Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Billy and Lily have already dated, years ago before she married Cane. They're not exactly each other's uncharted territory.

Actually, Billy was Lily's rebound IIRC. This was at the tail end of Chloe's pregnancy, which Lane had spent the entire duration stopping short of dry humping every time they passed each other in the elevator. I remember it being particularly chaste for Billy--I don't think the two of them ever boinked. Once it came out Billy was Chloe's baby daddy, Lily couldn't break away fast enough and never looked back.

That said, Lily sure does have a type between Buttbuiscuit and Vampire ass Cane, huh 👀

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

It’d be a nice twist if Gabriel Bingham or his long lost kid were out for revenge against the two people who were in the accident that ruined his life.

Isn't Gabriel definitely dead? That would be nice twist though. However, Josh G. has seemed like he doesn't want to deal much with storylines which ran between when he was fired in 2013 and when he was rehired in 2018. It's almost like the JH version of Adam never happened.

Faith’s friend Jordan as his daughter and pulling a Emily Thorne ‘Revenge’ plot would be pretty cool. Lord, knows the Newmans have made enough enemies and are due for some Revenge like justice. 

Yeah, it's been long my lowkey theory that Jordan is targeting Faith in revenge for something that happened to her family due to the Newmans. Almost since when she first showed up. It just doesn't make sense to me that she'd want to be hanging out with a younger girl like Faith who's still relatively immature. Now if it was a boy (or Jordan was gay) I could see it but Y&R probably wants to be careful about putting that kind of storyline on Faith given the actress' age.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

OMG, Chelzzzz is fucking delusional.

Aww I thought Summer’s look was appropriate and looked cute in terms of soft fall fabrics and colors. Her boobs weren’t hanging out so it was a thumbs up for me.

Completely agree. I thought she looked adorable. I really like her hair color and they've been putting her in some really cute outfits lately.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

What was the point of hiring MO’s husband to fill-in for DB? It’s not like they used the opportunity to have Chance/Abby  (Chabby?) act like a real engaged couple. It was some lame scene with ReyRey. They could have done that in a phone call. Or just lengthened some other scene. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I also thought today’s introduction of Melissa’s husband in the role of Chance was lame. He’s no more exciting than Rey is which is to say not at all. I have read that Rey was an actor on other soaps. He must have been better or more exciting or more something than he’s been on Y&R. He’s just so boring and uninteresting. If I was Sharon, I’d marry the garbage man before I’d marry him. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I also thought today’s introduction of Melissa’s husband in the role of Chance was lame. He’s no more exciting than Rey is which is to say not at all. I have read that Rey was an actor on other soaps. He must have been better or more exciting or more something than he’s been on Y&R. He’s just so boring and uninteresting. If I was Sharon, I’d marry the garbage man before I’d marry him. 

I remember Jordi from GL and he was every bit as exciting as he is now. Although he was younger and in better shape, so I think there were more shirtless scenes. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So, the Greasy Hemsworth-wannabe is going to slither his way back into Dina's $$ with a lawsuit? And the ENTIRE estate? Come the fuck on.

Dina didn't even know Slither existed until she had advanced Alzheimer's. What judge is going to award him anything? Or is he going after what he thinks should be his father's share? You know, the one who never told him he was related to Kyle or the Abbotts in the first place? 🙄🤷🏻‍♀️

Newsflash: self-made millionaires don't owe greasy non-entities a damn thing. It never stops people from suing, but Smilin' Jack is right. He's disgusting trying to pull this shit after he spent time with Dina and acted like he truly loved her as his grandmother.

Edited by lightninggirl
spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Jordi and his manscaped eyebrows would be better as a print model for watches or other things in airline or gentlemen's magazines.  Film/video accentuates how boring he is, but he can hold a good pose for a few seconds.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Hey Adam, talking like that will earn you an extended stay at whatever facility you are I that looks like Fairview. 

Hey Temp Chance, matching earbuds doesn’t make a case?  It does certain earn the GCPD a warrant even if you don’t believe Nostrils would shoot Adam.  Temp Chance and Rey, the evidence is a little more than circumstantial when he knows that he tried to shoot Adam once before. But what Rey doesn’t know is that Nostrils tried to run him over. Temp Chance, is the gun still circumstantial?  

Conspiracy Theory:  Did Adam have his henchman shoot at Adam to set up Nostrils?  Temp Chance accidentally got in the way. 

A manic Chelsea is actually worse than watching a manic Chloe but just by a smidgen though.  

