Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: How Ya Like Them Apples?

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

This is her get out of jail free card for being nasty... you try to stop her and her first response is MY HUSBAND DIED .... No sweaty that's not an excuse ..... you dont get to treat people like shit because of that .... at some point I'm gonna say it again she needs to be held accountable for this shit ...

Thank you

• Love 13
(edited)
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

He was literally doing dry cleaning for the Met, museums and every high end fashion designer in NYC long before he was ever on this show.

Yes, I know he was respected  cleaner w/costumes and high-end garments  - but I'm sure the extra  exposure didn't hurt his business-- plus probably word of mouth recommendations  from the other HO-wives as well

Also, remember when Bethenny mentioned he moth-proofed her closet--seem to recall  her saying it was $10,000...and on her flipping series  w/Frederik, John cleaned the upholstery after wine was spilled berfore the open house?

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

That tennis bracelet/small dick comment was way fucking below the belt. Sonja, you wet-brained sop, if Tins was just looking for a guy with cash she could find one. And she'd be out screwing half of Manhattan, as you've done for years. Tinsley loves Scott and can't get over him! The comment was not based in any reality. 

It was a disgusting and hateful comment. Sonja needs to get over herself.

• Like 1
  • Love 23
(edited)

I'm just starting this episode, but the boxer with "Dorita" and "Dinsdale" is killing me. I'm sure it's shtick, but it is still making me giggle.

Edited by sasha206
  • LOL 11
  • Love 9
(edited)

I forgot in my previous post to mention Sonja's drunk sex talk inside the winery that even the server was embarrassed of...that whole scene with Sonja and some others describing "dick pics" and sexual acts was disgusting. They would be kicked out if they were not filming TV show.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 18
(edited)
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, I cannot take Sonja's drunken coarseness anymore, it is not clever or entertaining, it is sad and unwanted. 

It's interesting that Sonja said she wanted a "healthy day" (no wine), but at the first sight of alcohol, she couldn't say no.  Note to Sonja;  Just because the other ladies drink doesn't mean you have to!  It's sad to see her not be able to restrain herself for just a few hours.  LuAnn actually seemed to be in control of what she drank.  I'm glad that she didn't get drunk and fall down in the corn maze!  Speaking of LuAnn, she has a lot of nerve to look down on someone and make fun of them because their apartment doesn't meet her standards.  Isn't the first rule of having class is to make that those around you feel just as important as you think you are?   

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 21

This reminds me of Dwight on "The Office" peeing into a can in the backseat of a car as Jim and Michael were driving him from Scranton to Utica.  And it wasn't even a long drive and he could have just asked them to stop the car.

• Love 4

There’s no comparison to death and divorce, but when Ramona divorced Mario, I did not remember her crying the blues every minute for years.  That was a big blow, and she handled it pretty good for a marriage of twenty years.  Then again, she doesn’t seem to be a whiner.  She doesn’t look for sympathy.

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I’m seriously behind, but did Dorinda get a boob job?  

My wonderful husband passed away two weeks ago after a 7 mos battle with cancer. He was only 68.   I want you all to know that reading your posts has kept me sane during the long dark nights.  I love you all. 

Butter Queen - My heart goes out to you - I'm so very sorry.  

• Love 10
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

There’s no comparison to death and divorce, but when Ramona divorced Mario, I did not remember her crying the blues every minute for years.  That was a big blow, and she handled it pretty good for a marriage of twenty years.  Then again, she doesn’t seem to be a whiner.  She doesn’t look for sympathy.

Extremely good point.  It's kind of sad, because unfortunately I think she's very good at stifling her emotions and disassociating, after being raised in an abusive household.  I'm not judging her for it.  I think she's done a great, great job dealing with the divorce on the show, especially with the added humiliation of it all playing it out so publicly and on television.  AND so recently.  Much more recently than Richard dying.

