Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Couples Cam

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:
8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I have to agree.  Something is just not right with Bobby!  It's like the two of them have done a role reversal!

Maybe with her not working they are struggling financially.  But it was Bobby that wanted her home like his mom and sis so here we are!

That is a very good point.  He should be in hog heaven right about now!

Bobby did want her home like his mom and sis, BUT he didn't plan on being home also. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Word to Austin and Jessica:  Puppies and white carpets do not mix.

True enough. Is Rex a puppy though? He looked a little older to me so maybe he is already housebroken? Also I think they are renting so they didn't have a choice about the carpet but they may well lose their security deposit when they finally move out. Rex is worth it though!

• Love 1

Really enjoy this, mostly, I think, because there is not much else on right now.  LOL. 

I am worried about Keith and Kristine so I hope that resolves okay. 

And I wonder if Lifetime was sold on this show with the birth of Jamie and Doug's son being the centerpiece so they could milk the drama.  Otherwise, why a home birth? Ugh.

The rest of the couples are darn cute.

• Love 1

Bobby has been stripped of the Ricky part of his nickname because he is acting like a pissy turd.

Boycotting their segments unless Henry and Nellie are in the camera shot...otherwise he gets FF'd like JO/Doug...who need to get their carpet cleaned of the amniotic fluid splashed about

• Love 2

Holy mother, that was horrible to watch! I do not think viewers should be subjected the to visual assault that was Jamie and Doug’s birth video. I cannot unsee that! Just no.....

• Love 5
(edited)

Stumbled upon Couples Cam yesterday and while probably not worthy of awards or critical acclaim ; ),  I've really enjoyed catching up on the past couples.  Especially happy to see Shawniece and Jephte doing so well. Shawniece is cute as a button, seems like lots of fun, and very genuine and loving. Proud of Jephte for finally stepping up to honor his commitment to his family,  and glad to see he was able to get out of his own way and be open to enjoying - and ultimately, starting to fall for - Shawniece.

AJ and Sexy AF Steph still confuse me, as I can't for the life of me figure out what she sees in him. However, they seem consistently happy together, so hope whatever it is continues to work for them...

Greg is gonna have to take a page from Doug's playbook and get on board the baby train sooner rather than later,  me thinks...

And still 100% believe Elizabeth and Jamie's relationship is seriously toxic and that they absolutely would both be better off going their separate ways.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

AJ and Hot AF Steph still confuse me, as I can't for the life of me figure out what she sees in him. However, they seem consistently happy together, so hope whatever it is continues to work for them...

SexyAF has the patience of a saint to put up with Manic AJ.

They are on the same page...they traveled to 11 places in their first year of marriage with incomes to do so, they both are career minded, no baby fever, Sexy AF knows how to pick her battles, he makes her laugh....he knows he is punching above his weight class.

• Love 13

AJ and Sexy AF Steph still confuse me, as I can't for the life of me figure out what she sees in him. However, they seem consistently happy together, so hope whatever it is continues to work for them...

I think he genuinely loves her and he makes her laugh. Those are two really, really good things. AJ's not really my cup of tea but I think that he is not as manic and irritable as he appeared to be during their season. When he can work, I think he's a hard worker and reasonably successful. They have fun together. Plenty of longstanding relationships thrive on less.

• Love 10
On 6/17/2020 at 8:45 PM, Yeah No said:

I wasn't prepared for how upset I was to see Kristine crying.  I think she is very pretty and even prettier now than on her original season.  I suppose they have disagreements like any couple but somehow it was hard to see it because I don't think we've ever seen her and Keith at odds with each other before.  I am impressed with her home renovation skills - her dad taught her well.

That whole "Queen Kristine" narrative they tried to feed us during her season was total bunk. This girl is the real deal. She brings so much to the table and doesn't expect any man to cater to her. She expects Keith to pull his weight, certainly, but she is career oriented, not afraid to get her hands dirty, supportive, playful, sweet - she's so much more than they initially gave her credit for being. I am really rooting for these two. I agree that it was hard to see her so upset when we knew her intentions were pure, but I hope this argument was just a build up of quarantine frustrations finally bursting, and once they get it all hashed out they will be fine.

