Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: Something's Brewing

• Start Topic

Did anybody figure out why LuAnn lit the corn husk on fire?  She didn't seem drunk at the time.  That was such an odd scene to keep in for just 2 seconds.  

I was shocked that Dorinda managed to find her way out of the restaurant and then to a waiting car(?) to go back home.  I didn't think she had enough reasoning capability at that point to get from point A to point B safely.   

• Love 6
(edited)

The boys of Watch What Crappens noted in their podcast recap that Sonja rubs the hell out of her nose after her bathroom trip at dinner, like the cokehead (coke was no doubt paid for by John or Dorinda; they’re liquid, she isn’t) she is. Maybe that’s why she was such a stank ugly bitch during that scene. 

I’m old enough to remember when Sonja tried to expose Dorinda’s coke use with the air that she, Sonja, had never tried anything stronger than a latte. She’s a despicable hypocrite and so NOT nice. You KNOW she shat on lots of “little people,” or people in that nasty circle of “elites” who she perceived as less “important” than Morgan. I’m sure there are people Sonja’s burned who set their DVRs to see her there-is-no-bottom freefall. Good!

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 10
53 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Did anybody figure out why LuAnn lit the corn husk on fire?  She didn't seem drunk at the time.  That was such an odd scene to keep in for just 2 seconds.  

I think she thought she was cleansing the room of negative energy.  I think that's called "smudging." I don't think you can do it with a corn husk, but of course these people are idiots, so...

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

Yes that is correct. Normally smudging is done with sage but in New England there is a tradition of doing it with corn which we call maize.

In fact Luann’s great,great,great,great grandfather Squanto did it at the first Thanksgiving as John Alden famously suffered from uncontrollable flatulence.

• LOL 21
40 minutes ago, Steph J said:

I think she thought she was cleansing the room of negative energy.

She's going to need an entire cornfield if she wants to clear the negative energy around these ladies!!  🙂

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
(edited)
15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Luann looked untouched until 3 years ago?  Luann and Ramona have completely different faces than they used to.  Plastic surgery has become so mainstream now that we're supposed to ignore like 50% of it and pretend it isn't happening? 

The original point was that "Leah and Sarah could only wish to look like Ramona at 61".  I don't think they have to wish at all when they could just call the same surgeon.

I also do not hold "muppet" or "Kylie Jenner" as the too far standard.  A lot of these women passed too far a long time ago.

realhousewivesofnewyorkseason5galleryluannphotodiary04.jpg

LuAnn  looks pretty much the same to me.  Younger with baby fat and she had had her teeth fixed.  Maybe her nose was whittled down, but she still looks like LuAnn. I've seen photos of Ramona in her youth.  She looks like Ramona.   

You started out by saying "anyone would look good with that much work done."   There are plenty of women that just don't.  I think you have to be fairly attractive to begin with to look great.  Kylie really wasn't.  Now she's had her face reconstructed and, don't let her photoshopped pictures fool you, she looks like a muppet.  She does not look pretty.  So yes, she's young and looks like a muppet.

There are also the women like Courtney Cox. She had natural beauty then she fucked it up with plastic surgery.

I think Ramona and Lu are overdoing the fillers now yes.  To me, it's making Lu look masculine.  Her nose looks about the same now that it does in the nursing photo.

But I still think Ramona and Lu looked great for a long time.     

I think Leah and her sister are both very attractive.  They could very well look incredible at Ramona's age.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I don’t know....Scott has money but I don’t think he’s any great prize. There’s something about him that I just don’t like. I don’t think they are going to make it all the way down the aisle tbh. 

ETA: I think he’s kind of gross. His jeans look like he’d been wearing them for a month before accompanying Tinsley to her Big Apple Circus event. And the toes of his shoes are completely scuffed through. Unpolished shoes are a huge turnoff for me (my dad taught all of us to take care of our shoes and keep them polished). Plus Tinsley...Kluth just doesn’t have the same ring to it. I know that’s shallow. But she can’t very well keep Mortimer if she’s marrying someone else. Unless she goes back to Mercer which I could see happening.

