Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Couples Cam

• Start Topic

Regarding Jephte and Shawniece, I think they do love each other, but I think Shawniece, in particular, needs to work on her communication skills.  Also, I think they like to film for drama. 😆

I follow them on Instagram and you get a clearer picture of who they are from that than from Couples Cam.

• Useful 2
(edited)

It’s interesting so many of you think Shawniece needs to work on her communication skills.  I mean they both do, but I think Jephte is far worse than Shawniece.  He makes zero effort to compromise.  He wants 4 kids and she wants fewer than 4 so he tells her to come up with a plan to have 4.  Uhhh, seems like it’s his way or the highway.  She actually comes up with a good list and then asks to hear his plan.  He never acknowledges her list and refuses to answer the question about his plan.  Instead, he says that the plan was to try for a kid in the spring, she delayed the plan until fall, her decision made him really upset, so now he isn’t going to try in the fall.  That would make me crazy too, he is being passive aggressive and laying blame at her feet when she is trying to move forward.  To the camera he said that he didn’t want to put the kid pressure on her, but he never said that to her (or it wasn’t shown).  Regardless, he isn’t happy and she is constantly on edge and it has been this way for years.  They aren’t good together and they need to end it for their and Laura’s sake.

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 9
On 6/17/2021 at 11:02 PM, For Cereals said:

< snip >

Is the new baby’s name Theta or Beta?

< snip >

On 6/18/2021 at 3:32 AM, azprimadonna said:

I think it is Vaeda.

I was relieved to see the baby's name later in the show. Whenever they would say her name it made me think "WTH they name that poor baby? Theta Pi? Beta Max?"

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 6/3/2021 at 6:46 PM, bichonblitz said:

Doug the stay at home dad, please. Why did they move to Florida? I used to live in Sarasota and couldn't wait to get out. It's not all that great and it's so hot and humid all year round! 

They moved to Florida to stay for 6 months and 1 day each year to be permanent  Florida state residents and the tax breaks that go with that.

They will be there during the winter/spring months and back to NJ for summer/fall. Renting out the FLA house when they are gone.

Doug quit his job in January and now doing some type of kid's YouTube channel. He is under Jamie's spell.

Edited by Rightside
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/16/2021 at 9:11 PM, answerphone said:

This is so superficial and  shallow, but does anyone else wish Doug would go see a good cosmetic dermatologist?

Honestly, all he has to do is go to a regular dermatologist, tell them that a mole has changed shape, grown quickly, gets irritated by shaving or by clothing and they'll remove and biopsy, covered by insurance.  I'm sure it's the case for more than one of his moles. I actually hope that as fair skinned as he is and as many moles as he has, he has regular appointments with a dermatologist.  No shade, I'm fair and moley, haha

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Love 4
(edited)

I just...maybe it's because I've never really felt the overwhelming need for a biological child nor, in particular, ever wanted to go through a pregnancy (it's moot now anyway as the biological ship left the harbor when I turned 50!). Maybe I would have felt differently if I'd ever been lucky enough to have any long, lasting relationships and wanted to start a family with a husband/partner. For the last few decades, however, my heart has unwaveringly been pulled by kids who need adopting and/or foster homes. I'm finally feeling like I am mature enough for the first time to be able to help, and have long wanted to foster gay teenagers because it can be quite difficult to find homes where they're fully accepted, no "moral" judgements.

So, I'm unable to understand why Danielle, knowing the serious risks, one of which could leave the child she already has without a mother, chose to have another baby?? I just think of all of these kids that would love to have a permanent family and home. :-(

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

So, I'm unable to understand why Danielle, knowing the serious risks, one of which could leave the child she already has without a mother, chose to have another baby?? I just think of all of these kids that would love to have a permanent family and home. :-(

Bobby Dodd IV was a requirement.

• Love 4

No other comments on the recent Couples Cam?

I was kind of surprised to find that Elizabeth and Jessica had become such good friends...they seem like very different personalities.  I don't like Jamie's mustache, which seems to come and go depending on what day it is.  