My fave moment of the night (besides ffwding through Jamie's whole mess): when Deonna flirtatiously told Gregg he was looking good when he was cooking. Look at her, giving compliments. He deserves that and much more! 😍

I am with all of you who don't see what Steph sees in AJ but more power to them because they both seem to be enjoying each other. He is coming off far better this time now that he's in control of the camera, and she seems to appreciate his antics. It works!

Ashley needs to leave Anthony's hair alone. Seriously, how can she look at him and see any flaw there??? Next to Greg, he's my fave guy for sure. Thankfully he is very indulgent of her annoying behavior. Of course, that whole thing was just a set up for their silly movie parody, so hopefully it wasn't based in reality and she doesn't really want to butcher his lovely locks.

• Love 6

I feel like Bobby and Danielle’s lives revolve around “ should we have another baby ?” Even when they first got together , it was baby talk . I just feel like there’s nothing else to them . Also , yes I’m being superficial but Danielle needs make up . 

I give props to Jamie giving birth without an epidural . I cannot imagine doing that after the pain I experienced in my hours without it . But Doug took famewhore to another level when Jamie kept slapping their son to try to get him to cry and they’re worried he’s not breathing ., Doug picked up the camera to update us on what’s going on . The fact that the camera is the first thing on his mind is scary . 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/18/2020 at 1:26 PM, cardigirl said:

And I wonder if Lifetime was sold on this show with the birth of Jamie and Doug's son being the centerpiece so they could milk the drama.  Otherwise, why a home birth? Ugh.

Jamie said she did the home birth because of her or the baby getting COVID in the hospital. Also the hospital would only allow one person in with her. She probably wanted to bring a camera crew.

21 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Also , yes I’m being superficial but Danielle needs make up . 

Exactly!

If Jamie can get full hair and makeup done to give birth, Danielle should have been able to get her hair and makeup ready to film on her own schedule.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 3

Eh, I guess I'm in the minority but I'm not going to fault women for not wearing makeup or getting dressed up to sit on their couch or play with their toddlers just because they're on camera - what we're watching are basically home movies. And even if it was official filming, who cares? You don't have to put on makeup every time anyone sees you.

Bobby's energy does seem a little different but I don't think he's being pissy or snappy or rude towards Danielle - I just think his humor feels increasingly adolescent in larger doses. She seems to like it and match him, so whatever.

Jaime...not to sound 16, but birth is always gross and terrifying for all involved.

Jaime and Beth "racing" by jogging 10 yards individually made me laugh.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Eh, I guess I'm in the minority but I'm not going to fault women for not wearing makeup or getting dressed up to sit on their couch or play with their toddlers just because they're on camera - what we're watching are basically home movies. And even if it was official filming, who cares? You don't have to put on makeup every time anyone sees you.

Bobby's energy does seem a little different but I don't think he's being pissy or snappy or rude towards Danielle - I just think his humor feels increasingly adolescent in larger doses. She seems to like it and match him, so whatever.

Jaime...not to sound 16, but birth is always gross and terrifying for all involved.

Jaime and Beth "racing" by jogging 10 yards individually made me laugh.

I think the rest of the girls look good , I just think Danielle does not look good without makeup . Like I said , superficial , but my opinion. 

• Love 2

Bobby is being snippy as an "act" for the camera, he is not being a priss to Danielle....no action between the sheets if he gets ornery

Bob, act your normal dorky self and pull back on the zoom... the close ups of you and the Mrs. are irritating the audience.

Austin, Jess, Rex are just so damn cute. The zoomies will destroy that apartment.

You cannot look at Laura when she breaks out in a wide grin and not see Jephte.

Want a sip of what Greg and Deonna were quaffing....love cocktails in proper bar glasses with a meal....D is proud of her shake shake shake technique...

• Love 4
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

SexyAF has the patience of a saint to put up with Manic AJ.

They are on the same page...they traveled to 11 places in their first year of marriage with incomes to do so, they both are career minded, no baby fever, Sexy AF knows how to pick her battles, he makes her laugh....he knows he is punching above his weight class.

I think Stephanie was desperate to find a husband and decided that even though she'll have to change AJ's diaper every couple of days, that's better than having to deal with trying to find someone on the dating circuit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I'll be further in the minority and say a woman shouldn't have to put on makeup any time someone sees her.  I wish we could just look like what we look like.  You know, like men do.

