouldn't be such a bitch to everybody around her.  She's going to have to learn to deal with this kind of stuff or hire someone to do it for her.   I'm sure that most all of us can agree that we're used to handling shit and are able to do so without biting everybody's head off!  

I hope that she'll change her ways.  She's no fun to watch when she's being so mean.  She's always been a shit stirrer though.   I soured on her with her treatment of Tinsley.  That was inexcusable. 

She lost a husband .. I give her that, but many women have also.  She has her health, has an apartment in the city and a house in the Berkshire’s.  Does that give her the right to terrorize and belittle her co workers?  Someone has to straighten her out, put her in rehab, and case closed.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Dorinda is very good at telling the other women to pay for Sonja (birthday party, cabaret appearance).  Why doesn’t SHE throw a birthday party for Sonja????

Excellent point.  It's so easy to spend other people's money, isn't it?  Nevermind that Dorinda was probably flat broke when she said that, after paying out big bucks to put BSM back together again.

• Love 9
On 7/9/2020 at 11:21 PM, ichbin said:

I have to say that during that entire fight Sonja looked like she was laughing and Luann seemed to be putting it on and neatly laughing herself. It all seemed more fake than ever  before.

Agree completely.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Does that give her the right to terrorize and belittle her co workers?  Someone has to straighten her out, put her in rehab, and case closed.

I totally agree!  There's no excuse for the way she talks to the other ladies, stress or no stress.  

• Love 10

I like certain things about Dorinda's redecorated house.  I don't like all the knick-knacks, they make me nervous!  The shiny blue walls would be annoying after a while. But the purple couches and the chartreuse-like walls are so cheerful and happy looking.  They make me smile. The stair runner is adorable.   It would be great to have all that money to do some fun interior design. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Yup, she had her natural normal sized boobs. She also had a really cute haircut back then . Now she's sporting a dry, fried mess and the color job looks cheap and brassy. I'm surprised with all her money she isn't going to the best colorist in NYC.  

All that bleach makes it dry, plus she’s older now and your hair somehow loses its luster.  Besides, she probably uses those clip ons.  Guess those bigger boobs aren’t attracting too many men now.  She seems to go to a lot of meet ups, but nothing is sticking.  It all must be exhausting.

• Like 1
  • Love 13

Hell, I think ALL these RHONY women NEED the $$$$!!  Whether they need it to pay the rent, taxes, whatever; or they need it to keep up their VACATION homes, they are ALL completely dependent on the Bravo Bucks.  Otherwise, they'd have to scale back their "lifestyle".  Just THINK how screechy they'd be if they HAD to downsize! OY!

I'm kinda tired of it all.  This Covid-19 stuff has seriously made me re-think my priorities. And that's a GOOD thing!  The rest of the Covid-19 stuff is really sucky.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Ms. Me said:

I like certain things about Dorinda's redecorated house.  I don't like all the knick-knacks, they make me nervous!  The shiny blue walls would be annoying after a while. But the purple couches and the chartreuse-like walls are so cheerful and happy looking.  They make me smile. The stair runner is adorable.   It would be great to have all that money to do some fun interior design. 

7 hours ago, nexxie said:

Lurved the scene where Len practiced saying no to Ramona! But when Dorinda said Len would die first, I wanted Len to say, “Don’t be so sure - if you keep being a bully someone might drive over you in a truck.”

Dorinda I’m sure will go first when she stumbles into the lion pit at Bronx Zoo, mistakes him for Tinsley and drunkenly taunts him like this lady:

Only this time he’ll be mad rather than adorably confused.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

I must say I was mesmerized by that young model-y photo behind Luann in her THs. She was such a combination of her son & daughter; I could see them both clearly in that photo. And she was really beautiful. In fact, I think perhaps Luann was stunted by her beauty & never had to work through her demons. Beauty can be a double edged sword like that...

This is the best thing I've read on these forums ever. Thanks for the insight. I think you may be right. And applicable to many people who hide behind admirers. 

