Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Hard Habit To Break

• Start Topic

Varna cracks me up.  She comes here unannounced, like “here I am” , all la di da, and starts bossing people around.  Then, she’s nasty to Mary.  Then she’s got the balls to go with his friends like who the hell she is.  If he keeps her around, I hope she takes him to the cleaners.  He doesn’t look too swift anyhow.  They deserve each other.  Is next week the end of this shit show?  I can’t take anymore of these people.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

She was HORRID.

The arrogance of showing up uninvited, and ordering Geoffrey's invited guest out of the house while insulting her on the way out had me shouting at the TV.

Varya's Maury Povich level of trashiness was especially jarring in contrast to Mary who never took the bait and remained classy throughout her undeserved humiliation by Siberian Crazy Stalker Girlfriend.

If that wasn't bad enough, Varya was hanging around with Geoff and Mary's mutual friends and had the audacity to want to violently oust Mary from spending time with her long time friends (inlcuding Geoff) because Geoff must have all his female companionship needs satisfied by Varya.

She is beyond possessive, she is demented.

Now that I hate her personality, I hate her face. The permanent upturned mouth corners, the meandering eye, the halted speech pattern are now very IRRITATING to me. VERY IRRITATING!

YES!

When I first saw her, I thought to myself:  This is the best Geoffrey can get from Russia?  When I was in Moscow, I remember being absolutely shocked by the beautiful women there.  Varya, who looks much older to me than her alleged age of 30.

Geoffrey is actually a nice looking guy.  To me, he actually looks much more attractive the last couple of episodes.   I mean, he was a standout at the bar in TN too!

When I was in Russia, there were very few good looking men I came across.   I can only think of 1 that I saw the whole 2 weeks I was there (in Moscow and Samara).  

Varya may not have liked Geoffrey's past, but I am not surprised she jaunted across the country based on what I've seen there.  In addition, many Russian men are way too into vodka.  And the American men trying to get Russian brides usually look like Ed and Davids.  

Mary, as Varya astutely noted, is a pretty lady.  I'm guessing she was as covered up as she is that maybe she has a little chunk on her compared to Varya.  I think facially, she is much more attractive than Varya.  Mary will age nicely.  Varya's face already isn't.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kendi said:

I agree with both of you. He's not right.

David looks very dangerous if he's rejected. That quiet anger is terrifying to me. He's smiling, requesting her to be with him in his hotel room, but when you look at those eyes, they look threatening. The constant touching that she's not reciprocating, her body language, long silences, strange small talk (Rabbit? We call them bunnies!) are all things that David is failing to see as awkward. Because of the time and money he's invested in Lana, she better be intimate with him! I don't really care to see how this plays out because Lana isn't real. She's fortunate to have the filming crew so there's safety there. I'm hoping after she rejects him and his skeevy offer of affection, this the last he sees of her. He doesn't have her phone number and doesn't know where she lives. Next time he returns to stalk her he'll start hanging out at skating rinks.

I wish David would stop talking for all of us. 

I don't call rabbits bunnies, the only time is when I'm talking to a child about the Easter bunny or referring to a crazy ass person as a bunny boiler. 

And yes, David is scary.  I maintain that if he has been alone and found Lana alone at that fake address he would have pushed his way in and done something awful. 

• Love 6

At least I didn't have to fast-forward through any Yolanda segments (although she's in the preview for next week).  So, see?  I can say something positive about the episode.

Fast-forwarded most of Stephanie.  Don't care.  If they had segments with Erica (alone) I would have watched those.

I think Ash is full of it.  I also think the reason they didn't divorce for 10 years is related to his immigration status and thus related to why he doesn't yet have an Australian passport.  He told Avery that Taj would move with him to the U.S.; they talked about logistics; yet he didn't tell her that he did not have a passport which would allow him into the U.S.  I would have liked Avery so much more if, when at the airport and leaving for home she had just said "oh, one more thing...don't ever contact me again."  I understand not wanting to rock the boat while still in Australia, but her comments about loving Ash went against so much of what she experienced while there-especially the tantrum he threw when she questioned him about the seminar.

Ed, with his statement that it was his fault, continues to try to paint himself as a victim-right along with his "I guess I'm a bad person" interaction with Rose.  Ed, you are not a sympathetic character.

