Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Couples Cam

• Start Topic

On 9/11/2020 at 11:12 AM, Koalagirl said:

I felt a bit guilty for rolling my eyes at Jamie O during her storyline about her birth father.

I understand her joy at finding out who he was, but I draw the line at her calling this man "dad".  This was a man who literally had no part in her life (albeit through no fault of his own apparently) and no emotional connection to the family (since her mom apparently didn't even think of his name when trying to come up with who the father might have been).  "Birth father" or maybe even "father", but not dad. JMO.

1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

[regarding Jepthe and Shawniece...]

For him to expect her to be anything other than a reflection of how he treats her is crazy to me.

Well said.

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I had very long marriage that was wonderful and understand the need to snap out of things, but there is no way in hell that a person could be anything more than a downer if they stayed married to a multi-cheater, had a kid with them, and feels every minute of every day how much their spouse is not into them. Imagine living 24/7 in a house with someone that you really want to be with and they make it very clear that they are simply tolerating you. Holding her emotions in and putting on a cheery smile to try to lure him her way evokes feelings of ass kissing and begging to me and I just can't be down with that. If he's not into her, he should leave. Instead, they brought a child into the situation.

You should not have to beg your relatively new spouse for attention. Your spouse should consider you always. It seems like Jepthe never takes Shawniece into consideration and does not care if that upsets her. I'm sure Shawniece feels every day that he is only there for the kid. How crushing is that? For him to expect her to be anything other than a reflection of how he treats her is crazy to me.

8 hours ago, Booger666 said:

UO - I don’t think Shawniece needs to ”snap out of it” at all.  She told Jephte repeatedly she is overwhelmed.  Jephte brings home a teenage boy - a very sweet one but it still adds to the work for Shawniece.  Shawniece makes a nice breakfast and Jephte’s first reaction is a complaint and only when she makes a face does he say something nice.  That isn’t funny, it’s completely rude.  He offered to do the dishes AFTER she had started them.  In summary, if you tell Jephte you are overwhelmed and need help he will add to your workload, insult what you do and offer to help by doing the last 10% of the job (which IMO is no help at all).  I don’t think Jephte is a bad guy overall.  I think he likes Shawniece and desperately doesn’t want to divorce so he stays in situation where he is miserable and makes others miserable.  If he loved and had affection for a partner I don’t think he would do his fair share, but he likely would help more and be kinder.  Shawniece hears that he doesn’t want to get a divorce so she stays thinking he will try to work on the marriage when he has shown he won’t.  Jephte needs to come clean and finish his thought which is “I don’t want to get divorced, but I honestly don’t want to be married to you either”.  I find them very depressing and wish they would take them off couples cam.

On a brighter note, Gregg and Deonna will make the cutest baby and I hope her pregnancy is much easier than the others on the show have been.

Of course those things are true but in most flawed relationships (and routinely in couples therapy) the person that is the most unhappy has to be the one that changes first in a deadlocked situation like this, or nothing is ever going to happen.  If she backs off and decides to win him over with kindness and he doesn't come around, then she's done everything she can and there's no hope for the relationship.  It's not that she has to change to make him happy and he isn't expected to change, but in the dynamics of a romantic relationship one partner taking a sullen, negative attitude only drives the other person either away or to more inaction.  It's not about what's fair, it's about what works.  If what's fair is going to happen she has to make it possible to happen.  Otherwise there's no hope.  It's called "putting the focus on yourself".  Interestingly that seems to work in a lot of cases.  It's not that she's to blame for the situation, it's just that her attitude is not helping to encourage him to change.  If that doesn't work, screw him.

• Love 2
On 9/16/2020 at 1:11 PM, Ilovepie said:

Just came here to say Damn! That was a lot of food Bobby made for Danielle, especially since he can't even eat most of it on his diet! I hope they put some of it in the freezer when they were done!

