Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Couples Cam

• Start Topic

No one has started this thread. I liked the show. It was a little jumpy. Not so happy all the focus was on Jamie and Doug just because they were having a baby. It was nice catching up with the couples that weren't on Where Are They Now.

• Love 7

I would enjoy it much more if they got rid of Jamie/Doug and Jamie/Elizabeth.  Not gonna happen, I know. 

It was nice to see Greg and Deonna again.  And those ovens.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I would enjoy it much more if they got rid of Jamie/Doug and Jamie/Elizabeth.  Not gonna happen, I know. 

It was nice to see Greg and Deonna again.  And those ovens.

Awwww - how are Greg, Deonna and the ovens? Any buns in any of those ovens? How is the dog? I loved them.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I would enjoy it much more if they got rid of Jamie/Doug

I have a hunch that Jamie signed some type of contract with the show that pays her a significant amount of $$$ to appear on different "spin-off" type shows.  The fact that she's pregnant adds extra value to the "drama" she can bring to story lines.  

I thought Jamie/Doug's home was very nicely appointed and seemed quite large.  A few  years ago I seem to recall that the couple was hurting for cash (I think she was lamenting the fact that she had to return to the stressful and demanding work schedule at the hospital to keep the "home fires burning" after the birth of their daughter; however, then she miraculously appeared in that "spin-off" show and all their financial troubles seemed to have disappeared.  I think I also read they have rental property in Florida??

In any event, they seem like a lovely family, and Jamie is positioned to parlay her obviously love of the camera into sustainable income.  I think Doug works at some type of commission software sales job; however, the TLC supplemental income must come in very handy for them to live an upscale type lifestyle for their growing family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Definitely much too much Jamie/Doug (but mostly Jamie).

Other than that, I really liked the show - it was nice to see these couples (particularly Jessica and  Austin, who are so very early in to the real life aspects of a marriage) carrying on in really real life.

Loved seeing Greg/Deonna (and those ovens!) again.  SAF Stef and AJ really showed a nice glimpse into AJ having a whole new set of difficulties to deal with, and even though he seemed quite uneasy with it, he also seemed to be dealing with it better than he would have during their season.

I'm definitely going to watch this episode again and hope it's not a one-off because of the virus - I think dealing with life-altering situations is the best test of how well they were matched and how deep their commitments are.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/21/2020 at 9:46 PM, Elizzikra said:

Awwww - how are Greg, Deonna and the ovens? Any buns in any of those ovens? How is the dog? I loved them.

I'm happy and surprised to see these two together. Deonna is ready for a baby but Greg is not there yet. Who would have thought? They seem to be genuinely in love and Deonna is a different person from what we saw during their season. Nice to see her laughing and playful with Greg.  

Enjoyed seeing the real lives of Anthony, Ashley and baby and also Danielle, Bobby and baby. I don't understand Shawneice and Jepte, are they really a couple or hanging in there for the baby? I also don't get Jamie and Elizabeth. They were so vicious and toxic with each other I am shocked they are together. Maybe they played that up for the camera but I just don't get how these two can make it work. 

Steph and AJ- she understands him and really knows how to handle him. I like her alot and I like them as a couple which is a surprise because I couldn't stand AJ during their season. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 12
(edited)

I could have done without "miss I wanted to live stream my home birth on Instagram" Jamie. Greg and Deona are so in love and it's a beautiful thing to see. Their future baby will be so cute. Kristine and Keith seem genuinely happy and in love . Real Estate seems like a hard career to be in right now with COVID-19.  AJ seems to be less of a jerk. I hope he and Steph make it for her sake.

I was genuinely surprised at how happy Jephte and Shawnice seemed. From the outside looking in their marriage seemed like the "struggle love" type. Ashley/ Anthony,  Danielle/Bobby and Austin/Jessica continue to be cute. I'm still on the fence about Jamie and Beth.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 9
(edited)

JamieO just sucks all the light out of an otherwise feel good episode...please Lifetme stop the madness....

Greg/Deonna, Keith/Kristine, AJ/SexyAF, Ricky Bobby/Danielle, Jessica/Austin(love your Covid hairdo) are the reasons we watch MAFS.

Hi Sandy! Hi Keke! You are a good doggies....yes, you are.....

Where’s Henry and Nellie?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 7

I don't care about JamieO one way or another and I get why she used a lot. People seem to revel in bashing or critiquing her every movement or decision. If I really didn't like her I wouldn't waste my time thinking about her. She had the biggest drama going on. Of course they had a focus on it. Didn't bother me. 

I enjoyed the episode. I loved seeing the little babies in action. And I mean actual babies. I don't care about dogs ever. Anthony and Ashley are going to have their hands full with that little one.

