Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/11/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Incidentally, no Meg again today. I didn’t hear any explanation. 

And, no announcement that she wouldn't be there - Whoopi just went right into the first topic of the day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

What in the world was Sunny doing with her right arm when she asked Rahm the question about Biden's vp pick?  (It looked like she was rubbing her leg.) 

Sunny said "Democrats really need fewer white voters to win"[this time].  I get worried when people make these kind of statements, for any reason.  Let's not count those chickens yet.  

Such a relief to see Joy back to her usual self today.  It probably helped that Rahm, one of her favorite people, was a guest.

"So we want you all to have a better day than you were starting to have"??????

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I know of a woman who  has her own small businesses (she is a dog groomer and does some sort of fitness thing). Sole proprietor.  She was complaining about not getting her unemployment fast enough. This was less than one month after she was ordered to close. I thought to myself if  you are destitute after one month how successful were you?

Exactly. I don't know anyone who owns a small business who is paying their debts and is able to take home $7,000 / mo. - especially in a service industry such as hair salons and dog grooming where the number of clients you can possibly see in one day is limited. I just don't see it happening. 

One of my best friends has owned her own hair salon for the past 30 years - since she turned 25 - and she's capped at 6 clients per day. Physically, at her age, you can't do more. She is making enough to keep the lights on and make a little bit of a living. 

I myself owned a small gift boutique and never ever took home $7K a month. No one I know who owned a retail store took home $7K a month. 

I'm telling you - there's something that doesn't sit right with this woman. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, bannana said:

I am so surprised at the shaming of people who are colouring their hair.  Anyone can buy a box of colour at the pharmacy.  Problem solved.  I assume that is what Whitmer is doing since her hair is so one-tone.

People can also do their own manicures and pedicures.  Some of us did that for decades!

dog hair GIF

And some of us still do their own manicures and pedicures!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
38 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

How I wish MeAgain was there - she would have  really had her cage rattled when Rham Emanuel mentioned her father wanting to pick Joe Lieberman, but was told to pick Sara Palin who 'dragged down the ticket'.  

OMG that would have been epic. Rahm doesn't pull any punches.  He totally would have still said it if Meghan had been there.

• Love 17

That would have been epic. She would have denied it and Rahm would have spilled all the tea in the world.

Her maternity leave will be during the final month of the 2020 campaign and election day.

Best thing I've read all day.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Exactly. I don't know anyone who owns a small business who is paying their debts and is able to take home $7,000 / mo. - especially in a service industry such as hair salons and dog grooming where the number of clients you can possibly see in one day is limited. I just don't see it happening. 

Totally agree. I want to see her tax returns, how much does she earn, how much does she pay in taxes. My issue isn’t in her getting a gov. “Loan”, mine is in her saying $18k “dropped” on her bank account. She had to have filed in order to get that money.  And the Go Fund me $500k?  The hypocrisy is what gets me. If she were a woman of color, she’d be in jail. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, buttersister said:

That would have been epic. She would have denied it and Rahm would have spilled all the tea in the world.

Best thing I've read all day.

Here's how it would have played out, verbatim:

"I'm going to jump in here, with all due respect, let me correct you, Mr. Emanuel.  My father was a true American patriot and real war hero, and purposely lost to give a young black man a chance to be the first Black President because that's how nice my father was, always putting America first !  By the way Mr. Emanuel, make no mistake:  I have a permit to carry a gun while pregnant during these crisises, and I will use it if I have to during these crisises while pregnant, because I am pregnant and my husband Ben is the father and I can't go buy a carseat.  And don't tell me how fat I am because I don't really give a *BLEEP* and don't read your Tweets anyway."

Emanuel would've been still with a Disney Prince death stare, and they would take a moment to realize his video/audio feed had frozen.   Whoopi would've saved the day with "Righhhhhhhhht.  We have to go to a commercial, but Rahm is sticking around with us we hope, unless Meghan scared him off with her craziness,  so we'll be right back!" 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

The conversation is drifting from what actually happened in the episode into various speculations.   Stay on topic - further non-political spec and what ifs about Meghan can go to her topic.

The ongoing discussion about the particulars of the salon owner are also off topic as they are beyond the interview.  Further discussion should be via private message, as there is no place on Primetimer to continue that discussion.

On 5/13/2020 at 12:46 PM, bannana said:

I was expecting MeAgain's gotcha question to Whitmer to be:  Are you having your hair coloured by a professional?  Because I don't see any roots.

------------out of order i know ----------

GiveMeSpace said:

I know! Also-whose feed freezes like that? Every time I see these freezes people look weird. Whitmer was just there with her beautiful death stare and Disney princess face. She truly is stunning.

I had to chuckle when MM delivered her 'hard news' question and the video freezes.  By the time they went to comm and got the Gov on again, all had been forgotten! 

