Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: Something's Brewing

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Victoria Winters said:

Born and raised in Chicago...Its a big huslting bustling city but people are different here.Its still the midwest and people tend to be less likely to want the spotlight on them.There have been rumors from Bravo and Andy for years that they have tried to open a RH of Chicago with no takers. And way back when Kimberly Bryant from RHOC season 1 moved to Chicago and came back for the big season ending party she was totally toned down in her apearance.  Im not sure if Scott is from Chicago originally but he has been based here for a few years at least. He my have picked up the Chicago vibe. 

I loved when Giuliana and Bill filmed in Chicago, before the baby stuff and the red carpet debacle! I worked in Chicago a ton 2005-2007. It was a fun time.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

Having said that, Tinsley looks miserable in that photo with Scott and their body language is awkward

I saw another snapshot from the same step-and-repeat (I think it was Page Six or People) where she has a big smile.  She was probably doing a bunch of different poses.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Wicked said:

My guess would be that Tinsley left the show because she was sick of the constant harassment from Dorinda, and to a lesser extent from the other HWs as well.

Right? I don’t blame Tinsley at all for leaving what gradually became a very toxic work environment. Who would ever choose to work around coworkers who are that dismissive and disrespectful? 
At least RH has been very good for her otherwise these past 4 seasons: she got to revisit her Manhattan IT Girl past and redeem her image, she got some new sponsorship deals and work contacts, made some new friends and fans, and it’s where she met her future husband!

I’d say Tinsley is clearly the biggest winner here, even if she did end up leaving the show before she’d originally expected; at least she left on her own terms, right? 

• Love 17
(edited)
8 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Personally, I don't find either of them that attractive

Cosign, least of all Leah.  I think her face looks overworked, though I have no idea what she may have looked like prior.

Found an undated pic of her with her then husband.  Yeah, she's been reconfigured.  NOT that there's anything wrong with that.

Leah McSweeney.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I read it in People Magazine. I would think if what People published was a lie, they would have been all over it. I wouldn’t exactly trust Reality Tea ️ 

ETA: So the Reality Tea article published denial sources from People, 2 days after the People ultimatum article. I stand corrected. Mea culpa.

It's all smoke and mirrors however. She says she's 'honoring her commitments in New York' but the fact is, she stopped filming and did not go on the cast trip to Mexico. If you stop filming, there isn't any other definition except that you quit. It will be interesting to see how production and the editing department handle her absence. The bottom line is Scott came between her and the show and he was vocal about it. And that's not cool. Why couldn't he just let her finish and do her thing. He couldn't wait until Christmas to pop the question? 5 weeks passes in the blink of an eye.

ETA: I give up. I just don't think he's the guy for her. I’m done now.

https://people.com/tv/rhony-tinsley-mortimer-sobs-over-relationship-with-controlling-boyfriend/

The People magazine of 2020 is just like any other gossip rag out there.  This “unnamed source” could be spouting an out-and-out lie; hell it very well may be Dorinda trying to “get back” at Tinsley for... well, lord only knows. Being younger? Existing? From what we’ve seen of her this season, I’d say that her unhealthy obsession with tearing down Tinsley (and Scott) knows no bounds! 

In any case, not sure if you read the link I posted. Whether or not anyone thinks it’s a reputable source of information— it has a direct quote from Tinsley herself.  Something that the People article is lacking. 

And even if he DID say “the show or me” and she chose him... who the hell could blame her?? These women are so rude, dismissive and just outright bitchy to her, it was probably an easy choice. She’s got *nothing* to prove to them (or the viewers). 

• Love 17

Why would anyone choose this shit show over love, marriage and the possibility of starting a family?

That’s not controlling. That’s just plain common sense.

Dealing with Dorinda or having a family?

Even a brainless twit can figure that one out.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

It's him that I don't like. I do not think she chose wisely.

Fair enough but it is up to her. He can’t be any worse than Luann’s Tom or the drug addict guy that Bethenny was involved with last season.

Tinsley chose the possibility of love and fulfillment over this horror show. I wish them well.

