Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Boes...I hope your family members are OK. Scary that you can lose immunity. First I saw was Tom Hanks when he said he gave plasma until they told him there were no anti-bodies in his blood any more.

I looked it up and Tom announced his loss of antibodies in early July, so they may have lasted only 4 months.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I looked it up and Tom announced his loss of antibodies in early July, so they may have lasted only 4 months.

My son’s antibodies  has lasted 6 months plus as did one of his friends. One friend, who was infected at the same time, didn’t develop antibodies at all. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I thought Nikki looked beautiful today. Her hair nd dress were gorgeous on her. Forgive the weird spelling-my letter before the ‘b’ hs decided to stop working. Very disappointed in the bride’s dress nd hair. They could have done so much more to make her beautiful. I wanted to drag  brush through her hair. 

I agree, Nikki looked great.  Best that MTS has looked in a long time.   The hair and the dress colour were good choices.

16 hours ago, nilyank said:

Did the Nick flashback to that? It's not like he hasn't proposed to others including his current bed buddy.

I thought it was great seeing Nick and Sharon so young, they had such innocent voices and Nick had his Saved by the Bell hair.  I did find it funny that just moments before the ceremony, Nick had his own flashback in his head to like two hours ago when he was in bed with Phyllis.

15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I agree about the social distancing stuff. It’s just so different on all the soaps. B&B are always 6 feet apart which does look odd. GH is similar to Y&R with the hugging and light kissing. I don’t recall any heavy make out sessions though. Days has people in bed which I don’t think any of the others soaps are doing. I know BTS all the soaps are all wearing mask for rehearsals and downtime at the studios. I guesssssss if they are being tested and have sort of signed off on it they must be okay with it. 

The flashbacks were great and fit in with the theme which was the wedding. I would liked to have seen Paul & Cricket there to support Nina but neither aren’t on contract and probably weren’t asked. I think Melissa Ordways dress was way ugly and didn’t make sense. I thought it was gray but then I hear maybe it was an ice blue. She has a model body but that dress did her no favors. I think her husband did a nice job but he he isn’t a good actor. There’s a reason why he was canned from Days. Also, his suit was way too old looking for him and didn’t coordinate with her dress. I’m not asking for them to match but be more cohesive. All in all, they did a nice job getting the cast together. Joshua Morrow was rocking the scruff as usual and I thought Peter Bergman did a great job with Abby right before the wedding. It looked like Bergman was about to start crying. Now, can we find an actress for him who isn’t Nikki. He seems to have horrible chemistry with the opposite sex which is amazing since he’s been on Y&R for 31 years. I would like an age appropriate actress. He’s 67 so age appropriate in daytime for an actress would be 40. LOL!!!!!

The fact that they included the Neil/Dru wedding and the fact that Victoria Rowell appeared during the Kristoff St John tribute gives me hope that maybe tensions have cooled and the show would be open to considering welcoming her back soon.  The show could really use her.  She could have had amnesia after falling off the cliff and hitting her head.

15 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Unpopular opinion alert:

During the flashback scenes of prior weddings I had to sigh at the glimpse of Jack and Phyllis. I honestly think they bring out the best in each other and wish there could be a good storyline to reconcile them. I think she should be Jack’s endgame. 

I agree that she is an obvious pairing for him.  I have no idea what age they are trying to say Phyllis is these days... but Michelle Stafford is 55.   She should be in the Paul/Bug/Nina/Ashley/Jack age group, with Jack being at the older end of that group.  But when they put her with Nick some years ago, it was obvious they were trying to have her be perpetually in her 40s.  I think Nick is maybe 45?  Phyllis should be easily 10 years older than him, she has a 35 year old son.

Wasn't Kyle interested in Phyllis when he came back to town?  Was it the Cro Magnon looking one with the long hair, or was it the one that had some kind of racist tweets?  I think it would be interesting for Jack and Kyle to battle for Phyllis... meanwhile Dummer can just sit back and watch.  I loathe Phyllis but she seemed to make Jack happy and this would get her out of the way.  I would love a Genoa City where Phyllis is now considered one of the "older set" and just takes a backseat and is content to live her life there as a supporting player.  

13 hours ago, Runningwild said:

There were a few scenes that could be explained away as camera angles. But Victor and Abby were holding hands as they came down the stairs. 

They also cheek kissed.  I guess COVIDCANNOTHARMVICTORNEWMAN,  YOU GOT THAT?  Bup.

• Love 8

I think it would be interesting for Jack and Kyle to battle for Phyllis... meanwhile Dummer can just sit back and watch. 

Interesting indeed. I think Phyllis would eat Kyle alive--not that the little twerp doesn't deserve it. I rather appreciate how Phyllis hasn't tried to compete with Summer for men. (I'm not counting Billy because Summer was the aggressor and she ended up getting burned for it.) Sharon hasn't gone down that road either though I guess time will tell when Faith gets older or Mariah decides to swing back to men.

