Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Oh Snap!

• Start Topic

Kiko faces his biggest challenge yet when demanding charter guests invite friends to join a six-course dinner; Hannah confronts Bugsy about their past; Rob and Jess find their relationship threatened; an injury threatens to upend the charter season.

Airs July 6, 2020.

I just set my DVR to record this. Oddly, it's playing at 9-10:30 and then again from 10:30-11:30. I'm not sure what's going on, but might want to check your settings if you're recording. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, snarts said:

I thought they were going to edit oit/limit Pete's role? You sure wouldn't know that from watching...

God, it can’t happen soon enough.  He’s totally harassing Bugsy.  He’s gross. 

• Love 21

Pete needs to go, like yesterday. He'll be lucky if no one reports him.

Those charter guys give the worst tip.no surprise. Cheap bastids.

Hope jess is okay. Thanks Andy for makin' us have to wait to find out

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

Binged this season today; is that a tat or henna on Jess’ hand?

I thought it was a lace glove for the first couple of episodes!

1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

Bugsy was totally shutting him down.  Creepy Pete indeed.......

I laughed my ass off at the perpetual muttering "I hate my job" Hannah, but takes her career seriously.  I've seen drive thru fast food employees with more zest for their job then I've EVER seen you have. 

And shut up about Rob.  Let Jess worry about it.  You told her.  After that, keep your nose out of it.

Can.  Not.  Wait.

Spoiler

For Hannah to be gone!

• Love 6

These guests were so annoying.

Best thing about them was Scout.

Was Malia really out of range or just busy with the dog?

Kiko really killed dinner. Of course Sandy had to get snotty in her TH.  Whining about “creativity”.  Please

Good thing everybody was able to help and worked well together.

Alex is a riot.  Pete can go away any time.  He and Lara deserve each other.

Hannah, Rob’s relationships are none of your business.

• Love 10

Kiko’s food looked amazing! He totally killed it!!  I though all the girls looked amazing on the night out but Bugsy was throwing out some Dorit (RHOBH) vibes with those hair clips lol. Pete just needs to not talk... ever... yuck! 

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Hannah, Rob’s relationships are none of your business.

Eh, I disagree. Rob appeared to Be actively posting romantic odes to this other woman while hooking up with Jess (or very shortly before). If someone on my team (especially someone I was friendly with) was falling for another coworker who I knew might have a girlfriend, I would at the very least give her a heads up or ask if she knew what the deal was. I wouldn’t want to see her get fucked over, nor would I want to deal with the drama resulting therefrom potentially spilling into the work. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, jkitty said:

Rob appeared to Be actively posting romantic odes to this other woman while hooking up with Jess (or very shortly before).

I completely missed that part 🙂 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, jkitty said:

Eh, I disagree. Rob appeared to Be actively posting romantic odes to this other woman while hooking up with Jess (or very shortly before). If someone on my team (especially someone I was friendly with) was falling for another coworker who I knew might have a girlfriend, I would at the very least give her a heads up or ask if she knew what the deal was. I wouldn’t want to see her get fucked over, nor would I want to deal with the drama resulting therefrom potentially spilling into the work. 

Which Hannah did-- saw the Instagram post and shared that with Jess.  Great.  Good.

After telling Jess?  Shut up and let Jess decide what she wants to do.  No need to do it at the dinner table, in front of the entire crew, when you already told Jess.

• Love 15
(edited)

I think I like Rob even more now than I did before.  I thought he handled Hannah's question about his "at home" relationship with class, and watching him tell that story about his Mom had me tearing up!  Good for him with 10 years sobriety from narcotics.  

I don't know if anyone else here is old enough to remember, but Rob kind of reminds me of a young Charlton Heston (some may remember him as Moses in the epic classic movie "The Ten Commandments").

I'm also liking Alex so far, too.  I liked the way he was willing to stand up to a fellow deckhand in defense of Bugsy.  I'm glad we're not seeing another "Bru Crew" season!!  But, Pete, the legend in his own mind, really needs to be put in his place - preferably on a plane home to wherever he lives.  What a douche.....his comments about his past hook-ups to Bugsy were completely out of line!!!  Did he really think he was going to impress her with his so-called sexual prowess?  Nothing turns a girl off more than a guy who brags about his past "conquests".  I actually still don't know what he called "his" stewardesses when they bleeped his words out.  It must have been pretty bad, because usually, you at least catch a part of the beginning of the word.

Sandy, of course, is still being a micro-manager.  I guess she had a lot of time on her hands because the boat was docked, but she still is in more scenes and sticking her nose in everywhere WAY more than Captain Lee ever did!!  I think she just loves being on camera!  