• Love 6

I thought it was a nice glimpse into their lives. I think Jephte and Shawniece are the real deal. They haven’t hid their struggles, but it’s obvious they care for each other very much. I like watching them and their cute daughter.  Jamie and Beth, it’s harder to tell what’s really going on. They are both so “showy” when they are on camera.  I don’t mind Jamie O and Doug, but if you follow her instagram, you already know how her storyline plays out because she’s a chronic over-sharer. I think it would have been funny if they included Johnathan and Dr. Jessica! Who wouldn’t like to be a fly on the wall of their house? Psychologists lead the craziest lives behind closed doors!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, SideofSlaw said:

I thought it was a nice glimpse into their lives. I think Jephte and Shawniece are the real deal. They haven’t hid their struggles, but it’s obvious they care for each other very much. I like watching them and their cute daughter.  Jamie and Beth, it’s harder to tell what’s really going on. They are both so “showy” when they are on camera.  I don’t mind Jamie O and Doug, but if you follow her instagram, you already know how her storyline plays out because she’s a chronic over-sharer. I think it would have been funny if they included Johnathan and Dr. Jessica! Who wouldn’t like to be a fly on the wall of their house? Psychologists lead the craziest lives behind closed doors!

I would never follow these people or any people on social media so if they overshare or have to much presence anywhere else, I never know. One of the reasons why attention seekers are nothing to me. Easy to ignore. Props to JamieO for finally getting some level of Fame I guess. She really wanted it.

• Love 3
On 5/24/2020 at 5:49 PM, Racj82 said:

I would never follow these people or any people on social media so if they overshare or have to much presence anywhere else, I never know. One of the reasons why attention seekers are nothing to me. Easy to ignore. Props to JamieO for finally getting some level of Fame I guess. She really wanted it.

Good for her but good lord does she bore me. During one of their scenes fairly early in the episode I wandered off and completely forgot I was watching the show! I came back and was realized it was still on and had to rewind. I will probably ffwd through their scenes. They felt so repetitive. Even with such high stakes drama they cannot hold my attention.

My fave part was when Ashley and Anthony's baby stashed their stuff in the washing machine. Even if it was played up for the camera it was super cute and they seem very content. And do not get me started on Deonna and Greg. I was beaming every time they were on screen. Adorable.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

Good for her but good lord does she bore me. During one of their scenes fairly early in the episode I wandered off and completely forgot I was watching the show! I came back and was realized it was still on and had to rewind. I will probably ffwd through their scenes. They felt so repetitive. Even with such high stakes drama they cannot hold my attention.

My fave part was when Ashley and Anthony's baby stashed their stuff in the washing machine. Even if it was played up for the camera it was super cute and they seem very content. And do not get me started on Deonna and Greg. I was beaming every time they were on screen. Adorable.

It's good to see some genuine success stories. I think with good intentions and a open mind, this can work. 

• Love 6
On 5/24/2020 at 8:49 PM, Racj82 said:

I roll my eyes several times a day at Jamie's oversharing.  However the more I look at her behavior, the better I understand her motives.  Jamie is constantly seeking validation because she never had that as a child due to her mom being on drugs. She's constantly seeking attention because to her attention equals love. It's kinda of sad when you think about it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I had to laugh when Henley kept telling Doug not to touch mommy’s belly.  I wonder how often she hears Jamie say that to Doug LOL.  Jamie and Beth are exhausting.  If Danielle wants to have another baby and Bobby is so worried about her possibly experiencing What happened with her first pregnancy maybe they should consider a surrogate.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

If Danielle wants to have another baby and Bobby is so worried about her possibly experiencing What happened with her first pregnancy maybe they should consider a surrogate.

On the "Where Are They Now?" show they said the doctor gave them the ok for another baby  so maybe this is scripted for this show. Who knows?

It is just me or was the audio horrible with some of the couples? I couldn't understand them.

I really didn't need to see that much of AJ cleaning the house.

• Love 4

I actually enjoyed today's episode a lot, including AJ's house cleaning, probably because my own husband spent today doing just that - a truly wonderful and rare sight.  It only took a pandemic to make it happen, LOL.  Both of us are really identifying with some of the situations these couples find themselves in in the "new normal".  Every decision is a gut wrenching one.  Plans were completely upended, everything postponed until we don't even know when.  One person working, the other one bored and feeling like a drain on the other one.  One person using the time to get better at cooking or whatever pastime they devote themselves to.  I also thought the babies and dogs were quite adorable.  And Keith is a total sweetie taking care of his grandma like that - and she looked great!  Greg and Deonna - the doll thing was funny but I just wanted to see the double ovens, LOL.  Jamie and Beth?  Same old thing with them, different state and different day.  I don't know why but I wondered if that spat was staged for the camera because that's become their shtick for the show.  It should be interesting to see how Jessica handles working in the Covid-19 ward next week.  The preview of her driving through the mobile testing unit gave me the chills.

• Love 3

Still lovin this show a lot in spite of some  of the obviously contrived drama - Beth/Jamie in particular.

I think the RickyBobby/Danielle angst must be a bit of that as IIRC, on the show about what people from past seasons are doing, she definitely said she was healthy and they had been given the go-ahead for a future pregnancy. Still, if that were me, I'd be a basket case all during a 2nd pregnancy because I worry about every little thing, the big ones are catastrophic.