The show could really use her.  She could have had amnesia after falling off the cliff and hitting her head.

ICAM. The Newmans and Abbotts both have patriarchs and I guess Jill is the unofficial Chancellor matriarch. The Winters et al have no one. Devon isn't old enough to fill the head of the family role and Dru really could anchor them. Allegedly though, at least one of the vets has enough juice with TPTB to keep VR from being rehired.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Joined in matrimony for the rest of their lives? Pssht, if that were true most of the people in that room would be dead. 😏

I liked Nina's choice of reading at wedding. The one usually used from 1 Corinthians is almost trite to me now. The Ecclesiastes passage used in today's episode is less common I think, at least on this show. (But whoa, it basically said if you're not married you have no reason to live. Okay, Nina. Perhaps you should've considered who'd be in the room.)

PC IV said in his vows that Abby was tougher on him than both the Army and the Fed. I think MO's husband might've gotten a little nervous and misspoken the line because I don't recall PC IV ever working in government banking. 😉

And there were Billy and Kyle, slinking in after the ceremony had already begun. So tacky, especially given the reason they both were probably late. 🍆🍑 🍌🎂 At least Lily and Summer knew better than to show their faces at the wedding.

"Your son shot your grandson." Leave it to Victor to be the buzzkill. So, guilty until proven innocent, Vic?

A honeymoon on a private island with no cell service. Hmmm, what could possibly go wrong when the groom is still recuperating from getting gutshot? 🤔

That was quite the evil eye Victor was giving Billy. Yikes. No wonder Billy skedaddled right out of there.

Aw geez, I spoke too soon about them not mentioning 1 Corinthians. Bad Nikki!

Hey, Abby didn't toss her bouquet! 😯

Lol, Nikki and Nina lowkey trash talking Jill. Where was the lie, tho? Jill not only slept with Kay's husband, she got pregnant by him. You're welcome, Nina and Abby.

Well, that was nice, though I think Paul, Christine, Lauren, and Michael should've been there too since they're all pretty much legacy characters as well. Guess this was meant to be more of a celebration of the Abbott, Chancellor, and Newman veterans.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

They forgot to include my favourite Little Abby flashback scene in the stables where she says "I HATE you!" to Victor with a scowl and great conviction after he took her riding too fast for her comfort and she fell off like Bonnie Blue Butler. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
13 minutes ago, deirdra said:

They forgot to include my favourite Little Abby flashback scene in the stables where she says "I HATE you!" to Victor with a scowl and great conviction after he took her riding too fast for her comfort and she fell off like Bonnie Blue Butler. 

Well, at least she didn't break her neck. EB would have had as much trouble acting like he was crying as Clark Gable did.

• LOL 10
47 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

"Your son shot your grandson." Leave it to Victor to be the buzzkill. So, guilty until proven innocent, Vic?

BUT...but....he did NOT shoot the deputy.

So there, Victor!

• LOL 9
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

the story was that Adam was now going to be "gay"

Not sure I understand the need for scare quotes. Whatever, MAB was arguably the worst EP/writer Y&R has ever had but perhaps one thing she did do right was draw a distinction between participating in some same-sex activity and being gay or bisexual. The former doesn't necessarily prove the latter. It's a distinction Y&R's largely conservative audience still wasn't likely to accept though.

I don't think there ever was a plan to have Adam suddenly realize he was gay. The storyline leading up to his tryst with Rafe wasn't written that way. He wasn't questioning his sexuality and was still sleeping with Heather. He wasn't on the downlow, he just didn't want Rafe to know he'd been used. With Rafe Adam was engaging in situational behavior to try to get himself out a jam. It's what he does, as evidenced in all the subsequent portrayals of the character. Adam tends to take things to the next level, just like his father.

They were not "scare quotes", I simply quoted the the word "gay" because when you google "Nelson Branco Chris Engen or "Jamey Giddens Chris Engen" that was how the kiss and the storyline was described. The story from Nelson Branco was that CE "walked off the set" after refusing to kiss his costar Yani Gellman. When story was picked up by other media sites and they described it as a "gay kiss" as well. The story hit the Internet while CE was still playing Adam, which is what led to him being called homophobic. As I stated in my post, CE was unhappy with the direction they were taking Adam long before said storyline, which was confirmed by Eileen Davidson. 

I also the the same thing you did, which was that Adam wasn't gay, he was using Rafe to save himself. I don't think the kiss between them was even shown on screen nor were they ever seen in bed together, everything was implied, which made me question the validity of Nelson Branco's story.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, boes said:

I've got a brother who is reinfected for the second time and this time he's back in the hospital already gotten 9 liters of fluid due to dehydration and time will shortly tell what happens next.  And a husband of one of my cousins also got reinfected, isolating at home right now.  Both these guys thought it was all some big joke.  It's not.