Sally has as much of a chance getting Summer booted from JCV as Theo successfully contesting Dina’s will or suing the Abbots for her entire estate. None, no way, no how.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Re Summer's velvet pantsuit, I've since been reminded via Worn on TV that she's worn it before:

9ztOfan.jpg7SU89uI.jpg

The first time was in October 2019 and since those old posts have been poofed away, I can't go back and see how I reacted to the outfit back then. I'm gonna guess I floved it because I'm consistent like that. 😉

Meh, I can give or take Rey but I think the actor is fine and doing the best with what he's being given to work with. Apparently the writers consider Rey sufficient to hold Sharon's purse, or carry the equipment for the first string players like Adam and Billy. Every soap needs their supporting characters, as well as actors who don't upstage the leads.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Hey Adam, talking like that will earn you an extended stay at whatever facility you are I that looks like Fairview. 

Happy Acres: No waiting, and no reservation required.

Atonal is being recorded as he raves and prevaricates, talks to his 11yo self, and howls paranoid schemes by everyone but himself. That's a good thing.

Victor acting out of guilt and his own embedded self-loathing to help Atonal Adam -- Not a good thing, when looking at Victor's past performance propping and forgiving Atonal to felony again.

Hey Temp Chance, matching earbuds doesn’t make a case?  It does certain earn the GCPD a warrant even if you don’t believe Nostrils would shoot Adam.  Temp Chance and Rey, the evidence is a little more than circumstantial when he knows that he tried to shoot Adam once before. But what Rey doesn’t know is that Nostrils tried to run him over. Temp Chance, is the gun still circumstantial? 

Faux-Chance is still defending Atonal; knowing he's a murderer, he's suffered from amnesia before meeting him in Las Vegas, has been off his pins since the Atonal Adam Newman: Monster exposé and has been lying and plotting naughty revenge plots against NotBilly/Victor/Newman Family for weeks.

And Faux-Chance questions Det. Rey Rey's objectivity?

Go back to wedding plans with Abby, where you can do the most good, Faux-Chance.

Conspiracy Theory:  Did Adam have his henchman shoot at Adam to set up Nostrils?  Temp Chance accidentally got in the way. 

Welcome to the table reserved for Atonal Adam's Plot Plot Plot: Buckets of Miller longnecks, 1800 Reposado Kamikazes, and all the bar snacks the table can hold.

Break-in at Victoria's house without a noticeable burglary taking place. Atonal skulking around the Chance dot com office and breaking in/searching NotBilly's suite at The Phoenix. Blue earbud and NotBilly's gun conveniently found by the GCBD post-Chance shooting. Victor aggressively defending against Atonal's involvement in trying to kill Victor again and again and again and ... while pointing the finger at NotBilly.

A manic Chelsea is actually worse than watching a manic Chloe but just by a smidgen though.  

Very annoying and moronic. Chelsea can't pick a lane with Atonal.

She's threatened by Sharon because Chelsea knows Atonal is obsessed with his former fuck buddy. Yet Chelsea lives in hope AA will choose her out of genuine feelz, not desperation.

Chelsea's terrorized by Atonal -- kidnapped, drugged, locked in small room, escapes and enraged at AA for trying to keep her from warning Victor to his Gas The Newman's! plot -- and now she's upset that Sharon signed on with Victor's court-ordered commitment. Now Chelsea wants to rescue Atonal from Sharon/Victor's incarceration.

Chelsea dismisses Atonal's obvious derangement and hysteria, his violent behavior and Plot Plot Plotting and crazed jibbering -- Why? She can't help him when she's afraid of his next attack for not agreeing with him. Sharon was incapable of helping him without being drawn into being manipulated by Atonal over their historic enabling. The only thing left is to let the anti-psychotics and doctor's to do their job.

Sally has as much of a chance getting Summer booted from JCV as Theo successfully contesting Dina’s will or suing the Abbots for her entire estate. None, no way, no how.  

Everyone says Dumber is as bright as a penny and ready for this larger responsibility as president of JVC. Why?

Dumber boinked NotBilly as revenge against her mother and didn't realize she was a revenge fuck for NotBilly; she takes a job with Newman Enterprises Middle East real estate offices to get away from the humiliation of being used. Returning to Genoa City she was given a job at Jabot, because she needed something to do. Dumber took a leave of absence from her marketing job at Jabot, because ran away from her elopement and spied on Kyle; insecure about his devotion to her vs ex-Lola. She's never run a division of her own without Jabot's corporate structure and Kyle/Jack to back her up. Lauren has Dumber responsible for an entire division; purchasing, employees, contracts, accounting and taxes, branding, promotions, off-discounted sales, online sales, ect. JVC was short lived with Jabot, not exactly a long time to establish customer loyalty (24+ month, more or less, to transfer it to Fenmore's); we have no idea what product lines JVC sells or what future plans are coming down the pike. Dumb starts from scratch or works on what is already in development. Christmas has been full-tilt since November 1, so what's on the floor/online repping JCV, Dumber?