I believe that Varya is showing us more and more who she really is.  Geoffrey may be loving the attention, but he may be in for quite a surprise should he cross Varya.  They may actually be perfect for each other.  And Mary-you do not realize how this was the best thing for you.  Get out of there and find someone else.

David.  I am so glad that the production team is there and that Lana is already showing us that she will not go anywhere alone with David.  I really think that David believes that she "owes" him and he's going to collect.  He has a skewed sense of reality.  Just like he thought he was a professional bowler who would "collect" numerous kisses from Lana, he thinks that Lana is his.  He continued statements about needing more "affection" from her would concern me more if I thought she would ever be with him without production around.  However, it does concern me for whomever he sets his sights upon after this.

*And, just to be clear, the candy he gave her looked like Sees Candy and it is amazing for anyone who has not ever tried it.

Lisa must also have a skewed sense of reality in that she thought she could tell Usman's brothers that he was stubborn and that they would back her up.  Ridiculous.  Of course she storms out as soon as they don't back her up.  Maybe she thought they really were invested in Usman coming to the U.S. so would encourage him to do whatever it took.  I think Usman's brothers realize he doesn't and won't have a big rap career so it doesn't really matter to them that he gets to the U.S.  For many people (Rose!) dignity is more important that groveling for a manipulator to marry you and bring you to the U.S.

I always wanted to get married/thought I would get married.  Never happened.  But, I am so glad that I was never as desperate to get married as some of these participants are...

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Unman clearly wants to get to the U.S., and his family undoubtedly knows of his plan.  

All Usman has to do is play nice with GodzilLisa for a few months, get the green card, and make like Mohammed (of Danielle) and bounce.  

Here's my Class Action Plan....will y'all join me on it?  Bring Usman here, married to that wench, and then we institute an International Trade Agreement, wherein Usman gets to stay, but BuglyGirlLisa has to go to Nigeria.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

And yes, David is scary.  I maintain that if he has been alone and found Lana alone at that fake address he would have pushed his way in and done something awful. 

You know why David is scary?  Because a reasonable man would have given up long ago.  A reasonable man would have had to admit that he'd been scammed.  A reasonable man would not have driven his car through a war zone, or gone to a strange apartment just to meet his "soul mate."

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

There is something off about Lisa.  She went from, "I don't need you; I don't need this; I am out;" to wailing, "I am so happy, this is all I've ever wanted" in two minutes flat.  

I wonder how Lisa would have reacted if the ring was so small that it wouldn't fit past her first knuckle?  She was giddy like Cinderella slipping her foot into a size 6 glass slipper.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I always wanted to get married/thought I would get married.  Never happened.  But, I am so glad that I was never as desperate to get married as some of these participants are...

I can identify.  But it's never good to turn yourself into a pretzel just to get love.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I mean, he was a standout at the bar in TN too!

Well both his male friends and one of the female ones were freaks of nature.  One looked like a cross between a Hudson Brother and Tiny Tim and one was rocking a White Power/prison haircut.  One woman looked inbred.

• LOL 9
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

You know why David is scary?  Because a reasonable man would have given up long ago.  A reasonable man would have had to admit that he'd been scammed.  A reasonable man would not have driven his car through a war zone, or gone to a strange apartment just to meet his "soul mate."

I'd take it a step further and say that a reasonable person doesn't show up at someone's place when they haven't been invited, they haven't been asked, the other person hasn't agreed to see them and they KNOW the other person doesn't want to see them.  David admitted that he knew Lana didn't want to see him, but she owed it to him. 

• Love 10

Remember when I was convinced David is a failed standup comedian/actor?  I meant to post after seeing his hugging of Lana last episode, that I no longer thing he is.  I now think he is just an idiot.  I'm not sure if I buy the 7 year thing and that much money spent, but he's definitely stupid and is not acting.

If he did spend that much money on her, it sure did not go to dental work.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, MrBuhBye said:

Well both his male friends and one of the female ones were freaks of nature.  One looked like a cross between a Hudson Brother and Tiny Tim and one was rocking a White Power/prison haircut.  One woman looked inbred.

I saw his one friend and was like "wow, that guy from LMFAO really aged poorly"

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Aw, I love your love story!  A happy ending!

I was actually pretty heartbroken over their breakup mainly b/c this kid is the nicest kid.  He's honest to a fault and very mature for his age.  I chalk it up to him being homeschooled!   But it looks like their breakup was just a temporary thing.  He's coming over today.

