Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E12: Eat, Drink, and Be Scary

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

How can you have “Housewives” when there are no “House Husbands?”

Or even serious boyfriends?

Or anyone who could stand you for longer than a pump and dump.

They need a reset.

Did they name these shows The Real Houzewifes only because “Desperate Housewives” was popular?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Ms. Me said:

As Luann was gushing on about how the girls would love the decorations and ambiance at the Halloween party, it really hit me how empty, vapid, and boring these women appear to be.  Halloween costumes and decorations and seemingly fake parties get these older women all excited?  The ladies must have other stuff going on like charity work, businesses, friends, family. I like to watch RHONY, but lately it is suffering from a lack of substance. I don't want Bethany and her fast- talking ways back, but the show needs some sort of shake up.  Let's see more of their lives, at the moment nothing seems real. 

Seems like they don’t have a life, except going to lunch and dinner and agitating each other.  A lot of good Dorinda’s pep talk with her daughter did.  She’s back to her same Schtick starting trouble and insulting the others at the Halloween party.  She couldn’t take the party was better than hers.  She is/was the Queen of entertaining you know.  My roast chicken is better than hers too.  Hahaha.  You stuff it, season it, and throw it in the oven.  Very complicated to make.  Lol.  The everyone has to say twice how wonderful it was and how you made it nice.

• Love 3

I finished rewatching RHONJ on Hulu and am towards the end of Season 7 of RHONY. It was so much more real and enjoyable the first seasons. The one constant through all seasons is Ramona, the apologized, never seeming to learn and modify her behavior, but at least I feel like what you see is what you get with her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/6/2020 at 1:56 PM, IKnowRight said:

Is this the first time we see Greg in Dorinda’s life on the show?  Greg Calejo, an entertainment and marketing guy, was sitting to the right of Dorinda at the table near the end of the episode.  In makeup (was he a clown?) That’s a pretty quick rebound from John. If you follow her on Instagram, he’s been featured in almost every post of hers for months. Maybe she’s mad Ramona was not using Greg’s marketing service?  
I wholeheartedly agree with posters wondering why Dorinda seems so angry and bitter, first with Tins and now with Ramona.  She really comes off as unhinged, more so than ever before. 

Greg is openly gay and is apparently a good friend of Dorinda’s. He has been quarantined with her in the Berkshires for months. I know this because I spent a bit of time snooping around the Internet to figure out how Durinda got another boyfriend so quickly when I saw all of her Instagram posts with him.Turns out he’s not a boyfriend, just a friend

For the past few days her Instagram posts include Carol Radziwill and Adam at Blue Stone Manor in the Berkshires

Edited by Mar
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Seems like they don’t have a life, except going to lunch and dinner and agitating each other.  A lot of good Dorinda’s pep talk with her daughter did.  She’s back to her same Schtick starting trouble and insulting the others at the Halloween party.  She couldn’t take the party was better than hers.  She is/was the Queen of entertaining, you know.  My roast chicken is better than hers, too.  Hahaha.  You stuff it, season it, and throw it in the oven.  Very complicated to make.  Lol.  Then everyone has to say twice how wonderful it was and how you made it nice.

It also pains me that Dorinda believes that only she gets to decide whom to attack and when. She targeted Sonja a few seasons ago, but it looks like in this week’s episode, 

Spoiler

Dorinda steps in to defend Sonja who argues with Lu over how much Lu is paying Sonja for appearing in the cabaret show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Mar said:

Greg is openly gay and is apparently a good friend of Dorinda’s. He has been quarantined with her in the Berkshires for months. I

Yeah it made me wonder if he and Thom Filicia (original Queer Eye) brokeup because they have been together for a very long time.

• Love 1
On 7/5/2020 at 9:26 PM, Stats Queen said:

I so agree. 

