Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Couples Cam

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Can you expand on this?  I'm not sure I know what you mean.

The previews for next week. Ashley is having physical problems that may be related to the pregnancy based on what was shown.

8 hours ago, cardigirl said:

What are "boy" push-ups?  Push-ups are push-ups. If you are referring to doing a push-up with your knees down that is called a push-up for beginners.  The most important part of a push-up is form. *steps down off of soap box*  😉

I have always referred to them this way as that is what they were called when I was in PE  30 years ago. Apologies if I was being sexist. I guess I never advanced past “beginner push ups”......😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Racj82 said:

The previews for next week. Ashley is having physical problems that may be related to the pregnancy based on what was shown.

Thank you. I did see that but was hoping that she won't be suffering a miscarriage. I thought perhaps you had some other information besides that. Ashley and Anthony are so drama-free. I love that but I guess it doesn't matter make for riveting TV. I stumbled upon the tail end of their season, which got me hooked on MAFS.

• Love 1

So the DVR had it so I watched it, & of course cried with Danielle. That was a lovely monument Bobby gifted her, very thoughtful. I got a Cuddle Clone made of my 20 yo cat after she passed a few years ago, but had always wanted to do a memorial like that too. Now my 15yo cat was just diagnosed with cancer, & I don't know when things will get bad for him. Maybe I'll do something including both since they were close when the other was alive. 😢

I never could stand Jamie & Beth much & now not at all. Their dogs are still super cute though, & so well behaved.

Wonder if that puppy Jephte's brother had was one of Keke's litter. Laura's adorable. Shawniece looked happy w/o Jephte around LOL.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1

JamieO and Doug going to a family get together. Not a mask to be seen when they arrive. Also, there a bunch of germ factories (kids) running all over the place.

I...I can't. The order when things happened may be manipulated but in show, we just had a couple say they got covid-19 after a family visit and then you turn around and do the same thing.

My God! I just had to take my mom to the hospital last week because her foot has been swelling up and the last time it happened this bad, she lost most of one leg. And I still didn't hug her when I left her in the room or after picking her up. We both had masks and gloves on the whole time. I don't why this is so hard for so many people. Not saying I love it. But, I'm not treating this like a game. I have to work every day at fed ex in hot ass summer weather with these masks and gloves on. But, I do it. There is no other choice to me right now.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

JamieO and Doug going to a family get together. Not a mask to be seen when they arrive. Also, there a bunch of germ factories (kids) running all over the place.

I...I can't. The order when things happened may be manipulated but in show, we just had a couple say they got covid-19 after a family visit and then you turn around and do the same thing.

My God! I just had to take my mom to the hospital last week because her foot has been swelling up and the last time it happened this bad, she lost most of one leg. And I still didn't hug her when I left her in the room or after picking her up. We both had masks and gloves on the whole time. I don't why this is so hard for so many people. Not saying I love it. But, I'm not treating this like a game. I have to work every day at fed ex in hot ass summer weather with these masks and gloves on. But, I do it. There is no other choice to me right now.

So sorry to hear about your mom..... 😞 

I just can't believe this show and these people, WTF?  No attempt was made AT ALL to address the lack of social distancing or masks with either family get together on this episode.  I get it that upstate NY has had very few cases, especially in the less populated areas, and that Jamie and Doug probably have mostly been isolating, but still, they should have been taking some precautions.

Meanwhile clueless Beth is filming Jamie "feeling like death" in bed with no real fear in her voice.  Meanwhile I'm thinking, "At least call the FREAKING DOCTOR!!!"  If he was that bad wouldn't they be worried that he needed to be in a hospital?  Look, my father died of this illness, don't be that stupid or worse yet, make a mockery out of what could be your DEATH.  I don't care how old you are, you could DIE.  I know exactly how it goes - First you feel sick, then you feel like death, then either you get better or you just DIE.  Some people just die without any warning.  This is nothing to play with, but here they are acting like fools and idiots.  Of course I still wonder if they are exaggerating just for the camera.