And there you have it Ladies and Gents!  Everytime she speaks just go to freeze frame hahahahahah

Yes I'm easily amused

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, lusinia said:

"So we want you all to have a better day than you were starting to have"??????

Joy and Sunny are amazing...the way they keep a straight face when Whoopi comes up with one of her Whoopi-isms.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

Meghan was talking on Twitter about the shirt she wore on the air the other day, in response to whether or not she was wearing one of Ben's, and she mentioned it was a maternity top from (some brand). So she's pregnant enough to be in maternity blouses, whatever that may indicate about how far along she is.

I looked at that shirt on that brand's website. Hatch in case anyone is interested. It's $178. For a shirt.  But she is a spokesperson for everyone that lives "in the middle of the country"? Meghan wants to act like she understands the struggles of everyone not part of the 1% but wants to  keep all the perks that come with being part of the 1%.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

Christie on how some people will have to sacrifice themselves for the sake of the economy, followed by Feel Good Friday with Oprah’s crap. 🙄

When Christie talks all I hear is “wah wah wah.”  Like Charlie Brown’s grown ups. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Christie on how some people will have to sacrifice themselves for the sake of the economy, followed by Feel Good Friday with Oprah’s crap. 🙄

Thanks for the heads up. I think I will pass. It doesn't come on here for another 45 minutes.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I looked at that shirt on that brand's website. Hatch in case anyone is interested. It's $178. For a shirt. 

I checked the website, and unless I missed it, I didn't see the top she's wearing.  There are three $178 tops that look similar (all called The Boyfriend Shirt), but they have one breast pocket, and after checking a clip on the show's twitter page, it looks like the one Meghan's wearing doesn't (there's no way the pocket would be lower on Meghan than it is on the model). Also, if you zoom in on the Hatch tops, you can tell they're crinkly (the description says they're gauze).  Either Meghan was mistaken about the brand of that shirt or she's wearing a hand-me-down of a top they no longer sell.  

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I checked the website, and unless I missed it, I didn't see the top she's wearing.  There are two $178 tops that look similar (both called The Boyfriend Shirt), but they have one breast pocket, and after checking a clip on the show's twitter page, it looks like the one Meghan's wearing doesn't (there's no way the pocket would be lower on Meghan than it is on the model). Also, if you zoom in on the Hatch tops, you can tell they're crinkly (the description says they're gauze).  Either Meghan was mistaken about the brand of that shirt or she's wearing a hand-me-down of a top they no longer sell.  

I thought it was the Boyfriend shirt.  But even if it isn't that is the price range.  I checked and there is a Hatch store in NYC. Temporarily closed of course but maybe she got the shirt there before the shut down.  So once again I have to ask just how far along is Meghan?

Edited to add: They are offering home delivery during the pandemic.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Was there any explanation about Nutty's absence?

Whoopie did say today that Meghan had the day off.  Since they taped the show yesterday, and Meghan wasn't on yesterday's show, it makes sense that she wasn't on today's show. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, lusinia said:

Whoopie did say today that Meghan had the day off.  Since they taped the show yesterday, and Meghan wasn't on yesterday's show, it makes sense that she wasn't on today's show. 

She's in Nantucket with Joe Scarborough, who also has the day off.  What?

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

To end the show with Adam Glassman and his wooden personality trying to convince viewers to buy the over-priced Oprah crap is such a waste of time.

I'd rather they get with the current times (over 30M Americans out of work right now) and replace 'View Your Deal' with 'View Your Finances' - have Suze Orman or another financial expert on, and guide viewers on how to navigate their finances in these turbulent times.  Take questions from viewers about their personal finances, and try to help them budget or smartly invest.  

We don't need over-priced  sarongs and tote bags to visit our backyards this summer. We need common financial sense.

• Love 19
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Whoopie calling out Christie for his BS was a thing of beauty. Like Whoopie said, who will you sacrifice from your family, Chris Christie?  I know, I along with millions of Americans find that type of callous cold rhetoric to be repulsive bordering on sociopathy. 

It's easy for Chris Christie and people like him to say that because they know they won't have to sacrifice. They are rich enough to stay in their homes and not have to go to work and can have whatever they want delivered. What they really mean is they want all the little people to sacrifice because they want their nice lives to continue without any sort of hardship suffered by them. Like having to do their own hair coloring.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Joy and Sunny are amazing...the way they keep a straight face when Whoopi comes up with one of her Whoopi-isms.

Well i can kind of understand it.  It was a very sad episode.  Doubled if you saw the interview with his Mom.  So she was trying to say 'cheer up buckaroo' and make it a good day not a sad one.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

It's easy for Chris Christie and people like him to say that because they know they won't have to sacrifice. They are rich enough to stay in their homes and not have to go to work and can have whatever they want delivered. What they really mean is they want all the little people to sacrifice because they want their nice lives to continue without any sort of hardship suffered by them. Like having to do their own hair coloring.

