Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Oh Snap!

• Start Topic

I liked when Bugsy told Pete he’s batshit crazy. He is SUCH a creep. He is so aggressive and I’m sure he used to rush to take advantage of drunk stews on his other yachts. THAT is how he got so much action, it’s not due to his prowess. They were likely blackout drunk...ew...

When he sat on the counter and stared at Bugsy...he truly believes he’s all that, and too sexy for any woman to resist. He’s grotesque. But I’m laughing because he definitely DOES deserve gnarly Lara. 

Bugsy. Bugs. Interesting name/s. WHY?? What is her real name again? I would go by that.....

Alex is smitten alright! He just gazes at her. 

Malia’s boyfriend looks really cute. I like Malia this season. But I must admit that I’m shocked she hasn’t once drawn attention to the fact that she’s a “cute, attractive bosun”, lol.  

Hannah should lighten up, have more fun, smile. Be like Kiko. 🥰

• Love 5
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

Bugsy. Bugs. Interesting name/s. WHY?? What is her real name again? I would go by that.....

Hannah should lighten up, have more fun, smile. Be like Kiko. 🥰

Bugsy definitely bugs!

The world would be a better place if we all have more fun and smile like Kiko ♥️

Edited by Luckylondon
Formatting
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Sage47 said:

When he sat on the counter and stared at Bugsy...he truly believes he’s all that, and too sexy for any woman to resist

His mirror seriously needs to be Windexed.

I’m finding Alex cuter each week.  How are the girls not falling all over him?  (Maybe because they really don’t go for the nice guys, though I totally would)

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

None of the crew seemed to be surprised by the crappy tip.  

At least one of them muttered about it being a low tip and seemed surprised.  Not leaving the dock is a hard hill to climb.  The crew probably thought they deserved more because of the randoms. But not knowing what they can do to entertain the guests if they can't leave the dock is kind of inexcusable.

22 hours ago, dosodog said:

Which Hannah did-- saw the Instagram post and shared that with Jess.  Great.  Good.

After telling Jess?  Shut up and let Jess decide what she wants to do.  No need to do it at the dinner table, in front of the entire crew, when you already told Jess.

I thought what Hannah said to Rob at dinner reflected at least as badly on Jess as on Rob. It kind of outed her as one of those women who will whine about the bad boyfriends they've had (how many of those THs has she done that in already?).  But when she finds out the guy she likes  is/may be in a relationship she doesn't do anything about it.   Doesn't even bring it up.   Just sits around and hopes the guy will pick her.  And then cries later when a guy that cheats with her later cheats on her.

I don't think Hannah is trying to stand up for a friend.  She's just trying to get the drama started for the show because Jess won't do anything with it. Any drama will fizzle out now because Jess doesn't care if Rob was or wasn't serious about someone at home.  And Rob says it was an open relationship that he for some reason needed to end before starting any thing with Jess so he did.  Maybe.  .

• Love 2

Props to the editor who decided, instead of deleting him from the show, to fully expose just how disgusting a person he is. 
Bugst should have reported him for harassment and had him removed from the boat.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Props to the editor who decided, instead of deleting him from the show, to fully expose just how disgusting a person he is. 
Bugst should have reported him for harassment and had him removed from the boat.

I totally agree that he was disgusting, but there is no way that Bugsy saying "you look like you're undressing me with your eyes" was a good idea. To a guy like that it's encouragement, as if she's saying she wants him to. She should have just said "you look like an idiot-- go do some work."

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I totally agree that he was disgusting, but there is no way that Bugsy saying "you look like you're undressing me with your eyes" was a good idea. To a guy like that it's encouragement, as if she's saying she wants him to. She should have just said "you look like an idiot-- go do some work."

...  But didn't she add something like "I feel violated" just after that ? And if it is how she felt, why wouldn't she said it ? Why is it not a "good idea" ? How did you come to this conclusion that it was a kind of encouragement ? I don't get it.

• Love 6
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

...  But didn't she add something like "I feel violated" just after that ? And if it is how she felt, why wouldn't she said it ? Why is it not a "good idea" ? How did you come to this conclusion that it was a kind of encouragement ? I don't get it.

because (AFAIR) SHE introduced the sexual aspect into the whole conversation. He could plead innocence "I'm just looking at you-- why are you interpreting it as sexual? You must be the one thinking about sex!" Not that I'm defending him-- he's an obvious jerk and that's exactly what he WAS doing. And she's entitled to say how she feels- I just think with jerks like this it's not going to be effective. I think she should have said "you are acting like an ass."