But I have told her very few people meet at 18 and stay together.  Don't put all of your happiness into one person.  But that he has the qualities she should look for in whomever she dates!

You never know.  He just could be the one.  Time will tell.  My sister married at 18 and it lasted 50 yrs.  it’s amazing how our hearts break for our kids.  I think lots of people get their hearts broken one time or another.  At least she has you to talk to.  I couldn’t talk about those things with my Mother.

• Love 3
(edited)

Lana and David: I feel like the production played us. I felt all along that Lana was going to show up, because they were trying SO Hard to make her be an obvious catfish. I think it was a script. He didn't go 5 times to Ukraine. I think he went ONCE. They made up at least the first 3 trips, and came up with ridiculous excuses as to why she didn't meet him those 3 times. If this were true he would not have gone a  4th and 5th time. He wouldn't have gone the 3rd time.

Maybe he did go the 4th and 5th time, but I don't see how TLC would have wanted to spring for 2 trips overseas. But I am not sure about that because it seemed maybe different weather on the 5th trip. 

I just feel so so so annoyed that they played the audience like this. I KNEW she was going to show because they just worked so so so hard with these crazy stories and crazy excuses and to make Dave look like a fool-- to make us think this can't be a real person and then they would spring her on us.

Maybe he did see her on video chat. But they didn't let us in on that. He didn't go there 3 times though and not see her. NO ONE would go 5 times to see someone, not even someone as deranged as David. They let Lana in on it as well, told her to pretend she gave the wrong address, pretend he came 4 other times,  the whole thing was 100% staged. 

Also I usually don't buy into "staged" theories that I read here. I usually believe everything is real. But this one just screamed phony.

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

When I was in Russia, there were very few good looking men I came across.   I can only think of 1 that I saw the whole 2 weeks I was there (in Moscow and Samara).  

I think the Russian actor who played the Russian intelligence agent the last few seasons of Homeland is kinda hot.  Costa Ronin.  But yeah probably not a lot of leading man types walking around, although that is true in the US as well.

17 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't call rabbits bunnies, the only time is when I'm talking to a child about the Easter bunny or referring to a crazy ass person as a bunny boiler. 

David probably likes bunny because he idolizes fellow creeper Hugh Hefner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

You never know.  He just could be the one.  Time will tell.  My sister married at 18 and it lasted 50 yrs.  it’s amazing how our hearts break for our kids.  I think lots of people get their hearts broken one time or another.  At least she has you to talk to.  I couldn’t talk about those things with my Mother.

It's funny b/c I had my heart broken many times, broke many hearts. I don't think my mom grieved for me!

I think part of the reason I grieve for her is she lost her dad 3 years ago (4th anniversary is Dec 16)  to cancer; she was 14 going on 15 when he passed.  So each little heart break she feels, I think of her larger sense of loss.  And I feel sadness.  

Now, there were a couple of boyfriends she had that I was really happy when it was over!

And so sorry you couldn't talk to your mom about that! 

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Unless he forgot to bring the little blue pill.

15 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I think Usman's brothers realize he doesn't and won't have a big rap career

Apparently he is an accountant who dabbles in music.  Or should I  say dabs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

But I have told her very few people meet at 18 and stay together.  Don't put all of your happiness into one person.  But that he has the qualities she should look for in whomever she dates!

My son and his wife started "dating" when he was 15. They've been together for 13 years...married for 6 with 3 beautiful kids 🙂

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Being the best looking dude in some bar in Knoxville...If you are into the Ted Buddy types then Geoffrey Is your serial killer man.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

After watching this Dr Phil show from 2014 (the woman in that show was much better looking than Lisa) I would not be a bit surprised if Lisa funded Usman's video.  However Lisa would probably die before admitting she gave him any money.  He might have told her, "you're my manager" or some nonsense like that.

For me, sex isn't something that just men want, women like sex too.  There is nothing wrong with sex, it is normal.  What bugs me about men like David and Ed as well as women like Lisa, is they feel they are OWED sex, "I'm here, I'm American, you should WANT ME no matter how nasty and inappropriate I am."

Sorry, mistake.

2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Being the best looking dude in some bar in Knoxville...If you are into the Ted Buddy types then Geoffrey Is your serial killer man.

