Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/11/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Would it kill her to smile when Whoopi was talking about her daughter?   Honestly, it must suck to be her, boohoo, I watched the RHOA!  Of course she is carrying “The Chosen One”.

And I noticed that Meghan failed to answer the question regarding her mother. I wonder if Meg’s mom has told her to stop talking about her on the show. 

• Love 3

They did say on CNN just now that if the small business owners don't follow the instructions to the T, that the loans might have to be paid back.  So since there is some confusion about whether her employees are "actual" employees, I might have a little trepidation myself.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, suomi said:

That part sounds like she didn't like the idea of her employees making money unless they were paying her booth rental to do it. As to safety, who's to say that a one-on-one environment is less safe than a six-on-six environment? (Guessing as to how many stylists work in the salon at once).

I think her reasoning is hinky.

Also, are these really her "employees" if they pay her for space? Shouldn't she know that???

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, OnTime said:

I didn't follow the Dallas salon owner story much in the news before she was on The View today.

<snip>

Why is she so entitled? Again, I didn't follow the story closely.

I, too, had the same reaction to her. Why should she be above the rules, while every other small business stays closed? If they all decide to follow her logic, then every hairdresser, barber, local gym, local restaurant, etc, deserves to open their doors, too.

2 hours ago, Tammee said:

Ok I'll have a go @OnTime 🙃

the owner said reason #1 was her kids, and that she had to feed them. 

Reason #2 was her 'employees'. BUT she didnt know if she could call them employees because she doesnt give them a paycheck, they in fact pay her for the spot. Lol just like a mortgage.  Anyway they were getting desperate with no income and were going to start home jobs for some $$.  The owner said no that is unsafe and that she would open it up. 

Reason #3 she was having problems trying to get any of the loans and she didnt know whats up with them.  Now she did have $18k deposited into her bank two days before the View appearance.  She explained this saying she didnt know who it was from and what it is for.  She didnt know if was for the 'employees' or her for expenses. She wanted to research it further. And all this is why she opened up.

P.s.  she also threw her neighbor shopowner under the bus saying they were deemed essential this whole time and yet she cant.  I guess thats reason #4. I forget what kind of place she said is was, but i believe in the service industry. Spa or massage maybe?  Dont remember.  And now this is why she opened back up.

I don't like this entitled lady. It also sounded to me like she was trying to get out of paying her hairdressers any money.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

They did say on CNN just now that if the small business owners don't follow the instructions to the T, that the loans might have to be paid back.

Shouldn't any loan have to be paid back?  Do you mean, if they don't follow the instructions they have to "give" it back?

If it is money they don't have to pay back, is not a loan.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Speaking of Oprah's crap - if you're one of the 30M Americans out of work, be happy you can potentially do 'zoom interviews' wearing Oprah's favorite slimming tee shirt, with Oprah's favorite hair products, styled with Oprah's favorite curling iron. And next to you, have Oprah's favorite purse strategically placed to impress your interviewer. Don't worry that you have no money to pay rent or your car loan, since this garbage will cost you a few weeks' unemployment benefits ...you'll look like a million dollars applying for that Walmart job on-line (since they're the only ones hiring right now).

Maybe that’s what the salon owner should do with her $18k, since she doesn’t know what else to do with it. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, lusinia said:

It's really too bad that even Sunny doesn't always do a lot of research.  Ivanka's assistant has been working from home for about two months.  So she's not part of this hotspot. 

Today Meghan decided to name Chris Cuomo instead of obliquely referring to him like she did last week.  I wondered what exactly happened, so I looked it up, and this incident happened a month ago, on Easter, a little over two weeks after Cuomo was first diagnosed, when he and his immediate family were outdoors on their own property (not NYC) and a man on a bicycle (not a neighbor) noticed him, stopped, 100 feet away, the man said, and confronted him about why he wasn't social distancing, saying, "Your brother is the coronavirus czar.  Why aren't you following his rules"? 

Chris did exchange words with him at this point, but of course the bicyclist says Cuomo "attacked" him.  Never mind that if he hadn't started it, it never would have happened.  The sites that covered this were all, except for Inside Edition, conservative media, and, par for the course, the biker appeared on Tucker Carlson's Fox News show.  

Meghan needs "professional clothing"?  Everybody else on the show looks just the same or better, wardrobe-wise. 

Whoopie made the most ill-advised segue ever.

Do you think Meghan sits there when someone's telling a light-hearted story and tells herself, "I will not smile, I will not smile, I will not smile"?   

