Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E12: Eat, Drink, and Be Scary

• Start Topic

On 7/4/2020 at 8:50 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I cannot imagine how Leah's daughter is dealing with her mother's antics. 

I remember when my daughter (she is now 27), was about 13 I wore a sweater twin set in public, she was mortified...it does not take much to embarrass a preteen/teenager.  What goes thru Leah's head when she is drunk and sloppy and half naked on camera (please read the word "camera" as "camer-a" ala Jenna from 30 Rock, it is the only way I can say it now since the lockdown I binged the entire series, lol).

LOL. Dare I ask what was so objectionable about a sweater twin set to her? 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I also missed Tinsley. She brought a tinge of normalcy and a soupçon pf niceness that none of these other buddies possess.

She had her problems. An overbearing mother. A desperate wish to marry and procreate. An inability to stand up for herself.

But she isn’t a drunken monster like the rest of the cast.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, candle96 said:

It just wasn't cool but if I dressed "cool" that was embarrassing as well, I gave up trying to guess which pair of shoes of mine would piss her off! We laugh about it now but I doubt Leah's daughter will ever laugh about the on camer-a antics her mother pulls.

The teenage years are so very special, lol. Oy.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 7/2/2020 at 9:16 PM, Kiki777 said:

Whoa.  These self-filmed talking head shots are a little jarring.  The sound and look just doesn’t flow with the footage they’ve already shot.

Shows have been doing that.  Love and Hip Hop did it recently.

Can't stand Dorinda, but I LOVED that she went to Jimbos, yay!

I always liked Jill Zaran.  Never got the hate, at least she's not a drunken mess.

I have a group of GIRLFRIENDS and we're all over 50.  Like I said, being over 50 doesn't make you sitting in a rocking chair knitting.

I don't miss Tinsley at all.  

Sonja was shitfaced.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It just wasn't cool but if I dressed "cool" that was embarrassing as well, I gave up trying to guess which pair of shoes of mine would piss her off! We laugh about it now but I doubt Leah's daughter will ever laugh about the on camer-a antics her mother pulls.

The teenage years are so very special, lol. Oy.

This is very funny to me. A twin sweater set. Quelle horreur!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, candle96 said:

Kids are normally embarrassed of their parents until they become parents themselves.  Then they get it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

“ you’re whacked out of your mind .. you look and sound ridiculous”.  Thats Dorinda talking Tom Sonja.  Plus, why did they. All circle around Ramona and tell her everything that is wrong with her?  Why didn’t they all circle around Dorinda and tell her she was wrong when she was terrorizing Tinsley?  Are they afraid of Dorinda?  This all was said at the Halloween party, and only caught it the second time I watched.  No one calls Dorinda out.  She gets away with murder, and will do it again to her next victim.  Ramona I think, maybe at her birthday party.

• Love 9
55 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Why didn’t they all circle around Dorinda and tell her she was wrong when she was terrorizing Tinsley?  Are they afraid of Dorinda?  This all was

Ramona was on Watch What Happens Live and someone asked her why no one defended Tinsley. She said they were all afraid of Dorinda and she regretted not speaking up.

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mar said:

Ramona was on Watch What Happens Live and someone asked her why no one defended Tinsley. She said they were all afraid of Dorinda and she regretted not speaking up.

Really?  I don’t watch WWHL as he liquors them up so they spill the beans.  At the Halloween party, Dorinda was acting up again, this time at Sonja and mostly Ramona.  She never learns to keep her trap shut.  She’s miserable that she doesn’t have a boyfriend, and very jealous of all of them in one way or another.  She told Tinsley she didn’t have to “ lie on her back” to get expensive shoes, but I’m sure she laid on her back for free dry cleaning and gowns from John and other things.  Many women don’t have husbands or boyfriends to help with their bills, so why is she complaining?  Many women don’t have Brownstone Manor either.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

don’t watch WWHL as he liquors them up so they spill the beans

If that’s your only objection that doesn’t happen any longer because they are all over ZOOM.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 7/3/2020 at 1:16 PM, Kiki777 said:

Leah really is full of crap.  She went on and on about being a true New Yorker and going to an authentic Chinese place that is ‘not tourist-y’ then what does she do?  Orders lo mein and chicken with broccoli, the 2 most benign and basic things you can find in any American Chinese place.  (Delicious, sure, but still meh)

That was the only segment that genuinely made me laugh out-loud.  You go to this great Sichuan restaurant and order vegetable lo mein...and Rob has egg drop soup?!?!?  (If this is the place I've eaten at downtown, then it hurts my heart to see someone who claims to be "a true knowledgeable NY-er" NOT ORDER THE SICHUAN SPECIALTIES!)  Be adventurous!  Oh well, I'm sure their waiter, privately, enjoyed a good chuckle, too.  ☺️

(P.S.  I will forgive them only if this segment was filmed like around 8AM or something!) ☺️☺️☺️

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
53 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I think I missed something.. what tee of Leah and the gorilla?