I know! I’m not the biggest Danielle fan. I feel like couples cam and the other spin off made her come off worse than she did on the show 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

What the Hell with Jamie and Beth moving to the central coast?!  Are they rolling in money? Life Time money is not going to afford you a house in SB.  
Just tear up the lease? Geez this is a load of crap. 

Well it’s not exactly cheap where they are living now! I don’t know that they will be able to afford a house in Santa Barbara any more than one in the Bay Area. Remember she wanted a house there but they settled for a two bedroom apartment instead of a one bedroom.....but I agree with Beth - I would rather live in SB than SF.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Like Ilovepie said, the Bay Area is expensive, too. My city is a place that people move to when they are priced out of San Francisco. Two bedroom apartments in safer and/or gentrifying neighborhoods rent for around $3000/month. Hundred year old, two bedroom houses in the hood sell for $600k! There are places an hour away that are more affordable. If Jaime and Beth live in one of the Silicon Valley cities, they likely live somewhere much more expensive. 

That Lifetime Couple's Cam money might be minimal. But, Jaime has a day job that probably pays fairly well. Surely there is a town near Santa Barbara that they can afford. After all, there are students and staff at UC Santa Barbara who aren't rich. The manager of the local Target, the postal workers, mechanics, and teachers who work in Santa Barbara live somewhere, too.

Of course, if Jaime's company allows him to work from anywhere, moving back to the Carolina's is the more fiscally responsible thing to do.  Not that child-free people in their thirties need to do the fiscally responsibly thing. 

Edited by RaeSpellman
  • Love 4
On 9/15/2020 at 5:33 AM, MyTwoCents said:

This is in reference to Jaime. Does anyone know why?

I would wary too if somebody posted the name and a photo of my father online while also reiterating that she was probably a rape baby before meeting the family. It was strange to me that when she found her biological father she swung between absolute adoration that he was a well liked business owner and her mother said not nice things about him and she was a product of rape. 

Using the story to make money also would not be a positive for me. While Jamie loves to share every detail of her life her brothers may not share the sentiment especially considering they were probably still grieving their father.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, RaeSpellman said:

Like Ilovepie said, the Bay Area is expensive, too. My city is a place that people move to when they are priced out of San Francisco. Two bedroom apartments in safer and/or gentrifying neighborhoods rent for around $3000/month. Hundred year old, two bedroom houses in the hood sell for $600k! There are places an hour away that are more affordable. If Jaime and Beth live in one of the Silicon Valley cities, they likely live somewhere much more expensive. 

That Lifetime Couple's Cam money might be minimal. But, Jaime has a day job that probably pays fairly well. Surely there is a town near Santa Barbara that they can afford. After all, there are students and staff at UC Santa Barbara who aren't rich. The manager of the local Target, the postal workers, mechanics, and teachers who work in Santa Barbara live somewhere, too.

Of course, if Jaime's company allows him to work from anywhere, moving back to the Carolina's is the more fiscally responsible thing to do.  Not that child-free people in their thirties need to do the fiscally responsibly thing. 

Exactly. I live in Central California (Fresno area), but my mom's family is actually from Pacifica (Jamie and Beth actually went to a beach there in one episode!) but I grew up in the Central Valley. I think it's probably shocking to some people how crazy expensive it is to live in California, even to live in a crappy apartment in some places. When my husband and I were childless and newly married we thought we wanted to move to the Bay Area because we like it there. We had good jobs and moved to East Bay (Walnut Creek area). We very quickly learned we could never afford a house there and moved because that was important to us.

Jaime seems to have a really good job because Beth cannot be making much as an "influencer" and that apartment is nice. If they can afford it in the Bay Area, they can find something in SB area. Probably not on the beach, but close enough. If they eventually decide to start a family and actually want a house, then moving back to the Carolina's probably is the right call.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

What the Hell with Jamie and Beth moving to the central coast?!  Are they rolling in money? Life Time money is not going to afford you a house in SB.  

And a lease that they just signed?

Hmmm, are we to believe they only had to pay a "termination fee"?

