Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Hard Habit To Break

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Does Mommy Usman have a bidet at her hovel so that she knew immediately to use that to cleanse before prayers?

That was odd, like when Sonja (of RHONY), filled her bidet with ice and put her face in it, just ick.

My question is if Mommy Usman is so religious how is she okay with Usman having premarital sex and there is no chaperone?  She did not say one thing about her son doin' it but she sure had a lot to say about whether Lisa is the right choice, I almost took up for Lisa, that felt weird. 

What is the point of Lisa pretending to pray with Mommy Usman, she does not have a clue what the prayers are.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

"Stace . . . they want us to go visit our brother's grave.  Let's dress up like hookers, puff up our lips and see if we can remember where it is.  And let's buy some flowers that are as garish as we are."

But of course, they *always* dress up like hookers, no matter the occasion. I'm always amazed no one approaches Darcey when she totters around town with everything she's got on display. I imagine production keeps someone on the payroll whose only job is deterring would be johns so they don't interfere with filming.

Edited by renatae
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

About Mary.

She is Geffy’s friend, probably is in love with him but he doesn’t notice, or sees her as Plan B or C or D in case others don’t work out.

Geffy meets the exotic Varya online. She is his ‘soulmate’. He saves some rubles and goes off to Russia to meet her. Things are awkward but they slowly connect. He brings up his criminal past to her and her family. All have suspicions, but mostly the family.

Just before he leaves, he proposes. It seems a little fast. They are just getting to know each other. Varya doesn’t exactly say no - just not yet. Reality is that it is a bit soon. maybe after another couple of visits and more time - see how each handles anger, getting sick, etc.  Geffy thinks she wants a green card and he is the golden ticket. At the airport, he kinda dumps her. He didn’t get what he wanted and tossed her aside. Probably knowing he has a back up in Mary. He wouldn’t put in more time with Varya to make her comfortable enough to say yes to him.

Varya still texts him and tries to contact him, maybe thinking they are still involved.

After a couple of weeks, Geffy has moved on to Mary. She waited patiently and he is now hers.

Varya shows up. Surprise!

Mary is there and Geffy, who didn’t get his way, has forgotten about her after a month. He obviously likes two women wanting him, knowing full well that there is probably a third one in the wings. Seems to overlap women. If he genuinely loved Varya, he would wait til she was ready.

Varya treats Mary badly, and we see a very different woman to the cool, collected Varya. Probably drama for the sake of it. Vary and Mary should meet for lunch, compare notes and kick Geffy to the curb.

• Love 12

I have a lot to say but I am not quite prepared to unload...but:  That cemetery scene was just not necessary at all.  Look, my beloved dad passed in 1985 when I was 20 and that scene really bothered me.  It did not open a flood of emotions (like perhaps some of you had, and I am sorry for that) it just had the bad BAD stink of exploitation.  "He was our protector, he would have never let these men treat you this way, Darc!"  Yeah.....maybe, maybe not, but THAT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HIS JOB.  Stop trying to manipulate what the present might have been, ladies.  It is YOUR job to lay out the boundaries on how you are allowed to be treated, and me thinks it would have been the same.   It had NOTHING to do with obtaining a K-1, overseas dating, nothing but a bad smell.

I have a lot to say about Lisa opening up the door for opinions then getting pissed at the answers that came back, but I am not ready to write about it yet, lol.  Who tells the MALE  siblings of your fiance about your problems, that he is not 50/50 with you, then gets pissed at the answers?  That it did NOT come back in her favor and it was a wonder to behold.

• Love 19
(edited)

I'm 95% certain that the reason why Lisa had her feet washed in the toilet with hand shower attachment was because that bathroom was too tiny for them to do it in the bath tub/shower stall and also film it for the show. I'm allowing for a 5% variance in that Usman wanted to subtly stick it to her. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 5/23/2020 at 3:43 AM, mamadrama said:

Australians can get an expedited passport in three weeks. Since Ash isn't applying as an Australian, but as an immigrant, I'm sure there's more red tape involved. Still, even as an over estimate a year seems abnormally long. When my husband applied for an American passport (he's in the US legally as a permanent resident) it took 3 months-and wait time was uncharacteristically long at the time. Ash's Australian citizenship status might be what's causing the issue-IF there's an issue at all.

