Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Couples Cam

• Start Topic

I'm so happy that they are happy but Jessica and Austin bore me tears. Good Lord. Everyone did this week honestly. But, I never care about them.  The most interesting thing about them is their dog and I don't like dogs. So, nothing there for me.

• Love 3

It was fun to see Mindy and I'm glad that she and Jessica are still friends.

I was nervous for Danielle and Bobby and am glad that it was a minor scare and so far the baby is good.  They went through a lot with the birth of their daughter so I hope it is smoother this time for Danielle.

As always I fast-forwarded Jaime and Doug.

Jaime must make really good money because rentals are super expensive in Santa Barbara (I was looking recently as I had applied for a job in Santa Barbara [didn't get it]) and that house was nice!  I'm sure that Beth will get bored before too long and they'll end up moving again.

• Love 4
On 2/12/2021 at 6:25 PM, Chloecat said:

Where do Jamie and Beth get their money? 2 Bedroom apartments in the Bay Area and beach houses in Santa Barbara are crazy crazy expensive. I know she was working for her dad and barely that so he must make the $$$.

I am pretty sure Jamie worked for Google.  Now he is a Senior Technical Consultant at Box.   He makes pretty good money himself.

• Useful 3

I felt Beth & Jaime's angst about rental trucks. I moved out of the Bay Area in December and it was a whole thing. The cheapest option (by far) for my timeline/distance was UHaul but they don't guarantee rentals (they call you the day before and confirm your pickup location/time). They contacted me like a week before and told me I may have to drive 100-200 miles to pickup a truck, but there would be a truck. They also kept trying to get me to tow a trailer instead. Luckily I ended up only having to go about an hour away (and it was near where my parents were going to be, so I just picked them up and then we went to get the truck). I would NOT have wanted to have to go any farther. Moving is stressful enough!

Though I have done that drive back and forth between the Bay Area and Santa Barbara (or near to it) multiple times, and it's quite pleasant.

• Useful 1

I was over Bobby and Danielle when his response to her gender reveal for their daughter was "Well, we'll have to try again." Boy bye. Rude. Disrespectful to your future daughter and disrespectful to the woman carrying your child. Was she supposed to keep popping out kids till he got his Bobby IV? Like, what year is this??? He didn't need an heir. Ugh. I liked them before that comment too so that sucked. It was so underhandedly sexist and icky to me.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, JAndy said:

I’m confused about this episode. Are they using old footage? I remember that Anthony’s birthday is in August from their original season of MAFS and confirmed it when I googled. 

I definitely think this is footage filmed earlier, because the time frame seems slightly different for each couple, but it looks like late summer/fall maybe...?

Anyway, I can't believe that my favorite couple to watch is Beth/Jamie with their fake fakery 🤯 .  I like the rest of the couples also, especially Amani/Woody, Steph/AJ, and Ashley/Anthony.  This show is such a palette cleanser for me during this flaming dumpster of a MAFS season.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HZAnita said:

I definitely think this is footage filmed earlier, because the time frame seems slightly different for each couple, but it looks like late summer/fall maybe...?

Anyway, I can't believe that my favorite couple to watch is Beth/Jamie with their fake fakery 🤯 .  I like the rest of the couples also, especially Amani/Woody, Steph/AJ, and Ashley/Anthony.  This show is such a palette cleanser for me during this flaming dumpster of a MAFS season.

Definitely seems like it was filmed last fall considering Steph and AJ were picking and carving pumpkins. They are still my favorites.

The "we have a ghost" stuff with Beth and Jamie was only slightly less stupid than their ill advised trip to visit her family last summer. But I generally like them and their dynamic. I am still blown away that their marriage managed to survive their season.

I am glad Keith's grandma is/was okay. I really love them.

That cook off between Karen and Miles and Woody and Amani was fun but good grief that was a lot of food for only four people!

I totally agree this show makes up for the shit show that the original becomes. I watch this to remind me of why I watch the OG......

• Love 2

I had to roll my eyes at Doug and Jaime who can't possibly get their "work" done with a small child running around and having tantrums when filming their family life literally is the job they get paid for.

