Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/11/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Governor Whitmer's face and the incredibly looong time we waited to see if she was death staring Megs or her feed had frozen. It was the best thing I have ever seen on this show. 

I was like, "Oh, maaann....now she's maaaddd!"

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan was just saying) (I think) that all the problems of the last 10 years have been hardest on the millennials.  The reason why she thinks this is, I'm sure, because she herself is a millennial.  And nothing is important unless it's about her, you know.  Never mind that whatever she was thinking of undoubtedly affected everybody.

Has Meghan looked at Gen X aka the Sandwich generation?   We are looking after our elderly parents, a lot of our adult kids have come home and we are sometimes raising our grandkids. All the while working a full time job.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Haleth said:
  4 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

She can't go shooting, she can't drink, she's trapped 24/7 with Ben and she has no live audience to play to. She's DEFINITELY miserable. 

I also think she is starving for attention since she is pregnant. Since we can't see her from the neck down, it isn't a "daily hot topic". 

Of course, the first thing everyone in Calif with the extended stay at home does is call Meghan. Really? 

10 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan was just saying) (I think) that all the problems of the last 10 years have been hardest on the millennials.

And just what are these "problems of the last 10 years"? What is on the list?

• Love 17
(edited)

I was over the moon to see Ana the other day. I wonder if the show is deliberately keeping her and Megan away from each other.  

Megan is just angry sullen irritable nasty humorless parroting talking points since she does not have her own opinions and she is also butchering the English language.  Nothing has changed, it is just Megan is being Megan, the only difference is that she is pregnant and stuck at home.. I get the impression that pregnancy is not yielding the results she was expecting. 

It really hurt my heart to see Joy so angry the other day. I was taken aback by her and she usually tempers her outrage with humor to lighten the tension. She was just a ball of rage. I get it and I will not blast her for that. She is human and scared.  She reflected what I have been feeling for the past 3 years.. Joy has seen it all and has seen the country's darkest moments and it has to hurt her to see all of the progress is being destroyed.. 

Whoopie is so thin-skinned and I get tired of her scolding us , did she really have to address people talking about her flannel shirt, come on...and her damn lectures just pisses me off.. Shut up Whoopie, just roll with it.. If you really did not care about your critics, you would not acknowledge them.. 

Sunny has been consistently awesome and I know that she has fallen out favor with some folks on here but I love her, flaws and all..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 20
(edited)
26 minutes ago, OnTime said:

And just what are these "problems of the last 10 years"? What is on the list?

I would not hazard a guess as to what Meghan was referring to.  I'm sure she expects everyone else to know exactly what she's talking about, and that they all agree with her. 

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, OnTime said:

What was Meghan blathering on about "millennials have been screwed over and over for the past ten years" or something like that?

I just don't have the energy to watch it again. Did anyone remember what she said?

24 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan was just saying) (I think) that all the problems of the last 10 years have been hardest on the millennials.  The reason why she thinks this is, I'm sure, because she herself is a millennial.  And nothing is important unless it's about her, you know.  Never mind that whatever she was thinking of undoubtedly affected everybody.

e63edc4e2e90348c622d37b462375b4e3a3645fa8e2987f93bf6c630ffd659fb.jpg.130c3d5a1370a31e6138786945b556d6.jpg

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, OnTime said:

What was Meghan blathering on about "millennials have been screwed over and over for the past ten years" or something like that?

I just don't have the energy to watch it again. Did anyone remember what she said?

She gave no details..... because there aren't  any. 

oh wait,  their  WiFi isn't fast enough. 

Oh, the humanity!

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I was like, "Oh, maaann....now she's maaaddd!"

I know! Also-whose feed freezes like that? Every time I see these freezes people look weird. Whitmer was just there with her beautiful death stare and Disney princess face. She truly is stunning.

• LOL 8
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I know! Also-whose feed freezes like that? Every time I see these freezes people look weird. Whitmer was just there with her beautiful death stare and Disney princess face. She truly is stunning.

I was expecting MeAgain's gotcha question to Whitmer to be:  Are you having your hair coloured by a professional?  Because I don't see any roots.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Tosia said:

She gave no details..... because there aren't  any. 

oh wait,  their  WiFi isn't fast enough. 

Oh, the humanity!

I googled and I’m guessing it could be some of the things below but, as sunny pointed out, other groups have gotten screwed different ways the past several years and definitely POC for almost everything for way longer than the past 10 years.  maybe for millennials it’s things like  large school loans, less able  to buy a house, and then who knows.  Note that none of these affect MM as a millennial and I have difficulty believing she really cares about other millennials.  

On another note, does sunnys hair look weird today?  She should go to her original color and stop the extensions.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

This is EXACTLY what I've been saying since Monday. She doesn't qualify for the program, because she has zero employees. She is a lessors - not an employer. 

