Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/11/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, May 11 – Wanda Cooper-Jones, mother of Ahmaud Arbery who was shot and killed while jogging in Georgia, joined  by her attorney Lee Merritt; Shelley Luther, the Dallas salon owner who was jailed for reopening her business; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, May 12 – The Political View with Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL); Magic Johnson (“The Last Dance”)

Wednesday, May 13 — The Political View with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI)

Thursday, May 14 — The Political View with ABC News Contributor Rahm Emanuel

Friday, May 15 — The Political View with ABC News Political and Legal Contributor Chris Christie; Tracy Morgan (“SCOOB!”)

• Love 1

MeMe- say that to Chris Cuomo’s face.  She’s brought this up a couple of times now and from what I’ve read about that incident she is ( as always) misrepresenting what actually happened

• Love 18

Really, Meghan?  Because you have Covid19, you are saying you shouldn’t leave your house?  If Chris C was on his own property, why is that wrong, in your eyes?  Are we adding an MD to your name, now?    Good grief, I am 78 years old, and I have been to Walmart several times, I don’t want anyone else selecting groceries, when I did, I received 3 rotten pears for a total of $6.75.  I wear my mask and practice social distancing.  But, of course, I’m not pregnant!

• LOL 6
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, Axie said:

This show is really grim today.  Not their fault since they’re just talking about current events, but, it’s truly depressing.

Good thing we have VYD to look forward to!  🙄

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Good thing we have VYD to look forward to!  🙄

At least in the NYC area, Governor Cuomo's daily briefing prevents us from seeing VYD...but, I would have liked to have seen Wanda Cooper-Jones.  

Why is Meghan so much more miserable today than normal?  Maybe Ben didn't acknowledge her for Mother's Day?  She started with a frown and continued throughout.  

• Love 11

Whoopi: "What did you do for Mother's Day?"

Mags: "I watched the Real Housewives reunion on Bravo and it was amazing."

Ever the intellect. And weren't we just overflowing with righteous indignation today?!!!

She also whined about how people are complaining that now the on-air personalities are looking a little "unpolished" and how they're always coming after them for something.

Did you once stop and think that maybe that they come after you because you are a spoiled, rude, arrogant woman?

No....I didn't think so.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

Other than Christie, I think they have a strong guest list this week. And Joy knocked Christie last week on the show even though he’s a fellow ABC employee these days, so hopefully she does that to his face.

I’m glad Joy was able to see her daughter and grandson for Mother’s Day. I think she’s said she’s been separated from them throughout the pandemic thus far. I was happy that she defended Cuomo against McCain’s latest lie / smear attempt.

Meghan thinks people have been making fun of her for not looking her best during the pandemic... Uh, no, people have just been making fun of the dumb Where’s Waldo glasses that look two sizes too large for her head. She wants so desperately to be a Victim! Somebody should just brand a V across her chest.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Mags: "I watched the Real Housewives reunion on Bravo and it was amazing."

I'm not judging anyone here who watches Real Housewives. It's not my cup of tea but if someone else enjoys it fine whatever. However I will totally judge Meghan for watching them.  She doesn't seem to watch anything that isn't a reality show.  

I get tons of stuff from my library and the librarian once said you watch and read a wide variety of things. I can check out a documentary about the Supreme Court at the same time as the movie Cannonball Run.  It's like my diet. I usually eat fruits and vegetables but sometimes I have some Cheetos.  Meghan seems to only eat Cheetos.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
(edited)

It's really too bad that even Sunny doesn't always do a lot of research.  Ivanka's assistant has been working from home for about two months.  So she's not part of this hotspot. 

Today Meghan decided to name Chris Cuomo instead of obliquely referring to him like she did last week.  I wondered what exactly happened, so I looked it up, and this incident happened a month ago, on Easter, a little over two weeks after Cuomo was first diagnosed, when he and his immediate family were outdoors on their own property (not NYC) and a man on a bicycle (not a neighbor) noticed him, stopped, 100 feet away, the man said, and confronted him about why he wasn't social distancing, saying, "Your brother is the coronavirus czar.  Why aren't you following his rules"? 