I think it’s the outskirts of Knoxville, so even less competition.

• LOL 1

It's funny b/c I had my heart broken many times, broke many hearts. I don't think my mom grieved for me!

I think part of the reason I grieve for her is she lost her dad 3 years ago (4th anniversary is Dec 16)  to cancer; she was 14 going on 15 when he passed.  So each little heart break she feels, I think of her larger sense of loss.  And I feel sadness.  

Now, there were a couple of boyfriends she had that I was really happy when it was over!

And so sorry you couldn't talk to your mom about that! 

Yes, I remember talking to you about your husband.  She’s gone thru a lot with that alone.  It’s a shame at a tender age.

• Love 1
(edited)
51 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Yeah, and then there's that.

He'll, he may have a chick at every port and he's held off on applying for a visa or passport because he was waiting to see who bit first.

Ash probably has 50 clients/womens😉 right here in Australia. If Avery doesn't want him, he won't need to pay a cent for the passport application fees and paperwork.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, RealReality said:

If I were Lana, I would change my address, phone number, dye my hair, go to the bank and hit the road.  This guy is hot to trot.  He ain’t leaving until he gets some nookie this time around.

• Love 5
(edited)

Mary doesn't seem to be trying very hard to win Geoffrey's favor. She showed up at the bar wearing the same mesh shirt she had on at his house with her hair still up in a Pebbles Flintstone bun, looking like she had just cleaned the bathroom. At least Varya, who traveled light and had fewer wardrobe choices, switched from a green turtleneck to a sexy (j/k) red one! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Yes, I remember talking to you about your husband.  She’s gone thru a lot with that alone.  It’s a shame at a tender age.

She has.  At times I forget how much she's had to go through. I lost my dad when I was 35 and it was so awful!

Mary knows her place in Geoffrey’s Love life...

She’s not a wife....even though he’s been married multiple times....

She’s not a gf....

She’s a booty call...the good time gal you call at midnight when your itch needs scratching...even after you scratched it yourself but you are still too horny to sleep...if you get my drift...

Mary is the wanting more from Geoffrey than being a Friend with Benefits but will wait patiently, show loyalty and be eager and  available for traction action in between the sheets....

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I think this episode proves why David didn't pursue anything with that other sweet Ukranian girl- she wouldn't fuck him either. He's so gross.

According to David, Anya was also "shy" which must be his standard explanation for rejecting his advances

• Love 11
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

That might explain why Mary considers him the pick of the litter. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Hahahaha .. at least I’m having a few laughs on this site being I’ve been in this house going on 2 months.  I got excited today.  We went to CVS.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Varya with her wonky eye completes this set of swap meet toys....

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Mary knows her place in Geoffrey’s Love life...

She’s not a wife....even though he’s been married multiple times....

She’s not a gf....

She’s a booty call...the good time gal you call at midnight when your itch needs scratching...even after you scratched it yourself but you are still too horny to sleep...if you get my drift...

Mary is the wanting more from Geoffrey than being a Friend with Benefits but will wait patiently, show loyalty and be eager and  available for traction action in between the sheets....

ITA.  She’s the booty call he tried to talk himself into.  The Pick Me! Mary alias someone here gave her is accurate as well.  He’s her favorite felon in spite of all she knows about him.  It’s gross and pathetic.  

At least the other one went into it unaware and still only knows what he told her.  Thinking she would’ve been content to text him to death if production hadn’t made an offer she chose not to refuse.  

That either one of them wants him at all defies logic and sanity.  

• Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Varya with her wonky eye completes this set of swap meet toys....

Now I'm thinking of the characters on the "Island of Misfit Toys" in the holiday classic Rudolph. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

At least I didn't have to fast-forward through any Yolanda segments (although she's in the preview for next week).  So, see?  I can say something positive about the episode.

Fast-forwarded most of Stephanie.  Don't care.  If they had segments with Erica (alone) I would have watched those.

I think Ash is full of it.  I also think the reason they didn't divorce for 10 years is related to his immigration status and thus related to why he doesn't yet have an Australian passport.  He told Avery that Taj would move with him to the U.S.; they talked about logistics; yet he didn't tell her that he did not have a passport which would allow him into the U.S.  I would have liked Avery so much more if, when at the airport and leaving for home she had just said "oh, one more thing...don't ever contact me again."  I understand not wanting to rock the boat while still in Australia, but her comments about loving Ash went against so much of what she experienced while there-especially the tantrum he threw when she questioned him about the seminar.