I genuinely feel sorry for Ashley, though.  My heart goes out to her right now.  Hoping the baby continues to be fine.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

This is nothing to play with, but here they are acting like fools and idiots.

Jamie and Beth ARE fools and idiots. She says she is so sick yet her makeup is done.  Jamie "feeling like death" but he is able to drink the shot. The worst of it is when she puts the crystals on him to as a COVID cure.  I truly think it is all fake and non of them had COVID including Beth's mother.

Since this series was about quarantine during the pandemic, the producers were determined that there would be a COVID case and Jamie/Beth fit the bill. 

• Love 8

I still enjoy this show. COVID-19 is a polarizing event, as we've seen from the discussion on this board. I was even going to say that this episode was the first time I watched Jamie and Doug and enjoyed their story and my first thought was not "Oh my god, they're not wearing masks out there in the middle of nowhere." 

I think we don't see a lot of masks because it's tough to speak through them, and so the footage that people film and send to the producers may not always have a lot of mask-wearing in it. We've seen them with masks, but they're not making it the main part of their stories. Should they be? Do they have that obligation?  Well, maybe. 

Jamie and Beth, did they test negative before or after they got on the plane?  I can't remember. That part does seem contrary to all of the precautions we've all been told to follow. So they are the cautionary tale.  Look what happens when you don't follow protocol. I didn't mind the bit with the crystals, that's who Beth is, and Jamie was like, here we go again.  From what we were shown, Jamie wasn't having trouble breathing, he felt sick. Maybe he did call a doctor (again not filmed, or not used for some reason) and was told to recover at home. The majority of people do just that.

I think we're only getting part of any of the stories.  Why?  Who knows.  For drama maybe.

Racj82, I'm very sorry about your mom, and I hope she's doing better. I think the hospitals are doing really good jobs of keeping non-COVID patients away from the COVID patients. 

• Love 7

I don't trust Jamie & Beth's story line, but I will say my son had an ER visit back in April (not covid related), & the ER nurse told me covid patients were being sent home, not admitted. That said these two still look & sound way better than us when generally sick, so again I don't trust them & think their story stinks.

3 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I still enjoy this show. COVID-19 is a polarizing event, as we've seen from the discussion on this board. I was even going to say that this episode was the first time I watched Jamie and Doug and enjoyed their story and my first thought was not "Oh my god, they're not wearing masks out there in the middle of nowhere." 

COVID-19 shouldn't' be polarizing.  It's a virus.  Not wearing masks is a big fuck you to other people, because you're saying "I don't want to wear a mask because ME ME ME, and I don't give a fuck about you." 

Maybe that's why so many couples on this show don't make it, they're all "ME ME ME."

I think Jamie and Beth really had COVID-19.  I bet when they were really sick, they didn't film.  I think what we saw was them after getting better.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I think we don't see a lot of masks because it's tough to speak through them, and so the footage that people film and send to the producers may not always have a lot of mask-wearing in it. We've seen them with masks, but they're not making it the main part of their stories. Should they be? Do they have that obligation?  Well, maybe. 

Jamie and Beth, did they test negative before or after they got on the plane?  I can't remember. That part does seem contrary to all of the precautions we've all been told to follow. So they are the cautionary tale.  Look what happens when you don't follow protocol. I didn't mind the bit with the crystals, that's who Beth is, and Jamie was like, here we go again.  From what we were shown, Jamie wasn't having trouble breathing, he felt sick. Maybe he did call a doctor (again not filmed, or not used for some reason) and was told to recover at home. The majority of people do just that.

Jamie and Beth tested negative while in NC.  But anybody knows (or should know) that being tested so soon after exposure is likely to show up as negative, especially if it was basically self-administered.  I'm sure they did it to be able to produce test results with the airline, but also BS the audience that they were being "conscientious" when in fact they didn't give a flying rat's ass about anyone else and just wanted to go home no matter what.

