Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/29/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Anyone else furious by MeeGhan's disrespect.  Hahaha.  Of course there are.  I'm 73 and I would still address the guest as Dr. Biden.  The princess of Arizona kept calling her Jill.  Made me nuts!

That's odd. It seems like she refers to every male guest they have on as "Mr. So-and-So" even when all the other co-hosts are referring to him by his first name.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

I know Whoopi is upset that Carl Reiner passed away. However he was 98 years old - how long did she expect him to live? 

I felt that she forgot his name (momentarily) and tried her best to cover it. 

Edited by Kayz Opinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, lusinia said:

If I didn't know that she's been staying at home, I would think that Sunny had lip injections or fillers of some kind in the last 24 hours.  When she's not talking it looks like she's pursing them, and the right side of her upper lip looks odd.  Maybe she used one of those plumping lip glosses, and it worked unevenly.  I tried one of those years ago, and it burned, which I could feel for a while, even after wiping it off right away.

I think that’s Sunny’s annoyed lawyer face she makes whenever she’s waiting her turn on legal subjects. 

• LOL 10

Ohmygosh! Did anyone count how many times they said "Joe" during the Jill Biden segments! It was so cringey to me! (It didn't help that "Jill" sounds like "Joe."

Joe this and Joe that and Joe did this and Joe did that and by the way, I have a new children's book. Its called Joey. And Joe was bullied and Joe stuttered......they're really trying to sell him as an Everyday Joe. Joe, Joe, Joe....Stoppppp!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

And  Dr. Jill, when was the last time you saw any kid play kick the can?  

I just happened to see an old episode of The Twilight Zone with Ronnie Howard (before he played Opie) playing kick the can.  LOL.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I just happened to see an old episode of The Twilight Zone with Ronnie Howard (before he played Opie) playing kick the can.  LOL.

That’s funny because when she said kick the can, I thought of that episode.  I’m old as hell and we never played kick the can.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Axie said:

That’s funny because when she said kick the can, I thought of that episode.  I’m old as hell and we never played kick the can.

I have never played kick the can.  And we were poor. Weird that she couldn't have just said shooting hoops or kicking the ball.  I am sure her young campaign advisors were all over her on that.  See, even she can make a "gaffe".

1 hour ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I liked Joy yelling at Steve during the live broadcast today. You can't get that in the studio!

I bet a lot of viewers who are working from home on Zoom et al could really relate to that moment!  That was priceless.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I liked Joy yelling at Steve during the live broadcast today. You can't get that in the studio!

Off topic, but one of our local weather ladies was doing her broadcast and her husband walked through behind her carrying out the trash.  It was hilarious.

I'm going to miss today so be sure to post all the juicy details!

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Off topic, but one of our local weather ladies was doing her broadcast and her husband walked through behind her carrying out the trash.  It was hilarious.

That sounds almost as funny as husband in the shower, in the mirror. Almost. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm so glad they did a longer remembrance of Carl Reiner.  Does anyone know who the woman was who was in the picture between him and Mel Brooks, where they were all wearing  Black Lives Matter t-shirts? 

I saw Carl Reiner on one of the late-night talk shows several years ago where he talked about how he and Mel Brooks had dinner together every night, and afterwards, for dessert, they would have an ice cream bar while they watched tv, and sometimes, he said, they would have two.  That was so cute.  I found this article, from February, of an interview they did together, and they were still having their nightly dinners together as of earlier this year (which I'm assuming, sadly, they had to end because of the virus). The Guardian

Ooh, Meghan just has to interject that, "No one is worried about The Lincoln Project.  No one" and gives a derisive chuckle, because, of course, Steve Schmidt is one of it's founders.  I would love it if someone would ask her why, if no one is worried about them, is a conservative super PAC running ads on tv (in D.C,) against them (which I just happened to read about yesterday).  

Meghan's really trying to keep herself relevant.  A week or so ago she was in contact with people in the Arizona governor's office, and today she "was speaking with Senator Kristen Sinema this morning".

Why is she blaming Dr. Fauci for people not following the guidelines?  And he isn't really in a position of "power" like she keeps saying he is.  Why doesn't she bring up the president not telling people to wear a mask, or bothering to wear one himself.  She just wants to be on the anti-Fauci bandwagon with her tribe.  

And I haven't heard anyone say, "It's just Republicans not wearing masks" 

Meghan - "One should behave civilized".  There's at least one of these every day.

