Type keyword(s) to search

Sutton Stracke: Who Is That Snob?

• Start Topic

On 9/29/2021 at 2:18 PM, charliesan said:

I am LOVING Sutton this season, but then again I thought she was amazing last season as well. For me this type of show should be about women like Sutton, women who have real money, influence and a certain pedigree.

Dorit dresses like what a poor person imagines a rich person would dress like, Kyle and Lisa Rinna just don't have the social standing (outside of C-list Hollywood) and Erika, well... Bless her. 

Now *that* would be an awesome show. 

14 hours ago, Slakkie said:

I totally agree.  And if you follow Sutton on IG you see she has real friends and does real trips and is not attempting to blow smoke.  I think she is still pretty genuine and obviously she does have money.  Very few on this show do.  My guess is that I make more money than a few of them LOL

Sutton is the only HW I follow on IG - and it's for this reason.

On 9/28/2021 at 10:27 PM, Surrealist said:

*On a superficial note, I'm glad to see Sutton has a cat, (Cat folks unite!) instead of 10,000 dogs.

The only word I can think of to describe Sutton as far as HW's go is "fresh".   The cat was a pleasant surprise.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Slakkie said:

Crystal started watching the show and realized Team Zero F*CKS was not the place to be. 

Yup. I know they've been cool for awhile and this is why. I do still think Crystal is angelic compared to some of the others. 

• Love 4

Or maybe it has nothing to do with Ericka, and they just became friends on their own? Not everything has to be the equivalent of a Twilight-esque Team X vs Team Y situation.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Yup. I know they've been cool for awhile and this is why. I do still think Crystal is angelic compared to some of the others. 

I think Crystal needed time to find her way - I can imagine the first season is tough.  But I hope she stays on - I actually like her.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Looks like Sutton and Crystal are quite friendly with each other now. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUm_CdXL5m3/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=3e115ee3-be7f-4575-904f-6ac16ea4fdb2

2 hours ago, Slakkie said:

Crystal started watching the show and realized Team Zero F*CKS was not the place to be. 

2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Or maybe it has nothing to do with Ericka, and they just became friends on their own? Not everything has to be the equivalent of a Twilight-esque Team X vs Team Y situation.

Maybe Crystal finally realized that Sutton (whom no one seemed to know at their country club) is the real deal, with actual real bucks to back it up, as opposed to the mean girl squad.  I think that Sutton actually has more money than all of the others, with the possible exception of Kathy Hilton.

I think that Crystal is a bit of a snob and looks at people's bank accounts along with their personalities to determine whether she can be friends with them.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Maybe Crystal finally realized that Sutton (whom no one seemed to know at their country club) is the real deal, with actual real bucks to back it up, as opposed to the mean girl squad.  I think that Sutton actually has more money than all of the others, with the possible exception of Kathy Hilton.

I think that Crystal is a bit of a snob and looks at people's bank accounts along with their personalities to determine whether she can be friends with them.

Sutton may not be an OG, part of the "fox force five," or famous prior to Housewives, but even Rinna said she's "so fucking rich." She's every bit as worthy of being on the show as Crystal is. 

The not knowing comments really rubbed me the wrong way. However, I did watch an interview of Crystal's, and she said she still has the same friends from childhood. She said if she wants to do things out of their budget, Rob covers it all. She said he grew up with nothing himself. I thought that made her sound much more down to earth than how she comes across on RH. Maybe she was rough regarding Sutton because they got off on the wrong foot. Sutton is a favorite of mine, but she didn't leave a great first impression on Crystal. 

I'd be happy for Crystal to return, but I think Sutton MUST return. I'm really glad she finally got a diamond this year. She more than earned it, and she was g***** her first season imo. I'm curious how the others will treat her now that some may realize she was on the right side and quite popular with the fans. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I think that Sutton actually has more money than all of the others, with the possible exception of Kathy Hilton.

I believe her wealth exceeds Kathy's. Kathy and Rick were building their dream home, and now she's calling it a spec house to sell. I suspect they can't afford it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I believe her wealth exceeds Kathy's. Kathy and Rick were building their dream home, and now she's calling it a spec house to sell. I suspect they can't afford it.

I thought the very same thing.  Everything is relative and the hotel business has been in the dumps since early 2020.  Now, they won't go broke or anything but they have to be careful with the big ticket items for now.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 10/7/2021 at 1:19 PM, Raiderred said:

I thought the very same thing.  Everything is relative and the hotel business has been in the dumps since early 2020.  Now, they won't go broke or anything but they have to be careful with the big ticket items for now.

To the best of my knowledge they sold the hotel chain to a private equity firm several years ago.   But Rick has Hilton & Hyland which is doing quite well I assume.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 10/6/2021 at 3:24 PM, Slakkie said:

Crystal wasn't the one who kept bringing up their earlier disagreement.  It was Sutton. But they weren't forced to rehash that argument for content once the Erika stuff came out.  Sutton's efforts were changed. 