• Love 18
40 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'll be further in the minority and say a woman shouldn't have to put on makeup any time someone sees her.  I wish we could just look like what we look like.  You know, like men do.

Couldn't agree with this more. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Stumbled upon Couples Cam yesterday and while probably not worthy of awards or critical acclaim ; ),  I've really enjoyed catching up on the past couples.  Especially happy to see Shawniece and Jephte doing so well. Shawniece is cute as a button, seems like lots of fun, and very genuine and loving. Proud of Jephte for finally stepping up to honor his commitment to his family,  and glad to see he was able to get out of his own way and be open to enjoying - and ultimately, starting to fall for - Shawniece.

AJ and Sexy AF Steph still confuse me, as I can't for the life of me figure out what she sees in him. However, they seem consistently happy together, so hope whatever it is continues to work for them...

Greg is gonna have to take a page from Doug's playbook and get on board the baby train sooner rather than later,  me thinks...

And still 100% believe Elizabeth and Jamie's relationship is seriously toxic and that they absolutely would both be better off going their separate ways.

Elizabeth and Jamie I think that's their love language and it spices up their make up sex!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Agreed! Sadly women don't have the luxury of existing without performing 😉

• Love 5

I think the only reason Jaime wanted an at home birth was because Pao and Russ of 90 Day Fiance had one and were able to film the entire thing.  I fast-forwarded all of the Jaime scenes-but did notice there were a few times she actively looked for a camera.  I know more and more people are opting for at home or birthing center births, but when there are complications it can become very, very serious.  A very close friend had a very serious situation arise with her newborn son because they were not at a hospital-and he had to be medivaced to a hospital.  I couldn't believe it when I saw Jaime and Doug's son-very concerning.

I thought Bobby was in better spirits this episode-along with other posters, I think the quarantine has impacted him and his attitude.  Loved "The Triming" as it showed nice humor and was a pretty good parody of The Shining.  

I think part of Keith's disappointment was not being able to do the work with his wife as he is pulling extra long work shifts due to the virus.

• Love 2

Jessica and Austin need to start working on housebreaking Rex.  There is no reason that much poo should be on the carpet.  Get puppy pads and start Rex on a schedule.  Austin said something like Rex hadn't figured it out yet.  No, Austin, just like children, pets need to be trained.  It takes consistency, but once Rex is trained, he'll be good.  It's great you're teaching him to shake and roll over, but please prioritize the housebreaking.  Unfortunately, the lack of this training is a reason many people get rid of their dogs.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I fast-forwarded all of the Jaime scenes-but did notice there were a few times she actively looked for a camera.  I know more and more people are opting for at home or birthing center births, but when there are complications it can become very, very serious.  A very close friend had a very serious situation arise with her newborn son because they were not at a hospital-and he had to be medivaced to a hospital.  I couldn't believe it when I saw Jaime and Doug's son-very concerning.

Well, I think there are two sides to Jamie's home birth. The side that really happened and at the side that we are seeing. 

Most of the time when she is in the pool and screaming, we only see the back of the midwife or someone, not what Jamie is saying. So there is audio but who knows if it is really from that scene. 

Also, I'm sure they filmed some scenes after everything was over, just for some "drama" scenes.  We KNOW how this show is edited!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

That whole "Queen Kristine" narrative they tried to feed us during her season was total bunk. This girl is the real deal. She brings so much to the table and doesn't expect any man to cater to her. She expects Keith to pull his weight, certainly, but she is career oriented, not afraid to get her hands dirty, supportive, playful, sweet - she's so much more than they initially gave her credit for being. I am really rooting for these two. I agree that it was hard to see her so upset when we knew her intentions were pure, but I hope this argument was just a build up of quarantine frustrations finally bursting, and once they get it all hashed out they will be fine

I agree! I love Queen Kristine! She will always be a winner for speaking truth and not beating around the bush with that asshat Luke. I continue to refer to her as Queen Kristine because she legit is, not to mention that by decision day, Keith’s stance on everything was basically whatever Kristine says/wants/decides. On this episode, I could see both Keith and Kristine’s side of that disagreement. I agree it’s quarantine frustration for sure, on both sides. I love them together.