And here's something I haven't seen mentioned yet - Given that you're now asked a bunch of questions before you get on a plane (or even set foot in a doctor's office) one of those questions is always "have you been exposed to anyone that has tested positive in the past (insert number here) weeks and if so when?"  Even if they could produce negative test results and the answer to that question was "Yes, within the past week", I really wonder if they would have been allowed on the plane.  So it's possible they lied to that question. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

COVID-19 shouldn't' be polarizing.  It's a virus.  Not wearing masks is a big fuck you to other people, because you're saying "I don't want to wear a mask because ME ME ME, and I don't give a fuck about you." 

Maybe that's why so many couples on this show don't make it, they're all "ME ME ME."

I think Jamie and Beth really had COVID-19.  I bet when they were really sick, they didn't film.  I think what we saw was them after getting better.  

Neurochick, you just pulled this right out of my brain, seriously.  Thank you!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, OnTime said:

Jamie and Beth ARE fools and idiots. She says she is so sick yet her makeup is done.  Jamie "feeling like death" but he is able to drink the shot. The worst of it is when she puts the crystals on him to as a COVID cure.  I truly think it is all fake and non of them had COVID including Beth's mother.

Since this series was about quarantine during the pandemic, the producers were determined that there would be a COVID case and Jamie/Beth fit the bill. 

Sad to say but at this point I wouldn't put it past them to have deliberately given themselves the virus to make for show drama.  Otherwise, why go visit her parents when it was likely that they knew before going there that her mother had or might have the virus?  This would at least explain that bit of head scratching idiocy.  Maybe the show threw in a bonus to them if they actually did it!  They're all dirt bags as far as I can tell, what would I put past any of them?  Not much.

Also, unless I missed something (which is possible) I don't remember any mention of how Beth's parents are doing with the virus.  Sane people would worry about their parents, especially because of their age bracket, but of course all Beth is concerned about is her Sara Bernhardt impression of a sick person and filming Jamie.

Edited by Yeah No
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Sad to say but at this point I wouldn't put it past them to have deliberately given themselves the virus to make for show drama.  Otherwise, why go visit her parents when it was likely that they knew before going there that her mother had or might have the virus?  This would at least explain that bit of head scratching idiocy.  Maybe the show threw in a bonus to them if they actually did it!  They're all dirt bags as far as I can tell, what would I put past any of them?  Not much.

Also, unless I missed something (which is possible) I don't remember any mention of how Beth's parents are doing with the virus.  Sane people would worry about their parents, especially because of their age bracket, but of course all Beth is concerned about is her Sara Bernhardt impression of a sick person and filming Jamie.

I just saw on Beth’s Instagram, she responded to someone and said they’re both fine.

i haven’t any idea if this was faux show drama or not.  I missed that they were aware her Mum might have it before they went, that is ridiculously stupid if that was the case.  I thought it also very strange sitting at the table her mother announces she has covid then Beth gets right in her face and then her dumb ass dad decides to put on a mask ~ that was all too much for my sensibilities 😷

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Sad to say but at this point I wouldn't put it past them to have deliberately given themselves the virus to make for show drama.  Otherwise, why go visit her parents when it was likely that they knew before going there that her mother had or might have the virus? 

I don't think they deliberately got COVID for the show.

I think it is all a fake storyline and Jamie/Beth went along with it. 

10 hours ago, endure said:

I missed that they were aware her Mum might have it before they went, that is ridiculously stupid if that was the case.  I thought it also very strange sitting at the table her mother announces she has covid then Beth gets right in her face and then her dumb ass dad decides to put on a mask

They didn't know that her mother had COVID until she played the recording at the table.  Again, I think it is all scripted and none of them had it.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, OnTime said:

I don't think they deliberately got COVID for the show.

I think it is all a fake storyline and Jamie/Beth went along with it. 

Well, that was my first theory, which judging from the bad acting and nonsensical timeline is entirely possible.

• Love 1

About whether Jaime and Beth really had Covid, the thing that seemed weird to me was that when they told the other couples the reaction of Greg and Deonna was the same as the other couples. I would have expected that they would have been alarmed since they just had Jaime and Beth in their home, and I would have thought that Jaime and Beth would have told them to get tested. Yet, there was nothing mentioned about Greg and Deonna possibly being exposed.