Jess/Austin are so sweet and genuine - Jess was very matter-of-fact that this was what she signed up for (I've know a lot of student nurses who never saw their nursing futures as anything other than a sunshine and roses and healthy babies fantasy) and I do feel some concern for her in a Covid ICU as I also believe she's the sort who would step in where others may fear to tread.

Jepthe/Shawniece also seem the real deal to me - except that they're both on the rebound from betrayal and uncertainty of their future. But his pedicure surprise last time and that 'climbing' exercise this time gave me a warm fuzzy.

SAFSteph/AJ are, I believe, dealing with his anxieties ( no doubt ratched up 1000X by lack of employment) as constructively as  possible. I just have a hard time believing he's really that great or devoted to housecleaning. On the other hand, I don't recall any gushing over the dinner he prepared (if he did) so that little thing does give me some perspective. I'll think they'll be fine, if for no reason other than SAFSteph really seems invested in helping him - a sharp contrast to Beth/Jamie who come across as seeing only their own needs and their partner's not so much.

Loving Greg/Deonna more and more! Where was this woman during their MAFS season! When they stayed married, I felt so sorry for Greg, but now see (as I should have) that he was smart enough to base his decision on their off-camera time.

Same for Kristine/Keith (Geez, I'm not sure about his name). I thought she was getting saddled with a lazy mamma's boy, but he's looking pretty good and she's lost that hard 'princess' edge I perceived before.

Ashley/Anthony are a nice little slice of good times maybe taking a downturn. Ashley's concerned face during Anthony's phone call with his CEO was the moment when this whole impact of Covid on financial well-being seemed to really hit home with her.

Jamie/Doug - enough! She's got everything about them so centered on her that I just don't give a crap.

I'm embarrassed - I could sweat there are 9 couples, but I can only come up with 8 - so the one I've omitted must be either that good or that bad.

• Love 3

You forgot the Bickersons living in Silicon Valley...Jamie and Liz.

She is still high maintenance and overly dramatic, he is high maintenance and overly dramatic.

Their intense focus on every micro aspect of themselves is annoying but works for them.

Liz's Dad is the happiest in their marriage... he was able to offload his daughter to Jamie.

Their struggle to be quarantined in their one bedroom apartment is real, Santa Clara County is still shut down.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

You forgot the Bickersons living in Silicon Valley...Jamie and Liz.

She is still high maintenance and overly dramatic, he is high maintenance and overly dramatic.

Their intense focus on every micro aspect of themselves is annoying but works for them.

Liz's Dad is the happiest in their marriage... he was able to offload his daughter to Jamie.

Their struggle to be quarantined in their one bedroom apartment is real, Santa Clara County is still shut down.

Thanks, but I guess I should have called her Liz instead of Beth - Jamie/Beth was what I called them. But, Dang! I thought the mystery was over....this is gonna bug me until I can catch the show on a rerun.

2 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Still lovin this show a lot in spite of some  of the obviously contrived drama - Beth/Jamie in particular.

I think the RickyBobby/Danielle angst must be a bit of that as IIRC, on the show about what people from past seasons are doing, she definitely said she was healthy and they had been given the go-ahead for a future pregnancy. Still, if that were me, I'd be a basket case all during a 2nd pregnancy because I worry about every little thing, the big ones are catastrophic.

Jess/Austin are so sweet and genuine - Jess was very matter-of-fact that this was what she signed up for (I've know a lot of student nurses who never saw their nursing futures as anything other than a sunshine and roses and healthy babies fantasy) and I do feel some concern for her in a Covid ICU as I also believe she's the sort who would step in where others may fear to tread.

Jepthe/Shawniece also seem the real deal to me - except that they're both on the rebound from betrayal and uncertainty of their future. But his pedicure surprise last time and that 'climbing' exercise this time gave me a warm fuzzy.

SAFSteph/AJ are, I believe, dealing with his anxieties ( no doubt ratched up 1000X by lack of employment) as constructively as  possible. I just have a hard time believing he's really that great or devoted to housecleaning. On the other hand, I don't recall any gushing over the dinner he prepared (if he did) so that little thing does give me some perspective. I'll think they'll be fine, if for no reason other than SAFSteph really seems invested in helping him - a sharp contrast to Beth/Jamie who come across as seeing only their own needs and their partner's not so much.

Loving Greg/Deonna more and more! Where was this woman during their MAFS season! When they stayed married, I felt so sorry for Greg, but now see (as I should have) that he was smart enough to base his decision on their off-camera time.

Same for Kristine/Keith (Geez, I'm not sure about his name). I thought she was getting saddled with a lazy mamma's boy, but he's looking pretty good and she's lost that hard 'princess' edge I perceived before.

Ashley/Anthony are a nice little slice of good times maybe taking a downturn. Ashley's concerned face during Anthony's phone call with his CEO was the moment when this whole impact of Covid on financial well-being seemed to really hit home with her.

Jamie/Doug - enough! She's got everything about them so centered on her that I just don't give a crap.