Also, Jill doesn’t drink much and it would be refreshing to have one housewife not sloppy drunk at every event,

Jill could bring me back. I never thought I'd want her back, but it's time. When she isn't being a witch for air time I like watching her and she is beautiful in a way the other women aren't. I'd also like to see her life after Bobby.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, Mar said:

Greg is openly gay and is apparently a good friend of Dorinda’s. He has been quarantined with her in the Berkshires for months. I know this because I spent a bit of time snooping around the Internet to figure out how Durinda got another boyfriend so quickly when I saw all of her Instagram posts with him.Turns out he’s not a boyfriend, just a friend

For the past few days her Instagram posts include Carol Radziwill and Adam at Blue Stone Manor in the Berkshires

On another post, I mentioned Greg as a “friend”/boyfriend, because it was hard to tell!  He’s always there!! 

• Love 2
(edited)

The zoom-interview talking heads!!  So distracting.  I'm not sure if I can continue with the season...

LOL at Leah talking about getting "authentic" Chinese food and then ordering lo mein and chicken with broccoli.  

Hannah's annoying, but I did like her candy apple blouse.  

Edited by ladle
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ladle said:

The zoom-interview talking heads!!  So distracting.  I'm not sure if I can continue with the season...

LOL at Leah talking about getting "authentic" Chinese food and then ordering lo mein and chicken with broccoli.  

Hannah's annoying, but I did like her candy apple blouse.  

I loved Hanna’s blouse also.  I think Erika Jane on BH wore the same at lunch with someone.

On 7/7/2020 at 3:10 PM, Ms. Me said:

As Luann was gushing on about how the girls would love the decorations and ambiance at the Halloween party, it really hit me how empty, vapid, and boring these women appear to be.  Halloween costumes and decorations and seemingly fake parties get these older women all excited?  The ladies must have other stuff going on like charity work, businesses, friends, family. I like to watch RHONY, but lately it is suffering from a lack of substance. I don't want Bethany and her fast- talking ways back, but the show needs some sort of shake up.  Let's see more of their lives, at the moment nothing seems real. 

A city full of men and none of them have a love interest.  All except Jill Zarin and Bethenny.  Ramona has 80 girlfriends.  None of them have a guy for her?  

• Love 1
On 7/6/2020 at 4:56 PM, IKnowRight said:

Is this the first time we see Greg in Dorinda’s life on the show?  Greg Calejo, an entertainment and marketing guy, was sitting to the right of Dorinda at the table near the end of the episode.  In makeup (was he a clown?) That’s a pretty quick rebound from John. If you follow her on Instagram, he’s been featured in almost every post of hers for months. Maybe she’s mad Ramona was not using Greg’s marketing service?  
I wholeheartedly agree with posters wondering why Dorinda seems so angry and bitter, first with Tins and now with Ramona.  She really comes off as unhinged, more so than ever before. 

It’s not a “rebound from John” when Greg is gay.

On 7/7/2020 at 10:05 PM, Mar said:

I think Carole and Adam are close with Greg too. I often see them all tagged in pictures together on Instagram. 

• Love 2
On 7/5/2020 at 6:41 PM, TzuShih said:

That was the only segment that genuinely made me laugh out-loud.  You go to this great Sichuan restaurant and order vegetable lo mein...and Rob has egg drop soup?!?!?  (If this is the place I've eaten at downtown, then it hurts my heart to see someone who claims to be "a true knowledgeable NY-er" NOT ORDER THE SICHUAN SPECIALTIES!)  Be adventurous!  Oh well, I'm sure their waiter, privately, enjoyed a good chuckle, too.  ☺️

(P.S.  I will forgive them only if this segment was filmed like around 8AM or something!) ☺️☺️☺️

I died laughing. When we go to the really good places in Chinatown we usually just ask the waiter to give us whatever he thinks is best and it's always so worth it. 

This show is now really, really bad and really, really boring. Like, wow. I honestly don't think I can watch any more of Sonja, Leah, and Dorinda. 