Anyway, I enjoyed Show today.  It felt like an hour spent in less stressful times.

Boes, I hope everyone is doing all right at your end 🙏🏼

• Love 8

Nice of Kyle to show up but once again Nostrils is the turd in the champagne toast.  Still no Summer and Faith though. To think of it Lola should have been invited.  Covid virus or no, this is the MO of TIIC to having missing relevant cast members absent at major events  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Show did for me again.  That's a record, two days in a row.  There was a gentle feel to today's show and a sense of its rich past, from using the Chancellor Mansion as the setting for the wedding to the mention of Colleen to everyone's memory moments as they wrote out those cards.  

I'd been hoping and waiting for a Colleen mention and I thought the scene with Tracy and Ashley was prefect in that regard.  If Show ever decided to pretend she was alive I'd go along with nary a peep.  I know Nina isn't everyone's favorite but I really enjoyed her these past few days and it felt so right having Jill back.  I hope she hangs around for a while.

Yep, loved it all, total sap that I am.

But then along comes ButtBiscuit to put the sour in sourpuss.

5 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

once again Nostrils is the turd in the champagne toast.  

I don't know what the point was.  He moped and mooped and sulked and seemed ready to go off on Jack again.  The only saving grace was him leaving early.  Is dating ButtBiscuit a condition of Lily's release from prison or something?  Hasn't she been punished enough?  You'd think one unctous cow tipper in her life would have been enough.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

I wonder if Nina’s appearance is a one off or will she stick around. I vote for stick around.  But of course, I want Jill to appear more frequently, and we know that won’t happen. 

Boes, I really do hope your family members come through this terrible disease. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Nice of Kyle to show up but once again Nostrils is the turd in the champagne toast.  Still no Summer and Faith though. To think of it Lola should have been invited.  Covid virus or no, this is the MO of TIIC to having missing relevant cast members absent at major events  

The set probably has Covid capacity limits based on square footage.  So they stuck to Newman-Abbott-Chancellors only.  They can always have a big reception for all their friends (another half dozen people?) later ... if they are still married.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, car8857 said:

Yanno what’s funny? Won’t they have to re-shoot the wedding with the real Chance? Otherwise they’ll never be able to show flashbacks.

Nah! They’ll just insert regular Chance using CGI. Also, with still photos they’ll just replace replacement Chance with Will real Chance’s head. After all, this 2020 and we have a (no) budgets to contend with. LOL!!!!

I thought they did a good job using almost whole cast on the same day. That must have broken the bank on pay day. They’ll be penny pinching for the rest of the year well into 2021 to make up for that. I thought it was well done and everyone seemed happy to be there. I noticed in the final shot before they faded to black and Peter Bergman & Tricia Cast looked at each other and they were totally soaking in the moment. I think Davidson, Bergman, Cast, Scott, Braden & Walton were all glad they were there and you could tell they were truly happy to be representing the show. That said, the show will probably drop the ball afterwards and mess up all the good will this week has brought. I have one question. Will it be old or new Chance on the honeymoon and who will return with Abby?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, blackwing said:

I think it would be interesting for Jack and Kyle to battle for Phyllis.

Ok, bite your tongue.  Kyle is waaaaaay too young for her.  Remember the muddy football he threw at her when he was starting grade school? She was old enough to be his mother then, ffs.  She hasn't gotten any younger.  And the only reason that the Summer/CroMagnonKyle/sister-brother story worked (kind of) was because that Kyle was so big and looked older.  And, also, Phyl will fcuk anything/everything that will hold still long enough.  My Jackinasuit has been through enough.  Enough, I tell you!  Phylthy had her chance.  She blew it (=snicker=) with that disgusting relationship she had with Jack's brother. [who was also too young]  Don't revisit semi-incesteous storylines ever again.  Oh, and Summer is too dumb to see it even if Jack drew her a picture.

rant over

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Ok, bite your tongue.  Kyle is waaaaaay too young for her.  Remember the muddy football he threw at her when he was starting grade school? She was old enough to be his mother then, ffs.  She hasn't gotten any younger.  And the only reason that the Summer/CroMagnonKyle/sister-brother story worked (kind of) was because that Kyle was so big and looked older.  And, also, Phyl will fcuk anything/everything that will hold still long enough.  My Jackinasuit has been through enough.  Enough, I tell you!  Phylthy had her chance.  She blew it (=snicker=) with that disgusting relationship she had with Jack's brother. [who was also too young]  Don't revisit semi-incesteous storylines ever again.  Oh, and Summer is too dumb to see it even if Jack drew her a picture.

rant over

Let me co-sign this post!  As annoyed with Kyle as I am, I do not wish Pit Viper Jazz Hands on pretty much anyone other than Nick or Adam.

giphy.gif

Besides, she could put out an eye with those things.

