Type keyword(s) to search

Sutton Stracke: Who Is That Snob?

• Start Topic

Ms Sutton-Who is she? Snobbish,name dropper,thinks she is all that,rude -does not belong on the show  , she is much too important to be around this group of mere housewives. Lisa Renna-stop kissing her back side and making excuses for her;

• Love 2
On 4/29/2020 at 9:50 PM, louise raboin said:

Ms Sutton-Who is she? Snobbish,name dropper,thinks she is all that,rude -does not belong on the show  , she is much too important to be around this group of mere housewives. Lisa Renna-stop kissing her back side and making excuses for her;

She certainly is different. A blend of eccentric and socially awkward. 

• Love 8

Then let me be the first to give Sutton a little love.  She's no saint but she's not boring, either.  I think some of her bad behavior may have been motivated by social anxiety, which I struggle with myself and have been known to put my foot in my mouth as a result.

It's clear why she has so many detractors but I've appreciated the entertainment value she's brought to the show in so little time.

Stay strong, Sutton!  

• Like 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Then let me be the first to give Sutton a little love.  She's no saint but she's not boring, either.  I think some of her bad behavior may have been motivated by social anxiety, which I struggle with myself and have been known to put my foot in my mouth as a result.

It's clear why she has so many detractors but I've appreciated the entertainment value she's brought to the show in so little time.

Stay strong, Sutton!  

100%. These first few episodes would not have been nearly as entertaining without her. I hope she continues to be messy — no more well-behaved Sutton, please!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Stay strong, Sutton!  

I so agree with her social anxiety. In this episode she was so worried in the car going to Teddi’s event, she wanted to do the right thing.

Her standing there flummoxed while people were boxing was so funny and such a contrast to her behavior at Kyle’s dinner party. 

Last week I just couldn’t stand her personally (tho she makes for good TV). This week I enjoyed her. Time will tell...

I said before, she said nothing wrong about her first impression of Teddi at the dinner party, she was real and was actually really complimentary of Teddi. But she preceded a bunch of lying liars who lie.

• Love 8
(edited)

Sutton's Southern upper crust upbringing might not allow her to fit in very well in Beverly Hills, but I don't see anything too unexpected or strange about her.  She doesn't seem overly delusional or anything.  "Socially awkward" I think is accurate because she is a bit of a fish out of water in BH.

I agree with Sutton that Teddi was rude.  She WAS when she said to various guests that she didn't care if they came or not.  I mean, when you invite someone to your shindig, you should be able to at least pretend you want them to come.  (I don't get all her "I must be direct" b.s.)  I saw how her hubby comforted her after her little tantrum/melt down and realized how he's got his hands full with her over-sensitivity.  And let's face it, she was this way before she was p.g.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 5/21/2020 at 2:30 PM, RealHousewife said:

I actually really like Sutton. She just seems too soft for this show. 

I really like Sutton too.  She's a different breed from the others and it mixes things up a bit which I like.  Garcelle too. 

I think Dorit, Teddy, and Erica are snooze fests. I hadn't been watching BH for a while but with the two new women, I'm tuning in from time to time.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 5/25/2020 at 4:42 PM, Jextella said:

I really like Sutton too.  She's a different breed from the others and it mixes things up a bit which I like.  Garcelle too. 

I think Dorit, Teddy, and Erica are snooze fests. I hadn't been watching BH for a while but with the two new women, I'm tuning in from time to time.

Yeah unfortunately Denise is on the outs with most of them. Garcelle has filmed the least of all the FT cast members, and then Sutton is “friend of.” Those three are the kinder ladies on the show imo, and it would be a shame if they’re the ones to be let go next.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
(edited)

Who is she anyway.....any claim to in the world of acting, singing, rich husband?  Who did she know on the show to come in as a friend? I too find her awkward or maybe she just feels out of sorts with this group of horrors or is it whores, take your pick they’re  both correct.

Edited by endure
A real mess
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, endure said:

Who is she anyway.....any claim to in the world, acting, singing, rich husband?  Who did she know on the show to come in as a friend?o  I too find her awkward or maybe she just feels out of sorts with this group of horrors or is it whores, take your pick there both correct.