I'm embarrassed - I could sweat there are 9 couples, but I can only come up with 8 - so the one I've omitted must be either that good or that bad.

You DID mention all 9 couples. Beth/Jamie in the first sentence!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Thanks, but I guess I should have called her Liz instead of Beth - Jamie/Beth was what I called them. 

My mistake...read your paragraphs but not your blurb about missing Flared Nostrils/Daddy's Girl....all their nicknames are coming back to me...you didn't miss much...

Big Red whining about their tiny kingdom, Caucasian Sex looking at her lecherously

The End.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Finally got it...I had mentioned SAFSteph/AJ in my post, but when I made a list just to make sure I had gotten them all, I left them OFF the list....

My brain is finally at peace....this is the  most strenuous thing it has done in weeks!

• LOL 6
On 5/23/2020 at 7:35 PM, humbleopinion said:

Hi Sandy! Hi Keke! You are a good doggies....yes, you are.....

Where’s Henry and Nellie?

I saw Nellie when Ricky Bobby was grilling but no sign of Henry.  And I was looking.  

I just call Elizabeth "Big E" or "Big Red"! They like the draaaahma; even-keel doesn't float their boat.

Danielle lost her lashes! Or did they migrate to Ricky Bobby's face? 😄

AJ does the house-cleaning and makes dinner? Oh, yes; Stephanie saw that diamond in the rough from the git-go! 💎

Low-key Keith and firecracker Kristine make me smile. 💝

I covet Greg's house. 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Keith's grandma looks great!  She and Brandon's grandma should have their own reality show.  I'd watch that over 99.9% of what's airing now. 

I like Greg and Deonna but I don't need to hear anymore about when they're gonna have a child.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2

The screen that revealed only 5 minutes had elapsed between Beth/Jaime making up and restarting their preteen argument made me laugh. He really picked a fight over her "ignoring" him during cuddling? They're both such insecure drama queens!

• Love 2
On 5/27/2020 at 8:25 PM, Yeah No said:

Keith is a total sweetie taking care of his grandma like that - and she looked great! 

Their segments were the highlights this week for me. Their families are awesome and seem very genuine and supportive. Kristine's dad is ADORABLE. I loved his little commentary in the car. I will take that sort of cute hamming it up for the camera over Beth and Jamie's stupid staged fighting any day of the week. That is the type of content I want - more of the sweet couples/families dealing with stuff and staying strong together, please! Bickering over living space isn't compelling at this point. I also fast forwarded through Jamie and Doug, which made the ep much more enjoyable. Will do the same for Beth and Jamie next week.

• Love 6

I really feel for Ricky Bobby and Danielle-just because they have been given a "go ahead" doesn't mean there's no risk for her, and Ricky Bobby is very clear that even though he would love more children, he doesn't want to endanger Danielle (and the risk is very real as those of us who watched Downton Abby know...).  

Lots of home cleaning and improvement going on.  And, I am glad that Beth and Jamie love (?) each other, but I don't need to watch their numerous highs and lows.

• Love 2

Saw Henry’s portrait by Danielle’s side of the bed..did Henry D-I-E?
Seeing Junior’s plastic genitals....needed some pixels TLC.
Anyone else catch the bong on the kitchen island when Beth was throwing a tantrum about Jamie not talking to her at the breakfast table. She needs to get stronger weed so she can mellow and stop hollering...geez think of your neighbors....Between his wife and 2 pups...he has 3 yapping at him all day.

He probably misses going to the office the most of the cast.

• LOL 5

I am just catching up on this and Danielle - embrace the power washer!!! We have one and I LOVE IT! I used it to blow the old paint off the front porch stairs so we could repaint them and it was the most satisfying thing I've ever done. It wasn't as impressive on Bobby's concrete sidewalk just because they weren't that dirty to start but I'd be more excited about the power washer than the shopvac!

LOVE Keith and Kristine! Also loved seeing Greg and Deonna. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/29/2020 at 5:13 PM, humbleopinion said:

Saw Henry’s portrait by Danielle’s side of the bed..did Henry D-I-E?
Seeing Junior’s plastic genitals....needed some pixels TLC.
Anyone else catch the bong on the kitchen island when Beth was throwing a tantrum about Jamie not talking to her at the breakfast table. She needs to get stronger weed so she can mellow and stop hollering...geez think of your neighbors....Between his wife and 2 pups...he has 3 yapping at him all day.

He probably misses going to the office the most of the cast.

Maybe it’s Jamie’s bong - so he can deal with her outbursts while he’s home!  

Edited by Koalagirl
Fixed incorrectly word.
  • Love 1

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would.

i understand Jamie/Doug’s concerns about home births. My friend had 3. The last two were a family affair, house full of “love” from family and friends...not me. I was concerned but everything was great. She bombed with delivery pictures and I almost kicked her! I did NOT need to see the baby making his exit. I’m an adult woman with absolutely no issue with nudity but that was a mile too far.