F38A0087-FE84-4250-8A69-664D7F23003E.jpeg

He looks like he's lost weight in this photo.

Nevertheless, if this guy was a government worker, Tins would not have been falling on the floor for him.  

• Love 10

This episode was awful. These women are not entertaining and I’m embarrassed by just being a viewer, but then again I keep watching. 

1. Dorinda just wanting to pass out fall asleep to Ghost Hunters.

2. Ramona and Sonja harassing men at the bar who were not clearly interested (just annoying)

3. They went there to eat a meal together - so disrespectful to the whole restaurant staff, other patrons and us viewers.

4. Leah thinking she was hot stuff and was barely noticed by the men - just too funny.

I appreciate everyone’s opinion and perspective on this forum even if they differ than mine. 

• Love 18
On 6/4/2020 at 10:51 PM, Rahul said:

I used to look forward to RHoNY every week but I've been hard pressed to derive even a modicum of entertainment from this bunch this season. These drunken antics are tired and stale.

I am not enjoying one minute of this.  They are a pack of rabid dancing monkeys.

Dorinda’s inferiority complex and white hot jealousy coupled with her alcoholism are painful to watch, the others are just so jaded by now and Leah is the kind of woman who gives us all a bad name.  I guess Elysee is there to provide the puerile sexual comments Bethenny used to throw around?

Such a disappointment to have such a lousy, repetitive season when we really need some diversion.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Don't you think, if Ramona had pooped herself, that Bravo would have shown us evidence? They showed us the brown on Lu's mattress, and the trail Ramona left behind in Cartagena, and they showed the pee stains when Vicki leaked on Tamra's bed. They usually are right on top of things when a HW totally embarasses herself; tho we didn't see Lu actually fall into the bushes, the foot waving in the air was close enough, and think of all the montages of Vicki tripping and falling. I don't think they'd have let Ramona get away with it. 

Yes, I'm not buying it.  Ramona is not so tone deaf as to not realize the horrid odor that would have resulted if it were true.  She would have high tailed it out of there.  Even Ramona.

• Love 11
On 6/5/2020 at 8:42 AM, Victoria Winters said:

Bravo was showing re-runs of Million dollar matchmaker yesterday and lo and behold ...there is Leah as the millionairess.. she was criticized for her masculine energy...ended up with a tatood edgy guy.  This was filmed awhile ago she mentioned her daughter being around 4.

So interesting.  She struck me as such a fame whore and I was put off by how her parents were hamming up for the camera and how she kept pushing her sister.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

She's going to need an entire cornfield if she wants to clear the negative energy around these ladies!!  🙂

Maybe their next dinner should be in Nebraska.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
On 6/5/2020 at 10:02 AM, Mar said:

That whole scene in the bar/restaurant seemed completely staged and fake and done for the camera. Also, the editing at the dinner table Was ridiculous. One moment the small tables behind the women were empty, the next moment they were filled, the next moment they were empty, etc. That certainly indicates reshoot and retakes

Yes, I noticed the elderly woman sitting on the left side of the table behind them, then she's standing up and looking like she's about to leave, then she's being seated by the waiter and given a menu, then she's completely gone, and the guy with the white sweater is sitting in her place...before or after he was standing with a glass in his hand and a look of disbelief on his face. Normally, I don't catch continuity errors but this time I wanted to check out the reactions of the other diners because they seemed much more obvious than usual, such as the excitement from people at a table next to the stairs, and then the two women behind the RHONY table. 

On 6/5/2020 at 11:08 AM, marymary said:

Maybe it’s a Canadian thing? I use dude a lot too. Dude. 

I'm 56, live in the States and use "dude" all the time particularly when I'm driving, regardless of whether the other driver who is annoying me is male or female. Also, my primary descriptive terms are "cool" and "awesome"!

