Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Couples Cam

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I agree that Eric is an ass - I just don't think that his desire to have children sooner rather than later (and I think Virginia isn't really sure she wants them at all) is one of the proof points for that. He wants kids - he's allowed to want that just like Virginia is allowed to want them later or not at all. He could meet someone, date for six or 8 months, get married and be a father 40 weeks later. You never know. But if he knows he wants kids and Virginia isn't sure when, if ever, that's a valid reason to break up, not a character flaw.

Right. Just because he COULD have kids at 50 doesn’t mean he wants to, and that’s fine. I think they are incompatible for a host of reasons and never should have been matched in the first place. Even if kids now/kids later were the only incompatibility, it’s a completely sensible reason to split. 

• Love 3
On 10/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, Elizzikra said:

A man can have kids at any age, but not everyone wants to be the father of an elementary school kid in his 50's or later. I can see Eric wanting to have kids while he is still "young" and have them out of college, or at least high school, before he retires.

Yes, he said that in their season that he didn't want to be an old dad. I also think Virginia's hard partying and passing out on her male best friends sofa's was a major problem between them. She's just not ready to settle down and he is. I have no idea why she thought she wanted to be on a show about getting married. Bad match. Great job, experts.

• Love 3
On 5/24/2020 at 7:49 PM, Racj82 said:

I would never follow these people or any people on social media so if they overshare or have to much presence anywhere else, I never know. One of the reasons why attention seekers are nothing to me. Easy to ignore. Props to JamieO for finally getting some level of Fame I guess. She really wanted it.

I don't care for Jamie and Beth. She is just too much. I think I have the right couple's names.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Yes, he said that in their season that he didn't want to be an old dad. I also think Virginia's hard partying and passing out on her male best friends sofa's was a major problem between them. She's just not ready to settle down and he is. I have no idea why she thought she wanted to be on a show about getting married. Bad match. Great job, experts.

I have news for Eric.  Even if he married again RIGHT NOW he is going to end up being an "old Dad".  He's already 35 and by the time he gets all that accomplished plus the time involved to get pregnant then the 9 months of pregnancy he's likely to be 37 or 38 at BEST, more likely 39.  At the rate he's going he's probably just going to marry the first pretty girl that comes along who wants to have kids immediately just for that reason.  And that's not likely to work very well either.  And what if they don't conceive right away?  Is he going to divorce her if she somehow doesn't get pregnant in time for him?  I am sorry but that would be selfish and ridiculous.  A woman is not just a vessel for a guy's kids any more than a man is a sperm donor for a woman's kids.  Anyone that can say, "I'm sorry I love you but having kids RIGHT NOW is more important to me than you are" is an asshole.  He's already shown himself not to have the best judgment.  I just worry about his children. 

• Love 1

I love Deonna and Greg. And now Declan and that beautiful dog whose name I can't remember. Declan with his little mittens were the best things about last night's episode. 

Even if he married again RIGHT NOW he is going to end up being an "old Dad".

There's old and then there is OLD. Eric will be an older dad but I can still understand him not wanting to put it off forever. I worry about his children too, mostly because I think he's an old, assy, homophobic jerk but I don't worry about them because he wants to have them before he's too old to play with them (and perhaps not want his children to start out pickled in Virginia's boozy uterus). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I could care less where Jamie and Beth want to move to now. She needs to get a life and I can't believe he puts up with her spoiled ass. 

All is forgiven with Keith and Kristine. I hope he learned his lesson because next time I don't think a couple of adorable kitties are going to solve the problem of his decision making when he knows his wife wasn't on the same page. 

We watch Bobby and Danielle fret over their daughters sleeping arrangement. Will she or won't she sleep in their bed. Ohhh, the suspense. 

We watch Anthony grow attached to the dog he didn't want to babysit. 

We watch Deonna have fun with her girl time while Greg is a dad.

Jamie and Doug head back to NJ. They miss his family. His family, not hers. Because we know her family sucks. 

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous shows on TV that I continue to watch religiously and can't break free from. 😝

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I can't break free either bichonblitz! 🤣                                                                            Wouldn't it be interesting to see Eric's first wife and Virginia have a chat? 

