Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/29/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

During one of Meghan's rants, she muttered something like, 'nobody is worried about the Lincoln project, believe me.'   She was talking over someone else  (surprise)  so it was tough to hear, and I might not have the quote exact  But it contradicts what others are saying about the Lincoln Project advertisements.  (they pay to have them aired on Fox News in DC, to make sure the president sees them, and there are reports that he is upset about it)   I wonder what Meghan's source is that "nobody is worried"  about the videos.  

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

During one of Meghan's rants, she muttered something like, 'nobody is worried about the Lincoln project, believe me.'   She was talking over someone else  (surprise)  so it was tough to hear, and I might not have the quote exact  

That sounds like what I heard when she was over-talking.  But I wasn't sure what her point was - is she with (as she often claims) or against the anti-T people (implying nothing phases him)?  If your point is so important that you must shout it while someone else is speaking, why not make it understandable?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

During one of Meghan's rants, she muttered something like, 'nobody is worried about the Lincoln project, believe me.'   She was talking over someone else  (surprise)  so it was tough to hear, and I might not have the quote exact  But it contradicts what others are saying about the Lincoln Project advertisements.  (they pay to have them aired on Fox News in DC, to make sure the president sees them, and there are reports that he is upset about it)   I wonder what Meghan's source is that "nobody is worried"  about the videos.  

well, in her world, there is nobody  but her, so...….

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 7/2/2020 at 1:50 PM, OnTime said:

I thought she said she is wearing because she felt she messed up talking about Carl Reiner the day before. So she put it on to feel better to talk about him again.

Wish we had an emoji for WEIRD.  Not YOU, OnTime...The Whoop.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Yesterday at 2:20pm, Tammee quoted me AND confused me.

Heheh i do seem to do that well. (Confusion).  I was commenting on MM addressing everyone with their formal title and how annoyingly awkward it is.. The only problem is i hooked it on the wrong post.  Sorry @Kayz Opinion.

1 hour ago, Kayz Opinion said:

A double!  Im looking for the 220pm post.  I see a 3 20pm. Is that it?

17 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan always dismisses things she doesn't want to believe is true. 

• Love 7
On 7/6/2020 at 4:07 PM, Tammee said:
On 7/6/2020 at 2:45 PM, Kayz Opinion said:

A double!  Im looking for the 220pm post.  I see a 3 20pm. Is that it?

They've updated so I can't find it; I'm pretty sure it was 2:20.  Could time zones cause the difference?

Today’s repeat of the discussion of Trump calling protesters “domestic terrorists,” my husband (who is still working from home) made a good point. If a small business suffers damage from protesters, the fact that trump calls them “terrorists” may be grounds for insurance comps denying coverage if that business declined the terrorism endorsement. Words matter. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Today’s repeat of the discussion of Trump calling protesters “domestic terrorists,” my husband (who is still working from home) made a good point. If a small business suffers damage from protesters, the fact that trump calls them “terrorists” may be grounds for insurance comps denying coverage if that business declined the terrorism endorsement. Words matter. 

So does money. Wouldn't be surprised if that is why he labeled them as such.  Everything seems to always be about money.

• Love 5
On 7/6/2020 at 2:14 PM, tinkerbell said:

There is no source - she was stating her personal opinion, based on the fact that TLP is co-founded by long-time Republican campaign communications director Steve Schmidt, who she has a personal vendetta against.  So when Joy brings up TLP, she has to make her high-school snide remark to dismiss it, somehow thinking everyone will fall in line and believe it's not an influential advertising campaign.

• Love 15
(edited)
35 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

who she has a personal vendetta against. 

Yep.  Remember Meghan telling Dr. Biden that she holds grudges?   This is an example of that.  For all we know, she might dislike some (all?) of the other Lincoln Project founders as well.  It's one thing for her to refrain from praising TLP ads.  I get that.  But it's petty immaturity for her to publicly dismiss them out of hand.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

There is no source - she was stating her personal opinion, based on the fact that TLP is co-founded by long-time Republican campaign communications director Steve Schmidt, who she has a personal vendetta against.  So when Joy brings up TLP, she has to make her high-school snide remark to dismiss it, somehow thinking everyone will fall in line and believe it's not an influential advertising campaign.

The same Steve Schmidt who was in charge of a campaign close to her heart. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12

It’s been interesting listening to repeats of these pundits pushing for reopening to save the economy. I keep yelling at the tv “so how is that working for you now?”

I look forward to Monday’s show. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

The Lincoln project is very effective in my opinion and they have shown how much better Megan's team are at messaging. The other side could take a cue and learn going forward.. Megan hates TLP because she views them as traitors to the cause. Even though they are conservatives just not the right kind so Megan hates them. Plus, she hates Steve because of her personal petty reasons that have nothing to do  with what is going on. 

• Love 13
21 hours ago, lusinia said:

Yep.  Remember Meghan telling Dr. Biden that she holds grudges?   This is an example of that.  For all we know, she might dislike some (all?) of the other Lincoln Project founders as well.  It's one thing for her to refrain from praising TLP ads.  I get that.  But it's petty immaturity for her to publicly dismiss them out of hand.

