Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/29/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, June 29 – Jon Stewart (“Irresistible”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, June 30 – The Political View with Dr. Jill Biden (Author, “Joey: The Story of Joe Biden”)

Wednesday, July 1 — Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, July 2 — Ben Platt (“The Politician”)

Friday, July 3 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 5/14/2020) - The Political View with ABC News Contributor Rahm Emanuel; Breonna Taylor’s mother Tamika Palmer joined by her attorney Ben Crump

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, falltime said:

Monday, June 29 – Jon Stewart (“Irresistible”)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Betcha Her Twatness will be absent! If she isn't...Jon has a way of putting assholes in their place! I'm recording just to see him. Jon don't pull no punches!!!!

Then again, she'll suck up to him because Jon liked her sire.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Betcha Her Twatness will be absent! If she isn't...Jon has a way of putting assholes in their place! I'm recording just to see him. Jon don't pull no punches!!!!

Nutmeg loves Jon Stewart.. at least she said she always watched the Daily Show . 

He's too nice tto be mean to anyone,  but hopefully he'll go over her head with his intelligence and straightforward answers, ala Seth Meyer.

Jon is awesome. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Tosia said:

Nutmeg loves Jon Stewart.. at least she said she always watched the Daily Show

I don't believe her. Because one of Jon's bits was about the love "relationship" between Graham and her father. That's something she would clutch and twist her pearls over. 

But we'll see. Jon isn't mean when he sets idiots in their places. Begala wasn't mean. Seth wasn't mean. Yet, according to her Speshialnes, they were all big giant meanies.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If i remember right, didnt she say shes a huge fan..BUT the first 'Mr Stewart'....bam!  Thats my head hitting the floor.  Thud.  Whoopi will bring up his heartbreaking testimony.  Esp w. The 4th coming up.  Always good to promo that fund.

• Love 6

Man, I hope they’ll show some more of those Floridian dodos screaming about not wearing masks just so that we can see Joy do a mocking rant about them. She wasn’t there Friday for that, which was bitterly disappointing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Is anyone as excited as I am over a Monday "View Your Deal" ??????????????????????????

Maybe some day they will surprise us, and they can do an 'Ivanka Edition' rather than an 'Oprah Edition' and have Ivanka selling her Ivanka Trump crap from the White House !  Right in 'The Room Where It Happened'...

She will give Adam Glassman a run for his money !

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

How cute that Brian and his daughter (I guess?) dressed up to watch the Emmys.

Whoopie might not know this, because it was before her time on the show, but according to Wikipedia, The View did win for best talk show in 2003 (their best host win was in 2009). 

The Daytime Emmys first split the Talk Show category into two parts, Entertainment, and Informative, in 2008, but this was the first year The View was put in the Informative category.  I wonder who got to decide that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Meghan at one point said needing a crib in August. 

This was such a good day for her to be absent. We didn't have to listen to her lament the "infanticide" that will be allowed in Louisiana and her twist herself into pretzels to defend Trump against the allegations he ignored being told his man crush Putin placing a bounty on our soldier's heads.

The show works so much better without her.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

This was such a good day for her to be absent. We didn't have to listen to her lament the "infanticide" that will be allowed in Louisiana and her twist herself into pretzels to defend Trump against the allegations he ignored being told his man crush Putin placing a bounty on our soldier's heads.

And Jon Stewart calling Republicans insane. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

Only 3 hosts today and still no Ana Navarro.  Are the rumors true that the beast Meghan McCain is keeping her away along with Sherri Shepherd, Tara Setmayer and it remains to be seen if she'll keep Elisabeth Hasselbeck away.  Does she have that much power?  Why do they keep pampering this "princess?"     

• Love 8
(edited)

10 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Only 3 hosts today and still no Ana Navarro.  Are the rumors true that the beast Meghan McCain is keeping her away along with Sherri Shepherd, Tara Setmayer and it remains to be seen if she'll keep Elisabeth Hasselbeck away.  Does she have that much power?  Why do they keep pampering this "princess?"     