The constant-calling-for-Greg thing with Deonna was stupid. I suspect that the whole 'rest' thing was fake because of how she worded it, given that she didn't say that she was supposed to get 'bed rest', and bed rest isn't a usual response to Braxton Hicks contractions anyway. From what I remember, most doctors want you to be as active as is reasonably possible while you're pregnant, and even if some rest is needed, they'll usually call for 'modified bed rest'.   

I was absolutely stunned that when Jephte and Shawniece were on the way home from having picked up Laura at day care, that Shawniece did not have her seat belt on (I couldn't see for Jephte)...she seems like a responsible person...are there actually other normal-seeming people, especially people with children, who don't wear seat belts?

I was confused by Vincent and Brianna's couch.  Something about the look and material made it sort of look like a combination of waiting room and airplane furniture.

Bobby and Danielle were talking about how cold it is, and how they aren't going to turn the heat on very high, and they were both barefoot!!!  Feet are key for staying warm, people!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

< snip >

Bobby and Danielle were talking about how cold it is, and how they aren't going to turn the heat on very high, and they were both barefoot!!!  Feet are key for staying warm, people!

I wondered how long their power was out during Texas Snowmageddon 2021. Unless they have a fireplace in the bedroom, hiding out in the bedroom with the kids to conserve heat was a terrible idea. The other thing to keep heat in is to keep drapes or curtains closed. With a baby as young as theirs, they should have been looking to stay at a motel or with friends or family with power. They didn't seem to have an issue with feeding the baby a bottle. So it seems a bit sus.

It was damn cold here in North Central Texas. Also, if their power was out for very long, they would have been worrying about frozen and busted pipes when the power came back and it warmed up (above 30*) outside. I was fortunate not to lose power but so many of my friends did and it was not pretty.

• Love 2

I was so glad they put Laura in day care. She's so very bright and busy, she needs some friends to play with and teachers to give her some structured learning. I love seeing the little bits of her on the cam - she's quite the little character.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Lurk said:

I wondered how long their power was out during Texas Snowmageddon 2021. Unless they have a fireplace in the bedroom, hiding out in the bedroom with the kids to conserve heat was a terrible idea. The other thing to keep heat in is to keep drapes or curtains closed. With a baby as young as theirs, they should have been looking to stay at a motel or with friends or family with power. They didn't seem to have an issue with feeding the baby a bottle. So it seems a bit sus.

It was damn cold here in North Central Texas. Also, if their power was out for very long, they would have been worrying about frozen and busted pipes when the power came back and it warmed up (above 30*) outside. I was fortunate not to lose power but so many of my friends did and it was not pretty.

There were rolling blackouts, as they explained, so the power would come on,  but they never knew for how long, so they would make the most of it while they had it.  

It was probably dramatized a lot for the show, but I doubt they wanted to go to a hotel/motel far enough away that wasn't also suffering from rolling blackouts and leave the dogs behind. So snuggling altogether in one room seems good to me. Maybe the fireplace they have is in a very large room and doesn't give off a lot of heat. 

I have a lot of coworkers who went through that cold snap and it wasn't fun for them. 

I live in the northeast and was without heat in early May for a week, and we had a cold snap and I was miserable, so I bet they were too. I at least wore a hat to sleep in though. 😝

On 6/18/2021 at 9:58 AM, Booger666 said:

It’s interesting so many of you think Shawniece needs to work on her communication skills.  I mean they both do, but I think Jephte is far worse than Shawniece.  He makes zero effort to compromise.  He wants 4 kids and she wants fewer than 4 so he tells her to come up with a plan to have 4.  Uhhh, seems like it’s his way or the highway.  She actually comes up with a good list and then asks to hear his plan.  He never acknowledges her list and refuses to answer the question about his plan.  Instead, he says that the plan was to try for a kid in the spring, she delayed the plan until fall, her decision made him really upset, so now he isn’t going to try in the fall.  That would make me crazy too, he is being passive aggressive and laying blame at her feet when she is trying to move forward.  To the camera he said that he didn’t want to put the kid pressure on her, but he never said that to her (or it wasn’t shown).  Regardless, he isn’t happy and she is constantly on edge and it has been this way for years.  They aren’t good together and they need to end it for their and Laura’s sake.

Didn't he cheat on her?  If he was so anxious for a bit family with her he should have been faithful!

