Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Hard Habit To Break

• Start Topic

On 5/24/2020 at 4:22 PM, spunky said:

Ed is a creep. He really thought he could get away with ill treating a young single mother , because she was living in poverty. He didn’t expect Rose to have enough self respect to walk away from him. He’s lying now to save his bruised ego.

I agree, but I've begun to think something occurs to these guys when it gets closer to engagement-ring time:  I think it starts to dawn on them that if they take this gorgeous out-of-their-league woman back to the states with them, 1) nobody will believe she's truly in love with him and will find it difficult to conceal their contempt that he had to buy a bride 2) it's going to dawn on her that she's way out of his league and will find it difficult to conceal her contempt that he had to buy a bride.

• Love 11
On 5/24/2020 at 10:44 PM, magemaud said:

Maybe I'm heartless, and I know from personal experience that it's hard to lose a sibling, but I thought the whole cemetery scene and mourning the loss of their brother had absolutely nothing to do with anything on the show. I suppose it was to give us insight into why Darcey and Stacey act the way they do? 

I'm sorry but it took far more than a dead sibling to turn Darcey into the hot mess that she is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Victim Noises said:

I'm sorry but it took far more than a dead sibling to turn Darcey into the hot mess that she is.

I think it was more to give them more story to end the season, and to give more back story to their stupid clothing line.  They said previously that they got House of 11 somehow from their brother.  And your right, that train wreck had way more than one cause.

• Love 3

I am rewatching the latest episode and Lisa wants Usman to propose to her on bended knee, etc...and for some reason she equates him not formally proposing to people will think she "is pregnant to you (as in Usman)", who says pregnant to you?  Also, no one, absolutely no one will think she is pregnant. 

Her pronounced, bloated belly looks like she has an abdominal aortic aneurysm waiting to burst.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

people will think she "is pregnant to you (as in Usman)", who says pregnant to you? 

I thought she was explaining what the term "knocked up" meant when she said [that's] "pregnant to you" but that reminds me another pet peeve I have on this show. How often do people say "married with you/him/her". Isn't it "TO"? 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

I thought she was explaining what the term "knocked up" meant when she said [that's] "pregnant to you" but that reminds me another pet peeve I have on this show. How often do people say "married with you/him/her". Isn't it "TO"? 

English isn't easy for these people, and I mean the Americans.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Mothra said:

I agree, but I've begun to think something occurs to these guys when it gets closer to engagement-ring time:  I think it starts to dawn on them that if they take this gorgeous out-of-their-league woman back to the states with them, 1) nobody will believe she's truly in love with him and will find it difficult to conceal their contempt that he had to buy a bride 2) it's going to dawn on her that she's way out of his league and will find it difficult to conceal her contempt that he had to buy a bride.

Also that once she is in the USA she is going to have more freedoms and options. Yes there are awful men who purchase women for “marriage” and abuse them, keep them locked up etc, but for the run of the mill “guy who bought a bride”, is he going to wonder that every time she leaves the house she may meet someone else? If she starts hanging out with other people and making friends will she want to stay with him?

Especially for someone in Rose’s position who’s SO MUCH younger and speaks conversational English- she could easily make friends her own age and theres a big Filipino community in Southern Cali. 

This isn’t just about looks. Mismatched couples in the looks department stay together all the time, and in a heteronormative frame work, youth and beauty have more currency for women than men, but if you have NOTHING to over the other person as a companion, financial comforts will only get you so far. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Also that once she is in the USA she is going to have more freedoms and options. Yes there are awful men who purchase women for “marriage” and abuse them, keep them locked up etc, but for the run of the mill “guy who bought a bride”, is he going to wonder that every time she leaves the house she may meet someone else? If she starts hanging out with other people and making friends will she want to stay with him?

This isn’t just about looks. Mismatched couples in the looks department stay together all the time, and in a heteronormative frame work, youth and beauty have more currency for women than men, but if you have NOTHING to over the other person as a companion, financial comforts will only get you so far. 