I've always thought Luanne was beyond beautiful. I've also wondered what held her back from a great life.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Ms. Me said:

Loved the purple couch and stair runners. Will be looking for similar items asap.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

It IS! It used to be fun when I first moved to this town years ago, but now I’m over it. I’m definitely out this year. Especially since we’ve all been weened off of going out to restaurants for the last 6 months. 

Me too.  It started with Mahjong and Canasta at each other’s houses, then the Birthdays in a restaurant.  Then one by one, everyone disappeared.  Now, it’s down to a phone call here and there.  Everyone’s either tired or would rather go out with the husband.  When all the little kiddies were home, we were up to three nights a week playing Canasta, drinking wine and eating chips and dip, lol.  Now I’m watching Housewives and crap t.v. In my pj’s and content.  And snarking.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 7/9/2020 at 9:57 PM, chick binewski said:

Is Luann reading cue cards? 

As much as I love this show, lately a lot of it feels "staged" or as if they are trying really hard to drum up drama for entertainment purposes. None of them are good actresses. And Luann's flip of the switch on cutting Sonja from the show seemed awfully abrupt when the whole 'she should get paid' actually started by Dorinda and Ramona chirping about it, not Sonja. 

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Me too.  It started with Mahjong and Canasta at each other’s houses, then the Birthdays in a restaurant.  Then one by one, everyone disappeared.  Now, it’s down to a phone call here and there.  Everyone’s either tired or would rather go out with the husband.  When all the little kiddies were home, we were up to three nights a week playing Canasta, drinking wine and eating chips and dip, lol.  Now I’m watching Housewives and crap t.v. In my pj’s and content.  And snarking.

Wow. I’m looking in the mirror! In the beginning I couldn’t wait to get back out, now I’m so used to staying home with my family, I have to force myself! I love being on the couch watching crap and eating!!! This Thursday is my first night out with 3 couples and I’m happy it’s at end of the week and not tomorrow 🙂 ask me how I feel Thursday afternoon, I won’t be happy. I guess we are adapting to this better than we thought. I feel bad for the restaurants though....

(No stranger to mahjong too! )

Edited by VedaPierce
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Wow. I’m looking in the mirror! In the beginning I couldn’t wait to get back out, now I’m so used to staying home with my family, I have to force myself! I love being on the couch watching crap and eating!!! This Thursday is my first night out with 3 couples and I’m happy it’s at end of the week and not tomorrow 🙂 ask me how I feel Thursday afternoon, I won’t be happy. I guess we are adapting to this better than we thought. I feel bad for the restaurants though....

(No stranger to mahjong too! )

Haha .. It might be a South-North Shore thing.  My kids used to skate with Bethenny at “Hot Skates”.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

This is the best thing I've read on these forums ever. Thanks for the insight. I think you may be right. And applicable to many people who hide behind admirers. 

I've always thought Luanne was beyond beautiful. I've also wondered what held her back from a great life.

OMG, what a compliment! Thank you BravoFan27, I'm blushing... ☺️

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Does Lu think she is Norma Desmond?? Could that have been any more staged? If it wasn’t she is even more of a diva than I ever thought. 

OMG .. that is so funny.  She was acting so much she needed a staircase.  While she was screaming, her face was contorted.

• Love 5
On 7/11/2020 at 3:36 PM, Anne Thrax said:

Redecorate, resurface, repaint, etc.  Why is absolutely EVERYthing in that place over the top fancy, gilded or ornately carved?  Right down to the dragon andirons it's all so overly overdone.  It is a truly lovely piece of architecture but her taste has ruined the class the house could have had.  She even had a do-over and still got it so terribly wrong, wrong, wrong.  For someone who knows "wealth whispers", she decorated the place like a shouting nouveau riche hick. 

Wow. Spot. On. I THOUGHT I loved it, but you’re beginning to talk me out of it lol lol. 

I actually thought Dorinda always had the best taste out of all of them, but maybe she or her designer got a bit heavy-handed. I think Luann had excellent taste and dressed the best until the last few seasons when she started hocking her dresses and statement necklaces. Then she felt obligated to always wear her cheap crap and ruined her look. She used to be stunning, long and lean and always in cashmere and boots and long coats. 