Edited by absolutelyido
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Glad Keith’s grandma is doing well.  She seems like a very sweet lady.  Can’t believe it’s already been 3 years for Keith and Kristine.  They have a great vibe and its nice to see them so happy together.  It sounds like Keith’s job is very long hours and incredibly stressful and I hope they can work through that.  It is hard to make a marriage work when you have that kind of job stress.

The Woody / Amani and Miles / Karen cook off was cute.  

• Love 2

I’m watching Couples Cam.  Jepthe’s little girl Laura is Priceless.  Not only is she beautiful, but sharp as a tack for her age.  She is just adorable and should model.  I’m happy they stayed together.  Smart move on his part.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Axe throwing is actually a fun indoor activity that a lot of people do now. Couples, friends, etc. It's not creepy, it's a just activity 

Just read in my local newspaper that such a venue will soon open in my area. Talk about trusting strangers!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Anyone else seen the Geico commercial with the woman riding the motorcycle then is in a store or something and they are singing the “Buttercup” song?  I swear she looks EXACTLY like Karen of Karen and Miles. I keep wondering if it’s her. Anyone know??

On 3/9/2021 at 11:08 AM, Booger666 said:

Greg is hot!!!  That is all.

Greg is my #1 MAFS husband of all time. Good looking, fit, well adjusted, nice, funny and that house to boot! I also love Keith, Anthony, Woody and what is probably an unpopular choice, AJ.

Speaking of AJ, that beer making project looked way too complicated. I would rather just go to the store and get a six pack........

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I've tried watching this show several times but never saw a complete episode.  I wish these couples well, but they are boring as hell (Hey, that rhymes!).  

Yeah, I had to clock out on this show. Despite what some people claim these days, there is too much to watch out there to waste my time on this show. It's just not entertaining.

• Love 3
On 5/21/2020 at 8:28 PM, pdlinda said:

I have a hunch that Jamie signed some type of contract with the show that pays her a significant amount of $$$ to appear on different "spin-off" type shows.  The fact that she's pregnant adds extra value to the "drama" she can bring to story lines.  

I thought Jamie/Doug's home was very nicely appointed and seemed quite large.  A few  years ago I seem to recall that the couple was hurting for cash (I think she was lamenting the fact that she had to return to the stressful and demanding work schedule at the hospital to keep the "home fires burning" after the birth of their daughter; however, then she miraculously appeared in that "spin-off" show and all their financial troubles seemed to have disappeared.  I think I also read they have rental property in Florida??

In any event, they seem like a lovely family, and Jamie is positioned to parlay her obviously love of the camera into sustainable income.  I think Doug works at some type of commission software sales job; however, the TLC supplemental income must come in very handy for them to live an upscale type lifestyle for their growing family.

I’m so glad to read your comment.  I feel exactly the same.  She was always kind and positive with Doug even when so disappointed.  I wish her all the best.  Success couldn’t have happened to nicer person.  And she came from humble beginnings.  Remember the first visit home?  

• Love 5
On 2/13/2021 at 5:55 AM, cinsaysit said:

I'm guessing Daddy is still supporting her, with Jamie's happy consent.

I figured Jamie in IT makes good $$.  Also they’re still getting paid for couples cam.  They’re making money for Lifetime and well paid for it.  Honestly I don’t see him taking daddy’s money.  

Edited by Ms.C.
Fixed name.
  • Love 2
On 5/22/2020 at 6:07 AM, becauseIsaidso said:

Definitely much too much Jamie/Doug (but mostly Jamie).

Other than that, I really liked the show - it was nice to see these couples (particularly Jessica and  Austin, who are so very early in to the real life aspects of a marriage) carrying on in really real life.

Loved seeing Greg/Deonna (and those ovens!) again.  SAF Stef and AJ really showed a nice glimpse into AJ having a whole new set of difficulties to deal with, and even though he seemed quite uneasy with it, he also seemed to be dealing with it better than he would have during their season.

