Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Couples Cam

• Start Topic

JOtis - I'm feeling SO inundated with their "unchartered territory" that I can't look away fast enuf when they come (eternally, it seems) on camera,

I really like SAFSteph/AJ and am happy he has found a way to  resurrect his career. They just seem so spontaneous in their interactions (for the most part - I actually laughed watching the 'staycation' on rerun) I have to believe the affection is genuine.

Strangely enough, Jamie/Beth of the office/guest room actually struck a chord this time - I may just come to believe they are really in it for the long haul. Beth, especially, seemed to give unconditional props to Jamie for sharing his 'office'.

JAustin made me smile the whole time they were on - as they always do. They are the real deal (along with a few others on this series) and I could take following them long-term. I loved that they included Rex in the 'graduation' ceremony.

KKristeith are  really hitting their groove. It always amazes me that amid all the BS, MAFS actually makes some pretty great matches. They definitely are.

Danielle/RickyBobby confuse me. I could have sworn that at least one episode ago Danielle said her 'aunt flow' was LATE....but this time, she said the day she was taking the test was the exact date she should have started....which is it? The use of at least 4 different pee tests reminded me of an episode of Don't Be Tardy (I confess, I do occasionally watch this ridiculousness - mainly 'cuz I can't believe such people REALLY exist, so I guess I need the reality check). I am still unsure of her PG status. But, RickyBobby did seem a bit more of his old self - just a tad less surly than previous episodes. I still like them. And after all the flack Danielle got for her eyebrows during their season, I can easily forgive the lack of any makeup....I am one who always wears certain eye cosmetics for my own ego so I can easily understand the same in others (which is NOT to be confused with full on glamour makeup aka JO).

I liked seeing Ashley/Anthony coping with her family business reopening....it reminds me that it must be as full of uncertainty for the business owner as it is for the customer. We enjoyed a visit to our favorite eatery 3 weeks ago and much appreciated their observance to distancing and safety rules...we plan to go back next week. This segment made me understand the concern for  the owners/employees as much as for the customers. So many places have opened only to have to  close again after a new outbreak.

Shawniece and Jepthe just seem to be getting better and better. I really liked the comments Jepthe made acknowledging that Shawniece's niche is to be an entrepeneur/business owner as what will be most fulfilling for her for her own sake as well as in her role within their family.

Deonna and Greg continue to grow on me. I appreciated her acknowledging to Greg that her baby-urge could be a bit much for him....just as I enjoyed her obvious (and private) delight at his change to thinking it might be a good thing to start trying for a baby. I think they are getting more in sync.

Geez, I really hope this is an open-ended series. I hate to have to wonder how many episodes are left! Maybe when the new MAFS starts on 7/15, but hopefully TPTB will realize they have a good thing going with Couples Cam. One can only hope.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Geez, I really hope this is an open-ended series. I hate to have to wonder how many episodes are left! Maybe when the new MAFS starts on 7/15, but hopefully TPTB will realize they have a good thing going with Couples Cam. One can only hope.

I’m also enjoying CC more than I had expected to.  It seems to improve each week as the couples become more comfortable with the format. I’ve been watching MAFS for several years, as well as catching up on all of the earlier seasons, and I think we find them so relatable because they’re ‘real people’, not reality stars like we see on so many other shows. I do have to agree with everyone about the JamieO footage ... I also FF’d through it. WAAAAYYY too much of everything. Poor baby got second billing to her boobs. 

• Love 2

I agree that Bobby seemed more relaxed this week.  I wonder if it's due to accepted the new pregnancy and all that it could bring.  I truly believe that he was hesitant due to the horrific scenario with the first birth and maybe did not want to be too enthusiastic which might seemingly influence Danielle to try again.  However, once she not only expressed that she did want to face the risks and then was pregnant it might be more of a "well, it's here so I'll just enjoy it" attitude that we're seeing.  I think Bobby really wants what is best for Danielle, and almost losing her may have really scared him.

• Love 5
On 6/26/2020 at 3:25 PM, becauseIsaidso said:

I really like SAFSteph/AJ and am happy he has found a way to  resurrect his career. They just seem so spontaneous in their interactions (for the most part - I actually laughed watching the 'staycation' on rerun) I have to believe the affection is genuine.

