Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: How Ya Like Them Apples?

• Start Topic

On 5/16/2020 at 8:39 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

90DAYF IS MY EVERYTHING right now!

Jarinda! TINSDALE! Loved him. He was adorable w Tinsley. The juxtaposition of big masculine and direct versus tiny feminine little Tinsley. And I love her. Let Martin at Bethenny next. 

The only ? I had was did Dale's CC pay for this? TinsDALE? Isn't that her mother's name? 

And she needs a new blouse holy shit that short sleeved shirt we had to suffer thru watching her meltdown was a rag. 

A raggedy blouse with a Chanel necklace.  WTF?   I was thinking the same thing when I saw it on her, lol.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/16/2020 at 9:26 AM, tranquilidade said:

Where can the show go from here? I wasn’t following the media and thought we would see Tinsley plan a wedding. That’s a big letdown for me. Dorinda forced her to have no reason to stay.  It seems they really fight about one thing: camera time and attention and Tinsley was the only one without a horse 🐎 in that race.

Does anyone know what’s with Tinsley?  Is she with Scott or someone else?  Is she still in n.y.? Or somewhere else?  But then with this virus thing, who knows where anyone is.  My daughter just told me Ramona is still in Florida with Mario and daughter.  I just read here on Long Island, surgeries are being done.  I have two on standby.  Lovely.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 2
On 5/15/2020 at 3:17 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

I forgot in my previous post to mention Sonja's drunk sex talk inside the winery that even the server was embarrassed of...that whole scene with Sonja and some others describing "dick pics" and sexual acts was disgusting. They would be kicked out if they were not filming TV show.

i cringe every time sonja is on screen.  this sexual is harassment.     i wonder why bravo allows her to continue in this vein.   is seems that they are leaving themselves open for sexual harassment charges.  they should be charged.  i wonder if they would intervene if she were to get physical.  i guess not as on the second season of top chef one of the contestants was 'assaulted' by being held down and his head shaved.  production did not step in to stop it.  when tom c. found out about it he sent one person home.  he wanted to send all who were there home.  he was over-ridden.

imagine if a male were to say the things sonja say.  no one should be subjected to the likes of sonja,

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

i cringe every time sonja is on screen.  this sexual is harassment.     i wonder why bravo allows her to continue in this vein.   is seems that they are leaving themselves open for sexual harassment charges.  they should be charged.  i wonder if they would intervene if she were to get physical.  i guess not as on the second season of top chef one of the contestants was 'assaulted' by being held down and his head shaved.  production did not step in to stop it.  when tom c. found out about it he sent one person home.  he wanted to send all who were there home.  he was over-ridden.

imagine if a male were to say the things sonja say.  no one should be subjected to the likes of sonja,

What about the two men on the farm, and the dog groomers?  They were younger than the women.  I thought LuAnn was going to jump the guy by the sink washing the dog.  Shes such a hungry one.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Let’s all face it.  Tinsley has nothing in common with these women.  Maybe by now, she has married Scott and moved to Chicago?

Can she front a "Real Housewives of Chicago"?  I need to see that!

• Love 4

It takes me until Sunday to get to the episode but two things have to happen, hopefully together:

1 - Dorinda needs a lot of therapy - not alcohol based but therapist based.  She is one depressed individual who hates herself and her life and needs to find some resolution.  Not only is she on a full-on attack of Tinsley, but clearly from the previews shown for next week, she's attacking everyone else just as badly.  She needs help.  Now.

2 - Tinsley needs to find new friends that don't include any of these harridans.  I don't know if they're jealous of her (since at the very least she still has more of her life ahead of her than they do) or what's the story, but she doesn't deserve any of the venom she's getting from Dorinda and the other women who won't stand up for her.  None of them are good friends to her.  She's had it bad in her life and it's not all that different from the rest of them, but she's making it work.

I'm very close to leaving the show because I will not stand for the bully that Dorinda has become.  She's become hateful, spiteful, and I'm sorry that she's had so much loss in her life, but with some guidance she could make some good stuff out of her pain.  I say this after two divorces, the separation from my oldest child, the loss of my entire family to death (mom, dad and only sister - no other siblings).

We all go through awful things, but at no time does that give any of us the right to behave as Dorinda has been this season.  She's projecting her pain on Tinsley and probably the other women by the end of the season.  She needs to get away from all of these (as does Tinsley for different reasons) women and fix her life, before she starts criticizing someone else's.