Chris did exchange words with him at this point, but of course the bicyclist says Cuomo "attacked" him.  Never mind that if he hadn't started it, it never would have happened.  The sites that covered this were all, except for Inside Edition, conservative media, and, par for the course, the biker appeared on Tucker Carlson's Fox News show.  

Meghan needs "professional clothing"?  Everybody else on the show looks just the same or better, wardrobe-wise. 

Whoopie made the most ill-advised segue ever.

Do you think Meghan sits there when someone's telling a light-hearted story and tells herself, "I will not smile, I will not smile, I will not smile"?   

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, Jeanius said:

And those STUPID glasses. I am irrationally enraged by them.

LOL-me, too. We should start a Twitter account called "Meghan McCain's Glasses" so we can properly vent on this issue.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

The mother of Ahmaud Arbery very clearly tells the story of how she found out her son had died from the police.   MM gets her turn to ask a question and asks, What were you told about how your son died, and did you believe the story???????  The mother repeats verbatim the same story she had just told.   MM either was not listening or has very limited journalistic skills.  Sunny ended up asking the follow up question that MM should have asked. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Megan is an heiress and a daughter of a famous politician, which enabled her to "earn" a job as a host on a national talk show.  She has so much in her life yet is a miserable Cee-u-Next-Tuesday.  Meghan views herself as a victim of the left wing, the media and sexism and sees her life as a constant struggle. She will never realize that people do not like her because she is a spoiled obnoxious brat who does not have an ounce of empathy for other people.  Meghan McCain is a sad pathetic basket case of a poor little rich girl.

^^^^   x 1000   ^^^^

• Love 13

I didn't follow the Dallas salon owner story much in the news before she was on The View today.

Sunny said she got $18k (which I assume was a govt loan?). The salon owner says she didn't know how she was to spend the money. Well, if she applied to get the money shouldn't she have known how it was to be used?

Also how does she feel about the other salons and businesses that aren't opening because they are following the law?

Why is she so entitled? Again, I didn't follow the story closely.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
47 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm not judging anyone here who watches Real Housewives. It's not my cup of tea but if someone else enjoys it fine whatever. However I will totally judge Meghan for watching them.  She doesn't seem to watch anything that isn't a reality show.  

I'm not slagging off anybody for watching it - and it's definitely NOT my cup of tea either - it's just that she always tries to come across as so highbrow. That she is miles above the sort of rabble that average people would watch. She presents as a snob and I for one can't wait for her mat leave and hopefully, her NOT returning to work.

18 minutes ago, Jeanius said:

And those STUPID glasses.

Please put your contacts back in. You look bloody ridiculous.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Whoopie made the most ill-advised segue ever.

I haven't seen it yet, but that, Lusinia, is really saying something!!!  We all saw her daily incompetence when she had innumerable professionals assisting her in a job she shouldn't have.  On her own (heh heh heh) it's GLARING!!

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

I'm not slagging off anybody for watching it - and it's definitely NOT my cup of tea either - it's just that she always tries to come across as so highbrow. That she is miles above the sort of rabble that average people would watch.

In 2018 they were discussing which movies should be nominees for the Academy Awards and the only movie Meghan mentioned was I Tonya.  Nothing against the movie, which I have watched at least three times, but it seemed like such a lowbrow movie to pick.  She doesn't have any sort of intellectual curiosity at all.  And for the record I saw four of the Best Picture nominees that year.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Would it kill her to smile when Whoopi was talking about her daughter?  

THIS!  EVERYBODY tells stupid, boring stories but that is the social contract we have with one another.  I'll laugh and smile at your stupid story if you'll laugh at mine.  Can you imagine how Megan would feel if when her baby is born, everybody decides to get payback to her and frowns whenever she brings up the CUTEST thing her baby did that day?  But her View co-hosts are so nice, so that would never happen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

I didn't follow the Dallas salon owner story much in the news before she was on The View today.

Sunny said she got $18k (which I assume was a govt loan?). The salon owner says she didn't know how she was to spend the money. Well, if she applied to get the money shouldn't she have known how it was to be used?

Also how does she feel about the other salons and businesses that aren't opening because they are following the law?

Why is she so entitled? Again, I didn't follow the story closely.