Added - I found the clip of the story I remembered, when Carl Reiner talked about having ice cream bars (Skinny Cow bars, to be exact) while watching tv with Mel Brooks.  I looked for it because I couldn't remember the brand name, and I knew he had referred to it, and it was bugging me.  It starts at about the 3:30 mark -

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 15
17 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I'm so glad they did a longer remembrance of Carl Reiner.  Does anyone know who the woman was who was in the picture between him and Mel Brooks, where they were all wearing  Black Lives Matter t-shirts? 

Carl's daughter, Annie.  :) 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Ooh, Meghan just has to interject that, "No one is worried about The Lincoln Project.  No one" and gives a derisive chuckle, because, of course, Steve Schmidt is one of it's founders.  I would love it if someone would ask her why, if no one is worried about them, is a conservative super PAC, running ads on tv (in D.C,) against them (which I just happened to read about yesterday).  

Meghan hates Steve Schmidt and Nicole Wallace because, in her mind, they are responsible for her father losing the 2008 presidential campaign.  Poor Princess Meghan of Arizona never got to live and work in the White House. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, bannana said:
13 hours ago, Axie said:

I have never played kick the can.  And we were poor. 

I lived in rural Phoenix in the 50s--pastures, vacant lots, no street lights.  We DID play kick the can.  We were beyond poor, but I assume we had a can now and then.

It's possible some grandparents show their kids this fun game...more fun in wide open spaces.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Meghan hates Steve Schmidt and Nicole Wallace because, in her mind, they are responsible for her father losing the 2008 presidential campaign.  Poor Princess Meghan of Arizona never got to live and work in the White House. 

Agree.  Also Princess Meg could be jealous of their subsequent success.  Steve Schmidt is the master of the words - a trait that Meg lacks.

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kayz Opinion said:

I lived in rural Phoenix in the 50s--pastures, vacant lots, no street lights.  We DID play kick the can.  We were beyond poor, but I assume we had a can now and then.

It's possible some grandparents show their kids this fun game...more fun in wide open spaces.

oh the memories....yeah i never much played kicking it.  It was more like pick it up and turn it in for a nickel lol. (oh and the other thing we used it for, spin the bottle or truth or dare)

Deleted sorry wrg forum.  The rest above is legit

Edited by Tammee
To add...more
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, lusinia said:

Why is she blaming Dr. Fauci for people not following the guidelines?  And he isn't really in a position of "power" like she keeps saying he is.  Why doesn't she bring up the president not telling people to wear a mask, or bothering to wear one himself.  She just wants to be on the anti-Fauci bandwagon with her tribe.  

And I haven't heard anyone say, "It's just Republicans not wearing masks" 

Meghan - "One should behave civilized".  There's at least one of these every day.

All this. I thought the reasoning behind not promoting the masks at first was due to the fact we simply didn't have the supply for everyone in the country to get masks and to leave them for those who need them most. Wasn't that why Dr. Fauci wasn't pushing them at first, around March? Someone who remembers all of it more clearly feel free to let me know. And you're right, the president IS STILL not telling people to wear masks, and it's July. Masks are also very easy to get now. You can not only order them, but you can find them at the grocery store and local boutiques, so many places. Some establishments even hand out masks, and yet people refuse them. 😞

True. Joy and Sunny brought up some interesting points. I'm all for information that explains why our country is in the state it's in. I don't care what party the source is. I personally know Republicans who wear masks and are being very responsible and Democrats who don't and aren't socially distancing either. I also know lots of Democrats who care deeply for the black community and gay community but haven't participated in protests because they're concerned about catching/spreading Covid. I'm so tired of this virus, am open to listening to any ideas on how we can lower the infections/deaths, and wish all of this wouldn't be politicized. I don't care what individual, network, or party someone is. I'm open to all suggestions whether that's the masks, socially distancing, extra washing, or restricting travel. 

I ranted about how tired I was of all this back in March and didn't think we'd be in such bad shape all this time later. I'm not an extremist who expects a bunch of shutdowns and everyone to be hermits without human interaction for as long as this virus is out there. I get that people want to work and resume normal life, but there's going out and socially distancing wearing a mask. There's seeing a small number of people so you don't get lonely. And then there's gathering in large crowds mask-less, not respecting other people's space, and not sacrificing anything at all in your life and even partying.

End of rant. :)

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

All this. I thought the reasoning behind not promoting the masks at first was due to the fact we simply didn't have the supply for everyone in the country to get masks and to leave them for those who need them most.