• Love 17
43 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

What about the two men on the farm, and the dog groomers?  They were younger than the women.  I thought LuAnn was going to jump the guy by the sink washing the dog.  Shes such a hungry one.

they all are with the exception of tins and leah.

but when they were on the receiving from aviva's father they were none too happy.  sonja is a female version of aviva's father. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

I don’t even know if therapy will help Dorinda, she needs a full-on.

you know, i never bought into the 'perfect marriage' and just a happy life she espouses.  to me it's the reverse of 'thou protest too much'.  there is something wrong when one constantly reiterates what a wonderful life/marriage she had. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 5/15/2020 at 10:02 PM, Silver Bells said:

The really sad thing about Dorinda is she really thinks the crass things she says are funny.  She’ll hit a person below the belt, then laugh hysterically.  In her mind, she’s a very clever comedian.

like rinna

• Love 15
1 hour ago, b2H said:

I say this after two divorces, the separation from my oldest child, the loss of my entire family to death (mom, dad and only sister - no other siblings).

I'm sorry for your loss.

On reflection, Dorinda's narrative of a perfect life with Ricky rings hollow.  I had a boss (Navy nurse stationed in Guam) who had her fiancee die in an aircraft accident one week before her wedding.  The day after she shared that with me, I said to her I thought she never had the chance to get really angry with him.  She said it was very hard to get over.

This isn't Dorinda and Ricky.  She had five years and he probably didn't get sick and die in a week.  I'm sure this sounds terrible and I don't mean it to be but she had time with him as a second wife and she had time with him when he was dying.  She has shit she needs to go through.  This show isn't helping (other than financially).  

Get off it.  Get off Tinsley.  Can I buy a $150 message from you on your website for you to apologize to her?  I am seriously tempted.  I have the $$$, would Dorinda take the bait? I realize the money would be better spent on people who need it.

• Love 5

i need to get a life!!!!!!  

i realize i have referenced 6  or 7 bravo  shows  or  seasons and 1 tlc show.  one show from at least 15 yrs ago!  i spend a lot of time watching these 2 channels.

BUT NEVER DURING THE DAY!  i do have some standards

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

There is nothing sexy or sensual about Sonja and her drunken outbursts that include graphic sexual content in public places. She's really out of control and has been for several seasons. I think she should be put on a leave of absence and sent to a rehab before she's put back on TV. Keeping her on TV is a liability to Bravo and to herself. Bravo is complicent in this and encourages the drinking from what I've read about their Real Housewives franchises....the more they drink, the more out of control behavior is exhitbited and hopefully that will translate into a bigger audience. My guess is that when Bravo books a day at a vineyard or a night at a hotel or an ARBNB or whatever, the venues sign a waiver or some sort of agreement that dissolves Bravo and the cast from liability...I can't imagine that someone somewhere hasn't wanted to sue over some of the stuff that these women and the women from the other franchises engage in...i.e. overturned fully loaded dining tables, brawls in open view of other customers, bedrooms soiled and destroyed, employees sexaually harassed ...the list goes on and on. Bravo attorneys must be working around the clock to get these legal agreements written up and signed off on.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

you know, i never bought into the 'perfect marriage' and just a happy life she espouses.  to me it's the reverse of 'thou protest too much'.  there is something wrong when one constantly reiterates what a wonderful life/marriage she had. 

Yes.  What’s five years on a boat drinking champagne and entertaining?  Maybe he was getting sick of her too.  I wonder if she still sees all their friends she used to entertain?  The only one who would know would be her daughter.  BTW, doesn’t her daughter see she is losing it?

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

There is nothing sexy or sensual about Sonja and her drunken outbursts that include graphic sexual content in public places. She's really out of control and and has been for several seasons. I think she should be put on a leave of absence and sent to a rehab before she's put back on TV. Keeping her on TV is a liability to Bravo and to herself. Bravo is complicent in this and encourages the drinking from what I've read about their Real Housewives franchises....the more they drink, the more out of control behavior is exhitbited and hopefully that will translate into a bigger audience. My guess is that when Bravo books a day at a vineyard or a night at a hotel or an ARBNB or whatever, the venues sign a waiver or some sort of agreement that dissolves Bravo and the cast from liability...I can't imagine that someone somewhere hasn't wanted to sue over some of the stuff that these women and the women from the other franchises engage in...i.e. overturned fully loaded dining tables, brawls in open view of other customers, bedrooms soiled and destroyed, employees sexaually harassed ...the list goes on and on. Bravo attorneys must be working around the clock to get these legal agreements written up and signed off on.

Exactly.  When she first came on the show, she might say something a little risque, but it wasn't that graphic.  