Kiko killed that dinner!!  And smiled throughout it.  He is certainly the opposite of many other chefs!!  He just seems to be a very easy-going kind of guy-I hope he gets better with his timing, though.  Could you imagine if Leon was the chef??  Or, God forbid, Mila??  Although it would have been fun to watch with either of those two!  

Oh, and Alex and Kiko were on WWHL with Andy tonight, and they were so cute~~Kiko is even more handsome, if that is possible!  

Lastly, that primary charter guest, while he seemed to be nice enough, was a cheap bastard.  That was a super crappy tip, especially after throwing a curve ball into that six course dinner by him and his friends adding extra guests.  Maybe that other asshole guest (with the overly tacky jeweled watches) should have kicked in a few thousand!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 15
(edited)

Kiko seems very well adjusted for a chef.

His meal was fantastic. I would have been satisfied with the filet mignon and the risotto. He really redeemed this charter that was stuck at the dock.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 14

Doesn’t surprise me at al that those ppl were shit tippers. They seem like a bunch of posers.

Pete’s so gross. He’s so fucking thirsty for Lara it’s embarrassing and kind of stalkerish lol. Does he think he’s funny? Ugh so lecherous.

Jessica seems like an idiot and I don’t know if I like Rob or not.

• Love 15

Loving Kiko. How refreshing to have a great chef who doesn't meltdown or belittle the stews. Can you even imagine some of the other chefs on this franchise reacting to having 4 add ons with a 6 course tasting menu

• Love 16
29 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Yes I agree with your whole post. 

And Kiko must be protected at all costs! 

He's the cutest gentlest guy to grace our Bravo screens in a long time. WWHL had me smitten.  I want to wake tomorrow a more calm person...inspired by Kiko. So laid back & sweet.

I called Adrian the Unicorn of Below Deck.

I was wrong.  Kiko is the true Unicorn.

Alex was also adorable on WWHL.  They brought up the cold jacuzzi and Bugsy pointing (not cool Bugsy) and he handled it with humor.   

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Alex was also adorable on WWHL.  They brought up the cold jacuzzi and Bugsy pointing (not cool Bugsy) and he handled it with humor.   

No way anything would happen between them after she pointed at his package and laughed.  Malia was there to witness it.

You know with social media, it's surprising that they wouldn't even tip $20k, just $3k more.

Not surprising that Kiko pulled it off.  They wanted to build it up as some great obstacle for Kiko and the whole crew.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, dosodog said:

Which Hannah did-- saw the Instagram post and shared that with Jess.  Great.  Good.

After telling Jess?  Shut up and let Jess decide what she wants to do.  No need to do it at the dinner table, in front of the entire crew, when you already told Jess.

Yeah she maybe should have just dropped it then. But she did just ask him about a person he was publicly posting about on Instagram. It’s not like Rob was hiding this. It was out there so I don’t think Hannah was completely out of line for asking a question about it. 

I hope Rob is not a shady asshole because I like him and Jess together. And his discussion of his mom and addiction was very moving. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, dosodog said:

I called Adrian the Unicorn of Below Deck.

I was wrong.  Kiko is the true Unicorn.

Yes!!  I usually don't watch WWHL, but watched last night and thoroughly enjoyed both Alex and Kiko!!  Alex also seems like he is a nice guy and not afraid to laugh at himself!!  Hope that stays the same throughout the season.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, tinaw said:

Those charter guys give the worst tip.no surprise. Cheap bastids.

10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Lastly, that primary charter guest, while he seemed to be nice enough, was a cheap bastard.  That was a super crappy tip, especially after throwing a curve ball into that six course dinner by him and his friends adding extra guests.  Maybe that other asshole guest (with the overly tacky jeweled watches) should have kicked in a few thousand!!  

10 hours ago, Marley said:

Doesn’t surprise me at al that those ppl were shit tippers. They seem like a bunch of posers.

8 hours ago, scrb said:

You know with social media, it's surprising that they wouldn't even tip $20k, just $3k more.

This is why I love this show.  You know the asshole primary and all his asshole friends thought it would raise their profile to be on a reality show.  And now they're just exposed as cheap, annoying assholes.

• Love 12
(edited)

Didn’t that guy realize how deeply weird it was to portray his relationship with his dog like that on TV. It was just weird. Lots of people love their puppies but do they bring them on vacation? Don’t most places require some sort of quarantine? He seemed more interested in his dog than his guests. It was weird. 

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, scrb said:

No way anything would happen between them after she pointed at his package and laughed.  Malia was there to witness it.