It would be the same as the person who owns the property she rents her storefront from. as well as the other store-fronts. Those are his tenants - not his employees. He can't collect money from Payroll Protection if they are not paying their rents. 

Exactly!  She also started a Go Fund Me Account .  She raised $500k- that’s half a million dollars!  You think she’ll be giving all her renters a share?  

• Love 5

I haven't watched the episode yet, but Meghan may not be wrong about how millennials are suffering because of the pandemic. An article came out about a month ago in The Atlantic that called millennials the new Lost Generation. We've been disproportionately hit by the economic effects of the pandemic and will likely be the first generation in modern American history to end up poorer than our parents.

• Love 5

I was glad that Sara shot down some of what MM said about Fauci’s early statements...that much of what he said could happen (emphasis on could) has been mitigated by the actions of various states (accent on states)...the reason why fewer ventilators were needed, that the number of deaths isn’t higher, etc.  so thank you Sara for clarifying and pushing back on MMS “misstatements”.  

• Love 17
24 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I haven't watched the episode yet, but Meghan may not be wrong about how millennials are suffering because of the pandemic.

Meghan was complaining about the last ten year of problems for millennials but she didn't list one thing. Maybe the latest iPhone was missing a feature....

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

lol

She looked like a robot that was about to explode.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I haven't watched the episode yet, but Meghan may not be wrong about how millennials are suffering because of the pandemic. An article came out about a month ago in The Atlantic that called millennials the new Lost Generation. We've been disproportionately hit by the economic effects of the pandemic and will likely be the first generation in modern American history to end up poorer than our parents.

POC have been suffering for centuries.  Meghan can miss me with her “poor widdle me” attitude.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I was expecting MeAgain's gotcha question to Whitmer to be:  Are you having your hair coloured by a professional?  Because I don't see any roots.

You k  no ow it was killing Meghan that Gretchen looked so awesome!   Haters here in Michigan are constantly accusing her of hitting the salon - I say she’s just a beauty- get over it!

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

You k  no ow it was killing Meghan that Gretchen looked so awesome!   Haters here in Michigan are constantly accusing her of hitting the salon - I say she’s just a beauty- get over it!

I am so surprised at the shaming of people who are colouring their hair.  Anyone can buy a box of colour at the pharmacy.  Problem solved.  I assume that is what Whitmer is doing since her hair is so one-tone.

People can also do their own manicures and pedicures.  Some of us did that for decades!

dog hair GIF

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

On another note, does sunnys hair look weird today?  She should go to her original color and stop the extensions.  

I've been saying this since last week. Her natural, dark, frizzy hair is overtaking her head (you can see in her forehead and the side of her head) and these extensions look like rodent tails now. They are obviously not giving her the 'look'  she is hoping for these days. She looks terrible. It's time she asked her daughter and son to yank those out of her head, and go natural. I'm sure she's just as attractive with her real head of hair as she is with those fake blonde extensions which are now hanging on for dear life. 

As for the rest of the show - I'm glad Sara joined the Shiva. Her discussion about how she's one of the sufferers of depression and anxiety, and overcoming her struggles to get through some days really managed to lighten the mood up. 

Did anyone else notice after Meghan's long-winded tangent about how she agreed with Rand Paul, the only response she got was a disinterested Whoopi who looked perplexed and answered 'Riiiiight' and then cut away to Sarah about something else ? Meghan talked non-stop for two minutes (never caught her breath) like those annoying telemarketers who read their script to you as soon as you answer "Hello?"  And no one cared about what she said. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

I'm not saying that millennials aren't suffering now, or haven't suffered in the last ten years.  Not at all.  

Here's what Meghan said, which was quoted in a Daily Beast article they posted earlier today -

“Especially as a millennial, we have just been royally screwed over and over and over again for the past 10 years,” she said. “And it seems like every time we’re getting on our feet in one way or another, there’s just another catastrophe, and it’s very disheartening.”

Meghan so often seems to find it necessary to frame certain things as if her experience is the worst experience.  Here she's including herself in the generation she's a part of.  It's also how she talks about the type of cancer her father had, and how his death is somehow more devastating to her than what other people experience emotionally when a loved one dies. 

She just can't seem to see beyond her personal bubble and realize that these kinds of life experiences are difficult for everyone.  Or maybe she does realize this, and chooses to ignore it in order to make her own suffering seem that much greater. 

• Love 17

Meg and Sunny can make an appointment with the lady in Texas.

In all seriousness, is there any plan in place to reopen salons in NY/NJ?  They’re open here in IN but I’ll pass for now.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I watched the first half hour even though Joy wasn't there because it was nice to see Sara again. I like this new Sara, she's got backbone without ever being hateful or raising her voice. You can tell McCain hates her (but who doesn't she hate, really?). Sara made her comments about Fauci not being a political figure like Rand Paul right after McCain tried to attack and discredit him, and you could see via camera that McCain was huffing and puffing.