This makes me think of Pao and Russ. She wanted to move to Florida because it's more of the community she wanted to be in. She made friends there so easily and next thing you know, Russ is there because she's not to be trusted. She's too lazy to work and earn money. She can't hack it as a model. Russ does everything he can to please her and she'll always walk all over him. Plus she's got a selfish personality and is too much about her appearance. Russ looks miserable and now there's a child in the mix.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Especially for someone in Rose’s position who’s SO MUCH younger and speaks conversational English- she could easily make friends her own age and theres a big Filipino community in Southern Cali. 

This franchise is rife with people who weaponize the adjustment of status paperwork to keep conteol.  Ashley/Jay and colt/Larissa come to mind.  

I think if Ed got rose here he'd drag his feet of filing the adjustment of status paperwork but he'd always have some bullshit "nice guy" excuse. 

If ed brought her here it would be as a nursemaid he could bang when he felt like it.  Of course, if she didn't bang him all the time, he'd claim that she didn't really LOVE him and therefore he shouldn't file for the adjustment of status. 

1 hour ago, kendi said:

This makes me think of Pao and Russ. She wanted to move to Florida because it's more of the community she wanted to be in. She made friends there so easily and next thing you know, Russ is there because she's not to be trusted. She's too lazy to work and earn money. She can't hack it as a model. Russ does everything he can to please her and she'll always walk all over him. Plus she's got a selfish personality and is too much about her appearance. Russ looks miserable and now there's a child in the mix.

Russ looks like a guy who leaves his balls in pao's purse.  That doormat quality is remarkably unattractive and I don't know how she can bear to have sex with him. Gross. 

• Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

Russ looks like a guy who leaves his balls in pao's purse.  That doormat quality is remarkably unattractive and I don't know how she can bear to have sex with him. Gross. 

Could not agree more.  And subconsciously he knows it, thus the constant arguing.  

Of course I say some iteration of that for 90% of these people.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, magemaud said:

I KNOW!!! Married with you, what is that? Ugh.

On 5/27/2020 at 8:36 PM, KariLois said:

Just like in his own mind he believes that Lana is madly in love with him and that his black leather coat is fashionable.

Another irritating and childish murmur from David is his "brrrr it's cold." Repeated every time he sees Lana. Wear appropriate clothing, hat and gloves. Or stop your bitching, weirdo. This guy gets on my last nerve. I feel better now. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

Another irritating and childish murmur from David is his "brrrr it's cold." Repeated every time he sees Lana. Wear appropriate clothing, hat and gloves. Or stop your bitching, weirdo. This guy gets on my last nerve. I feel better now. 

It was in the 30s lol.  He is spoiled in Vegas.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

He's probably thinking/hoping Lana will hug him to warm him up.  Nyet!  She should take him to a puffer coat store to shut him up.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

Yes, and every time he manages to get his hands around her he goes "mmmmmm..." like in his posts.  I'd like to see what they were telling each other, although I think I know.  That's why the poor fellow doesn't understand why Lana isn't more "affectionate" in real life.

And once again, the question is, what do they talk about once they meet in person?  We're getting to see what they talk about with old David and Lana.  He talks about how cold it is (while wearing his stupid (?) leather coat which doesn't even button up), and he tells google how nice it is to have a translator app.  When they were texting, they were talking about (this is speculation but I'd bet the farm it's pretty close) the things she was going to do to and with his penis, while he let her know how much he would like that by replying "mmmmm..."  Well, now that they've met, he's upholding his end ("mmmmmm...") but she's just sitting there avoiding being kissed. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

When they were texting, they were talking about (this is speculation but I'd bet the farm it's pretty close) the things she was going to do to and with his penis, while he let her know how much he would like that by replying "mmmmm..." 

They’ve been dragging things out so many years the little feller might not even function anymore.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Lana is right to throw cold water on David’s over heated motor.