I'm definitely going to watch this episode again and hope it's not a one-off because of the virus - I think dealing with life-altering situations is the best test of how well they were matched and how deep their commitments are.

We’re seeing these people in real lives. And they’re so like-able. Much different than they were shown on MAFS.  

On 5/23/2020 at 8:43 AM, bichonblitz said:

I'm happy and surprised to see these two together. Deonna is ready for a baby but Greg is not there yet. Who would have thought? They seem to be genuinely in love and Deonna is a different person from what we saw during their season. Nice to see her laughing and playful with Greg.  

Enjoyed seeing the real lives of Anthony, Ashley and baby and also Danielle, Bobby and baby. I don't understand Shawneice and Jepte, are they really a couple or hanging in there for the baby? I also don't get Jamie and Elizabeth. They were so vicious and toxic with each other I am shocked they are together. Maybe they played that up for the camera but I just don't get how these two can make it work. 

Steph and AJ- she understands him and really knows how to handle him. I like her alot and I like them as a couple which is a surprise because I couldn't stand AJ during their season. 

It shows how edited the show was.   Edited to make them into loved or vile characters.  Getting worse.  

• Love 1
On 5/23/2020 at 10:10 PM, Racj82 said:

I don't care about JamieO one way or another and I get why she used a lot. People seem to revel in bashing or critiquing her every movement or decision. If I really didn't like her I wouldn't waste my time thinking about her. She had the biggest drama going on. Of course they had a focus on it. Didn't bother me. 

I enjoyed the episode. I loved seeing the little babies in action. And I mean actual babies. I don't care about dogs ever. Anthony and Ashley are going to have their hands full with that little one.

Thank you.  All the put downs make me tired.  Jamie O loves life.  I love her.  Resentment/envy anyone?  

just found.  Hoping kinder more tolerant than MAFS site.  

On 5/24/2020 at 1:56 PM, SideofSlaw said:

I thought it was a nice glimpse into their lives. I think Jephte and Shawniece are the real deal. They haven’t hid their struggles, but it’s obvious they care for each other very much. I like watching them and their cute daughter.  Jamie and Beth, it’s harder to tell what’s really going on. They are both so “showy” when they are on camera.  I don’t mind Jamie O and Doug, but if you follow her instagram, you already know how her storyline plays out because she’s a chronic over-sharer. I think it would have been funny if they included Johnathan and Dr. Jessica! Who wouldn’t like to be a fly on the wall of their house? Psychologists lead the craziest lives behind closed doors!

I was so happy when Jon and Dr Jessica got together. He was such a great catch.  

Jamie loves life and is an exuberant extrovert. I bet she never says anything negative about anyone. Really.  

• Love 1

How the heck does Jamie put up with that nutjob Beth? She has too much time on her hands and is still a spoiled brat. He seems to give in to everything and anything she wants.  He's got a good job, and a fairly normal head on his shoulders. He can do so much better. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

Thank you.  All the put downs make me tired.  Jamie O loves life.  I love her.  Resentment/envy anyone?  

I don't follow SM, but have read things about her posts. Over-sharer seems like an understatement. Jamie can give birth & be near naked online all she wants, but talking about her kid's private parts on SM is child abuse. She needs a therapist, not SM.

ETA: That also shows how far reaching posts SM are - people don't have to follow them to hear about what they're posting. It ends up everywhere.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5
On 3/13/2021 at 2:35 AM, Ms.C. said:

Here's the thing - I actually like Jamie and Doug. The Otis-Hehner origin story was what hooked me into this show. I felt sorry for them for the miscarriages and I do think they are good parents. But the live birth on this show started me feeling like they were giving away too much of themselves. And then her post-partum instagram changed to be completely about herself with near naked photos constantly talking about loving herself even with the extra pounds. I just couldn't do it anymore.

And I don't know about their Florida property being for rental - they are living in it themselves and in this last episode they enrolled Henley in preschool there.

• Love 1

This show is so staged but I get it, real life is mostly boring.

All the pregnancy talk has been a bit of a yawn for me.