• Love 8

Man, people ruin all the fun of reality shows with labeling everything as fake. Let me have my righteous indignation!

If they didn't fake it, they are two of dumbest people on earth.

If they did it changes nothing about how stupid production is. Filming people constantly doing the wrong thing covid-19 wise just isn't good tv. It's also only going to piss people off not entertain them.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

If they did it changes nothing about how stupid production is. Filming people constantly doing the wrong thing covid-19 wise just isn't good tv. It's also only going to piss people off not entertain them.

It's even more annoying when they are flashing that Covid statement at the beginning of the episodes!

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

It's even more annoying when they are flashing that Covid statement at the beginning of the episodes!

I know - they might have done better to make a disclaimer to the effect that Lifetime doesn't condone nor encourage any of the actions of the participants in this episode.  If they could have made it clear that they don't approve, it might not have made me suspect their involvement in making any of it happen.  But we all know that the weasel-y way they worded that statement means they likely did.

• Love 5

I could do without Shawniece & Jepthe, and Beth & Jamie completely. Doug & Jamie are hit and miss for me. Everyone else I enjoy.

I think some of the storylines develop naturally from real life, albeit manipulated to fit a narrative. I think some are 100% producer driven crap, and the majority are a mix of the two. I don’t expect truth and honesty from reality tv, but I prefer to think there’s some truth...

• Love 4
14 hours ago, ramble said:

I could do without Shawniece & Jepthe, and Beth & Jamie completely. Doug & Jamie are hit and miss for me. Everyone else I enjoy.

I think some of the storylines develop naturally from real life, albeit manipulated to fit a narrative. I think some are 100% producer driven crap, and the majority are a mix of the two. I don’t expect truth and honesty from reality tv, but I prefer to think there’s some truth...

Honestly, if I were on a show like this, they'd have to make something up for me. Especially during COVID, our lives are boring. Then again, if I were on a show like this, maybe my life would be more interesting?

• Love 3

Bobby looked so uncomfortable when they were all discussing COVID-19.  I'm not surprised since he was making fun of Danielle for cleaning their packages and posted an insta story about face masks being face diapers. 

I loved Jamie's jab at Beth "I wish we never returned to North Carolina." I'm sure all of the people who were on the plane with you felt the same way.

Jess and Austin both pretending to like the cake was adorable.  They're really growing on me. I wish we saw an update from Ashley and Anthony, instead of the Jamie O chronicles. 

• Love 9

My face every time Beth and Jamie come onscreen:

tenor.gif

I'm so over their flippant attitudes. They wouldn't wish this on anyone, so why the fuck don't they just stay home and stop the nonsense? Also, she was so desperate to see her parents that they just had to make that irresponsible trip, yet they hadn't spoken to them once since they got back? So, so self centered. They are just horrible.

Edited by sometimesjennifer
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I felt a bit guilty for rolling my eyes at Jamie O during her storyline about her birth father.  I’m glad she was able to get answers about her birth family and totally empathize with her because we had a similar situation in my own family, but she just seems to go from one drama to another so I’m getting a little jaded.  I googled her father and found his obituary which contained his photo. He certainly was a handsome man and I think Jamie has his eyes.  

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theithacajournal/obituary.aspx?n=frank-rogan&pid=190248388&fhid=7263

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

His obituary says he has two sons. I know Jamie was all determined to find and meet him, but I wonder if he would have been receptive to another adult child after 30 some years.  

Also, I don't mean this in a bad way, what if he has other "unknown children"?

• Love 2
On 9/8/2020 at 8:31 AM, Racj82 said:

Filming people constantly doing the wrong thing covid-19 wise just isn't good tv. It's also only going to piss people off not entertain them.

That's why I can't watch it.  I know I shouldn't, because it's manipulated trash, but that's never been a compelling enough reason.  But watching all these people traveling just pisses me off.  Especially if they're going to see family because if a person doesn't live in your house with you, it doesn't matter whether it's a family member or a stranger. 

