Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: How Ya Like Them Apples?

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I hope not Cameron.  She was the Mother hen for all the boys, yet I can understand her not wanting to film, being her husband is a doctor and all.  Chelsea and Naomi bring nothing imo.  I could watch Patricia and Katherine all day long, with Shep and what’s his name .. the guy who makes pillows. Lol.

It’s most definitely Cam and it involves Kathryn so you should check out their forum. 

35 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Another man?

Pretty sure the poster was referring to the fact that of course Dorinda was about to go off on someone because she was in the presence of another person not referring to her moving on from John. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It’s most definitely Cam and it involves Kathryn so you should check out their forum. 

Pretty sure the poster was referring to the fact that of course Dorinda was about to go off on someone because she was in the presence of another person not referring to her moving on from John. 

Ok, thanks.

On 5/14/2020 at 10:33 PM, sistermagpie said:

Also in this instance you can't accuse someone of playing the victim when some other person starts yelling and mocking them with the fake crying. Dorinda makes Tinsley the victim by being a cartoon bully--and then five minutes later howling like a dying cow over her own life. Anybody can set her off. Tinsley just does it by simply existing.

Let’s all face it.  Tinsley has nothing in common with these women.  Maybe by now, she has married Scott and moved to Chicago?

• Love 3
(edited)

The music playing during the boxing scene*wasn’t* “Eye of the Tiger” but it was sure doing a deadly dance with copyright law. 

Edited by ladle
  • LOL 10
22 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Let’s all face it.  Tinsley has nothing in common with these women.  Maybe by now, she has married Scott and moved to Chicago?

I would love to see a Real Housewives of Chicago.  I"m not the hugest Tinsley fan but if they got some other women it could be a lot of fun.  I'd love to see the sights, the water, the architecture, etc. in Chicago.  I think I'd really enjoy it.

13 minutes ago, ladle said:

The music playing during the boxing scheme *wasn’t* “Eye of the Tiger” but it was sure doing a deadly dance with copyright law. 

I notice that a lot of these reality shows do Muzak versions of real songs.  I'm sure it's allowed and people can't really sue because I notice it all of the time.  Real housewives, HGTV, etc. do it.  I hate it personally!  I think it's awful.  But it's very hard to sue I think for this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 5/15/2020 at 8:55 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yes, and that is essentially what Dorinda said to Leah last night - essentially, she was saying that Tinsley "forced" her to be abusive to her. (The whole "she wanted a bitch, she got a bitch" and everything that came before it). 

…I think that Dorinda is an emotionally abusive narcissist that blames her victims for her behavior…

Yes, those are the words of an abuser. Dorinda always needs a dog to kick - it's a sport for her. She's focused on a target each season (Sonja, Luann, now Tinsley). She needs a t-shirt that says "I'm not happy until you're not happy"

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, ladle said:

I don’t have a strong opinion about Bethenny but I have to say, I don’t really miss her so far. 

I'm wondering why her name is still listed on my TV as part of the cast.

I went back to episode 2 where Dorinda mentions her boobs being bigger now.  Boob job or weight gain?  They looked pretty perky.

If she did have a boob job, doesn't she know that it is her obligation to tell all of us and her castmates of said surgery?!!  Maybe she had a lift, or she's wearing a double push-up bra.  😉

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I mean, yes, Dorinda is terrible.  At first I thought she was just picking a fight with Tinsley to secure her apple, but now I'm not so sure...

That said, it's not either/or.  Bethenny could be entertaining, and I enjoyed her talking heads, but she tended to be a bit of a killjoy about trips or parties that she did not plan.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I liked Martin and his advice to Tinsley, but I have to say I was uncomfortable when he kept jabbing Tinsley long after she asked him to stop. It was obvious that he wasn't hurting her, but I honestly thought she was recalling her abusive relationship with the boyfriend in Florida. When she curled up into a ball in the corner to get away from him.  it broke my heart a little bit. Martin needs to listen to his clients - no means no even in that situation

Oh man. When she did that it seemed like the show was playing it for comedy and I actually laughed a bit.  I’d forgotten about her abusive past.  That does speak a lot to Tinsley’s strengths in a way though- she generally has a such positive and happy outlook, that I’d forgotten the horrors she has survived.