I can’t believe she brought this up when Cuomo was on his own property, and she had to imply Governor Cuomo was somehow guilty by association.  I have a longish driveway, and I headed out to collect an empty recycling bin and my mail. Halfway up I see a woman walking her dog coming down the long sidewalk in front of my house. I kept going, doing my own thing, on my property. As she passed she bit out a “Hi!”, accompanied by a bit of death glare. That set me off but I said nothing. This person could have slowed down - it took me ten seconds - she could have crossed the street, she could have turned around. What a jerk. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

18 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Do you mean, if they don't follow the instructions they have to "give" it back?

Yep, that's what I mean.  Sorry, I wasn't more explicit...

Got ya! Just wanted to make sure this lady wasn't getting $18k for free. I still don't see why she thinks she is only person that needs to feed her kids!

I'm glad Sunny called her out on the $18k.

• Love 8

Dog groomer.  She kind of had a point with that one. 

I think there's a mental image of a dog groomer as a person who creates the topiary effects on poodles for dog shows, and that's hardly a critical service in these times, but a lot of pet grooming is for the health of the animal, such as nail trimming so they don't grow inward and injure the paw pads. Also, I think Texas is in the above-average temperature range now, so dogs with overgrown coats would likely suffer. I don't myself have a dog, so I don't have a "dog in that hunt."

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I view her hairdressers as "renters" ... they pay her for the use of her salon & a chair (out of their earnings).  I think the 18K is to compensate her for the loss of income!!!

From my understanding it’s doesn’t replace lost income..it’s really for employees and rent, etc.  so at least she’s smart enough to not spend it yet...but she had to apply for it so agree with others who’ve said then she should know what it’s for!  And she broke the law so why does she get any money at all. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I can’t believe she brought this up when Cuomo was on his own property, and she had to imply Governor Cuomo was somehow guilty by association.  I have a longish driveway, and I headed out to collect an empty recycling bin and my mail. Halfway up I see a woman walking her dog coming down the long sidewalk in front of my house. I kept going, doing my own thing, on my property. As she passed she bit out a “Hi!”, accompanied by a bit of death glare. That set me off but I said nothing. This person could have slowed down - it took me ten seconds - she could have crossed the street, she could have turned around. What a jerk. 

Wait. You were in your driveway and someone walking by glared at you?  In my neighborhood we have a lot of people out walking every day and when we pass on opposite sides of the street or see someone working in the yard ~everyone~ offers a pleasant hello. We might even stop to chat at an acceptable distance. That’s why I didn’t get what Meg was saying. It’s not healthy physically or emotionally to be shut up in your house. There is no reason for doing so if you stay at a distance. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Jeanius said:

Meghan: I watched the Real HoWives Atlanta Reunion.

The fact that Mags likes this show should come as no surprise. It figures that she would watch a show that does nothing but showcase women behaving horribly. These women are so stereotypical of rude, arrogant spoiled, rich bitches and I'm sure that they are encouraged to fully embrace the absolute worst parts of human behavior possible and ratchet up the nastiness. I can just see Mags - sitting there with her tub of Cheetos - taking it all in and maybe even writing down a few pointers that she can try out on the show. 

She's an insufferable bitch and will only get more so as her pregnancy progresses. Wonder if Whoopi will feel she made a good choice by hiring this nightmare?

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wait. You were in your driveway and someone walking by glared at you?  In my neighborhood we have a lot of people out walking every day and when we pass on opposite sides of the street or see someone working in the yard ~everyone~ offers a pleasant hello. We might even stop to chat at an acceptable distance. That’s why I didn’t get what Meg was saying. It’s not healthy physically or emotionally to be shut up in your house. There is no reason for doing so if you stay at a distance. 

Yep. I gave her a smile and that was her response. I know she was pissed that I dared come that close to her, even though I was at the end of my driveway before her.  It was so petty and silly. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

So, now we know what the problem is with Meghan right now, as she stated she doesn't ever leave her apartment (excepting, I'm assuming doctor's appointments) - what was her problem before the Coronavirus??  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I view her hairdressers as "renters" ... they pay her for the use of her salon & a chair (out of their earnings).  I think the 18K is to compensate her for the loss of income!!!

I get what you're saying. It just depends what she said on her application....she needs the govt money to "pay employees" or "pay herself."  ??

I have no knowledge about small business or these govt aids that are being distributed, but the $18k would cover what period of time?