I don't think it will take much undermining for the last quarter of JVC sales to look weak.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

I dunno Devon. How are you responsible for your ex-girlfriend doing a hop, skip, and jump onto your cousin's peen? The fist of fury you delivered to Nate was out of bounds though. 😐

Heyyyyy. Did Lauren actually send Sally over to see Abby or was Sally just taking an opportunity to ingratiate herself with one of the Abbotts? Seems to me Lauren would've sent Summer, her new fashion executive. Or do Summer and Abby still not get along?

So who would've known about the gun at Victoria's house? And who would've known the combination to the lockbox? Or at least be able to break into it? That doesn't sound like Nick so maybe Adam hired a pro to do it.

Had to laugh at Victoria asking Nikki over the phone how many turkeys she was making for Thanksgiving. As if Nikki cooks. 🙄

Pretty skimpy dress (skirt and top?) Victoria the CEO was wearing today. Guess WI is having a warm autumn. Meanwhile, Victor had on at least four layers of clothes, even indoors.

So no one at NotFairview is worried about all those things in Adam's room that he could use to hurt himself?

Whee, they admitted Tessa was Mariah's sugar mama. 🤗

I kind of liked Victoria's hair today. She had that deliberate "I woke up like this" look.

Please tell me Billy isn't going to have himself admitted into NotFairview so he can get hallucinating Adam to confess. The literal inside scoop. 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I hope he acts like granny and takes the Abbots for a bundle after the way they treated him.  Maybe during the trial he can tell why Kyle is so goofy about him, per NY. 

Go Theo. Fun if he becomes a player in the GC monied elete. They need some young blood and Kyle and Dummer (Kummer) aint it.

Theo, Sally and Lola could be a good tri/\

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Is MO’s husband really an actor? Rhetoric question. He’s worse than Chance 1.0 and looks like a boy next to him. There is a 5 year difference, in age, between MO and JG but because of JG’s baby face it looks like a lot more. Chance 1.0, being 2 years older than MO, is much more age appropriate for Abby/Chance. 

It looks like I was right that Adam got his henchmen to shoot him after he blew up Victor and have it blamed on Nostrils. Bummer if it doesn’t work. 

Wow, Devon was ordained by the state to perform the wedding ceremony. That was the same online service where Sharon got her certificate as a phycologist. 

When Rey questions a subject he has a tendency to pose like Horatio Caine did on CSI Miami. 

Im glad that Mariah took the job with Jabot.  Let’s hope she gets more to do than the voice of reason in GC.

I just can’t help being very sad for Adam.  

And than we get the preemption. I’m sick and tired of this political crap. 

• Love 7

I wondered if chance was being played by MO’s husband when I saw them sitting next to each other and then kiss. He’s kind of cute but a lousy actor. And as others have said, he looks like he’s 15.

• Love 4

Melissa Ordway looked really hot in her sparkly mini skirt. While her husband fits the role of Nina & Phillip’s son I’m not sure if he would be good long term. I think he’s better then the current one casting wise. Although, Donny Boaz is a bigger dude and looked good just wearing a towel last week. I don’t really watch Y&R anymore. Maybe, on a Friday to get the jist of what’s going on. It seems like such an old soap. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Before I get into today's exciting storylines - just kidding - I just want to mention how much I appreciate the care Show seems to take around the covid limitations.  I know it's a little awkward with how people are placed, the natural reactions that can't happen currently for most of the cast, the sets being kept to a minimum, etc., but it warms my heart to see how well the cast still does in projecting story and character, even with the limitations under which they're working.  For instance, the friends scenes of Abby, Devon and Mariah, even with them sitting so far apart still worked for me and that's all due to the actors.  Mo's husband filling in for the recovering NuChance, for me, worked because we know why it's happening, same for the distancing when normally there'd be none.  Eric Braeden, in particular, touched me today, both in his performance and in how he looked.  I don't think I've ever seen him look his age before and even as good as that is, I appreciated him putting himself out there for the viewers and the show itself.  Things are bad here these days, again, and I really appreciate what Show is doing.

Back to the regularly scheduled snark.....

19 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

I can barely watch a minute of the show anymore. Every time I switch it on I see Billy and every time I see Billy I switch it off.