I did read somewhere that a Real Housewives of Chicago was once considered but scrapped by Bravo.  It’s just as well; I think Tinsley would be better off living her life off-camera.

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I notice that a lot of these reality shows do Muzak versions of real songs.  I'm sure it's allowed and people can't really sue because I notice it all of the time.  Real housewives, HGTV, etc. do it.  I hate it personally!  I think it's awful.  But it's very hard to sue I think for this.

Omg, Dynasty did it with Thriller in at least two big scenes with Heather Locklear. So incredibly cheesy and I love it 👻

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, ladle said:

I don’t have a strong opinion about Bethenny but I have to say, I don’t really miss her so far. 

I do miss her.  And I've talked so much shit about her here.  It's mostly that I hate Andy and Bethenny in the reunions because Bethenny is allowed to say whatever she wants about whoever she wants and nobody is ever allowed to address it .  There was even one reunion where Andy screamed something like "LET HER FUCKING FINISH".  Meanwhile, nobody else is allowed to say anything.  It's disgusting.

But I do miss her.  If anyone wants me to eat crow I will happily eat it.

I don't think I would miss Dorinda though.  Not with the way she is now.  I hope I won't eat crow on that one later.

43 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

If she did have a boob job, doesn't she know that it is her obligation to tell all of us and her castmates of said surgery?!!  Maybe she had a lift, or she's wearing a double push-up bra.  😉

I've been mainlining seasons of RHONY so I know for a fact that at every reunion Andy forces Ramona to say what plastic surgery she's done.  Why doesn't he do that to Bethenny?  "Bethenny, you've had a nose job, you've shaved your jaw, you've done your eyes, you obviously have Botox and fillers".  No.  He just forces Ramona to do it.  It's so fucked up!

34 minutes ago, ladle said:

Bethenny could be entertaining, and I enjoyed her talking heads, but she tended to be a bit of a killjoy about trips or parties that she did not plan.  

I mean, they all almost died in Cartagena, which Tinsley did plan, so I can't exactly say I blame her.... 

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I mean, they all almost died in Cartagena, which Tinsley did plan, so I can't exactly say I blame her.... 

Ha, fair enough.  But she was also like that about Blue Stone Manor, and the others cast members' Christmas parties.  And she was down on Cartagena even before the near-death experience.  

• Love 8
On 5/15/2020 at 9:10 AM, RedDelicious said:

These women are paid to bring the drama. Bringing the drama is how they get a contract for another season. If any of you follow Southern Charm, three of their main cast members did not re-up because they did not want to be part of the drama the producers were planning for the forthcoming season. I think RHoNY is exactly the same. I don’t like the fighting at all and I don’t like the words they use. But I also don’t believe what I am watching on my screen is real. I agree it’s getting uncomfortable, and I don’t really like the storyline. But I’m not going to hate on Dorinda or Tinsley because of it. I think a lot of people confuse hating a character and hating a person and they want to condemn Dorinda for her bad behavior, when she’s pretty much being paid to act that way. They are paid to be awful, and that’s why we’re all in here talking about it and continuing to watch. As for Tinsley, I wish the producers would have her standing up for herself and using her words instead of 30 second bouts of screaming. That’s all I got. Not discussing it further. 

If they are acting, they’re doing a damn good job of it.  They weren’t acting when they got dui’s and went to jail.  I believe all the drinking is real.  Countessa wore a bracelet and went to court.  Apparently, Dorinda let’s John drive the car, as she would have crashed the car by now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

If they are acting, they’re doing a damn good job of it.  They weren’t acting when they got dui’s and went to jail.  I believe all the drinking is real.  Countessa wore a bracelet and went to court.  Apparently, Dorinda let’s John drive the car, as she would have crashed the car by now.