Keith/Kristine and Greg/Deonna made me smile. So did Jessica/Austin, Anthony/Ashley, and AJ/Stephanie. Solid couples. And I love Keith’s Granny. She is so beautiful.

i love Shawniece and Jephte. I think they are a real family, working to make it work. I see real love and affection there. Of course they will have bumps in the road but I think they are committed. And Laura and KeKe are the cutest.

I know Danielle and Ricky Bobby will make the right decision. They are mature.

Jamie and Big Red...nothing has changed. They are nuts. Completely. I know this is UO but I find Jamie attractive. His smile!

• Love 8
(edited)

Whether she admits it or not, Jamie Otis is deeply enjoying the public drama of “maybe having COVID-19 while pregnant” and being tested for it.

*dramatic music*  

I bet she tells absolutely everyone she encounters, from the receptionist at her obstetrician’s office to the guy who delivers her organic groceries.  You know, the ACTUAL essential (and woefully underpaid) people who are ACTUALLY at risk of contracting the virus.  She can miss me with the bullshit tears and long, soulful gazes at the camera.  Ugh. 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 9
(edited)

1 hour ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Whether she admits it or not, Jamie Otis is deeply enjoying the public drama of “maybe having COVID-19 while pregnant” and being tested for it.

have to make sure the hair and makeup are done for the COVID test.....

I'm starting to lose interest in this show.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 4

SO annoyed I had the time wrong and tuned in to discover MAFSAustralia was just starting!

However, I did see the preview of JO doing her dramatic drive up to a testing station, which she seemed to liken to a condemned prisoner making that final walk to the gallows....

I could not help but notice that the lower ties of her mask were over her hair - not under it like the rest of us would do...mustn't muss the 'do' in front of the cameras, even tho having it tied so loosely pretty much defeats the purpose of the mask. And it's not as if she doesn't know better - what with being an RN and all.

I really wish they'd show much less JO and more of just about any of the others, except Beth/Jamie - although they do provide some fairly ridiculous comic relief amidst all the screeching.

• Love 3

:: puts on flamesuit :: 🙂

I discovered today that I am not cut out for these follow up shows. The only purpose they seem to serve is for these people to ham it up and act for the cameras in hopes of a spinoff or something. Jamie and Elizabeth are so obviously trying for a show of their own. Watching Danielle wipe groceries? Seeing twitchy and bored AJ telling the camera how he has nothing to do and all of a sudden, Steph calls him in and says she needs an assistant or whatever. How contrived.

Jamie is on the FF train as are Jepthe and Shawniece, and that couple from season 5, I think her name is Ashley. Deonna seems just as self-absorbed as she did during the season. She wants a kid and gives no consideration to Greg not being ready. She just conjures up schemes to try to force the issue. I don't see that as okay or very loving towards your spouse. It might be if they were talking about getting new furniture or some other thing but having kids is a huge deal and being inconsiderate of the other spouse's readiness and applying pressure like that is just not something I see as okay. 

I was SO happy and forgot about the rest of these fools when Austin adopted a rescue dog instead of buying a designer dog. Go Austin! And welcome to the family, Rex!

• Love 5
(edited)

Rex was so cute, he stole the show this week.  All the other stuff was contrived fluff and fake drama just to make something to film.  Seriously, Sarah Bernhardt herself has nothing on Beth and her fake, staged for TV fights with Jerry Seinfeld.  Give me a break.  Is it me or do the dogs always lay near him and far away from Beth?  I don't blame them, LOL.  They're probably afraid of her.  At least they didn't play that scene from their original season AGAIN where she turns over the coffee table (thank goodness for small favors).

Also move over Sarah Bernhardt, Jamie O. is going for a Covid test and has to milk every opportunity to be over-dramatic about every little thing in her life, and make it all about her.  I did wince seeing that long thing go up her nose, though.  (Note to self - when the time comes, try to find a way to get tested without them going up a nostril.)

Also annoying is Deonna.  Man, no offense to Greg but I don't know what he sees in her.  Even when she tries to be funny and lighthearted she still comes off as bossy and overbearing.  

AJ was cracking me up and I thought he looked cute in that suit.  He is like a bored child in many ways and Steph treating him like her step and fetch it was probably closer to reality than even their little humorous dramatization would like to admit.  There is something I find kind of sexy about their dynamic, though.  I don't know what that says about me, LOL.

I have news for Bobby - granted Danielle is probably too young to need to worry about grocery cleanliness, but I'll bet a lot of people like me who are over 60 also wipe down groceries.

Oh yeah, @humbleopinion I did notice the bong last week at Beth/Jamie's house, so it wasn't just you!  I also wondered if one of them plays those guitars on the wall.  Then there was the sage-ing.  Channeling their inner '70s, perhaps?

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, configdotsys said:

:: puts on flamesuit :: 🙂

I discovered today that I am not cut out for these follow up shows. The only purpose they seem to serve is for these people to ham it up and act for the cameras in hopes of a spinoff or something. Jamie and Elizabeth are so obviously trying for a show of their own. Watching Danielle wipe groceries? Seeing twitchy and bored AJ telling the camera how he has nothing to do and all of a sudden, Steph calls him in and says she needs an assistant or whatever. How contrived.