He thinks meeting Lana is the final piece of the puzzle to securing their engagement.
Lana thinks that the relationship and courtship is just beginning...
Her body seizes up in revulsion every time he mauls and paws at her...

• Love 5
On 5/27/2020 at 1:30 PM, magemaud said:

Maybe because once Marta accepted the evidence that she was being catfished, she stopped insisting that he was real so there was no more "story" to film? 

Wait!  I thought he was real.  He hated what she did for a living, and hated that she was Christian.  She needed an invitation letter from him in order to get her visa, and he never sent it.  That's how I remember it, so what did I miss?

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Honey said:

Wait!  I thought he was real.  He hated what she did for a living, and hated that she was Christian.  She needed an invitation letter from him in order to get her visa, and he never sent it.  That's how I remember it, so what did I miss?

That’s what I remember too.  He went on cam so how could he have catfished her?

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

That’s what I remember too.  He went on cam so how could he have catfished her?

I thought he hadn’t used his real name and that it was learned that he was actually a comedian, and doing this as a goof.  

• Love 1
23 hours ago, RealReality said:

This franchise is rife with people who weaponize the adjustment of status paperwork to keep conteol.  Ashley/Jay and colt/Larissa come to mind.  

I think if Ed got rose here he'd drag his feet of filing the adjustment of status paperwork but he'd always have some bullshit "nice guy" excuse. 

If ed brought her here it would be as a nursemaid he could bang when he felt like it.  Of course, if she didn't bang him all the time, he'd claim that she didn't really LOVE him and therefore he shouldn't file for the adjustment of status. 

Totally. I remember I used to respect him a little when, IIRC, he would stand up to Cow's disgusting little troll friend. Now, it looks like she's finally broken what little spirit he had.

• Love 1
On 5/26/2020 at 3:00 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I remember it, lol.

I will take (would have taken back in the day) a guy with a reliable, stable car over some flashy sports car.  I love cars, I am kinda a car nut, but those things, as Shania Twain once sang, don't impress me much.  I found that those guys were horrible tippers and not nice to server staff.  That was just me, btw,

I wouldn’t be caught dead in a dumpy Altima. I’ve always had great cars, because I love them, not to impress anyone. If others like them, that’s fine too. Right now I have a new Challenger, a Jag SUV, an old Corvette and an old Ferrari. Again, because I like them. 
And in all honesty I overtip all the time and I’m extra nice to servers because Ive had girlfriends that were servers and I know how hard they work.

YRMV.

• Love 1
On 5/27/2020 at 10:52 AM, blubld43 said:

Agree completely, I was looking forward to some messy Darcy, but there was no story.

Same with Yolanda, she could have been a one-and-done, an episode of Catfish.

I don't like crowding in a bunch of minor players, this season could have been a lot tighter.

Agree with all of this. Who on Earth is attracted to Darcy The Grouper in the first place? Awful plastic surgery, oversized boobs that make her look fat, terrible dresser and speaks 27/7 in Jack Handy platitudes. What’s not to love?

And no one us as stupid as yo-landa. They repeat her little puzzlement about The Williams 6 times. Awful.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, SG11 said:

I wouldn’t be caught dead in a dumpy Altima. I’ve always had great cars, because I love them, not to impress anyone. 

Seriously? 🙄 

The Silva sisters have many problems. Their “dumpy” car is not one of them. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Claudia Kishi said:

Seriously? 🙄 

LOL, i think the Altima is pretty high end for a Nissan.  I don't have as nice a model and I wouldn't call my car dumpy. 

My mom drives a cayanne and she is a luxury car addict.  Every time she gets a new car she makes some noises about how she is "seriously going to look at a Ford this time" and "someone told her Chevys were nice"

She always ends up in a luxury car.  LOL.  But she writes off a lot of mileage for work. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Kareem said:

I thought he hadn’t used his real name and that it was learned that he was actually a comedian, and doing this as a goof.  