The plot says that she's a friend of Rinna's. The way Rinna has treated her, I'm not so sure.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm just here because I just discovered that Sutton has three teenagers.

Obviously, they've been forbidden from filming for whatever reason ... but I did not peg Sutton as a mom.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Strange how Sutton doesn't get much traction under her own name.  It could be because of the snob label, but I haven't ever viewed Sutton as a snob anyway.  I like Sutton, I liked her last season too.  I guess it's because she's quirky in a way I find kind of interesting.  I also like her because she rolls with that body and dresses however she wants.  I find her choices interesting as well as unattractive at times, but there is a good fit for her sometimes too.  I guess couture is supposed to be ugly?  I dunno, but I appreciate she shows what she's got unapologetically and that takes confidence with all the pressure of living the life of a HW, and their standards of beauty.  I think she mostly means well, but...

there are also things that I don't like about Sutton.  She is going to have to toughen up if she wants to be part of a pack of hyenas.  They are not her friends and she is not really in their pack, the weak get left behind.  Only the strong survive, and all that.  Maybe she has what it takes, but she has to grow a pair or quit crying.  Whichever comes first.  Tears are the nectar of the gods to these "ladies" it keeps the heat off them...and I want the heat on Erika.

So, I'm pulling for Sutton but she has to calm down.  Seems like her good friend (ha) Rinna would at least make her a Xanax smoothie.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

I like Crystal. She's wound tightly but I think/hope we'll see some of that come down.

Sutton is similar this way but not as bad.

Both need to take a couple of chill pills, but I like them both - alot.

I might go as far as saying these two + Garcelle are the main reasons I'm watch BH.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3

I am just over entitled people. She clearly got upset last episode... because miss queen is always the most hospitable and she thrives on being recognized for that and forgot a birthday gift. crystal was thoughtful with getting the ring  and it upset her.  She is not thinking about anything but herself... so much like my mom... she plays the victim... whoa is me... "I dont want to be here".... then sorry not sorry to say. LEAVE. We wont really actually miss u. U really just make the show cringeworthy but the others enable her which is also disappointing... my favorite this season is kathy hilton.  Hilarious. One quote from sutton... "I'm done with all this and hunky dory" kathy is like straight faced "who is hunky dory?" Seriously.  I died

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Haha! "Tell me 'bout it Sut" is the best!

Wait, wait..scroll down a bit to the fake Donn Gunvalson's tweet...are Tedds and Kyle wearing spanx with their bathing suits?! 😂 🤣 

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • Love 3

Sutton's really grown on me. She's actually one of the few I'm enjoying this season. I always liked her for the most part, but I appreciate that she thinks for herself. I loved that she told Garcelle she did nothing wrong in this last episode, and she's not buying Erika's bs and coddling her like most of the group is doing. Smart lady. 

• Love 19

I always kind of liked Sutton - even last season. I enjoy her quirky fashion much more than Dorit's ridiculous draping herself in initials regardless of the style. Sutton obviously has her own style - even though the clothes are couture and obviously beyond expensive, they aren't blatantly labels in the same way wearing the kind of clothing Dorit does. 

The woman isn't stupid and she obviously knows how the truly rich handle money and LLC's 😄

I also think that she doesn't need the gig financially the way the others do and I don't think her ego is invested in it as much as Kyle's is. Rinna, Dorit and Kyle are desperate to stay on the show. Obviously Erika was as well because no sane individual would have gone on this season knowing what was about to happen unless they were desperate for the income and the promotional value in terms of monetizing her social media. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
On 8/12/2021 at 11:31 AM, amarante said:

I always kind of liked Sutton - even last season. I enjoy her quirky fashion much more than Dorit's ridiculous draping herself in initials regardless of the style. Sutton obviously has her own style - even though the clothes are couture and obviously beyond expensive, they aren't blatantly labels in the same way wearing the kind of clothing Dorit does. 

The woman isn't stupid and she obviously knows how the truly rich handle money and LLC's 😄

I also think that she doesn't need the gig financially the way the others do and I don't think her ego is invested in it as much as Kyle's is. Rinna, Dorit and Kyle are desperate to stay on the show. Obviously Erika was as well because no sane individual would have gone on this season knowing what was about to happen unless they were desperate for the income and the promotional value in terms of monetizing her social media. 