15 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think he genuinely loves her and he makes her laugh. Those are two really, really good things. AJ's not really my cup of tea but I think that he is not as manic and irritable as he appeared to be during their season. When he can work, I think he's a hard worker and reasonably successful. They have fun together. Plenty of longstanding relationships thrive on less.

Yes to all of this. AJ is the first to admit that he is a lot. Steph is pretty even tempered, so they seem to balance each other out. Plus they genuinely seem to enjoy each other’s company. I follow them on instagram, and both Steph and AJ are engaging to follow. He is blunt occasionally on instagram and doesn’t hesitate to clap back at rude comments, but even then, it’s not rude or nasty. I don’t fault him for trying to find ways to stay busy - off work and quarantined is boring, especially when you’re used to working! It’s gotta be especially hard coming up with something to film for this show when you’re stuck in a small apartment, don’t have any kids nor are contemplating having a baby, are not giving birth, buying a dog, or doing major house renovating, nor are insane (lookin at you Jamie and Beth). They have no real storyline the show can push. I thought the drinking games were fun, and I laughed when they both said “renters insurance!” re: the kiddie pool leaking. I’m in the minority I know, but I like them.

• Love 8

Finally saw the whole show - but only heard the J/D segments as my knitting gives me a valid excuse to ignore the screen, which I always implement. Since it's already been all over every media outlet possible that the kid is fine, had a name change already, I fail to understand why we had to be inundated with  so much drama.

JAustin - two words: crate training. Especially with Austin at home, it should be relatively easy to get  Rex comfy with his crate, and on a schedule, which will help greatly reduce incorrect behaviors, help the pet-parents not become frustrated and resentful, and let all three enjoy each other more. Friends with crate-trained dogs don't even need to close the door - the furrbabies seem to regard their crates as their private space and act happy and relaxed when in their crates and actually seek them out during thunderstorms which scare them.

I want to look up the recipe for the drinks Deonne made. His cooking and her bartending went well together - as did the mutual compliments. She seemed a trifle more relaxed this expisode, which makes her more likeable.

Loved Jepthe and Shawneice and Laura (as usual). Even with Shawneice's frustration with Laura, they all seemed to be enjoying each other.

I liked Ashley/Anthony's movie making. If nothing else, it shows an ability to be playful.

Beth/Jamie was again fairly contrived. I can't believe they don't see the ability of having the 2nd bedroom serve a double purpose - the whole argument only served to make Beth look more selfish and inconsiderate, which she either is or can't think of anything else to show us.

Staycation for SAFSteph and AJ was cute - they were so into it, it was damn near believable. He's gotten more likeable, probably because he is more in control of what gets filmed and when.

I think I did Bobby an injustice - someone mentioned how his present attitude may be more attributable to social isolation and inability to carry on with his normal occupation - and he did seem a bit less cranky this time - although I suspect there was no real concern about a pregnancy. It made me wonder why anyone would pick this particular time to try for a baby.

I really felt bad for Kristine! Not to trivialize Keith's transfer to what sounded like the supply-support side of what Jess is doing. Kristine is quite impressive with her DIY talents and I'm glad the previews show a happier time. Her statements about how much she likes her work, is good at it and has so much frustration at not being able to do it were really heartfelt.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Jessica and Austin need to start working on housebreaking Rex.  There is no reason that much poo should be on the carpet.  Get puppy pads and start Rex on a schedule.  Austin said something like Rex hadn't figured it out yet.  No, Austin, just like children, pets need to be trained.  It takes consistency, but once Rex is trained, he'll be good.  It's great you're teaching him to shake and roll over, but please prioritize the housebreaking.  Unfortunately, the lack of this training is a reason many people get rid of their dogs.

Crate training would be great for Rex.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I don't watch this show. Can someone give a quick description of what Kristine and Keith were fighting about?

My feeling was that even though Keith is spending his working hours in the support trenches, providing the important equipment/supplies for the hands on medical folks (like Jess in her hospital unit), he felt deprived at home - because helping with the renovations is the only thing he gets to do with Kristine to support her in her current non-working-for-money situation. I think all Kristine wanted was a little praise/appreciation, and all Keith wanted was to feel needed at home (as he definitely is on the job).