This is exactly right.  They didn't want everyone rushing out and buying masks of any kind since there weren't even enough medical masks for healthcare workers.  Dr. Fauci did say during this time period that he didn't think regular masks were worth wearing because they didn't provide 100% protection, and he also thought masks would cause people to touch their faces more.  Obviously, live and learn. 

But some people just want to say "Well, if you didn't know all the answers right away, you're not worth listening to at all".  Meghan and other people like her would rather direct their ire at completely apolitical people who are at least trying to do the right thing rather than at the politicians who are playing politics with what is going on and what people should be doing.  

• Love 15

Meghan is misrepresenting Fauci's stance on protests. This from an interview with Jon Karl (found on an abcnews site):

"Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, said Friday that his advice for people who want to attend President Donald Trump’s campaign rallies is the same for anti-Trump protestors -- any large group is "a danger" and "risky." And if a person insists on going, they should wear a mask, especially when they are yelling or chanting"

• Love 17

MeAgain said both that she didn't have faith in Fauci's expert opinion and that she blames him for not screaming from the rooftops about the dangers of COVID-19.  Well if you don't trust his opinion, why do you want him screaming his advice at Americans?

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
58 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Masks are also very easy to get now. You can not only order them, but you can find them at the grocery store and local boutiques, so many places. Some establishments even hand out masks, and yet people refuse them. 😞

You can also get them online, like, you know, cribs. 

4 minutes ago, bannana said:

MeAgain said both that she didn't have faith in Fauci's expert opinion and that she blames him for not screaming from the rooftops about the dangers of COVID-19.  

I think Fauci has been doing his best but he was muzzled for weeks.  How many weeks went by without updates from the task force?

• Love 18
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

All this. I thought the reasoning behind not promoting the masks at first was due to the fact we simply didn't have the supply for everyone in the country to get masks and to leave them for those who need them most. Wasn't that why Dr. Fauci wasn't pushing them at first, around March?

This is correct.  In NYC, in March, no one could find masks.  I remember trying to order them for the labs and nothing at all.  At the end of March I was able to find them.  By mid-April they were giving them away in NYC.  Today street vendors sell them, and if you go into a hospital they give you one if you aren't wearing one, gloves too.  No reason anybody can't find a mask today.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

All this. I thought the reasoning behind not promoting the masks at first was due to the fact we simply didn't have the supply for everyone in the country to get masks and to leave them for those who need them most. Wasn't that why Dr. Fauci wasn't pushing them at first, around March? Someone who remembers all of it more clearly feel free to let me know. And you're right, the president IS STILL not telling people to wear masks, and it's July. Masks are also very easy to get now. You can not only order them, but you can find them at the grocery store and local boutiques, so many places. Some establishments even hand out masks, and yet people refuse them. 😞

True. Joy and Sunny brought up some interesting points. I'm all for information that explains why our country is in the state it's in. I don't care what party the source is. I personally know Republicans who wear masks and are being very responsible and Democrats who don't and aren't socially distancing either. I also know lots of Democrats who care deeply for the black community and gay community but haven't participated in protests because they're concerned about catching/spreading Covid. I'm so tired of this virus, am open to listening to any ideas on how we can lower the infections/deaths, and wish all of this wouldn't be politicized. I don't care what individual, network, or party someone is. I'm open to all suggestions whether that's the masks, socially distancing, extra washing, or restricting travel. 

I ranted about how tired I was of all this back in March and didn't think we'd be in such bad shape all this time later. I'm not an extremist who expects a bunch of shutdowns and everyone to be hermits without human interaction for as long as this virus is out there. I get that people want to work and resume normal life, but there's going out and socially distancing wearing a mask. There's seeing a small number of people so you don't get lonely. And then there's gathering in large crowds mask-less, not respecting other people's space, and not sacrificing anything at all in your life and even partying.

End of rant. 🙂

So very well said! Totally agree.  Sick of all of it.  I do admit it too, i ran into the groc store on the spur of the moment and forgot to grab my mask.  Didnt even realize until mostly done.  Which put a pep in my step for sure.  They were nice though. Coulda been ugly.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Let's cut to the chase. Meghan is mad because the protests don't seem to have caused widespread outbreaks of covid. But bars and beaches seem to have caused spikes.   Maybe the virus believes in karma.

Meghan never misses an opportunity to portray her tribe as the victims. 