• Love 6
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Or Arkansas (Ramona might be interested to learn it is a state with actual people in it)

OMG.  This just gave me flashbacks to Vicki on RHOC!  Her daughter's husband was transferred to Oklahoma and Vicki bitched and bitched about no one living in Oklahoma and not even knowing what people in Oklahoma ate.  Sorry, OT!  If anyone was wondering, in Maryland, we eat crab and Old Bay.  Only crab and Old Bay.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 10
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

OMG.  This just gave me flashbacks to Vicki on RHOC!  Her daughter's husband was transferred to Oklahoma and Vicki bitched and bitched about no one living in Oklahoma and not even knowing what people in Oklahoma ate.  Sorry, OT!  If anyone was wondering, in Maryland, we eat crab and Old Bay.  Only crab and Old Bay.

I’m from New Mexico, and it is in fact, not a foreign country. The green chili is beyond awesome.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I love my fellow Marylanders!  And I'm probably a bad one b/c I only like my crabs in a crab cake.  My daughter is the picker!

• Love 7

I find the ageism in this show is a little hard to take.  But I also think that Sonja and Ramona are old enough to know better.  That said, Tinsley is an idiot.  She should have asked them if they wanted to stay at the bar, if they did, oh well.  There were other people at the table who wanted to have dinner.  You order dinner and say later for the ladies at the bar. 

I don't know what to say about a show that tries to make alcoholism look cute and funny.  It's neither cute or funny.  Alcohol is the third leading cause of death in the US.

They're all gross.

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Unlike Dorinda and everyone else, I could care less if Tinsley is dating Scott. She met Scott through Carole, who wants to play down their friendship, but at one point Carole was hopeful Adam and her would work, and she would do whatever he wanted to seem cool to him. Scott is an obsessed Kennedy collector/ historian, so he would have done anything to hang out with Carole. I think once Carole and Adam broke up, Carole lost interest in Tinsley, and then Scott lost interest in Tinsley.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Scott broke up with Tinsely to date Carole, and when that didn't work out, went back to Tinsley. All conjecture though.

I find people having a fascination with the Kennedy's odd. I mean, the various tragedies are of interest, but the patriarch of that family was a pig.  And the men were pigs.  I remember years ago on this board saying one of Carole's attributes that attract people to her is the fact that she married into that family.  That's probably not fair to her as she was intelligent, accomplished, well traveled, fun person.  But I'm sure the Kennedy mystique has helped her.

Edited by sasha206
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I love my fellow Marylanders!  And I'm probably a bad one b/c I only like my crabs in a crab cake.  My daughter is the picker!

Picking crabs is more social than eating, lol. I do love a crab cake too, we should have a Maryland Chapter of HW's crab cake club, I do solemnly promise to sit at the table and not embarrass myself trying to pick up a man that is not interested in me at all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Tinsley quit the show with 5 weeks left of filming because Scott issued an ultimatum. The show or him. Google box it. 

So she's basically engaged to her mother.

I'm with you on that.  Honor the contract you signed.  That fucking guy can wait.  I bet HE doesn't quit a job early.  And he wouldn't for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Picking crabs is more social than eating, lol. I do love a crab cake too, we should have a Maryland Chapter of HW's crab cake club, I do solemnly promise to sit at the table and not embarrass myself trying to pick up a man that is not interested in me at all.

OMG I love this idea!

• Love 3

Are crab fries, French fries with Old Bay?  Because those are insanely good.  And now I want a crab cake sandwich with those fries.

I bet the seafood is fabulous in Newport, but these ladies were too drunk to take advantage.  I did like that Dorinda had an alcohol-free event, they need to do those more often.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I was shocked that Dorinda managed to find her way out of the restaurant and then to a waiting car(?) to go back home.  I didn't think she had enough reasoning capability at that point to get from point A to point B safely.   