• Love 16

I find it so odd that Sonja and Ramona have brushed off Leah's behavior a couple of times now by stating that she's "young."  Yes, Leah is younger than some of the other cast members and, hey, I'm around her age, and I'm thrilled if that qualifies me as "young."  (I work with college kids, so I feel old constantly.)  But she's 37, runs a business, and has a preteen daughter.  She's not exactly a wide-eyed NYU freshman experiencing life for the first time.  

• Love 12
6 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

The bottom line is Scott came between her and the show and he was vocal about it. And that's not cool. Why couldn't he just let her finish and do her thing. He couldn't wait until Christmas to pop the question? 5 weeks passes in the blink of an eye.

Maybe she wanted out and it was just easier to put that on Scott.  We know that she doesn't do confrontation very well, so this might've been the easiest way to handle her departure.  If Scott did give her an ultimatum, he probably did her a favor by getting her out of this shit show.  This franchise doesn't usually do couples any favors.  

• Love 10
On 6/4/2020 at 9:26 PM, Chicklet said:

"You have to have a certain demeanor to hang out with us" ?? What does that word even mean to you Ramona. Surely not anything resembling manners or using indoor voices. Or not getting wildly drunk or shouting in restaurants.

I guess they stuck Ramona with the bill, serves her right.

I'm frankly shocked that she correctly used the word "demeanor" in that sentence and not "diameter" or something...

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
On 6/4/2020 at 10:00 PM, Legalbeagle421 said:

Aww, I feel bad for Tinsley. It is very clear that the relationship was on/off and she did not want to get her hopes up/share it because she knew it would end. I don't know why that's so hard for Dorinda to understand, but she's annoying. 

Oh man, and then Dorinda's weird ultimatum, "Either you tell them, or I will."

WHAT?

WHO. THE. FUCK. CARES???

• Love 18
On 6/4/2020 at 10:23 PM, Rambunctiouscurls said:

I think I have said this before but it bears  repeating, Rhony is a breath of fresh air compared to Rhobh. I swear my blood pressure rises astronomically after that one. I can't be mad at Ramona and Sonja's silly antics. They are actually, dare I say, the FUN drunks. Leah is the opposite. I too need her replaced with Elyse who fits in better and is much classier.

Well, I have to say that I gave up on Beverly Hills after several seasons of gaslighting members they no longer wanted to deal with and that awful sister Kyle is stuck with.   However I'm getting close to bailing on this one too - and this is my last RH franchise, pretty much.  I can't deal with the holier than thou temperments of these washed up women who really have nothing in their lives other than this show.  Seriously - they got nothin'.  How's this supposed to be entertaining?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
31 minutes ago, ladle said:

Oh man, and then Dorinda's weird ultimatum, "Either you tell them, or I will."

WHAT?

WHO. THE. FUCK. CARES???

And then it was hysterical when Tinsley was equally bewildered that she made that and than had no problem addressing it and all the other women didn’t care/supportive. I still don’t know what Dorinda’s intent was in issuing that ultimatum.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
On 6/4/2020 at 10:49 PM, Rambunctiouscurls said:

Exactly. I was flummoxed as to why she chose Bethenny to marry who was downright abusive to her.

I wondered about this too, and I hope Andy asks her about it at the reunion!  The only thing I can think of is... consider the other two options?  I'd choose Bethenny too, and I get why it's the "classic" response (though I'd like to know more about this guy's data collection techniques...).  I don't like any of these women, but it would be annoying as fuck to be married to either Sonja or Ramona.  Bethenny would be annoying too, but at least she has her financial house in order, and she'd likely be away a lot for work.  And she was supposedly there for Luann in one of her lowest moments, even if she ruined that by crowing about it after the fact on national TV.  *Shrug*  Just saying.  I can sort of see it. 

• Love 6
On 6/5/2020 at 8:23 AM, Lizzing said:

There's always time for bathroom breaks, dick hunting, or drink-getting, but specials may run out. 

God, this is so true.  I want this knitted on a little pillow. 

• LOL 4

Sometimes I wonder if John secretly likes Tinsley and that’s why Dorinda wants to watch her lol. They love to drink on this show lol. Leah’s sister sounds just like her,Sonja was being so childish with Leah’s sister lol calling her a demon lol. 