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

As for Sandy, stop lurking like a creep in the back of the scenes. I was so wishing Kiko had told her to leave him the fuck alone when he was trying to prep his 72 plates and she decided it was the time to go bother him in the galley

She is so creepy 😱

• Love 15
(edited)

Bugsy was trying to let him know he was creepy, however, Pete heard her chastising him “you are undressing me with your eyes!” as flirting and said, “so you are naked?” Then she muttered, “I feel violated” to Jess and walked away. It is classic hostile workplace situation where she is new and not trying to make a big thing out of it, yet also let him know he is being weird and she doesn’t understand his aggressive staring and he is classic in that he only hears what he wants to hear. This is why training is important and necessary for legal liability because asshats like Pete don’t get it and it becomes gray even to the viewers and those who witness (Jess and Kiko) who may not pay attention to every word so they don’t necessarily know if everyone is cool and ok and it is obvious she made it clear to him that she doesn’t like it and he must stop or if she is truly feeling violated and may need help asserting for him to stop. I agree with both of the posters above that Bugsy was uncomfortable and feeling violated and the most effective thing would be to tell him to stop with a hard “stop it” without awkward laughing; however, she is not wrong for being dumbstruck and not having the exact right words or reaction in the moment because she is completely shocked by the audacity of this random co-worker and she thinks her verbal and non-verbal behavior IS being clear.

I admit that I previously thought that Sandy should have advised Malia to tell Pete to stop with the sweetheart comments, rather than to call them all in for an immediate meeting; however now looking at it from a supervisory and potentially legal perspective, once she hears of it, she must address it and make it clear it won’t be tolerated. He is a lawsuit waiting to happen and Sandy and the charter company and production can be liable if things further escalate and, God forbid, there was an assault. Who knew when an employee began being inappropriate and what they did about it as his employer will become legally relevant. Best to cover your own ass and shut down anything you learn about immediately, model how to immediately handle it to Malia so that she knows to be more forceful and verbally clear the first time. Pete seems to clearly misinterpret boundaries and what verbal attention is both appropriate and/or welcomed. He doesn’t pick up on the obvious discomfort of Malia or Bugsy that they are counting on him to understand. It was clear as day to Rob and Alex who walked out of that meeting and said, “that was about you, dude.” It’s complicated because they live and work together and clearly many of the crew have personal romantic flings in the workplace, so it isn’t crazy that the guy would try. I shudder to think how Pete would have pressed his game if it wasn’t so obvious to him that Bugsy was responding more to Alex. He picked up on that and he backed off to go back to his cabin to call Lara... for that night, at least.

This instance aside, Sandy is still an intervening lurking lurker who lurks, inserting herself and causing problems where there are none. 

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

I have to say I didn’t remember Bugsy as being this unpleasant and stupid. I think she is going to be a horrible Chief stew. Getting into the hot tub drunk out of your face flirting with a new crew mate is straight out of Jenna’s playbook.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Pete was creepiest to me when he was inferring that he was "allowing" Malia to have control. Sweetheart needs to go back to being captain of his kayak, or whatever the fuck his worthless ass does. 

I'm enjoying Bugsy this season, as well as the fact that she has 2 deckhands into her (even if one of them is creepy Pete). I feel like she wasn't even in consideration for a showmance on her last season. She reminds me of a blonde Heather Matarrazo. 

You know how there is apparently a Superman somewhere in every scene of Seinfeld? Sandy is Captain Seinfeld Superman. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 7/8/2020 at 9:53 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

I have to say I didn’t remember Bugsy as being this unpleasant and stupid. I think she is going to be a horrible Chief stew. Getting into the hot tub drunk out of your face flirting with a new crew mate is straight out of Jenna’s playbook.