And that’s the gist of Howard Stern’s comments.  

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Whoopie calling out Christie for his BS was a thing of beauty. Like Whoopie said, who will you sacrifice from your family, Chris Christie?  I know, I along with millions of Americans find that type of callous cold rhetoric to be repulsive bordering on sociopathy. 

I am glad she called him out on this, but why do they insist on having him on time after time.... was Newt busy this week?

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
Just now, cinsays said:

I am glad she called him out on this, but why do they insist on having him on time after time.... was Newt busy this week?

Exactly, they invite these people who are sycophants who lie deflect and who will always toe the party line. It is like Bill Geddie is back and booking the guests.  

• Love 13
5 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

To end the show with Adam Glassman and his wooden personality trying to convince viewers to buy the over-priced Oprah crap is such a waste of time.

I'd rather they get with the current times (over 30M Americans out of work right now) and replace 'View Your Deal' with 'View Your Finances' - have Suze Orman or another financial expert on, and guide viewers on how to navigate their finances in these turbulent times.  Take questions from viewers about their personal finances, and try to help them budget or smartly invest.  

We don't need over-priced  sarongs and tote bags to visit our backyards this summer. We need common financial sense.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Love 5

Suzi Ormon would be an awesome segment.  In fact Im going to go out there and say she would be a fantastic permanent panel host...dot dot dot

6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

He should be careful...wouldnt he fall into the compromised immune system?  Come on in!  The pools fine lol.  I forget, he's a beach person.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Whoopi forgot herself just now and let the name "Trump" escape her lips when talking about Howard Stern.  

Loved what Howard had to say.   Truth to power.

I loved it too!  Go Howard!  I've been  a huge fan since way back in the day.  The when he went to AGT, people were all 'he's going to be so mean to the kids' yada yada.it was the total opposite.  He was so nice to the kids.  Helped ease their nerves and gave great professional guidance.  Now political Howard was never a fan of the current administration.  I can remember him right from the get go being a huge Hillary fan and not afraid to say it.  Hes been on the show a couple times and always backed up Hillary.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

I love Rahm Emanuel. His spiel on how to take advantage of the crisis and the things that could be happening during this downtime, rather than what the president is currently doing, was so refreshing to hear. Full sentences and smart ideas. How I miss them!

I also liked that he had a lot of fun with Joy, and was teasing her.

Meghan was talking on Twitter about the shirt she wore on the air the other day, in response to whether or not she was wearing one of Ben's, and she mentioned it was a maternity top from (some brand). So she's pregnant enough to be in maternity blouses, whatever that may indicate about how far along she is.

I wished Ana had been there, or Sara. Three seems too few.

3 does seem empty, but its a much better flow when its not all of them.  The other thought i had was they all need a chess timer right next to them.  When theyre done speaking, hit the timer.  Done, your time is up Joy.  She and MM both always come back with more to say after but you have to wait becz you hit the timer. DONE!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

In fact Im going to go out there and say she would be a fantastic permanent panel host...dot dot dot

But only if she can first get through to Whoopie about how both taxes and insurance work.  Otherwise, there would be too many awkward moments.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 5/11/2020 at 2:38 PM, lusinia said:

Whoopie mentioned that we lost several icons (which she used appropriately) over the weekend - Roy Horn, Little Richard, music executive Andre Harrell, singer Betty Wright, and Jerry Stiller, and then she just went right into talking about how her family celebrated her daughter's birthday (on Zoom, I think), and they had a twerking contest, and she didn't want to see her daughter twerking, so she put her mask over her eyes.  And then, oddly, she brought up the deaths again.   

I just watched monday's show, this transition was so cringe.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Tammee said:

Suzi Ormon would be an awesome segment.  In fact Im going to go out there and say she would be a fantastic permanent panel host...dot dot dot

• Suzi is one smart cookie with some good financial advice.
  • Suzi is a very needy person.
  • Suzi will soak up more camera time than she deserves.
  • More camera time than we want to watch.
  • Suzi is one smart cookie with some good financial advice.

• Whoopi seems to have an actual CREW with her...and a Teleprompter (I won't spell it correctly; it's annoying).  So...she has "help" and she's still incompetent.
  • WHY can't Joy, Sunny, Meghan, Fill-Ins have the same benefits?
  • Why can't they all (including us) go on hiatus?  Pandiamus.
  • Also, I still cringe when Sunny sucks up to Whoopi (constantly).
  • Her smile is insincere...too often.
  • AND...where are the beautiful tops (kimonos) Whoopi was wearing for the first several at-home episodes?  Did she get compliments and now she has to wear her Buffalo Plaid shirt an chastise the "complimenters"?
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2