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

She rents a condo for the season 😬

I looked it up because I’m small like that.  She has a tiny little condominium in Newport she bought in 2006, probably worth about $200,000 at the time.  She also mortgaged it at one point.  

• Useful 4
On 6/4/2020 at 7:42 PM, ichbin said:

I think my favorite thing this episode (aside from sweater guy) was Leah overestimating the power she and her sister would hold over men.  I loved that guy for a brief moment when he got up and left.

This stupid show is like watching a hockey game, with four teams on the ice! I couldn't keep up with whats going on, who's going where, who's doing what, and the loud din coming from these women.

Confused about this scene. So Leah and sister go the bar to show up the old drunks by taking the attention away from the two guys? Question is, why did the Arkansas guy get pissy with Leah and walk off? What did he say to her and why? 

I vote subtitles.

• Love 1
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I looked it up because I’m small like that.  She has a tiny little condominium in Newport she bought in 2006, probably worth about $200,000 at the time.  She also mortgaged it at one point.  

Didn’t she sell that in 2016 tho? I thought, or at least the tax resource I’m looking at said she sold. Who knows. Maybe she refinanced or paid it off in 2016 and that’s what I see.

💡perhaps she paid it off after the husband / Tinsley’s father passed in 2015.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

This stupid show is like watching a hockey game, with four teams on the ice! I couldn't keep up with whats going on, who's going where, who's doing what, and the loud din coming from these women.

Confused about this scene. So Leah and sister go the bar to show up the old drunks by taking the attention away from the two guys? Question is, why did the Arkansas guy get pissy with Leah and walk off? What did he say to her and why? 

I vote subtitles.

He said they (Ramonja and Lu) were their (Leah & sister) problem.

Maybe (?) because:

He thought telling Ramonja that he was engaged would get rid of them, but it only attracted Luann into the mix.

Tinsdale had already, ineffectively, tried to wrangle the ladies away, and had approached him and told him HE should stop talking to THEM so that she could get them to the table.

Leah and her sister approach him (with the intent to lure and distract him) and start with the "We're trying to get the ladies back to the table, could you stop talking to them" stuff.

I think, like someone hypothesized before, he was just minding his business, trying to enjoy an adult beverage when the Real Desperate Housewives of NYC descended on him. When they wouldn't go away, their friends came and, more or less, accused him of asked him to stop encouraging them so they could return to their party. Twice. I think he had enough. I would have.

• Love 9
On 6/6/2020 at 12:09 AM, sasha206 said:

The work Ramona has done looks pretty damn good for 63.

If everyone here on this board had their hair and makeup done like all of them, they would look pretty good too.  Here’s a flash for everyone.  Before the virus,  my son, who works in the city, passed Romana on the sidewalk in the morning on 77 th street walking her dog.  He said she looked horrible .. no makeup, hair all ascrew, and face full of Botox or whatever.  He’s seen me watching her on t.v many times and said she looked much older than on t.v.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I have no problem with someone issuing an "ultimatum" when my significant other is on a reality show. If she's on it, he will always be tied to it.

I also don't have a problem with her issuing an ultimatum, either - either shit or get off the pot. I want to get married and have kids now and if you don't, I need to find someone else who does.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Why would anyone choose this shit show over love, marriage and the possibility of starting a family?

That’s not controlling. That’s just plain common sense.

Dealing with Dorinda or having a family?

Even a brainless twit can figure that one out.

Why would they is right.  Dorinda especially, is jealous of Tinsley.  She wants to be married again.  She’s lost without a partner.  Sure, flirting and bantering in a bar is fun, but wasn’t it Ramona who was crying and saying “I just want someone to hold me, love me, and hug me”.  She wishes she could have someone in her life again.  After awhile, drinking and flirting in a bar gets stale.  You go Tinsley.  You are getting nowhere with this bunch who are pretending they are having such a good time.  Scott is not controlling .. he has Tinsleys best interest at heart.  The rest are miserable and crying .. Dorinda, Sonja, Ramona.  They don’t want to be alone.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

If everyone here on this board had their hair and makeup done like all of them, they would look pretty good too.  Here’s a flash for everyone.  Before the virus,  my son, who works in the city, passed Romana on the sidewalk in the morning on 77 th street walking her dog.  He said she looked horrible .. no makeup, hair all ascrew, and face full of Botox or whatever.  He’s seen me watching her on t.v many times and said she looked much older than on t.v.