That's why when she's drinking (in a just having fun sense, not a getting arrested sense, or peeing in public sense, or being abusive sense like the others), having fun, dancing, drinking slutty, hitting on men, I'm happy for her and I don't make fun of her for it or begrudge her for it one bit.  She's making the most of things and having fun.  I don't care what her age is, she should continue having fun and living her life the way she wants.

Funnily enough, drinking never seems to make Ramona abusive.  I think Ramona's been at her worst when sober.  She likes her wine and she's happy drinking it.  And Bethenny used to always say Ramona can drink all day and hold her liquor and the other women cannot catch up.  Which tends to explain Sonja falling down and having near death experiences in Miami or jumping naked into pools while Ramona is somehow completely calm and ready to go out dancing.  AND why I didn't even care when Ramona left her OWN Hamptons mansion to go party and left all the drunks behind.  LOL

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She is using John/Richard  as a crutch to be able to drink and do these horrible things .... This is her get out of jail free card for being nasty... you try to stop her and her first response is MY HUSBAND DIED .... No sweaty that's not an excuse ..... you dont get to treat people like shit because of that .... at some point I'm gonna say it again she needs to be held accountable for this shit ...

I agree 1000%.

Best part of your post?

Calling Dorinda sweaty!

You are on the money brother!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I've placed the YouTube link on the Dorinda thread.

Thanks so much. I watched the short video and was astonished, absolutely astonished, that there was zero apology or acknowledging/taking responsibility for her behavior on the episode. She even said that Ramona was mean when she said that John had not graduated from university because he had. She was chuckling throughout when discussing the episode. Fame has certainly gone to her head and she believes she can do no wrong.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The thing about Dorinda is she ignores all the things in Tinsley’s life that haven’t been good. She counts the other women’s divorces as a pain but ignores that Tinsley is also divorced from a man she was with since she was a teenager and was with for over 20 years, she ignores her abusive relationship, the pain of her dad’s alcohol issues and death, etc. 

Couldn't help but notice that when Dorinda was saying, "My gum lasted longer than your relationship." I immediately tried to remember how long Tinsley was married, since Dorinda seemed to be saying Tinsley had never had a relationship that lasted more than a minute.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Not buying Lu's pearl clutching over a dick pic. I'm willing to bet she's been sent a few. 

I'm willing to bet she's requested a few as well.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

IAlso, shifting the conversation to Tinsley makes it seem like she somehow deserves the treatment she's getting from Dorinda. She doesn't.

She really doesn't.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Dorinda has not yet accepted Richard's death - she has not gone through all the stages of grief.  She must have really, really loved him.  She is still angry at him for dying, and she hasn't moved to acceptance.  I wonder if that was because of the lifestyle she and Richard had - you know, "stiff upper lip and all that", or having friends convince her that getting back into the world will help her heal and move on, so she did that, and tamped down all her grief, putting on a brave face.  She is broken on the inside - she needs to fix herself, and alcohol isn't fixing anything.  

Or... she had a child to raise and John to distract her attention.  Now, her child is gone and John left/gone so she everything she pushed down for a decade she's vomiting up.  Just a theory but whatever is going on she really really needs to grief counseling - offscreen.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Or... she had a child to raise and John to distract her attention.  Now, her child is gone and John left/gone so she everything she pushed down for a decade she's vomiting up.  Just a theory but whatever is going on she really really needs to grief counseling - offscreen.  

Didn’t Hannah drop out of college because of Richard’s death? She was living with her when Dorinda started the show but she wasn’t a young child when he died. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

In what world would Dorinda get a worldly rich man to want to be with her?

The world of ours? Granted, it was 20 years ago, but still.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

My wonderful husband passed away two weeks ago after a 7 mos battle with cancer. He was only 68.   I want you all to know that reading your posts has kept me sane during the long dark nights.  I love you all. 

I'm so sorry, ButterQueen.  Hugs and I'm wishing for brighter days ahead for you.  

4 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I hope the current virus doesn’t ruin all of our fun television shows.  It worries me.  I like Leah so far and haven’t missed Bethennny one bit.  I still miss Heather and Carole.