Not surprising that Kiko pulled it off.  They wanted to build it up as some great obstacle for Kiko and the whole crew.

Maybe not that night, but he really was very complimentary about Bugsy on WWHL.  Like so complementary that I'm wondering if they are now a couple.

He was smitten like a kitten!  I mean, he thought the oversize hair clip was hot, soooo.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

None of the crew seemed to be surprised by the crappy tip.  

Well, they never left the dock.  They had a weird failed beach picnic.  Other than Kiko's food, I'm sure the whole thing was pretty mediocre for them.

• Love 17
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

None of the crew seemed to be surprised by the crappy tip.  

Actually besides the big meal most of the service was very subpar. Crap actually.

For example I would never want to be transported in hot sticky cabs when I could be brought back to the boat in a tender. That’s about the only time they were on the water at all. Major fail.

They were continually late in service matters and the guests were sitting around waiting for food and drinks.

I agree that they were cheap but the service was horrible especially when they didn’t get off the dock because of crew error. They were far from the most annoying or demanding guests. They seemed very bland actually. They never would have brought extra people for meals if they had actually left the dock.

They didn’t deserve a super generous tip. A bare 15% would be adequate along with the notation that I would not recommend this yacht.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Marley said:

Pete’s so gross. He’s so fucking thirsty for Lara it’s embarrassing and kind of stalkerish lol. Does he think he’s funny? Ugh so lecherous.

Jessica seems like an idiot and I don’t know if I like Rob or not.

Rob seems low key sleazy. He's obviously way below Pete on the sleazy scale, but he's certainly a quiet player. I'm watching right now, the dinner scene actually. All of a sudden he's not in an open relationship? I bet his girlfriend at home didn't know their relationship had ended. 

*** okay, show just ended, I'm guessing he didn't want to be alone for his 10 year NA anniversary and maybe that was needed and better for him, but Jess should have been told more going in ***

Bugsy is even more annoying than the last time around. And maybe it's because I don't swing that way, but I'm still not seeing her as pretty in anyway what so ever. I didn't get it before and I don't get it now. She's got a horsey/manly face and her personality sucks too, so it's not even like one cancels out the other. Oh, and the table scape she did for the 6 course meal was just tacky again too. The black and gold combo is just so dated and really just screams Atlantic City at this point. 

Was I imagining it, or didn't Lara say she never talked to Pete again after she left the boat? Did she forget he was being taped? 

As for Sandy, stop lurking like a creep in the back of the scenes. I was so wishing Kiko had told her to leave him the fuck alone when he was trying to prep his 72 plates and she decided it was the time to go bother him in the galley. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Actually besides the big meal most of the service was very subpar. Crap actually.

For example I would never want to be transported in hot sticky cabs when I could be brought back to the boat in a tender. That’s about the only time they were on the water at all. Major fail.

They were continually late in service matters and the guests were sitting around waiting for food and drinks.

I agree that they were cheap but the service was horrible especially when they didn’t get off the dock because of crew error. They were far from the most annoying or demanding guests. They seemed very bland actually. They never would have brought extra people for meals if they had actually left the dock.

They didn’t deserve a super generous tip. A bare 15% would be adequate along with the notation that I would not recommend this yacht.

Well, the tip may be part of the fiction anyways.

Probably didn't help that they couldn't get out of harbor.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

What??? You didn't enjoy the table setting? Bugsy did it did you know that?  I swear I heard Sandy ask the guests if they were enjoying the table setting.  Never mind the 72 identical plates your chef is killing himself to get out to your guests.

I honestly think that Sandy has a major crush on Bugsy, and if Bugs was gay, Sandy would be dropping her partner in a heartbeat to go after Bugs.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, jkitty said:

I hope Rob is not a shady asshole because I like him and Jess together.

I do too

Spoiler

Rumor is he is now dating Madison from Below Deck Sailing Yacht

3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

As for Sandy, stop lurking like a creep in the back of the scenes. I was so wishing Kiko had told her to leave him the fuck alone when he was trying to prep his 72 plates and she decided it was the time to go bother him in the galley. 

She is making the show almost unwatchable for me (and I thought Pete would be the only one to do that). BACK OFF. If I was a guest, I would be annoyed she was always popping up to ask me how I liked stuff every ten minutes. 

Kiko is a dream. I agree that Alex and Kiko were great on WWHL last night. 

Bugsy. Girl you work hard but cool it with the accessories. Dorit is not someone to aspire to be! (Although it might explain the heavy handed tablescapes)

The primary is already on social media defending the tip. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Maybe they wanted to show Pete in all his misogynistic glory before they fade him out. 