Yeah, I mean NOW she looks like she's had too much work.  But in my view, she was well into her 50s and looked amazing during the reunions.  It was when Mario and her divorced and she got the boobs that she went downhill.

• Love 4
(edited)
22 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Cosign, least of all Leah.  I think her face looks overworked, though I have no idea what she may have looked like prior.

Found an undated pic of her with her then husband.  Yeah, she's been reconfigured.  NOT that there's anything wrong with that.

Leah McSweeney.jpg

Yep!  As I said in my posts about Ramona and Lu, they have had work done, but they looked relatively untouched for a long time when they were her age.  Leah looks better with the work done and she may look fantastic at Ramona's age.  But she's already had work done at a young age.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Didn’t she sell that in 2016 tho? I thought, or at least the tax resource I’m looking at said she sold. Who knows. Maybe she refinanced or paid it off in 2016 and that’s what I see.

💡perhaps she paid it off after the husband / Tinsley’s father passed in 2015.

It was transferred into a holding company.  She still owns it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Yeah, I mean NOW she looks like she's had too much work.  But in my view, she was well into her 50s and looked amazing during the reunions.  It was when Mario and her divorced and she got the boobs that she went downhill.

In my view, she had work done before 50.  Most of them do.  Leah looks like she’s had things done and she’s only 37.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

In my view, she had work done before 50.  Most of them do.  Leah looks like she’s had things done and she’s only 37.

Oh I'm sure.  I think Ramona and Lu did it right though -- it's only been the last couple of years when it became very noticeable.

Lu still looks good, but I think the fillers are making her look masculine.  Just a few years ago...

dish-092013-luann-de-lesseps-jacques-bre

Now the masculine look with fillers

luann-de-lesseps-plastic-surgery.jpg?res

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

What's football face? That's a new one.

When women (and men too) get so much Botox and Restylane that their face morphs into the form of a football. Ashley Judd is a good example, and she's only 52. Linda Thompson has it pretty good, but she's 70 and I love Linda Thompson. Meg Ryan comes to mind, she's only 58.

• Love 2
On 6/8/2020 at 5:13 PM, ladle said:

I wondered about this too, and I hope Andy asks her about it at the reunion!  The only thing I can think of is... consider the other two options?  I'd choose Bethenny too, and I get why it's the "classic" response (though I'd like to know more about this guy's data collection techniques...).  I don't like any of these women, but it would be annoying as fuck to be married to either Sonja or Ramona.  Bethenny would be annoying too, but at least she has her financial house in order, and she'd likely be away a lot for work.  And she was supposedly there for Luann in one of her lowest moments, even if she ruined that by crowing about it after the fact on national TV.  *Shrug*  Just saying.  I can sort of see it. 

It's all about the Benjamins.

• Love 3
On 6/8/2020 at 11:14 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Leah McSweeney.jpg

She was never married.  That’s her child’s father.  She does look weird there.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Lu still looks good, but I think the fillers are making her look masculine.  Just a few years ago...

dish-092013-luann-de-lesseps-jacques-bre

Now the masculine look with fillers

luann-de-lesseps-plastic-surgery.jpg?res

Her nose looks really fleshy in the bottom photo.  

The fillers are affecting her looks in a terrible way. But I also think she’s been wearing too much makeup. It was the worst in the episode where she was backstage, about to start her cabaret show. It was so heavy. She really looked masculine. I think without makeup, her features are much softer, and, therefore, she looks much more feminine.

• Love 5

Jesus Christ so what if Tinsley went to see Scott, what the fuck does it have to do with Dorinda???  Even if Dorinda knows for a fact the Tinsley and Scott are seeing each other, it’s none of her fucking business!!!  It literally doesn’t affect her life in anyway. Thank god John got out of that toxic relationship. He was treated like shit by everyone, especially Dorinda. 