Wonder what that amount is? The rent for the next 11 months?

• LOL 4
15 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I wasn't even paying attention to Jamie and Beth.  I really don't care where they want to move.  I don't care how much money they have or how much they have to pay if they break their lease.  I think I zoned out during their segment.  

I liked Greg and Deonna's story and Keith and Kristine's drawing contest to see what color they'd paint the room.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I wasn't even paying attention to Jamie and Beth.  I really don't care where they want to move.  I don't care how much money they have or how much they have to pay if they break their lease.  I think I zoned out during their segment.  

I liked Greg and Deonna's story and Keith and Kristine's drawing contest to see what color they'd paint the room.

Jamie and Beth don't deserve another minute of this franchise's money or airtime. I hope this finale was a finale on them, but I don't have that kind of luck.

Keith's drawing of Kristine's giant head and his indignant response to her asking if that is supposed to be her made me laugh out loud. They really are so cute together. I was always rooting for them and I am so glad they seem happy. (That green really was hideous, though, so maybe he was trying to lose rather than admit he was wrong about it.)

• Love 10
7 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

Keith's drawing of Kristine's giant head and his indignant response to her asking if that is supposed to be her made me laugh out loud. They really are so cute together. I was always rooting for them and I am so glad they seem happy. (That green really was hideous, though, so maybe he was trying to lose rather than admit he was wrong about it.)

My husband, daughter and myself laughed for three minutes straight over Keith’s painting. I want to laugh right now just thinking about it! 😂 On the flip, Kristine is a good artist - her rendering of Keith was surprisingly accurate! 
And yes, that green was bad, but I’m not sure why they were painting a gray wall a slightly lighter shade of gray? Still, I love Queen Kristine and Keith. They are top 3 couples from this show for me.

• Love 7

I am surprised how well Keith and Kristine are doing because I remember being worried for them. They seem so happy and relaxed and I enjoy their segments. 

I see Jepthe trying but I almost feel like the try is so evident it’s awkward. I have never been convinced he likes Shawniece much and while he may love her it seems like obligatory love. They exhaust me. 

Edited by ramble
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Anyone else besides me nervous during the gender reveal party after the disaster that started a fire in Oregon?  Anyone know how gender reveal parties became a thing (this is a serious question as I have no idea).

Did not miss Jamie and Doug at all.

I loved the genuine joy of Deonna and Greg over having a baby.  Am also very glad that Danielle and Bobby and Ashley and Anthony all seem so happy.  It really is interesting that three couples are expecting babies very close to one another.

Also loved the Hurd family portrait!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Anyone else besides me nervous during the gender reveal party after the disaster that started a fire in Oregon?  Anyone know how gender reveal parties became a thing (this is a serious question as I have no idea).

I know!  I know!  Last week The Daily Show had a segment on it because the woman who started it all (in 2008) is now disavowing it. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/07/us/gender-reveal-parties-overview-trnd/index.html

There's not only the danger (also a gender reveal fire in Arizona, and a woman killed by shrapnel at a gender reveal in Iowa), but the girl whose gender started all this mess is now about 12, and she's eschewing girly clothes in favor of suits.  Oops.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 2

So tired of the gender reveal thing, mostly because it's out of hand (& sometimes dangerous) now.  I remember when people used to open a present with a pink or blue onesie inside, or cut a cake that was blue or pink inside.  Seems like if you must do something that's good enough IMO.

All of Danielle & Bobby's segments have been centered around her pregnancy, aside from Henry's passing (that I recall), & it's been tiresome.

I laughed so hard at Keith's drawing I woke up my new puppy, & she's a sound sleeper. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

So tired of the gender reveal thing, mostly because it's out of hand

I’m so tired of everything being a big deal now. Blame social media for this nonsense. Confession: My least favorite is all the pics of kids with elaborate boards saying their grade on the first day of school. I have two kids still in school but I can’t be bothered. I take a picture of them in our front entry with their backpack. No sign, no sm post. If anyone here does this for their kid, apologies. You will one day have lovely Facebook memories that I will not have.....