Yay! Glad to find someone besides myself who likes them. I don't find AJ awful at all. Blunt and extra, but I kind of love the way they interact. I don't think she "changed" him post filming. I just think he didn't like filming and was not afraid to say so, and on the other side, I also think she is better at voicing her feelings than the show portrayed. I think the show emphasized the worst of him on their season because, hello drama. I follow them on IG and out of all MAFS participants, they are honestly my favorites on social media.

• Love 8

Jessica & Austin were on MAFS' Instagram account live last night with Michelle Collins.  Some technical glitches like Austin not being close enough to the mic.   

Was glad to hear that due to COVID cases declining in the DC area, Jess has gone back to working in her regular unit in the hospital.  She seemed really happy about that, less hours and more free time.     And as we saw on the show, twin Jennifer was the one that pushed Jessica to apply as she was binge watching past seasons while on maternity leave and then found out DC was casting.  Neither Jess or Austin expected things to go so well an they both seemed very grateful.

Noticed that Rex loves being on camera.   Wishing them the best as they move into year 2.

• Love 5
On 6/26/2020 at 6:25 PM, becauseIsaidso said:

I liked seeing Ashley/Anthony coping with her family business reopening....

Shawniece and Jepthe just seem to be getting better and better. I really liked the comments Jepthe made acknowledging that Shawniece's niche is to be an entrepeneur/business owner as what will be most fulfilling for her for her own sake as well as in her role within their family.

Deonna and Greg continue to grow on me. I appreciated her acknowledging to Greg that her baby-urge could be a bit much for him....just as I enjoyed her obvious (and private) delight at his change to thinking it might be a good thing to start trying for a baby. I think they are getting more in sync.

Geez, I really hope this is an open-ended series. I hate to have to wonder how many episodes are left! 

Would have liked to see way more about how each couple was handling their employment situation during the pandemic.  I guess TPTB doesn't think that is interesting, but it sure would be to me.  I don't think they understand that we are invested in these people and want to see more about their lives, and it doesn't always have to be drama-based.

Continue to be stunned at how well Shawniece and Jepthe seem to be doing.  I really hope it's genuine.

Speaking of genuine...I love Greg and Deonna but I don't buy the whole baby thing at all.  I think they have been planning to have a child all along, and sort of scripted out what their plot line would be.  The 'final straw' for me was that if I were that concerned about my ailing mother, I would either have a friend/other family member look in on her, or have the police do a welfare check.  Waiting six hours (longer if traffic had been bad) makes no sense when a possible medical emergency is concerned.  So....unfortunately, I conclude that the whole thing about the trip was a pretense to have Greg have a reason to 'change his mind'.  That said, his smile looked very genuine when he expressed the desire/willingness to have them start trying in the next few months.  BTW, Deonna should always wear that orange color...it looked fantastic on her!

I would LOVE for them to continue this as an open-ended series.  It's so very nice to peek in at some happy couples and to know that 9 success stories have come from this sometimes-sh*tstorm of a show!

• Love 8
On 7/2/2020 at 6:42 AM, becauseIsaidso said:

OH NO!!!!!

No Couples Cam fix last night!!!!!!!!

Unbearable Cruelty!

I hear you but I figured it would be ending soon because the new season of MAFS is going to start.

On 7/2/2020 at 5:35 PM, LuvMyShows said:

Would have liked to see way more about how each couple was handling their employment situation during the pandemic.  I guess TPTB doesn't think that is interesting, but it sure would be to me.  I don't think they understand that we are invested in these people and want to see more about their lives, and it doesn't always have to be drama-based.

Yeah, I agree.  They spent a lot of time staging frivolous fake stuff just to film for the cameras rather than focusing on real stuff, which I agree would be far more interesting to the audience especially during a pandemic.  That's enough drama right there, plus the viewers can relate to it.

• Love 3
On 7/2/2020 at 5:35 PM, LuvMyShows said:

Continue to be stunned at how well Shawniece and Jepthe seem to be doing.  I really hope it's genuine.

I'm willing to put the weird hat on but I just don't get how a married couple who have decided not to wear their wedding rings is doing well. He cheated with multiple women not long after they married and never seemed particularly remorseful about it. Frankly, he never seemed interested in her from the get go. So what does she do? She decides to have a kid with him. Just not seeing a lot of good there.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I'm willing to put the weird hat on but I just don't get how a married couple who have decided not to wear their wedding rings is doing well. He cheated with multiple women not long after they married and never seemed particularly remorseful about it. Frankly, he never seemed interested in her from the get go. So what does she do? She decides to have a kid with him. Just not seeing a lot of good there.