The classic MTTM x KAWS collaboration with Leah and the models in bikinis in various poses with a guy in a Gorilla suit. They did limited edition posters and tees. Twice recently I’ve seen someone wearing the tee and I’m like, ah! MTTM in action! I never thought she’d be a housewife! 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, TzuShih said:

That was the only segment that genuinely made me laugh out-loud.  You go to this great Sichuan restaurant and order vegetable lo mein...and Rob has egg drop soup?!?!?  (If this is the place I've eaten at downtown, then it hurts my heart to see someone who claims to be "a true knowledgeable NY-er" NOT ORDER THE SICHUAN SPECIALTIES!)  Be adventurous!  Oh well, I'm sure their waiter, privately, enjoyed a good chuckle, too.  ☺️

(P.S.  I will forgive them only if this segment was filmed like around 8AM or something!) ☺️☺️☺️

Oh wow I must have missed the part about egg-drop soup.  That’s literally what we would get for takeout if anyone in the family had a stomach bug.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

The classic MTTM x KAWS collaboration with Leah and the models in bikinis in various poses with a guy in a Gorilla suit. They did limited edition posters and tees. Twice recently I’ve seen someone wearing the tee and I’m like, ah! MTTM in action! I never thought she’d be a housewife! 

😮😮😮😮😮

wow I never saw this, and wtf??  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 7/3/2020 at 9:19 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I often think that Sawnya acts exactly the way she thinks she's expected to act.  Her demeanor on this episode almost seemed put on.  Probably not, but you know?

Once Sonya was drunk she wasn’t in control of herself enough to put on an act.  That was all her.  And I echo all the posts who said Sonya is looking like a homeless senior citizen who spends her days talking to herself and rummaging through her bags in the shopping cart.  Her latest attempts at plastic surgery are horrific.  

• Love 14
11 hours ago, candle96 said:

I never thought I'd say it, but when I saw Jill, I wished she was back on this show. She was capable of good drama, for sure, but there was also a grounded-ness to her. She's funny and brings strong points of view. Right now the women are like helium balloons lost in the wind, nothing to hold them down somewhere near "reality." There's no there there.

I so agree. 

Also, Jill doesn’t drink much and it would be refreshing to have one housewife not sloppy drunk at every event,

• Love 17
16 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

What in the F????  She is not right in the head.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

No one calls Dorinda out.  She gets away with murder, and will do it again to her next victim.  

Yep, and as with Tinsley and Scott, it’s none of her business whether Ramona is paying for her party or not.  Why does this woman care so much about things that literally have no impact on her life whatsoever?!  The only reason, and usually I hate to go there, but I can only think it’s jealousy.  She is jealous of Tinsley’s lifestyle and she’s jealous Ramona is having a fabulous party comped (if that’s even the case).  She’s miserable.

• Love 15

So here's the problem with this current cast: Episodes are self-contained week to week. There is no larger narrative at play anymore. Nothing happening in the real world has any relationship to what's happening on screen. There are no stakes.

Tins wasn't carrying the show by any means, but her on-off relationship with Scott was an organic, overarching plot line we as viewers could invest in. Nothing like that is left for us. 

That's why Tre is still Queen Bee on NJ. Her life's tribulations are happening on or off camera. They evolve year to year and people are invested. Same with Kim's sobriety on BH and the tenuous Kyle/LVP friendship. Shannon Beador's marriage and the Ballad of Evil Brooks on OC were also popular. You need something REAL and sustainable on these reality shows. 

All we have here is a lot of dinners and drinking. Cripes, Lu's cabaret isn't even on the table anymore. Nor is her failed union to Tom. Dorinda, Leah, Sonja, and Lu have nothing left to offer. Ramona isn't really showing her dating life or anything with Mario anymore. Beth's tenure, much as some might miss her, was nothing but brand promotion and an artfully crafted curtain to cover her actual personal life. 