I like Sutton, too, and adore her wardrobe, though not every item. I always want to see what she's going to wear. She does need to have some things tailored though. Poor Dorit, however, has gone off the rails.

I'd bet Sutton put up a good fight during her divorce to make sure she got what was due to her. Erika, on the other hand, will likely be broke like a joke.

• Love 6

So, who is this snob? What’s her deal? And by that I mean where is all of her money coming from? (I haven’t watched this series since when Kim was on and before all of these newer people—some of whom already came and went, apparently.)

I was curious about Sutton's background and found this: https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/sutton-stracke-photos-younger-years-career-before-rhobh'

She is a former dancer, and she's a brunette. She's had interesting jobs. She has three teenagers and her former husband was a childhood friend. She may have a boyfriend - last name Maloney or Mahoney.

Other sites have listed her wealth as "only" $2M. Surely it is much more, given her propensity for luxury. Her Augusta GA home is appraised at $7M (maybe acquired via the divorce settlement), and she is building a home in Bel Air.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

I wonder about Sutton's wealth, as I, too, have only found sites listing it at around $2 million.  

Wonder where the $7 million Augusta GA home value comes from?  From my research, it's only around $900,000.

Her ex-husband, Christian Stracke, is a credit managing director at PIMCO.  Not a job that makes "that" much money, maybe around $200K/year.

Maybe some really great investments?  I just don't see where all the wealth comes from. 

But Lisa Rinna constantly remarks on how rich Sutton is.  Some things are just very private, I guess.

• Useful 5
48 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

I wonder about Sutton's wealth, as I, too, have only found sites listing it at around $2 million.  

Wonder where the $7 million Augusta GA home value comes from?  From my research, it's only around $900,000.

Her ex-husband, Christian Stracke, is a credit managing director at PIMCO.  Not a job that makes "that" much money, maybe around $200K/year.

Maybe some really great investments?  I just don't see where all the wealth comes from. 

But Lisa Rinna constantly remarks on how rich Sutton is.  Some things are just very private, I guess.

The net worth internet information on anybody is always wildly inaccurate.

Sutton's husband holds a very upper level position at Pimco and has been in finance for about 25 years.

I know people who retired as teachers who are worth $2 million or more because they invested well all their life so that amount is ridiculously low for someone who has been in finance holding high positions for 25 years. He is probably closer to have a net worth of $100 million and Sutton would have been entitled to 50% of his assets. People with $2 million or even $5 million don't own even partial ownership in baseball teams  - even minor league ones. You generally need a high net worth to even be eligible to buy in.

She is in California which is a community property state and he had no money prior to marriage so everything earned during those years is part of the community property. And as we know, Sutton had excellent forensic accountants 😂

His position is a very high level one - he is stationed in Newport Beach where he manages the office - for starters but his real clout with the firm comes in terms of his functioning on their worldwide operations, People who are on a company's Executive Committee don't make $200,000 a year. Starting lawyers and MBA's make that amount 😀 Hell my friend's husband who graduated college with a business degree was making $100,000 his first year with a finance firm and is probably making $200,000 a few years later easily - if not more.

From Pimco's website:

"Mr. Stracke is a managing director in the Newport Beach office and global head of the credit research group. The credit research group covers all levels of the debt capital structure for targeted industries, including investment grade and high yield bonds, bank debt, and convertibles. Mr. Stracke is senior portfolio manager and member of various investment committees across PIMCO’s alternative credit and private strategies platform. In addition to his portfolio management responsibilities, he sits on the firm’s Executive Committee. "

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2

Sutton and her ugly clothes don’t really interest me, but she’s right about being dragged into Erika’s dirt - castmates will likely be questioned about relevant off-camera comments. Erika is using the show to make her poor-ignorant-me defense, since it’s the only PR she can still afford - but she gives zero fucks about her “friends.”

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 8/21/2021 at 11:06 AM, amarante said:

The net worth internet information on anybody is always wildly inaccurate.

Sutton's husband holds a very upper level position at Pimco and has been in finance for about 25 years.