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I watched the first half hour even though Joy wasn't there because it was nice to see Sara again. I like this new Sara, she's got backbone without ever being hateful or raising her voice. You can tell McCain hates her (but who doesn't she hate, really?). Sara made her comments about Fauci not being a political figure like Rand Paul right after McCain tried to attack and discredit him, and you could see via camera that McCain was huffing and puffing.

Sara is genuinely liked by people.  Meghan is not.  I'm sure that bothers her so much. 

And Meghan is now back to being her team's most vocal cheerleader. Her agreeing with Rand Paul was typical of Meghan.   If Joy had been there I'm sure she would have had something to say about that. 

• Love 16

Meg is only back on Team Trump because she’s bored. Never mind all the screeching a couple weeks ago about people staying home to flatten the curve, (how dare those selfish people walk in the park!) she needs to cover her roots and buy a car seat, dammit!

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
(edited)

MeAgain is annoying with her sudden flip-flop re Covid-19 and the need to get everything opened up again.  Thankfully posters here have corrected her inaccurate representations about Michigan.  But she has a big platform and as she continues to repeat this message, I think she is adding to the problem in a big way.  And how can she go from being terrified to go out of her apt. and shaming anyone she thinks was not socially distancing to mocking Fauci and the various Governors?  Today she retweeted about California beach closure measures and it was just an uninformed, ignorant statement. 

Things are going a little crazy state-side and people like MeAgain are not helping.  Didn't she imply that she no longer trusts Fauci because originally they predicted 2 million deaths, and they were wrong?  And Sarah pointed out that the deaths were fewer because of the measures in place.  But certain people will grab onto her dumb comment and now disregard Fauci altogether.  It's fascinating too watch, but also sad and scary.

I wish someone would ask her if she thinks Governors enjoy having to keep things shut and people unemployed.  They are doing their due diligence and she sits back in her expensive NYC apt, earning a big salary, and mocks and attacks them.  Doesn't she have family members who can point out how stupid she is?

stupid niecy nash GIF

Edited by bannana
grammar
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, suomi said:

re the salon wench, business owners have to use at least 75% of the money to keep 100% of their pre-pandemic staff. Any who were furloughed or laid off have to be brought back or replaced by June 30. 

Borrowers can receive two and a half times their average monthly payroll costs incurred 12 months before the date the loan is made.

For example, if your monthly average payroll in the last 12 months is $10,000, you may borrow up to $25,000. (She borrowed $18,000). 

More at link but none of it pertains to her because there's no way she is underwater for vacation, parental, family, medical and sick leave; group health care coverage; retirement benefits and payment of state and local taxes assessed on employees’ compensation.

Her stylists pay her, she doesn't pay them. They are not employees, they are tenants. She is a straight-up crook. I think Sunny will keep an eye on her situation and gladly keep us updated. 

https://smartasset.com/financial-advisor/paycheck-protection-program-ppp-loans

OK, I explained this before -   I am in the same situation  (not ripping off the government, but qualifying for the PPP loan. ) The loan can also be given to sole proprietors - someone who runs their own business, with no employees.   The way it is processed is that you are the sole employee of the company which you own.   SO - whatever you profited last year, is your salary.  THe loan amount you qualify for is 2.5 times the monthly salary.   $18,000 means she considers $7,000  + to be her monthly salary.  75% of the loan is spent paying herself, and 25% pays rent/utilities.  

She is a small business owner, and the 18K loan seems about right to tide her over for 2 months. If she had actual employees, the loan would have been bigger. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Meghan doesn't listen to others, as noted. So no surprise she doesn't hear herself. Her performance on this show is a lame attempt at self-aggrandizement, she shows herself to be a frustrated, no-intellect pontificator and an empty shell of a sad sack victim wannabe. And she's paid by someone other than the ignorance-inducing, propaganda-spewing Fox. Somewhere, her dad, the one who turned thumbs down on allowing health care to be stolen from millions of Americans, and was attacked by Donald Trump, is sad.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

As for the rest of the show - I'm glad Sara joined the Shiva. Her discussion about how she's one of the sufferers of depression and anxiety,

I didn't watch much of Sara. What is the Shiva?

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Meg and Sunny can make an appointment with the lady in Texas.

In all seriousness, is there any plan in place to reopen salons in NY/NJ?  They’re open here in IN but I’ll pass for now.

No plans as of today.  I'm getting desperate and may have to color my own roots, which could be a very scary situation - but, definitely not as scary as my husband's hair is starting to look, and he refuses to let me tirm it! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meg is only back on Team Trump because she’s bored. Never mind all the screeching a couple weeks ago about people staying home to flatten the curve, (how dare those selfish people walk in the park!) she needs to cover her roots and buy a car seat, dammit!