Really hate to say it but they need a recast. Bookgate 2014 was far more compelling than this. Drunken meals and staged lunacy are not appealing every single week. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Really hate to say it but they need a recast. Bookgate 2014 was far more compelling than this. Drunken meals and staged lunacy are not appealing every single week. 

This! Agree 100%! And unfortunately it’s happening on BH as well.

• Love 13
On 7/2/2020 at 11:19 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Lu’s sparkly silver hat was so, so ugly. 

I thought the same thing.  That hat was ridiculous on her.  She’s overdoing it.  I guess she now thinks she’s Madonna or Fergie.  BTW, what happened to Cabaret before the virus?  That guy who promotes her has got to be kidding.  Her songs stink, but I still like her.  The three songs are enough already.  Put them to bed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Yep, and as with Tinsley and Scott, it’s none of her business whether Ramona is paying for her party or not.  Why does this woman care so much about things that literally have no impact on her life whatsoever?!  The only reason, and usually I hate to go there, but I can only think it’s jealousy.  She is jealous of Tinsley’s lifestyle and she’s jealous Ramona is having a fabulous party comped (if that’s even the case).  She’s miserable.

Go there.  She’s jealous of everyone who has what she doesn’t have.  Where are all the big shot friends she and Richard had?  They probably didn’t like her too.  She even thought the Halloween table setting was better than hers, and was jealous of that too.  She has to be the Queen of all nice things so everyone adores her.  Not happening anymore.

• Love 13

If Dorinda was anything then like she is now I could see how Richards friends probably just tolerated her and couldn’t wait to get away from her.  Especially if he was such an esteemed academic.  Truly it makes me wonder what he ever saw in Dorinda, possibly he was “slumming it”, to put in crude terms.

If a friend of mine managed to get her birthday party comped, I would be ecstatic for her!  And I would look forward to an invite and having a good time.  Dorinda is not a good friend.  She’s vicious, and although she would probably take that as a compliment I can assure her it is not.

• Love 20
19 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

If Dorinda was anything then like she is now I could see how Richards friends probably just tolerated her and couldn’t wait to get away from her.  Especially if he was such an esteemed academic.  Truly it makes me wonder what he ever saw in Dorinda, possibly he was “slumming it”, to put in crude terms.

If a friend of mine managed to get her birthday party comped, I would be ecstatic for her!  And I would look forward to an invite and having a good time.  Dorinda is not a good friend.  She’s vicious, and although she would probably take that as a compliment I can assure her it is not.

These women only go for the rich men .. ugly, fat, bald .. old.  They don’t care.  What’s wrong with a guy who works as a plumber, the electric company, water works, etc.  That’s why John isn’t good enough for Dorinda.  He only has a cleaners, and she’s embarrassed.  Meanwhile he went to a good college and comes from a nice family.  Why do they think they deserve better?  Who are they?  I agree with Ramona.  It’s her party.  Let the others make their own and shut up.  Geeze.  Really now.  Who the hell wants Dorinda?  She’s a drunk and men don’t go for that kind of woman.  Rob doesn’t want Leah also.  Look at her.  She’s a mess too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
Just now, Silver Bells said:

These women only go for the rich men .. ugly, fat, bald .. old.  They don’t care.  What’s wrong with a guy who works as a plumber, the electric company, water works, etc.  That’s why John isn’t good enough for Dorinda.  He only has a cleaners, and she’s embarrassed.  Meanwhile he went to a good college and comes from a nice family.  Why do they think they deserve better?  Who are they?  I agree with Ramona.  It’s her party.  Let the others make their own and shut up.  Geeze.  Really now.  Who the hell wants Dorinda?  She’s a drunk and men don’t go for that kind of woman.  Rob doesn’t want Leah also.  Look at her.  She’s a mess too.

Never understood the John issues, he seems like a good catch. More so considering how patient he’s been with Dorinda. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, LemonSoda said:

Never understood the John issues, he seems like a good catch. More so considering how patient he’s been with Dorinda. 

He was getting nowhere, so split.  She was using him for things and to take her out, then take her home as she was probably always intoxicated, IMO.  A savior so to speak.