7 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

sitting there with her tub of Cheetos -

I feel attacked.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, rcc said:

To me she is compensated for the lack of payment from the rental chairs. The other stylists don't owe her money because they weren't using her chair or salon.

If that's the case, that's a different loan altogether - one which covers 'loss of business income'  which is also available. Yet it sounded to me like she applied for the Payroll Protection Program, and now that she has it - she realizes (legally)  she doesn't have a payroll. Again, if she did that intentionally - that's fraud. It will be hard to prove she didn't do it intentionally (using "I didn't know what I was applying for" or "I didn't read the small print"  are not valid excuses).  

Going on the show today was probably the very worst mistake she could have ever made at this time. I think she inadvertently dug her grave. She can thank Sunny for handing her the shovel. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Sounds like the entitled woman applied for several different types of loans.  One may have been payroll protection (for herself? since the stylists aren't her employees), there may be others for mortgage and property taxes (or rent), utilities, etc. And she isn't sure which loan came through.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Cyranetta said:

I think there's a mental image of a dog groomer as a person who creates the topiary effects on poodles for dog shows, and that's hardly a critical service in these times, but a lot of pet grooming is for the health of the animal, such as nail trimming so they don't grow inward and injure the paw pads. Also, I think Texas is in the above-average temperature range now, so dogs with overgrown coats would likely suffer. I don't myself have a dog, so I don't have a "dog in that hunt."

I took my dog to the groomers last month and honestly, it's a very low risk interaction.  My groomers had a sign on the door that said only one patron in the lobby at a time so when I walked in, no one else was there, the woman who took my dog had gloves and a mask on and when I went to pick him up a few hours later, it was the same.  So way less human interaction then you'd have at a grocery store.  I'm guessing other dog groomers are assuming similar policies and not doing walk-ins right now, so you're only briefly interacting with one or two people tops.  

• Love 8

Money doesn’t just appear in your account.  The hair lady is full of crap.  She had many warnings and ripped up a order. I also did not like her answer about first responders.  She made me cranky.

I think Megan wears those big glasses to hide her eyes.  She looks like she has been crying.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

I took my dog to the groomers last month and honestly, it's a very low risk interaction.  My groomers had a sign on the door that said only one patron in the lobby at a time so when I walked in, no one else was there, the woman who took my dog had gloves and a mask on and when I went to pick him up a few hours later, it was the same.  So way less human interaction then you'd have at a grocery store.  I'm guessing other dog groomers are assuming similar policies and not doing walk-ins right now, so you're only briefly interacting with one or two people tops.  

I have three little shi-tzus. My regular groomer has been open / closed sporadically for the past 6 months due to illness, flood, and now the pandemic (she's been closed since mid-March). This forced me to find another groomer for my little guys and I found one right in my neighborhood which opened last fall. The new groomer got raves by people in the neighborhood on her Facebook page, so I figured I give her a try with one of them about a month ago. (She's usually open 6 days a week, but now cut it back to three: Thurs-Sat, appointment only).

She came out to the parking lot to meet me with a mask and gloves, and carried him into the salon (the only requirement, as a new client, was I needed to bring in all his up-to-date records from the vet, which I had no problem with doing).  When I picked him up a few hours later, she carried him out (and previously asked for a check, since she didn't want to handle cash or credit cards). What a beautiful job she did - so the next two Fridays I made appointments for my other two dogs. She gave better haircuts than the previous groomer ! She got herself a new client from the pandemic.

I have to say its not clear in my state (RI) about dog groomers - some are open limited hours like the one I found (all with the similar procedure) and some have remained closed (like my previous groomer). There has been no 'set rules' regarding them. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

What a beautiful job she did - so the next two Fridays I made appointments for my other two dogs. She gave better haircuts than the previous groomer !

I thought you were gonna say ....than the salon lady from Dallas.

I swear that lady owes me rent from all the space she's been taking up in brain today!

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I hope the authorities seize her GoFundMe account and order all money paid back to donors.

In addition to the Governor ordering her early release from jail the Lt. Governor personally paid her $7000 fine and loudly and proudly announced doing so. Sorta makes you wonder if she is bullet-proof and will not face any consequences, for anything. 

Sunny seemed to have her number didn't she? Making sure to ask about the PPP money.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 8

2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

apparently the bulk of that money should be for employee salaries.

loan.PNG

500000.PNG

This makes me sick. 

She breaks the law to open her "hair salon" while other hair salons remain closed. She is last person I would call "an American hero."

• Love 18
(edited)
8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

If I was one of the stylists who rented a station from her and she didn't give them part of the $18,000 I would be pissed. 