I think you’re right. These arnt “actresses” they are supposed to be living their “real” lives. Who wants the world thinking you are a raging alcoholic with emotional abuse issues for a paycheck? This show yes magnifies things but it can’t magnify what’s not there IRL.  

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 14
17 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This theory that Bravo is "Paying" Dorinda to be abusive, well then why are none of the other women doing it?  I don't buy it.  Dorinda is just an asshole.

All the hearts for you today 

• Love 7

I just listened to Dorinda telling whoever why she broke off with John.  She said her expectations are higher, a knock to John, and she’s growing.  So, she I guess she feels like she deserves someone better.  What nerve to make a statement like that, like the guy is not good enough for her now because she’s now growing.  The only thing I see growing on Dorinda is her ass.  I still don’t think it was her decision.  They probably had a fight and he told her if she didn’t want to go forward, they would have to split.  He probably wanted to at least live with her.  I wonder what his story is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

would love to see a Real Housewives of Chicago.  I"m not the hugest Tinsley fan but if they got some other women it could be a lot of fun.  I'd love to see the sights, the water, the architecture, etc. in Chicago.  I think I'd really enjoy it.

I would love that too.  Maybe Bravo will.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I'd rather have Bethenny back than the raging bitch that is Dorinda. She's clearly in need of a muzzle and a tranqulizer dart.

Me too.  The show was funny at least with Bethenny.  What’s funny now?  Sonja peeing?, Dorinda acting like a lunatic?  There is not one thing funny about Dorinda.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Me too.  The show was funny at least with Bethenny.  What’s funny now?  Sonja peeing?, Dorinda acting like a lunatic?  There is not one thing funny about Dorinda.

That Dorinda in any way thinks she has a leg to stand on in attacking Tinsly in such a vicious way is kinda funny 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I do miss her.  And I've talked so much shit about her here.  It's mostly that I hate Andy and Bethenny in the reunions because Bethenny is allowed to say whatever she wants about whoever she wants and nobody is ever allowed to address it .  There was even one reunion where Andy screamed something like "LET HER FUCKING FINISH".  Meanwhile, nobody else is allowed to say anything.  It's disgusting.

But I do miss her.  If anyone wants me to eat crow I will happily eat it.

I don't think I would miss Dorinda though.  Not with the way she is now.  I hope I won't eat crow on that one later.

I've been mainlining seasons of RHONY so I know for a fact that at every reunion Andy forces Ramona to say what plastic surgery she's done.  Why doesn't he do that to Bethenny?  "Bethenny, you've had a nose job, you've shaved your jaw, you've done your eyes, you obviously have Botox and fillers".  No.  He just forces Ramona to do it.  It's so fucked up!

Andy loves Bethenny.  They are friends in the Hamptons.  She gives him food.  You know the way to a man’s heart is food.  If she was still on the show, I’ll bet she wouldn’t take any of Dorinda’s crap.  In fact, she would probably protect Tinsley.  She may be this n that, but she has a good heart and helps people, especially in crisis and will take credit just like Oprah and everyone else that is famous.  Sure there were lots of annoying things about her, but there are plenty of annoying things about all of them.  I’ll take B over Dorinda in a heartbeat.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Me too.  The show was not in the least funny with Bethenny.  What’s funny now?  Sonja Bethenny peeing?, Dorinda  Bethenny acting like a lunatic?  There is not one thing funny about Dorinda.

Sorry Silver Bells. Had to fix that. The only thing missing from the new season is Skinnygirl bottles featured in the background and Bethenny having a meltdown and sobbing in the corner about how her life is so much more tortured than Dorinda's or Leah's or anyone else's. How dare they complain after all that she had endured!!?? I mean ....Dennis, her addict boyfriend who died because of his unrequited love for her and her poor Cookie who died before her very eyes while she filmed it all on instagram, and her horrible parents who tortured her while they spent tons of money on her, and her many near death experiences from allergies and being lost at sea and the horrid Uber drivers who victimized her. 