It's a Native American thing called smudging. They do it to clear out the energy. The corn husk wasn't sage, but I get what Luann was doing. Luanne is Native American. If it was Dorinda, I'd say it was attempted arson.

https://www.aromaweb.com/aromatherapyspirituality/nativeamericansmudgingrituals.asp

Edited by bravofan27
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

They do it to clear out the energy. The corn husk wasn't sage, but I get what Luann was doing. Luanne is Native American. If it was Dorinda, I'd say it was attempted arson.

No matter who you are lighting the decor of a restaurant on fire is usually frowned upon by the establishment.

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
(edited)

Leah joked about her mom having ptsd after dealing with all the stress of her disorder - but there’s a lot of truth in that. I remember reading about the effects of  narcissistic personality disorder on the family - that the person with npd usually sleeps well and ages well because they don’t have the concerns that give the rest of us sleepless nights and worry lines. Hearing from two friends about dealing with bipolar II disorder in their families, I know it’s also extremely taxing on body, mind and spirit.

Edited by nexxie
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

She shouldn’t have to pursue anyone if she’s educated, pretty, polished and has her own financial resources. But yet she’s been after this guy who seems to want to control her in the form of issuing an ultimatum. The show (her job) or him. Oh hell no. 

In her talking heads I feel like she’s trying too hard to convince us that Scott is the one. I just don’t think he is. I’ve never been impressed by anything about that guy, especially breaking up with her, seemingly more than once. 

ETA: Guys who go through cycles of breaking up and making up like that are typically textbook narcissists. They build you up with flattery and grand gestures and then devalue and discard you, all in the name of control. Lather, rinse, repeat.  

But you’re right, he does have something that Tinsley likes. Money. Lots of it. And the Coupon Cabin jet. 

On point. Given's Tinsley's history as a southern socialite and NYC IT girl, the relationship with Scott makes zero sense.

I believe Tinsley and her mother are hard up for cash, and Scott is somehow the best than Tinsley can do. I've wondered why another man hasn't been interested in Tinsley, and I think her drunken angry antics with the last boyfriend scared men away.

Also I think her relationship with Scott may be transactional, even as she pretends she's madly in love. I suspect Dale has been advising Tinsley on negotiating a prenup with lucrative settlement, and Scott has balked at the terms. Happens all of the time.

Dale may "own a house in Newport," but that's not the same as being liquid.

I haven't watched much of this season, but I used to think of RHONY as a bit more dignified and elegant than the other series. They are down in the gutter with RHOC, BH and Atlanta now.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I haven't watched much of this season, but I used to think of RHONY as a bit more dignified and elegant than the other series. They are down in the gutter with RHOC, BH and Atlanta now.

I’ve only ever watched  NY, BH an OC, but they’ve all descended into the same drunken curse filled brawls now and it’s hard to differentiate one version from another. They all cling to ridiculous superficial issues and drag the stupid arguments out over a whole season. And I’m thinking there’s a lot more production manipulation too than years ago.

The one difference, tho, that I can see, is that the NY housewives seem more willing to be filmed waking up in cold light of mornings without makeup.  

• Love 9

I haven't made it through all the pages of comments yet, and just got to watch this morning, so forgive me if I am repeating here.  But 2 things for me stand out:

First, I have no problem with the age of the women flirting.  To me, it's just the rudeness that is shown to the other women.  It's constant with Romana.   Her level of self importance is disgusting.   She can't go into a restaurant without working a room.   She can't host guests in her home without leaving to attend a more "important" party.  She thinks herself quite the Socialite.

Second, I am not trying to defend Dorinda, but to me it seems her annoyance is with the fact that Tinsley signed up to be on a reality show yet she is trying to have 2 separate lives.  A gross, emotionally stunted, Barbie Doll behavior life and a separate personal/private one.  It's not what she signed up to do.  If Scott doesn't want to have a relationship on the show, and she wants a relationship with him, she needs to leave the show.    Yes, the girls found out about John from page 6, but Dorinda hasn't kept quiet about it.