If the previews are any indication, they worked it out. Which makes me happy as they are one of my 3 most favorite couples.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I don't watch this show. Can someone give a quick description of what Kristine and Keith were fighting about?

Kristine laid the new tile floor in the kitchen while Keith was at work. Keith had said that he wanted to do it with her because he wanted to create a pattern with the tile. They appear to have worked things out - and the kitchen looks great. Kristine can remodel my master bath next!

• Love 3

For someone who was so terrified of Covid-19 that she was sobbing in her car about the danger to her baby, Jamie sure had a lot of people at the delivery. A photographer lurking around shooting every writhing moment? Really?

I'm needing some personal distancing from Jamie's spawning. 😱

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 6/18/2020 at 10:19 AM, Elizzikra said:

True enough. Is Rex a puppy though? He looked a little older to me so maybe he is already housebroken? Also I think they are renting so they didn't have a choice about the carpet but they may well lose their security deposit when they finally move out. Rex is worth it though!

He was a rescue dog so he may be a little older than a puppy but just not house trained.  One of the reasons dogs end up in shelters is because their original owners couldn't handle them, so maybe he wasn't trained at the usual age.

On 6/19/2020 at 8:19 AM, humbleopinion said:

I get it that they can afford to travel that much, but who has the TIME to travel that much?  I get it that AJ's basically self-employed, but what about her?  I'd like to know how it is that she could have that much time to spare.

On 6/19/2020 at 12:45 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I think he's just trying to look cool or entertaining for the camera because otherwise they're a complete snooze.

On 6/19/2020 at 9:18 PM, seacliffsal said:

I agree completely - I also wonder if the shelter knew that the dog was not housebroken and disclosed it.  I know that if I were looking for a shelter dog I'd at least try to find one that was housebroken if it was already an adult.  I know that shelters now give lengthy descriptions of their pets, including their temperament, what they like and don't like, and any known medical conditions so that the adopters can be completely informed before they agree to adopt.  I think that's a good idea so that the new owners don't get into something they didn't bargain for.

• Love 1

For someone who was so terrified of Covid-19 that she was sobbing in her car about the danger to her baby, Jamie sure had a lot of people at the delivery. A photographer lurking around shooting every writhing moment? Really?

I think that is the same woman who has been in the background in previous episodes. I haven't figured out if she's a photographer they have specifically for this show, or if she's a friend or nanny or something who lives with them anyway and is helping with the cameras, or what.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, redpencil said:

I think that is the same woman who has been in the background in previous episodes. I haven't figured out if she's a photographer they have specifically for this show, or if she's a friend or nanny or something who lives with them anyway and is helping with the cameras, or what.

That girl is Zoe.  She does Jamie's podcast and started living with Jamie/Doug during the pandemic to help with their daughter if they had to go to the hospital.  But I think there was another person with a camera who wasn't wearing a mask.

• Love 3

I agree completely - I also wonder if the shelter knew that the dog was not housebroken and disclosed it.  I know that if I were looking for a shelter dog I'd at least try to find one that was housebroken if it was already an adult.  I know that shelters now give lengthy descriptions of their pets, including their temperament, what they like and don't like, and any known medical conditions so that the adopters can be completely informed before they agree to adopt.  I think that's a good idea so that the new owners don't get into something they didn't bargain for.

Dogs can behave very differently in the shelter than in a home. Dogs also can act differently in their new homes than they did in foster homes. It can take a long time for them to settle - when I volunteered for a rescue we told people it could take some dogs months to become really settled and comfortable in their new homes.

Since they live in an apartment, Rex can't just go outside whenever. He definitely needs a regular walk schedule and consistent training. Crate training would be great. Both Austin and Jessica seem like responsible people and I think they will do what they need to do to get Rex trained and being a good boy soon.

• Love 5
On 6/17/2020 at 11:45 PM, Yeah No said:

Bobby does have a little edge to him lately.  I've been wondering if he has pandemic anxiety like so many of us do and it's coming out this way.  I don't know why but I think the beard and mustache have something to do with his energy too.  Maybe he wants to look more manly and masculine.