• LOL 13
2 minutes ago, boes said:

Let me co-sign this post!  As annoyed with Kyle as I am, I do not wish Pit Viper Jazz Hands on pretty much anyone other than Nick or Adam.

giphy.gif

Besides, she could put out an eye with those things.

OMG, how was MO not falling down laughing?

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Huh, I didn't think that cabana was so awful. But that set looks like the one used when Sheila held Lauren and somebody whose name I don't remember captive back in the day. The room caught on fire when a lantern or candle got knocked over.

Apparently Abby no longer owns the house she inherited from Brad. Show, why do you hate me like this? Grrr.🤨

When Summer was grilling Kyle about the wedding it made me wonder why no one had whipped out their phone and taken photos. In fact, why wasn't there a wedding photographer? In the age of social media, some images would have been posted almost immediately. Did Abby make everyone sign NDAs or something? 🤔

Were they chem-testing Sally and Billy? I don't hate it though I doubt Lily will let it happen.

A classic Cary Grant movie. Nice that TPTB can reach back into the old Columbia Pictures archives. And I hope Kyle isn't now entertaining delusions that he resembles Cary. The Marlon Brando thing was bad enough, IMO. 🙄

Wait, is Jack trying to move on Jill again? Meh. So much been there, done that with those two. C'mon, get Jack a new love!

Kind of a sad date, sitting in the lobby of the Generic Peregrine quaffing Phyllis' overpriced basement booze. Gosh, Billy, take a woman out to dinner or something before you try to stay overnight with her.

Oy, MO's husband maybe should've gotten some sun or a spray tan before doing shirtless scenes. Not a bad body though. They make an attractive couple I think.

Imagine my surprise to learn you have to pay to watch an 80-year old film online. Thank goodness for public libraries.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Yes Esther, just what newlyweds want living with Chloe and a crying baby. I guess living with Chloe is worse.  According to Esther they are about to move out and I hope off the show. 

Could TIIC make up a better excuse for Summer not going to the wedding?  After all she’s Abby’s niece. Summer didn’t want to be in the spotlight?  I guess this excuse matched Summer’s shallow personality. 

You got to love TIIC sense of an alternative universe. Abby and Chance were on a long plane ride to get to their private island but Nina, Esther, Jack, Tracy, and Ashley are still sitting in the living room, wearing the same cloths and drinking champagne like the wedding was just over. 

Nostrils wants to hear the story of how Sally went from running a fashion house to Lauren’s gopher. I’m sure Sally would like to know the story of how Nostrils went from a little prick to a gigantic sanctimonious prick. 

And we have another farce. Chance without a shirt and there is no sign of him being shot nor a sign of a major operation. Either Chance is a fast healer or it was Chance 1.0 who was shot not Chance 2.0. Rain means nothing to me on a private tropical island. A walk in the rain is very romantic and could be a prelude to making love in the rain. Don’t knock it if you haven’t tried it. 

Summer thought the movie was great because she was most likely watching Cary Grant. For me I could watch One Million Years B. C., which is probably the 5 worst movies of all time because of Raquel Welch 🥰

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I know that nuChance is Melissa’s real husband but he’s not really a good actor. He memorized the lines well enough but there was no emotion or intensity there. Melissa is very emotive with lots of smiles and giggling but her husband is just .....dull. Maybe it’s because he’s new in the role but I might be glad to see oldChance back on Y&R.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Okay writers, really? An executive assistant is NOT a gopher! I seriously had a rage blackout when Billy said that line today. Granted, going from running your own fashion line to being an EA is a pretty big step down, but hey, I went from being a Promotion Manager to being an EA. And trust me when I say my job as an EA is a thousand times more difficult!

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Okay, time to move on from the wedding.  I loved the first two days but I'll be fine if we don't see the newlyweds until they return.  Though the reason my frown isn't just a smile turned upside down was ALL THAT BUTTBISCUIT MANSPREADING!  For gawd's sake, man, have some pride.  When all you're showing is too much of nothin', learn when to fold 'em.  Legs.  Fold.The.Legs.  

With ButtBiscuit, there is no truth in advertising.  None.

giphy.gif

Like every ButtBiscuit scene.

And what's with him leering at Lily as if she was chicken liver on a triscuit, asking if she would put him up for the night.  How about that ledge you took Amanda out on, the one where you screamed because you thought you were such a free spirit.  Why not perch your scrawny flat ass on that and take a snooze?

Prison life must have been tougher on Lily than I thought if she's looking at that canned ham as if he's prime rib.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand another thing.  When ButtBiscuit was reciting his mother's various last names, he went back and corrected himself and added "Foster".  Does Der Dipshit not know that was her maiden name? Does he think Jill's first husband was her father?

And PLease, Show, do NOT try to tell us that Kyle and Dummer are another Cary Grant and Irene Dunne. 

giphy.gif

They'd be beyond lucky if they could aspire to be another Fred and Ethel Mertz.

And as for kids, I imagine any offspring of Kyle and Dummer would be born with his bouffant and her duck lips.