Exactly...I just read today that there’s no evidence that the protest marches have caused any spike in the virus.  And Whoopi is right...Fox News essentially made fun of the concerns for months and now suddenly they’re concerned about the protests causing spikes?  As much as MM wants to sort of distance herself from some Rs, she just can’t seem to make the break.  And MM, Im guessing tucker Carlson has high ratings only among fox viewers...not the general,public but she didn’t note that. At least a majority of the protestors were wearing masks, unlike MMs favorite 2nd amendment folks doing their unmasked protests with guns against the virus shutdowns and mask requirements.  And the marchers were actually marching about an important issues facing the US whereas MMs folks were just throwing a tantrum.  And can she ever just shut up...it’s just a constant monologue with her while Whoopi kept trying to get a word in edgewise.  And she’s one to talk about bad behavior!!  Look in a mirror or watch yourself on video sometime.   

• Love 24

Re carl Reiner...what a loss!  Look for the episode of Jerry Seinfeld’s comedians in cars with Carl Reiner.  It’s a classic and the last portion he’s invited over to the nightly dinner he had with Mel Brooks.  They brought in deli food and it’s so cute and so sweet.  If you haven’t seen it, look for it on you tube.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

Megan will always be a mouthpiece for her tribe and will never learn to have an opinion for herself even if it does not correlate with her people's talking points about  whatever issue of the day. 

I thought she was vile when she threw shade at Dr. Fauci. It is because of people like Megan and her ilk that doctor Fauci has to have bodyguards due to death threats from conspiracy theories pushed by the right.  It is truly shameful and disgusting that an intelligent caring doctor has become a strawman all because he contradicts a certain person about the dangers surrounding the Covid virus, unbelievable!  Science is not supposed to be partisan but Nutmeg and her crew have made it so..

Megan also threw shade at BLM during her meltdown about protests, Doctor Fauci, the corona surge in red states and it does not surprise me one bit since she is truly a Karen.

I guffawed at Whoopie taking offense about her real name "Karen" being part of slang to describe people like Nutmeg... 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 23
16 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan will always be a mouthpiece for her tribe and will never learn to have an opinion for herself even if it does not correlate with her people's talking points about  whatever issue of the day. 

I thought she was vile when she threw shade at Dr. Fauci. It is because of people like Megan and her ilk that doctor Fauci has to have bodyguards due to death threats from conspiracy theories pushed by the right.  It is truly shameful and disgusting that an intelligent caring doctor has become a strawman all because he contradicts a certain person about the dangers surrounding the Covid virus, unbelievable!  Science is not supposed to be partisan but Nutmeg and her crew have made it so..

Megan also threw shade at BLM during her meltdown about protests, Doctor Fauci, the corona surge in red states and it does not surprise me one bit since she is truly a Karen.

I guffawed at Whoopie taking offense about her real name "Karen" being part of slang to describe people like Nutmeg... 

Poor Dr. Fauci. We need more indeed intelligent, caring people like him and less dumb, selfish people running around as if there’s no pandemic. I agree, science is science.

And when I say dumb, selfish, I don’t mean if you forgot to wear your mask and not being perfect. No one is perfect. My issue is the people who aren’t even trying to look out for others and make a point not to wear masks and things of that nature. There are way too many adults I see like this. They can’t all constantly be forgetting to maintain space and wear masks and not see signs in stores.

Meghan likes to jump at whatever, whoever she can that’s more left, whether that’s a politician, movement, journalist, guest, etc. As much as she encourages civility and not making things political, she doesn’t practice what she preaches. A lot of people in her party defended the rallies in the midst of covid but condemned the protests due to it. Of course she’d throw shade at BLM. 

LOL

• Love 14

I swear she’s just resentful that she can’t go out drinking and shooting and hanging out with friends.  She’s lashing out at those who do (jealous) and those who say not to (Fauci, her conscience).  Poor Meg. Such a victim of science and sensible behavior.  Why doesn’t everyone lavish her with sympathy?  I know - because we hate conservative women. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

Whoopi just does not make sense. She started out doing really well when they transitioned from home but now it’s just...worse blather than ever. I’m glad the teleprompter forces her to segue to each host in a more natural way because she never got the hang of that. 