Ok I'll have a go @OnTime 🙃

the owner said reason #1 was her kids, and that she had to feed them. 

Reason #2 was her 'employees'. BUT she didnt know if she could call them employees because she doesnt give them a paycheck, they in fact pay her for the spot. Lol just like a mortgage.  Anyway they were getting desperate with no income and were going to start home jobs for some $$.  The owner said no that is unsafe and that she would open it up. 

Reason #3 she was having problems trying to get any of the loans and she didnt know whats up with them.  Now she did have $18k deposited into her bank two days before the View appearance.  She explained this saying she didnt know who it was from and what it is for.  She didnt know if was for the 'employees' or her for expenses. She wanted to research it further. And all this is why she opened up.

P.s.  she also threw her neighbor shopowner under the bus saying they were deemed essential this whole time and yet she cant.  I guess thats reason #4. I forget what kind of place she said is was, but i believe in the service industry. Spa or massage maybe?  Dont remember.  And now this is why she opened back up.

Edited by Tammee
More
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 5/11/2020 at 11:03 AM, After7Only said:

The mother of Ahmaud Arbery very clearly tells the story of how she found out her son had died from the police.   MM gets her turn to ask a question and asks, What were you told about how your son died, and did you believe the story???????  The mother repeats verbatim the same story she had just told.   MM either was not listening or has very limited journalistic skills.  Sunny ended up asking the follow up question that MM should have asked. 

Agreed that part was f*cked up.  

Did anybodys dvr do this?  or however they watched that interview. 

Right after the part where Sunny asked the 'did you believe it' question and they go to commercial. Mine skipped all the way back to the beginning of that interview and repeated it and then cut off the end and the goodbyes.  Did that happen to anyone else or is my dvr giving out lol

Ps..to add, Im aware not everyone watches at the same time.  That day i was watching the live show, but the DVR was also recording.  Back to your viewing...

Edited by Tammee
Adding
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Tammee said:

.  she also threw her neighbor shopowner under the bus saying they were deemed essential this whole time and yet she cant.  I guess thats reason #4. I forget what kind of place she said is was, but i believe in the service industry. Spa or massage maybe?  Dont remember.  

Dog groomer.  She kind of had a point with that one. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Reason #3 she was having problems trying to get any of the loans and she didnt know whats up with them.  Now she did have $18k deposited into her bank two days before the View appearance.  She explained this saying she didnt know who it was from and what it is for.  She didnt know if was for the 'employees' or her for expenses. She wanted to research it further. And all this is why she opened up.

If I was one of the stylists who rented a station from her and she didn't give them part of the $18,000 I would be pissed. 

Also did she mention there is a gofundme page which has raised a lot of money for her?

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

yeah!  as much as I dislike Meghan, I was shocked that she asked this after the mother just got thru telling the story. guess she was just practicing her grumpy look for when Whoopie was talking about the twerking and when they were discussing Mothers Day.  Guess Daddy was the only parent she liked (or who liked her).

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jeanius said:

"So, Meghan, how did you spend Mother's Day? Thoughts about soon becoming a mother? How about your own mother?"

Meghan: I watched the Real HoWives Atlanta Reunion. It was Amazing. (And, hey - I am not above watching the Housewives.) 

Could she be any more self-centered and sour sounding? And with the slightest smirk that is supposed to tell us how "ironic" or something she is. And those STUPID glasses. I am irrationally enraged by them. Partly because I am struggling with the glasses/mask issue on those rare occasions that I venture out for groceries. 

I know she has shared some of her thoughts on being pregnant - how it is affecting HER, but not even a quick something about her own mother? How about her beloved grandmother? At least she didn't mention dear beloved daddy.

What a miserable person to be around.

I admit I am a fan of the Real Housewives shows, although I didn't see the Atlanta Reunion last night.

But, what confuses me is that the Reunion show was not on TV until 9:00 PM last night.  So, did Meghan do ANYTHING else ALL friggin' day, or did she just sit on her couch and bingewatch the entire season of the Atlanta that was shown all day before the Reunion?  

Did Ben give her flowers?  Did they go for a walk?  Did they have any kind of special takeout meal or did Ben cook for her?  Did she Skype or Zoom or Facetime with her Mom or Grandmother or any other family members?  Anything that she could have added to the conversation??  