It doesn't work that way, though  If the stylists rent a chair from her, then they are not employees, and they can apply for a small business loan themselves, being independent contractors.  Employees are only those you fill out W-2 forms for.  An independent contractor doesn't get taxes deducted from their paycheck -  they are form 1099 contractors, and can apply for loans themselves as they are self-employed. 

As far as her loan goes -  it's the small business loan, and if she got it, that means she APPLIED for it, and checked all the boxes, and filled in the numbers, and checked that she read the fine print.   So, saying she didn't know what the money was for - yes she did!   in order for the loan to be not paid back, she has to use 75% for payroll - which could be just her own salary, and the rest on rent and utilities.  

In response to another post -  yes, it's a loan, but if you prove that you spent it on the appropriate things, it can be forgiven.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 11
(edited)
8 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

n her salon - they should have applied for loans to pay their landlord rent! ). If this is true, and she applied for a loan for employee wages - she's committed fraud against the government - and that's a federal felony since it involves $18K. I do hope someone from the government looks into this more closely, and finds out if fraud was committed by her.

Actually -  she would be covered as a sole proprietor, she can use the money to pay herself, as her own employee.   WHatever profit she made in 2019, divided by 12, then multiplied by 2.5, is HER salary, that is covered by the loan.  As long as she didn't list other people as employees, only herself, it's not fraud. 

That said, I do not agree with this lady at all.  she said she was opening her hair salon and staying within CDC guidelines.   SO -  wearing masks over your nose and mouth and staying 6 feet away from people?  While doing their hair? 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, njbchlover said:

So, now we know what the problem is with Meghan right now, as she stated she doesn't ever leave her apartment (excepting, I'm assuming doctor's appointments) - what was her problem before the Coronavirus??  

She's was just a plain old bitch.  Now she's a corona bitch.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
(edited)

OK - Meghan pissed me off by saying she was upset that they're not allowed to go to CHURCH, but allowed to fly on planes.  What an idiot.  the airplane photo was posted by a doctor who flew on United after United sent emails saying they cared about customers, and detailed all the precautions they would take-  including leaving the middle seats in each row EMPTY so people could practice social distancing.  The point of the story was that United didn't follow what they said they would, filled every seat,  thereby putting passengers at risk.  Meghan misinterprets it as "can't go to church, can't visit friends, but maybe we can all fly on an airplane!"   SHUT UP MEGHAN!

Ok - watching now - whoopi asked Meghan "did you do anything for yourself on mothers day, and for your mom?"  Meghan's answer  was so terse, and she was definitely holding back some emotion.   I would  think the question would be "did your husband do anything for you, being that this is your first Mother's Day, or mother-to-be day?"  but whoopi asked if she did anything for herself.  It gives me the feeling that Meghan and Ben had a fight about this, or at least Meghan was pissed. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
(edited)
12 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Yet it sounded to me like she applied for the Payroll Protection Program, and now that she has it - she realizes (legally)  she doesn't have a payroll.

Surely people who applied for this had to show payroll data, like withholding statement?  I don't see how she could have applied for, let alone received funds without proving she has a payroll?  I suppose if she has a receptionist this person would be an employee.

Ok, ya'll explained well why a dog groomer would be different from a hair salon.  Makes sense.  (I have a cat, what do I know?)

Meg's Mother's Day tweet was sure full of sentiment, wasn't it?  Gushing with love for her mom, so sweet.  (Once again it's all about Meghan.)

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Actually -  she would be covered as a sole proprietor, she can use the money to pay herself, as her own employee.   WHatever profit she made in 2019, divided by 12, then multiplied by 2.5, is HER salary, that is covered by the loan.  As long as she didn't list other people as employees, only herself, it's not fraud. 

I'd like to know if she showed a profit in 2019, as a small business owner - most savvy small business owners don't. It depends how good your CPA is (and I learned that within my first few years of business). 

By showing a profit, you end up owing more in state and federal taxes each year. Yes, in reality your  business is profitable - however, when doing taxes your accountant finds everything you can legally claim to show it 'didn't turn a profit' to the government . That is why many smart small business owners always show a 'rolling loss' every year in business - a small enough loss to keep the business going, but one which keeps your tax liabilities down.  It's a loophole most owners know how to take (I should point out - many big business owners, too). 

There's something about her, though, that just doesn't sit right with me. I don't think she's savvy - I think she's shady. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, OnTime said:

Also, are these really her "employees" if they pay her for space? Shouldn't she know that???