• Love 6
On 7/2/2020 at 11:58 PM, escape said:

She comes off as a Poser.  She's full of contradictions.  She has a history of racism, homophobia.  She's anti-Me too and has supported Harvey Weinstein.  She has written for The Federalist, a white supremacy rag.  Google.  She denied she has a drinking problem, yet just posted that she is 90 days sober.

The Federalist is not white supremacism. 

• Love 5
On 7/5/2020 at 6:56 PM, LemonSoda said:

The classic MTTM x KAWS collaboration with Leah and the models in bikinis in various poses with a guy in a Gorilla suit. They did limited edition posters and tees. Twice recently I’ve seen someone wearing the tee and I’m like, ah! MTTM in action! I never thought she’d be a housewife! 

Well, that explains it! 

On 7/7/2020 at 9:45 AM, Silver Bells said:

Thanks @IKnowRight and you.  I have Hulu and will look.  I’m paying $1.99 a month on a special I got last Black Friday thanks to @walnutqueen.  Good.  

Silver Bells - you just reminded me... I love reading Walknutqueens posts but I haven't seen anything posted from her in months. Hopefully she's still in this forum.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Chalby said:

Silver Bells - you just reminded me... I love reading Walknutqueens posts but I haven't seen anything posted from her in months. Hopefully she's still in touch.

@CHALBY .. Sorry I messed up there.  I agree.  Hope she’s o.k.  I don’t know either.  It’s been a long time.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I like it myself, but it’s probably about $500.  Lol.  Or more.

Way too rich for my blood too, but I'd totally get a Target knockoff for $30, if one existed.

• Love 1
On 7/9/2020 at 8:06 PM, Chalby said:

Silver Bells - you just reminded me... I love reading Walknutqueens posts but I haven't seen anything posted from her in months. Hopefully she's still in this forum.

It’s been a really long time since anyone has heard from WalnutQueen, I am so worried and concerned.

Ramona kind of came off as sociopathic-ish on the show. I don't think Ramona is a terrible person, and she certainly isn't going to hurt anyone, but she has this high-school mentality that she only wants to be around/ talk to popular people. I think because her friends don't take her that seriously, and she's kind of dorky and fun, her more egregious acts get forgiven.

I love sauces too. Need some flavor and moisture on food.

I don't think Dorinda really understood anything Hannah was saying. I think Dorinda was drunk which amps the need for moist food. Alcohol make the mouth very very dry.

Dorinda has a better personality than Hannah. And Dorinda is cuter.

Leah's daughter about why Leah didn't go to college, "Did you not get IN?" in disdain. That was the best thing I've seen on this show. Leah was defensive immediately. Leah's baby daddy doesn't seem to really like Leah that much, or show her much respect. The dad and daughter shared a lot of knowing looks after taking digs at Leah.

If you watched the Matchmaker Millionaire with Leah, she was EXACTLY the same. She was bratty, caused chaos, and very into partying.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 5:21 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Did they name these shows The Real Houzewifes only because “Desperate Housewives” was popular?

I think so-- when I was watching them back in 2006, people were calling it "Desperate Housewives" by mistake-- I heard the mistake up until 2011. But it's fitting. "Desperate" is actually very in line with almost everyone on this show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 7/3/2020 at 9:17 AM, Escapereality said:

I miss Bobby of Jill and Bobby.  That’s all I’ve got. 

Bobby always seemed to come across as a voice of reason. I am sure Jill misses their friendship as well as her missing Bobby in general. I am glad she has someone new in her life and I hope he's not a creep/ gold digger.

• Love 6
On 7/7/2020 at 6:39 PM, Stats Queen said:

It was so much more real and enjoyable the first seasons. The one constant through all seasons is Ramona, the apologizer... but at least I feel like what you see is what you get with her.

I have to agree with you (about Ramona's transparency). As well, we ALL see what she's doing; how her story 'started', and how Ramona likes to add details until she has everyone's attention. (Of course, she''l immediately deny saying any of it, regardless how many witnesses there are. If Ramona says she didn't say it, she doesn't care what the TV monitor shows - she didn't say it. (Like, HUH??)