• Love 5

Remember when Ramona refused to talk about her divorce? When LuAnn wouldn’t talk about hers? Why does Tinsley have to tell them everything about HER relationship?

Also, Elyse reminds me of Carole in her first season, observing the natives as a good anthropologist would...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
23 minutes ago, Marcya23 said:

Second, I am not trying to defend Dorinda, but to me it seems her annoyance is with the fact that Tinsley signed up to be on a reality show yet she is trying to have 2 separate lives. 

I don't believe that the castmembers of any of these franchises provide 100% of their intimate personal information.  Whether it's spouses, children, jobs, or the like.  It doesn't seem to me that it is Dorinda's obligation to see that Tinsley divulges information.  If the folks issuing her paycheck don't like how it's being handled, then it is up to them to address.  Stay in your lane Dorinda.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Marcya23 said:

Tinsley signed up to be on a reality show yet she is trying to have 2 separate lives.

Not a single one of the housewives displays every  aspect of their lives that is not brought to light on the show.

Let someone question Sonja about her offensive comments about trans models, and being kicked out of a gay bar after announcing "I love my gays". 

Someone please question Dorinda about what the hell is really going on with John. Her story keeps changing. And why did the women have to find out about John from Page Six and not Dorinda?

How about Luann's relationship with her kids after she shadily tried to scam them out of a house? Can one of the other housewives address that?

Leah?  She quit drinking and yet she's a drunken mess. Talk about two separate lives. 

Bethenny was dating Paul while filming, but did we ever see him or hear him? He was just hinted at. Why did no one insist that he be introduced?

They all sign up for a reality show, but every single one of them has something that they don't want called attention to so that people can pick it apart.

If we are going to mention it all, then mention IT ALL!

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Marcya23 said:

First, I have no problem with the age of the women flirting.  To me, it's just the rudeness that is shown to the other women.  It's constant with Romana.   Her level of self importance is disgusting.   She can't go into a restaurant without working a room.   She can't host guests in her home without leaving to attend a more "important" party.  She thinks herself quite the Socialite.

Oh my god, yes. Key word: self-Importance. Hers is off the chart, in the stratosphere, and it is the main reason I simply cannot tolerate her.

• Love 6
On 6/5/2020 at 10:08 AM, Silver Bells said:

Plus, the Countess is looking her age lately. 

If Luann is looking old, I would love to look that “old!” I think she is the most attractive “older” HW. (Would probably pick Porsha, Monique or Ashley (Potomac) for younger women.) 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Let someone question Sonja about her offensive comments about trans models, and being kicked out of a gay bar after announcing "I love my gays".

Oh please please let that be brought up at the reunion!!

• Love 6

Is the singular of "ravioli" even ravioli?  Shouldn't it be "I threw a raviolo" or something? 

These are the things that go through my head. 

(Also, Tinsley once made out with her own sister "as a joke"?  Um.)  

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/6/2020 at 1:24 PM, RedDelicious said:

Tinsley quit the show with 5 weeks left of filming because Scott issued an ultimatum. The show or him. Google box it. 

Until Tinsley or Scott (or maybe Dale lol) come out and explicitly say they she quit the show because of an ultimatum, it’s all just rumors, gossip and speculation. As of now, Tinsley has denied anything about an ultimatum: 

https://www.realitytea.com/2019/12/13/tinsley-mortimer-denies-rumors-scott-kluth-made-her-quit-real-housewives-of-new-york/

On 6/6/2020 at 4:34 PM, ChitChat said:

She was pretending to “sage” the booth.

11 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

If Luann is looking old, I would love to look that “old!” I think she is the most attractive “older” HW. (Would probably pick Porsha, Monique or Ashley (Potomac) for younger women.) 