No, they are not. They are individual self-employed people who share her salon and pay rent to her as 'a landlord'.  Each of them qualify for their own help from the government. 

The more I think of this, the more I believe she knew exactly what she was doing and Sunny caught her by surprise. So on television, she's feigning ignorance because she didn't have an answer prepared. 

• Love 7
(edited)
19 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Did Ben give her flowers?  Did they go for a walk?  Did they have any kind of special takeout meal or did Ben cook for her?  Did she Skype or Zoom or Facetime with her Mom or Grandmother or any other family members?  Anything that she could have added to the conversation??  

It seems odd that she did not even acknowledge her Mom or Grandmother, when she always used to talk about her family.  She hasn't mentioned them at all recently - aside from the show and social media, it is as if she has distanced/isolated herself from the world, or they are not communicating or speaking or something.  

This has been an ongoing Meghan issue. She's just so . . . limited as a conversationalist. Whenever the Funny Things Kids Do convos come up, she can't contribute by talking about something goofy she did as a kid or stories about her siblings or from babysitting. No. Meghan doesn't have kids, so she can't possibly contribute. So now that we're talking Mother's Day,  all she can think is, "I'm not a mother yet." She can't turn the conversation to her mother and grandmother because she lacks the conversational imagination.

Shallow Note: Sunny looks better with her darker hair and less-Botoxed face. Her face looks really pretty today imo.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 10
(edited)

1 hour ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

The more I think of this, the more I believe she knew exactly what she was doing and Sunny caught her by surprise. So on television, she's feigning ignorance because she didn't have an answer prepared. 

Exactly, she knew. Sunny exposed her!!! But I wished they would have asked about her Go Fund Me account.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-salon-owner-admits-view-171044053.html

I'm sure she also got unemployment benefits.... Her kids haven't missed a meal.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 6
(edited)

Huh. I’m surprised this is on. NBC preempted for the Fauci hearing.

I wonder if Meg is having difficulty with her pregnancy. Maybe that’s why she’s so sour lately.

Yay!  Ana!

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7
(edited)

There are a lot of things I wanna say about Mitch McConnell that aren’t classy, but I won’t. All I’ll say is shut ya dumb ass up Mitch McConnell and amen Joy. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20
(edited)

Now this is a show with four strong, powerful, intelligent women (which Meghan always claims to be, but isn't)  (If only Whoopie could somehow get the hang of this moderating thing.)

Joy is in a fightin' mood today.

I just can't believe Sunny is still surprised by anything Republicans do.

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
39 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Huh. I’m surprised this is on. NBC preempted for the Fauci hearing.

I wonder if Meg is having difficulty with her pregnancy. Maybe that’s why she’s so sour lately.

Yay!  Ana!

Lately?😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)

So after Sen. Duckworth talks about how she is focused on getting Joe Biden elected, Sunny brings up Tara Reade's call for Biden to withdraw from the race, and asks Duckworth if she agrees, which, at that point, was a dumb question to ask.

Joy really is pissed about something.  She's not smiling at all during the Magic Johnson segment.  Neither she or Sunny asked him a question, either.  Why they were even included.  Then, in an attempt to smile, at the close of the show, Joy slightly lifted one corner of her mouth.  I wonder what happened.  Show-related or bad day?   

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I, too, had the same reaction to her. Why should she be above the rules, while every other small business stays closed? If they all decide to follow her logic, then every hairdresser, barber, local gym, local restaurant, etc, deserves to open their doors, too.

I don't like this entitled lady. It also sounded to me like she was trying to get out of paying her hairdressers any money.

Hi didn’t like her either. The hairstylist I’ve had in last 20 years pay rent for their space.  Current stylist x 4 years just works 2 days a week her choice. Same with previous stylist. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

'd like to know if she showed a profit in 2019, as a small business owner - most savvy small business owners don't. It depends how good your CPA is (and I learned that within my first few years of business). 

By showing a profit, you end up owing more in state and federal taxes each year. Yes, in reality your  business is profitable - however, when doing taxes your accountant finds everything you can legally claim to show it 'didn't turn a profit' to the government . That is why many smart small business owners always show a 'rolling loss' every year in business - a small enough loss to keep the business going, but one which keeps your tax liabilities down.  It's a loophole most owners know how to take (I should point out - many big business owners, too). 

I guess I need a better accountant.  I am a sole proprietor of my own business and I always show a profit and have to pay taxes.  

• Love 4