Perhaps I am misremembering, but didn't the cheating happen after she was already pregnant? I don't think he cheated first, and then she decided to stay with him and have a kid. I think the baby was an unplanned surprise, then he cheated. Still not great, but this doesn't have anything to do with anything Shawniece did. That's all him.

I am glad they were able to work past that and stay together. They seem happy together and they do have an adorable kid. I really hope they work out.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Perhaps I am misremembering, but didn't the cheating happen after she was already pregnant? I don't think he cheated first, and then she decided to stay with him and have a kid. I think the baby was an unplanned surprise, then he cheated. Still not great, but this doesn't have anything to do with anything Shawniece did. That's all him.

I am glad they were able to work past that and stay together. They seem happy together and they do have an adorable kid. I really hope they work out.

I think the rings don't necessarily have to mean anything. My father never cheated on my mother - was devoted to her, in fact - and he never wore his wedding ring. My mom didn't care but did wear hers. I never take mine off but if my husband didn't want to wear one, it really wouldn't matter to me. I didn't watch Shawniece and Jepthe's season and I don't have an opinion on their relationship but I'm not reading much into wearing rings or not.

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I think it might surprise some people how common it is for men to cheat on their pregnant wives.  Theories abound as to why, but they all agree that it doesn't mean they're not invested in the relationship.  Very happily married men do it too.  It's more about them not feeling as "special" or the center of attention when their wives are pregnant that leads them to stray.  This is not my way of justifying this behavior, just an attempt to understand it.  I've read a lot of opinions assuming that Jephte's cheating was a sign that he wasn't into Shawneice, but I've read in several articles written by psychologists that it's actually usually just the opposite and the cheating husband is very into his wife.  Interesting.

13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think the rings don't necessarily have to mean anything. My father never cheated on my mother - was devoted to her, in fact - and he never wore his wedding ring. My mom didn't care but did wear hers. I never take mine off but if my husband didn't want to wear one, it really wouldn't matter to me. I didn't watch Shawniece and Jepthe's season and I don't have an opinion on their relationship but I'm not reading much into wearing rings or not.

Same with my parents.  Neither my husband nor I wear our rings and haven't for years.  Let's just say our fingers have gotten bigger over the years.  We had them re-sized once about 20 years ago when we realized we hadn't worn them in years, but after about 5-10 years we would have needed them re-sized AGAIN, so we just gave it up.  I'm not reading anything into them not wearing their rings either.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 3

I'm not concerned about their rings, although sometimes it is a symbol for some people, & symbolic to take it off. However, I do believe in 'once a cheater, always a cheater' - for the most part. It's a huge character flaw, & I don't respect or like people who do that, whether they claim to love their wives (or husbands) or not, actions speak louder & those actions are not indicative of loving someone (except themselves for sure, selfish assholes). I also feel Shawniece has lost a lot of her original spark. I know motherhood is tiring but it might be more than that. I don't trust Jephte & never will, but she's young so if this is not good for her hopefully she can move on & bounce back. She also seems to have a lot of family support right there for her which is good too, & was able to use the show to plug her new business. I hope things go well for her & Laura (& that she doesn't have any more kids with Jephte!).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm not concerned about their rings, although sometimes it is a symbol for some people, & symbolic to take it off. However, I do believe in 'once a cheater, always a cheater' - for the most part. It's a huge character flaw, & I don't respect or like people who do that, whether they claim to love their wives (or husbands) or not, actions speak louder & those actions are not indicative of loving someone (except themselves for sure, selfish assholes). I also feel Shawniece has lost a lot of her original spark. I know motherhood is tiring but it might be more than that. I don't trust Jephte & never will, but she's young so if this is not good for her hopefully she can move on & bounce back. She also seems to have a lot of family support right there for her which is good too, & was able to use the show to plug her new business. I hope things go well for her & Laura (& that she doesn't have any more kids with Jephte!).

I'm with you. It's one thing if you are not a jewelry person or have a job for which wearing a ring is an issue (mechanic and that kind of thing), but for a guy who started out wearing his wedding ring and then after cheating with multiple women decides to remove it, that's a huge red flag. His excuse-- said with a straight face--  is that he took it off because he only wants to put it back on when he gets down on one knee and proposes on his own to Shawniece, is just laughable. When an interviewer said to him that he was happy now with a kid and everything was going well what are you waiting for, he laughed it off and then said something about needing a lot of money. It sounded like total horse shit. 