Not to get too off-topic, but I wonder if Ana’s online back-and-forth with Meghan’s besties Janice Dean and Clay Aiken has something to do with her absence... Ana hasn’t been on the show for quite awhile. I really hate how it seems Meghan gets her way on the show constantly. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 10

We also didn't have to hear Meghan act like she was the sole reason the show won an Emmy.  I'm actually shocked she decided to forego the opportunity to do this.  I figured the reason they were doing shows this week, and just taking Friday off (when every single nighttime talk show is in repeats all week), was just so they could brag about the Emmy win, if it happened.

We didn't have to hear Meghan vacillate between telling Joh Stewart how big of a fan she is, and how much she misses him, and then attempt to grill him about something or other just so she could continue being a member of her tribe.  I guess her divided loyalties just created too much inner turmoil for her, so, strong woman that she is, she decided to sit this one out. 

I was going to comment that Whoopie didn't even mention Meghan not being there, and then at the end of the show she did, saying "she forgot" to mention it, but why do it at that point?  As Whoopie said, it was obvious.  The reason just has to be that Meghan called in and told them to have Whoopie do that.

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Ooh, no Meghan today.  What a nice surprise.

She was intimidated by the idea of Jon Stewart and his skill at putting people in their place.

Also, Meghan would not know how to deal with the supreme court decision on abortion. 

55 minutes ago, OnTime said:

They won an Emmy????

I think having multiple categories and multiple awards, along with only a handful of shows, means everyone gets something. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Also, Meghan would not know how to deal with the supreme court decision on abortion. 

Roberts followed precedent. Isn't that what Meghan and her tribe want? They are always the ones decrying judicial activism. Except of course when it's in their favor.

• Love 12

Whoopi is wrong. It is new, horrible, probably treasonous that US Intelligence briefed Trump that Russia offered bounties to the Taliban to kill US troops and he did nothing. This is not the same old stuff. Joy tried to explain how significant this is and Whoopi just blew her off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, lusinia said:

Ooh, no Meghan today.  What a nice surprise.

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Is she shopping for a crib?

3 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

....then why is she stressing out about buying a crib when she still has plenty of time to get it?

😂 I love this forum. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

The fact that there is a bounty on our troops heads and the commander in chief has done nothing to protect them is just so vile and treasonous.  Whoopie just does not get it and Joy was trying hard to explain it to her but she just dismissed her with her know it all attitude.

I miss Ana and I did not miss that harridan who cannot get a crib..

John Stewart is just a national treasure and I miss his voice on television. He had the ability to have fans of all political stripes and that is what made him so influential and powerful in my opinion..

• Love 20

I only saw the first half of the show, it was cut off for a special report on violence in Chicago. Since the news comes on after the show anyway, the special report could have waited, in my opinion.

• Love 6

I'm not sure why MeAgain is making such a big deal over the crib. Doesn't she have access to the crib her daddy slept in when he was an infant and dreamed of being President ?  I'm sure Grammy McCain has it stashed away for her, from 1936.

Or maybe the next "View Your Deal' should have cribs at half price. That'll keep her quiet.

But then she'll whine that she doesn't have a changing table...

• LOL 16
(edited)
8 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I'm not sure why MeAgain is making such a big deal over the crib. Doesn't she have access to the crib her daddy slept in when he was an infant and dreamed of being President ?  I'm sure Grammy McCain has it stashed away for her, from 1936.

Or maybe the next "View Your Deal' should have cribs at half price. That'll keep her quiet.

But then she'll whine that she doesn't have a changing table...

A crib is not the first necessity - that would be a car seat to take the tyke home from the hospital.  Unless she's planning a home birth. 

Edited by KayVeeTeeVee
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

A crib is not the first necessity - that would be a car seat to take the tyke home from the hospital.  Unless she's planning a home birth. 

I think she's planning on going "semi-pioneer woman"  with the birth. Have the kid in the hospital, then strap it to her back and hike home. Just like her dad would want her to do.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3

MeeGhan just stated that Jill Biden is a bigger person than she is(DAH), because Jill said that you don’t hold grudges in politics.  After she mentioned that her DAD, did you know her Dad is John McCain?, regretted to the day he died, not picking Joe Lieberman to be his VP.  Take that, Sarah Palin! Me, me, me!  