• Love 13
On 7/11/2020 at 5:08 PM, Thumper said:

Dorinda is very good at telling the other women to pay for Sonja (birthday party, cabaret appearance).  Why doesn’t SHE throw a birthday party for Sonja????

This. 

• Love 5
On 7/11/2020 at 1:55 PM, PradaKitty said:

Regarding Jill-it would be appropriate to have a New Yorker who sounds like what the rest of America thinks New Yorkers sounds like. 
To be fair to this show, they were initially hit with Bethenny bailing right before filming began and then hit again when Tinsley left, so they’ve been frantically trying to put this season together without two of their big draws. 
...I really miss Bethenny’s wit (and Catole’s too!).

Bethenny with the Red Scarf guy imitating Ramona giving him a drink was GOLD.  Her thinking heads were the best.  Dorinda thinks she’s funny but is not.  In fact, none of them right now have any Witt.  Laughter is what’s missing.  Leah’s drunken rants are not funny.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Lu might have pulled off her rant about Sonja more convincingly if she hadn't been drunk as a skunk so....

Agreed.  I used to think -- in the 'olden' days of RHONY - that I never really saw Luann 'drunk.'  But now, having see her sober last season, I can see how alcohol genuinely affects her.  Her rant re Sonja was soooo alcohol-fueled.  Her face, her posture, her mean sloppy words....I guess that is the reality of what happens to her when she goes beyond one 'social' drink.   It was kind of painful to see her visibly lose her dignity.  ☹️ Sometimes I wonder if Bravo has some deal going with celebrity rehabs...

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Wow. Spot. On. I THOUGHT I loved it, but you’re beginning to talk me out of it lol lol. 

I actually thought Dorinda always had the best taste out of all of them, but maybe she or her designer got a bit heavy-handed. I think Luann had excellent taste and dressed the best until the last few seasons when she started hocking her dresses and statement necklaces. Then she felt obligated to always wear her cheap crap and ruined her look. She used to be stunning, long and lean and always in cashmere and boots and long coats. 

Now she’s in sequined baseball jackets and sequined captains hats.  WTF?  Not a good look at that age mah friend.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

Luann’s rant at Sonja did seem fake, especially since she almost never loses her cool during times when most people would...like when Bethany was calling her a slut and a whore for no reason, or when Bethany was going totally nuts on her in Florida and revealing all the dirty details of her intervention and the really ugly stuff that shouldn’t be revealed about a so-called friend on camera. She never lost her cool when confronted by Alex and actually laughed in her face, when Bethany called her a snake at the fashion show, or even when she was dragged by the others on countless reunions, being called out about the Pirate Incident—which cost her her relationship. I actually always admired her ability to never lose her temper when faced with really aggressive behavior by her costars. That’s why I also wondered if she was faking at BSM too.... however, I believe she was being authentic because I think she was very drunk, and when Luann gets very drunk she does unbelievable things like hitting cops and resisting arrests and slipping out of handcuffs and running out of police cars. So yeah, her gnarled-up face while raging at Sonja over a minor infraction seems to kinda track with her personality shift while loaded.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

I’m finally watching the corresponding WWHL. Sonja looks like Lamb Chop.

Sonja says Lu is the worst tipper, Dorinda is most likely to pick up the check at a restaurant. She admits they’re all more intoxicated this season, and more often. She thinks with regard to holding her ulcohul, Lu has a “wooden” leg.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 11
On 7/11/2020 at 2:28 PM, VedaPierce said:

Omg! You don’t even know the half of it!!! Lol ! Girls being accidentally forgotten on the email, girls intentionally excluded from invites, constant confrontations, it’s CRAZY! I was thinking of writing a book. It’s Larry David material. And yes, at the height of it before quarantine, I was going out about once a week, sometimes twice and it was brutal, and It was becoming not fun. But still, I always felt an obligation, they came to mine so I felt guilt not going back, not paying it back. 

I was going to say Bravo should start a “Housewives of Long Island”, but they already did that, but it didn’t stick.  It was beginning to get interesting, then stopped.  Most of them had husbands that were on which made it interesting.  I love Larry David and still watch “Seinfeld” every morning.  Typical N.Y., “marble rye”, haha.

• Love 5