Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/29/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Megan honey, the reason that the hosts at FoxNews are now telling their viewers to wear masks is because the poll numbers for your tribe is in the toilet and they are trying to save themselves..It is about self-preservation and not altruism..

Whoopie's face after we saw that horrific video of yet another Black man being killed moved me to tears..I had to turn off the view, it was just too much.. It just never ends..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 16
15 hours ago, OnTime said:

I'm the only conservative on this show...blah..blah..blah...

Tucker Clarson...masks...Fox news...Republicans...blah..blah....blah 

I posted this yesterday and Meghan's back at it again today.

Did she not get new blue cards for today??

• LOL 12

39 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I posted this yesterday and Meghan's back at it again today.

Did she not get new blue cards for today??

Isn't it the same argument every day?  Wash, rinse, repeat.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Not surprised meghun hadn't heard about Elijah's death since she basically only gets conservative media. The nerve of her saying that maybe police should have better training. No shit. People have been saying that but all you care about are your right wing talking points.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20

I was soooo surprised that MM took a the topic under discussion and turned it into something else.  The topic was contact tracing and how people were denying that they were at a party so that they wouldn't get in trouble.  MM's contribution - people distrust the government and they are buying a lot of guns.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Sunny, as I'm sure your mom told you while you were growing up, if you continue making your face like that, it's gonna freeze....oh wait, it just did!

Joy, see how you call out Trump for using the wrong word, denigrate/deface? Can you do the same when meghan uses the wrong word or will that take up too much time daily?

Is Whoopi currently filming a movie in which she plays a queen and she's unable to remove that stupid crown from her head?

Edited by Blissfool
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2

What a revelation MeeAgain  Discovering republicans are having issues with Republican leaders and the party. Every member of the panel has been saying  they should be having problems with her party forever,  but because Tucker is pushing it she gets to ramble on and on about a given.  She truly is someone who loves to hear her voice and to eat up as much of a discussion as she can without saying a damn thing.  Frankly I’d be embarrassed after claiming she wants open civil discussions only to be  bragging she is only watching conservative news all day and night. 
Thanks for the heads up on video, I’ve seen it and read it and can’t bear it. Training  for the police really?  Wrong place at the wrong time ? Is that what this is Missy?   How about deep psychological screening and then some more.  

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Isn't it the same argument every day?  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Yes, but some days she has problems reading the teleprompter.  She should always have backup blue cards ready so she can recite Ben's opinions.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, OnTime said:

I'm the only conservative on this show...blah..blah..blah...

Tucker Clarson...masks...Fox news...Republicans...blah..blah....blah 

My head hurts!

I had to look at when you posted this as it could apply to today’s show as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Re MM...I don’t recall reading anywhere that the inability to shut up is a side effect of your last trimester?  Good lord the past few days once she starts she just can’t stop talking...it’s like stream of consciousness stuff.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I couldn't stop crying when I watched the footage of Elijah McClain. He was a tiny guy and clearly a pure soul. He was only 140 lbs, but the paramedics gave him the amount of ketamine for a 220 lb man. There have been so many awful stories, but his has really haunted me. "I don't even hurt flies." 😞 Totally broke my heart. He was too sweet and good for this world. I can't imagine what this young man's family has gone through the last year. I never met him, but I know I would have wanted to be his friend.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Is Whoopi currently filming a movie in which she plays a queen and she's unable to remove that stupid crown from her head?

Maybe it was her subtle way of letting a certain person know who was in charge and who wasn’t the queen of the show. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Joy, see how you call out Trump for using the wrong word, denigrate/deface? Can you do the same when meghan uses the wrong word or will that take up too much time daily?

yes, please Joy, correct the princess.  

yeah, that crown is stupid - did she give a reason for this? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I thought she said she is wearing because she felt she messed up talking about Carl Reiner the day before. So she put it on to feel better to talk about him again.

I really can't remember and I don't have the energy to watch the show again.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

Yesterday she said something about how the world is in terrible shape right now and she's trying to bring a little whimy to the show, or something like that.

As if the baby Yoda at her side, the mountain climber figurine behind her, or her wardrobe aren't enough whimsy already.

3 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I thought she said she is wearing because she felt she messed up talking about Carl Reiner the day before. So she put it on to feel better to talk about him again.