Ed, with his statement that it was his fault, continues to try to paint himself as a victim-right along with his "I guess I'm a bad person" interaction with Rose.  Ed, you are not a sympathetic character.

I believe that Varya is showing us more and more who she really is.  Geoffrey may be loving the attention, but he may be in for quite a surprise should he cross Varya.  They may actually be perfect for each other.  And Mary-you do not realize how this was the best thing for you.  Get out of there and find someone else.

David.  I am so glad that the production team is there and that Lana is already showing us that she will not go anywhere alone with David.  I really think that David believes that she "owes" him and he's going to collect.  He has a skewed sense of reality.  Just like he thought he was a professional bowler who would "collect" numerous kisses from Lana, he thinks that Lana is his.  He continued statements about needing more "affection" from her would concern me more if I thought she would ever be with him without production around.  However, it does concern me for whomever he sets his sights upon after this.

*And, just to be clear, the candy he gave her looked like Sees Candy and it is amazing for anyone who has not ever tried it.

Lisa must also have a skewed sense of reality in that she thought she could tell Usman's brothers that he was stubborn and that they would back her up.  Ridiculous.  Of course she storms out as soon as they don't back her up.  Maybe she thought they really were invested in Usman coming to the U.S. so would encourage him to do whatever it took.  I think Usman's brothers realize he doesn't and won't have a big rap career so it doesn't really matter to them that he gets to the U.S.  For many people (Rose!) dignity is more important that groveling for a manipulator to marry you and bring you to the U.S.

I'm pretty sure I cosign this entire post.  

Those boxes were sees candy and a few of them were pre-wrapped which means David got them as gifts and is regifting them to Lana.  

My mom buys those pound boxes of sees candy every year to give to her tenants at Christmas. 

Always strategic it makes her tenants like her AND she gets a surprise peek inside her properties to make sure everything looks okay.  

My mom also gets those same boxes from title and escrow companies who want her business. 

And I TOTALLY agree with you regarding marriage.  If I'll be happier alone, I'll stay that way....but I have that luxury. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

How did dogs which were not service animals get into the airport? Even if production made it happen it sends a message that pets can come along for the ride.

Guys, this isn't a new thing.  Leashed or caged animals have always been allowed at the airport.  People travel with their pets all the time.  The only change is larger emotional support animals being allowed inside the cabin of the plane instead of riding in cargo.  But dogs in baggage claim are certainly nothing new.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, blubld43 said:

If his lips are moving, he's obfuscating.  Did he ever give a straight answer to anything?  A simple yes or no, without qualifications?

Actually, no.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Instead of repurposed See’s candy from Christmas past dragged around for weeks, David could have gotten closer to her...er...heart with a brand name gift....Chanel, Cartier, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany but he is too clueless....and too cheap.

The CZ will cause her to guffaw and throw it back into his face.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Its the best not even kidding!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Hahahaha .. at least I’m having a few laughs on this site being I’ve been in this house going on 2 months.  I got excited today.  We went to CVS.

We're all going stir-crazy.  I got excited filling out an ONLINE order for curbside pickup.  Did you know that you can get WINE that way????

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I live in a very rural part of TN (and on the opposite side of the state from them tittoos, thank my lucky stars). Compared to the dating pool out here...I can see how he’d be “successful” at online dating scamming. 

• Love 2

Also, still working through comments, but. 

Ed’s blatant lying.

Obviously his mom has his number & knows there’s more to the story. I’m just trying to figure out how/why he’s okay shaping the summary of his trip this way when we all know she’ll be tuning in to see her little “Pony” on TV, if only to be supportive. Like, dude. It’s. Your. Mom. You’re obviously close. She knows you better than you know yourself. At least be real with her.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, RubySoho said:

There are plenty. Geoffrey just has all of his teeth...

Plus he's kept all the teeth of his past gfs......

That crossed a line and was too creepy...apologies.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 4
26 minutes ago, RubySoho said:

I live in a very rural part of TN (and on the opposite side of the state from them tittoos, thank my lucky stars). 

Tittitoos are an Eastern Tennessee thing...interesting......

• LOL 2
  • Love 1