Isnt' that the truth?  Now that he's not at the office, he's all over town in the Undertaker's Day Off Collection by Jabot Collective, with his nose polished to a high sheen, though not as high as his constant opinion of himself always is.  I don't care if he shot Adam or not - can't they just lock him up for being a self-delusional prick with all the sex appeal of a demon-possessed Slinky?

13 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

SecondChance (actually, I guess he's the third one playing adult Philip III) looks like Jake Ryan from Sixteen Candles!  The other guy reminds me of Mr. Bill with his weird Play-Doh face. 

I'm with you.  I don't know whether MO's husband is a good actor or not since I haven't seen enough to make a judgement but I'd take him over NotaChance any day.  As for him looking too young, give him a few more scenes with the Real Putzes of Genoa City and he'll age fast.

Genoa City's Happy Dale Home for the Stutterbarking should set aside a whole wing for all the disturbed manchildren of the town.  Adam, ButtBiscuit, Nick, Kevin, Theo and Kyle could all do therapy together.  All we need is a Nurse Ratched and this time, she'd be the hero.  

I'm no fan of Theo, and I used to like Kyle but right now I hope Theo flattens Kyle's bouffant and makes him cry.  The Dina will storyline annoys me mainly because Jack and Tracy and even Ashley to a certain extent would not normally act the way they have.  They'd recognize that, whether or not they like Theo, he's entitled to something more than he was given.  Didn't we sit through a long, drawn out storyline that was EXACTLY about Dina's regret about her first born son?  As lost as she was, she wanted to know about him, wanted something and it's not up to any of them to decide whether Theo is "worthy".  If they go by that, what makes Kyle worthy?  I hate the way Show has written this.  Out of all the Abbott's, Tracy especially would be sensitive to being the one left out, the one thought of last and that alone should have stopped this nonsense.

Kyle is looking more and more like his Uncle ButtBiscuit and Genoa City doesn't need another pufferfish of a person.

I'm liking Sally Spectra.  I don't know a thing about her, don't watch the Bold and the Beautiful, but I like the character.  So far, for me, she's a breath of fresh air.  Too bad there's not a guy in her age group I can think of who I'd want to inflict on her.

I know tomorrow's a big prep day before Thanksgiving, so for those of you who are celebrating, I hope you all have as good a holiday as is possible, stay safe and eat well!  

Love me some preverts!

Edited by boes
  • Love 18

***I didn't mean this Chance looks like a teenager when I said he looks like Jake Ryan.  I only meant that he looks like what I imagine Jake Ryan would have looked like a few years after Sixteen Candles!  Chance should be about 10 years or so older than Abby, but age is so fluid on soaps.  They look great together, which makes total sense now that I know they're really married.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, boes!  It's going to be a strange one, for sure.  Even if you can't be where you'd like to be or with the ones you'd like to be with, I hope you all enjoy the holiday.    

• Love 10

Genoa City's Happy Dale Home for the Stutterbarking should set aside a whole wing for all the disturbed manchildren of the town.  Adam, ButtBiscuit, Nick, Kevin, Theo and Kyle could all do therapy together.  All we need is a Nurse Ratched and this time, she'd be the hero.  

OMG, are lobotomies still legal in the US? If so, I'm thinking they should definitely round up Adam and Kevin and fix them once and for all. The others could probably just use a few weeks alone in a lovely padded cell. 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Happy Early Thanksgiving to all you Preverts!  Thank you again for welcoming me during the Previously Seen on The Young and The Restless Pandemic Watching Days.   Wine and margaritas to all of you - assuming my seat at the bar and unlimited tab remains in place.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 13

Heyyyyy. Did Lauren actually send Sally over to see Abby or was Sally just taking an opportunity to ingratiate herself with one of the Abbotts? Seems to me Lauren would've sent Summer, her new fashion executive. Or do Summer and Abby still not get along?

That was my first thought too. When she said Lauren had sent her, all my BS alarms started going off. Something is fishy in GC.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 11/24/2020 at 9:50 PM, boes said:

Before I get into today's exciting storylines - just kidding - I just want to mention how much I appreciate the care Show seems to take around the covid limitations.  I know it's a little awkward with how people are placed, the natural reactions that can't happen currently for most of the cast, the sets being kept to a minimum, etc., but it warms my heart to see how well the cast still does in projecting story and character, even with the limitations under which they're working.  For instance, the friends scenes of Abby, Devon and Mariah, even with them sitting so far apart still worked for me and that's all due to the actors.  Mo's husband filling in for the recovering NuChance, for me, worked because we know why it's happening, same for the distancing when normally there'd be none.  Eric Braeden, in particular, touched me today, both in his performance and in how he looked.  I don't think I've ever seen him look his age before and even as good as that is, I appreciated him putting himself out there for the viewers and the show itself.  Things are bad here these days, again, and I really appreciate what Show is doing.