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

Meghan - "I have six things to say, so bear with me".

Smart Meghan - "Me and my husband".  Actually. wouldn't a gun range have built-in social distancing?

She watched 40 different clips of this incident?  You'd think it was the crime of the century.

After saying the "majority" of protestors has been extremely peaceful, Meghan quickly changed it to "some".

Meghan seems short of breath this morning.

Was this thing with the gun-wielding couple worth an entire 13 minute segment?  

If I didn't know that she's been staying at home, I would think that Sunny had lip injections or fillers of some kind in the last 24 hours.  When she's not talking it looks like she's pursing them, and the right side of her upper lip looks odd.  Maybe she used one of those plumping lip glosses, and it worked unevenly.  I tried one of those years ago, and it burned, which I could feel for a while, even after wiping it off right away.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Did Whoopi repeatedly call Jill “Joe?”  At least she didn’t ask her about medicine.

Meg's six things to talk about. For as long as she went on it seemed like more than six. I lost count.  Yes, Meg, Jill is a better person than you are. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Triviatrish2 said:

MeeGhan just stated that Jill Biden is a bigger person than she is(DAH), because Jill said that you don’t hold grudges in politics.  After she mentioned that her DAD, did you know her Dad is John McCain?, regretted to the day he died, not picking Joe Lieberman to be his VP.  Take that, Sarah Palin! Me, me, me!  

Anyone else furious by MeeGhan's disrespect.  Hahaha.  Of course there are.  I'm 73 and I would still address the guest as Dr. Biden.  The princess of Arizona kept calling her Jill.  Made me nuts!

• Love 11
(edited)

Sunny's memoir is coming out later this year. So she had 2 books coming out this year. Though her fiction novel release date got pushed back to next year because covid. Where is your audiobook, Meghun? Spring 2020 passed already.

Edited by falltime
Autocorrect
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

Missy:  I have 6 things to say.

Joy ( and me): Big Sigh.

Welcome to the MeAgain show!

And  Dr. Jill, when was the last time you saw any kid play kick the can?  You better update your rhetoric a bit.  But she would make an excellent First Lady.  I would love to write something about the current but I just got out of Forum Lockdown. 😳

• Love 14
1 hour ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Anyone else furious by MeeGhan's disrespect.  Hahaha.  Of course there are.  I'm 73 and I would still address the guest as Dr. Biden.  The princess of Arizona kept calling her Jill.  Made me nuts!

Yes!  Show some freakin' respect! 

• Love 5
(edited)

Did Whoopi forget Carl Reiner's name or was she verklempt?  She was in a 1987 TV Special with him - "Carol, Carl, Whoopi and Robin"

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3

Whoopi was verklempt.

MeAgain had six things to say, but I think she basically repeated the two points she was making over and over again.

She did say something blunt about Trump today, I cannot remember the word she used but it was pretty strong, something like "disgusting"

Here's a recap of the bit about guns and the suburbs.  Turns out this wasn't even in the burbs.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/the-views-meghan-mccain-says-defund-the-police-slogan-is-breeding-hysteria-and-the-gun-waving-st-louis-couple-proves-that/

• Love 5
4 hours ago, lusinia said:

Meghan - "I have six things to say, so bear with me".

Smart Meghan - "Me and my husband".  Actually. wouldn't a gun range have built-in social distancing?

She watched 40 different clips of this incident?  You'd think it was the crime of the century.

After saying the "majority" of protestors has been extremely peaceful, Meghan quickly changed it to "some".

Meghan seems short of breath this morning.

Was this thing with the gun-wielding couple worth an entire 13 minute segment?  

If I didn't know that she's been staying at home, I would think that Sunny had lip injections or fillers of some kind in the last 24 hours.  When she's not talking it looks like she's pursing them, and the right side of her upper lip looks odd.  Maybe she used one of those plumping lip glosses, and it worked unevenly.  I tried one of those years ago, and it burned, which I could feel for a while, even after wiping it off right away.

At least MM had something reasonable to say about the gun toting folks...and I’d you’re really afraid of the mob, why aren’t you ataying in your house?  No one really mentioned that.  So sunny is either pursing her lips constantly, or she had something done.  

• Love 4