As of right now I say its up to her if she wants more children with a cheater.

• Love 5
On 6/16/2021 at 10:11 PM, answerphone said:

This is so superficial and  shallow, but does anyone else wish Doug would go see a good cosmetic dermatologist?

I notice work has been done on removing them.  He has maybe one noticeable one left.

I saw a scene from his wedding...his face, right side was covered with big ugly moles!

His might have been the kind that require cutting and sewing by a plastic surgeon!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Lurk said:

I'll bet that was filmed after the storm was over. It seemed so scripted.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Rightside said:

I'll bet that was filmed after the storm was over. It seemed so scripted.

That makes sense, and would explain why they didn't seem very freaked out about it, and why they were barefoot, and with the kids not wearing any more clothes in the house than they normally would have been.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 6/25/2021 at 12:01 PM, cardigirl said:

There were rolling blackouts, as they explained, so the power would come on,  but they never knew for how long, so they would make the most of it while they had it.  

It was probably dramatized a lot for the show, but I doubt they wanted to go to a hotel/motel far enough away that wasn't also suffering from rolling blackouts and leave the dogs behind. So snuggling altogether in one room seems good to me. Maybe the fireplace they have is in a very large room and doesn't give off a lot of heat. 

I have a lot of coworkers who went through that cold snap and it wasn't fun for them. 

I live in the northeast and was without heat in early May for a week, and we had a cold snap and I was miserable, so I bet they were too. I at least wore a hat to sleep in though. 😝

II think they did over dramatize it for the show.

Those rolling blackouts were awful because it seemed like some people were hit more often with them than others. Some would have power for 15 minutes then out for hours instead of 15 minute outage every few hours. Then when the "rolling" became a 2+ day long time frame for some of my friends and coworkers.....they were beyond cold and stressed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Excuse me for not being up on my geography but doesn't Dallas typically get cold in the winter? I don't picture it as warm all year long. Bobby and Danielle acted like it was so out of the ordinary. 

Jepthe saying he wants a divorce. Whoa..... don't think Shawniece was expecting that to be said on camera. 

Erik and Virginn and the candle wax ear thing. So gross and so boring. 

Jamie and his liposuction. Did he try working out first? Maybe dieting a little more seriously? Nice to know Beth got a boob job so she supports Jamie's decision and they love each other soooooo much. Can't stand these two. 

Sorry to hear about Amelia and Bennett. I thought they were a great match. I guess the long distance relationship didn't work out after all.  

I fast forward through alot of Couples Cam lately. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Excuse me for not being up on my geography but doesn't Dallas typically get cold in the winter? I don't picture it as warm all year long. Bobby and Danielle acted like it was so out of the ordinary. 

It was out of the ordinary.  Dallas does get cold, and suffers ice storms sometimes, but this was unusual.  My brother's swimming pool froze hard enough to walk on.  True, a contributing factor was not having electricity to run the pump to circulate the water, but it has to be really cold for an extended period of time to freeze even a still swimming pool. 

Jepthe saying he wants a divorce. Whoa..... don't think Shawniece was expecting that to be said on camera. 

I look at that living room of theirs with awe.  Awe at how horrible it is, with one overhead light (that I'm picturing as a bare bulb), and that terrible furniture.  The footage with the remote camera makes it look like I'm watching a prison day room, only less well appointed.

Erik and Virginn and the candle wax ear thing. So gross and so boring. 

FYI, I looked up ear candling because I couldn't believe the amount of wax that had come out of their ears.  I understand ear anatomy and that just seemed impossible.  And sure enough, it is impossible.  You can burn one of those ear candles nowhere near an ear and it will develop that wax.

Jamie and his liposuction. Did he try working out first? Maybe dieting a little more seriously? Nice to know Beth got a boob job so she supports Jamie's decision and they love each other soooooo much. Can't stand these two. 