If so, it's a giant fail.  To me, it looks like one of those porn star/70s mustaches...I actively can't stand looking at it on him.  Plus he's been so low-key pissy that I also don't want to look at him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I probably would have watched Jamie’s childbirth if Jessica delivered him,

Not even then. I am annoyed at Jamie and Doug because I find it completely tasteless that they chose to give lifetime the rights to something so momentous and personal. I am annoyed at Lifetime for including that much footage of the birth in the show.  I have birthed two children myself, and I am not a prude, but I have seen waaaay too much of Jamie’s naked body, and that whole thing was over the top uncomfortable to watch. They should have put a disclaimer before the episode it was so graphic. Frame after frame of almost naked Jamie writhing and screaming in the tub with her hoo-ha blurred is not what I want to see, and why she needs us to see it is a whole other discussion.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I am annoyed at Jamie and Doug because I find it completely tasteless that they chose to give lifetime the rights to something so momentous and personal. I am annoyed at Lifetime for including that much footage of the birth in the show.

Unless Lifetime get complaints, nothing will change. Sadly, Jamie and Doug don't stop short of much to make money.

Seems "Couples Cam" gave the most air time to them and Jamie/Beth, who bring the drama. I wonder if all the couples got got paid the same??

• Love 2
On 6/19/2020 at 7:02 AM, SabineElisabeth said:

That's exactly what I thought during their original season....that he was just too high maintenance.  He had a quick temper and seemed to crave the spotlight and the center of attention whereas Stephanie's very laid back and private.  Whatever she did since their season seems to have worked.  AJ's calmed down a LOT.  He seems to realize he's got a good thing with her.  I could empathize when he talked about how useless he felt not being able to go to work.   

• Love 3

Say what you want about Jamie O - she managed to push that huge baby out without the benefit of meds. He looked like a 3 month old baby!  Even though I love babies, every time the show switched to Jamie and Doug’s house all of the air got sucked out of the room.  I did, however, love seeing all of the other couples.  Shawniece and Jephte seem to have caught their stride and he has come a long way in expressing his feelings.  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Not even then. I am annoyed at Jamie and Doug because I find it completely tasteless that they chose to give lifetime the rights to something so momentous and personal. I am annoyed at Lifetime for including that much footage of the birth in the show.  I have birthed two children myself, and I am not a prude, but I have seen waaaay too much of Jamie’s naked body, and that whole thing was over the top uncomfortable to watch. They should have put a disclaimer before the episode it was so graphic. Frame after frame of almost naked Jamie writhing and screaming in the tub with her hoo-ha blurred is not what I want to see, and why she needs us to see it is a whole other discussion.....

The whole thing was too much , but what really put me over the edge was when they couldn’t get the baby to cry , and thought something was wrong with him and he wasn’t breathing , Doug picks up the camera to inform us about what’s going on !! Thats his first priority . These two really need to go away . 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, OnTime said:
19 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I am annoyed at Jamie and Doug because I find it completely tasteless that they chose to give lifetime the rights to something so momentous and personal. I am annoyed at Lifetime for including that much footage of the birth in the show.

Unless Lifetime get complaints, nothing will change. Sadly, Jamie and Doug don't stop short of much to make money.

I've always liked Jamie and Doug, and I don't fault Jamie for trying to make a buck.  It's just that I question her motives for the at home birth.  Being a trained medical professional and having to go through the schooling she had to in order to become a nurse, not to mention but I will that she's had several heartbreaking miscarriages, I can't wrap my head around the idea.  She's seen first hand what can happen when a home birth has unplanned problems and the patient has to get to the hospital right away.  I'm not putting down midwives, but you can't tell me that doctors and nurses don't look down on midwifery and try to talk patients out of it.  If nothing else, that's their livelihood that's being infringed on.  And yet Jamie stabs them in the back and goes home birth for what I can see as the only major reason....so she can control the situation and sell the event to Lifetime.  

Also, Jamie's moans took me back 41 years to the birth of my first child and how it felt to be in such intense labor.  I recognized those moans.....she was holding back how much pain she was actually in, and I will give her snaps for that.  However, for me, it brought back bad memories.  I thought Lifetime showed too much.  Doug was so busy trying to cover Jamie's private parts (has ANYBODY ever prepared for labor wearing a lacy bra and panties?) I don't know if he even held the baby right away. 