Yep, the week of romance and memories has come to screeching halt.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5
On 12/2/2020 at 10:28 PM, boes said:

Show did for me again.  That's a record, two days in a row.  There was a gentle feel to today's show and a sense of its rich past, from using the Chancellor Mansion as the setting for the wedding to the mention of Colleen to everyone's memory moments as they wrote out those cards.  

I'd been hoping and waiting for a Colleen mention and I thought the scene with Tracy and Ashley was prefect in that regard.  If Show ever decided to pretend she was alive I'd go along with nary a peep.  I know Nina isn't everyone's favorite but I really enjoyed her these past few days and it felt so right having Jill back.  I hope she hangs around for a while.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:13 PM, KLovestoShop said:

I wonder if Nina’s appearance is a one off or will she stick around. I vote for stick around.  But of course, I want Jill to appear more frequently, and we know that won’t happen. 

Agreed, I am hoping that Nina sticks around, at least on a recurring basis, but I'm assuming she won't.  More Jill would be nice too.  I really liked the flashback scene with Nina and Ryan, and how Nina was saying she wished Ryan could have been there to see the wedding.

And I too really appreciated the mention of Colleen.  The entire wedding was great, it was a time for the cast and viewers to remember the rich history of these three families and of the show.  Made me kind of sad to see the faces of these actors and characters who have been long gone from the show... Katherine, Mamie, Neil, Dru, Ryan, John etc.  I'm sure the cast loved being all together in the same room, especially during these COVID times.

I hope the producers can see that viewers really like this history and the nostalgia, and will bring back some of these older characters and veteran actors.  But I'm sure we will go right back to business as usual with the stories that are focused on Kyle/Summer, Billy, and Devon/Elena.  I truly don't care about any of these characters but especially Elena.

"Your son shot your grandson."  I don't like Victor, but this was Line of the Year.  So perfectly delivered and funny.

Edited by blackwing
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

Speaking of behind the scenes casting moves and Griffith/Phelps and the Delia storyline. I think the plan was to have Kelly be the one who actually killed Delia when Cynthia Watros was playing her. There were some hints laid. Watros does that nice-but-something-is-off quality extremely well in,...well basically everything she is in.

When they recast that other blonde it just wouldn't work.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

So what did 72 hours accomplish wrt Adam? He's 72 hours' worth of more crazypants?

Oh, so today Chelsea is Adam's port in the storm again. At least until he sees Sharon. 🙄

Meanwhile, what does Chelsea have to think about? It's not as if she's never been on this roller-coaster with Adam before. That will be her life until she decides she doesn't want to keep living that way. Or Connor commits his first murder. 😑

Victor asking for Sharon's help after all that's happened between them is still weird to me.

Just what a guy straight out of the funny farm needs, a good Welcome Home! screw. This is my AYFKMWTS face.

What was that cloudy green liquid Nina was drinking from a goblet? Heh, Phyllis probably buys it by the gallon from the grocery store and then charges extra for the fancy stemware.

Lol, Lily looking at Billy like, "Did I actually do split bounces on your d!ck last night? What was I thinking?"

Why are Chloe and Kevin STILL living in the Chancellor Mansion? Ugh, I wish Jill would evict those smug squatters.

I didn't realize Lauren and Nina were friends. In fact, I'm continuing to puzzle out Lauren and Christine being chummy given Christine's awful history with Lauren's husband. Bygones!

Interesting way to have Chelsea make a costume change from one top and pants outfit to another, mid-episode. But I guess if she hadn't I be complaining about it. Good job anticipating one of my pet peeves, MWTs. And thanks for not having them do it on the couch.

I thought Victoria's hair looked nice again today.

Danny Romalotti's Rock On video. They had to mention that warmed over garbage? KMN. 🤨

Wait, I thought Billy was on a leave of absence from ChancComm? Should he be hanging out there?

Ruh roh, looks like Chelsea's fall down go boom in the Jabot ChancComm elevator is coming back to taunt her.

Hmm, I'm thinking Connor was already set up with a Newman trust fund. Why should he get Adam's share too? Victor better include a clause that it only happens if he dies of natural causes. Because I could see Adam putting a hit on Victor and then finagling a way to access Connor's inheritance while Connor is still a minor. 🤔

Michael's necktie was a lot. Are big ties back in style for men? Still loving his platinum hair though. Very Anderson Cooper.

Aw Rey, this case is going to wreck your stellar detective career (😏). Stevie Wonder could see Billy's been set up. Not that he doesn't deserve it though. My money's on Nick though Chloe still seems like a possibility.

Re the previews, yep, looks like good-hearted Traci's the one who'll talk some sense into the Abbotts about their treatment of Theo. Or she'll try to anyway. What a bunch of spoiled babies.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 8
On 12/3/2020 at 2:26 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Were they chem-testing Sally and Billy?