I would bet anything, he has not applied for it.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Why was he in prison exactly?  Selling drugs?  Was there a gun involved?  Anyone know the story?  His two sons look like nice kids.

Head over to the couples thread for details.   There is a lot more than just drug dealing in his background, and some very current things too.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

I just cannot fathom how she thought that was going to turn into a win for her.  Is this what works in the fifty other men who want to marry her?

Because, she is IGNORANT as well as VILE and DISRESPECTFUL.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Lana has been so cold towards him and she can barely hide her distaste.

But, as someone above said, he assumes the green card is such bait that it will overcome Lana's physical disgust.  

Lana appears to be a lot smarter than Rose was!

Edited by Kid
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, blubld43 said:

I never say this about anything, I swear, but I was triggered by that scene too.  My nephew died at 27, a couple of years ago, and this scene was just exploitative and painful.  Not related to the story line at all.

This was over the top, especially on this particular weekend when people are grieving the soldiers.  Those two “so called actresses” make me sick.  Enough of them already.  Unnecessary.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

Can we talk about David's bowling?  Like really, WTF was that?  He's a retired pro?  That's just too funny!  He was tripping over himself when he threw the ball! lol

Too funny! My husband was a professional bowler when we were first married. We tried to find any evidence of David being a pro, but couldn't find anything on him. I think he was a professional in his own mind.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, LabScientist said:

Too funny! My husband was a professional bowler when we were first married. We tried to find any evidence of David being a pro, but couldn't find anything on him. I think he was a professional in his own mind.

I think he exaggerated his history.  "I was on a bowling professional league.

• LOL 1
(edited)

Varya is, for lack of a better word, a c*nt.  I really don't think this was producer set up and that Varya was acting.  I think this is the real Varya.  

I felt sorry for Mary.   The fact that Geoffrey just let her walk away and didn't send Varya packing was telling.  She's way too good for him and I hope she lets him be miserable with Varya.

And it's another reason why you don't just jump into another relationship that quick just b/c you got your heart broken.   My daughter just did that after her boyfriend of 4 months broke up.  I knew that she wouldn't take time to heal.  Now BF wants her back and she's pretty much broken the heart of the rebounder.  I mean, it's COVID so there isn't really dating but still.  Let your heart heal before you fuck with someone else's just b/c you were hurt.  But shit, my daughter is only 18.  Geoffrey, in his 40s, couldn't be single for more than 2 weeks?

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, ChiMama said:

I think Avery has already written Ash off for fakery/skeevy/dishonesty reasons and is bringing up the time and distance and Taj issues so she can gently dump him a month after she gets safely home. Plus, no full-on kissing at the airport when you won’t see “the love of your life” for who knows how long?! That was weird - hugs and forehead kisses. Finally, Ash’s hair reminds me of my favorite line from Wanda Sykes to Jane Fonda in Monster-in-Law: “Comb your hair — you look like a damn cockatoo!” LOL

I totally agree.  Avery was done with him the minute he called her heartless.  I think she's just being nice so he won't go psycho before she left.  She'll get home and start the ghosting proceedings.

• Love 15

I think the graveyard scene was Darcy’s attempt to reboot her image, as she must know most viewers can’t stand her.

How did dogs which were not service animals get into the airport? Even if production made it happen it sends a message that pets can come along for the ride.

Was Ash a FAS baby? The wild-eyed look, all the blinking. Reminds me of a friend whose mother drank while pregnant.

Usman, no green card is worth marrying that overbearing shrew. You’ll wind up in an episode of Snapped.

Geoffrey’s one of these guys who gets turned on by a foreign accent. I friend of mine married a girl from the Czech Republic within 3 months of meeting her. His previous attempts at finding a woman to make a future with were all foreigners. And both my friend and Geoffrey are getting a huge kick out of women fighting over him.

If production is going to continue to set up fake scenes they need to hire a continuity editor who knows what they are doing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

I was dying when David said "I'd like to invite you to my hotel room tonight"

Lana has been so cold towards him and she can barely hide her distaste.

He said he wants to look at her eyes every minute, but then sits next to her instead of across from her and cannot see her eyes-to-heaven and cringes at nearly everything he says.  How can he not feel how she stiffens when he hugs and touches her?

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

About Mary.

She is Geffy’s friend, probably is in love with him but he doesn’t notice, or sees her as Plan B or C or D in case others don’t work out.