I think Ashley & Anthony are the most entertaining. Anthony trying to dodge Mila made me actually LOL. Felt bad when she was upset but then their daddy/daughter cookie date was very cute. Anthony is genuinely funny with a good sense of humor. Ashley is more serious but they balance each other well - and they make cute babies. They've definitely become my favorite couple.

I think Greg & Deonna are great together; I just don't find them that interesting, yet.

I don't find Jamie/Beth entertaining, & still don't believe they ever had COVID, or if they did, it wasn't a big deal for them. I'd never seen two healthier looking people whining about feeling so sick, & Jamie still could not stop smirking. FWIW though, I don't think they're living off her father. IT pays well & I think she's doing 'the influencer' thing, which, since she's on TV, probably isn't bad either.

Keith & Kristine are cute together but boring- love his grandma though. I am curious to see how their kitchen turns out, someday. 😏

I still find Shawniece & Jephte uncomfortable to watch, but Laura is really cute.  I wonder what happened to Keke though; haven't seen her in a bit.

I don't find the rest entertaining at all, so are mostly background noise.

• Love 1
On 3/16/2021 at 12:40 PM, gonecrackers said:

This show is so staged but I get it, real life is mostly boring.

All the pregnancy talk has been a bit of a yawn for me.

I think Ashley & Anthony are the most entertaining. Anthony trying to dodge Mila made me actually LOL. Felt bad when she was upset but then their daddy/daughter cookie date was very cute. Anthony is genuinely funny with a good sense of humor. Ashley is more serious but they balance each other well - and they make cute babies. They've definitely become my favorite couple.

I think Greg & Deonna are great together; I just don't find them that interesting, yet.

I don't find Jamie/Beth entertaining, & still don't believe they ever had COVID, or if they did, it wasn't a big deal for them. I'd never seen two healthier looking people whining about feeling so sick, & Jamie still could not stop smirking. FWIW though, I don't think they're living off her father. IT pays well & I think she's doing 'the influencer' thing, which, since she's on TV, probably isn't bad either.

Keith & Kristine are cute together but boring- love his grandma though. I am curious to see how their kitchen turns out, someday. 😏

I still find Shawniece & Jephte uncomfortable to watch, but Laura is really cute.  I wonder what happened to Keke though; haven't seen her in a bit.

I don't find the rest entertaining at all, so are mostly background noise.

yeah, nobody that exciting to watch

saw a commercial this morning for cat food and the presenter looks a lot like Jamie Otis to me - is it?

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/tPHa/blue-buffalo-tastefuls-one-taste-is-all-it-takes

• Love 1

These staged scenarios on Couples Cam really bother me, especially Jamie and Beth.   I am too lazy to fast forward a segment in which I am uninterested, but I  am a proactive FF when it comes to their scenes.  The pot brownie thing---so fake.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, azprimadonna said:

These staged scenarios on Couples Cam really bother me, especially Jamie and Beth.   I am too lazy to fast forward a segment in which I am uninterested, but I  am a proactive FF when it comes to their scenes.  The pot brownie thing---so fake.  

The cartoon nonsense, yes, but I admit I did laugh when Beth went upstairs and Jamie was just laying there with the dog licking all over him. 😂

I don’t know if Bobby and Danielle should have any more kids after this one - she has had two high risk pregnancies now! Gestational diabetes- gah!

I’m kind of in love with the pale pink color Anthony painted the baby’s room. 

I know I’ve spouted my love of Steph and AJ but tonight reinforced it - I really appreciated their frank discussion about finances and how the pandemic affected AJ’s business and his ability to contribute to a down payment for a house. I like how supportive and understanding Steph is/was, and I like that AJ sees and appreciates it. They really seem like a great team.

I also love Keith and Queen Kristine. Minimal drama, cute together. Good job finishing their remodel. It feels like they’ve been doing it since right after Decision Day!

A fish is in no way the equivalent of a dog in terms of a pet. A fish is more of a decoration/chore.

• Love 5

Jamie & Beth's segments are some of my least favorite & sometimes I just FF. I did see the licking thing & that dog looked focused on getting every bit of whatever he smeared on himself to make that happen.