Yes, she's not too fond of George Conway (Kellyanne's husband) as she has said numerous times.

• Love 8

general question and i pre- apologize if it's slightly off topic... I don't watch live. I watch on Xfinity, which usually lists all available recent episodes. i was watching the 7/2 one today, paused it. it's no longer listed nor are all the late june ones. I also checked on abc.com. same thing. anyone have a clue?

1 hour ago, pachebo said:

general question and i pre- apologize if it's slightly off topic... I don't watch live. I watch on Xfinity, which usually lists all available recent episodes. i was watching the 7/2 one today, paused it. it's no longer listed nor are all the late june ones. I also checked on abc.com. same thing. anyone have a clue?

I only know about Hulu and they keep episodes for one week. You can try YouTube. Just search View and the date it aired.

2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Gotta say I have not missed the show this week.  I miss all of  you here but not the View. If there was a good alternative to the View I would gladly give it up.

I agree! This is a show I once enjoyed - DVR it every day since Rosie (2006) and look forward to watching it at night, when I would come home from work and catch up on what's going on.  Since April, it has now become a chore to watch them - not enjoyable:

I'm over the 'at home' participation, with freeze-frame videos and horrible audio.

I'm over the 'depressing' mood on the set with their choice of topics, as it's like they are all sitting shiva each day, and sniping at each other.

I'm done with 'View Your Deals'  - whether it's a small business, or Oprah. Men and women are struggling to pay their electric bills these days, they don't need to be buying over-priced soap some couple hand make in their backyard from recycled toilet paper and want to sell now.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I agree! This is a show I once enjoyed - DVR it every day since Rosie (2006) and look forward to watching it at night, when I would come home from work and catch up on what's going on.  Since April, it has now become a chore to watch them - not enjoyable:

I'm over the 'at home' participation, with freeze-frame videos and horrible audio.

I'm over the 'depressing' mood on the set with their choice of topics, as it's like they are all sitting shiva each day, and sniping at each other.

I'm done with 'View Your Deals'  - whether it's a small business, or Oprah. Men and women are struggling to pay their electric bills these days, they don't need to be buying over-priced soap some couple hand make in their backyard from recycled toilet paper and want to sell now.

Im just hoping it will lighten up a bit after the election.  Not be so stressful..  then the next big phase will have to possibly delay it a few days.  All

• Love 4
On 7/9/2020 at 4:20 PM, pachebo said:

Do you know who the guests were?  Thats the only way i know

CV truthers deny the severity of the pandemic and think statistics like the US being 4% of the world's population but having 25% of the world's cases are fictitious. 

She brings her friendship to our attention because she's a shit-stirrer. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 7/11/2020 at 1:30 AM, suomi said:

CV truthers deny the severity of the pandemic and think statistics like the US being 4% of the world's population but having 25% of the world's cases are fictitious. 

i would honestly be embarrassed to have friends who are so utterly ignorant.  I understand how in MeAgain's world it's all "spin" and knives out against each other, but this is a global health crisis that actually exists. If her friends believe it is nothing to be worried about and that it is not as serious as it is, she needs a new group of friends.

• Love 7
On 7/11/2020 at 2:30 AM, suomi said:

A 30-year-old recently died after a Covid party. Lots of people think this is all a hoax. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

A 30-year-old recently died after a Covid party. Lots of people think this is all a hoax. 

A man in his 30s in Ohio had posted on FB a couple months ago he was never going to wear a mask and it was a hoax. Then last month he posted he was under quarantine.  Then he posted he was sick and couldn't breathe.  Then it showed his obituary. 

If Meghan has friends who think this is a hoax or an agenda attached to it I bet she agrees with them when talking to them.  Wonder what she will have to say about her home state of Arizona spiking so much hospitals are overwhelmed.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

A man in his 30s in Ohio had posted on FB a couple months ago he was never going to wear a mask and it was a hoax. Then last month he posted he was under quarantine.  Then he posted he was sick and couldn't breathe.  Then it showed his obituary. 

If Meghan has friends who think this is a hoax or an agenda attached to it I bet she agrees with them when talking to them.  Wonder what she will have to say about her home state of Arizona spiking so much hospitals are overwhelmed.

Very sad. What's sadder is that people like that put responsible, innocent people at risk with their dangerous behavior. 

I'm really curious what Meghan is like off camera. Is she combative, aggressive Meghan? Or is she totally different toward her friends? She wasn't very nice to Abby. Not sure if that's because she was jealous of her or she's just rude all the time but people stay friends with her anyway.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Very sad. What's sadder is that people like that put responsible, innocent people at risk with their dangerous behavior. 

I'm really curious what Meghan is like off camera. Is she combative, aggressive Meghan? Or is she totally different toward her friends? She wasn't very nice to Abby. Not sure if that's because she was jealous of her or she's just rude all the time but people stay friends with her anyway.

Abby was asked in some interview about her friendship with Meghun. Abby said that Meghun at one point asked Abby why she was still friends with her. So I would guess Meghun is also combative, self-centered out of the cameras. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3