It seems odd that she did not even acknowledge her Mom or Grandmother, when she always used to talk about her family.  She hasn't mentioned them at all recently - aside from the show and social media, it is as if she has distanced/isolated herself from the world, or they are not communicating or speaking or something.  

She could have at least smiled when Whoopi was telling that twerking story.  I bet that was something funny to see on Zoom...even if it may have been cringeworthy.  

And, not even a smile about Joy's story, which I thought was very sweet.

Something was bothering Meghan before they went on air - I think that much was obvious, and then, being contradicted corrected about the Cuomo story just set her off even more.  Only thing different from past times when she got corrected is she wasn't able to side eye anyone, or huff and puff and have anyone notice.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Can i ask what happ?  Sorry, my dvr was acting up.

Whoopie mentioned that we lost several icons (which she used appropriately) over the weekend - Roy Horn, Little Richard, music executive Andre Harrell, singer Betty Wright, and Jerry Stiller, and then she just went right into talking about how her family celebrated her daughter's birthday (on Zoom, I think), and they had a twerking contest, and she didn't want to see her daughter twerking, so she put her mask over her eyes.  And then, oddly, she brought up the deaths again.   

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Reason #2 was her 'employees'. BUT she didnt know if she could call them employees because she doesnt give them a paycheck, they in fact pay her for the spot. Lol just like a mortgage.  Anyway they were getting desperate with no income and were going to start home jobs for some $$.  The owner said no that is unsafe and that she would open it up. 

@Tamme, thanks for the details.

So if the hairdressers have to pay the salon owner for a "spot", do the hairdressers get all the money the clients pay for their haircuts? 

I'm sure corporate salons (like the Hair Cuttery) are also getting desperate with no money but they didn't open. She kinda annoyed me, but I'll have to read up more.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

So if the hairdressers have to pay the salon owner for a "spot", do the hairdressers get all the money the clients pay for their haircuts? 

And correct me if I'm wrong but since they are considered self employed isn't it harder for them to get unemployment? So shouldn't some of that $18,000 be for them too?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

That part sounds like she didn't like the idea of her employees making money unless they were paying her booth rental to do it. As to safety, who's to say that a one-on-one environment is less safe than a six-on-six environment? (Guessing as to how many stylists work in the salon at once).

I think her reasoning is hinky.

• Love 14

WOW! This one-hour Monday show felt like a five-hour week's worth of shows. As someone already pointed out - it felt so depressing. Some astute takeaways from today's show....

1. I don't know what was wrong with them today (maybe they had quite a pre-show argument before they went on air), but I felt like I was attending a funeral with them for the hour. Right to the last minute, when Whoopi closed the show with a dour 'take a little time to enjoy The View and wash your hands'. I was waiting for one of them to ask us viewers:  "Anyone want to follow us to the cemetery for the burial ?" 

2. Meghan obviously had a crappy Mother's Day and wanted the world to know - so she couldn't take any joy in what the others did. She didn't mention that she Skyped with her mother, Zoomed with her mother, or even called her Mother. Didn't mention she sent her any gifts - not even the garbage they've been hawking each day on View Your Deal'.  I can only guess one thing:  Maybe they're not speaking to one another ? Wouldn't doubt it - Meghan has become unbearable the past six weeks. 

3. I really found it very hard to believe the salon owner when she acknowledged she received $18K from the government, but didn't know what to do with it.  There are a few types of loans being offered right now, and you apply for the one(s) you are qualified for - plain and simple.  It sounds like this one was for payroll help to keep her staff paid. She's now saying on TV she's not sure how to use it since she doesn't pay staff, but takes rent from them (which means each of them are considered self-employed, and pay rent for the space they use in her salon - they should have applied for loans to pay their landlord rent! ). If this is true, and she applied for a loan for employee wages - she's committed fraud against the government - and that's a federal felony since it involves $18K. I do hope someone from the government looks into this more closely, and finds out if fraud was committed by her.