Right?! I do agree she looked a bit off (puffier? Maybe weight gain or alcohol bloat?) throughout the seasons where the Tom debacle was consuming her. But damn she looks better than ever this season. I liked her shorter hair in the earlier seasons but hair now looks good a bit longer! 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 10

Born and raised in Chicago...Its a big huslting bustling city but people are different here.Its still the midwest and people tend to be less likely to want the spotlight on them.There have been rumors from Bravo and Andy for years that they have tried to open a RH of Chicago with no takers. And way back when Kimberly Bryant from RHOC season 1 moved to Chicago and came back for the big season ending party she was totally toned down in her apearance.  Im not sure if Scott is from Chicago originally but he has been based here for a few years at least. He my have picked up the Chicago vibe. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

My guess would be that Tinsley left the show because she was sick of the constant harassment from Dorinda, and to a lesser extent from the other HWs as well.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, Wicked said:

My guess would be that Tinsley left the show because she was sick of the constant harassment from Dorinda, and to a lesser extent from the other HWs as well.

If I had to choose between the person I loved and these beyotches, the choice would be simple! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
On 6/6/2020 at 9:43 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

We haven’t really seen a lot of Scott to know him one way or another. Maybe he is very ambivalent because Tinsley is in this shit show. Now that she has quit they are engaged and can get married and live happily ever after.

I wouldn’t put such a mercenary motive on Tinsley and ascribe such a base calculation on her actions. 

I agree. I can also understand why Scott wouldn't want anything to do with the show. I know he started out appearing on it occasionally but the show seems to have gone downhill since then. Tinsley is also being treated badly by the women, so I can see why he wants nothing to do with any of it. 

Having said that, Tinsley looks miserable in that photo with Scott and their body language is awkward. 

Leah's sister's voice sounds so much like hers that I don't think I could tell them apart if I had my eyes closed. The bar brush-off was amusing. Personally, I don't find either of them that attractive, but maybe some of that is Leah's off-putting, drunken shenanigans. I haven't warmed to her. I don't find the sister's hairstyle flattering. 

I wonder if Tinsley got bullied in school. She has this vulnerability that often attracts bullies, as we can see with Dorinda. It saddens me. I do think she's better off not being on this show at all. I'm assuming she will not show for the reunion. It seems reunion appearances on these shows have become optional anyway. Several housewives have skipped them. 

Lu had probably had at least a few when she set the corn husk on fire. She may not have been slurring but her judgment was impaired. It struck me as something people do in the moment after they've had a few drinks. 

If Sonja and Ramona want to flirt, then fine. But they agreed to come to the dinner. They should've waited until after they'd eaten. Or at the very least, they could've started out at the table, ordered and then got up for a few minutes. Their behavior was rude and embarrassing. 

I'm glad they didn't show the poopy pants as I'd rather not see that! 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Until Tinsley or Scott (or maybe Dale lol) come out and explicitly say they she quit the show because of an ultimatum, it’s all just rumors, gossip and speculation. As of now, Tinsley has denied anything about an ultimatum: 

https://www.realitytea.com/2019/12/13/tinsley-mortimer-denies-rumors-scott-kluth-made-her-quit-real-housewives-of-new-york/

I read it in People Magazine. I would think if what People published was a lie, they would have been all over it. I wouldn’t exactly trust Reality Tea ️ 

ETA: So the Reality Tea article published denial sources from People, 2 days after the People ultimatum article. I stand corrected. Mea culpa.

It's all smoke and mirrors however. She says she's 'honoring her commitments in New York' but the fact is, she stopped filming and did not go on the cast trip to Mexico. If you stop filming, there isn't any other definition except that you quit. It will be interesting to see how production and the editing department handle her absence. The bottom line is Scott came between her and the show and he was vocal about it. And that's not cool. Why couldn't he just let her finish and do her thing. He couldn't wait until Christmas to pop the question? 5 weeks passes in the blink of an eye.

ETA: I give up. I just don't think he's the guy for her. I’m done now.

https://people.com/tv/rhony-tinsley-mortimer-sobs-over-relationship-with-controlling-boyfriend/

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 1