Also, why does Dorinda keep defending Leah and saying she’s so young?  She’s 37 and has a 12 year old daughter. She said she let loose because she had spent the entire week with her daughter keeping it together. Umm, welcome to parenthood Leah.  I did feel badly for her sister, she left her seven month old baby in the hopes of having a relaxing kid free night but obviously that’s not happening with these psychos.

I think Leah and her sister look like twins.  The sister is prettier though.  I saw nothing wrong with Arkansas guy’s reaction to these dingbats.  I can see them being amusing at first but after a few minutes go away.

I loved Tinsley’s tea time outfit. Rock it girl. These bitches only wish they looked as good as she does. 

• Love 13
(edited)
On 6/7/2020 at 9:41 AM, nexxie said:

Leah joked about her mom having ptsd after dealing with all the stress of her disorder - but there’s a lot of truth in that. I remember reading about the effects of  narcissistic personality disorder on the family - that the person with npd usually sleeps well and ages well because they don’t have the concerns that give the rest of us sleepless nights and worry lines. Hearing from two friends about dealing with bipolar II disorder in their families, I know it’s also extremely taxing on body, mind and spirit.

My mother has NPD. I can confirm it's extremely difficult being raised by a parent with NPD. There are lifelong effects (at least in my experience). My therapist would probably agree LOL. 

I find Luann gorgeous but don't think she looks good in either of those photos, especially the bottom one. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 5

So this week we get 

Spoiler

Tinsley and Scoot's engagement and what looks like her decision to leave,

and then according to Sonja we go dark for the next two weeks.  Technically we're only halfway through the season, which blows my mind. It feels like it's been going on forever. IMDB says 20 episodes total. It will be very interesting to see what's in store for the second half and  

Spoiler

the degree to which 'Tinz's' presumed absence alters the dynamic.

I admit, although I like Tinsley's manners and most of her style, 

Spoiler

I will enjoy Tinsley-free episodes just like Summer House was better when Paige was hanging with Perry.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

My mother has NPD. I can confirm it's extremely difficult being raised by a parent with NPD.

Same.  My mother is a narcissist and it’s incredibly draining, even not that we hardly ever see each other. The little passive aggressive digs are always there.

I think Luann is a beautiful woman.  She’s probably had work done, but I think it looks natural.  Her skin is flawless.  I think Leah is pretty, but I was surprised when I read on here she was 37.  She looks older.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Lemons said:

She was never married.  That’s her child’s father.  She does look weird there.  

I’ll bet she would want to go back with the child’s Father.  Somehow, I feel he wouldn’t want to tho.

• Useful 1
On 6/10/2020 at 7:45 AM, mostlylurking said:

Jesus Christ so what if Tinsley went to see Scott, what the fuck does it have to do with Dorinda???  Even if Dorinda knows for a fact the Tinsley and Scott are seeing each other, it’s none of her fucking business!!!  It literally doesn’t affect her life in anyway. Thank god John got out of that toxic relationship. He was treated like shit by everyone, especially Dorinda. 

Also, why does Dorinda keep defending Leah and saying she’s so young?  She’s 37 and has a 12 year old daughter. She said she let loose because she had spent the entire week with her daughter keeping it together. Umm, welcome to parenthood Leah.  I did feel badly for her sister, she left her seven month old baby in the hopes of having a relaxing kid free night but obviously that’s not happening with these psychos.

Yes, who the fuck cares who Tins is seeing and who she isn't. 

I almost wonder if what Dorinda wants to prove is that Scott pays her rent and therefore, Tins isn't swimming in family money.  Maybe what Dorinda is thinking is:  she isn't paying for that hotel herself.  Scott is. So she MUST be still seeing him?

Whatever the case, it's fucking weird.

And I think what Dorinda really is saying about Leah is:  I need her to be drunk so I'm not the only drunk in the room. She didn't seem to like Leah until Leah got drunk. This is the woman telling Lu she can drink. 

• Love 3