I'm 52, and not to sound ageist, but it's particularly not cute when you're her age and you're talking dirty.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Yes.  What’s five years on a boat drinking champagne and entertaining?  Maybe he was getting sick of her too.  I wonder if she still sees all their friends she used to entertain?  The only one who would know would be her daughter.  BTW, doesn’t her daughter see she is losing it?

I’m willing to bet there were some drunken embarrassing incidents (like when she met with Bethany’s charity associates in Puerto Rico) in front of Richard’s high-society friends. That marriage would have eventually gone down in flames, I’m sure.

• Love 12

Dorinda has become famous since she met John and now she’s too good for him. If she was honest she would admit this.  But she needs to look at the history of the other women to see how their fame has worked out for them. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I’m willing to bet there were some drunken embarrassing incidents (like when she met with Bethany’s charity associates in Puerto Rico) in front of Richard’s high-society friends. That marriage would have eventually gone down in flames, I’m sure.

I totally agree.  It's Richard death 9 years ago.  It's Hannah moving out in 2016!   It's Blue Stone Manor.   It's the relationship with John's ending/stalling/changing free dry cleaning and dresses that he gives her that people forgot to pick up.

It wouldn't surprise me if part of her allure to him was that tough, gritty side to her that cleaned up nicely  But they were only 6 years in and she's hanging with the Clintons and Desmond Tutu.  She probably was soaking in the bragging rights to that and was happy.   A happier drunk.  But like all relationships, the luster starts to fade no matter how many politicians, 1%ers your marriage gives you access to.  

I would be willing to be that marriage was on its way to Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf.

• Love 7

I don’t know if I will be able to continue watching this show if Dorinda remains onboard next season. She’s so miserable. And mean in that high school mean girl way that is just pitiful for a middle aged woman. I have gotten to the point where I don’t give a shit about her pain anymore. Get help, don’t get help, I don’t care just stop shitting on people for god sakes. Leah was so right that Dorinda is obsessed with Tinsley. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tinsley was the first and last person Dorinda thought of each day, with envy. It’s disturbing, and not fun to watch. 

Speaking of disturbing and not fun, Sonja. My god what has happened to this woman. She’s embarrassing. To me it’s not funny anymore, it’s extremely sad and uncomfortable. Again, I pity her.

I have been where Tinsley was at the winery, where you are just trying to get your point across but no one listens and then you get louder and everyone calls you hysterical and of course then you become hysterical.  She is so much better than these ladies.  I would love for her to start a Chicago housewives franchise.

It really didn’t make me feel good watching this episode.  I watch these shows (NY & NJ) for the hot messes and yes, the arguing and ridiculousness.  This episode didn’t entertain me.  I felt angry and disgusted  

• Love 14
9 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

Last season I mentioned this. This is a work place and Sonjas behavior with most males and some of Luann’s and Ramona’s behavior With makes really is, and would be considered sexual harassment in any other work place (and what if they were men making women uncomfortable?).
Then again, this is Bravo who keeps Nene on after she assaulted a cameraman and others after physical altercations with coworkers on the RH shows during filming (work hours).

Really wonder who runs their HR department, but their lawyers must be amazing at their job.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I bet on some level she sees that nobody else will put up with her crap, and wants to keep John on standby.

Well I hope he’s not available if and when she decides she wants him back.  BTW, I went on U-tube and saw her video of her kitchen and closet.  She’s talking like a socialite and claims she always has lots of food in Bluestone Manor as she always entertains.  Who is she entertaining, Hillary & Bill?  I think she’s now in LaLa Land and living in the past.

• Love 3
(edited)

Never mind , I got my facts mixed up.

The 1-2 episode character of Susan Sharon on "Sex and the City" was apparently based on Dorinda and Dorinda's first husband, Hannah's father (Not Richard).

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/16/2020 at 6:47 PM, Silver Bells said:

I just listened to Dorinda telling whoever why she broke off with John.  She said her expectations are higher, a knock to John, and she’s growing.  So, she I guess she feels like she deserves someone better.  What nerve to make a statement like that, like the guy is not good enough for her now because she’s now growing.  The only thing I see growing on Dorinda is her ass.  I still don’t think it was her decision.  They probably had a fight and he told her if she didn’t want to go forward, they would have to split.  He probably wanted to at least live with her.  I wonder what his story is.

Agree. She isn't "growing" into anything but an alcoholic and a bully. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I know who Norma Desmond is, I was just making sure it wasn't supposed to be Nora Desmond (the one from the Carol Burnett Show)...

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Never mind , I got my facts mixed up.

