Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Hard Habit To Break

• Start Topic

On 5/21/2020 at 6:23 PM, kendi said:

Fucking Ed. Of course he was going to make it look like it was all Rose's fault that this didn't work out.

On 5/22/2020 at 7:39 PM, renatae said:

Ed is still a crafty liar; I want to barf. He's acting like he had no idea Rose wanted more children. Everything is Rose's fault, "she can't handle it." Greasy mayo haired mendacious twerp.

I love how Ed told his mom the breakup was because Rose wouldn't talk about her past. Ed and Rose solved the issue with "the past" on Day One.  She told him some B.S. about having only one boyfriend before , and he accepted her answer. that's not why they broke up. But basically, Ed told his mom Rose is a slut/whore with a "past" and that's what the breakup was about.

On 5/23/2020 at 1:43 AM, mamadrama said:

Australians can get an expedited passport in three weeks. Since Ash isn't applying as an Australian, but as an immigrant, I'm sure there's more red tape involved. Still, even as an over estimate a year seems abnormally long. When my husband applied for an American passport (he's in the US legally as a permanent resident) it took 3 months-and wait time was uncharacteristically long at the time. Ash's Australian citizenship status might be what's causing the issue-IF there's an issue at all.

He's not Australian, even though he's been living there like 10-15 years?  I don't know why she'd think this could be resolved in a few months.

When did Varya become such a crazy lady? Was her rejection of his proposal just a power move designed to show him who is the boss and the relationship that backfired terribly? Now she's acting very jealous and entitled for a woman who turned down a dude's proposal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
50 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

But basically, Ed told his mom Rose is a slut/whore with a "past" and that's what the breakup was about.

His mother has probably heard versions of this story from Big Ed for the past twenty-five years ... at least.  I think she just lets him ramble because he's her little boy (who has obviously not had an easy life).  SHE is just one part of his problems.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, ChiMama said:

I got a vibe with Stephanie’s mom and her friend that came to the airport with her; then Stephanie mentioned her mom had raised her alone — what’s the story with her dad? I forget.

IIRC, Stephanie's mother brought her to the US as a child and raised her as a single parent, but now she has a step-father. But did they "introduce" the woman in the back seat or did we see her before? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

He's not Australian, even though he's been living there like 10-15 years?  I don't know why she'd think this could be resolved in a few months.

Because she looked into his sexy eyes and was mesmerized into believing the bullshit?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, ChiMama said:

Just curious - do only women need to do (in this case) bidet foot wash “ablutions” before praying in the Muslim faith? I noticed neither Usman nor any of his brothers did it.

I wondered about that, too, so I found this: "One of the pillars of Islam is that Muslims pray five times a day. Before those prayers, they are expected to perform a purification ritual called Wudu, requiring that they wash their faces, hands, arms, and feet. We visited Masjid Muhammad Mosque in Washington, DC, where Imam Talib Shareef described the ablution practice as preparing for 'an appointment before God.'"

I imagine we didn't see the men performing their ablutions. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

When did Varya become such a crazy lady? Was her rejection of his proposal just a power move designed to show him who is the boss and the relationship that backfired terribly? Now she's acting very jealous and entitled for a woman who turned down a dude's proposal.

I saw it differently.

• She didn't "reject" anything; she thought a proposal was too soon and she wanted to wait.
  • She never said no.
  • At the airport she realized her mistake and tried to catch him to let him know.
  • We learned that she has been texting him ever since he got on the plane, but he (poor sensitive/impulsive baby) didn't deign to answer even one message. She "loves" him and thought he must feel the same.
  • He arrived in Knoxville, needed a woman, and needed one NOW!
  • I think Varya is a lovesick woman who needs another proposal--or closure (with a lot of help, prodding, and travel arrangements from Production).
  • ...and then there's that "Coming to America" dream.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 19
On 5/21/2020 at 8:46 PM, Kangatush said:

Lisa, you aren't 20, nobody is going to think you're knocked up.  And what have you done to blend besides throw on an ET scarf?

I am dying with the ET scarf.  She even kind of has that waddle shuffle of ET too. 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Angela, for all her many faults and total white trashiness, was basically a happy person. Lisa is basically a miserable person.

Angela was especially happy while physically abusing Michael. I disagree that Lisa is miserable - I think she's smug and misguidedly proud of herself for being a strong American woman an emotional abuser. I think Lisa is quite pleased with herself. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Wait, taking your dog to the airport is a thing? 