• Love 2
On 9/10/2020 at 9:00 PM, sometimesjennifer said:

My face every time Beth and Jamie come onscreen:

tenor.gif

I'm so over their flippant attitudes. They wouldn't wish this on anyone, so why the fuck don't they just stay home and stop the nonsense? Also, she was so desperate to see her parents that they just had to make that irresponsible trip, yet they hadn't spoken to them once since they got back? So, so self centered. They are just horrible.

Plus, she’s all tra la la, it’s over now. But either or both could have long-term consequences that haven’t shown up yet. Also, she claimed they were staying home/going nowhere from here on out, but the preview for next week shows them going on a road trip. Again. 🙄

• Love 3
On 9/9/2020 at 8:37 PM, ramble said:

You mean like “Summer Thanksgiving Dinner” because ‘we just redid the dining room’ (i.e. hung 3 pictures) and ‘the baby wants pumpkin pie’ 100% producer-driven crap?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I felt a bit guilty for rolling my eyes at Jamie O during her storyline about her birth father.  I’m glad she was able to get answers about her birth family and totally empathize with her because we had a similar situation in my own family, but she just seems to go from one drama to another so I’m getting a little jaded.  I googled her father and found his obituary which contained his photo. He certainly was a handsome man and I think Jamie has his eyes.  

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theithacajournal/obituary.aspx?n=frank-rogan&pid=190248388&fhid=7263

I FF through anything involving Jamie and Doug so I missed her story about her dad. Can you give me a quick synopsis please.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, shok said:

I FF through anything involving Jamie and Doug so I missed her story about her dad. Can you give me a quick synopsis please.

Jamie never knew who her father was. Her mother wasn’t even sure. A couple of years ago Jamie did a dna test and found some of her bio family online. She connected with them and found out that her bio dad had on,y passed away two months before. They told her all about him which is how she knew his favorite sandwich and where he used to go.  

• Love 3

I really enjoyed Jepthe's interactions with his brother.  I think that Jepthe and Shawniece just have too different of ways of communicating and dealing with issues that then leads to their frustrations with each other. Jepthe seems a bit similar to Brett in the current season in that they like to make jokes/use humor throughout their days and their wives either don't get the humor, don't appreciate the humor, or just don't like their husbands enough to try to lighten up.  Also, Jepthe and Brett don't want to try and diffuse the situations by lessening their joking around (not that I would want to be married to them, but, then again, I didn't sign up for this show...).

And, wow, did Bobby cook up an amazing dinner!  That turkey looked perfect.  And the pie looked really good (my favorite pie is pumpkin pie!).  Yum.

Although I was put off a bit by Jessica in the original season, I just love Jessica and Austin on this show.

I don't watch Jamie and Doug so can't comment on them...

On 9/11/2020 at 4:41 PM, OnTime said:

His obituary says he has two sons. I know Jamie was all determined to find and meet him, but I wonder if he would have been receptive to another adult child after 30 some years.  

Also, I don't mean this in a bad way, what if he has other "unknown children"?

If I were her I'd want to visit with my half siblings, grandfather and the two aunts that are mentioned in the obit while up there.  I wonder if she did that and just wants to keep it private.  If she went to her father's restaurant did she meet any other members of his family while she was there?  Often those kinds of local restaurants are run by more than one family member.  I think she's leaving a lot out, probably because they don't want to be featured on the show.

Boy, I know I'm old finding out that her father was only a year younger than me.... 😞 

Edited by Yeah No

I thought Jephte's little brother was adorable and their interactions too cute.