Jamie is on the FF train as are Jepthe and Shawniece, and that couple from season 5, I think her name is Ashley. Deonna seems just as self-absorbed as she did during the season. She wants a kid and gives no consideration to Greg not being ready. She just conjures up schemes to try to force the issue. I don't see that as okay or very loving towards your spouse. It might be if they were talking about getting new furniture or some other thing but having kids is a huge deal and being inconsiderate of the other spouse's readiness and applying pressure like that is just not something I see as okay. 

I was SO happy and forgot about the rest of these fools when Austin adopted a rescue dog instead of buying a designer dog. Go Austin! And welcome to the family, Rex!

Loved. Every. Word.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

AJ was cracking me up and I thought he looked cute in that suit.  He is like a bored child in many ways and Steph treating him like her step and fetch it was probably closer to reality than even their little humorous dramatization would like to admit.  There is something I find kind of sexy about their dynamic, though.  I don't know what that says about me, LOL.

I was surprised to find myself charmed by their scenes. I am happy for them that they seem to really enjoy each other. I was worried about their dynamic during their season but now I believe that AJ was just stressed out by the production schedule and forced scenarios. They seem to work well together now that the pressure is off. I can see how others could find their contrived shenanigans tiring, but I thought it was cute enough to watch for a few minutes.

(I ffwd through Jamie/Beth and Jamie/Doug, but did pause to watch the covid test because I was curious how the drive through testing works. I even had a bit of empathy for Jamie at first because I would be scared and panicky if I had to do that - and then it dissipated when I witnessed her whining at the technician, saw her wiping tears from her fully caked on face of makeup, and remembered she is a freaking NURSE. I am so, so very over her.)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I was surprised to find myself charmed by their scenes. I am happy for them that they seem to really enjoy each other. I was worried about their dynamic during their season but now I believe that AJ was just stressed out by the production schedule and forced scenarios. They seem to work well together now that the pressure is off. I can see how others could find their contrived shenanigans tiring, but I thought it was cute enough to watch for a few minutes.

(I ffwd through Jamie/Beth and Jamie/Doug, but did pause to watch the covid test because I was curious how the drive through testing works. I even had a bit of empathy for Jamie at first because I would be scared and panicky if I had to do that - and then it dissipated when I witnessed her whining at the technician, saw her wiping tears from her fully caked on face of makeup, and remembered she is a freaking NURSE. I am so, so very over her.)

That q-tip is long and the test is uncomfortable (tears came to my eyes) but Jamie was doing too damn much. She acted like she had just finished her last meal and was on the way to the chair.

• LOL 1

Well, I got to see it, and I continue to  like this 'show', 'series', whatever it is.

Yup, some parts were definitely contrived -

Beth/Jamie, but it struck me as thinly disguised tongue in cheek. Sort of a 'life is REALLY boring under quarantine which no one planned for, so we're doing what we can to deliver something enjoyable". I kinda did. It was actually the most I have liked the two of them since their decision day when they decided to stay together.

SAFSteph/AJ, no disguise even attempted - and I loved it - they were laughing with us laughing with them. Maybe I would feel differently if I didn't already like them as a couple, but I still enjoyed it.

Love Kim/Keith & Shawniece/Jepthe exploring the world of at-home hair care for the guys. I was quite surprised that Jepthe wasn't already having Shawniece involved in his hair care - but only from the POV of being acquainted with a hairdresser or two who did not only their entire immediate family's haircare, but extended/in-laws/etc to boot. Looks like the ladies have a pretty good hand. Major KUDOS to Kristine - I would NEVER attempt to trim my DH's hair/beard...he's MUCH too critical.

This time, RickyBobby/Danielle kinda pissed me off - but I'm not sure why. It could be just the look on Bobby's face, but I got the impression the bloom is off the rose. I got the impression (this episode and the last one) that formerly anti-SAHM Danielle is embracing momhood to a greater extent than is comfortable for RickyBobby. I do hope they work it out.

Anthony/Ashley were a bit of a miss this time, but I would give just about anybody a pass (except JamieO, the quintessential fame-whore) with the current constraints on having normal lives.

I did not see Deonne/Greg as negatively as some - but maybe I am making an overly large allowance for the times we all live in - all I recall is that I see her in a MUCH more positive light than I did during their season where I was eagerly counted among those who said she was determined to have his balls in her handbag and not about to give them up. I like her now. And he continues to be gorgeous! (it's the eyes...it's always the eyes) I think the doll-baby was a pretty cool idea - they do seem to be having fun with it. Maybe she has found the right way to get her message across without being militantly in his face about baby or nothing. Maybe I'm full of crap. YMMV. And that's OK with me.

Jaustin just continue to melt my heart, I can't believe that a flippin' reality show actually managed to match two people who really are in love/dedicated/committed with each other on a level I haven't seen in more than perhaps 4 of the couples I've seen on the show. And Rex!! He's a canine Austin, no doubt about it.