Back to the regularly scheduled snark.....

The actors are doing their best under difficult circumstances; some more adept than others.

MO's husband is under a pall of having to fill in for DB, as DB is busy dealing with a social media tempest in a teapot while under quarantine. <shrug> You reap what you sow, Jackwagon.

The producers and directors rarely have a grasp on how to stage/film/edit intimacy without having their actors come in contact with each other. One can only hope time will improve their learning curve, because Show is boring to watch.

I can barely watch a minute of the show anymore. Every time I switch it on I see Billy and every time I see Billy I switch it off.

Isnt' that the truth?  Now that he's not at the office, he's all over town in the Undertaker's Day Off Collection by Jabot Collective, with his nose polished to a high sheen, though not as high as his constant opinion of himself always is.  I don't care if he shot Adam or not - can't they just lock him up for being a self-delusional prick with all the sex appeal of a demon-possessed Slinky?

Anytime NotBilly is stressed because of his innate ability to not get out of his own way (pontificating about his moral truth-telling, and having that shabby twaddle used against him) is all good. NotBilly slapped upside the head with a sock full of hot nickels would be the highlight of any holiday season.

Speaking of NotBilly's Sexxxy Times appeal -- My little eye spies none to be had. NotBilly is too sleazy for my delicate sensibilities.

giphy.gif

If NotBilly were so flexible and agile ...

SecondChance (actually, I guess he's the third one playing adult Philip III) looks like Jake Ryan from Sixteen Candles!  The other guy reminds me of Mr. Bill with his weird Play-Doh face. 

I'm with you.  I don't know whether MO's husband is a good actor or not since I haven't seen enough to make a judgement but I'd take him over NotaChance any day.  As for him looking too young, give him a few more scenes with the Real Putzes of Genoa City and he'll age fast.

MO's husband looks a little like a fish out of water. He's holding his own, but the dialog and scene situations don't connect with him. I suppose he'll grow into the character as DBChance returns, and Switcheroo!

It would be entertaining to have Atonal Adam, Nick, NotBilly, Kevin, Theo and Kyle in group therapy. Delusional justifications, snarky insults escalating into flying folding chairs and spilled Tang laced with midazolam. Call the orderlies, bring cattle prods and haloperidol for everyone! 

I'm no fan or Theo, and I used to like Kyle but right now I hope Theo flattens Kyle's bouffant and makes him cry.  The Dina will storyline annoys me mainly because Jack and Tracy and even Ashley to a certain extent would not normally act the way they have.  They'd recognize that, whether or not they like Theo, he's entitled to something more than he was given.  Didn't we sit through a long, drawn out storyline that was EXACTLY about Dina's regret about her first born son?  As lost as she was, she wanted to know about him, wanted something and it's not up to any of them to decide whether Theo is "worthy".  If they go by that, what makes Kyle worthy?  I hate the way Show has written this.  Out of all the Abbott's, Tracy especially would be sensitive to being the one left out, the one thought of last and that alone should have stopped this nonsense.

I'm surprised TIIC chose to diminish the Abbott's traditional family fidelity to launch Theo's character into the abyss. They managed to write Jack, Ashley, and Tracy as thoughtless, rude and disinterested in Theo's feelings being left out of Dina's final moments, and chose not to curb Kyle's worst instincts to charge Theo with greed and jealousy of the Abbott legacy.

Well, yeah. At Kyle's invitation, Theo showed up as a frenemy to do free-lance social media work for Jabot. Kyle was somewhat high-handed with Theo, but Theo chose to take it as a personal affront and went after Kyle's Achilles Heel; his pride as a sex machine and ambitions in the family business. And Theo and Kyle have been at loggerheads ever since; deservedly so. Theo undermined Kyle's relationships with Dumber, Lola and momentarily distracted Jack. He ruined a few Jabot social media offerings. and weaseled his way into a Jabot family employment position when it was discovered he was Dina's grandson by a decades-old youthful indiscretion with Stewart Brooks. 

Kyle hasn't helped his cause as a legitimate recipient of Abbott largess; he's immature in spite of being handed the leadership of Jabot. He can't restrain himself or walk away from Theo's needling, choosing to make accusations (real or imagined), trade insults and bicker publicly with him.

It makes no sense to me why TIIC are writing the Abbott elders as callous and unfeeling, considering all three have had their story arc in No Body Loves Me and I Don't Belong As A High-flying Abbott-land.