• Love 4

Man, I always feel like I have nothing to add to the convo on this show.

I don't give a damn about dogs or how much JamieO likes the camera.

I will say it's amazing how much I dislike having to look at constant close ups of Danielle. No bueno.

Out of all the couples, I'm always the most happy to see Anthony and Ashley make it 

People would literally talk about Anthony like he was a ogre that Ashley would only be with to get the baby she wanted and that was it. I never got it. Not everyone is super shallow and he's not ugly at all. He seems a fun, sweet guy. They balance each other out. 

I also feel like a lot of these people just function better with cameras not in their face all the time. Yes, they sign up for the cameras. That doesn't make it not stressful or more difficult. 

Minimal drama on this show. I'm cool with that.

• Love 3

I've decided to start watching the recorded version of this show so I can skip all the Jamie/Doug and Jamie/Beth bits since I find both couples to be off the charts of being annoying.

Enjoying getting to know the couples whose season I didn't watch--AJ/Stephanie and Keith/Kristine.  Hopefully AJ's new version of his company does take off as watching him deal with unemployment on the earlier episodes wasn't fun.

Austin's graduation party for Jess and Rex and then their brewery crawl was really cute.    And here's hoping Greg really is ready for a baby.

These last few months of being a health care worker have been brutal and I really feel for both Jess and Keith as they try to balance their work with a new marriage, taking care of a home, etc.    Hopefully they know that they aren't alone.   Every day when I go to work at my hospital,  I put on my mask and take care of myself and my coworkers.  

• Love 5

And yet Jamie stabs them in the back and goes home birth for what I can see as the only major reason....so she can control the situation and sell the event to Lifetime.

I don't really have an opinion on Jamie and Doug. I didn't watch their season and I don't really watch her on most of the other shows. I will say that she isn't the first or only person to opt for a home birth during the COVID pandemic. There was a lot of coverage in the media about people moving to home births instead of hospital births. I'm on a neighborhood COVID listserve and several expectant mothers have discussed this option as well. My OB/GYN friend tells me that moms who do give birth in hospitals are often choosing to leave early to minimize risk as well.

This is likely not what I'd choose if I were still in my aig-totin' days. It may not have been Jamie's primary or only reason for choosing home birth. But I do believe it was a factor and as a former labor and delivery nurse, she was in a better position to give it a shot than someone with no formal education on birthin babies.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/17/2020 at 6:40 PM, Elizzikra said:

Rex was signalling that he wanted to play. I'm not sure what JamieO was trying to tell us.

When I meet someone's dog I like to sit down so I'm at their level and sometimes I'll do that move by leaning forward and slapping my hands on the floor. Nine times out of 10 the dog will bark and get excited. I didn't even know until a couple of years ago that it's called The Bow and it's a signal that a dog wants to play. So no wonder it makes them happy to have a human speaking their language!

On 6/19/2020 at 12:21 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I have to for myself! I have slight rosacea, pallid skin, and very dark circles under and around my eyes that make them look sunken. I look ill and/or like I haven't slept for days, and I do not want people to see me like that. I've done the before and after pictures with makeup and friends are shocked at the difference. I don't feel confident or comfortable going anywhere without, at the very least, concealer and foundation, but that's not enough for photos (or if I was ever on video). I looked really washed out otherwise.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, JapMo said:

That's exactly what I thought during their original season....that he was just too high maintenance.  He had a quick temper and seemed to crave the spotlight and the center of attention whereas Stephanie's very laid back and private.  Whatever she did since their season seems to have worked.  AJ's calmed down a LOT.  He seems to realize he's got a good thing with her.  I could empathize when he talked about how useless he felt not being able to go to work.   

To me, a leopard does not change its stripes. AJ comes across like a manic man baby. You can tell a lot about a person by their reaction to small, unimportant things like a shower caddy.

We are seeing a small portion of what they record at home so his new calmness may be by design. They have stated that they need counseling but are waiting until they can physically go to an office rather than to it via video chat. Sorry, but if you need counseling less than 18 months into a marriage, you're not compatible. All the counseling will do is try to teach the other to force themselves to tolerate the other person's bad behavior. 

