Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E12: Eat, Drink, and Be Scary

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I like Leah's daughter. Mama ain't fooling her. Not one bit. My parents were pretty normal aside from my father's occasional mood swings so I always wondered what it would be like to have messed up parents raising me in a messed up household. 

Leah hasn't been in a long term relationship since her baby daddy 11 yrs ago? I get it with her, she's a wack a doo but what's up with baby daddy? He's been solo just as long. I don't know if maybe he has had long term relationships because Leah makes it sound like he hasn't. 

So happy to hear you mention “men’s occasional mood swings”.  Been there, heard that.

• Love 2

What do these women do with all the money that is earned on the show? LuAnn asked Bethenny to help her get a loan when she purchased the house upstate because her children were going to sue. Sonja shows up wherever there is food. It wouldn't surprise if she carries her own doggy bag. 

Changing course here. Leah is exhausting. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Clare said:

Where did that guy come from that was between Dorinda and Romona?  

I was confused about that storyline.  Was he someone that Ramona dated?  Why was Dorinda trying to make her jealous/uncomfortable?  I can't follow Dorinda's train of thought most of the time.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I know there has been talk about cross pollination among some of these shows. For example it was suggested to move Cynthia Bailey to Beverly Hills or someone from California to transfer to New York. To revive and refresh them.

You know the crossover I would like to see?

Tommy Manzo putting  out a hit on Dorinda.

That would be good.  I heard somewhere that Tamra from Orange County wanted to be a N.Y. Housewife.  If that’s the case,  Tommy Manzo would have to do two hits.  That’s all we need, Dorinda and Tamra.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The body is great, but nothing natural about the face.  Lips and nose are definitely done at a bare minimum

When her parents were on I remember thinking Leah must take after the sides of the family that her parents did not look like.  Guess that's not the case after all.   

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

How much did Dorinda pay Hannah to say all those flattering things about her?? 

I do get a kick out of Sonja constantly being gravitated to the free food in every scene. It's kind of refreshing because so much food gets wasted on these housewives shows. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I was confused about that storyline.  Was he someone that Ramona dated?  Why was Dorinda trying to make her jealous/uncomfortable?  I can't follow Dorinda's train of thought most of the time.  

I didn’t follow that, either.

• Love 1

I really liked this episode. I thought the dinner party, whether or not it was staged, was one of the best. And I was totally fine with Dorinda going after Ramona. This means I have no principles on bullying because I would have been furious if she was attacking Tinsley. But Ramona being publically humiliated after all the crap she's pulled and unforgivable things she's said? Bring. It. On. I also have no issues with footage of Sonja stuffing her face. New York is the first Housewives show I watched and I have such a soft spot for it. Even if it's garbage I'll still watch and think it was good on rewatch. But I think they need to do a season 4 type house cleaning.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Mar said:

I’m eating my lunch while I watch this and Hannah and DOrinda are in the little restaurant and Hannah just said to her mother, “you are a better role model now than you have ever been”. I’m not kidding, I choked on my food. I had to pause the show and take a minute to believe what I just heard.

I found it interesting that out of nowhere they brought Hannah on after so many seasons where she did not even appear once. Did the producers think Dorinda needed some on air TLC after her horendous season so far? Sorry...bringing your daughter on to tell you what a great person you are is truly lame. I would have had more respect for Hannah if she had told her mother that picking on and bullying another younger woman was repulsive and embarrassing...there is nothing redeemable about Dorinda. She's just awful.

3 hours ago, Hero said:

I do get a kick out of Sonja constantly being gravitated to the free food in every scene. It's kind of refreshing because so much food gets wasted on these housewives shows. 

Yeah...Sonja really knows how to stuff her face.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, Showthyme said:

I cannot imagine how Leah's daughter is dealing with her mother's antics. 

I remember when my daughter (she is now 27), was about 13 I wore a sweater twin set in public, she was mortified...it does not take much to embarrass a preteen/teenager.  What goes thru Leah's head when she is drunk and sloppy and half naked on camera (please read the word "camera" as "camer-a" ala Jenna from 30 Rock, it is the only way I can say it now since the lockdown I binged the entire series, lol).

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I wonder if it was because of a filter meant to blur her features?

They should film the talking heads using crazy filters.  That would make it more interesting!  Turn them into cartoon characters.  😁

• LOL 11

I rewatched, and they are not having the party in daylight, they were having it against what appears to be an artificially lightened courtyard of trees and it looks really weird.  But it’s pitch dark in New York when Ramona and Missy were walking down the street to the party at 7:30.  Then the chyron says “8:05” when Dorinda gets in the car with Sonja and Elyse, on the way to the party and it’s dark, and at 8:30 they walked into the party when it was completely dark.