Weirdly, I was kind of surprised they are having a girl. So far, all the couples have all had the same thing: Firstborn girl, second-born boy. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Weirdly, I was kind of surprised they are having a girl. So far, all the couples have all had the same thing: Firstborn girl, second-born boy. 

And by ALL, I'm guessing you mean JamieO and Doug and Bobbie and Danielle.  😉   

I enjoyed the finale.  I know everyone is mad at Jamie and Beth and the COVID story (was it real?) but I kind of appreciated the idea of showing someone recovering from the virus, as many many many people have.  (Unpopular opinion, I know, but it is not said enough.)

Still, the show could have done so much more with that storyline in showing the audience responsible ways of traveling, socializing, etc.  Not sure why they chose not too. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I enjoyed the finale.  I know everyone is mad at Jamie and Beth and the COVID story (was it real?) but I kind of appreciated the idea of showing someone recovering from the virus, as many many many people have.  (Unpopular opinion, I know, but it is not said enough.)

Still, the show could have done so much more with that storyline in showing the audience responsible ways of traveling, socializing, etc.  Not sure why they chose not too. 

Yea, they could have also acknowledged that although they recovered and are fine, we have no idea how many other people they exposed with their reckless behavior and how many of those people got sick or unknowingly passed it on to their loved ones. That is why I don't really feel warm and fuzzy celebrating their recovery. I am not saying it's not good to see people recover but acting so blasé about it is really irresponsible. It's hard to be happy for them when they don't seem to care about anyone but themselves.

• Love 13

Did I miss it? Was some reason given why JOtis would pass up ANY opportunity to be in front of the cameras ESPECIALLY for a season finale of Couples Cam? Not that I want them on any more often than the other couples - but it was sure refreshing without her overbearing presence. And also refreshing to see how the other couples integrate/mingle/whatever one does as they connect on-line. And double especially with ANOTHER baby-on-the-way announcement!

I really want to see Couples Cam back - and the sooner the better!

I wonder of TPTB are sifting through any other couples, especially one or two I could think of from the current season, as a possible addition to the mix - I have found it more interesting when we did not have exactly the same couples to  watch every week...and it would help keep things more interesting during our apparently protracted recovery from covid.

21 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I remember when people used to open a present with a pink or blue onesie inside, or cut a cake that was blue or pink inside.  Seems like if you must do something that's good enough IMO.

I think that's the best way to do a gender reveal.  No need for everything to be so over the top.  But I guess today, people want to have more likes on Facebook or Instagram, than their friends.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Did I miss it? Was some reason given why JOtis would pass up ANY opportunity to be in front of the cameras ESPECIALLY for a season finale of Couples Cam? Not that I want them on any more often than the other couples - but it was sure refreshing without her overbearing presence. And also refreshing to see how the other couples integrate/mingle/whatever one does as they connect on-line. And double especially with ANOTHER baby-on-the-way announcement!

I wonder of TPTB are sifting through any other couples, especially one or two I could think of from the current season, as a possible addition to the mix - I have found it more interesting when we did not have exactly the same couples to  watch every week...and it would help keep things more interesting during our apparently protracted recovery from covid.

I don't think there was any reason given, specifically, as to why they were not on the last show. Maybe their storyline ended the week before. 

I would like to see another season of Couples Cam, too.  Makes me a voyeur, I guess.  

And there aren't any other couples to sift through, yet. This season was made up of ALL the couples that are still together.  IF there are couples that agree to stay married after Season 11 (looks likely) then, probably they would be asked if they would like to participate. But as of now, we, as the audience, don't know that there are other couples from MAFS available to be involved. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I don't think there was any reason given, specifically, as to why they were not on the last show. Maybe their storyline ended the week before. 

I would like to see another season of Couples Cam, too.  Makes me a voyeur, I guess.  