And okay, it's hard for him not to have work to do. Welcome to the lives of millions of people going through the same thing. Grow up and get over it. Take a course online, buy a guitar and learn to pluck out a few songs on YouTube. The possibilities are endless. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, configdotsys said:

And okay, it's hard for him not to have work to do. Welcome to the lives of millions of people going through the same thing. Grow up and get over it. Take a course online, buy a guitar and learn to pluck out a few songs on YouTube. The possibilities are endless. 

AJ is reminding me of some of my extraverted friends who have been going out of their minds with boredom since the pandemic began.  He is one of those people that was so into his work that without it he doesn't know what to do with himself, and being a big extrovert, he can't think of anything he likes to do at home, aside from occasional cleaning, LOL.  All of his preferences for passing time involve participating in some activity that involves other people.   Me, I never get bored at home (I'm an introvert).  I have so many projects and interests that don't require the company of other people or even setting foot outside that I can be happily occupied for days. 

One thing I have to give AJ credit for is "reinventing himself" after his staffing business went kaput because of the pandemic.  He is doing something my mother did decades ago - revamping people's resumes and helping them with interviewing skills.  I can see him being good at that and he certainly has the background to do it, plus it's something he can do remotely from home.  Not sure if he'd be able to make as much money doing that, though.

• Love 14

I'll also give props to AJ for his new career & feel confident he can handle reinventing himself again & again if needed.  The rooftop dinner thank you for Steph was great too. I hope they go the long haul together.

JamieO & Doug reached a new low fussing with a tripod to get the shots while the kid was struggling. When she introduced her baby there was more of her boobs in the shot than baby. That home birth was strictly for filming purposes since a hospital would've never allowed it. They're both fame Ho's to the extreme.

The Danielle/Bobby pee sticks were so overdone the eye rolling became painful for me... hope all goes well for them this time though.

• Love 3

Compared to her earlier seasons, Danielle is positively effusive these days.  I might even go so far as to say I might see a hint of personality there. And frankly, I find it kind of gratifying to see her finally working for it a little bit, as it had seemed like the entirety of her contribution to the relationship was being present and breathing previously.  Not sure if she's loosening up or if we're seeing her how she's always been without a production crew present, but I can kind of get a sense now as to why Bobby digs her so much.

And add me to the group not particularly bugged by Jamie O.  Personally, I find her long-running reign as MAFS' exclusive fame 'ho a rather impressive feat of entrepreneurship.  I mean, girl's gotta make a living, and guessing her tv gig is a lot easier work than 12 hour nursing shifts.  (For the record, not knocking her for transitioning to a less time-consuming, less intense career, as she did what she needed to do to take care of her siblings and now that she's past that phase of life, nothing wrong with choosing a more enjoyable path, IMHO).  A totally different story, however, is having a home birth, as home births are totally horrifying to me.  I can't imagine why any parent would look at all of their available options, and yet, not choose the safest one.  I've never had kids, but you better believe if I had, I would've pushed that baby out at a hospital, and a hospital with a Level 4 NICU, at that.

Loved Deonna's reaction when Greg said they should start trying for a baby next month.  I've always thought she's a cutie, and was so happy she was matched with such a great guy who had the patience she needed to warm up and feel comfortable being herself.

Actually, as I'm thinking about each of them as I'm writing this post, I can say I really like all of the couples who are still together - with the exception of Jamie and Elizabeth.  I literally physically cringe when they come on my tv, and have even caught myself holding my breath a couple times.  Seems they stress me out hardcore haha, but in all seriousness, I just don't think they're good together.  Elizabeth, in particular, always seems to be a slightly dimmer version of herself these days, which just feels sad to me - as I don't think it's the crazy bitch part of her that's faded, but the energy and ridiculous joy she had most of the time.  I must admit, however, she did provide me with two of the funniest MAFS moments ever - her "basic Caucasian sex" comment, of course, and the look on Dr. Vivianna's face when Elizabeth called her a bitch.  🤣🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

There is no way in hell I could be with someone like AJ.  I can’t stand men that have to be jollied along like petulant children and the inability to handle frustration we all have to deal with in life.  

I know they do a lot of traveling and I can  imagine all the emotional fires Stephanie has to put out when something goes wrong, like flight delays, an uncomfortable bed, etc. I’d rather take my chances traveling with a toddler. 

• Love 3