I figured this show wasn’t above giving us nighttime footage of them walking into a party and filming the interior party during another random day, so I checked that out too, and at about the 39 minute mark (when Sonja is doing the voodoo doll against Ramona because Ramona’s daughter had the gall to go to college), you can actually see the doors to the party on the left side of the screen leading out to the dark New York night, and on the right of the screen, there are those branches that give off a daylight look.  So it’s just a very strange optical illusion, but that party was most definitely at night, absent other evidence.

Upon rewatch, there were some other bon mots I couldn’t help but pick up, the highlights of which are:

• Sonja running over to Luann and complaining about how Ramona was so selfish and self-centered, and Luann’s response, without averting her gaze, is “Can you believe she brought Missy?” Unintentionally hilarious
  • Elyse insisting there are three types of friends:  “the one who will kick you out when you’re on the top, the ones who will kick you when you’re down, and the ones who will celebrate you when you’re on top and catch you when you fall” and “what kind are you Ramona?”  Ramona, who was heretofore fiddling with the bow on her costume and didn’t hear one word of what Elyse said, blinks twice slowly and goes, “Which one do you want me to be?”  I’d be just as confused.  Every scenario involved some Lassie-type rescue.  How about just...being a good friend?  And if you think you’re going to teach Ramona, at this stage in the game, of being the kind of friend who will rappel across three trees and send up smoke signals to rescue you, then you’ve gone somewhere wrong in your thinking.  
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Hero said:

That has to be the case.  Hanna came out of nowhere specifically to have that scripted conversation.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:
  • Sonja running over to Luann and complaining about how Ramona was so selfish and self-centered, and Luann’s response, without averting her gaze, is “Can you believe she brought Missy?” Unintentionally hilarious
  • Elyse insisting there are three types of friends:  “the one who will kick you out when you’re on the top, the ones who will kick you when you’re down, and the ones who will celebrate you when you’re on top and catch you when you fall” and “what kind are you Ramona?”  Ramona, who was heretofore fiddling with the bow on her costume and didn’t hear one word of what Elyse said, blinks twice slowly and goes, “Which one do you want me to be?”  I’d be just as confused.  Every scenario involved some Lassie-type rescue.  How about just...being a good friend?  And if you think you’re going to teach Ramona, at this stage in the game, of being the kind of friend who will rappel across three trees and send up smoke signals to rescue you, then you’ve gone somewhere wrong in your thinking.  

I can't remember one time that we have been shown Sonja or Luann doing anything nice for anyone. Those two are among the most self-centered of the bunch. Yeah, Sonja had both Luann and Tinsley living with her but I don't believe for one minute that would have been the case if there had been no show or cameras involved.  Even on camera she wasn't shown to be a gracious hostess.  I just remembered the time when Heather arrived at the townhouse and to meet up for some trip and arrived before Lady Morgan was ready.  Pretty sure she made Heather wait outside in the cold.  

How about just being a good person?  Reports of how Elyse treated her employee gives a good indication of where she falls on that scale.  Elyse spoke with Heather McDonald on the Juicy Scoop podcast recently and claims that Ramona still is not speaking with her.  Not for anything, if I knew a friend or acquaintance of mine was talking shit behind my back with others in a mutual group I wouldn't be speaking to her either.  I have cut people like that out of my life without any discussion about it too.

Ramona has her faults, but has never really been shown to be as malicious or nasty as Dorinda.  Can't forget Luann with her imperious and entitled attitude leading up to her wedding. I still remember Bethenny outside of the show talking about her operation and how Ramona was the one who would visit her and keep in touch during that time which was not during filming. Ramona may be a tone deaf and self absorbed, and have a lack of filter, but I don't think she deserves the vitriol she gets directed toward in comparison to the other ladies. What has she really done that is so much worse than the others?  

Edited by ichbin
delete extra word for clarity
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Why is Sonja YELLING everything this season? Has her hearing been compromised? 

Because she thinks it’s funny🙄🙄it is the character she is now playing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

He owns a swinging dick.

It puzzles me that in current culture, it seems to be somewhat acceptable for women to talk about things like this (Denise Richardson in RH of Beverly Hills never stops talking about her husband’s), but imagine the uproar if a reality show showed men talking about women’s tight p..........

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 7/3/2020 at 3:16 PM, Kiki777 said:

Leah strikes me as a bunny-boiler.  I’m sure Rob has had many girlfriends but keeps that part of his life away from her.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe I watch too much ID Channel, but she definitely strikes me as the scorned ex that shows up at the girlfriend's workplace, waiting for her by (or in) her car, to tell her what's what.