I sure hope not. She just escaped one bozo in L.A., and Billy is... begrudgingly, I can't say he's a complete downgrade from that idiot Wyatt since not even he would hook up with a woman that trafficked his niece, but surely, Sally could do better?is Devon still single? Is Mariah? Or even Kyle????

Anyone? Buelluer?

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Stevie Wonder could see Billy's been set up. Not that he doesn't deserve it though. My money's on Nick though Chloe still seems like a possibility.

*Sigh* assuming it's Chloe, how much more mileage is there to milk over her hatred because of Delia? It is tiresome.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Lily!  You in danger, girl!

giphy.gif

Get yourself an Exorcist.  Sign yourself in for a voluntary stay at Genoa City's Happy Dale - a room just opened up. 

Or check with Lauren and see if she still has Carmine's number and current rates because a steady diet of nothing but stale ButtBiscuit is bound to give you gastric upset like you've never imagined.  It's making me sick to my stomach.  What Beely is going to give you is resistant to all antibiotics and most common sense.  Just stop it.

There's a certain blessing, I guess, in being ButtBiscuit, in finding yourself endlessly fascinating no matter how many eyes glaze over when you drone on.  It must be nice to think you're some sort of God's gift to women, like you're the Cameron Mathison of Genoa City, when for most people, their one and only exposure to something like you is that first dissection in high school biology.  Hell, even high school biology should tell you this is a sin against the light, Lily.

I don't see why Rey Rey can't just face slap ButtBiscuit every time he opens his mouth or just comes in range.

Gosh oh golly GEE, whatever can the matter be, Chelsea?  A brain tumor can be ruled out due to the absence of said object.  I guess Dr. Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate will have to put on his Wonder Hat and save the day yet again.  Will Sharon rush to Adam's side when he brings Chelsea to the hospital or will she offer take him to a Naked Yoga session to take his mind off things?  Don't worry, Rey Rey, it's all professional.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

So Adam gets out the same way Chance doesn’t have scars, Sharon never looked like she had cancer, and Abby/Chance fly to their private island before her guest can leave the Chancellor Mansion. 

Lily, I would rather make love to Barnabas Collins than Nostrils.  Lily has now become GC’s ultimate bottom feeder, and Nostrils is the ultimate SCHMUCK.  

Nostrils gets arrested 👍👍 even though it’s obviously not him. Chelsea is in crisis and Chloe is going to blame Adam.  

Good move Adam coming back with having Connor getting Adam’s entitlement to the spoils of the Newman Enterprise. Adam put one over on Olive Oyl proving once again Adam is the smartest of Victor’s offspring. 

it was nice to see that Lauren got her stone back and that Jack didn’t have to cut it up even though the pieces Jack made, for the family, was to big for the setting around the stone. Leave it to Lauren to wear a priceless jewel for lunch with her husband. The chain she had it on made it look more like costume jewelry and it’s length made her cleavage more noticeable if that could be possible. 

As an aside:  Nostrils should have been arrested and sent to jail for child neglect. Since DD died Nostrils committed a Class D Felony and been sentenced up to 25 years in prison.  Nostrils did actually kill DD but his neglect set everything in motion or to say an accessory to her homicide.  This is the major reason I detest Nostrils.  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Lol, Lily looking at Billy like, "Did I actually do split bounces on your d!ck last night? What was I thinking?"

Nothing like a good visual with my morning coffee!  You owe me a keyboard.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Nostrils should have been arrested and sent to jail for child neglect

at the very least, he should be allowed only supervised visitation with any of his other children.  The DD death story is why I stopped watching the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I sure hope not. She just escaped one bozo in L.A., and Billy is... begrudgingly, I can't say he's a complete downgrade from that idiot Wyatt since not even he would hook up with a woman that trafficked his niece, but surely, Sally could do better?is Devon still single? Is Mariah? Or even Kyle????

Anyone? Buelluer?

*Sigh* assuming it's Chloe, how much more mileage is there to milk over her hatred because of Delia? It is tiresome.

I think she (Sally) and Theo could be a fun gray couple - they could scheme and plot against the oh-so-boring Kummer.

Is Theo related to Jill? Is Jack relalated to Nina? They might make a cute couple BUT most of the people on the show are some-how related and with the exception of Unca Bwilly and Devon don't sleep with nieces and step-moms and aunts.

Is Faith left handed cause they sure are hinting she shot Chance? They can't handle mysteries on this show. We wrote a mystery novel and trust me there were white boards and historical timelines and back-stories.

This show brushes off cancer and bullet wounds like it was Star Trek where they can cure everything but baldness. Not that it means anything since I expect Lily to get pregnant and it turns out Delia was living with Cassie and Colleen in Green Bay.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 12/1/2020 at 10:30 PM, Snaporaz said:

Cricket not being there was more odd to me than the absence of Kyle or Summer or Billy.  Have there been other soap weddings where one of the characters getting married was played by an understudy?  I was wondering why Nina was being so weird with Victoria...another instance of re-cast confusion.  That rivalry was all about Heather Tom's Victoria.  