And Elizabeth, please move somewhere off my TV. You are NOT the next big thing you pathetic fame whore. Jamie,for all of our sakes, stop enabling her.

• Love 2

And Elizabeth, please move somewhere off my TV. You are NOT the next big thing you pathetic fame whore. Jamie,for all of our sakes, stop enabling her.

I wish she would stop coloring her hair such a bright red. I thought it looked much nicer in the Seattle clips, when it was a more natural strawberry blond. In next week's previews it's back to BRIGHT RED.

2 hours ago, DocTerv said:

IAnd Elizabeth, please move somewhere off my TV. You are NOT the next big thing you pathetic fame whore. Jamie,for all of our sakes, stop enabling her.

Why are they on again next week? Isn't that three weeks in a row?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Anyone that can say, "I'm sorry I love you but having kids RIGHT NOW is more important to me than you are" is an asshole.  

I don't recall him saying that....when was that?

On 10/7/2021 at 1:44 PM, Elizzikra said:

I wish she would stop coloring her hair such a bright red. I thought it looked much nicer in the Seattle clips, when it was a more natural strawberry blond. In next week's previews it's back to BRIGHT RED.

Totally agree.

39 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I don't recall him saying that....when was that?

He is in effect saying that to her in not those exact words.  He tells her he loves her but then wants a divorce because she's not ready to have kids.  It's pretty clear to me what that means.

From what we saw, I'm pretty disappointed in Greg and Bobby.  Greg said that was the first overnight that he's had by himself with Declan.  IIRC both he and Deonna work full-time, so there's no reason he shouldn't be doing waayy more overnights with Declan.  As for Bobby, Danielle is a SAHM, so maybe he could stick around to finish out bedtime and be the one to read to his daughter, rather than leaving it to Danielle to finish.  It's possible that he left because the baby needed attending to, but I kinda doubt it.  And he wants lots more kids...for Danielle to take care of.  Danielle does not seem to be up for that...hope she puts her foot down if that's really how she feels.

On 10/7/2021 at 1:11 PM, bichonblitz said:

All is forgiven with Keith and Kristine. I hope he learned his lesson because next time I don't think a couple of adorable kitties are going to solve the problem of his decision making when he knows his wife wasn't on the same page. 

Still think the whole thing was fake, and they had both agreed to get the RV.  It just doesn't seem like Keith to have done that, and it really seemed like bad acting every time the subject came up.

• Love 2
On 10/4/2021 at 7:21 AM, Retired at last said:

It could be that perhaps she continued her drinking to the point where he didn't think she could ever be pregnant safely.

I noticed that from DD day forward, after they agreed to stay together, production made sure to NEVER (at least never that I recall) show Virginia with a drink in her hand (I don't recall her ever holding a glass/cup.....please correct me if I'm wrong).

My guess is that a decision was made not to dwell on her obvious pathology (alcohol dependence) and, instead, stick with the issue of having children (or not having them or waiting to have them),

In that way, Virginia could emerge from the train wreck of a "marriage" without the stigma of having a problem with alcohol. 

As I recall, she was among the least financially viable participants in the show that season so maybe this strategy allowed them to cash in (Erik didn't need the $$ but she probably did) on the Couples Cam episodes and possible give her some leads into obtaining suitable employment after the cameras faded to black.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I really enjoyed this week's episode. I found AJ and Steph to be very cute about the bike. And I liked Jamie and Beth's trip to Colorado and discussion about where to live next. In fact, all of the couples were great. 

Sometimes it's just nice to see them enjoying life, or going through things we all do.  

• Love 3
On 10/8/2021 at 9:56 PM, LuvMyShows said:

From what we saw, I'm pretty disappointed in Greg and Bobby.  Greg said that was the first overnight that he's had by himself with Declan.

I think Greg meant it was the first solo overnight. In previous eps they showed them splitting nighttime duty and both of them being very involved with Declan’s care.  He is such an adorable baby.  

I don’t like Bobby for many reasons, but am skeptical if the “more babies” isn’t a manufactured story line. He previously expressed concern about her difficult pregnancies and seems to understand the severity.  They don’t show his work, their families, trips, etc. so maybe they feel the need to creat a little drama.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I really enjoyed this week's episode. I found AJ and Steph to be very cute about the bike. And I liked Jamie and Beth's trip to Colorado and discussion about where to live next. In fact, all of the couples were great. 