Here’s her “rebuttal” to Megs defense of her tribe/culture wars/etc:

“Well here’s the deal...I feel...at this point...at this point....there’s no person, there is no person on the face, in our country...who can look at what’s happening and say that ‘your politics is wrong, or my politics is wrong.’ This is not about politics, people who are conservative, people who are republican, people who are Democrats...they’re all getting hit the same way. People are dying, and so, for me, I don’t see where the question is. It’s not about your rights, it’s about...there’s a thing in the country, there’s a poison in the country, and all we need to try and do, and we've said it to everybody...we said it about the beaches in..in florida. We, you know, sorta shamed people into making changes. We have talked about the fact that everybody has to get on board to stop the spread of this thing. We said it to the marches, we said it to everybody. No one is making a distinction, we’ve got to put the masks on.” 

WHAT!? Her points get lost in her word salad. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

There seems to be an anti Fauci thing with Republicans. A Facebook friend called him creepy, and the Texas lieutenant governor is against him. What? He's not telling them what they want to hear? Why did Meghan defend Fox News when they don't want her?

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

I'm the only conservative on this show...blah..blah..blah...

Tucker Clarson...masks...Fox news...Republicans...blah..blah....blah 

My head hurts!

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Tammee said:

oh the memories....yeah i never much played kicking it.  It was more like pick it up and turn it in for a nickel lol. (oh and the other thing we used it for, spin the bottle or truth or dare)

Hmmm...I'm OLD and never heard of turning in tin cans for money. If you mean aluminum cans...then yeah, turn one in for a few pennies because they aren't good for kickin' (too lightweight).   Campbell's soup cans were plentiful...but vegetable cans were bigger--better for kicking.

1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

Why did Meghan defend Fox News when they don't want her?

Hedging her bets for when Biden is President?

• Love 8
7 hours ago, geekburger said:

Whoopi just does not make sense. She started out doing really well when they transitioned from home but now it’s just...worse blather than ever. I’m glad the teleprompter forces her to segue to each host in a more natural way because she never got the hang of that. 

Here’s her “rebuttal” to Megs defense of her tribe/culture wars/etc:

“Well here’s the deal...I feel...at this point...at this point....there’s no person, there is no person on the face, in our country...who can look at what’s happening and say that ‘your politics is wrong, or my politics is wrong.’ This is not about politics, people who are conservative, people who are republican, people who are Democrats...they’re all getting hit the same way. People are dying, and so, for me, I don’t see where the question is. It’s not about your rights, it’s about...there’s a thing in the country, there’s a poison in the country, and all we need to try and do, and we've said it to everybody...we said it about the beaches in..in florida. We, you know, sorta shamed people into making changes. We have talked about the fact that everybody has to get on board to stop the spread of this thing. We said it to the marches, we said it to everybody. No one is making a distinction, we’ve got to put the masks on.” 

WHAT!? Her points get lost in her word salad. 

I completely agree. I suspect it is because she didn't want to say:  Girl, just stop talking!

danny glover GIF

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Why did Meghan defend Fox News when they don't want her?

Because she has reminded us a million times over the past few years that 'all her friends' are at FOX NEWS, lest we forget. No matter who they bring up at FOX, she usually interjects , "I'm friends with him/her" and then defends them. I guess she doesn't have friends at ABC?  It will be interesting if they bring up FOX today, with the headlines they made yesterday with one of their news anchors. Or will Meghan stop them ?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

I just checked, and they're off all next week (plus tomorrow).  I can't remember - do they usually take a week off for the 4th of July?  Since they take a month of starting in early August, I didn't think they did.  I'm wondering if they may be planning to work a little longer in August so that they'll be able to discuss Biden's vp pick. 

• Useful 1

Whoa, Meghan's serving up an extra large batch of word salad this morning.

She has some nerve laughing at Joy.  At least Joy realized she couldn't think of the right word.  I don't think Meghan is even aware of how many words she uses incorrectly, because she thinks she's smart and articulate.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I just checked, and they're off all next week (plus tomorrow).  I can't remember - do they usually take a week off for the 4th of July?  Since they take a month of starting in early August, I didn't think they did.  I'm wondering if they may be planning to work a little longer in August so that they'll be able to discuss Biden's vp pick. 

Last year they had the first week of July off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Poor Sunny keeps freezing.  And Ben Platt’s feed is terrible  

Wasn't Meg slamming the protesters for not wearing masks?  Ben just shot that one down. People who care enough to protest are going to care enough to wear masks. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12

Hopefully they’ll get all the technical problems resolved by the time they come back from their break because there are so many freezing/sound issues today, it’s not worth watching.

• Love 2