I know it's all staged & there's no way Anthony prepped that room w/o her having a clue (& Ashley is a bad actress LOL), but he did a good job. I had mentioned, & still think, their daughter is mostly Anthony, but after seeing the teeth brushing I have to say she's definitely got Ashley's mouth. I still tend to like their segments the most.

Keith & Kristine's home looks nice & I love their cat. I don't blame her on planning the basement next - get it all done while the momentum is still there or it might never happen!

Jamie and Beth really seem to think they're going to break into show biz with their very own reality show due to the HILARITY of their ANTICS (insert giant eyeroll here). They are cringe-worthy in their frenzy of attention seeking. It's fast forward for me too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I really loved tonight's episode.  The genuine family moments shown tonight were the season's best.  I tried not to cry when Bobby and Danielle's baby was born, but I was so happy for them.  I think Doug's idea of being a stay-at-home dad is a good idea, since Henley needs a little help to understand not to hurt the baby.  As much as we criticize some of the terrible couples matched by the experts, this group is a real success.  

• Love 1

Loved this episode. I've never been much of a Danielle/Bobby fan, but I have to give her major props for how she handled a potentially very scary situation - especially since she's already been through it once. She showed some pretty raw emotion, no writhing around on the bed in  black lace undies, full makeup & hair - just a real pic of a scared mom to be at the height of her anxiety. Even Bobby showed quite a bit of empathy - which I suspect is quite contrary to his usual demeanor.

Loved SAFSteph/AJ - especially since they've pretty much been my faves since their wedding. I got such a kick out of Steph reacting to AJ giving his poem a title by saying he'd already won....and the look on his face was priceless. They're not kidding when they say they thrive on competition.

Parts of Shawneice/Jepthe were a bit TMI for my taste, but this is a couple I've also liked from the beginning and was sad to see an earlier post (not sure if it was in this thread) about the state/or lack thereof of their marriage.

Greg/Deonna, Jaustin, Karen/Miles were sweet. Loved the low-key gender reveal, the realities of moving and having to improvise 'furniture', and the securing the trash cans attention to domestic detail - even that had a bit of romance in it.

So, Doug wants to be a SAHD - seems more like he was just making official what has already been ongoing. Those bits of him trying to 'work' which holding a screaming kid were just too much. And the repetitions of covid as causing the loss of income was unnecessary - there are a lot of people out there who really have no income & no MAFS gig to rely on. At one time or another, Gregg/Deonna, Ashley/Anthony & SAFSteph/AJ have all mentioned the impact they've had to adjust for, but their references seemed much more low key and matter of fact - (it happened, we've adjusted, we're moving forward).

Maybe it's because I've never really cared for JOtis, or maybe it's because Jamie always seems to be playing to the camera (Beth/Jamie do the same thing). The others seem to talk to the camera as if it's just another person in the room - like they are more comfortable with it and don't let it affect them. Jaustin is the only other couple that strikes me as a bit awkward or shy around the camera.

Glad to hear Couples Cam will be back in June with all new stuff!

Not at ALL sure I want to get involved in the 'unmatchable' show.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Loved this episode. I've never been much of a Danielle/Bobby fan, but I have to give her major props for how she handled a potentially very scary situation - especially since she's already been through it once. She showed some pretty raw emotion, no writhing around on the bed in  black lace undies, full makeup & hair - just a real pic of a scared mom to be at the height of her anxiety. Even Bobby showed quite a bit of empathy - which I suspect is quite contrary to his usual demeanor.

I agree with you here.  I think they did a good job. Bobby had to go back for those sandwiches though.  LOL. 

I do enjoy this show, and have my favorite couples to watch (like everyone else) and am glad it will be back in June. With a new couple (or couples) from the current season of MAFS, oh boy!!!  

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 2

Sounded like Danielle & Bobby are done with having kids, & I don't blame her/them at all. I'm also glad for selfish reasons, as I'm pretty tired of hearing about all her issues whenever they're on the show. I guess now it'll be all about the kids though.