It is clear that Ramona is too simple-minded when it comes to her life and her 'image'. She isn't even able to come up with a decent 'Time To Bow Out Gracefully' exit excuse; one that would allow her to flit from event to event without anyone's feelings being hurt. Not only does she NOT think to leave gracefully, but she often feels the need to announce she's leaving because she has more important social events to be at. (OR?... Maybe she's one of those D-list celebrities who get paid a stipend to appear at various parties? I could see this given how cheap she is along with Sonya). 

Often, Ramona hasn't a clue WHY her behaviour is so offensive, which adds to everyone's frustration, because it appears Ramona can never learn from (or chooses not to learn) from her mistakes. She needs a wake-up call - a serious one such as being FIRED from RHNY. You would be able to hear the fans cheering all across NY city. 

• Love 4
On 7/4/2020 at 1:20 PM, ichbin said:

I still remember Bethenny outside of the show talking about her operation and how Ramona was the one who would visit her and keep in touch during that time which was not during filming. Ramona may be a tone deaf and self absorbed, and have a lack of filter, but I don't think she deserves the vitriol she gets directed toward in comparison to the other ladies. What has she really done that is so much worse than the others?  

I feel that Ramona deserves all the snark we can pile on, not that it matters as Ramona couldn't care less. In Ramona's mind, any opposition or negativity directed towards her is simply jealousy or sour grapes. That in itself drives me crazy because Ramona has so many personal issues that need attention, yet she's unable to even identify where to start because she's already determined she's perfect and others are simply jealous. How does one reach Ramona? It's like trying to reason with a drunk. Waste of breath and time.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Chalby said:

Often, Ramona hasn't a clue WHY her behaviour is so offensive, which adds to everyone's frustration, because it appears Ramona can never learn from (or chooses not to learn) from her mistakes. She needs a wake-up call - a serious one such as being FIRED from RHNY. You would be able to hear the fans cheering all across NY city. 

A few years ago it was speculated that she is on the Spectrum, both my daughter (diagnosed) and my ex (undiagnosed but totally) are on the autism spectrum, the docor said Asperghers, if they still gave that diagnosis, for my daughter.

Anyhow, I wonder with Ramona because she is so socially awkward in the way that you can see that she not only doesn't get a lot of social cues, but doesn't even register them. Also, while she has learned to lie, and will do so to her advantage, she's awful at it, and her first instinct is the truth, often brutal and unvarnished, and can see she's not trying to be mean, it's just how she sees it. 

Women go undiagnosed at a huge rate, I could clearly be wrong, but it tracks for me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Ramona might be on the spectrum but she reminds me of a relative of mine- she lived with chaos  for so long growing up she just tunes everyone out and just misses what people say, she's very self-involved.

And then there is the fact that she is the only one who has feelings. 

• Love 5

Where to start...? 

Did Ramona actually try to convince LuAnn - the host! - to make her party earlier so that Ramona could make it downtown to another party? WTF? I'm surprised that she still has enough female friends to invite to her annual The Women of UES Celebrate Ramona Singer! event. And she shares this with the camera without a smidgen of self-awareness. Want to go to as many parties as possible? No problem! Just ask the host to move the time/location.

I get why Dorinda was miffed about her appearance being possibly used "for promotional consideration," and that Ramona got her party planning services free as a result. But her "who's paying for your party? who's paying for this?" haranguing reminded me of when she was fixated on who was paying Tinsley's hotel bills. This from a woman who joked about using her ex-boyfriend for the dry cleaning.

I went to a large state university and have seen (and done) my share of binge drinking. I don't know if I've since seen a sloppier drunk than Sonja. I can't tell if she's playing it up for the cameras - she once admitted that she dialed up the flirting because "we want to give you guys a good show!" - but it's pathetic in someone her age.

Who was this William guy Dorinda was taunting Ramona about? From a flashback, it looks like someone Ramona briefly made eyes at. 

Was that "seafood tower" for decor?

• Love 3