I see Bugsy’s behavior as an attempt to correct her behavior from last time to boost her name and reputation. However, I think that she seems to be over correcting for her performance and in reaction to the viewer’s and the internet’s opinion of her from her previous season where she undermined Hannah and not-picked at her and had to constantly ingratiate herself to Sandy as being a better and more conscientious and capable worker. Viewers reacted to her by not liking her too much and feeling like she was annoying. The crew liked her. So she may be trying to come back and be fun and hip and cool and friends with everyone and realllly easy to get along with and happy to be professional and do a fantastic spectacular job (and still be better than Hannah!) and try to repair people’s distaste for her. Otherwise, Hannah is right... why would she come back if Hannah is so terrible to work under and Bugsy is Chief Stew on every other boat that she works on? Second stew is a really hard job. They are always miserable and feel way overworked and like they are doing more than anyone because they are doing more physical work in running around serving than the Chief or Third Stew and they are definitely planning more than the Third, yet less than the Chief (although they often argue otherwise and that they are carrying it all). Would many people take a demotion that requires more work, less pay, less control, less money for a boss that  makes them miserably unhappy and also live and sleep in an area the size of a coffin for 6 weeks?  You also must eat and socialize together and everything that occurs will be filmed? So Bugsy is back for a reason. Methinks the reason to agree to that level of misery involves having a do-over on a hit Bravo show again. Possibly because whenever she meets people they say that they are surprised to like her because they did not like her on the show and that bothers her because she wants to be liked; or when she meets people, they say that she is so much better than Hannah and she wants to be proven right and she needs to do that on TV. Or... perhaps Sandy has been plotting all along about firing Hannah and hinted to Bugsy that she may have an opportunity to be Chief Stew. Or maybe she needs the money and wants to work with Malia. There could be many reasons why she might be back, however the full coordinated outfit with hat and multiple giant fashion-forward attempts with multiple large hair accessories screams a fashion glow-up attempt and a thirst for reputation repair that involves making sure the crew really loves her and everyone sees how cool she is to be around, socially and professionally, in order to prove to the world that she is great and beautiful and cool and that the problem really is and was Hannah the whole time. 

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Pete was creepiest to me when he was inferring that he was "allowing" Malia to have control. Sweetheart needs to go back to being captain of his kayak, or whatever the fuck his worthless 

*yes!!

I'm enjoying Bugsy this season, as well as the fact that she has 2 deckhands into her (even if one of them is creepy Pete). I feel like she wasn't even in consideration for a showmance on her last season. She reminds me of a blonde Heather Matarrazo. 

*Lol, I now can’t unsee this.

You know how there is apparently a Superman somewhere in every scene of Seinfeld? Sandy is Captain Seinfeld

*  I did not know that and yesssss 😂

Edited by Luckylondon
29 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

I did enjoy how everyone was ignoring Pete at dinner 😁

Everyone at the table suppressed their internal eye-roll and tried not to make eye-contact at his grand gentlemanly gesture when ordering... “have all the ladies ordered? Yes? Ok, I will have the...” 🙄 They straight up ignored him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Pete was creepiest to me when he was inferring that he was "allowing" Malia to have control. Sweetheart needs to go back to being captain of his kayak, or whatever the fuck his worthless ass does. 

You know how there is apparently a Superman somewhere in every scene of Seinfeld? Sandy is Captain Seinfeld Superman. 

Didn’t Bugsy and Ben become a couple that season? I’m remembering flowers or something, maybe for her birthday?

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Didn’t Bugsy and Ben become a couple that season? I’m remembering flowers or something, maybe for her birthday?

No. Ben never date Bugsy, he dated Emily on BD who has a similar look, blonde with big teeth. Ben and Bugsy never worked together. Adam was the chef on her first season.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I don't know the answer, but I am so impressed when people do remember these people (though I do kindof remember the flowers). Someone earlier said that Rob was now dating someone (person was named- I don't know if was a spoil so I won't name her) from THE MOST RECENT SEASON OF SAILING YACHT, and I was like "who's that? I can't picture her" LOL. I looked her up and then of course I remembered. But for me it's like I forget everyone 10 minutes after the season ends.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Re: Kiko/Leon and repeating recipes:

I wouldn't repeat my recipes too often if I were a chef. It might be in their best interests as chefs to demonstrate that they can cook a variety of dishes. I remember that when Adrian left the boat, he had just gotten a position with a family in NYC as their personal chef (obviously, the family couldn't see what he had made throughout the season, but he made lots of different dishes).

Anyone watching this show, or past seasons, might think, "Hmm, all Kiko/Leon can cook are Brazilian dishes/beef cheeks, maybe they can't make too many dishes, hmmm..." and decide not to hire them.

• Useful 1
32 minutes ago, dleighg said:

lol I googled "emily below deck" and all the results showed this gal with dark brown hair who rang NO bells for me. But you're right, she was blonde on the show.

Yeah she looks so much better with the brown hair, her blonde was fried! But it’s what added to their similarity. Also, Emily’s teeth reminded me of Bugs Bunny so I always think the nickname would suit her better!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

Anyone watching this show, or past seasons, might think, "Hmm, all Kiko/Leon can cook are Brazilian dishes/beef cheeks, maybe they can't make too many dishes, hmmm..." and decide not to hire them.

The overlap of people who watch this show and are in the market to hire a private chef isn’t that great but to me the people have raved about Kiko’s food and he has a sweet personality. People were only really happy with Leon’s beef cheek dish and was a total asshole who didn’t care about the guests and their preferences which would mean a lot more in the hiring decision for most people.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yeah she looks so much better with the brown hair, her blonde was fried! But it’s what added to their similarity. Also, Emily’s teeth reminded me of Bugs Bunny so I always think the nickname would suit her better!