And she said in an earlier appearance on WWHL that she understood why "I don't see color" was wrong.  So time, hanging out more without having to fight and Sutton having that epiphany may have led to a thawing.  Crystal has seemed willing if Sutton were willing.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 10/7/2021 at 1:38 PM, charliesan said:

Can we change the title to "Fancy Drew and the secret of the old roller"? 

On 10/10/2021 at 8:53 PM, Chicklet said:

Ha someone on Reddit did a cover of "Fancy Drew and the case of Erika Jayne and the Rolling Cars".  Pretty good recreation of the book covers.

You guys are killing me. 😆

• Love 4
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

One of the PopRoast guys read from an uncited article that described Sutton's property settlement. $1.2M in cash, alimony is $300K monthly, a half-dozen homes, interest in two baseball teams, and interest in a lumber business. I assume she also got child support and perhaps will benefit from former husband's retirement accounts.

The guys speculated that Sutton's wealth is the source of Erika's vitriol against her, especially now that Erika stands to lose everything. As a divorcee, Sutton is living the life that Erika expected to have after Tom's eventual demise.

"Man plans, God laughs."

I looooooooove this. TeamSutton.

• Love 14

Damn! With that kind of money she could actually afford $40,000 worth of hair & make-up, but as much as Sutton likes fashion I don't think she'd spend that much on that. Glad she's spending it on becoming a lawyer even if she doesn't go through with it, she'll be receiving more education regardless. 

14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Make Erika jealous of you.

I mean, I'm starting to hate Sutton myself, LOL

Edited by charliesan
  • LOL 8

I'd put 75% in savings

When she owns half a dozen homes...that's her savings right there. Hell she could rent out half of them and make some extra money that way too.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, AnnieBananie said:

What do you DO with this kind of money? How do you spend it? (I'd put 75% in savings, but that's just me.)

Apparently if your name is Sutton you buy a bunch of couture and wear it even if it looks ridiculous on you.  Spend so much that Dulche and Gabbana gift you birthday tiraras.    Open a store so your shopping trips to NYC and Europe are business expenses but never look at a price tag or admit to it.  Claim it's a success.   Have the Bentley dealership close their showroom just for you to come and buy a car. 

Spend $35k on a Parisan themed luncheon for eight but tell your guests what you spent and by the way, have a bunch of jewelry from your store for sale at the same party.   Kind of a ridiculous BH tupperware party for ladies who lunch. 

Get on a reality TV show for women with no integrity and brag about your money. 

So that's what you can do with that much money after your husband of 20+ years tells you he "just can't" and secretly files for divorce on your birthday but still goes to the party with you.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, charliesan said:

Damn! With that kind of money she could actually afford $40,000 worth of hair & make-up, but as much as Sutton likes fashion I don't think she'd spend that much on that. Glad she's spending it on becoming a lawyer even if she doesn't go through with it, she'll be receive more education regardless. 

I mean, I'm starting to hate Sutton myself, LOL

I want her to adopt me 🤪

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

As long as she's not doing anything illegal I say spend that money on whatever she likes, after all it is hers to spend. 

I doubt she's making much on the show, I bet she's the least paid along with Crystal, that money probably barely covers a few months' rent on her store, but like @Hiyo said if she has a half dozen homes I bet she's renting them, one of them at least could be located in BH but it was rented, that's why she moved into Kyle's house. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, BluishGreen said:

Both parties are entitled to share in the marital lifestyle  and to assets acquired during the marriage upon divorce because both contributed to acquiring them. That is the law. While I find it a little bit hard to believe she gets $3.6 million per year in alimony, if she does, it's because the ex earned and continues to earn multiples of that amount, and thus can afford to pay it.  Every asset that she received was marital- not a "gift" she didn't deserve.  For what it is worth, she said they started together as young marrieds with not so much and built their marital estate over 20 years together. So, some may mock how she spends or what she does, but unlike Erika, she didn't steal from anyone -- everything she now has was already hers.  I would bet she has gotten some very good financial advice, invested well, continues to earn money on the assets she received and is set for life.  Meanwhile, she is having a whole big lot of fun and hurting no one -- but those who blew through their own money and are jealous of her good fortune.   And if she does have some ambition to take on the challenge of law school,  invest in education at this age and create a new, professional career for herself,  good for her. Maybe Erika should be thinking of a Plan B that doesn't involve posting photos of her cooter or giving it up to the geriatric set.

I wouldn't mock her for her money and I am 100% sure that she got great financial advice - I think that her behavior during this whole Erika thing has shown that she's very serious when it comes to legal and financial advice (and no shade on my part on that. That was the smart thing for her to do).