4. Andrew Glassman has the personality and appeal of wet cement. You can tell the last thing he wants to do is sell this Oprah crap on 'The View'. His job for Oprah is to find products to highlight in her magazine (and I've met him more than once at the NY Gift Show over the years - he's dull in person, too), his job is not to sell the products. Please put him out of his misery and have someone else film these segments who can fake enthusiasm and excitement  'selling' this crap - Sarah Haines would be perfect.

5. Speaking of Oprah's crap - if you're one of the 30M Americans out of work, be happy you can potentially do 'zoom interviews' wearing Oprah's favorite slimming tee shirt, with Oprah's favorite hair products, styled with Oprah's favorite curling iron. And next to you, have Oprah's favorite purse strategically placed to impress your interviewer. Don't worry that you have no money to pay rent or your car loan, since this garbage will cost you a few weeks' unemployment benefits ...you'll look like a million dollars applying for that Walmart job on-line (since they're the only ones hiring right now).

• Love 8

Megan seems depressed.  She looked like a sourpuss the entire time.  Maybe her hubby didn't do anything for her and she is still pissed.

And I thought it was interesting that the salon owner didn't mention receiving the $18K until Sonny brought it up.

• Love 10

Megs never smiling at any of her co-hosts' humorous little stories means she's not even listening when they talk.   She's busy going over in her head all of the hateful things she's about to spew.   And her asking that poor mother the question about the very thing she'd just explained in sad detail was stupid and hurtful.    She wasn't listening to her either.   So she doesn't actually pay attention to anyone, just rehearses her hate speech in her vacant head when they're all speaking.

Maybe there's discord in the McCain family over the Senator's will?   Maybe Meggie thought she'd get everything, as the golden child, and can't accept that the man's widow inherited everything?  Or it could be something as simple as Ben not wishing her a Happy Pre-Mother's Day or some such drivel, because she definitely had a hair across her a$$ today, although come to think of it -- doesn't she always?

• Love 19
2 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Can you imagine how Megan would feel if when her baby is born, everybody decides to get payback to her and frowns whenever she brings up the CUTEST thing her baby did that day?  But her View co-hosts are so nice, so that would never happen.

If the View hires a new 5th chair, they should hire someone who does their research and repeats many MMisms back to her.  Like I don't want to talk about kids, lets move on to another subject.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

I have another theory about Nutty's obnoxious attitude.   -   This whole pregnancy is probably not playing out as she was envisioning.   The world was supposed to revolve around her for 9 months.   How are you feeling, Meghan?   You look so beautiful, Meghan!    You're glowing.   Here, take my seat.   What can I get for you?   Do you need a back massage?  Baby shower?!?!   We're giving you a baby shower for the ages!!!     --   None of this can happen now.   She's stuck in her apartment, her black roots growing out, getting bigger by the day, with no-one to acknowledge her delicate, oh-so-special condition except that horrid excuse of a husband.   Oh yeah, she's pissed.   This is not going well At.All.

• LOL 14
  • Love 10

The rules of the Payroll Protection Program require that "the bulk of the funds received must go toward payroll, salaries must remain intact and employee head count must not decrease. Businesses have until June 30 to rehire laid-off or furloughed workers."

She doesn't know what to do with the money she wasn't entitled to receive? Bless her heart.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan doesn't seem to watch anything that isn't a reality show.  

😳 I only watch reality TV! American idol, big brother, survivor, mafs, drag race, just to name a few. I've never been drawn to Housewives, Bachelor, or Dancing, so that says something, right? 😜

Meghan seems to only eat Cheetos.

I love Cheetos! 

Might be time for some self-reflection.

3 hours ago, Jeanius said:

"So, Meghan, how did you spend Mother's Day? Thoughts about soon becoming a mother? How about your own mother?"

I could not believe that! Not even a, "well, we had a nice phone call." Or "I sent my her a beautiful flower arrangement. "

Geez!

Meghan: I I am irrationally enraged by them. 

I love this and will be using from now on. I am irrationally enraged by quite a few things.

Edited by Blissfool
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, suomi said:

She doesn't know what to do with the money she wasn't entitled to receive? Bless her heart.

If this ends up being true, she may end up being sorry she made such a spectacle of herself.

• Love 11

To me she is compensated for the lack of payment from the rental chairs. The other stylists don't owe her money because they weren't using her chair or salon.

• Love 4