Didn't Emily's family call her Rabbit?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/7/2020 at 10:45 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Didn’t that guy realize how deeply weird it was to portray his relationship with his dog like that on TV. It was just weird. Lots of people love their puppies but do they bring them on vacation? Don’t most places require some sort of quarantine? He seemed more interested in his dog than his guests. It was weird. 

Um, did you see or listen to any of those other guests? I would be more interested in my dog than them too. Those people sucked.

On 7/7/2020 at 7:17 PM, Fostersmom said:

Rumor has it, that's why she's anti Hannah, she saw her with guys and figured out it was a no go there. 

That is a rumour that people on Reddit literally made up though. I don’t think there’s much merit behind it. 

On 7/7/2020 at 9:51 PM, Kiki777 said:

His mirror seriously needs to be Windexed.

I’m finding Alex cuter each week.  How are the girls not falling all over him?  (Maybe because they really don’t go for the nice guys, though I totally would)

He is a cutie - plus he’s 6’3! I like a tall man. 

That said, there’s really nobody on the show to fall all over him besides Bugsy. And she’s definitely flirting! As for the others— Jess connected with Rob right away, Hannah and Malia both have serious boyfriends, and Lara was only there for like 48 hours 🤣 

• Love 11

Between WWHL and some pictures I've come across on the internet*, I think they are a couple.

The pictures are very cozy and IMO, they both kind of look twitterpated (Bambi).  I'm also factoring in Alex's WWHL interview because he really was behaving and saying things that indicated he was into her.

Unless this is all an act, I'm switching my allegiance from Rob, who so far, is still fine in my book and hot, to Alex.  Who is, also so far, a respectful, kind, humorous, not afraid to show his adoration, comfortable in his own skin, guy.

Maybe Alex IS the true unicorn?

*I admit.  I have no life.  The house is clean,  the yard was mowed, I haven't worked since March, I've binge watched and read more books than I can count.  So I'm looking at pictures of Alex and Bugsy.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The overlap of people who watch this show and are in the market to hire a private chef isn’t that great but to me the people have raved about Kiko’s food and he has a sweet personality. People were only really happy with Leon’s beef cheek dish and was a total asshole who didn’t care about the guests and their preferences which would mean a lot more in the hiring decision for most people.

So rich people don't watch this show?

(edited)
6 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

So rich people don't watch this show?

Based on the demos for Bravo accurate. Ben clearly gets some Bravo fans on a one night off and several have stated that he absconded with the food they paid for in addition to his catering fee makes it seems even more in point. 

Edited by biakbiak
20 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Based on the demos for Bravo accurate. Ben clearly gets some Bravo fans on a one night off and several have stated that he absconded with the food they paid for in addition to his catering fee makes it seems even more in point. 

Ben always struck me as a sleazy wanker.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, AnnieBananie said:

Except creativity/variety wasn't really the problem with either Leon or Kiko. It was Kate and Sandy who tried to make it one. Both chefs served a variety of dishes, but in the interests of drama Kate and Sandy complained only about the one that was repeated.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Except creativity/variety wasn't really the problem with either Leon or Kiko. It was Kate and Sandy who tried to make it one. Both chefs served a variety of dishes, but in the interests of drama Kate and Sandy complained only about the one that was repeated.

To be fair, there were issues with Leon other than beef cheeks, such as keeping a filthy kitchen.  Kiko doesn't have any of those issues.  As far as we know at this point, anyway.

• Love 4

As much as I love Hannah, it's clear she's not the greatest team leader. When she told Bugsy she was going to write out a list because Jess "you know", Bugsy replied, "She'll get better". Bugsy's faith in Jess is a good sign of leadership, IMO.
Earlier (I think) when Bugsy brought Jess up to help with tablescaping, she showed that she is a leader ready to share her expertise and train her underlings.

Bugsy always seems to recognize that her job is to make the guests happy and she seems ready to provide a "This is a fun party!!" attitude that if I were a guest, I would appreciate. Hannah often is too stressed to lead a party attitude.

Bugsy reminds me of BD Amy Johnson and you may recall, Captain Lee LOVED Amy and the attitude she brought to the boat and the guest experience. 

Also, Jess could have stayed up with Alex when they partied late into the night. Why was the chief stew up all night pouring drinks and wiping down tables? I remember Alex encouraging Hannah with "We got this". Why on earth does the chief stew need to be reminded she's capable of a long, difficult night? If mistakes were made, the guests won't remember the next day so leave your least experienced stew to handle that shit show and save the chief and 2nd for when the light shines brightly (literally and figuratively) on service.