I know people who retired as teachers who are worth $2 million or more because they invested well all their life so that amount is ridiculously low for someone who has been in finance holding high positions for 25 years. He is probably closer to have a net worth of $100 million and Sutton would have been entitled to 50% of his assets. People with $2 million or even $5 million don't own even partial ownership in baseball teams  - even minor league ones. You generally need a high net worth to even be eligible to buy in.

Yeah she has to be worth way more than 2 million. 

I'm living for detective Sutton. She's one of the few I want to return next season. 

• Love 13

I don't mind her eccentric looks per se. It's just that she has the same issue Kyle does, she doesn't always pick the best outfits or style for her body.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I don't mind her eccentric looks per se. It's just that she has the same issue Kyle does, she doesn't always pick the best outfits or style for her body.

I agree that neither woman dresses for her body, but I think Kyle is Jackie Kennedy in comparison to Sutton. lol 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

On 9/27/2021 at 11:06 PM, Surrealist said:

I fell in love at first sight.

Me too. It takes a good 2 or more seasons to learn enought about these women to get a handle on their true colors. After 2 seasons, Sutton has yet to disappoint. I hope it continues; I need someone to root for :)

On 9/27/2021 at 9:34 PM, Surrealist said:

I'm now on Season 10, and Sutton has met all the ladies for the first time in NYC.

I absolutely love her shade against their outfit choices.

This was hysterical.

On 9/28/2021 at 1:40 AM, Hiyo said:

I see your point, but I can get past it with Sutton. I love that Sutton loves art and views fashion as art. I also love that she takes risks when wearing art - in the same way artists take risks when making interesting and compelling art.

I'm not sure I'm explaining myself well, but I think Sutton's enthusiasm for the art of fashion is fresh and interesting, and I don't think form-fitting is required. Or at least it's not the first thing I see, nor is it something I miss. 

Compare with Dorit who wears labels head-to-toe. Her clothes are beautifully form-fitted (and fitted to a beautiful form), but they aren't interesting or artistic in any way.

Give me Sutton all day long. I love her aestethic more than I have any of the other HW's to date.

I also really like Eboni's fashion from NYC. I think she does a nice job with real-world fashion. For my tastes, the only objection I have is that, like many HW's, she likes to show her cleavage too often. Eboni's aesthetic is my 2nd fav among the HW's.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 17

I'm getting close to the current season.

Sutton and Garcelle are having dinner together, and I'm loving their dynamic and friendship already.

*On a superficial note, I'm glad to see Sutton has a cat, (Cat folks unite!) instead of 10,000 dogs.

Edited by Surrealist
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

There have been so many cute dogs on RH. I love seeing them, but it is strange that none of the women are cat people! Vanderpump has all sorts of animals at Villa Rosa, but no cats. 

Here's a young Sutton with a cat.

rhobh-season-11-sutton-stracke-before-th

🤔

Dd5xnY5U8AAESJS.jpg

Awwwwww. Young Sutton with the family cat. ♥️

• Love 8

I am LOVING Sutton this season, but then again I thought she was amazing last season as well. For me this type of show should be about women like Sutton, women who have real money, influence and a certain pedigree.

Dorit dresses like what a poor person imagines a rich person would dress like, Kyle and Lisa Rinna just don't have the social standing (outside of C-list Hollywood) and Erika, well... Bless her. 

• Love 14
15 hours ago, charliesan said:

I am LOVING Sutton this season, but then again I thought she was amazing last season as well. For me this type of show should be about women like Sutton, women who have real money, influence and a certain pedigree.

Dorit dresses like what a poor person imagines a rich person would dress like, Kyle and Lisa Rinna just don't have the social standing (outside of C-list Hollywood) and Erika, well... Bless her. 

I totally agree.  And if you follow Sutton on IG you see she has real friends and does real trips and is not attempting to blow smoke.  I think she is still pretty genuine and obviously she does have money.  Very few on this show do.  My guess is that I make more money than a few of them LOL

• Love 12

What a nice kitty cat young Suttons family had. Look at how unphased it is with Suttons hand squeezing its withers in a vice grip like so many babys do when they get a handful of the tolerant family pets fur and skin in their grasp. Nice kitty 😹

• Love 5