And there aren't any other couples to sift through, yet. This season was made up of ALL the couples that are still together.  IF there are couples that agree to stay married after Season 11 (looks likely) then, probably they would be asked if they would like to participate. But as of now, we, as the audience, don't know that there are other couples from MAFS available to be involved. 

Well, this part of the audience has seen and loved watching season 10 JAustin and their charming 'Hurd Family' plus Rex geekiness, so I see no reason why a season 11 WAmani wouldn't be a big hit on Couples Cam...or even/especially paired with a surprise 'staying married' couple from the current season.

But then, I can see some under the surface stuff that makes me think Miles/Karen could stay together and be a fun addition, especially if WAmani were there ( as they are MUCH more believable marriage coaches than the so-called 'experts') since the guys are already good friends and Amani is SO totally chill/cool/gorgeous/etcetera, etcetera, etcetera - whatever-superlative-applies, that they could have their own special little subset of CCAM - and give me a MUCH needed break from JOtis. It was interesting to me that during the Thai massage, Karen seemingly had NO problem touching Miles - I think she may well need a 'right time, right place', kind of atmosphere to be comfortable enough to lower her inhibitions/barriers and enjoy herself and her husband.

Sorry Doug (bcuz I find him a lot more genuine than the spouse-who-will-do-anything-for-the-camera.)

As for the current cast of Couples Cam, I am still cheering for Shawniece/Jepthe (even if he IS a chauvinistic jerk a LOT of the time) - there is something so painfully real about their marriage that I think it may well be what more than a few truly arranged couples (which is not unheard of  in current society) experience/struggle with today before they find the commonality that leads them to a basis for respect and, eventually, love. Then again, I've always been a hopeless romantic....AAshley, loved seeing you, hope to see more...Banielle - get a grip, you have the capacity to charm us all, just put aside the crap...KKristine - you are lovely, just keep on keepin' on,

Please more Stef/AJ (particularly for this one of us who can actually see value in a childless marriage -and no, I  am NOT wringing my hands and crying every freaking minute because I never popped one out! And NO I do not at all feel that I do not have a rich life!) - they are so cool together - there MUST be something other than covid-times, home-based competitions for two such likeable people to be entertaining..

Deonna/Greg - Happy, happy, joy, joy!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Well, this part of the audience has seen and loved watching season 10 JAustin and their charming 'Hurd Family' plus Rex geekiness, so I see no reason why a season 11 WAmani wouldn't be a big hit on Couples Cam...or even/especially paired with a surprise 'staying married' couple from the current season.

I was speaking to the part of your post that sounded, to me, like some couples had been left out, when indeed, all of the couples available, at the time of filming, were included in this season. There are only 9 successful couples together, currently.  

But then, I can see some under the surface stuff that makes me think Miles/Karen could stay together and be a fun addition, especially if WAmani were there ( as they are MUCH more believable marriage coaches than the so-called 'experts') since the guys are already good friends and Amani is SO totally chill/cool/gorgeous/etcetera, etcetera, etcetera - whatever-superlative-applies, that they could have their own special little subset of CCAM - and give me a MUCH needed break from JOtis. It was interesting to me that during the Thai massage, Karen seemingly had NO problem touching Miles - I think she may well need a 'right time, right place', kind of atmosphere to be comfortable enough to lower her inhibitions/barriers and enjoy herself and her husband.

Sorry Doug (bcuz I find him a lot more genuine than the spouse-who-will-do-anything-for-the-camera.)

As for the current cast of Couples Cam, I am still cheering for Shawniece/Jepthe (even if he IS a chauvinistic jerk a LOT of the time) - there is something so painfully real about their marriage that I think it may well be what more than a few truly arranged couples (which is not unheard of  in current society) experience/struggle with today before they find the commonality that leads them to a basis for respect and, eventually, love. Then again, I've always been a hopeless romantic....AAshley, loved seeing you, hope to see more...Banielle - get a grip, you have the capacity to charm us all, just put aside the crap...KKristine - you are lovely, just keep on keepin' on,

Please more Stef/AJ (particularly for this one of us who can actually see value in a childless marriage -and no, I  am NOT wringing my hands and crying every freaking minute because I never popped one out! And NO I do not at all feel that I do not have a rich life!) - they are so cool together - there MUST be something other than covid-times, home-based competitions for two such likeable people to be entertaining..