Grapefruit juice ??? With pasta? Rabbit pasta?  Sorry, bunnies. What a combo! To me that is all toothpaste and OJ flavor!

Ablutions in the toilet that's new. I do have to say I love Usman's native dress and the hats it all looks smart and he never wrinkles in that heat!

Lana is like a double agent she reels me in because she does look anxious then I think she is a con in the next breath.

I think she most honest thing she said is that she gave a fake address for safety reasons and it is insane that Dave would approach her home. 

When Varya called Mary a bitch I knew this was all fake. Too much. Jerry Springer. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 16

With regards to Varya, something isn't right here.  She was mature and relatively normal in Russia, now she's a crazed ex lover trying to get her man back?  I felt very manipulated by the production team.  On the other hand, I think Mary really wants to be with Geoffrey and has been pining after him for years.  The fact that she was willing to be the rebound girlfriend immediately upon his return smells of desperation. I think her craziness is genuine.  

Get off my screen Darcey and Stacey.

Lana is quite beautiful for someone older than 28.  If she's really that young, she's led a hard, hard life where she's been rode hard and put away wet.

In the end, Ed admitted he was the one who blew it.  He's still odd, but gets points from me for a little self awareness.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:
7 hours ago, deirdra said:

They were the flowers he gave her the night before, on their first date. They took separate cars, so she must have followed him home. 😉

But she wasn't wearing those clothes the night before, was she?  Did she bring an overnight bag on her date?

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, ChiMama said:

It seemed super manipulative to me. Really icky to use their 22-years-deceased brother as a “plot line.”

All I thought of was that they were trying to prove that there HAS a been a man in the appropriate age group who loved them at one time.

Having had a brother who was six years older than me who passed away at about the same age, I was offended that they were using his death/burial place as a plot line.

"Stace . . . they want us to go visit our brother's grave.  Let's dress up like hookers, puff up our lips and see if we can remember where it is.  And let's buy some flowers that are as garish as we are."

I wonder if they even know that there's probably a built-in vase under the marker for the flowers.

ETA:  I went on findagrave to see if there was a picture of the marker, to confirm whether there's a vase.

There was no picture of the grave, but there's one picture of Michael.  What really made me SMH is that from the time the show aired until this morning, four people have actually left virtual flowers on the website.  Gives a whole new meaning to "stalking" when you start leaving notes at the gravesite of someone's dead brother.

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I still haven't been able to properly come to terms  with Ash and his jeggings.  I give props to those of you who have been able to deal with them.  I just can't.

It is the pull back shots of the camera that shows the startling  pantless silhouette of his legs in those offending jeggings that is so jarring to our eyeballs.

Unbelievable that he doesn't get heckled for the tightness and grossness for outlining his junk.

Avery's gotta do something.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

It was so painful to watch Geoffrey just stand there while Mary got her things and left.  She came back for her flowers, hoping he'd realize he hadn't said anything, but nope, he still just stood there and watched her drive away.  He didn't even have the decency to try to talk to her, or to tell her they'd talk later, nothing.

Mary was of course his rebound, who he treated like dirt.  He treated Varya like dirt too, because honestly, she didn't say No, she said "Not yet".  Which was actually smart of her, after only a couple of weeks together in Russia.  

Most of these couples don't get engaged on first in-person meeting.  But Geoffrey, control-freak Mo-Fo that he is, didn't get exactly the response he wanted, so he completely ghosted Varya.  Didn't even give her the chance to talk, didn't explain, nothing.

And yes, the innocent party here is Mary, although she walked right into this frequent-arrest-record jerk and wrapped herself around him, knowing he was still pining away for Varya.

And Geoffrey?  If you re-watch it, you can see him smirking in delight at it all. 

• Love 24
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

HurlVisa and Usman: Lisa, do yourself a favour and go back to the US and hook up with one of the 50 mens who would marry you.

She would undoubtedly have to wait for one of them to be released from prison.

So Rose turns out to be the real hero this season.  Avery, Avery........I am disappointed you let Ash back into your bed after the way he behaved. Evidently that's all it took to excuse multiple serious lies and his emotional gaslighting.  Wow.

Then we have Varya and Mary, two paragons of female strength.  Smh, even Darcy is actually a strong woman compared to these two.  This is exactly what a pos like Geoffrey dreams of; I can only hope he gets a visit asap from karma, that slaps the smug right off his face.