• Love 5
(edited)

Is this the first time we see Greg in Dorinda’s life on the show?  Greg Calejo, an entertainment and marketing guy, was sitting to the right of Dorinda at the table near the end of the episode.  In makeup (was he a clown?) That’s a pretty quick rebound from John. If you follow her on Instagram, he’s been featured in almost every post of hers for months. Maybe she’s mad Ramona was not using Greg’s marketing service?  
I wholeheartedly agree with posters wondering why Dorinda seems so angry and bitter, first with Tins and now with Ramona.  She really comes off as unhinged, more so than ever before. 

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 7/2/2020 at 10:19 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Lu’s sparkly silver hat was so, so ugly. 

At first  I thought that was her costume!

21 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I wholeheartedly agree with posters wondering why Dorinda seems so angry and bitter, first with Tins and now with Ramona.  She really comes off as unhinged, more so than ever before. 

Ramona committed  the cardinal sin of asking her if she was drunk.  You can't say the 'D' word around Dorinda in any context, because if you do, get ready for her wrath!

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I thought Luann has joined the Village People.

That was the first thing I thought of too.  I have to add that Luann while wearing the hat would of NEVER been allowed into Studio 54 back in the day.   She would of been in the reject area out on the street in record time.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Ramona got her party comped partly in exchange for the social media photo opp with Dorinda and Sonja which wasn’t cool because she wasn’t honest with them about why they were invited or where exactly they were going.

• Love 4
On 7/2/2020 at 10:21 PM, nexxie said:

I don’t get why anyone would want to be friends with Ramona - or Dorinda - or Sonja - or Lu - or Leah. Is that everybody? I miss Tinsley.

And I miss Bethenny.  I deleted Beverly Hills season pass once I realized I disliked most of them intensely, and I cannot come up with any good reasons to continue watching these nasty women either! It’s just not fun anymore. ☹️☹️

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Sessa said:

And I miss Bethenny.  I deleted Beverly Hills season pass once I realized I disliked most of them intensely, and I cannot come up with any good reasons to continue watching these nasty women either! It’s just not fun anymore. ☹️☹️

Me too.  The old cast was the best.  Jill, Alex, Simon, Mario, Bobby, Bethenny, all their boyfriends, etc.  I’d love to watch all the reruns again.  Where can I see them?  Anyone know?  I can’t watch BH either.  They are so pretentious.  All in competition with one another.  Dorinda and Leah are ruining the show.  They are hard to watch.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Me too.  The old cast was the best.  Jill, Alex, Simon, Mario, Bobby, Bethenny, all their boyfriends, etc.  I’d love to watch all the reruns again.  Where can I see them?  Anyone know?  I can’t watch BH either.  They are so pretentious.  All in competition with one another.  Dorinda and Leah are ruining the show.  They are hard to watch.

I watched reruns of RHONY on Hulu recently.  Hopefully they are still available for you.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

I watch on Hulu. All the old seasons are on there. Sometimes I’ll let them play all day for background noise. Well worth the $5.99 a month. 

1 hour ago, LemonSoda said:

I watch on Hulu. All the old seasons are on there. Sometimes I’ll let them play all day for background noise. Well worth the $5.99 a month. 

Thanks @IKnowRight and you.  I have Hulu and will look.  I’m paying $1.99 a month on a special I got last Black Friday thanks to @walnutqueen.  Good.  

• Love 2

These women only go for the rich men .. ugly, fat, bald .. old.  They don’t care.  What’s wrong with a guy who works as a plumber, the electric company, water works, etc.  That’s why John isn’t good enough for Dorinda.  He only has a cleaners, and she’s embarrassed.  Meanwhile he went to a good college and comes from a nice family.  Why do they think they deserve better?  Who are they?   Who the hell wants Dorinda?  She’s a drunk and men don’t go for that kind of woman.  Rob doesn’t want Leah also.  Look at her.  She’s a mess too.

Exactly. They're a gaggle of zoo apes who are so desperate for money that they're on a howives show.  None of these drunken, unimaginative, basic hags are going to pull a modern-day JFK, Jr. They'll be lucky to snag a smarmy used car salesman from the bridge and tunnel crowd.

• LOL 2

As Luann was gushing on about how the girls would love the decorations and ambiance at the Halloween party, it really hit me how empty, vapid, and boring these women appear to be.  Halloween costumes and decorations and seemingly fake parties get these older women all excited?  The ladies must have other stuff going on like charity work, businesses, friends, family. I like to watch RHONY, but lately it is suffering from a lack of substance. I don't want Bethany and her fast- talking ways back, but the show needs some sort of shake up.  Let's see more of their lives, at the moment nothing seems real. 

• Love 16