Deonna/Greg - Happy, happy, joy, joy!

The rest of your post, I agree with.  It is possible that Miles and Karen may make it, we don't know that yet, and Woody and Amani look good too, as do Bennett and Amelia.  But until Season 11 is over, we won't know if any of those couples (or surprise couples Henry and Christina and Brett and Olivia (!) )  will be asked.  But I do hope we get another season.  I think people enjoyed the show, overall. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 2
On 9/21/2020 at 2:30 PM, Neurochick said:

I think that's the best way to do a gender reveal.  No need for everything to be so over the top.  But I guess today, people want to have more likes on Facebook or Instagram, than their friends.  

My favorite way to do a gender reveal is the way I did it; I called my mom about 10 minutes after I had given birth and she called my grandma and I swear, the rest of my family and friends knew I had a son in about 30 minutes. My grandma was fast... and she probably discussed the weather that day too.  We did the same thing about 8 years later when my daughter was born. And again 8 years later. No need for explosives or cake or t-shirts or drones. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 9/18/2020 at 1:04 PM, OnTime said:

Hmmm, are we to believe they only had to pay a "termination fee"? Wonder what that amount is? The rent for the next 11 months?

According to the Nolo Press website, "under California law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1951.2), your landlord must make reasonable efforts to re-rent your unit—no matter what your reason for leaving—rather than charge you for the total remaining rent due under the lease. So you may not have to pay much, if any additional rent, if you break your lease. You need pay only the amount of rent the landlord loses because you moved out early. This is because California requires landlords to take reasonable steps to keep their losses to a minimum—or to “mitigate damages” in legal terms."

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Ok, hear me out on this one. I think for the next season of MAFS they should produce "Couples Consult", a spinoff featuring our favorite still married couples who would Zoom in and give advice to the couples on the current season. 

It would be a super cheap hour for Lifetime to produce and we all know the couples would be way better at advice than the experts!

Edited by DocTerv
couples needed a s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, DocTerv said:

Ok, hear me out on this one. I think for the next season of MAFS they should produce "Couples Consult", a spinoff featuring our favorite still married couples who would Zoom in and give advice to the couples on the current season. 

It would be a super cheap hour for Lifetime to produce and we all know the couples would be way better at advice than the experts!

Count me in as one who would be totally on board!  They could hardly do any worse that the 'experts'!

I' d even like to hear from some of the 'failures' from previous seasons to see how they are doing now and what the MAFSTPTB coulda/woulda/shoulda been done to lessen their pain/humiliation(Mindy/zackass)/let them escape as soon as it became apparent that the other spouse was not in it to win it (sorry for the sarcasm). Real marriages, yup. Real-life-here's-the-tough/lies/fake-stuff-and-we're-here-to-not-exactly-really/really/honestly-help-you-stuff....not so much.

Fire 'the experts' Use, if you must, some psychobabble algorithm to match the contestants, THEN have a panel of previous season successfuls AND failures to guide the contestants through the 8 weeks/whatever it'll be to forever/or divorce day.

They could hardly do any worse.

• Love 4
On 9/21/2020 at 12:36 AM, Ilovepie said:

My least favorite is all the pics of kids with elaborate boards saying their grade on the first day of school. I have two kids still in school but I can’t be bothered. I take a picture of them in our front entry with their backpack.

That sounds pretty deluxe.  Those of us from back in the day often have only the picture taken on picture day at school.

On 9/22/2020 at 1:48 PM, UniqueHandle said:

My favorite way to do a gender reveal is the way I did it; I called my mom about 10 minutes after I had given birth and she called my grandma and I swear, the rest of my family and friends knew I had a son in about 30 minutes.