If Meghan wants a carseat so badly, she can drive her car to NJ - any store that sells baby/children products is considered essential, so they're all open.  Also, I believe that Target stores are open in NY, so she could also go there.  I know it's a scary world right now, and it seems she's really got herself deep into self-isolation/quarantine/lock-down - whatever you want to call it, but you can go out as long as you follow protocols - wearing a face covering (and gloves, if you feel the need).  

There also is the internet - Amazon has about a gazillion car seats available.

She's just being selfishly ridiculous.

When is she due again??  Maybe she's pissed because she may not get to have a million baby showers??  

• Love 16
On 5/11/2020 at 10:10 AM, 2JEWELL said:

MeMe- say that to Chris Cuomo’s face.  She’s brought this up a couple of times now and from what I’ve read about that incident she is ( as always) misrepresenting what actually happened

This reminded me to search for this story online. I hadn't heard of it and it sounded like M&M was spinning it.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

I didn't watch much of Sara. What is the Shiva?

A Jewish period of mourning ("sitting Shiva", usually for 7 days). Like the day before yesterday, MM came in looking dour and never improved. I'm sure she could tell you off the top of her head how many days she has been sitting Shiva for Daddy (~600).

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

LOL She truly is lucky she doesn't seem capable of making an ugly face. Even the most beautiful people are usually capable of looking awkward during freezes and such. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

She's pissed off.   And scared.   And perhaps feeling increasingly hopeless.  I get it.

I get it too. But the majority are already angry/depressed, so no need for her to scream about it on a daily basis. As if the news isn't bad enough, we don't need her to repeatedly pile on and on. We know how she feels...and if you have nothing new to add, move onto another topic.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, bannana said:

People can also do their own manicures and pedicures.  Some of us did that for decades!

Meghan  has been pampered her whole life. I doubt she even knows how to use a nail file.

13 hours ago, Haleth said:

13 hours ago, bannana said:

MeAgain is annoying with her sudden flip-flop re Covid-19 and the need to get everything opened up again. 

I wish someone would ask her why she has changed her mind.  It wasn't so long ago she was all in favor of stay at home orders. She herself had decided to shelter in place before being ordered to. I think she just wants to be part of the protests so she can wave a gun around.

13 hours ago, bannana said:

Doesn't she have family members who can point out how stupid she is?

Perhaps someone did and that is why we she had little to say about Mother's Day.

12 hours ago, njbchlover said:

When is she due again??  Maybe she's pissed because she may not get to have a million baby showers??  

I don't think she has said when she is due. Which is just so bizarre. Most women once they are past the three month mark love talking about when their baby is coming.  She announced she was pregnant in March so I'm assuming she was past three months by then. Which would put her due date early/mid fall?  Maybe that is why she is so unhappy. Her maternity leave will be during the final month of the 2020 campaign and election day.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't think she has said when she is due. Which is just so bizarre.

I've found this odd as well. 

And I'd really like to know, just to have some idea of when she'll be gone for a while.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

No due date...I think that's Nutmeg being her usual passive aggressive as well as private,  in order to stave off questions as the time draws nearer.

I will laugh If her baby is born near the election time ... mainly to keep her preoccupied so we don't hear more stupid BS from her.  But then Me-again will prophesize a political inclination for that child ad nauseum.

Wait. Who was I talking about? Megaphone. She will do that anyway.  Political pundintry is in her genes!

• Love 11
15 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

The way it is processed is that you are the sole employee of the company which you own.   SO - whatever you profited last year, is your salary.  THe loan amount you qualify for is 2.5 times the monthly salary.   $18,000 means she considers $7,000  + to be her monthly salary.  75% of the loan is spent paying herself, and 25% pays rent/utilities.  

She is a small business owner, and the 18K loan seems about right to tide her over for 2 months. If she had actual employees, the loan would have been bigger. 

That is IF she showed a profit last year. As I've said before, the majority of small businesses (and a great deal of big businesses) do not show a profit ever - mainly for tax reasons.

If she is really showing a profit, and a salary of $7K / month owning a small hair salon (not a chain or franchise) then she is either doing something wrong, or really defrauding the government.  If she is showing a take-home salary of $7K a month, then being closed for a few months is not hurting her at all. 

• Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

If she is showing a take-home salary of $7K a month, then being closed for a few months is not hurting her at all. 

I know of a woman who  has her own small businesses (she is a dog groomer and does some sort of fitness thing). Sole proprietor.  She was complaining about not getting her unemployment fast enough. This was less than one month after she was ordered to close. I thought to myself if  you are destitute after one month how successful were you?

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8