This episode *almost* seemed like it could have served as a series finale. 

I had that same confusion about Nina and Victoria. And I also had that same feeling about this wedding feeling like the end.

On 12/1/2020 at 10:45 PM, boes said:

It was a nice "extra" that the guy they got to fill in for NotaChance is MO's actual husband.  I know I'm in the minority but I don't think he's bad at all. 

I've got a brother who is reinfected for the second time and this time he's back in the hospital already gotten 9 liters of fluid due to dehydration and time will shortly tell what happens next.  And a husband of one of my cousins also got reinfected, isolating at home right now.  Both these guys thought it was all some big joke.  It's not.

Even though this guy could use some acting lessons, I like him so much better than the drip he's filling in for.

Sorry to hear about your brother and cousin. I had not heard of people getting reinfected.

On 12/1/2020 at 11:10 PM, Runningwild said:

There were a few scenes that could be explained away as camera angles. But Victor and Abby were holding hands as they came down the stairs. 

I was shocked when Ashley and Abby hugged. 

On 12/1/2020 at 11:12 PM, Snaporaz said:

B&B is still observing the six-feet rule, though. 

I like this Chance, too.  He looks more like Philip III than squishyface NotAChance.  But I guess they're never going to be able to use this wedding in a flashback!

B&B is doing a great job with the social distancing. Y&R could learn from them.

I was thinking that as well about the flashbacks. Earlier when they showed Abby's past failed relationships in flashbacks I was surprised as I had forgotten about every single one of them. All I could remember was that she had an affair with Austin.

• Love 7

I don't know what possessed TIIC, but they managed to write and produce three straight episodes of genuine romantic emotions, with historic context, used legacy characters to good effect, with plenty of warmth and schmaltz. I loved to see the Chancellor Mansion decorated for the occasion, and most everyone looked elegant and occasion-appropriate.

The few needle scratches: Tracy looked a bit dowdy (Beth Maitland sang so well!); the color was dreary. Mariah WTF! As much as I like the visual effect of panné velvet, the dress had too many things going on -- the aforementioned panné velvet fabric action, neckline to the waist, the hip-rushing, split midi skirt -- Over designed much?

And Abby's gown and grooming ... Come on, people! It's a popular leg-baring design, with a complicated slash bodice and scarf drapery. MO was in danger of exposing herself when she walked; another problem with Jolie gowns. The color wasn't bad, but not as stylized as Abby usually is dressed. Below is the same dress and color, but with a halter strap and belted. The black is more evening wear, but if the belt/sandals were a matte silver ...

05d1346730dcf07d569bb71694af1761.png

Sorry about photo size.

Why was Abby carrying a Boston fern for a bouquet? The makeup was played way down, but the hair ... Oh, honey, you're in serious need of volume with an up-do.

Faux-Chance (MO's real life husband) had some iffy moments, but was very sweet during the vows. I believed every word he said to his real-life wife was from the heart. And it was nice to see the couple embrace and kiss, something sorely missing during the COVID-19 filming.

The honeymoon hijinks were unnecessary. 

On 12/4/2020 at 9:29 AM, blackwing said:

Agreed, I am hoping that Nina sticks around, at least on a recurring basis, but I'm assuming she won't.  More Jill would be nice too.  I really liked the flashback scene with Nina and Ryan, and how Nina was saying she wished Ryan could have been there to see the wedding.

Show needs their legacy characters around Genoa City. Nina, Jill, Christine, Paul, Lauren and Michael would be a welcome respite from Chelsea vacillating and hyperventilating, Atonal neurotically yelling at his 11yo self (the asylum let him loose after howling and bellowing and fighting with the orderlies and being regularly sedated?), Chloe and Kevin parenting, Darvon/Elena/Natey Nate Nate/Hillary.2 quadrangle, Kyle and Dumber on-again-off-again insecurity, aging ingénue Sharon pretending she's a mental health professional with a license to ill, NotBilly being too stupid to avoid getting arrested for not shooting Chance, and Lily trolling the gutter again. 

"Your son shot your grandson."  I don't like Victor, but this was Line of the Year.  So perfectly delivered and funny.

giphy.gif

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Mariah WTF! As much as I like the visual effect of panné velvet, the dress had too many things going on -- the aforementioned panné velvet fabric action, neckline to the waist, the hip-rushing, split midi skirt -- Over designed much?

I know. The dress had potential but the ruching was a bridge too far.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, rcc said:

MO's husband Justin may not be the best actor but I'm glad the show cast him. I wouldn't mind if he had the job full time. 

^THIS^

If it means that that Covidiot gets replaced, I'm okay with the meh acting because really, OG Covidiot isn't really much better so...replace away! And for the record, I am totally A-OK with 'cancel culture' for people who put others lives at risk, or who are racists, etc. Cancel away.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

And I also had that same feeling about this wedding feeling like the end.