Did you know the gender?  I know a couple that waits until the thing pops out to find out the gender. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That sounds pretty deluxe.  Those of us from back in the day often have only the picture taken on picture day at school.

In the age of zoom school, it sure feels deluxe now! My kids were both in their pajamas the first day of school - it looked more like a first day of summer picture! 😜

And in more Covid weirdness, I have to go in an hour to take my son to get his school picture taken - we had to make an appointment to go to the cafeteria and do it since they aren't at school right now.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/22/2020 at 9:21 AM, cardigirl said:

I want Couples Cam 2 with the three NOLA couples.  They can get together occasionally.  Henry can meet with Karen in one of the Hospitals cafeterias. 

If not there won't be a NOLA Couple's Cam who are 2-3 couples that need to leave make way for this group?  Who should be eliminated?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, DocTerv said:

if that would mean another show for jamie to be on, no, not interested.  bad enough i have to look at her on unfiltered and try not to be distracted by that awful bunch of extensions.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 9/18/2020 at 1:04 PM, OnTime said:

And a lease that they just signed?

Hmmm, are we to believe they only had to pay a "termination fee"?

Wonder what that amount is? The rent for the next 11 months?

Part of what unnerved me was they take a trip to Santa Barbara ( known as the American  Riviera ) and she plops down on the couch to talk it up again to go “ full on So Cal”    Low and behold he had already talked to management and got out of lease.  So they have a place to move into already.?  It’s just another example of producer embellishments . I guess I had it in my head they were going to buy, don’t know why.  As it turns out at a glance rent for a 2 bedroom is about $1,000 less a month than Silcon Valley. 
it’s a very different vibe and will probably really enjoy the atmosphere. It’s much less hectic and beautiful surroundings. They’re young and have the means by all means travel. 
doesn’t make me like them anymore though. 

On 9/21/2020 at 3:19 PM, becauseIsaidso said:
On 9/24/2020 at 5:03 PM, becauseIsaidso said:

Well shit! i only just realized there is NO MORE Couples Cam! I don't even know when/if it is coming back.

If so, please let it be WITHOUT JOTIS!!! And WITH Wamani and Bamelia!

It is coming back, but not sure when. Jamie said on instagram that they were filming for it now. So she will be back!

It really is too much with nine couples, but they gave way too much time to Shawniece and Jept.  Seems like there were always on each week. Not sure how it will work if they have couples that make it from this season.

• Love 1

I love Shawneice and Jephte.  They, Kristine and Keith, and Deonna and Greg are my favorites.  
i could do without AJ and his wife. Too much frenetic energy there.  And of course I could really do without JaimieO.  I FF through her segments. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

I love Shawneice and Jephte.  They, Kristine and Keith, and Deonna and Greg are my favorites.  
i could do without AJ and his wife. Too much frenetic energy there.  And of course I could really do without JaimieO.  I FF through her segments. 

Different strokes - AJ & Steph are my favorites. I like that they get along and there is no drama with them. Even with his business going under during the pandemic they were pretty upbeat and fun. I like that he didn't wallow and pivoted to do something else. I also love K&K and Gregg and Deonna, although the pre-baby nonsense was ridiculous to me. I really hope Woody and Amani join this show. I could watch them all day. Ok, maybe not all day, but I love them!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Different strokes - AJ & Steph are my favorites. I like that they get along and there is no drama with them. Even with his business going under during the pandemic they were pretty upbeat and fun. I like that he didn't wallow and pivoted to do something else. I also love K&K and Gregg and Deonna, although the pre-baby nonsense was ridiculous to me. I really hope Woody and Amani join this show. I could watch them all day. Ok, maybe not all day, but I love them!

I didn't really like AJ on their season but I love them on couples cam. They crack me up. Totally contrived storylines and activities but they seem to have fun with it and genuinely enjoy each other's company.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I didn't really like AJ on their season but I love them on couples cam. They crack me up. Totally contrived storylines and activities but they seem to have fun with it and genuinely enjoy each other's company.