Even if the ladies can't film in the not so distant future, we can always snark endlessly about the episodes already aired!!  I'm keeping an open mind about Leah.  I like her too, but sometimes the newbies end up disappointing me.  I wished she had gone and comforted her friend Tinsley, but other than that she's cool with me.  I'm curious to see how her storyline plays out.  I'd really like to see her stand her ground with Dorinda.  Poor Tinsley.  She has got to grow a backbone!  I think the trainer said she was a doormat.  I was that way when I was young, and my Dad said those very words to me.  Take heed, Tinsley!  Your trainer knows what he's talking about.  Stand up for yourself!  You'll feel so much better. 

• Love 15
43 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Didn’t Hannah drop out of college because of Richard’s death? She was living with her when Dorinda started the show but she wasn’t a young child when he died. 

It is somehow imprinted on my brain that Hannah was 14 or 16 when Richard died, but I don't know where I remember that from. I have seen photos of Hannah and Richard where she looks to be about 9 or 10 years old. She looks pretty small so I'm assuming they weren't married yet at that point.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Gee, Dorinda, so life didn’t work out like you planned. Welcome to the world. I’ve never gotten the “ charm” of Dorinda that so many others see. I think she’s an entitled, snobby and pretty mean, nasty person. I know she thinks it’s beneath her but she’s just as much of an alcoholic as Sonia, Luann and Leah but alcohol doesn’t make her silly & fun. It makes her a viper. And though I think Tinsley is kind of a crybaby, she’s really about the only person on this show that doesn’t attack others for no reason.  All of these Housewives shows seem so sad and superficial when we think about what’s going on in the real world.  I think their popularity is going to stop dropping - I have a hard time listening to rich drunk ladies  scream  At each other.

Agreed.  I haven't read through all the comments yet (bad me) but I gotta side-eye the crying jag.  I thought Tinsley overracted it.  The hands over here eyes seem to hide the lack of tears.

But Dorinda's a fucking asshole!

From the realitytea.com recap:

Dorinda has been with John for 7 years, yet she still talks about Richard like it was yesterday. Dorinda’s mind is like a Tupperware – the past stays fresh forever.

😂😂

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

I think Tinsley sometimes thinks these women are more like her Mother and she sort of treats them like she treats Dale.  There's NO excuse for Dorito to pick on her but I also think Dorito needs some serious therapy.  I just wish they could just have had a FUN beautiful day at the Orchard instead of the yelling, pissing in corn maze, crying, and general bullshit that went on.

I was sooo embarassed for that owner guy when Sonja went on about him and his "47 acres". I bet he was getting some nice fee for hosting that bunch of dingbats!

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think there is only so much hate you can take and remain quiet ... you become the doormat .... No one has the right to just unload on you anytime they feel like it and not have some kinda repercussion and that is what Dorinda has been getting away with .. Dorinda uses the fact that Tinsly doesn't really fight back in her favor .....That's what bullys do ... Some one ANYONE needs to step up and stop it

To me, that is what made the whole lunch confrontation worse for Tinsley.  Except for Ramona, the other ladies only rolled their eyes.  Frigging Sonja even chimed in with a negative remark.  Are they all afraid to tell Dorinda to lay off?

If Dorinda had taken a moment to listen to what Tinsley was saying at the lunch after the fashion show, she would know it wasn’t about the hair!  It was about Dale telling her grown daughter how to wear her hair.  Instead of listening Dorinda was sticking a knife into her brain.  At that moment I could only think of Dorinda stabbing herself in Mexico.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

I think Dorito is a mean nasty woman but I think part of her is parlaying this behavior into "traffic". Her Instagram site is very busy as is this site. Everyone is talking about her so I think she thinks she's secure in keeping her apple. Part of this is intentional which is even worse. And yes part of this is because she's a tragic hosebeast with the emotional maturity of a 10 year old.

ETA- not to denigrate 10 year olds at all, a lot of them are better people than Dorito will ever be.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
21 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Truer words were never said.