Sometimes it's just nice to see them enjoying life, or going through things we all do.  

I liked it too.

I feel so badly for my girl Jessica. Those "unit nurse manager" jobs suck. They are usually salaried instead of hourly so even though she has to stay and take care of patients outside her regular shift, she's not making overtime. Even under the best of circumstances, those jobs are awful. I hope she has her baby and finds some other way to continue in nursing practice that isn't so draining. The world needs more good nurse, but damn - we certainly use them up and throw them away to easily.

• Love 6

What I really liked was when Karen got home to Miles. They didn't put on a showy kissy exhibition for the camera, Miles just held on so tightly to Karen and then gently kissed her on her forehead. It was so genuine compared to most of the other couples.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I liked it too.

I feel so badly for my girl Jessica. Those "unit nurse manager" jobs suck. They are usually salaried instead of hourly so even though she has to stay and take care of patients outside her regular shift, she's not making overtime. Even under the best of circumstances, those jobs are awful. I hope she has her baby and finds some other way to continue in nursing practice that isn't so draining. The world needs more good nurse, but damn - we certainly use them up and throw them away to easily.

I hope she takes a long maternity leave, I am in Canada, here most working people can take a years mat leave and do with reduced pay from employment insurance, she really needs a break!

LOL I was shocked how many booze bottles were on the counter at AJ &  Steph's but maybe they just haven't found a spot to store it all yet, but well stocked regardless! Cheers!

4 hours ago, endure said:

I hope she takes a long maternity leave, I am in Canada, here most working people can take a years mat leave and do with reduced pay from employment insurance, she really needs a break!

LOL I was shocked how many booze bottles were on the counter at AJ &  Steph's but maybe they just haven't found a spot to store it all yet, but well stocked regardless! Cheers!

Typically here maternity leave is 12 weeks. That is how long your employer (based on size and her hospital would be a large enough employer to qualify) has to hold your job (or an equivalent one) for your return. As far as being paid, she would have to burn through her sick and vacation leave first. Then if she has short term disability, that would pay the remainder. If she doesn't have that, the remainder of her time off is unpaid; so many people take less than 12 weeks. 

I don't remember Bobby ever saying he wants "lots" of kids. He knows pregnancy is very risky for Danielle and seems to be happy with the two kids. He really wanted a boy and got a boy this last time. 

Jepthe is the one that wants 4 or more kids and Shawniece is not on board with that. For now. 

• Love 1

So Bobby was acting the fool this episode.  He wants another baby after what Danielle went through?  How come Danielle didn't go in Bobbys parents house to get the kids?  Low budget?  No parents allowed?

What are Jessica and what's his name going to do about the dog?  They sure do love him but he is a jumpy pup!

Armani's been in therapy for a while for her marriage.  I thought they were good.

That little Laura is smart as a whip and only three!  Wow.

Ye gods - I thought putting together a toddler bed was boring, but a road trip to Omaha?! OMAHA. And the thunderstorm they drove through was nowhere near a tornado - gimme a break. Bobby & Danielle are the most boring couple, vying with Jamie & Doug for the honor.

Laura is adorable. 

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 2

What are Jessica and what's his name going to do about the dog?  They sure do love him but he is a jumpy pup!

Well - they sent him to a two week, board and train. I think Rex will be fine. He's too interested in the doll because it's a toy but I think he will be ok with an actual baby if they supervise carefully (which they will).

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ChiMama said:

Ye gods - I thought putting together a toddler bed was boring, but a road trip to Omaha?! OMAHA.

For the love of god, will someone please explain to me why they drove 12 HOURS to go to OMAHA?  I'm serious.  They weren't staying at a glamorous destination resort, so it wasn't that.  If they were visiting specific people who happen to live there, you'd think that would have been mentioned.  I just envision that it's because Bobby thought it would be a good place to go, so therefore they have to spend the equivalent of a full day of their rare time to themselves, in the car.  He can f*ck himself.  Basically all we ever see is her doing all the parenting, all the time.  I will lose my mind if the previews are correct and he actually wants her to endanger her life to pop out another potential Dodd legacy spawn, that she will end up doing the lion's share of caring for.  Plus sometimes the way he looks just triggers me!