With Theo's recent lawsuit for all of Dina's estate (dubious and pointless) it's all but guaranteed that the character will slink away as a Abbott Nemesis; perhaps to return to wreak havoc against the Abbott wealth and legacy. I wonder when Theo's lawsuit is thrown out of court if he'll sue the Brooks family for a cut of Stewart Brooks estate?

Kyle is looking more and more like his Uncle ButtBiscuit and Genoa City doesn't need another pufferfish of a person.

<Yeesh>

I'm liking Sally Spectra.  I don't know a thing about her, don't watch the Bold and the Beautiful, but I like the character.  So far, for me, she's a breath of fresh air.  Too bad there's not a guy in her age group I can think of who I'd want to inflict on her.

I liked her over at B&B (way back when I was watching). Good actress, not too many habitual acting tics, great body language and comic response, gorgeous, and wears clothes beautifully.

I understand her thirst for career, and I appreciated her aggressive politicking for JVC; she has experience running a company, inventive and not a trend follower as a designer. I always saw Fenmore's as a boutique department store much like Barney’s New York or I. Magnin. Sally seemed to be the better fit for JVC, unlike Dumber, but TIIC can't write an original SL to save Show.

There's no one reasonable or a good balance to pair Sally with in Genoa City (the return of Ravi would be a lot of fun), but I can see Dumber losing her shit over Kyle paying any attention to Sally, the same way she's already bent out of shape with Kyle replacing her so quickly with Mariah. Insecurity is going to trip Dumber up.

I know tomorrow's a big prep day before Thanksgiving, so for those of you who are celebrating, I hope you all have as good a holiday as is possible, stay safe and eat well!  

Love me some preverts!

bikiniturkey.jpg

We need more gravy to drown the carbs ... Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 9

The Abbotts let Mrs. Martinez have the day off. So she can maybe cook a whole other meal for her own family. Thoughtful. 😑

FFS, Elena isn't the first person in history to have gotten dumped near a holiday. Why are they acting like it's the biggest tragedy in the world? Enough!

Wow, Summer. Kinda pushy even if Jack did invite you. Why pull the Abbotts into your mess with Kyle? And on a holiday no less.

Devon and Lily were going to have a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving apparently. Nate and Amanda were only invited at the last minute. And Lily, seriously? Too soon!

Pshht, Kyle, Summer doesn't need you to protect her, and certainly not from Billy. She's proven can handle him quite well on her own. All night long. 😒

What's the big problem Phyllis now has with Victor and Nikki? She's such a drama queen. I liked her jacket though. I think burgundy is good color for her.

I see you, Miss Mandy, lowkey pushing Elena toward Nate so you have a clear path to Devon. No shame on your game tho.

Lol, Devon and Nate wearing matching colors. Twinsies!

And geez, Summer, you couldn't offer to help Ashley in the kitchen? Such bad home training but then, look at who raised you. 🙁

Those cocktails they were drinking at the Abbotts got my attention. Quite a vivid color. Cranberry martinis?

Wait, what? Devon cleans his own kitchen? NFW. Billionaires are not just like us, Show! Stop it.

Aw, is Billy gonna score some Thanksgiving nookie? On a full stomach? 😮

Re the previews, I wish they could wait until next year to have this momentous event. It really should be the biggest wedding in GC since Victor and Nikki's first one. Maybe even bigger. Pretty much the entire cast should be there, either as a family member, a personal friend, or a +1. Stupid Rona.😕

• Love 8

And why just Dummer? It wouldn't kill Jackie to get out there. He's the host, after all. Dummer was a guest.

Jack did sort of offer. He pretty much told Ashley to yell if she need any help. Summer just sat there, as did Kyle and Billy but I figured they were covered under Jack's offer as members of the family. Maybe it's a regional or cultural or socioeconomic thing but I would've expected Summer to offer her help at least, specifically because she was being welcomed into the Abbot home to share their food. In all likelihood Ashley would've turned her down but at least all the mutual social niceties would've been covered. Bet Summer didn't offer to help clear the table after dinner either, ungrateful brat. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