I really can't remember and I don't have the energy to watch the show again.

oh yes she said this too. Yep, all part of her word salad explanation. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Wasn't Meg slamming the protesters for not wearing masks?  Ben just shot that one down. People who care enough to protest are going to care enough to wear masks. 

Yes!  Even though Ben was difficult to hear, his initial point about protesters, and why he felt to leave home and protest, seemed clearly directed toward MeAgain's comments.  He also talked about the narrative that is being spun by some people.  MeAgain totally missed the dig, and gushed over him about his show.

I live in Canada and I knew about Elijah's tragic story for a while now.  MeAgain needs to watch another network other than Fox.

• Love 17
(edited)

Yes, both MSNBC and CNN covered Elijah's story last week in multiple segments.  

It should tell Meghan something that her preferred network didn't, apparently.  You would think she would at least watch the half hour of her employer's nightly newscast in order to broaden her perspective, since she's admitted that Fox News is a bubble (which I think she characterized, when she first joined The View, as "comforting" or something similar).  

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 15

I was late to watch today's show, but, My God, will Meghan just slow down with her never-ending responses.  Honestly, she is wearing me down, on and on and on. Plus, this format allows her to do this, and eliminate "talk over".  Please give everyone equal time, we don't need to hear that she is the one conservative, blah, blah, blah.

On another note, Gabriel is so cute!

• Love 10

What does Whoopi have on the back of her chair?  It looks like it might be a jacket draped over the chair.  Not sure what that is all about.

Good article summing up their discussion re BLM and you know who's comments about denigrating Fifth Avenue.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/the-view-hosts-rip-trump-for-calling-blm-a-e2-80-98symbol-of-hate-e2-80-99-he-e2-80-99s-e2-80-98race-baiting-e2-80-99-e2-80-98sending-a-very-dangerous-message-e2-80-99/ar-BB16glMF

MeAgain is going to hear from her people!

https://www.salon.com/2020/07/02/mccain-admits-there-are-serious-problems-in-the-gop-right-now-people-are-starting-to-jump-ship_partner/

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, bannana said:

It looks like it might be a jacket draped over the chair. 

I'm pretty sure it is a jacket - a pin-stripe one, it looks like.  The only thing I could think of is that the upholstery visible to us got ripped, or maybe stained, somehow, and this is how she's covering it up.  It's hardly like she needs it there in case she gets cold.

But knowing Whoopie, it's probably there for some weird reason.  If it's still there when the show's back, maybe she'll tell us.

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I couldn't stop crying when I watched the footage of Elijah McClain. He was a tiny guy and clearly a pure soul. He was only 140 lbs, but the paramedics gave him the amount of ketamine for a 220 lb man. There have been so many awful stories, but his has really haunted me. "I don't even hurt flies." 😞 Totally broke my heart. He was too sweet and good for this world. I can't imagine what this young man's family has gone through the last year. I never met him, but I know I would have wanted to be his friend.  

He just went to get a tea for his little brother and that is what is so heartbreaking.. So when I hear that BLM is a symbol of hate it just reinforces the tragedy behind his death and so many others.. Black people cannot be in peace, we have always wanted to be left alone ever since the first African was kidnapped, put on a ship and sent to hell on this side of the world..

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

He just went to get a tea for his little brother and that is what is so heartbreaking.. So when I hear that BLM is a symbol of hate it just reinforces the tragedy behind his death and so many others.. Black people cannot be in peace, we have always wanted to be left alone ever since the first African was kidnapped, put on a ship and sent to hell on this side of the world..

I liked Whoopi's very straightforward comments that this has been happening to black men and women in the US  all along, being beaten or killed.  MeAgain seems to  just be discovering this part of the American world.  It does seem to be having an impact on her, you can see in her comments on her Twitter about this story and others that she is truly affected.  It's just kind of pathetic that she has been so naive up until now.  She was so vocal against taking a knee, yet she obviously never bothered to understand what that was all about.