I can see a seven year itch, or a long term marriage having a cheating situation in which the couple try to fix it in counseling but someone who just got married and can't even keep it together for a year or two before they're out cheating multiple times, and then decides to not wear their wedding ring anymore is sending a pretty clear message to their spouse. 

• Love 3

YAY!!!!! They're coming back!!!!

For once I was so glad I was so bored that I actually watched the JO hosting MAFS Highlights - highlighting her whenever possible, of course - and got to see the announcement - twice. 7/23 is on my calendar.

(edited)

AJ soooo lucked out with Stephanie! He found the one woman who gets him, laughs with him, and simply loves him for all he is!

Haha, Kristine the Card Shark! 

Sir Greg of the Double Ovens makes breakfast with French toast?! AND plans more for Deonna's birthday? Keeper!

Ricky Bobby seemed a tad not euphoric about more time with wifey.

Jessica didn't understand. Austin was trying to tell her that he wishes he could feel and be useful re: her work. Surely she could have thought of something besides preparing dinner. That said, major props to her (and her colleagues). 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3

Bobby is no longer the lovey dovey Ricky Bobby and the Rickey needs to be re-earned.

He is too snippy and ill tempered in quarantine so back to Bobby.

He called Olivia "Big Head" and that stuck in my craw...don't do that to a baby...

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Why were we two couples short this episode? 

At the very beginning they said that Deonna/Gregg and Jessica/Austin couldn’t make it that week. No other explanation but the preview for next week does show Deonna/Gregg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think they are going to be "rotating" through the couples this time, like they did with Couples Couch. 

Maybe all of them won't be there each week. It was weird to say "Deonna/Gregg and Jessica/Austin can't make it".

Are we to believe they can't schedule the two minute Zoom call to include all of them?

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, OnTime said:

I think they are going to be "rotating" through the couples this time, like they did with Couples Couch. 

Maybe all of them won't be there each week. It was weird to say "Deonna/Gregg and Jessica/Austin can't make it".

Are we to believe they can't schedule the two minute Zoom call to include all of them?

I do think it’s better to do less people. It was too much with the 9 of them in an hour

• Love 1

Glad someone clarified about Jaustin and Greonna not being there this time....for a while there I thought I had been napping at just the wrong times.

I found Jepthe and Shawniece's comments about the kind of 'talk' they will need to have with Laura as she grows up very touching and sad...and necessary as long as racism runs rampant.

KKeith, SAFStef/AJ (really liked that he's managed to retool his career - good on him), Beth/Jamie were more like quickie fillers this time - and I'll have to catch this one again 'cuz I just can't recall Ashthony's bit.

Did not much care for the announcement that J/D have been cleared to resume sex. Wouldn't put it past her to be going full bore for #3 now that Danielle is on her own 2nd pregnancy. Surprised she didn't make a comment or 20 about how much beer is OK for nursing moms...I've heard of this, but find it hard to believe she passed up an opportunity to demonstrate what a supermom she is. Didn't much care for the shot of her nursing interjected during one of the new MAFS season episodes.

Dare I hope jamieO will ever be rotated out?

Oh, wait....

...not by the hair on her chinny chin chin

But I'm still really glad this is back. Wonder if they will add couples from new seasons and have some of these originals drop out to keep things fresh.

• Love 2

I liked the segments tonight, but to be clear I always fast-forward Jamie and Doug.  I think Bobby is starting to relax a bit about the pregnancy but he seems cautious due to the emergency last time.

Jepthe made me laugh with "the puppies are essential workers."  However, I certainly hope that Keiki and the puppies all get neutered/spayed.  It was very interesting that both Shawniece and Jepthe think Laura isn't well socialized.

AJ "gets" Stephanie.  They were cut together during her birthday surprise.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Oh, and there was a Henry sighting in this episode, so he is still with us (lots of puppy love this episode...).

We saw a rear, bird's eye view of Henry not a snout front of my fave MAFS pooch....better than nothing, I guess.

8 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Dare I hope jamieO will ever be rotated out?

TLC will need a taser to stun her and remove her from the studio and her host job.