I now remember seeing a commercial saying that the wedding was taking place on some milestone episode number (but I forget the #), so that would explain all of the reminiscing and Tracy singing the theme song and all the talk about the wedding being the culmination that united the big GC families.   

On 12/4/2020 at 10:44 PM, Anna Yolei said:

For those of you who don't watch B&B (Why don't you?!?  There's a mannequin that's a better actor than much of the cast!), here's a quick primer on Sally's backstory as it relates to Y&R :  

I've already mentioned that Sally went to Los Angeles to revive her great-aunt Sally's business, Spectra Fashions.  (Lauren and the original Sally were good friends, explaining that connection.)  Younger Sally is a genuinely talented designer, but her dreams for the success of Spectra came crashing down when Bill Spencer (formerly Brad Carlton) demolished her building (with her inside of it!) because he wanted the land it sat on to build a skyscraper bearing his name. 

Sally was dating Thomas Forrester, and she moved with him to NY when he wanted to be closer to his young son.  This is when she and Theo crossed paths.  Thomas dumped Sally to go back to his ex (the mother of his son.)  Sally went back to LA alone, dejected, broke, and homeless.

This is when she hooked up with Wyatt Spencer, the son of the man who blew up her building.  They really hit it off, then everything started to go her way.  She was offered a good job at Forrester Creations and Wyatt proposed, then Wyatt dumped her to go back to his ex.  To add insult to injury, the ex he left her for also happened to be involved in the kidnapping and  sale of his baby niece.

Sally became so stressed out over this that she was creatively blocked at work, and then she started getting severe headaches, trembling hands, and other symptoms that negatively affected her work.  This is where they trashed her character...In an effort to try to get Wyatt to go back to her and to avoid getting fired from Forrester, she faked a terminal illness.  When the kidnapping ex found out the truth, Sally kidnapped the kidnapping ex and tried to get Wyatt to sleep with her so she could get pregnant.  It blew up in her face, she had to beg these two assholes for forgiveness and to not turn her in to the cops, and she left town.  I guess some of this ended up on social media, because Theo alluded to knowing what had happened.   

I hope that helps.  Please correct me if I got anything wrong!

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 6
  • Love 9
On 12/5/2020 at 9:27 PM, SweePea59 said:

Even though this guy could use some acting lessons, I like him so much better than the drip he's filling in for.

Me too. He's cute and if they want love-scenes they don't have cram Adam and Sharon together just because the actors are cuddle-buddies.

On 12/5/2020 at 9:57 PM, peacheslatour said:

I know. The dress had potential but the ruching was a bridge too far.

Took it from hot to coffin liner

4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Lol! I used to but the recast of Ridge was too much for me. The new guy is just too grubby looking.

And Thomas makes Adam look like Capt. America. And I think that British Model might be part klingon

Confession; I only watched the over lap of B&B for one minute -

anyone : is Jill related to Theo?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Isn't this the umpteenth time that Billy and Chelsey have been packing up to "leave Genoa City and start a new life"?  Yet here they still are...stinking up our tv screens.  At this point I'd be more than willing to chip in on some one-way tickets for them.  If they promise to never return!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

Sorry - I keep thinking that Jill was from the other family - not Snappers but Lesley's. It's all a moot point as Theo is leaving  (no doubt in humilation) And the YOUNG & Restless part will ride on the shoulders of Kummer (YECH) and Faith. Even Lily has been force aged into a potential grandmother. No young story lines here. Lola? Elaina?

If they must age up Connor, Christian, whats-her-name Newman (Vicky's kid since she named her Newman and not Abbott) so that there can be some teen highjinks and angst and in a few years romance. Phyl's granddaughter could return as a schemer of maybe a good girl to defy DNA.

Hook Faith up in a platonic friendship with the OD kid in AA meetings. Think reverse Greg and Jenny. Then with time they could be come a couple. 

• Love 6

Phyl's granddaughter could return as a schemer of maybe a good girl to defy DNA.

Lucy? That would be really interesting. Daniel is a sweetheart and Daisy is a freakin loon. Plus Phyl's pathology would make all kinds of high comedy shenanigans.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

bye the bye - Billy - well Alt-Billy - shot Chance. Not sure how he managed the gun theft. Although nothing says it was stolen when the alarm went off since Billy is always in Mop's house. 

DID Chewing gum Billy could have taken it anytime since she hadn't seen it for months.

Just my thought about the Who dun it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Where is Christian supposed to be? Adam was telling Chelsea about this deal he signed to have whatever he inherits from Victor go straight to Connor, and I had to remind myself that Christian is his son (and Victor's grandson) too! Remember all the trouble Adam went through to take him away from Nick (the only father he had ever known)? They don't even mention Christian anymore!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6