I apologize if I discussed events from last week's episode, they are mixed up in my head.

I don't hate Bugsy's table designs. I think the tables are attractive as you approach them. Too many doo dads for mealtime though.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

To be fair, there were issues with Leon other than beef cheeks, such as keeping a filthy kitchen.  Kiko doesn't have any of those issues.  As far as we know at this point, anyway.

And an asshole! He was told a story by the female primary that she didn’t want to eat rabbit because she had a rabbit as a pet and he still served all the guests including her rabbit even though Kat and Amy pointed out it was a shitty idea! Everyone else ended up eating and enjoying it but it was also an amazingly shitty thing to do

• Love 4

Anyone have Xfinity cable provider? This is the first episode of Below Deck Med that the SMART RESUME was not there. I checked the settings on my DVR and SMART RESUME is set to ON. Wondering why this episode does not have the SMART RESUME function?????????

3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

To be fair, there were issues with Leon other than beef cheeks, such as keeping a filthy kitchen.

Yes, I agree. After all, Leon was fired because his stove full of dirty pans was the cause of a fire. There were personality problems, too. My point is that Kate made a big deal out of an action that wasn't unreasonable and it looks like Sandy may be getting primed to do the same. Given the skill that Kiko has shown that would be ridiculous.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:22 AM, Mr. Miner said:

Did Sandy climb out of the hamper in the laundry room when she told Rob they need help in the galley? It's like you never know what side door or closet she's going to step out of. 

She goes into that hole, to the cooler, Lara wouldn't go in.  She tunnels from there to under a cabinet, in the galley. There she waits ready to pop out whenever they film in the galley.

• LOL 6
(edited)
On 7/9/2020 at 1:56 PM, luvthepros said:

Anyone have Xfinity cable provider? This is the first episode of Below Deck Med that the SMART RESUME was not there. I checked the settings on my DVR and SMART RESUME is set to ON. Wondering why this episode does not have the SMART RESUME function?????????

Oh Lord it's not just me! That damn feature is capricious and unreliable to the nth degree. Sometimes it's there sometimes not, sometimes it's only on half of the show length and not there the 2nd half. I asked an Xfinity installer who was installing the system for my neighbor and he said it just is what it is and there's no remedy or any changing it. I do hate Xfinity.but It's the only service available for my building. I'm currently in the northeast Seattle city limits.. If you or anyone has any idea about this please let me know.  Sorry for being ot  -- won't repeat🙁😎😇

Edited by BlueHawk
11 hours ago, BlueHawk said:

The next episode (the mushroom one) has the Smart Resume feature. I LOVE it and have never had a problem with it other than the Below Deck Med that I spoke about. Not all shows  or channels have this feature but I'm certainly glad that Bravo has it.

On 7/14/2020 at 11:46 AM, luvthepros said:

The next episode (the mushroom one) has the Smart Resume feature. I LOVE it and have never had a problem with it other than the Below Deck Med that I spoke about. Not all shows  or channels have this feature but I'm certainly glad that Bravo has it.

on my tv smart resume is listed under settings. The description is that it's available on recordings 30 min after airing and only on major networks major programs. Supposedly I can turn it on & off. However if I don't watch the program within 48 hr. the smart resume disappears & I have to go back to zapping on my own.Since I do not EVER watch any program in real time & only record.( even  the news) I was originally thrilled a the feature. Not so much nowadays...

• Love 1
On 7/17/2020 at 10:57 PM, BlueHawk said:

on my tv smart resume is listed under settings. The description is that it's available on recordings 30 min after airing and only on major networks major programs. Supposedly I can turn it on & off. However if I don't watch the program within 48 hr. the smart resume disappears & I have to go back to zapping on my own.Since I do not EVER watch any program in real time & only record.( even  the news) I was originally thrilled a the feature. Not so much nowadays...

The Smart Resume disappears if you don't watch the program within 48 hours? I have Xfinity and I've never had the Smart Resume disappear after any amount of time.

• Useful 1
(edited)

I'm happy for you😇 maybe it's better where you live. But that's the real for us hereabouts. It's spelled out right under "settings" in my xfinity menu. Just got my tv hooked up to my computer and will be sacrificing smart resume for several premium services that replace cable. No smart resume but no commercials either....cheaper too!💖

Edited by BlueHawk
15 hours ago, luvthepros said:

The Smart Resume disappears if you don't watch the program within 48 hours? I have Xfinity and I've never had the Smart Resume disappear after any amount of time.

Smart Resume is not an option if I watch on my tv with Roku but xfinity works.