Lisa is so vile; she is always angry and bitter.  She does zero to improve herself, even she could look better with some effort!  How about a hijab that fits, in a local style?

Ugh, this season almost everyone sucks.  Next!!

• Love 12
Just now, Meowwww said:

Geoffrey and Varya have to be acting, right?   Because that was beyond fake. 

The smirking, oy the smirking as they delivered their lines!

If it was real, Mary would have gone home, changed into a sexy outfit, put on makeup, etc...you know, what girls do to keep (no matter how pathetic) their man.

Varya must have the same agent as Lana, they both showed up for some undisclosed amount of money and or goods and services, who knows, maybe Varya got her apartment renovations finished.

David is beyond stupid, he cannot read a room.  Lana is so not in to him on any level except the money she gets from him, if he really thought about how one sided this relationship in his head is...she does not even want to kiss him so why the hell would he ask her up to his hotel room?  Pathetic.

He was a pro bowler at some point in his life but cannot hold the bowling ball in the proper position and fell down in the lane, cringeworthy to say the least.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Having had a brother who was six years older than me who passed away at about the same age, I was offended that they were using his death/burial place as a plot line.

Same here, my brother Michael was six years older than me, he died at age 40 from leukemia...he would have been rolling over in his grave if I pulled that shit the Silva Sisters did. 

This is pretty low pandering to the camera and it does not make them look good.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Same here, my brother Michael was six years older than me, he died at age 40 from leukemia...he would have been rolling over in his grave if I pulled that shit the Silva Sisters did. 

I never say this about anything, I swear, but I was triggered by that scene too.  My nephew died at 27, a couple of years ago, and this scene was just exploitative and painful.  Not related to the story line at all.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, cynicat said:

But she wasn't wearing those clothes the night before, was she?  Did she bring an overnight bag on her date?

Probably.  Then the Russian came, and numnuts didn’t even say a word.  He just stood there and let a good woman slip away.  Then, he brings Varna where his friends are, and is hoping for a cat fight.  Stupid bastard.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

He was a pro bowler at some point in his life but cannot hold the bowling ball in the proper position and fell down in the lane, cringeworthy to say the least.

I used to be a pretty good amateur bowler.  I do not feel that having been in a bowling league would qualify me as a professional, but I suspect that David would disagree.

I'm a little older than David and - like him - haven't bowled in years.  I've had a knee replacement, and my form sucks - like his.

HOWEVER, how does a former "pro bowler" not know that in 10-pin bowling, you spend more time finding the right ball than you do ordering your shoes?  And once you find YOUR BALL, you stick with ONE ball throughout your game.  It appeared that David used three different balls.  In one scene, he started with a dark blue ball, actually did his approach with a salmon ball, and released the dark blue one.

That doesn't even qualify as producer shenanigans.  That's a "pro bowler" who's trying to look like something he's not.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

With all the shenanigans last night I almost forgot David.  Did anyone else see the flash of anger when she refused to go to his hotel room??  Asking for the "affection he needs" or some such bs; what he's saying is that she's bought and paid for, and she better put out.

I believe in my bones that the man could be dangerous if rejected.  Just like Geoffrey.

I was dying when David said "I'd like to invite you to my hotel room tonight"

Lana has been so cold towards him and she can barely hide her distaste.

And besides, how many times has David said Lana is "shy"?  Now suddenly she is going to go to his hotel room?  LOL.

But, as someone above said, he assumes the green card is such bait that it will overcome Lana's physical disgust.  

Lana would be a fool to leave Ukraine.  She must make a nice tidy income off mulitple "David's" with very little effort on her part.  

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I’m so sorry about your Brother.  It’s a terrible thing. ❤️

• Love 6
(edited)

Poor Lana...90 Day producers pulled a fast one on her.

Lana...let us film your life, you with your laptop at the cafe(with your sweatshirt on backward..anybody else bothered besides me), buying makeup at your favorite boutique... it will be great!

The reality...a sour smelling old man repeatedly picking you up like a toddler on the street.

We promise dinner will be a wine and dine affair at a nice restaurant... instead she got supper at the old folks home with her stalker sitting next to you, ruining her appetite making creepy noises, thinking he is wooing you, lathering you up for a night of passion while you are blinking ...help...to the camera crew.

Finally throwing up in your mouth when hearing  the translation of the him asking you to go to the hotel with him.

Let's go bowling so David can show you his manliness...yikes that was so laughable...

Lana...you've earned every penny of your TLC contract.