Geffy meets the exotic Varya online. She is his ‘soulmate’. He saves some rubles and goes off to Russia to meet her. Things are awkward but they slowly connect. He brings up his criminal past to her and her family. All have suspicions, but mostly the family.

Just before he leaves, he proposes. It seems a little fast. They are just getting to know each other. Varya doesn’t exactly say no - just not yet. Reality is that it is a bit soon. maybe after another couple of visits and more time - see how each handles anger, getting sick, etc.  Geffy thinks she wants a green card and he is the golden ticket. At the airport, he kinda dumps her. He didn’t get what he wanted and tossed her aside. Probably knowing he has a back up in Mary. He wouldn’t put in more time with Varya to make her comfortable enough to say yes to him.

Varya still texts him and tries to contact him, maybe thinking they are still involved.

After a couple of weeks, Geffy has moved on to Mary. She waited patiently and he is now hers.

Varya shows up. Surprise!

Mary is there and Geffy, who didn’t get his way, has forgotten about her after a month. He obviously likes two women wanting him, knowing full well that there is probably a third one in the wings. Seems to overlap women. If he genuinely loved Varya, he would wait til she was ready.

Varya treats Mary badly, and we see a very different woman to the cool, collected Varya. Probably drama for the sake of it. Vary and Mary should meet for lunch, compare notes and kick Geffy to the curb.

This is one of the few interactions that I don't think is producer set up.

Mary has been a friend. On paper, Mary is good for Geoffrey.  He knows that.  She's attractive, but she's not exotic to Geoffrey.   Very rarely do Men put women in friend zone immediately and then fall in love with them.  My guess is Varya probably made marriage sound like the distinct possibility if they got along well in Russia.  It was tough at first, but then they seemed to gel towards the end.  So he probably thought marriage was a yes.  He probably also thought no, or not now = your past is preventing me from you.  

I think his past makes the perceived rejection a lot harder --- this is another woman who can't fully love him b/c of his past crimes.  In pops Mary!  The only woman that has truly loved me.

But he's not in love, never has been in love with her, and has to talk himself into feeling in love with her.  B/c she looks great on paper.

In pops the exotic Russian who suddenly realized Geoffrey's past doesn't matter!  I'm whole again, he feels.  I've made someone overcome the past that I have. 

I truly feel like we're seeing Geoffrey go through the battle of Mary = comfort, loves me for me, she's dependable, she's reliable and I should love her.  Varya excites me, but is she right for me? 

He loves Mary.  He's not in love with her.  And that's why he hasn't fully pushed her off the cliff yet for Varya.  It's just sad that Mary ever let her guard down b/c she clearly knew she was the rebound for him.

Edited by sasha206
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I still haven't been able to properly come to terms  with Ash and his jeggings.  I give props to those of you who have been able to deal with them.  I just can't.

What I don't get is that they are so baggy in the butt but so tight everywhere else.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

What I don't get is that they are so baggy in the butt but so tight everywhere else.

It is the elastic.  Every time you stand then sit then stand you are stressing and loosening the elastic.  

(edited)
4 hours ago, blubld43 said:

With all the shenanigans last night I almost forgot David.  Did anyone else see the flash of anger when she refused to go to his hotel room??  Asking for the "affection he needs" or some such bs; what he's saying is that she's bought and paid for, and she better put out.

I believe in my bones that the man could be dangerous if rejected.  Just like Geoffrey.

I got that feeling too, but David was so off balance while bowling that I was reassured that Lana could easily tip him over and run away if he came at her. She should skip their next meeting, and a few hours later message him through the expensive "dating" site saying she is shy and "not that kind of woman" who would join him in his hotel room on the second date for a box of chocolates. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

I was dying when David said "I'd like to invite you to my hotel room tonight"

Technically, I don't think he said the word ROOM, just invited her to his hotel. But who knows what showed up on the translation device. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2
Just now, MrBuhBye said:

David is so cheap the chocolates are probably a Whitman’s sampler.

We've done a lot of cruises, and often save the on-the-pillow chocolates every night for consumption when we get home (since we're usually still full from dinner when we get back to our cabin for the night).

I've - unfortunately - underestimated how long those will last in a plastic bag.  They were nasty.

I suspect that something like that could be the source of David's "gift."