I don't normally watch this show, but my onscreen guide said Jamie was getting liposuction, and I was thinking it was Jamie Otis, and wondering how she was going to square that with her embracing body positivity or whatever (and I know about this only from reading the forums).  Imagine my surprise when it was Male Jamie.  The only good thing I can say about it is that at least it was a man surgically altering his body to achieve society's expectation.  I guess that's progress.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I look at that living room of theirs with awe.  Awe at how horrible it is, with one overhead light (that I'm picturing as a bare bulb), and that terrible furniture.  The footage with the remote camera makes it look like I'm watching a prison day room, only less well appointed.

Another sad living room is Keith and Christine's. They spend all that time and money renovating and still the living room has one old sofa and loveseat with nothing on the walls, no tables, area rugs, or decor of any kind. 

• Love 2
On 6/24/2021 at 8:47 PM, Lurk said:

I wondered how long their power was out during Texas Snowmageddon 2021. Unless they have a fireplace in the bedroom, hiding out in the bedroom with the kids to conserve heat was a terrible idea. The other thing to keep heat in is to keep drapes or curtains closed. With a baby as young as theirs, they should have been looking to stay at a motel or with friends or family with power. They didn't seem to have an issue with feeding the baby a bottle. So it seems a bit sus

On 6/30/2021 at 10:40 PM, Lurk said:

Those rolling blackouts were awful because it seemed like some people were hit more often with them than others. Some would have power for 15 minutes then out for hours instead of 15 minute outage every few hours. Then when the "rolling" became a 2+ day long time frame for some of my friends and coworkers.....they were beyond cold and stressed.

I live in North Dallas and was without power for almost 4 days - and unless you count the one time the power flickered on for less than a minute, there was nothing "rolling" about it.  By the end of day 2, I was so cold I couldn't stand it, spent about 4 hours on the phone looking for a hotel or airbnb that was close enough I could actually get there (the roads were iced over), and finally found one with a room available.  Literally, as I pulled up, the power went out, and they wouldn't let me check in.  Thankfully, I live about a half mile from where I work and saw our office building had power as I was coming back from the hotel - so ended up sleeping in the conference room with my cat for 2 nights.  And let me tell you, I was so grateful to finally be warm againI got a bit emotional.  (Okay, fine.  I might have ugly cried.  I had been so fucking cold!).

While (tangentially) on the subject of the Dodds, their segments make me wonder if Bobby was out of work during the pandemic?  He certainly spends like someone gainfully employed, but some of his comments make it seem like he just hangs out day in and day out.  And seriously, what the actual fuck was he thinking buying an almost $9k boat without talking to Danielle first?  So disrespectful of MAFS' Model Husband.

Happy to see all the babies arrived and are doing well - although not a fan of any of the names chosen.  Seems the next round will likely include Jess and Elizabeth - and if they go through a good stretch again, I wouldn't be surprised if Shawniece relents to having another, as well.

SO jealous of AJ and SexyAF's travels.  Love seeing their new adventures in the Keys.

Other, more general thought is that it seems like Couples' Cam has a ton of couples these days, with some of them appearing so infrequently, it just feels odd.  For example. I think we've seen Amelia once by video call and then finally saw a little bit of Bennett this week, bringing the sum total of what we've been shown about them so far to "Amelia is really busy with residency, and Bennett spent some time in New Orleans."  Which then had me thinking that it seems like some of the couples have, at least loosely, an actual storyline (e.g. Jess and Austin, Elizabeth and Jamie), while for others, we get what are more like random snap shots of their lives with no continuity or story arc.  Not that there's any real point to my musings, but now I've taken the time to type them out, might as well leave them here haha.

• Love 2
On 7/1/2021 at 2:21 PM, bichonblitz said:

Why would he get it done in North Carolina when they live in Calif? If something goes wrong later, he can't just go the next day to NC to see that Dr?

What happened to the marathon training they were doing to now that he needs lipo? It is really just a quick fix that doesn't last. 

Why is Beth so proud of him for doing it? The Dr did all the work. Is wasn't as if Jamie lost weight with diet and exercise.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

While (tangentially) on the subject of the Dodds, their segments make me wonder if Bobby was out of work during the pandemic?  He certainly spends like someone gainfully employed, but some of his comments make it seem like he just hangs out day in and day out.  And seriously, what the actual fuck was he thinking buying an almost $9k boat without talking to Danielle first?  So disrespectful of MAFS' Model Husband.