That doesn't mean that I agree with her on everything and can't shade her for some other, more ridiculous tendencies. But I feel like she got a better handle on a lot of them as the season wore on. 

• Love 10
On 10/20/2021 at 4:15 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I wouldn't mock her for her money and I am 100% sure that she got great financial advice - I think that her behavior during this whole Erika thing has shown that she's very serious when it comes to legal and financial advice (and no shade on my part on that. That was the smart thing for her to do).

That doesn't mean that I agree with her on everything and can't shade her for some other, more ridiculous tendencies. But I feel like she got a better handle on a lot of them as the season wore on. 

I'm not mocking Sutton for her money; being rich is a prerequisite for this show (and actually probably living in Beverly Hills for that matter.  I'm mocking what she spends it on because I think it's ridiculous, just as I've mocked her for her ridiculous reaction to not being in on a joke or not bringing a gift to Garcelle's dinner at Rinnas. 

Completely separate by the way from how she's handled the Erika situation - of which I am 100% on her side.    Too bad Erika wasn't more open to Sutton's advice. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6
On 10/20/2021 at 1:18 AM, Cosmocrush said:

Apparently if your name is Sutton you buy a bunch of couture and wear it even if it looks ridiculous on you.  Spend so much that Dulche and Gabbana gift you birthday tiraras.    Open a store so your shopping trips to NYC and Europe are business expenses but never look at a price tag or admit to it.  Claim it's a success.   Have the Bentley dealership close their showroom just for you to come and buy a car. 

Spend $35k on a Parisan themed luncheon for eight but tell your guests what you spent and by the way, have a bunch of jewelry from your store for sale at the same party.   Kind of a ridiculous BH tupperware party for ladies who lunch. 

Get on a reality TV show for women with no integrity and brag about your money. 

So that's what you can do with that much money after your husband of 20+ years tells you he "just can't" and secretly files for divorce on your birthday but still goes to the party with you.  

Too soon to say for sure, but based on what I've seen so far, Sutton seems to like fashion as an art form and collects in the same way an art collector collects art and wears it like an art collector displays art...not to show off her figure.  

Kyle and Dorit seem to spend their money more gratuitously and are more concerned with labels and fitting their forms.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Jextella said:

Too soon to say for sure, but based on what I've seen so far, Sutton seems to like fashion as an art form and collects in the same way an art collector collects art and wears it like an art collector displays art...not to show off her figure.  

Maybe but art collectors collections often are good investments as well.  They can be loaned and gifted  to museums.     I guess I don't know enough, and by enough I mean anything, about the market for collections of worn couture. I can appreciate a the art in a new issue of Vogue or even a fashion show and  I did like looking at Lisa's 1990's designer stuff in the garage though, lol. 

3 hours ago, Jextella said:

Kyle and Dorit seem to spend their money more gratuitously and are more concerned with labels and fitting their forms.

Labels for sure, especially Dorit who luckily has the body to wear anything.  Kyle, not so much.  So often I think her clothes do not flatter her at all.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

Okay! I just got it!  However.  I still have 6 Parent/Teacher Conferences and 16 Halloween goody bags for 1st graders to get through this week.

Jeez Louise!  The first 205 pages are a list of everybody who's ever been on or worked  for the show.🤪

Oh look! The ponies are by the pool!  And I'm in the wrong thread.

Edited by dosodog
Oops! Thought I was hanging in the media thread....
  • LOL 9

I wouldn't trust most of the other HWs to give an honest opinion about someone who isn't nearly as obnoxious or even criminal as they are. 

I think it's worth noting that all HWs would watch their respective shows and make adjusts to how they come across onscreen.

Screenshot_20220720-205605_Instagram~2.jpg

• Love 3

CDAN says that "This quiet West Coast Housewife is hiding a boyfriend because of his views and doesn't want the rest of the cast piling on her more than they already do."  Most guesses are that it's Sutton.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I am listening to Kate Casey on Carlos King's podcast and I now get why they loathe Sutton.  Beverly Hills is about celebrity and you are no one unless you are in the industry.The only person who does not have tentacles in the entertainment industry is Sutton - her money comes from the financial industry.

Look at Rinna whose husband is still getting parts but she is unable to get anything but a Days spin off webseries.  It does not matter how her companies are doing (I think RInna beauty is probably doing well) it is about where you are in THE industry and currently all she is HH's wife and a reality personality.

In walks Sutton and she is getting tons of buzz and love, she is getting parts in shows (Bride of Chucky 2) or asked on Kimmel (yes Rinna they asked you first) but she is getting attention and cred that no one without industry ties should get and it pisses those two off.  They may snipe at Mrs Lion King but they will not ever piss her off.  Sutton is the one they can pick on because her being mad at them will not affect them in the hierarchy of what matters to them OR they are afraid she will end up ahead of them. 

I found it fascinating

• Applause 1
  • Useful 15
  • Love 1