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Why was he in prison exactly?  Selling drugs?

that's what he confessed to

3 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

and yikes that was one big ginormous ring? Looked like a thumb ring. 

or the nose ring for a bull

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, blubld43 said:

With all the shenanigans last night I almost forgot David.  Did anyone else see the flash of anger when she refused to go to his hotel room??  Asking for the "affection he needs" or some such bs; what he's saying is that she's bought and paid for, and she better put out.

I believe in my bones that the man could be dangerous if rejected.  Just like Geoffrey.

2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I got that feeling too, but David was so off balance while bowling that I was reassured that Lana could easily tip him over and run away if he came at her. She should skip their next meeting, and a few hours later claim to be shy and "not that kind of woman" who would join him in his hotel room on the second date for a box of chocolates. 

I agree with both of you. He's not right.

David looks very dangerous if he's rejected. That quiet anger is terrifying to me. He's smiling, requesting her to be with him in his hotel room, but when you look at those eyes, they look threatening. The constant touching that she's not reciprocating, her body language, long silences, strange small talk (Rabbit? We call them bunnies!) are all things that David is failing to see as awkward. Because of the time and money he's invested in Lana, she better be intimate with him! I don't really care to see how this plays out because Lana isn't real. She's fortunate to have the filming crew so there's safety there. I'm hoping after she rejects him and his skeevy offer of affection, this the last he sees of her. He doesn't have her phone number and doesn't know where she lives. Next time he returns to stalk her he'll start hanging out at skating rinks.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Lana is like a double agent she reels me in because she does look anxious then I think she is a con in the next breath.

There is something off about Lisa.  She went from, "I don't need you; I don't need this; I am out;" to wailing, "I am so happy, this is all I've ever wanted" in two minutes flat.  

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I think he exaggerated his history.  "I was on a bowling professional league.

maybe he was the league's scorekeeper in the days when it wasn't figured out for you

• LOL 10
8 hours ago, cynicat said:

Get off my screen Darcey and Stacey.

Why were they even on this episode.  Tom is gone, Jessie is gone.  What is the point of Darcey now?

I think Lisa has given Usman money to support his "career."  And now she's looking to collect. 

Ed is a horrible little man.  He wanted to find a younger woman from an impoverished country that he could order around.  Didn't Rose call Ed her "king?"  Ugh.

David imagines that he's a character in a some romance/spy novel with his long black pleather coat, too bad Lana isn't in that same novel.

Geoffrey, Mary and Varya act like they are participants on the Maury show.  All they need is for Geoffrey to take a lie detector test. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Why were they even on this episode.  Tom is gone, Jessie is gone.  What is the point of Darcey now?

I think Lisa has given Usman money to support his "career."  And now she's looking to collect. 

Ed is a horrible little man.  He wanted to find a younger woman from an impoverished country that he could order around.  Didn't Rose call Ed her "king?"  Ugh.

David imagines that he's a character in a some romance/spy novel with his long black pleather coat, too bad Lana isn't in that same novel.

Geoffrey, Mary and Varya act like they are participants on the Maury show.  All they need is for Geoffrey to take a lie detector test. 

I think you're right about Lisa giving Usman some money, I can't think of any other possible reason she feels so free to be awful.

Geoffrey would love being on Jerry Springer.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I think you're right about Lisa giving Usman some money, I can't think of any other possible reason she feels so free to be awful.

And I don't see any reason why Usman would be interested in Lisa except for $$$.

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Varya is, for lack of a better word, a c*nt.  I really don't think this was producer set up and that Varya was acting.  I think this is the real Varya.  

She was HORRID.

The arrogance of showing up uninvited, and ordering Geoffrey's invited guest out of the house while insulting her on the way out had me shouting at the TV.

Varya's Maury Povich level of trashiness was especially jarring in contrast to Mary who never took the bait and remained classy throughout her undeserved humiliation by Siberian Crazy Stalker Girlfriend.

If that wasn't bad enough, Varya was hanging around with Geoff and Mary's mutual friends and had the audacity to want to violently oust Mary from spending time with her long time friends (inlcuding Geoff) because Geoff must have all his female companionship needs satisfied by Varya.

She is beyond possessive, she is demented.

Now that I hate her personality, I hate her face. The permanent upturned mouth corners, the meandering eye, the halted speech pattern are now very IRRITATING to me. VERY IRRITATING!