Bobby had some type of job where he worked at home and then travel for work. Because of Covid, he wasn't traveling for work.

I'm sure the boat purchase was scripted for the show. She knew about it.

They still bore me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Rightside said:

I'm sure the boat purchase was scripted for the show. She knew about it.

I remember on their season one of the issues with them was that she was in a lot of debt and he was the one debt free and was frugal with his money. I don't trust the reality of this show anymore. Same with Jamie and Beth and their screaming table flipping fights. If that were for real they would not be together now. 

8 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Why is Beth so proud of him for doing it? The Dr did all the work. Is wasn't as if Jamie lost weight with diet and exercise.

Exactly. He did nothing. He took the easy way out. Now he has to watch what he eats anyway. I heard once you have lipo any weight gain will not go back in the area that had the lipo but will settle somewhere else. Like his ass. Won't that be funny!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Exactly. He did nothing. He took the easy way out. Now he has to watch what he eats anyway. I heard once you have lipo any weight gain will not go back in the area that had the lipo but will settle somewhere else. Like his ass. Won't that be funny!

The fat, that was removed by lipo, can definitely grow back in the same spot where it was removed. His stomach will back to the same size as before by Christmas.   The before pic he had a shirt on so what really is the difference???

Remember the last meal he was eating the night before the surgery? Which I bet was fake too because I doubt the surgery prep allowed that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

From the Mayo Clinic:

"Liposuction is a permanent removal of fat cells. But getting liposuction doesn’t guarantee permanently stable weight over time. You can still gain and lose weight. Although the fat cells do not move, if you gain weight after you have liposuction, other areas of your body unaffected by the procedure may get bigger than they did with previous weight gains."

Good Luck with that,  Jamie! 

• Love 4

Shawniece would be so much better off without Jephte, since she is already the one doing all the work with Laura and the household, and this way she won't need to be resentful about what he isn't doing.  I was really appalled when she told him he needs to make her a priority, and he said, incredulously, "You are a priority...what you are talking about"...right after he had gone out for drinks after work for hours, without telling her where he was, and leaving her to handle everything with the house and Laura.  If they end up wanting to stay together, they really have got to go to couples counseling and learn to communicate.

• Love 6

Shawniece was always bitching that she did all the work but looked to me like Jephte did a lot too. He had a job that required him to work outside the home while Shawniece was quarantined and staying home and then when he was at home they showed him folding laundry and whatnot.

She was just impossible to talk to. He'd try and discuss something with her and she'd immediately go into shriek mode and start stomping her feet and waving her arms and yelling at him. I definitely agree though that they need to go to couples counselling to work on their communication techniques. I hope they can work it out for Laura's sake as she is so adorable. She looks and acts so much like her dad too so it would be a shame if he isn't around for her.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, shok said:

Shawniece was always bitching that she did all the work but looked to me like Jephte did a lot too. He had a job that required him to work outside the home while Shawniece was quarantined and staying home and then when he was at home they showed him folding laundry and whatnot.

Jeph was teacher. Does he have a different job?

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Rightside said:

The fat, that was removed by lipo, can definitely grow back in the same spot where it was removed. His stomach will back to the same size as before by Christmas.   The before pic he had a shirt on so what really is the difference???

Remember the last meal he was eating the night before the surgery? Which I bet was fake too because I doubt the surgery prep allowed that.

The photo was probably impacted by after surgery swelling.  That last meal was certainly the day before surgery.  Technically the last meal was the day before.  Reality shows don't get into the details.   I hope he can say active and. keep it off his stomach.

• Love 2
On 7/2/2021 at 3:46 PM, bichonblitz said:

I don't trust the reality of this show anymore.

I came here to say this after the most recent few episodes. The Jamie & Doug “acting” is painful & they’re grasping at a clearly fake-ass “Oh noes! Cheating?” storyline to try to stay in the lineup (boring & fake). Ditto the Ashley/Anthony breast milk thing (stupid & fake). Show has jumped the shark, as evidenced by 3 weeks + with no posts here. Ouch. LOL

• Love 4

Doug- goes to grocery store during pandemic and doesn't return for 4 hrs? Did Jamie demand to know where he was for 4 hrs? 