* Sweatshirt get turned around later...she was hiding the sNike logo.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 6
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Probably.  Then the Russian came, and numnuts didn’t even say a word.  He just stood there and let a good woman slip away.  Then, he brings Varna where his friends are, and is hoping for a cat fight.  Stupid bastard.

I think.....well, I mostly hope that a lot of this is producer driven.  Mary lost even the barest whiff of dignity when she showed up to that date.  I have to think that even "pick me" Mary had a little more pride than to show up at that date like a third wheel unless she had been pushed.  

Are there no other ex-felons with weird tattoos in Tennessee?  

Like I maybe understand this degree of insanity over Idris Elba, but this fool?  Why?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Lana...let us film your life, you with your laptop at the cafe(with your sweatshirt on backward..anybody else bothered besides me), buying makeup at your favorite boutique... it will be great!

The reality...a sour smelling old man repeatedly picking you up like a toddler on the street.

We promise dinner will be a wine and dine affair at a nice restaurant... instead she got supper at the old folks home with her stalker sitting next to you, ruining her appetite making creepy noises, thinking he is wooing you, lathering you up for a night of passion while you are blinking ...help...to the camera crew.

Finally throwing up in your mouth when hearing  the translation of the him asking you to go to the hotel with him.

What these girls have to do for a buck.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Lana would be a fool to leave Ukraine.  She must make a nice tidy income off mulitple "David's" with very little effort on her part.  

Why do I have a gut feeling that there's a secret husband in the background who wouldn't let her go?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Could not agree more, I hope she gets all his money, and never even gets close to his hotel room, ugh!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, blubld43 said:

Could not agree more, I hope she gets all his money, and never even gets close to his hotel room, ugh!

Hmmmn $100,000.  I wonder how much goes to the Agency, and how much to Lana.  There might be a husband there as someone said, and maybe children?  Who knows.  She’s probably one of the Agency’s best looking.  Seven years.  I hope he gets zilch.  And that black leather coat .. yikes.  It made him more undesirable.

• Love 4
On 5/24/2020 at 8:34 AM, humbleopinion said:

Deep inside the obese, bloated, humped back, graying, frizzy haired, post menopausal, nicotine stained fingers and missing teeth, tired, frustrated, unhappy, raging monster is a little girl wanting the Cinderella romantic fairytale with her soul mate proposing to her on blended knee and pledging his everlasting love and fidelity to her....even if she has to bellow, belittle, holler at the top of her smoky lungs, shame, threaten, coerce, and extort the romantic gesture out of Usman.
The throughly brow beaten and chastised Prince Charming “surprises” her on his knees when she finishes having her smelly dookie....She Immediately turns into a giggly schoolgirl all lovey dovey when SJG unexpectantly pops the question.

Usman is wearing a handsome native outfit...looking sharp in grey...

Humble, you need to stop holding all your feelings bottled up inside and tell us how you really feel!! Thanks for a good chuckle this quarantined Memorial Day!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think.....well, I mostly hope that a lot of this is producer driven.  Mary lost even the barest whiff of dignity when she showed up to that date.  I have to think that even "pick me" Mary had a little more pride than to show up at that date like a third wheel unless she had been pushed.  

Are there no other ex-felons with weird tattoos in Tennessee?  

Like I maybe understand this degree of insanity over Idris Elba, but this fool?  Why?

Why was he in prison exactly?  Selling drugs?  Was there a gun involved?  Anyone know the story?  His two sons look like nice kids.

• Useful 2
8 hours ago, gingerella said:

Pig Ed, skeevy piece of shit pig man, did anyone else when he met his mother the airport, aside from lying his fat pig ass off about Rose, he kept looking past his mother, not at her? Most of that exchange he was looking er. I think he was looking to see if anyone recognized him...I know the show hadn’t aired yet but he said delusional so...

Yes maybe looking for all his imaginary Canadian fans out there.  Lol.  Or maybe couldn't look at her because he was lying.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Wait, taking your dog to the airport is a thing? 

It's another sign of the gradual wussification of our society that many places now allow people to take their "Emotional Support Animal" everywhere, even when it's unsafe, unhygienic and completely inconsiderate to do so. And nine times out of ten, it's an annoying, yapping pocket rat.

1 hour ago, cynicat said:

Speaking of luggage, Varya had very little for a two-week stay. Methinks she didn't expect to need many changes of clothes during those two weeks, if you know what I mean...