JamieO is now the official poster child for scaring ANYONE out of wanting the Covid-19 test. I watched her angst/fake tears/forget-she-claims-to-be-a-nurse reaction to the test, and remembered I was also watching when Governor Cuomo had his nasal swab done on live TV. I believe him. Please, please PLEASE LESS JAMIE. I kinda like Doug and am tired of seeing him relentlessly portrayed as the buffoon, by BOTH the show and his wife.

So, there! I didn't forget/mistakenly thought I forgot anyone this time. IRRC, which mmay or not be the case.

I'll be tuning in next week.

Anyone know how many of these CouplesCam episodes we can look forward to, cuz I'm on board for all of it.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Well, I got to see it, and I continue to  like this 'show', 'series', whatever it is.

Beth/Jamie, but it struck me as thinly disguised tongue in cheek. Sort of a 'life is REALLY boring under quarantine which no one planned for, so we're doing what we can to deliver something enjoyable". I kinda did. It was actually the most I have liked the two of them since their decision day when they decided to stay together.

SAFSteph/AJ, no disguise even attempted - and I loved it - they were laughing with us laughing with them. Maybe I would feel differently if I didn't already like them as a couple, but I still enjoyed it.

Love Kim/Keith & Shawniece/Jepthe exploring the world of at-home hair care for the guys. I was quite surprised that Jepthe wasn't already having Shawniece involved in his hair care - but only from the POV of being acquainted with a hairdresser or two who did not only their entire immediate family's haircare, but extended/in-laws/etc to boot. Looks like the ladies have a pretty good hand. Major KUDOS to Kristine - I would NEVER attempt to trim my DH's hair/beard...he's MUCH too critical.

This time, RickyBobby/Danielle kinda pissed me off - but I'm not sure why. It could be just the look on Bobby's face, but I got the impression the bloom is off the rose. I got the impression (this episode and the last one) that formerly anti-SAHM Danielle is embracing momhood to a greater extent than is comfortable for RickyBobby. I do hope they work it out.

Anthony/Ashley were a bit of a miss this time, but I would give just about anybody a pass (except JamieO, the quintessential fame-whore) with the current constraints on having normal lives.

I did not see Deonne/Greg as negatively as some - but maybe I am making an overly large allowance for the times we all live in - all I recall is that I see her in a MUCH more positive light than I did during their season where I was eagerly counted among those who said she was determined to have his balls in her handbag and not about to give them up. I like her now. And he continues to be gorgeous! (it's the eyes...it's always the eyes) I think the doll-baby was a pretty cool idea - they do seem to be having fun with it. Maybe she has found the right way to get her message across without being militantly in his face about baby or nothing. Maybe I'm full of crap. YMMV. And that's OK with me.

Jaustin just continue to melt my heart, I can't believe that a flippin' reality show actually managed to match two people who really are in love/dedicated/committed with each other on a level I haven't seen in more than perhaps 4 of the couples I've seen on the show. And Rex!! He's a canine Austin, no doubt about it.

JamieO is now the official poster child for scaring ANYONE out of wanting the Covid-19 test. I watched her angst/fake tears/forget-she-claims-to-be-a-nurse reaction to the test, and remembered I was also watching when Governor Cuomo had his nasal swab done on live TV. I believe him. Please, please PLEASE LESS JAMIE. I kinda like Doug and am tired of seeing him relentlessly portrayed as the buffoon, by BOTH the show and his wife.

So, there! I didn't forget/mistakenly thought I forgot anyone this time. IRRC, which mmay or not be the case.

I'll be tuning in next week.

Anyone know how many of these CouplesCam episodes we can look forward to, cuz I'm on board for all of it.

Gov. Cuomo knew he better not flinch if he was going to get people to get tested.  It basically hurts a lot and they don't remove the long swab that quickly.  Just because you're a nurse doesn't mean that you like nurses to do stuff to you. I know a Doctor Who can't even look when his blood is being drawn. Doctors and nurses are people too and they don't particularly like being hurt by medical procedures.  It's actually more of a difficulty when you know what the procedure really is and how far up the nose that swab goes. That's why they couldn't use a Q-tip because it's way up into the nasal cavity. I believe people can do things to other people If they would get pretty anxious having done to them. Do you think most heart surgeons would easily let another surgeon buzz them down their breastbone and take their heart out? Only if it was a life and death for sure.  Doctors and nurses know how many ways things can go wrong even shoving a swab up somebody's nasal cavity.

The way I enjoy the show and I don't even know more then Doug and Jimmy and Austin and his wife.  I'm still amazed that this can work for anybody. I'm really happy for the people who are in relationships/marriages that they can work on and grow and develop.  I wanted to see more of the new dog.

Edited by Kira53
I don't remember to proofread.
  • Love 3
On 6/5/2020 at 5:12 PM, becauseIsaidso said:

Love Kim/Keith & Shawniece/Jepthe exploring the world of at-home hair care for the guys. 