Another incident- Cell phone dies so he follows a random chick home to charge his phone? Doesn't return home until 10pm. 

If true, aside from being all kinds of sketchy, Dougie is a weirdo. Jamie, honey, you have problems.

Why are they bothering showing Virgin and Eric next week? It's on social media they are divorcing.  

Austin and Jess, Gregg and Deonna, Jepthe and Shawniece all seemed like real life. 

Anthony and Ashley- I like these two but their stories are always so boring and lame. Breast milk in Anthony's food and coffee? They have a newborn and a toddler, there must be something else for them to do. 

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Why are they bothering showing Virgin and Eric next week? It's on social media they are divorcing.  

These shows have already been taped and completed, as is the whole Season 13, so they aren't going to start editing them.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Doug- goes to grocery store during pandemic and doesn't return for 4 hrs? Did Jamie demand to know where he was for 4 hrs? 

Another incident- Cell phone dies so he follows a random chick home to charge his phone? Doesn't return home until 10pm. 

If true, aside from being all kinds of sketchy, Dougie is a weirdo. Jamie, honey, you have problems.

I don't watch Couples Cam, but Doug?  This sure sounds sketchy but I wonder if the producers are messing with us and he's planning some sort of surprise for Jamie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't watch Couples Cam, but Doug?  This sure sounds sketchy but I wonder if the producers are messing with us and he's planning some sort of surprise for Jamie.

I barely watch it; however, the snippets I did catch always have me cringing with the obvious friction there is between them, all initiated by Jamie.

IF these little Doug "shenanigans" are true, they smack more of "passive-aggression" than anything else, IMO.  Doug seems very intimidated by Jamie.

• Love 3

In the past, the Couples Cam episodes have been available for replay on the Lifetime site along with the regular episodes, and last season there was a separate show entry on the site for Couples Cam.  But I cannot find this season anywhere, including Amazon, which has the regular episodes and Unfiltered.  Has anyone been able to find the Couples Cam current season on-line?

2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

In the past, the Couples Cam episodes have been available for replay on the Lifetime site along with the regular episodes, and last season there was a separate show entry on the site for Couples Cam.  But I cannot find this season anywhere, including Amazon, which has the regular episodes and Unfiltered.  Has anyone been able to find the Couples Cam on-line?

https://play.mylifetime.com/shows/married-at-first-sight-couples-cam

I watched the most recent episode.  I agree that there's something fake about the Jamie O. cheating accusation.  Either it's just made up for the show or he's planning a surprise.

Jephte and Shawniece are painful to watch.  I agree that there's probably stuff that doesn't make it on screen because it feels like they're arguing about more than just what we see.  I also agree that Jephte says he wants to work with her but then defaults to wanting everything his way or no way.  I don't blame her for not being enthusiastic about having more kids when they're not in a good place with each other, but she needs to tell him that's the reason.  Throw the ball back in his court and don't let him say the right things and not follow through.  I don't get why he thinks having kids is the solution to anything.  I understand why someone might think he's having an affair because he clearly sees Shawniece as his "baby mama", and pretty much that's it, so it does seem like he's getting other needs met elsewhere.  I don't understand why neither of them thought getting counseling might be a good idea before splitting up unless they tried that and I missed hearing about it.

I also find their apartment depressing and too small, plus I wonder how good that situation is living so close to her family.  Did they not have enough money to find a nicer situation?  Because I can't help but feel like that place doesn't help their relationship.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I watched the most recent episode.  I agree that there's something fake about the Jamie O. cheating accusation.  Either it's just made up for the show or he's planning a surprise.

Jephte and Shawniece are painful to watch.  I agree that there's probably stuff that doesn't make it on screen because it feels like they're arguing about more than just what we see.  I also agree that Jephte says he wants to work with her but then defaults to wanting everything his way or no way.  I don't blame her for not being enthusiastic about having more kids when they're not in a good place with each other, but she needs to tell him that's the reason.  Throw the ball back in his court and don't let him say the right things and not follow through.  I don't get why he thinks having kids is the solution to anything.  I understand why someone might think he's having an affair because he clearly sees Shawniece as his "baby mama", and pretty much that's it, so it does seem like he's getting other needs met elsewhere.  I don't understand why neither of them thought getting counseling might be a good idea before splitting up unless they tried that and I missed hearing about it.