• Love 8
On 7/3/2020 at 9:23 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

In my opinion, Leah is a natural beauty with a great body. So if she has not been in a relationship since Rob, just imagine how frustrating she must be in real life. I mean, really, there are so many guys who would be happy to play the boyfriend in exchange for Leah attending events with them. There must be something REALLY off-putting about her in real life.

eta: After reading y’all’s comments, I think Leah looks very pretty now, without tons of makeup.

I’m not sure what she defines as a relationship but she’s had plenty of boyfriends over the last few years. She’d mention them on the podcast and in some articles. 

From the way she talks about some of them, she’s very abrasive and unwilling to compromise. Or as mentioned in her writing and podcasts, they start out hot and heavy then explode in to a mess fast. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ichbin said:

I can't remember one time that we have been shown Sonja or Luann doing anything nice for anyone. Those two are among the most self-centered of the bunch. Yeah, Sonja had both Luann and Tinsley living with her but I don't believe for one minute that would have been the case if there had been no show or cameras involved.  Even on camera she wasn't shown to be a gracious hostess.  I just remembered the time when Heather arrived at the townhouse and to meet up for some trip and arrived before Lady Morgan was ready.  Pretty sure she made Heather wait outside in the cold.  

How about just being a good person?  Reports of how Elyse treated her employee gives a good indication of where she falls on that scale.  Elyse spoke with Heather McDonald on the Juicy Scoop podcast recently and claims that Ramona still is not speaking with her.  Not for anything, if I knew a friend or acquaintance of mine was talking shit behind my back with others in a mutual group I wouldn't be speaking to her either.  I have cut people like that out of my life without any discussion about it too.

Ramona has her faults, but has never really been shown to be as malicious or nasty as Dorinda.  Can't forget Luann with her imperious and entitled attitude leading up to her wedding. I still remember Bethenny outside of the show talking about her operation and how Ramona was the one who would visit her and keep in touch during that time which was not during filming. Ramona may be a tone deaf and self absorbed, and have a lack of filter, but I don't think she deserves the vitriol she gets directed toward in comparison to the other ladies. What has she really done that is so much worse than the others?  

Did I miss this?  What is the story?

Agree about Sonja and Lu.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/2/2020 at 6:58 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Jill's boyfriend Gary looks like Dennis 😐

What should Ramona have done besides apologizing?  They talk shit to her face for apologizing.  Okay, should she have slapped them instead?  Screw them.

I don't think it's fair to say that the talking heads in isolation are bad.  They're doing the responsible thing by having the housewives do their talking heads sheltered in place.  I think that it's great; what choice do they have?

Dorinda would be so beautiful and sexy if she wasn't such an awful person.

I thought there were plenty of times in seasons past that she looked fresh and pretty, but I haven't seen that look in a while.  There were a few shots at the Halloween party that caught Dorinda looking quite haggard and older than her years (that whiteface makeup did her no favors) and I'm sure switching her drink of choice from vodka to tequila won't help matters.  

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 7/2/2020 at 7:29 PM, Thumper said:

I didn’t think Hannah seemed strange.  She was trying to make her mother feel better.  You could see how bad Dorinda feels about herself in that scene.  Then she turns around and becomes mean and evil to Ramona at the party.

It seemed obvious Hannah was making a big effort to butter her mother up.  She sure knows how to put Dorinda in her happy place by pumping up her ego.  And of course she devoured every word which went straight to her head.  Good gawd, Dorinda even had the nerve to expound in her TH about how much she's growing and becoming such a great person (vomit) after all she's been through.  You know, like how she's paying her own bills and running her own life and everything all on her own.  So much there for her daughter to look up to now.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 11
On 7/2/2020 at 7:45 PM, Axie said:

I read somewhere that Leah has been sober for a few months.  Which is great because she is someone who really needs to stay sober.

I'm finding it hard to like Leah.  Especially when she drinks.  Leah's go-to when she's hammered is to start destroying things.  This time it was the seafood tower.  Before that it was the decoration at the Rhode Island hotel.  The time before that it was the tiki torches at Ramona's Hamptons house.  No wonder she hasn't had a boyfriend in ages -- Rob knows the score and I notice he seems to keep Leah at arm's length.  Thank goodness her daughter is able to spend lots of time with her dad.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What goes thru Leah's head when she is drunk and sloppy and half naked on camera (please read the word "camera" as "camer-a" ala Jenna from 30 Rock, it is the only way I can say it now since the lockdown I binged the entire series, lol).