That's what I remember, too. I guess Marta was more Punk’d than Catfished. Either way, they pulled the plug on the storyline fairly quickly and she’s probably still Christian Stripping at the airport bar. 

• Love 1
On 5/26/2020 at 12:35 AM, Texasmom1970 said:

My television did not tape the full episode due to thunderstorms. From comments I am glad I missed the cemetery scene. In August 2018 my daughter Madison passed away; she was only 12. Seeing that would have upset me in so many ways.

OMG .. I’m so sorry.  I believe the thunderstorm was intentional for your sake. ❤️

• Love 2
(edited)
27 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Is that you, Michael from CT? 

Not sure who Michael is, but I can see how mentioning my cars would bother somebody. I was trying to make a point... that people who don’t like cars think people who do like nice cars are mean to servers and tip poorly. Sounds like petty envy to me. Sorry to upset you.

4 hours ago, Claudia Kishi said:

Seriously? 🙄 

I didn’t say their dumpy car was one of their problems. Their surgeons are their main problems.  I said it was a dumpy car because, um, it’s a dumpy car.

An Altima is “high end?”  Whew.

Edited by SG11
10 hours ago, SG11 said:

I wouldn’t be caught dead in a dumpy Altima. I’ve always had great cars, because I love them, not to impress anyone. If others like them, that’s fine too. Right now I have a new Challenger, a Jag SUV, an old Corvette and an old Ferrari. Again, because I like them. 
And in all honesty I overtip all the time and I’m extra nice to servers because Ive had girlfriends that were servers and I know how hard they work.

YRMV.

I’m not someone with a lot of car knowledge but what I wonder about the Silva twins and their Altima is maybe they’d rather not be caught dead in it either.  They seem very image conscious.  Designer this and designer that and plastic surgery to create some kind of image.  A Nissan Altima seems like a good reliable car to me and so a good choice for someone like me who only wants a vehicle for transportation purposes.  I am not out to impress anyone with my car.  That being said I know there are people who know about vehicles and appreciate them for their own sakes.  I have a good friend who drives a Dodge Challenger only in the summer and parks it in the fall (we have brutal winters here) then drives a little Hyandai he doesn’t really care about.  His wife drives a Hyandai SUV all year.  And a kinder gentler couple you will be hard pressed to find.

• Love 4

I like my Altima so much that I'm shopping for a new Altima to replace my old, worn out Altima. I don't believe in wasting large amounts of money on cars. But that's just my opinion.

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to seeking out creepier and more horrible people for this show, to the point that it's not as fun to watch anymore? There used to be mostly somewhat likeable people, and then one asshole. Now there are mostly assholes, and one sort of likeable person (Ericka). They need to revert to the old formula. 

But even on a show full out assholes, Geoffrey stands out as a serious asshole. So does BabyGirl Lisa.

• Love 5
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I like my Altima so much that I'm shopping for a new Altima to replace my old, worn out Altima. I don't believe in wasting large amounts of money on cars. But that's just my opinion.

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to seeking out creepier and more horrible people for this show, to the point that it's not as fun to watch anymore? There used to be mostly somewhat likeable people, and then one asshole. Now there are mostly assholes, and one sort of likeable person (Ericka). They need to revert to the old formula. 

But even on a show full out assholes, Geoffrey stands out as a serious asshole. So does BabyGirl Lisa.

I agree on Geoffrey and BabyGurl Visa, but I disliked the 2 of them from the opening bell. 

The guy who have developed to me is David. I couldn’t decide if he was stupid or clueless or what, but with each recent appearance it’s clear he’s a bit nutty and as others suggested, maybe dangerous. When Lana finally cuts him loose, I can see him chloroforming her and locking her in the little cell he’s built in his basement... later I see him talking to her like they are a married couple in between the assaults and years of imprisonment. That one is ready to crack.