If she had returned this season Dorinda's story would have been sidetracked with Bethenny's awful suffering. 

• Love 21
19 minutes ago, Mar said:

OMG, Dorinda is continuing to attack Tinsley on social media. She has really lost it

4DCC7B5A-52A3-43E4-97FE-54D58091BEF7.jpeg

I really want Tinsly to respond own something that I bought with my own money!! Without Richard where the hell would Dorinda be shopping? 

• Love 17
On 5/14/2020 at 11:05 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I didn't find the apartment tacky or shabby at all.   

I absolutely loathe snobby people.  LuAnn had no business knocking Leahs apartment.  It was clean, neat, bright and just right for a single Mother.  There just might be a little jealously there.  Leah is young, pretty and very nice.  

• Love 9

As I said earlier, I think Tinsley should just "nothing" Dorinda.  Don't respond to her insane posts.  Leave Dorinda hanging out in the wind looking like the bitch she has become.  I would not see it as cowardice on Tinsley's part.  Dorinda doesn't need anymore rope to hang herself.  She's doing a pretty good job of making herself look pathetic all on her own.  Apparently Dorinda wants a fight.  Don't give it to her, Tinsley!!  I know, easier said than done, but like a flame, maybe Dorinda will burn herself out when she realizes that she's not going to get a rise out of Tinsley.  

• Love 21
44 minutes ago, Mar said:

OMG, Dorinda is continuing to attack Tinsley on social media. She has really lost it

4DCC7B5A-52A3-43E4-97FE-54D58091BEF7.jpeg

Unbelievable. I don’t understand what’s inside Dorinda’s head at all. Besides maybe two bottles of Sauvignon Blanc and some coke. What the fuckitty is wrong with her. The intensity of her bullying snotty shit is making me hate her.

• Love 19
On 5/14/2020 at 8:44 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

If they don’t film them at home—if they can’t keep up—I don’t really think they should be on the show.  Having a great home should be part of it.  I mentioned that I am re-watching season five right now and they simply never show Heather at home because she doesn’t live in NYC, and it really affects how I view her in a negative way.  

Remember Bethenny's apartment when she was eating at a table smaller than Leah's coffee table while talking with Jason#1 about moving in together (which he was not having at all)!  🙂 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Unbelievable. I don’t understand what’s inside Dorinda’s head at all. Besides maybe two bottles of Sauvignon Blanc and some coke. What the fuckitty is wrong with her. The intensity of her bullying snotty shit is making me hate her.

I guess I missed it; where did Dorinda go to school and what degrees does she have?  Certainly not an Art History degree from Columbia.  As a realtor in her life before Ricky, did she even have a degree?  Who cares; she is vile.  Bravo?  Are you listening?

Dorinda, your downfall will be quite enjoyable.  You know it is coming.  You know it.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

Remember Bethenny's apartment when she was eating at a table smaller than Leah's coffee table while talking with Jason#1 about moving in together (which he was not having at all)!  🙂 

Yup!!!  Seasons 1-3?

• Love 3

On 5/14/2020 at 7:14 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Thank you.  I thought that Leah was saying Turnip Sonja, and believe me, I didn't understand the reference.  

On 5/14/2020 at 7:16 PM, OldButHappy said:

Me too! As in, "Just fell off the turnip truck"!

LOL, I take it you don't have a 22 year old son!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I know "turned up"/turnt up.  I'm a Millennial after all.  But Leah has this mush-mouthed way of speaking so I couldn't understand her.  And honestly, I wouldn't really have expected that phrase to come out of her mouth.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I just keep wondering how Hannah and Dorinda's mother and sister are looking at her behavior? I can't imagine they believe it reflects well on her.  But they probably also know it isn't worth trying to get her to stop, lest she turn on them.

• Love 10
(edited)

3477860.gif

If she had returned this season Dorinda's story would have been sidetracked with Bethenny's awful suffering. 

As of now, Bethenny's awful suffering does sound like the better option.