• Love 15
(edited)

TPTB at the View need still photos of all cohosts and guests so that when one or more of them don't have the bandwidth to support both audio & video, the audio can continue without dropping the interview.  I've been involved in Zoom, Skype, Webex, Teams and other meetings & presentations and we figured this out 3 months ago.  Why is ABC so clueless?  Also, have a producer with their finger on the mute button when a cohost starts talking when it is not their turn, or take over completely when Whoopi is too confused or stoned to moderate.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I know. 😞 I didn't learn about Elijah last year, but it's amazing how few people conveniently still haven't heard of him. All the folks I know who aren't for BLM say they never heard about him. It's such a tricky time. Vast majority just want to show support, but then are attacked for being part of a hate group. I wish it weren't all so political. TBH I don't even know what we can say about BLM on this forum. Is it considered political at this point? I'd elaborate but don't want to break rules. All I know is my heart hurts. 

1 hour ago, bannana said:

I liked Whoopi's very straightforward comments that this has been happening to black men and women in the US  all along, being beaten or killed.  MeAgain seems to  just be discovering this part of the American world.  It does seem to be having an impact on her, you can see in her comments on her Twitter about this story and others that she is truly affected.  It's just kind of pathetic that she has been so naive up until now.  She was so vocal against taking a knee, yet she obviously never bothered to understand what that was all about.

I know. I do like that she's at least coming around and showing she has a heart. That's more than can be said for some others. People look at me as a white chick and sadly a lot of the time let the racism really fly. Even the dismissive comments annoy me, and they're never said when obvious people of color are in the room. I do have some African blood, date men of all colors, and many black people as part of my family and of course friends. Not everyone knows that though so I constantly hear anti BLM stuff.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Also, have a producer with their finger on the mute button when a cohost starts talking when it is not their turn

This! Simple solution!

4 hours ago, deirdra said:

or take over completely when Whoopi is too confused or stoned to moderate.

And this!  Although, not sure how they would this.  The muting of the co-hosts is the perfect solution and would actually help Whoopi muddle through moderating.

• Love 8

I thought Sunny's son was cute, too. I like the little shoutouts to her family and Steve this week. I admit it's likely only because I like both ladies specifically, since I don't think I'd care to see McCain's husband or Whoopi's extended family, but who knows.

I'm grateful that Joy advises Democrats not to be delusional about election prospects. She was ringing that same bell in 2016--that the same thing that happened to Gore could happen again--but nobody was listening, unfortunately. :(  I remember Raven Symone sneering at her like she was an idiot when she'd say that.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

TPTB at the View need still photos of all cohosts and guests so that when one or more of them don't have the bandwidth to support both audio & video, the audio can continue without dropping the interview.  I've been involved in Zoom, Skype, Webex, Teams and other meetings & presentations and we figured this out 3 months ago.  Why is ABC so clueless?  Also, have a producer with their finger on the mute button when a cohost starts talking when it is not their turn, or take over completely when Whoopi is too confused or stoned to moderate.

Yes, you would think they would be able to figure this out by now.  The mute needs to happen.  There is no benefit to anyone when you can't understand anyone because several people are talking at once.  This is not rocket science ABC.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes!  Even though Ben was difficult to hear, his initial point about protesters, and why he felt to leave home and protest, seemed clearly directed toward MeAgain's comments.  He also talked about the narrative that is being spun by some people.  MeAgain totally missed the dig, and gushed over him about his show.

I live in Canada and I knew about Elijah's tragic story for a while now.  MeAgain needs to watch another network other than Fox.

Can that be her reason? Surely the story was on FOX. 

• Love 1

Meghan is like the obnoxious kid we all had in class who constantly has their hand up. Eventually, the teacher tries to ignore them and desperately searches for ANYONE ELSE who even LOOKS like they are about to raise their hand.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

Can that be her reason? Surely the story was on FOX. 

I know fox news website has articles about it. I don't know if their opinion host talked about it on TV. Meghun is on twitter a lot and she somehow didn't see news about Elijah. This really should tell her that she should follow other accounts.

• Love 12
(edited)

What's up with MeAgain's sudden fixation with Sunny?  Every time she opens her mouth for one of her long-winded dissertations, she prefaces whatever she is going to say with "I agree with Sunny" or "As Sunny was saying".  She says it every damn time she opens her big mouth.  Wasn't it this time last year that MeAgain was busy trying to have Sunny fired for supposedly leaking stories about backstage drama to the media?  I wonder what's changed.  If I were Sunny, I wouldn't get too comfortable with the supposed infatuation.  MeAgain is capable of stabbing her in the back again in a heartbeat.  She wouldn't think twice about it.  Joy looks like she thinks it's a bunch of bullshit.  I think MeAgain is getting on her last nerve.  I know she's on mine.