• Love 13
(edited)

Crazy David claiming he used to be a pro bowler is about believable as Baby Girl Lisa being  able to get pregnant also does  Lisa own any different dresses ... Geoffrey is a complete attention whore .... you know he had wood when the two women confronted each other 

Edited by FrankieTankie
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
(edited)

After watching this Dr Phil show from 2014 (the woman in that show was much better looking than Lisa) I would not be a bit surprised if Lisa funded Usman's video.  However Lisa would probably die before admitting she gave him any money.  He might have told her, "you're my manager" or some nonsense like that.

For me, sex isn't something that just men want, women like sex too.  There is nothing wrong with sex, it is normal.  What bugs me about men like David and Ed as well as women like Lisa, is they feel they are OWED sex, "I'm here, I'm American, you should WANT ME no matter how nasty and inappropriate I am."

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I felt sorry for Mary.   The fact that Geoffrey just let her walk away and didn't send Varya packing was telling.  She's way too good for him and I hope she lets him be miserable with Varya.

And it's another reason why you don't just jump into another relationship that quick just b/c you got your heart broken.   My daughter just did that after her boyfriend of 4 months broke up.  I knew that she wouldn't take time to heal.  Now BF wants her back and she's pretty much broken the heart of the rebounder.  I mean, it's COVID so there isn't really dating but still.  Let your heart heal before you fuck with someone else's just b/c you were hurt.  But shit, my daughter is only 18.  Geoffrey couldn't be single for more than 2 weeks?

Oh .. 18 yrs old.  My heart was broken at 18.  I was devastated.  He came home from the Army and just wanted to sit in the bar with his buddies.  I lost 10 lbs over the sadness.  Then I met my husband and am married forever.  The other one who broke my heart never married, and still calls me when my husband is at work and says it was the biggest mistake of his life.  FUCK him.  I have three beautiful children and a great husband.  Little does your daughter know, things happen for a reason.  

• Love 9
(edited)

If we took a drink every time Lisa walked off In a huff and said, “I’m done!,” we would have alcohol poisoning!!!!

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

He said he wants to look at her eyes every minute, but then sits next to her instead of across from her and cannot see her eyes-to-heaven and cringes at nearly everything he says.  How can he not feel how she stiffens when he hugs and touches her?

Thinking more along the lines that he has a better chance of grabbing her wrist and hanging on when she makes her escape attempt...

Second option...climbing out of the ladies’ room window to disappear into the night...

• Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I think this episode proves why David didn't pursue anything with that other sweet Ukranian girl- she wouldn't fuck him either. He's so gross.

I don't know why David can't pay to get laid here in the U.S.; you can't tell me there are no sex workers with accents in the legal brothels right in his own state.

I guess this way he gets to keep this ridiculous fantasy of a hot young woman, madly in love with him.  That coat looks like a flasher coat to me.

Edited by blubld43
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I've noticed that Lisa has never said anything about her financial situation or whether or not she has sent Usman money which has been a plot line with many other Americans on the show. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

Yep, he started getting all shifty eyed and double talk-ey when Avery asked about it

If his lips are moving, he's obfuscating.  Did he ever give a straight answer to anything?  A simple yes or no, without qualifications?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Kid said:

I would bet anything, he has not applied for it.

Yeah, and then there's that.

He'll, he may have a chick at every port and he's held off on applying for a visa or passport because he was waiting to see who bit first.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Oh .. 18 yrs old.  My heart was broken at 18.  I was devastated.  He came home from the Army and just wanted to sit in the bar with his buddies.  I lost 10 lbs over the sadness.  Then I met my husband and am married forever.  The other one who broke my heart never married, and still calls me when my husband is at work and says it was the biggest mistake of his life.  FUCK him.  I have three beautiful children and a great husband.  Little does your daughter know, things happen for a reason.  

Aw, I love your love story!  A happy ending!

I was actually pretty heartbroken over their breakup mainly b/c this kid is the nicest kid.  He's honest to a fault and very mature for his age.  I chalk it up to him being homeschooled!   But it looks like their breakup was just a temporary thing.  He's coming over today.

But I have told her very few people meet at 18 and stay together.  Don't put all of your happiness into one person.  But that he has the qualities she should look for in whomever she dates!

• Love 2