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

I think Dorinda can handle herself with any housewife. Just because someone is a minority doesn’t make them tough lol. I think Dorinda could handle Nene or Teresa Guidice or Tamra Barney🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, ErikaOnline said:

I think Dorinda can handle herself with any housewife. Just because someone is a minority doesn’t make them tough lol. I think Dorinda could handle Nene or Teresa Guidice or Tamra Barney🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

I don't think she could handle Kenya or Phaedra for that matter. They ate both crazy, manipulative and more importantly 1000 times smarter than she is.

Being a minority has nothing to do with it, and Tamra with her white power loser son certainly doesn't count as a minority.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I don't think she could handle Kenya or Phaedra for that matter. They ate both crazy, manipulative and more importantly 1000 times smarter than she is.

Being a minority has nothing to do with it, and Tamra with her white power loser son certainly doesn't count as a minority.

I don’t think Phaedra is either of those things lol. Tamra isn’t obviously but she’s harsh with her words just like Bethenny. 

8 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I just keep wondering how Hannah and Dorinda's mother and sister are looking at her behavior? I can't imagine they believe it reflects well on her.  But they probably also know it isn't worth trying to get her to stop, lest she turn on them.

They probably already know she’s a bully and keep their distance.  

• Love 3

Dorinda might have gone off the rails with John and maybe hit him below the belt too.  The guy might have had enough and broke off with HER.  There’s just so much one can take with a bully.  She’s very mum about the breakup.  Usually, a friend would tell you what happened, but she’s not talking .. very vague.

• Love 5

Did Dorinda say she had an abusive childhood? I could've sworn she said that during her meltdown at the lunch. Then she subsequently said she could tell that goat has been emotionally abused 🙄

I thought she has a great relationship with her mom & sister and that every year her mom makes her a birthday cake on her birthday.  I don't know what she was aluding to. Maybe someone else can shed some light on her past? Either way she has no excuse to be so awful.  

I can tell Tinsley has respect for her elders and takes to heart what people say about her.  Dorinda is exploiting that. 

I realized who Dorinda reminds me of- an older Blonde version of Leah Remini. The voice is SO similar. The tough attitude too (at least as portrayed by her "King of Queens" character). The juxtaposition of Dorinda's deep rasp and Tinsley's childlike voice is a perfect example of one woman vs. the other.  If that makes sense.

• Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I would love to see a Real Housewives of Chicago.  I"m not the hugest Tinsley fan but if they got some other women it could be a lot of fun.  I'd love to see the sights, the water, the architecture, etc. in Chicago.  I think I'd really enjoy it.

19 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I did read somewhere that a Real Housewives of Chicago was once considered but scrapped by Bravo.  It’s just as well; I think Tinsley would be better off living her life off-camera.

I live in Chicago, and definitely have mixed feelings about there being one here. ON the one hand, fun, on the other hand, embarrassing if they insist on acting like represent "real" Chicago, which none of these ladies do from any of the cities.

I had heard Bravo scrapped a version of it here,  but then I've also heard from some people here in the know that the matriarch of the Pritzker family, a wealthy and influential family here in Chicago (J.B. Pritzker is our governor, the Pritzker name is on a lot of buildings and hospital wings), put the kibosh on it happening here. Or at least threatened to freeze some people out if they went on the show.

But our city is pretty great. 🙂 Having Tinsley be the one to start a "spinoff" would make sense, although I'm not sure she could carry a show as the "OG," as they like to say.

Edited by candle96
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Anybody can handle anybody if you want to go that route that they go on, but then your reputation goes down the toilet.  Tinsley takes it on the chin with a little jabbing, but Dorinda takes the down road and appears like a drunken, mean mess.  I wouldn’t want to be friends with the likes of her.  She’s a time bomb waiting to explode.  Who needs that?  We have enough shit in our lives.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Well according to her they didn’t break up.

I bet on some level she sees that nobody else will put up with her crap, and wants to keep John on standby.

• Love 3