She and Doug are addicted to the TLC paychecks.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Wow. I never watch this show but my DVR recorded what looks like a half dozen episodes so I watched the most recent one. Bobby looks like a completely different person. He has totally let himself go. He looked chubby, doughy and cranky. If it was Danielle who let herself go, she'd be told she needs to fix that right now lest hubs won't be attracted to her and if he's not, it's all her fault.

7 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Thank you for confirmation of how much Bobby has changed.
2020 Bobby is pissy and all of it can’t be blamed on the quarantine.

I was not a fan of his from the start but he was a nice good looking guy. I was turned off because no one is going to sit my professional working adult self down and lecture me about my spending habits and decide that since you still have the first dollar you ever made that that makes you superior. There are ways to discuss finances, and criticizing the other person is not one of them. Their discussion sounded like a parent scolding a child. What a turnoff.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Oh, and there was a Henry sighting in this episode, so he is still with us (lots of puppy love this episode...).

Sadly Henry passed away.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCDmmetAG-u/

• Love 1
(edited)

Seems like Danielle & Bobby have both settled in together - she has a much more natural look & he's looking... comfortable. I don't think either look like a mess; just like a comfortable married couple. I can't imagine going through the stress they have had in such a short time. A TV show to first meet & marry, filming, pregnancy & a traumatic birth. He also became the sole breadwinner, although they do have some more filming I'm sure helps. It could be her age, even though not old, is pushing them to have another baby rather quickly, but, having been through something like that it's not without worry. That in itself can make someone snarly, so if it's stress hopefully he has healthy outlets. I also don't believe anyone is ever as perfect as Bobby seemed to be during his season (not even Greg). The show has a narrative & they stick with it, so they made him what they wanted, but he's just human.

RIP Henry.😥

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Wow. I never watch this show but my DVR recorded what looks like a half dozen episodes so I watched the most recent one. Bobby looks like a completely different person. He has totally let himself go. He looked chubby, doughy and cranky. If it was Danielle who let herself go, she'd be told she needs to fix that right now lest hubs won't be attracted to her and if he's not, it's all her fault.

I mean I think Danielle looks skeletal and bad without makeup , but I don’t see anything about that on this board . 

Bobby looks the same to me as he did , but I agree he seems moodier . 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I liked the segments tonight, but to be clear I always fast-forward Jamie and Doug.  I think Bobby is starting to relax a bit about the pregnancy but he seems cautious due to the emergency last time.

Jepthe made me laugh with "the puppies are essential workers."  However, I certainly hope that Keiki and the puppies all get neutered/spayed.  It was very interesting that both Shawniece and Jepthe think Laura isn't well socialized.

AJ "gets" Stephanie.  They were cut together during her birthday surprise.

Stephanie seems like such a fun person to hang out with . I don’t picture her to be dramatic or gossipy , just an upbeat , positive person. 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Stephanie seems like such a fun person to hang out with . I don’t picture her to be dramatic or gossipy , just an upbeat , positive person. 

She does seem like fun - down-to- earth and go with the flow. I’d hang out with her!

• Love 3

My favorite MAFS moment was when Henry broke into a run/trot the first time he went to Bobby's back yard.

Henry melted a tiny spot in my cold dark cynical sarcastic heart.

No one deserves a MAFS tribute segment more than Mr. Henry.

• Love 6

Honestly, Danielle is a cold fish and I’m wouldn’t be surprised Bobby is not as enamored with her now the newness of having a woman in his bed has worn off. He probably has had to push back with her demanding behavior. I’ve never been a fan. Not that I thought Bobby should be put on a pedestal. 
Seems like the worst time to add to the family. 
I could totally hang out with Stephanie and Shawniece. Danielle looks and acts like a boring old lady and I’m a lot older than her. 

• Love 2

At first, I thought Danielle might have gotten the "self centered" edit but now I'm convinced that didn't happen.

She asked on Instagram for what items were needed for a second baby. Next, she makes her second baby registry "public" just so people could look at it to get ideas!  Strangers start sending her stuff (who would do that?) but she got ALOT of gifts and started doing product reviews as she is showing off the gifts.

She says she got some nasty messages about not making the registry "private" and says she is keeping it "public" and was a bit snippy about it.

To save face, she makes another registry for foster babies for people to donate, but I'll bet she hasn't donated to it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

The best MAFS segment ever of all the versions of the show was Shawniece and Jephte talking about the BLM march and what that means to their family.  So real and heartbreaking.