• Love 2
On 10/22/2021 at 7:37 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Armani's been in therapy for a while for her marriage.  I thought they were good.

They might be. Still at the time of taping Amani was married to a guy she met 18 months ago. A guy who lived with his grandmother. Also, a bunch of their relationship occurred and was filmed during a pandemic. Going to therapy before things get bad can be a good thing, too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

The impression I got was that Amani is in therapy and is working on her goals, one of which is having a successful marriage.  For that goal it makes sense her therapist is having them discuss marriage goals, communication styles, etc.  I didn’t get the sense anything is wrong with their marriage.

• Love 2

@Retired at last that quote is from JEANNE222, not me. 

Amani did not say that she was going to marriage therapy by herself.   She said that she started going to therapy a few months ago. I got the impression that Amani's therapy is for Amani. But, since she's married, her marriage came up in a session. Then, then therapist suggested that Amani imagine her ideal marriage. Amani shared the activity with Woody. Woody said he thought that kind of work was good in any marriage.

Amani said the purpose of the activity was to be intentional, set new goals, and talk about where they want to go in their marriage. They seemed to be on the same page with their answers. 

• Love 5
On 10/23/2021 at 1:32 PM, LuvMyShows said:

For the love of god, will someone please explain to me why they drove 12 HOURS to go to OMAHA?  I'm serious.  They weren't staying at a glamorous destination resort, so it wasn't that.  If they were visiting specific people who happen to live there, you'd think that would have been mentioned.  I just envision that it's because Bobby thought it would be a good place to go, so therefore they have to spend the equivalent of a full day of their rare time to themselves, in the car.  He can f*ck himself.  Basically all we ever see is her doing all the parenting, all the time.  I will lose my mind if the previews are correct and he actually wants her to endanger her life to pop out another potential Dodd legacy spawn, that she will end up doing the lion's share of caring for.  Plus sometimes the way he looks just triggers me!

They did not drive 12 hours and go Omaha. That was clearly a producer made up story for some drama.

All the other couples are going to places like Aruba! 

Sandy Dog is still there! 

Why did neither Danielle nor Bobby bring up the critical health risks and, you know, her almost dying the second time, when discussing having another child?? I kept waiting for it to be the primary factor when they were discussing the pros and cons but nary a mention. Bobby was really against her having a second baby because of what also happened with the first so I find it difficult to believe he wouldn't have brought that up immediately!

4 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

Sandy Dog is still there! 

Why did neither Danielle nor Bobby bring up the critical health risks and, you know, her almost dying the second time, when discussing having another child?? I kept waiting for it to be the primary factor when they were discussing the pros and cons but nary a mention. Bobby was really against her having a second baby because of what also happened with the first so I find it difficult to believe he wouldn't have brought that up immediately!

I thought she had HELLP syndrome with the first, started to develop it with the second so they delivered early. I didn't think she "nearly died" with the second. That would make a third pregnancy a higher risk but not impossible. Knowing her history I'm sure her doctor would have had her closely monitored. 

It's also possible (likely, even) that this was the storyline they were given and they preferred not to discuss Danielle's health history again on tv - so instead they just focused on the more standard debate couples have - can we really handle a third kid?

Not happy to see Shawniece instigating talk about another child.  They really need to continue working on building their couple relationship and communication.

Maybe it's cause I am picky, but I cannot imagine someone else picking out a dog, or a ring, for me.  I absolutely went ring-shopping with future hubby, and then how he proposed was the surprise.

I just can't with Jamie and Beth.  I think they said last week that it would be their fourth move in two years.  Seriously, to move that many times in such a short time period, not out of necessity, seems actually sick.  So I decided to google it, and once I was able to get a better search, so that every response wasn't Restless Legs Syndrome, I stumbled on a really great article.  Makes me wonder about Elizabeth, since she seems to be the one instigating the moves.  https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2015/04/to-the-people-who-always-want-to-be-somewhere-else