19 minutes ago, jmcd44 said:

The primary is already on social media defending the tip. 

Oooh what did he say??

• Love 5

Kiko’s big meal looked good but I was sort of surprised for all the talk about oysters he was only planning on serving two a person. Yes it made sense for the six course meal but it seemed clear the guest was thinking of a big platter! I mean I could polish off 24 oysters by myself!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Kiko’s big meal looked good but I was sort of surprised for all the talk about oysters he was only planning on serving two a person. Yes it made sense for the six course meal but it seemed clear the guest was thinking of a big platter! I mean I could polish off 24 oysters by myself!

Me too, and I've done it!

• Love 3
On 6/18/2020 at 4:41 PM, heavysnaxx said:

Exactly.

The more relevant distinction between Hannah and Pete is that Pete feels entitled to address his superior, Malia, this way. If the difference still isn't clear, try imagining Pete addressing another superior this way. Like Captain Lee.

IIRC, Hannah has never done the equivalent to her superior, Sandy.

Isn’t Bugsy Pete’s superior? She has 2 stripes to his one. At the end of her first charter he tells her about “c*ck bouncing stews” that were fun on his other job experience? He decides he is not going to make it easy for her, like he did with Lara, he will “actually make her work for it”!!! What world do we live in where a 28 year old man says that to his superior ranking officer at his brand new job on camera without ANY shame or sense that is wrong AT ALL?!! GTFOH and go call Lara, Pete. No one is interested in you. Lara can’t get along since primary school. Go fuck off together. Get him off TV. 

• Love 16

Kiko makes this ‘moqueca’ dish a lot, but I don’t even tire of seeing it because it looks freaking delicious!  I found some recipes online and will attempt it soon (there’s coconut milk in it!).

😋

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Kiko makes this ‘moqueca’ dish a lot, but I don’t even tire of seeing it because it looks freaking delicious!

I agree.

I hope he doesn't get criticized for it. It seemed like Sandy was leaning that way when questioning creativity. As with Leon's beef cheeks, as long as he's serving the dish to different groups and they love it, what difference does it make? When you're in an unfamiliar situation it makes sense to make something that's your specialty and you know you can execute successfully. If I were a guest watching the episodes, thinking the food I'd had was delicious and seeing other guests served the same meals, I wouldn't care at all. Captain Lurky needs to understand that creativity means it tastes good and isn't run of the mill, not that every meal is different. Restaurants don't change their menus every night.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Passing Strange said:

As with Leon's beef cheeks, as long as he's serving the dish to different groups and they love it, what difference does it make?

Exactly that argument only makes sense when talking about this as a tv show and even then because we can’t eat the food and the dish is barely shown I don’t think it makes much sense on those grounds either.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Oooh what did he say??

I am bored so I looked at his Instagram stories. He posted the below:  

image.png.6b985c300ba635ce1da5229ab394ec06.png

Then his next one was this, which is actually from a fact checking article debunking "Facebook user Bill Faudel".

image.png.0ab7a4185eb6f6118d7ced120745716f.png

I need to get some hobbies. 

Edited by jmcd44
I have no life.
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I honestly think that Sandy has a major crush on Bugsy, and if Bugs was gay, Sandy would be dropping her partner in a heartbeat to go after Bugs.  

Rumor has it, that's why she's anti Hannah, she saw her with guys and figured out it was a no go there. 

40 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

I agree.

I hope he doesn't get criticized for it. It seemed like Sandy was leaning that way when questioning creativity. As with Leon's beef cheeks, as long as he's serving the dish to different groups and they love it, what difference does it make? When you're in an unfamiliar situation it makes sense to make something that's your specialty and you know you can execute successfully. If I were a guest watching the episodes, thinking the food I'd had was delicious and seeing other guests served the same meals, I wouldn't care at all. Captain Lurky needs to understand that creativity means it tastes good and isn't run of the mill, not that every meal is different. Restaurants don't change their menus every night.

Yep, she said something a couple of episodes ago about him serving it again. Other than her incessant need to involve herself and micro manage, why would she care? It's new to every charter and they all seem to love it. I could see if he was making it for every crew meal and they were getting tired of it, but he wasn't. But since Sandy doesn't seem to approve of it being served to different charters, it must be wrong. 

4 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

What??? You didn't enjoy the table setting? Bugsy did it did you know that?  I swear I heard Sandy ask the guests if they were enjoying the table setting.  Never mind the 72 identical plates your chef is killing himself to get out to your guests.

My favorite part was the gold elephant she managed to throw in there. Why???? And who's grandma's living room did she have to steal it from? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5