The 1-2 episode character of Susan Sharon on "Sex and the City" was apparently based on Dorinda and Dorinda's first husband, Hannah's father (Not Richard).

miss blue jay. please enlighten me!  i didn't see your first text and i never watched satc.

by the way, are we related??????

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 5/16/2020 at 7:25 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I know "turned up"/turnt up.  I'm a Millennial after all.  But Leah has this mush-mouthed way of speaking so I couldn't understand her.  And honestly, I wouldn't really have expected that phrase to come out of her mouth.

I didn't realize you were so young Blue Jay! 🙂 You're wise for your age...

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

I didn't realize you were so young Blue Jay! 🙂 You're wise for your age...

I'm an old Millennial but I still fit the birth year block so I'm going to stick with it.

4 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

miss blue jay. please enlighten me!  i didn't see your first text and i never watched satc.

by the way, are we related??????

On Sex and the City back in the very late 90s (so before Dorinda even married Richard) there was a character named Susan Sharon who had a cashmere importing business.  She was Carrie's friend and gave Carrie cashmere as a gift. Carrie hung out at her place a few times and Susan had a short, extremely angry husband who would scream at them.  Carrie gently encouraged Susan to be empowered (though Susan kind of trapped Carrie into that response) and Susan thought about leaving the husband but never did.  I think Susan and the husband were shown to love each other, but the husband was this very short-tempered guy.

You can see online that this character is apparently based on Dorinda (and Candace Bushnell, the original book's writer, has actually hung out with the RHONY ladies on the show) but because those episodes aired between 1998-2000 it couldn't be based on Richard as Dorinda divorced husband number 1 and married Richard in 2005.

Dorinda had a cashmere company and was married to Hannah's father for ten years:

https://www.bravotv.com/people/dorinda-medley

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm an old Millennial but I still fit the birth year block so I'm going to stick with it.

On Sex and the City back in the very late 90s (so before Dorinda even married Richard) there was a character named Susan Sharon who had a cashmere importing business.  She was Carrie's friend and gave Carrie cashmere as a gift. Carrie hung out at her place a few times and Susan had a short, extremely angry husband who would scream at them.  Carrie gently encouraged Susan to be empowered (though Susan kind of trapped Carrie into that response) and Susan thought about leaving the husband but never did.  I think Susan and the husband were shown to love each other, but the husband was this very short-tempered guy.

You can see online that this character is apparently based on Dorinda (and Candace Bushnell, the original book's writer, has actually hung out with the RHONY ladies on the show) but because those episodes aired between 1998-2000 it couldn't be based on Richard as Dorinda divorced husband number 1 and married Richard in 2005.

Dorinda had a cashmere company and was married to Hannah's father for ten years:

thank you!  does anyone know how she met richard and long afterwards did they marry.  and why did she leave the apt.  

Dear Dorinda,

I liked your wardrobe, the red plaid, the Pucci, the Chanel jackets. 

I liked Blue Stone Manor with its lush colors. I even liked the Fish Room. 

I liked how much you embraced Christmas and Halloween.

I liked when you were present and listened. You had a capacity to be kind and thoughtful.

But I can’t defend your behavior in last week’s episode. 

Rage is blinding you. I think you’re angry that Richard died. You’re angry that Richard left you. 

You cannot justify attacking Tinsley. I hope you receive the therapy you need, soon, before you eviscerate your daughter for some imagined slight.

• Love 9
On 5/15/2020 at 10:19 AM, Midnight Cheese said:

Regarding real estate: Heather’s Manhattan home wasn’t ever on the show, because she lives in a very nice coop on the UWS and the board wouldn’t allow filming. So I have no idea how her never-shown apartment would make anyone think less of her, lulz. Her husband worked for a hedge and Heather had one of the few real-deal, actually successful businesses on any Bravo show ever, so. And that’s objective reality.

I stand corrected about the location of Heather’s home.  I did the thing that I hate that other people do—somewhere it was reported when Heather was still on the show that they didn’t film her home because she didn’t live in NYC, she lived in Westchester.  And I didn’t check that out, I just accepted it, so thank you for correcting me.  And upon rewatching, I did hear her confirm that she lived in Manhattan.  

I do think they should all have to show their real estate to be on the show.  I just think if we’re getting their real lives, we should get to see their homes (and families).  Aviva moved after season five, reportedly (reportedly, don’t take it to the bank!) because her HOA would no longer allow filming in her original apartment.  I don’t think Heather was that interesting or that fabulous that she should have been selected for the show, despite the fact that we never saw where she lived in New York City.  If Aviva moved, I think Heather should have been willing to move or forgo the show.  Heather’s not really popping for me this time around.  Just my opinion.  