Keith and Kristine are adorable.  They still seem smitten with each other and it is nice to see.

I’m not a baby fan, but love Ashley and Anthony’s girl.  Such a cute little spitfire 🙂  

• Love 8
On 7/24/2020 at 12:35 PM, seacliffsal said:

However, I certainly hope that Keiki and the puppies all get neutered/spayed. 

I was really appalled when I saw the puppies (and I LOVE puppies) that they had not had Koko spayed.  I never had my female dog spayed and she never had puppies, but she did later get some pretty bad breast cancer and when I read sometimes that is the cause, I felt very badly.  and I didn't even get to play with puppies.  Hope they get that taken care of soon and find good homes for the pups.  

• Love 2
On 7/26/2020 at 7:49 PM, Booger666 said:

The best MAFS segment ever of all the versions of the show was Shawniece and Jephte talking about the BLM march and what that means to their family.  So real and heartbreaking.

I agree, that was a fantastic segment.  They were talking seriously about what BLM means to their family.   I was glad they told the truth, that as a black man Jephte has to watch himself, and they hope it won't be like that when their daughter grows up, that they won't have to have "the talk" with her.  

On 7/25/2020 at 3:03 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Seems like the worst time to add to the family. 

If people waited for "a good time" to have kids many of us wouldn't be here. LOL.

• Love 12

Ricky Bobby is starting to come back.  Much more relaxed in this episode.  I think his bad mood was related to Danielle getting pregnant again (due to the complications from her first pregnancy) and as the pregnancy is progressing, he is relaxing a bit more.  He was in good humor talking about how he looks like a taco with the weight he has gained.

Happy for Antony and Ashley expecting another baby.  I had wondered during this season if she was pregnant.  Their daughter is very cute and they seem like a happy family.

I'm glad that Jessica is able to cut back some of her hours and have fun with Austin.  Their dog seems to be settling in and just loves them. 

• Love 5
On 7/26/2020 at 6:49 PM, Booger666 said:

Keith and Kristine are adorable.  They still seem smitten with each other and it is nice to see.

I’m not a baby fan, but love Ashley and Anthony’s girl.  Such a cute little spitfire 🙂  

This may come out wrong and I surely mean no disrespect.  I was surprised when they talked about Jephte taking part in the BLM march.

You see I never saw color when I think about and watch them.  I had to take another look!

I really like  both of them and their darling daughter.

18 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

He was in good humor talking about how he looks like a taco with the weight he has gained.

I was surprised when Danielle and Bobby were in the car and talking about how she was craving Mexican food, and they were going to Taco Bell (or at least the order sounded like Taco Bell).  And then for breakfast burritos I'm pretty sure they went to Sonic. 

Egad.  They're in Texas

And this is coming from someone who's not a fast food snob at all, but if you're going to drag yourself out in the car anyway, pick up something good.  Or at least don't say you're craving Mexican food on your way to Taco Bell--say you're craving Taco Bell.  It's not the same thing.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Ricky Bobby is starting to come back.  Much more relaxed in this episode.  I think his bad mood was related to Danielle getting pregnant again (due to the complications from her first pregnancy) and as the pregnancy is progressing, he is relaxing a bit more.  He was in good humor talking about how he looks like a taco with the weight he has gained.

Happy for Antony and Ashley expecting another baby.  I had wondered during this season if she was pregnant.  Their daughter is very cute and they seem like a happy family.

I'm glad that Jessica is able to cut back some of her hours and have fun with Austin.  Their dog seems to be settling in and just loves them. 

I never understood this whole Bobby thing in the first place. People are complex beings. They don't act the same way every time you see them. Sometimes he was joking around, sometimes he was more serious through this whole thing. Such is life.

19 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

This may come out wrong and I surely mean no disrespect.  I was surprised when they talked about Jephte taking part in the BLM march.

You see I never saw color when I think about and watch them.  I had to take another look!

I really like  both of them and their darling daughter.

Nothing you are saying is offensive but they are black people. I see black people on screen. I don't care about race. I always see it. I think anyone who has a problem with a phrase like I don't see race is because that doesn't feel real to them. 

But, the black lives matter movement has been such a big part of this year. I'm glad they touched on it. It's hitting a lot of people in different ways.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I was surprised when Danielle and Bobby were in the car and talking about how she was craving Mexican food, and they were going to Taco Bell (or at least the order sounded like Taco Bell).  And then for breakfast burritos I'm pretty sure they went to Sonic. 