Edited by Badbea99
  • Love 12
20 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Maybe Sunny still has her kids' crib, and Meghan is buttering her up, hoping.....😆

Or maybe hoping Sunny will throw her a shower. (If it’s between Sunny, Joy, and Whoopi, Sunny is the best bet.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, pachebo said:

Meghan is like the obnoxious kid we all had in class who constantly has their hand up. Eventually, the teacher tries to ignore them and desperately searches for ANYONE ELSE who even LOOKS like they are about to raise their hand.

Interesting, that you mentioned this.

Last night I was thinking she is that one cousin who doesn't fit. All the other cousins enjoy each other and get along well but that one cousin (and at least one of its parents) rubs everyone the wrong way at every gathering and everyone has to cater to him/her.

Or she's that one kid you have to invite to your kid's birthday party every year who you hate to see show up and love to see going home. Ditto with the parent. Gah!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Interesting, that you mentioned this.

Last night I was thinking she is that one cousin who doesn't fit. All the other cousins enjoy each other and get along well but that one cousin (and at least one of its parents) rubs everyone the wrong way at every gathering and everyone has to cater to him/her.

Or she's that one kid you have to invite to your kid's birthday party every year who you hate to see show up and love to see going home. Ditto with the parent. Gah!

Perfect description, Suomi.  She sucks the air out of the room in an instant.

• Love 8

Thursday's show was one of the worst for the summer so far. Between the video freeze with Sunny every time she spoke, and the horrible audio with Ben Platt - they shoukd have just thrown in the towel and cut to a cartoon. As much as I like Platt, I had to FF his segment (I DVR the show) as I wasn't enjoying listening to him talk as though he had fallen into the bottom of the ocean.

C'mon - this show is under ABC News. Can it be they don't have the technology or expertise on how to remedy this YET - four months in ? I'm hoping they take next week to go to Best Buy and grab some new equipment.

Usually, by the 4th of July, they do their summer book picks - I wonder why they didn't do that yet ?

Yes, Sunny's son Gabriel is a handsome young man. There's definitely a future on television for him. He's a natural for the camera.

I hope Meghan uses her week off wisely, and familiarizes herself with her 'word a day' calendar. Maybe practice using each new word in a sentence ?

Have a great holiday week...see you on the 13th for 'an all new View' !

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Meghan once said that her parents sent her on an Outward Bound program.  While not all of their programs are for troubled youths, she would hardly have said, 'my parents sent me' if it was something fun she wanted to do.  (I wonder - did it help at all?)

So, Meghan's had issues for a long time.  But she's not the type to self-reflect.  I can't imagine her ever changing her behavior on the show.  Even if anyone would bother anymore to suggest to her ways she could improve, she would complain that she's being asked to "soften" herself, which she seems to equate with having good manners and an even tone of voice ( heck, she actually took offense when someone on her social media suggested that parenthood might soften her).  And I don't think she's ever listened to anyone except her father (which is why she's on the show in the first place). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 7/1/2020 at 3:15 PM, bannana said:

MeAgain said both that she didn't have faith in Fauci's expert opinion and that she blames him for not screaming from the rooftops about the dangers of COVID-19.  Well if you don't trust his opinion, why do you want him screaming his advice at Americans?

Yes, she doesn't trust that his medical judgement is right, but she wants him to tell it to liberal groups.    The point, though, was about republican LEADERS not wearing masks, and putting down people who wear masks - making derogatory comments about social distancing, talking about how people can choose to wear masks or not.  THAT is the issue.  Not whether people who gather are on the left or right, but the leadership of the country encouraging safe practices.  

what's the saying -   every disaster movie begins with a politician refusing to listen to a scientist. 

On 7/2/2020 at 2:47 PM, cinsays said:

yes, please Joy, correct the princess.  

OK - here's my guess.  Based on nothing than watching Whoopi for years.  