By the way, I know we’re not really talking about fabulous real estate anymore, but I just started watching season six, and Aviva moved into a drop-dead gorgeous two story apartment, and that is another example of real estate that might not have been quite as grand as Bethenny’s, which was close to perfection, but someone who had the money to bring the real estate, and I wish they’d cast more along those lines.  Kristen’s apartment, I find it very depressing.  

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

By the way, I know we’re not really talking about fabulous real estate anymore,

Which makes me sad, because I used to look forward to RH shows to see all the fabulous real estate (no matter how garishly decorated) but not is is a rarity.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Leah’s apartment and Luann is a snob. However, as a viewer I was disappointed because it looked like an apartment you could find anywhere (and it didn’t have much in the way of decor).

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/15/2020 at 11:38 PM, Hero said:

Damn, I hate Dorinda! She's such an ugly, drunken, hateful, jealous, witch- looking bitch. 

I strongly dislike people like her who like to diminish and downplay other people's woes. Only Queen Dorinda can feel any sadness. Only she can be mean and cry and be hateful. God forbid anyone who even tries to tells a hint of a sad story, she will tear you down and belittle you because, in her mind, it's not on the same level as losing her husband. 

How can the rest of them be comfortable with Dorinda around?  They all have to watch they don’t have to say anything to set her off.  She then gets mean and goes for the jugular.  Since aBethenny left, she now thinks she’s boss.  Get her off the thinking heads.  Who wants to see that puss more than we have to.  What was Andy thinking?  Or maybe he likes this crap and think it’s hilarious.  That’s why I don’t watch WWHL.  The filthier, the better for him.   BTW, another one of many incidents I just thought of.  Remember when they were having breakfast in LuAnns new Hamptons house?  She attacked Sonja and was screaming a thousand times “I buried my Husband”.  Nobody can out do her when it comes to mental pain.  Two kinds of drunks, happy drunks, vicious drunks.  Come to think of it, they weren’t even drinking yet that morning, or maybe Dorinda had her liquid breakfast already when she woke up.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

What was Andy thinking?  Or maybe he likes this crap and think it’s hilarious.  That’s why I don’t watch WWHL.  The filthier, the better for him.

Pretty sure Andy is not involved in the production of anything Bravo any longer.  That said, yes, he eats this shit for breakfast.  He's a despicable, exploitative, human being in my view.  That he is now in charge of another human, a male no less, sends chills.

• Love 12
On 5/14/2020 at 11:28 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I remember the apartment that Lu moved to after Tom dumped her. It wasn't much different in size than Leah's. I remember the owner left books in bookshelves. But ya, it was nothing to brag about. (Lu's I mean). 

I will say though that I am disappointed that none of the howives have great apartments. Sonja, Leah, Ramona, Dorinda all live in shoe boxes. I understand that NYC is expensive, but I tune in partly for real estate porn, and this show is no longer doing it for me. I actually loved Sonja's townhouse, even if it was falling apart. 

That must be the reason they are showing so many scenes of the howives getting together in parks, walking together, etc. I would imagine it isn't easy to film in such cramped spaces as the apartments most are living in. 

That’s why I love Southern Charm.  They show the dinner parties with all the crystal and place settings and more, especially Patricia’s mansion.  Truly Southern.  The rooms are simply gorgeous.  She originally was an art dealer in N.Y.C. But moved to Charleston taking her butler with her.

• Love 5
On 5/18/2020 at 11:11 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I couldn't help but wonder if this information is backward.  It seems like Susan-Sharon's husband must be the one who was modeled after Dorinda - short tempered, screaming angry, and verbally abusive.

• Love 3
On 5/15/2020 at 7:52 AM, ButterQueen said:

I’m seriously behind, but did Dorinda get a boob job?  

My wonderful husband passed away two weeks ago after a 7 mos battle with cancer. He was only 68.   I want you all to know that reading your posts has kept me sane during the long dark nights.  I love you all. 

Oh Butter Queen, I love you right back.  I've enjoyed so many of your posts and I'm glad there's some little thing we all can do to help you through this awful time.  Bless you and your family.

• Love 10
On 5/15/2020 at 11:48 AM, Silver Bells said:

She roasted two chickens for everyone .. at once.

I would bet cash money (and I'm not a betting woman) that Dorinda has never cooked for the group at BSM.  She might have thrown together a salad or put some frozen canapes in the oven, but I believe she had everything at her house catered and then switched the food to her own dishes to make it look as if she cooked.  And of course she laps up the applause for working her fingers to the bone to make it nice for them.  Ugh!

• Love 4