Egad.  They're in Texas

And this is coming from someone who's not a fast food snob at all, but if you're going to drag yourself out in the car anyway, pick up something good.  Or at least don't say you're craving Mexican food on your way to Taco Bell--say you're craving Taco Bell.  It's not the same thing.

I live in NYC where you can get every authentic food you can dream of. We hired a guy from New Hampshire about a year ago and he was astonished to hear two colleagues talking about how they can't wait to try some new fast food limited edition item. He said the only option he had where he lived in NH was fast food and could not for the life of him, understand why with all the authentic options here, why someone would choose fast food. We're used to having options and despite all the authentic choices, sometimes you just feel like having Sonic or Taco Bell or Burger King. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Love 5

Damn...as much as I love Jaustin, SAFSteph/AJ, and KKeith, it's Jepthe and Shawniece who just seem to hit it out of the park every time! I never would have imagined a discussion over breakfast cereal could turn into a profound discussion about men/women/husbands/wives/father's/mother's places individually and together in the the lives they are working their ways through. More power to them.

No surprise to Asthony and the new babe on the way - and I'm very glad for them -  I've been thinking that would happen since the resumption of this season of Couple's Cam. They, plus Danielle and RickyBobby are a pleasant bit of relief from the harsher stuff going on out there.  Jamie/Beth need to find something uniquely 'them' to keep me interested - and I really like them!

I am happy that Jaustin have a bit of a reprieve from the harsh realities of Covid - hope they don't have to face a 2nd surge, this thing is devastating!

PLEASE!!!!! LESS JOTIS!!!! PLEASE!!!!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, configdotsys said:

We're used to having options and despite all the authentic choices, sometimes you just feel like having Sonic or Taco Bell or Burger King. Nothing wrong with that. 

Sure, but if someone says she's craving Mexican food, I wouldn't suggest Taco Bell.  If someone says she's craving Taco Bell, then I get it.

• Love 1

We're used to having options and despite all the authentic choices, sometimes you just feel like having Sonic or Taco Bell or Burger King. Nothing wrong with that. 

I LOVE Sonic but we don't have one near me so I'm all about it when one is nearby!

• Love 1

I'm an intelligent, educated person and I'm shocked and ashamed at how invested I've become in some of these people. 

S&J:  It both breaks and warms my heart to see just how HARD Jephte and Shawniece seem to have to work at their marriage.  I don't know if they would have stayed together had it not been for the baby.  Shawniece is all over the place and Jephte is so reserved that often I don't think even HE knows what he's feeling.  They balance each other so well, but the conversations they have are clearly so difficult.  I admire them so much for doing this tough work.  My late husband simply could not communicate like that, and I think we both stuffed down a lot of feelings and resentment at times; I know I did.  So I am rooting for them to continue to do this and to continue to grow and deepen as a couple.  They are both good people and I want them to succeed.

JAustin:  The haunted house thing was dumb.  Just drama, I think, because they have so little drama otherwise.

A&A:  They are perfect together.  And Mila is absolutely precious.  Love this little family.

Danielle and Ricky Bobby:  I have to admit that the hug at the end when Danielle revealed that baby-to-be is a boy tugged at my heartstrings.  I never wanted children, and never felt I missed having them, but that little young-family-tableau gave me pangs of regret that I don't usually have.  I keep looking at Danielle's hairline; something I do because I have some androgenic alopecia and I notice hair loss in women:  It seems to me that her hairline is WAY up on her head and the sides look thin.  Does anyone know if she has hair loss problems?

I just want Jamie Otis to go away already.

• Love 2

I'm an intelligent, educated person and I'm shocked and ashamed at how invested I've become in some of these people. 

I feel ya' boo. I have to keep reminding myself that I don't actually know them.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I just want Jamie Otis to go away already.

Not even in the episode and she still can't catch a break.

I realize that don't really have any interest in following a lot of these couples long term.

It says a lot when you have all these couples and I'm fast forwarding through most of them. Especially Austin/Jessica and Jamie/Beth. The former will always be pleasant but boring and I don't like animals. The latter has just been treating covid like a vacation. Moving and traveling almost every week. This isn't really quarantine for them and they are boring.

• Love 2