I always do!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 7/3/2020 at 10:50 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

The body is great, but nothing natural about the face.  Lips and nose are definitely done at a bare minimum.

leah2-300x450.jpg

I'm reading a lot of comments about how beautiful Leah is.  To my eye, if she's not made up and well lit, she has this masculine look about her.

• Love 7
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

I'm reading a lot of comments about how beautiful Leah is.  To my eye, if she's not made up and well lit, she has this masculine look about her.

Leah's work is pretty good but in my opinion wayyyyyyyy too much for her relatively young age.  The nose job would have been enough.  Unfortunately it's 2020 and everyone feels the need to get "Instagram Face" - women are getting Botox and fillers in their 20s and 30s.  It's so unneeded.  Leah is in great shape, and I think she's very stylish and well-groomed.

I find her sister VERY attractive.  I just think she looks so...... unconventional and different.  I know it was funny when Sonja (or Ramona?) said that she looks like a demon, but it's because she has these very intense eyes and doesn't look like the cookie cutter blonde that 90% of this cast does.

1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

I thought there were plenty of times in seasons past that she looked fresh and pretty, but I haven't seen that look in a while.  

Yeah, I know that a lot of people disagree with me, but I still firmly think that Dorinda is gorgeous.  The fact that she could carry off that bustier get-up at her age.  I think she looked great.  Her personality is horrid though.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Leah's work is pretty good but in my opinion wayyyyyyyy too much for her relatively young age.  The nose job would have been enough.  Unfortunately it's 2020 and everyone feels the need to get "Instagram Face" - women are getting Botox and fillers in their 20s and 30s.  It's so unneeded.  Leah is in great shape, and I think she's very stylish and well-groomed.

I find her sister VERY attractive.  I just think she looks so...... unconventional and different.  I know it was funny when Sonja (or Ramona?) said that she looks like a demon, but it's because she has these very intense eyes and doesn't look like the cookie cutter blonde that 90% of this cast does.

Yeah, I know that a lot of people disagree with me, but I still firmly think that Dorinda is gorgeous.  The fact that she could carry off that bustier get-up at her age.  I think she looked great.  Her personality is horrid though.

Sara is gorgeous. She’s very photogenic, telegenic. I’m actually surprised she hasn’t done more modelling. 

A few days ago, I saw someone in person wearing the famous tee of Leah with the gorilla. I wanted to ask Why? 

Me too with Dorinda. Not sure what’s going on to make her behave so ugly but I’ve always thought she’s uniquely gorgeous. I don’t know, I think so much work is going on these days, even the postal ladies are getting liquid nose jobs and plumped lips that society’s perception of beauty is skewed. If someone isn’t plumped and filtered or has a natural nose it’s ohhh ugly! I hate that. One more Dorinda thing, I miss her old fashion style. I don’t need to see her in this seasons Gucci. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Exactly!!!!  Dorinda has her original nose ( I hope) and so does Hannah (I hope). They have these beautiful , prominent noses.  It makes Dorinda so unique.  I love her look.  I always have.  I always thought Dorinda looks like a mix of Princess Diana and Cameron Diaz, which is obviously high praise!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Exactly!!!!  Dorinda has her original nose ( I hope) and so does Hannah (I hope). They have these beautiful , prominent noses.  It makes Dorinda so unique.  I love her look.  I always have.  I always thought Dorinda looks like a mix of Princess Diana and Cameron Diaz, which is obviously high praise!

Yes! I feel like everyone is erasing the features that makes them unique. 
I didn't make the Cameron connection until you mentioned it! I see it! A friend of mine describes Dorinda as a “softer, less angular” Diana. That mixture is great high praise. I hope Hannah never touches her nose. I often wonder how many indulging in work these days due to trends will regret it in ten years. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Mar said:

It puzzles me that in current culture, it seems to be somewhat acceptable for women to talk about things like this (Denise Richardson in RH of Beverly Hills never stops talking about her husband’s), but imagine the uproar if a reality show showed men talking about women’s tight p..........

That wasn’t my post .. I answered to it with a joke.  Anyhow, I never liked when any housewife talked about private parts either.  Many of them are gross.  They think it’s cool.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

It seemed obvious Hannah was making a big effort to butter her mother up.  She sure knows how to put Dorinda in her happy place by pumping up her ego.  And of course she devoured every word which went straight to her head.  Good gawd, Dorinda even had the nerve to expound in her TH about how much she's growing and becoming such a great person (vomit) after all she's been through.  You know, like how she's paying her own bills and running her own life and everything all on her own.  So much there for her daughter to look up to now.