So they got MAFS, bought a new house & moved, went to one income (sorta, they do have MAFS & other SM/publicity income now), had two kids one right after the other while dealing with a slew of medical issues... these two will either thrive for the long haul or fall apart if life gets too basic & boring.

Jephte filming Shawniece on the toilet while she farts... um, stahp. The fake preggo 'scare'... all so stupid.

Sad about their 5 year plan if they're really done. I don't follow SM & haven't seen any new re-posts so wonder what's up.

Steph & AJ - they seem perfect for each other. I dislike their competitive natures but it's all for fun & works well & is probably bonding for them. Sometimes it's funny to watch.

Deonna & Greg are boring in a good way - in a they're-doing-well way, so I'm happy for them.

Best part of this episode was Henley pulling up her mother's top to cover the always over exposed boobs. Even her kid is sick of seeing them. 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 4/19/2021 at 9:05 AM, gonecrackers said:

Sounded like Danielle & Bobby are done with having kids, & I don't blame her/them at all. I'm also glad for selfish reasons, as I'm pretty tired of hearing about all her issues whenever they're on the show. I guess now it'll be all about the kids though.

So they got MAFS, bought a new house & moved, went to one income (sorta, they do have MAFS & other SM/publicity income now), had two kids one right after the other while dealing with a slew of medical issues... these two will either thrive for the long haul or fall apart if life gets too basic & boring.

Jephte filming Shawniece on the toilet while she farts... um, stahp. The fake preggo 'scare'... all so stupid.

Sad about their 5 year plan if they're really done. I don't follow SM & haven't seen any new re-posts so wonder what's up.

Steph & AJ - they seem perfect for each other. I dislike their competitive natures but it's all for fun & works well & is probably bonding for them. Sometimes it's funny to watch.

Deonna & Greg are boring in a good way - in a they're-doing-well way, so I'm happy for them.

Best part of this episode was Henley pulling up her mother's top to cover the always over exposed boobs. Even her kid is sick of seeing them. 😂

Agree with all of this! As I already stated, I am kind of over all the couples with kids - it really becomes less about their relationship and more about parenting, which is a totally normal progression, but it's not compelling to me. There are too many couples now and this show is kind of a victim of their own success the last few years - there are too many couples! Maybe they should phase out the older couples? I wouldn't miss Jamie & Doug ;-p

Steph and AJ continue to be my favorites. Their rapport is so good. I loved the poems.

And thanks for the laugh re: Jamie's over exposed breasts. I unfollowed her on sm because I was sick of seeing her, and by that I mean ALL of her!

• Love 3

Ok MAFSlifetime has posted a picture on sm with all of the couples participating in the new season starting in June. VA & Erik and Vinny & Bri are joining, but Ryan and Clara opted not to even though they are still together. Good for them I say. It looks like Amelia & Bennett are also out.

More strange to me, Shawniece and Jephte are there. Does this mean we have to watch them record the demise of their marriage on this show??? How sad........

2 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Ok MAFSlifetime has posted a picture on sm with all of the couples participating in the new season starting in June. VA & Erik and Vinny & Bri are joining, but Ryan and Clara opted not to even though they are still together. Good for them I say. It looks like Amelia & Bennett are also out.

More strange to me, Shawniece and Jephte are there. Does this mean we have to watch them record the demise of their marriage on this show??? How sad........

Shawniece also posted on Instagram, Season 3 of Couple's Cam, Hope Y'all Are Ready, with a picture of Jephte and Laura.  Not sure what that means. 

Gin Gin Gin...... you do NOT drug your dog with Benadryl before taking him on a plane. Any case, that dog is TOO BIG for that carrier and appears to be bigger than the maximum for in-cabin dog travel. Leave Rocky with friends or board him for a couple of days.

For the love of Dog!

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I feel so bad for Shawniece.  Jephte just isn’t that in to her.

It was nice to see the NOLA couples so happy.

There comes a point when you become an ass.

Shawniece reached that point with me during their season with all she put up with from him and it only got worse later. He has never been into her. And she knows that. I have no tolerance for that kind of desperation.

• Love 2