Im most disappointed in Avery and Varya as they both asked the right questions and did their due diligence and figured out the guys they were considering... and now seem to completely ignore all the red flags and lies and everything else and are still in loooooove. Desperate? Stupid? Producer-directed?  They need to go to Rose School.

Edited by SG11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, SG11 said:
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Is that you, Michael from CT? 

Not sure who Michael is, but I can see how mentioning my cars would bother somebody. I was trying to make a point... that people who don’t like cars think people who do like nice cars are mean to servers and tip poorly. Sounds like petty envy to me. Sorry to upset you.

Not upset (or envious) at all. I was just making a joke about Michael from CT last season who married Brazilian model Juliana. He had a garage full of luxury cars. 

• Love 6
On 5/24/2020 at 10:19 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Do y'all think Bibbyguhllisa sounds more like Selma or Patty?

I don’t know, but I’m just loving your name.  Cracking up.

Is tonight the last episode of the season?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Not upset (or envious) at all. I was just making a joke about Michael from CT last season who married Brazilian model Juliana. He had a garage full of luxury cars. 

I was thinking the exact same thing when first I read it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 5/30/2020 at 10:27 PM, humbleopinion said:

Lana is right to throw cold water on David’s over heated motor.

He thinks meeting Lana is the final piece of the puzzle to securing their engagement.
Lana thinks that the relationship and courtship is just beginning...
Her body seizes up in revulsion every time he mauls and paws at her...

No way does Lana think any relationship is just beginning.  The only thing she's thinking is "how am I going to get through the next couple days without letting this loser touch me too much so I can get the paycheck TLC has for me."  There is no relationship to begin, lol.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

No way does Lana think any relationship is just beginning.  The only thing she's thinking is "how am I going to get through the next couple days without letting this loser touch me too much so I can get the paycheck TLC has for me."  There is no relationship to begin, lol.

In these times of Covid 19 and the fact that we live in a suburb of Minneapolis, hubs and I need to find fun ways to amuse ourselves.  He hugs me and I keep my arms straight as a board while he says "Mmmmmmmm" over and over.  I ask him for a CZ ring and new Iphone to pawn.  We drink grapefruit juice and I leave to look after my "nephew."  We drink grapefruit juice and eat baked chicken.  Ah....the things we do to amuse!!!

On 5/31/2020 at 12:55 AM, SG11 said:

Who on Earth is attracted to Darcy The Grouper in the first place? Awful plastic surgery, oversized boobs that make her look fat, terrible dresser and speaks 27/7 in Jack Handy platitudes. What’s not to love?

We were going to play a drinking game every time one of those stupid platitudes was mentioned:  "I deserve better"  "I don't need a man to be happy" "I can put my own diamond on my finger" "I deserve love and respect"  "I am gonna ne ME!"  But we both have these things called jobs, and let's face it. even when school is out for me I do not want to feel sick and hungover the next day!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

David and Lana's interactions are a great example for learning non-verbal communications.  Body language rarely lies.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

She’s not stupid.  By treating the in-person relationship as a beginning, she successfully avoided overnights with the smarmy age spot. 

• Love 7
On 5/31/2020 at 1:44 PM, magemaud said:

Total apologies, obviously others understood your reference.  I thought you were referencing another poster who was an unpopular braggart or something, that’s on me for making assumptions. I have not seen the episode with Michael/Juliana. 

Again, mea culpa. 🤐

Im most disappointed in Avery and Varya as they both asked the right questions and did their due diligence and figured out the guys they were considering... and now seem to completely ignore all the red flags and lies and everything else and are still in loooooove. Desperate? Stupid? Producer-directed?  They need to go to Rose School.

Varya's got a screw loose that wasn't apparent when she was in Russia. She went from mostly reasonable person to possible stalker in 2 seconds flat. If Geoffrey isn't careful, his next reality show might be Dateline Mysteries.

• Love 2