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

The state of Georgia has  forgiven Geoffrey for his felonious drug dealing convictions but  there is no pardon for his off putting creepus maximus  Tittitoos.

36 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought she was trying to prevent him from regifting them to Varya.

Mary is going to repurpose the flowers to decorate the grave site hole she is digging for Varya out in the woods...

Anybody else see Mary digging the 6 feet deep hole herself while singing and humming to herself like in a horror movie.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'm confused as to how Lisa thought that was going to go down in her favor.  

First - it's weird as hell to bring up your s/o faults to their family who barely know you.  Unless he is outright abusive, airing your dirty laundry and complaints to his  family is just going to make you look weird and overly familiar.  

Second - she has been told, ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS that traditional wives in usman's culture let the man take control.  How in the world did she think that two men raised in that culture were going to respond to her complaints that Usman "doesn't listen to her".  In what alternate universe were two traditional men going to be sympathetic to that argument?  

Third - they don't even know her!  Even if they thought that Usman should listen to his wife or whatever, why would they just take her version of events as truth? 

I think she started to lose her shit when one of the brothers started asking Usman for his input.  Like is the privilege so real that a random American woman should be believed over their brother?  He cannot even give his side of the story?  

I just cannot fathom how she thought that was going to turn into a win for her.  Is this what works in the fifty other men who want to marry her?

Clearly Lisa is not thinking clearly and rationally.  I see Lisa as a very abusive person.  What I know about people with abusive personality disorders is that they like to find the areas of weakness in other people and exploit that.  So maybe knowing that Usman did not want his family to see any signs of disharmony between them Lisa was sure to raise an issue and create a scene knowing that it would cause Usman embarrassment and emotional pain.  And if he cared enough about saving the "relationship" (going to America) he would get to the point of doing anything not to upset her--walking on eggshells to avoid her meltdowns--so that she would always get her own way.  I was glad to hear Usman voicing doubts about Lisa and about going through with the marriage.  He sees there can be no harmony and no peace with her.  I hope he listens to his inner voice and walks away.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

I can't for the life of me figure out what Lisa hoped to gain by telling Usman's brothers he needs to toe the line and basically be more obedient to her. She's been told numerous times that it's a patriarchal culture and women don't tell men what to do. She's nuts, period. Revolting as well.

ETA: RealReality, I didn't realize you'd already said all this, lol.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 12

I have a suspicion TLC keeps a pool of ‘friends’ on hand and brings them out whenever the storyline requires ‘friends’.  How could someone like Geoffrey have friends? This whole Varya/Mary/Geoffrey plot smells of audience manipulation. This is a different Varya from the Russian version. And why would she go after Mary and not Geoffrey? And on top of everything I think Varya has been taking advice from Big Egg about hair care. Her hair looks like it needs a good shampooing.

I cannot stand Stephanie’s voice.  😱 And the twins both have this staccato way of talking that’s annoying too.

David... she’s just not into you.  Another TLC manipulation.  Lana has been talked into this. Awkward with a capital A. I almost feel sorry for her... but she is getting paid so there’s that.  This is what NOT wanting the Green Card looks like.  And how egotistical is geriatric David anyway.. assuming a youngish attractive woman would want an old leering guy wearing a wig.

Washing feet in a toilet when there’s a bathtub nearby seems a bit odd... and yikes that was one big ginormous ring? Looked like a thumb ring. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
57 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Why was he in prison exactly?  Selling drugs?  Was there a gun involved?  Anyone know the story?  His two sons look like nice kids.

I don't think we can say here except to repeat what's been said on the show: a vague reference to drug charges.

Look in their couples thread, it's all there.

• Love 3

@renatae,  you mentioned “toeing the line” which reminded me that BGL lost part of her toe as a result of her trip...  that made me chortle.

@Pondlass1, why has there not been more revulsion over the whole foot bath in the toilet scene?  I guess I need to watch again but did they wear gloves?  Did they flush after each foot or even each person washed their feet?  Did they use hand towels or bath towels to dry them off? I read some where that they also wash their faces.  Did they wash their faces in the sink or toilet?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Colfrmb said:

Why has there not been more revulsion over the whole foot bath in the toilet scene?  

Does Mommy Usman have a bidet at her hovel so that she knew immediately to use that to cleanse before prayers?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, The Goon said:

Couldn't agree with you more! Lia is so vile. That kissing...BLECH!! She grunts and snorts just like a pig rooting thru it's trough

Now, don’t you go insulting pigs like that!!!!

oe

• Love 3