I also find their apartment depressing and too small, plus I wonder how good that situation is living so close to her family.  Did they not have enough money to find a nicer situation?  Because I can't help but feel like that place doesn't help their relationship.

Their place is depressing. It would put me in a bad mood too.

• Love 6

Well, Jephte cheated on Shawniece before Laura was even born, so I'm not sure what she thought would magically change him.

They should go their separate ways, raising Laura as two happy, but separate, parents.  Rather than two miserable people sharing a tiny apartment.  Laura is at an age where she sees, hears, and knows a lot.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Well, Jephte cheated on Shawniece before Laura was even born, so I'm not sure what she thought would magically change him.

They should go their separate ways, raising Laura as two happy, but separate, parents.  Rather than two miserable people sharing a tiny apartment.  Laura is at an age where she sees, hears, and knows a lot.

That’s how I feel too. I don’t enjoy their segments and find myself saying,  just end it already. They are both in a state of entropy and nothing is going to change. It makes me wonder if they stay together for the income of Couple’s Cam because they appear to be struggling financially. Not that I necessarily blame them if that’s the case but it’s depressing to watch. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

18 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Where does Laura sleep?  It sure looks like she sleeps in their bedroom.  I'm sure that does wonders for Jephte and Shawniece's relationship.

With Jephte wanting more kids, I have never heard them address the financial aspect.  I don't see how they could live where they currently are, which means they would need to move.  If they can't afford to move now, how would they be able to move later, when there is another mouth to feed?  I haven't heard them discuss any plan to get to where any of that is financially feasible.  And as miserable as Jephte is, why on earth does he keep talking about wanting more kids, with Shawniece?

Is Shawniece just a habitual shit stirrer?  There was no need for her to mention anything about Jephte having closed that door, and especially no need for her little dig comment afterward.

• Love 1
On 7/31/2021 at 12:43 AM, Yeah No said:

I don't understand why neither of them thought getting counseling might be a good idea before splitting up unless they tried that and I missed hearing about it.

Believe they went to counseling but didn’t show it on camera.  IIRC, the time Jephte took Laura to visit his family because they were fighting Jephte’s brother mentioned it and Jephte said he didn’t want to do counseling again.  Also think last year Shawniece suggested they go back to a marriage counselor and Jephte said no, he didn’t think more counseling was the answer. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

The disintegration of their marriage was clearly showing on Eric & Virginia. He looked like he has aged 10 years and Virginia’s complexion was tragic, not to mention how bad the long jet black straggly hair looked.  

• Love 2

I groaned every time Shawniece was on screen.  She is so depressing.  She cries all the time.  Why do we want to watch that?  This should be a fun little show to let us know how the couples are getting on.  But instead we get these long scenes of Shawniece and Jephte sitting under their FAMILY sign on the wall fighting.   

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I groaned every time Shawniece was on screen.  She is so depressing.  She cries all the time.  Why do we want to watch that?  This should be a fun little show to let us know how the couples are getting on.  But instead we get these long scenes of Shawniece and Jephte sitting under their FAMILY sign on the wall fighting.   

I don't watch Couples Cam but I was channel surfing and caught the last 10 minutes or so and Shawniece was so depressing I changed the channel.  I've read on here about their marital issues and just seeing them for a few minutes was depressing.  I'm sure the producers are sorry they chose them to be on this show because nobody wants to see her and Jepthe  crying and wallowing on that depressing sofa in that depressing place.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm sure the producers are sorry they chose them to be on this show because nobody wants to see her and Jepthe  crying and wallowing on that depressing sofa in that depressing place.

I doubt it. I'm sure there are plenty of people like me who like watching the two of them. They are at least true life, not inane vignettes like some of the other couples make up. I mean Ashley and Anthony? One week it's about him drinking her breast milk and the next it's about all their poop talk. Hell, give me Shawniece and Jepthe trying to work out their difficulties any day. I wish them luck in figuring it all out so that darling Laura can have a good home life.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5