I did not see Deonne/Greg as negatively as some - but maybe I am making an overly large allowance for the times we all live in. Maybe she has found the right way to get her message across without being militantly in his face about baby or nothing. 

I like getting to see these couples/families in their own habitats, especially since we hadn't seen a lot of these couples recently, and I don't follow them on social media.  But the contrived part is really bothering me.

I, too, loved seeing the two couples and the hair.  I was super-impressed by how Christine did.  

The whole time I've seen Ricky Bobby on the Couples Cam, I have been thinking how he seems 180 degree opposite from how he was on the original show.  At that time, he seemed to do all sorts of things for Danielle, but now he seems like just a bump on a log, and it seems like Danielle is doing all the house and baby work.  He also appears to have gained quite a bit of weight, maybe from inactivity.

I think the Greg/Deonna thing is very very contrived...otherwise I would think he would be so fed up.  i agree with what configdotsys said about it above, and hope for both of their sakes that it really is acting.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

The whole time I've seen Ricky Bobby on the Couples Cam, I have been thinking how he seems 180 degree opposite from how he was on the original show.  At that time, he seemed to do all sorts of things for Danielle, but now he seems like just a bump on a log, and it seems like Danielle is doing all the house and baby work.  He also appears to have gained quite a bit of weight, maybe from inactivity.

On 6/5/2020 at 5:12 PM, becauseIsaidso said:

This time, RickyBobby/Danielle kinda pissed me off - but I'm not sure why. It could be just the look on Bobby's face, but I got the impression the bloom is off the rose. I got the impression (this episode and the last one) that formerly anti-SAHM Danielle is embracing momhood to a greater extent than is comfortable for RickyBobby.

Bobby said he lost a lot of weight and developed a hernia in the time he was told he was going to be married and the wedding. So maybe this is his regular weight.

Also he started a new job, last year I think, where he worked from home and did travel for work. Danielle said on Instagram, right after quarantine, they both really wanted to get back to that schedule.

They probably need more time apart from each other.

• Love 3

I guess I’m in the minority because I really enjoy this, especially compared to the last couple of garbage seasons. I enjoy seeing all the successful couples. I actually thought it seems less contrived than the regular seasons because there is no producer there telling them what to do. Are some of the things they are doing ridiculous? Yes, but it’s a pandemic quarantine. If they just filmed them binge watching tv, drinking, and looking at their phones it would not be even remotely interesting.

Things I laughed at:

Deonna and Greg with the fake baby. It’s almost like they’ve reversed personalities since their season. I still love them. That doll is creepy, leaking from every orifice....

Anthony doing Ashley’s makeup. I’m pretty sure he used bronzer as blush. Lookin a little 80’s power blush there! 

Jamie and Elizabeth role reversal. At least she realized how annoying she was being. And good luck finding a house in the Bay Area. She is going to have to have Daddy kick in for a down payment or she will have to get a real job because the cost of housing there is no joke. There is a reason they live in a tiny one bedroom apartment. It’s also probably costing a small fortune.

AJ putting on the suit and then being too much. He is a lot, but they seem like they get along really well together. I really enjoy them on social media as well.

Jephte going upstairs to his in-laws and Shawniece finding him there smoking cigars and playing cards. Ha! I wish I had somewhere to escape to besides my bedroom! The roll over stunt gave me flashbacks to Shawniece pole dancing....

Danielle talking about all the crap Bobby has bought during quarantine. I relate. That has been me, only difference is I keep buying shit I can’t even use. My weakness is clothing and I keep succumbing to Facebook ads, damn them! I am furloughed from work and going nowhere socially- what am I doing?!!? Confession over....But seriously, the shop vac he got is totally useful....

Queen Kristine giving Keith that haircut. She did a good job! I bought clippers and did my son’s hair (one of my many quarantine purchases) - not great, we are both glad Supercuts is open again.....Anyway, I love Kristine and Keith. They have stealth become one of my favorites of all time from this show.

I found Jamie and Doug boring, mostly bc none of it was any different than her social media. I even saw the breakdown at the Covid test in her instagram stories. I imagine having a baby during a pandemic is scary. I wouldn’t want to do it. But they should really tell her edit her sm if she’s filming herself for a tv show. It’s redundant.

And Jessica and Austin. I got nothing. The dog is cute. Austin is not (sorry!). I hope she is staying safe, along with all others who are risking their lives to help people during this time.

Sorry this is long. I, like AJ, am bored with nothing better to do...😋

• Love 6

And Jessica and Austin. I got nothing. The dog is cute. Austin is not (sorry!). I hope she is staying safe, along with all others who are risking their lives to help people during this time.

Rex the dog is adorable. And I liked Austin's diligence and determination to find a rescue for Jess.

There wasn't a ton of it, but I also appreciated Jessica's perspective as she prepared to go in and care for COVID patients. It's easy to forget that healthcare professionals are people and it had to be scary to go in and knowingly exposure yourself to this illness to care for your patients. So I appreciated that. I've always liked them as a couple - they seem more like real people and less like cast members.

• Love 9