All I know is that when my DH says "yell if you need help" means "give a detailed list of each task you want me to complete so I can ask a million questions and second guess everything you have listed here."  It would have been nice if Dummer had gotten off her ass and gone to help but I just don't see why women should always be expected t do all the cooking on holidays while the men sit around and do nothing. Besides Mrs. Martinez had already done everything, all they needed to do was get stuff out of the oven and take it to the dining room. I can't tell you how many times I've burned myself lifting a heavy turkey out of the oven. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Heh, maybe the Abbotts could do like Victor and Nikki and just stay away until everything is ready. Because you know out at the ranch, no Newman is going to be sweating over a hot stove/oven, or clearing any tables, or loading any dishwashers. That's what they pay the servants for, lol. I'm really tired of the soaps trying to act like these extremely wealthy people do regular house tasks just like the poors.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Before I get started on today, I got a chance to watch the last half of yesterday’s show. The episode should be called “No Sympathy For Adam”.  Maybe a little bit from Olive Oyl, Chance 2.0, and Banana Breath but none from Nostrils. Nostrils just had the luxury of family covering for all his transgressions where Adam only had Victor. This brings me to Nostrils number one transgressions, in my eyes, of leaving DD in the running car alone. It never gets brought up anymore even in a passing remark. We all know that Adam actually stopped and looked around and only saw the dog. It was not a hit and run and Adam didn’t know but later only surmised that he hit DD. There was only a piece of DD’s costume in the door but not a dent or a sign of blood.

Hey Nostrils, I think your head is a scarier place to be than Adam’s. Nostrils is active and Adam is reactive. If I was writing this dribble, I would have Adam suffering from Paranoia. I would think that’s more apropos than having another mental disorder. 

I think that Elena looks a hell of a lot better, not great, with short hair. With her long hair she looked to be disheveled. 

Lily you have some nerve inviting Nate to Devon’s home.  What would be worse is Lily inviting Nostrils.  Nate should of gone where he was welcomed instead of where he’s not. Nate is like the cigar smoking drunken uncle who gets invited in-spite of everyone’s wishes. I’m not a cigar smoker nor a drunk but I know what’s it’s like to be where I’m not welcome (my wife’s brother and sister) but I showed up just to piss them off 🤯.  

How nice was it for Lola to bring home a doggie bag. 

Does anyone else notice that most of the time Phyllis opens her mouth to change feet.  

Happy Thanksgiving!  And to my Canadian friends Happy Belated Canadian Thanksgiving that was celebrated in Oct. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Before I get started on today, I got a chance to watch the last half of yesterday’s show. The episode should be called “No Sympathy For Adam”.  Maybe a little bit from Olive Oyl, Chance 2.0, and Banana Breath but none from Nostrils. Nostrils just had the luxury of family covering for all his transgressions where Adam only had Victor. This brings me to Nostrils number one transgressions, in my eyes, of leaving DD in the running car alone. It never gets brought up anymore even in a passing remark. We all know that Adam actually stopped and looked around and only saw the dog. It was not a hit and run and Adam didn’t know but later only surmised that he hit DD. There was only a piece of DD’s costume in the door but not a dent or a sign of blood.

Atonal Adam got as much sympathy -- or empathy -- as he's given to his family and others.

Atonal has had Victor to teach him lessons about going against the wishes of TGVN, had Victor drag him back from airports/Paris/Las Vegas/under ashtrays to continue to torture family and the citizens of Genoa City, and had Victor forgive Atonal's myriad crimes and felonies while having him imprisoned on trumped up murder charges. Victor's irrational justifications and deep pockets have saved Atonal's bacon many times.

BMBilly was criminal to leave Delia in the car; he blamed himself for 10 minutes before he tuned his vengeance to the unknown (at the time) hit and run driver. MMAdam swerved to avoid hitting the Delia's dog and ended up hitting Delia who was on the side of the road. MMAdam stopped to see the dog was fine, but did not see Delia's body in the shrubs on the side of the road and drove away. After he heard Delia was hit by a car, MMAdam went out to the parking garage and found the headlight broken (headlight glass was found by the GCPD at the scene and did a search of cars using the same headlight) and damage to the quarter panel of his car; Adam suspects he hit something on the road after all, perhaps involving Delia's hit and run. After Delia's death, MMAdam checked his car again and found Delia's scarf wedged into the wheel well. He had his car repaired by a no-tell car shop and hid the scarf. After Delia's eyes are donated to Connor for a cornea transplant, Adam returned home and burned Delia's scarf in the fireplace; thank goodness for operating fireplaces or Adam would have nowhere to destroy evidence of his felonies.

Steeped in guilt over Delia's death and the cornea donation to help Connor, MMAdam begins anonymously posting with BMBilly on a grief message board. MMAdam defends the hit and run driver and tells BMBilly to move on with his life, to 'balance the karmic scales' in his online trolling. In face-to-face conversation with BMBilly, MMAdam uses the same 'karmic' phrase. BMBilly becomes immediately suspicious and has Kevin trace the anonymous poster on his grief message board to identify MMAdam. Things go violently askew and downhill from there, and stutterbarking, post-plastic surgery JHAdam shows up some time later as Gabriel Bingham, with the help of dour Ol'Hammertoes.