Whoopi once had a line of socks.   then she had her ugly christmas sweaters.   Didn't she say she MADE the crown?   Maybe she  is thinking - with everyone doing online videos for work, for family get-togethers, doing everything through zoom or something similar  - can she cash in on it by coming out with a line of crowns, tiaras, jewel-studded headbands, animal ears, etc.  kind of similar to how  Disney has expanded their classic "mickey ears"  to 100 different  themes. Perhaps WHoopi wants  people to start asking about her crown.  then she'll be telling us that so many people asked where they could buy one, that she decided to create and market a line of headwear for online meetings.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
8 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

What's up with MeAgain's sudden fixation with Sunny?  Every time she opens her mouth for one of her long-winded dissertations, she prefaces whatever she is going to say with "I agree with Sunny" or "As Sunny was saying".  She says it every damn time she opens her big mouth.  Wasn't it this time last year that MeAgain was busy trying to have Sunny fired for supposedly leaking stories about backstage drama to the media?  I wonder what's changed.  If I were Sunny, I wouldn't get too comfortable with the supposed infatuation.  MeAgain is capable of stabbing her in the back again in a heartbeat.  She wouldn't think twice about it.  Joy looks like she thinks it's a bunch of bullshit.  I think MeAgain is getting on her last nerve.  I know she's on mine.

I think it’s because that woman from ABC who was just fired when all the racist and hateful things she said about people that worked there behind-the-scenes (Sunny included) came out had a hand in McCain’s hiring.

4 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Usually, by the 4th of July, they do their summer book picks - I wonder why they didn't do that yet ?

Good point. My guess is because there’s no audience to give free books to, but I wish they’d do it anyway. I always think it’s interesting to see what Joy and Sunny pick.

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think it’s because that woman from ABC who was just fired when all the racist and hateful things she said about people that worked there behind-the-scenes (Sunny included) came out had a hand in McCain’s hiring.

Good point. My guess is because there’s no audience to give free books to, but I wish they’d do it anyway. I always think it’s interesting to see what Joy and Sunny pick.

Each year I end up reading books Joy and Sunny recommend. Whoopi even recommends a decent book sometimes. In 2018 Meghan recommended a book about the 2016 election (can't remember the name of it) who's author was roundly discredited.  Idiot.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

she doesn't trust that his medical judgement is right, but she wants him to tell it to liberal groups.    The point, though, was about republican LEADERS not wearing masks, and putting down people who wear masks - making derogatory comments about social distancing, talking about how people can choose to wear masks or not.  THAT is the issue.  Not whether people who gather are on the left or right, but the leadership of the country encouraging safe practices.  

Yup. Meg’s tribe needs to blame someone for the surge in red states and of course they aren’t going to blame you-know-who. WHY DIDNT YOU TELL US, FAUCI?  But of course he did but they weren’t listening. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Each year I end up reading books Joy and Sunny recommend. Whoopi even recommends a decent book sometimes. In 2018 Meghan recommended a book about the 2016 election (can't remember the name of it) who's author was roundly discredited.  Idiot.

I do, as well - although I seem to like Joy's picks better than Sunny's. Whoopi has chosen a few interesting titles, but when i scanned the books nothing really interested me. Speaking of books - didn't Sunny have a novel set on Martha's Vineyard due out this summer ?

3 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Speaking of books - didn't Sunny have a novel set on Martha's Vineyard due out this summer ?

ginger90 posted the link for us in Sunny's thread yesterday. 

• Love 1
On 7/1/2020 at 7:51 PM, Kayz Opinion said:

Hmmm...I'm OLD and never heard of turning in tin cans for money. If you mean aluminum cans...then yeah, turn one in for a few pennies because they aren't good for kickin' (too lightweight).   Campbell's soup cans were plentiful...but vegetable cans were bigger--better for kicking.

Hedging her bets for when Biden is President?

Ive always been very vocal about how much that annoys me.  Calling the guests by formal titles.  It just comes out sounding so weird.  She never did that before.  Wonder why now its an issue that she does it.  BUT, there are exceptions and Dr Biden is definitely one.  I would never address her otherwise.   Dr Jen Ashton from GMA is another.  Religious leaders like the Pope.  Those kinds of things.  Hmm maybe shes projecting that she wants to be addressed as Mrs whateverhislastnameis.  Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/3/2020 at 4:12 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

And they could always take the charitable way.  After doing the bit, each cohost can pick their fav libraries and donate that packet of books.  It would be a tax write off for somebody. And the library is all for the better!

• Love 5