That said, Shawneice acts like life is this hard yoke to shoulder.  Compared to the other couples who keep things positive and fun she is a total downer.  I get it that she's depressed about what's going on between her and Jephte, but it can be a vicious circle and she needs to snap out of it.  She does herself no favors with Jephte by being that way.  It's only going to make for more friction between them.  From my 62 year old/married for 40 years POV I think she needs to look within and lower her expectations.  Sometimes when you do that, the other person starts to come around.  If you stop taking responsibility for everything and take a more laid back attitude the other person will naturally step up - maybe not as much as you would want ideally, but enough that you can live with.  Perhaps she needs counseling or they need couples counseling.  I don't blame her (or them) for needing that - I think a lot of us (myself included) are dealing with a lot of crap since the pandemic and could use it.  I also tend to wonder if the real issue isn't about responsibilities at all but about something much deeper, like that Shawneice feels like he is with her only for their daughter (which actually may be the case).  😞 

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 4
On 9/11/2020 at 11:58 PM, ChiMama said:

You mean like “Summer Thanksgiving Dinner” because ‘we just redid the dining room’ (i.e. hung 3 pictures) and ‘the baby wants pumpkin pie’ 100% producer-driven crap?

Or like "I just bought an ovulation test and it just happens to come with a pregnancy test and ooooh, doesn't that look like a plus sign???....GREEEEEGGGG!!!"

I think Deonna thinks the rest of the world thinks this contrived "tension" between her and Greg is humorous but it's making her look absolutely insufferable and him like he's one step away from running away and filing for divorce!

I don't think any of that is real.  I think both of them want kids and are just waiting for one to come along.  It's just that this is the scenario the producers want them to play-act for the show because they aren't very good entertainment if left to their own devices.  Not that they should have to be, they're just fine as-is IMO.

• Love 3
On 9/11/2020 at 6:34 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

That's why I can't watch it.  I know I shouldn't, because it's manipulated trash, but that's never been a compelling enough reason.  But watching all these people traveling just pisses me off.  Especially if they're going to see family because if a person doesn't live in your house with you, it doesn't matter whether it's a family member or a stranger. 

I know, don't get me started - the governor of my state mentioned the other day that they're finding that a lot of recent cases are coming from family gatherings and that people somehow think that because it's family they are "safe".  Well, they're NOT.

I'm going through this with my husband who is going to visit with a few members of his family tomorrow but he insists that he and they will wear masks (he always does when near anyone) and keep his interactions with them brief and at least 6 feet apart at all times (they are meeting him to pick up some furniture but not to stay in a closed room with each other for more than a few minutes at a time).  He is good about stuff like that, but I still have a knot in my stomach.  Sure, they live in an area where there are few cases but it's not what I would ideally want to happen.  It's really something that has to happen for a lot of reasons I won't mention here, so there isn't much choice.

So anyway, you can imagine how I feel watching this show and how these people are acting, especially Jamie and Beth, who I used to like.

That said, even though Austin and Jessica are traveling they are doing so responsibly and Jessica even made mention of that.  My love for them continues to grow.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

If I were her I'd want to visit with my half siblings, grandfather and the two aunts that are mentioned in the obit while up there.  I wonder if she did that and just wants to keep it private. 

She said on her podcast she connected and met with one of the aunts, which was who she matched with on the DNA site. I can't remember if she met the other aunt but I think she met the grandfather.

The half brothers don't want anything to do with her.

• Useful 4
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

That said, Shawneice acts like life is this hard yoke to shoulder.  Compared to the other couples who keep things positive and fun she is a total downer.  I get it that she's depressed about what's going on between her and Jephte, but it can be a vicious circle and she needs to snap out of it.  She does herself no favors with Jephte by being that way.  It's only going to make for more friction between them.  From my 62 year old/married for 40 years POV I think she needs to look within and lower her expectations.  Sometimes when you do that, the other person starts to come around.  If you stop taking responsibility for everything and take a more laid back attitude the other person will naturally step up - maybe not as much as you would want ideally, but enough that you can live with.  Perhaps she needs counseling or they need couples counseling.  I don't blame her (or them) for needing that - I think a lot of us (myself included) are dealing with a lot of crap since the pandemic and could use it.  I also tend to wonder if the real issue isn't about responsibilities at all but about something much deeper, like that Shawneice feels like he is with her only for their daughter (which actually may be the case).  😞 

Between his cheating & saying he wants all his kids with one woman, I can believe she's not feeling it from him. I don't think she's gonna want anymore kids anyway, though, as she seems overwhelmed with Laura, at least right now.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Yeah No said:

That said, Shawneice acts like life is this hard yoke to shoulder.  Compared to the other couples who keep things positive and fun she is a total downer.  I get it that she's depressed about what's going on between her and Jephte, but it can be a vicious circle and she needs to snap out of it.  She does herself no favors with Jephte by being that way.  It's only going to make for more friction between them.  From my 62 year old/married for 40 years POV I think she needs to look within and lower her expectations.  Sometimes when you do that, the other person starts to come around.  If you stop taking responsibility for everything and take a more laid back attitude the other person will naturally step up - maybe not as much as you would want ideally, but enough that you can live with.  😞 

This is advice that almost everyone can learn from. I just wanted to highlight this.  

• Love 3
On 9/13/2020 at 12:59 AM, Yeah No said:

I think that both Jephte and Shawneice want families and that is why they're with each other.  Nothing really wrong with that, but this society puts so much emphasis on "finding your soulmate."  Both of them look at each other and think, "there has to be someone else out here for me, some magical person."  I think that's why both of them seem so miserable.  

• Love 2

UO - I don’t think Shawniece needs to ”snap out of it” at all.  She told Jephte repeatedly she is overwhelmed.  Jephte brings home a teenage boy - a very sweet one but it still adds to the work for Shawniece.  Shawniece makes a nice breakfast and Jephte’s first reaction is a complaint and only when she makes a face does he say something nice.  That isn’t funny, it’s completely rude.  He offered to do the dishes AFTER she had started them.  In summary, if you tell Jephte you are overwhelmed and need help he will add to your workload, insult what you do and offer to help by doing the last 10% of the job (which IMO is no help at all).  I don’t think Jephte is a bad guy overall.  I think he likes Shawniece and desperately doesn’t want to divorce so he stays in situation where he is miserable and makes others miserable.  If he loved and had affection for a partner I don’t think he would do his fair share, but he likely would help more and be kinder.  Shawniece hears that he doesn’t want to get a divorce so she stays thinking he will try to work on the marriage when he has shown he won’t.  Jephte needs to come clean and finish his thought which is “I don’t want to get divorced, but I honestly don’t want to be married to you either”.  I find them very depressing and wish they would take them off couples cam.

On a brighter note, Gregg and Deonna will make the cutest baby and I hope her pregnancy is much easier than the others on the show have been.

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 6

One of the reasons I do like Jephte and Shawniece is because they're not happy, happy.  Life isn't happy, happy all of the time.  I don't think people should be taken off TV because they're not "happy."

I think Jephte and Shawniece are both immature.  Both of them are looking for something that doesn't really exist.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

ON 9/13/2020 AT 9:09 AM, ONTIME SAID:

The half brothers don't want anything to do with her.

1 hour ago, MyTwoCents said:

This is in reference to Jaime. Does anyone know why?

Yes, it is in reference to Jamie.

She said they both were not interested in meeting her.  She talks about it in her podcast.

On 9/13/2020 at 12:59 AM, Yeah No said:

I had very long marriage that was wonderful and understand the need to snap out of things, but there is no way in hell that a person could be anything more than a downer if they stayed married to a multi-cheater, had a kid with them, and feels every minute of every day how much their spouse is not into them. Imagine living 24/7 in a house with someone that you really want to be with and they make it very clear that they are simply tolerating you. Holding her emotions in and putting on a cheery smile to try to lure him her way evokes feelings of ass kissing and begging to me and I just can't be down with that. If he's not into her, he should leave. Instead, they brought a child into the situation.

You should not have to beg your relatively new spouse for attention. Your spouse should consider you always. It seems like Jepthe never takes Shawniece into consideration and does not care if that upsets her. I'm sure Shawniece feels every day that he is only there for the kid. How crushing is that? For him to expect her to be anything other than a reflection of how he treats her is crazy to me.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe they don’t want to become a storyline for “her” show either. 

This may not sound nice, but as much as she seems to be idolizing her deceased father he may not have wanted anything to do with her either.

I don't blame her brothers. They would've been more SM fodder & clicks for her.

• Love 5