Agree. And this goes for Leah too. Loved how the editors showed scenes or her losing it while she was commiserating with Lu about being in control of her drinking. Sure Leah. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, njbchlover said:

While I think that Dorinda has an anger problem when she drinks, I actually think that Sonja is the biggest alcoholic in this group.  

I don’t think it matters. They both have a problem. It’s not fun to watch either of them, but Dorinda’s rage seems to be getting worse.

That guy was clearly disgusted with sloppy drunk Sonja and I don’t blame him. 

• Love 14
8 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I’m seriously behind, but did Dorinda get a boob job?  

I'm so, so sorry.  Big hugs to you.  ❤️

• Love 6
19 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

We should be able to see their homes, and they should have great real estate in New York City, even if it’s not at a Bethenny level.  It’s expensive, but that’s one of the reasons New York is considered the best.  

I'm guessing there aren't a lot of NYCers that want to be a part of this shit show!

• Love 6
19 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I loved Ramona's old apartment - to me, that was one of the things I loved about this show when it started.  Her large, probably "classic six" on the Upper East Side was everything I dreamed about when I was a teenager who wanted to live in the city.  I even liked it when everyone else said that the aparment was dated.  Her renovations were well done, although I thought the apartment lost some of it's character and became another white on white on white box, like so many other apartments and homes right now.  

Her new apartment, while nice, just seems a little cold to me - it's like Ramona decorated it from a ZGallerie catalog - just more white on white on beige - no personality.  She decorated it like a model home - ready for re-sale.

The only lacking in both of Ramona's apartments (old and new) is any kind of outdoor space or terrace.  

Until Bethenny started making Skinnygirl money and buying/renovating/selling apartments as a hobby, Ramona's apartment and Sonja's townhouse still stand out as the best NYC real estate.  Kelly had a nice apartment, too, iirc.  Jill's apartment was tiny, Luann's townhouse was also small (and a rental, if I recall correctly), Alex's Brooklyn townhouse was always under construction, Bethenny lived in teeny, tiny apartments.  Carole's apartment was also okay, but again, I think it was only three rooms with a scary staircase.  Dorinda's apartments were both small.  I can't remember Aviva's, Kristen's or Heather's places.  I remember Jules' was also very small.  

I loved Ramona's old apartment too! I honestly think she did a better job decorating a place with a homey, sunny vibe versus the more modern look take.

Remember Jill's apartment renovation that was so tacky?  Bethenny's reaction to it was so funny!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Couldn't help but notice that when Dorinda was saying, "My gum lasted longer than your relationship." I immediately tried to remember how long Tinsley was married, since Dorinda seemed to be saying Tinsley had never had a relationship that lasted more than a minute.

Poor Tinsley doesn't have the mean gene. There are so many snappy comments she could zing right back to Dorinda (and Sonja) when they make these senseless drunken jabs at her but she can't think on her feet fast enough. Tinsley may have made some serious mistakes in her life,  be a bit immature, a cry baby, and have overpowering mother issues but she is a decent person who Dale raised to have class and manners. She doesn't have a vicious bone in her body and for that I say I really do hope we see her leave the show for good. 

• Love 17

Y'all are confusing me every time you call Dorinda, Dorito.

Am I in the Real Housewives New York thread or Beverly Hills?

Are we talking about the mean drunk or the puppy dumper?

Is one Cool Ranch and the other Nacho Cheese?

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
Just now, Mar said:

And now her response to an Instagram comment. She seems to feel she is in the right... how is that possible???

20442B3C-B5E6-4371-BB8D-39F3AA9B4EB0.jpeg

Because she is a mean delusional bully? The person also didn’t say she could be her daughter. I hate her so much!! 

• Love 16

I was watching something on t.v. tonight which rang true.  He said something like “Don’t keep thinking of what you lost .. think about what you have.”  This certainly applies to Dorinda, or anyone I assume.  I think someone Billy Bush was interviewing tonight said it.

• Love 5