I agree. He didn't bother me on their season as much as a lot of people. I like that he has a sense of humor and he seems pretty self aware of his short comings. He and Steph seem like a great couple together. I love following them both on Instagram.

• Love 4

Lifetime is airing episodes of Couples Cam with enhanced footage, meaning there is additional footage added into episodes. Maybe I have a poor memory or something, but I found there was enough new footage (to me) to keep me watching. Might be worth checking out. 

• Useful 2

Everyone's favorite anti-quarantine vloggers are back! Really, Miles and Karen, you just had to go to Cabo right now? Blame Karen for making your first honeymoon so shit. They just wanted Instagram content.

Happy and kind of surprised to see Bennett & Amelia! Woody & Amani were a delight as always.

All of the pregnant/child rearing couples are boring, but I respect Anthony's half-assed attempt to turn their segments into dorky comedy skits. At least he's self-aware.

Glad to see Shawniece & Jephte have leveled out. They still seem less than thrilled to do anything together.

Greg's family reacting to Deonna's pregnancy was so funny.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

It’s baaaack!  Nice to see the couples getting along.  Looks like next week will be different with Beth and Jamie fighting.  Moving sucks.  

I would care or sympathize if they didn't feel the need to move 2 times a year. 

• Love 6

Shawniece and Jepthe were so easy going with each other tonight - it was so nice to see.  Little Laura was adorable in her Carnivale outfit!

I was a bit surprised to hear Anthony say the word ‘punim” during Ashley’s ultrasound. It’s a Yiddish word meaning “face” and not necessarily used by people who aren’t Jewish. I thought it was pretty cool.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Shawniece and Jepthe were so easy going with each other tonight - it was so nice to see.  Little Laura was adorable in her Carnivale outfit!

I was a bit surprised to hear Anthony say the word ‘punim” during Ashley’s ultrasound. It’s a Yiddish word meaning “face” and not necessarily used by people who aren’t Jewish. I thought it was pretty cool.

Laura is SO cute!

I didn't catch the punim.  I knew I liked Anthony 🙂

I actually enjoyed the cheesesteak competition.  I don't really love the contrived stuff but I guess daily life does get a little dull.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, VAMom said:

I actually enjoyed the cheesesteak competition.  I don't really love the contrived stuff but I guess daily life does get a little dull.

I always enjoy them. I know a lot don't , but they do seem fun and enjoy each other. I got a laugh when they realized they both liked the same Cheese steak and not the ones they thought they liked. And now I want a cheese steak......

I feel the same way about Keith and Kristine - they just seem so easy together. The playback of footage proving she forgot to record his game was funny. The look on his face eating that chip was classic. It was nice seeing them get together with Steph and AJ.

I am glad Anthony got to go to the ultrasound appointment. These are the things that make this pandemic so hard - missing moments that can never be gotten back.

I liked "Olivia Day" - all the costumes on the dog were funny - the dog was like "what the hell is going on here?" but being a Lab just went with it 😛

I didn't even mind Jamie and Beth - her mess vs. his methodical packing seems to be a fair representation of their overall personalities - definitely opposites attracting there. I thought she looked really pretty in her TH in the green sweater. If I had red hair I would wear green every day! And I want those fuzzy pink slides she had on. Maybe I'll message her on IG to see where she got them unless someone here knows?

Laura Denise is the cutest. That is all.

• Love 4

Where do Jamie and Beth get their money? 2 Bedroom apartments in the Bay Area and beach houses in Santa Barbara are crazy crazy expensive. I know she was working for her dad and barely that so he must make the $$$.

Edited by Chloecat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Chloecat said:

Where do Jamie and Beth get their money? 2 Bedroom apartments in the Bay Area and beach houses in Santa Barbara are crazy crazy expensive. I know she was working for her dad and barely that so he must make the $$$.

I'm guessing Daddy is still supporting her, with Jamie's happy consent.

• Love 2