OMG .. did everyone forget how vicious Dorinda was to Tinsley all season?  And others in the past?  You can’t go around saying those bad things to people and expect to be forgiven every time.  Her tears don’t move me at all.  I’ve never heard a woman cut up people like Dorinda does.  Hanna was planted there to save Dorinda’s reputation.  People must have written Bravo to get her off the show and rightly so.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

I agree that Dorinda can look very pretty. Her nose is great. I do think she should cap her teeth, however.

Sonja is just really, truly, deeply disgusting. She’s repeating in a stupid, high-pitched voice everything Dorinda says, as she’s shoveling gumbo down her gullet, and it’s smeared all over her chin. At this point, they should just harvest her organs, if any of them are still functioning. Her corneas should still be okay, I guess. 

She doesn’t care at all that she’s embarrassing Quincy? 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 7/2/2020 at 11:27 PM, RedDelicious said:

Nah. That dinner party was staged AF and fake as hell. Sonja being that sloppy drunk so early in the day is concerning though. I understand why she was upset with Ramona because Ramona has a Teresa Giudice way of me too’ing and one upping everything. And she was kind of behaving like a condescending asshole at the fake dinner party. I think it was more that she was pissed she lost an entire day because of it. She didn’t want to be there from go. Something else was going on behind the scenes and I think Ramona knew Sonja and Dorinda were on to her sponsored birthday party, and you can’t call Ramona Singer on ANYTHING. Also I do think it was rude of Ramona to bring Missy as her +1. It was a total lower level dig. No question.

The highlight of this episode was Avery crashing the talking head. 

ETA: I don’t like Elyse. Don’t talk shit in your talking head and kiss Ramona’s ass in the next segment. Be bold enough to simply not like her if actually don’t.

Elyse wants that apple so bad she can taste it. I also think she believes she’ll go places with Ramona’s friendship the others can’t offer.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Love their noses too! This is what makes someone more interesting looking and attractive, to me. HATE the generic, cookie-cutter look, and Leah looks bland.

• Love 6
On 7/3/2020 at 8:38 PM, Showthyme said:

What do these women do with all the money that is earned on the show? LuAnn asked Bethenny to help her get a loan when she purchased the house upstate because her children were going to sue. Sonja shows up wherever there is food. It wouldn't surprise if she carries her own doggy bag. 

Ha. They probably buy lots of wine and booze with their money as they are always drunk.  They probably get their clothes for free.  Speaking of .. La Contessa sure has a lot of sequin jackets and stuff.  I have to put my sunglasses on when she comes on.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Mar said:

Best not to be offended by words on the web.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Silver Bells said:
17 hours ago, Mar said:

That wasn’t my post .. I answered to it with a joke.  Anyhow, I never liked when any housewife talked about private parts either.  Many of them are gross.  They think it’s cool.

Oh, My post wasn’t meant as a criticism of what you posted. Sorry if it was unclear. I really was simply saying that this trend in our current culture puzzles me

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:
17 hours ago, Mar said:

Best not to be offended by words on the web.

I wasn’t offended either by anything posted here or by what I saw on television. I was simply stating that this trend in our current culture truly puzzles me.I thought my post was clear, but perhaps not

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Mar said:

Oh, My post wasn’t meant as a criticism of what you posted. Sorry if it was unclear. I really was simply saying that this trend in our current culture puzzles me

I wasn’t offended either by anything posted here or by what I saw on television. I was simply stating that this trend in our current culture truly puzzles me.I thought my post was clear, but perhaps not

No big deal .. no worries.  I love everyone on this thread and respect everyone’s opinion.  😻🇺🇸

1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:

No big deal .. no worries.  I love everyone on this thread and respect everyone’s opinion.  😻🇺🇸

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

And don’t know what I’m doing half the time.  Lol.

• LOL 1
On 7/3/2020 at 4:51 AM, NYCFree said:

In addition to the great “shut up about Elyse” comment by Avery, Ramona’s talking head had this weird “animated” quality. Both my son and I noticed that the kitchen cabinets behind her created this weird background that looked liked it was drawn, rather than live action; it made Ramona look like she had popped into a cartoon to film her talking heads.

Totally! I honestly at first thought it was a drawn background and started cracking up. And the Avery cameo FTW.

I never thought I'd say it, but when I saw Jill, I wished she was back on this show. She was capable of good drama, for sure, but there was also a grounded-ness to her. She's funny and brings strong points of view. Right now the women are like helium balloons lost in the wind, nothing to hold them down somewhere near "reality." There's no there there.

I found this episode to be both boring and a mess. I never thought Tinsley brought much to the show, but I missed her presence, so maybe I was wrong. Elyse is no Tinsley, that's for sure. 

• Love 5