Once MMAdam discovered the damage to his car and Delia's sparkly scarf, had his car surreptitiously repaired, destroyed Delia's scarf, making a conscious choice to evade responsibility and prosecution as the driver who was responsible for Delia Abbott's death. MMAdam destroyed evidence, refused to come forward, cruelly trolled the father of the dead child online, was guilty of vehicular homicide with extenuating circumstances --  hit and run -- Defined as causing a traffic accident and not stopping afterwards and leaving the scene. It is considered a supplemental crime to other charges, like vehicular homicide. And MMAdam got away with 20 minutes discomfiture for Delia's death.

Hey Nostrils, I think your head is a scarier place to be than Adam’s. Nostrils is active and Adam is reactive. If I was writing this dribble, I would have Adam suffering from Paranoia. I would think that’s more apropos than having another mental disorder. 

No one deserves the punishment of rooting around Atonal's sociopathic and hallucinating brain box or slogging through the depraved miasma of NotBilly's murky grey matter.

But I suppose NotBilly, in the Quest for Truth, Justice, and the American Commercial Way of Social Media Yellow Journalism -- Not that NotBilly would know Truth, Justice and the American etc. if walked up and kicked him in the naughty bits -- Is going to have himself commited so he can probe the windings of Atonal Adam's clockworks. Pot calling the kettle ... and scene.

I think that Elena looks a hell of a lot better, not great, with short hair. With her long hair she looked to be disheveled. 

I like the change. She looks more professional and put together.

Lily you have some nerve inviting Nate to Devon’s home.  What would be worse is Lily inviting Nostrils.  Nate should of gone where he was welcomed instead of where he’s not. Nate is like the cigar smoking drunken uncle who gets invited in-spite of everyone’s wishes. I’m not a cigar smoker nor a drunk but I know what’s it’s like to be where I’m not welcome (my wife’s brother and sister) but I showed up just to piss them off 🤯.  

Presumptuous, but not surprising. Lily's always been the fixer and accommodator in conflicts not of her own making. There are so few Winters family on the books. I expected Lily to drag out the old canard about Hillary.1 and Neil being dead, the family has to hang on to what family we have left -- Oh yeah? Where are the Pixie Twins on Thanksgiving? I expect Darvon and Nate with make amends eventually, but Elena will be given the side eye as a feckless, cheating woman. Nate will get off Scot-free for betraying Darvon, and welcome to Darvon's discarded girlfriend.

How nice was it for Lola to bring home a doggie bag. 

I doubt it was anything less than a take-away meal served at Society for Thanksgiving. 

I thought it was interesting that Hillary.2 decided to spend Girlfriend's Thanksgiving with Elena, though Hillary.2 was a little vague about how Darvon would go on after the breakup. That lie of omission will come back to bite Hillary.2 in the ass when Elena discovers she and Darvon are eye fucking six feet apart and dating.

Does anyone else notice that most of the time Phyllis opens her mouth to change feet.  

Usually she has both feet in that hellmouth.

Happy Thanksgiving!  And to my Canadian friends Happy Belated Canadian Thanksgiving that was celebrated in Oct. 

giphy.gif

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Filed under the category, Too Much Time on My Hands, I've worked out how I think pretty much the entire cast could be at the wedding were it not for the pandemic:

image.png.7d63a40f9f549e12049c6e0a5b150782.png

What say ye? Please add any characters I might have missed. Happy big shopping day!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

How about:

The Benevolent Ghost of Katharine Chancellor

Ditto John Abbott

Ditto Dina Mergeron, dressed to the nines

Chance's Dad -- being chased by the Moofia

Colin -- because he misses Jill (and her money)

Pasty Cane, his son 

. . , and in the words of a poet much greater than I :    "Exit, pursued by a bear"      or, in this case, cow.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Chance and Rey just met a couple of weeks ago. Why in the world would he be Chance’s best man? Of course there’s no one else to do the job either since Chance and Adam are on the outs and Adam is currently spending his time talking to his 11-year-old self.🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Chance and Rey just met a couple of weeks ago. Why in the world would he be Chance’s best man?

Because PC4 is kind of a lone wolf and has no one else to ask except maybe Paul and that would make even less sense to me since he's PC4's boss. The only other people I could see being recruited are Nick or Kevin. Nick because he's Abby's brother and Kevin because they have the GCPD connection. Rey and Chance seem to be forging a friendship over the Adam thing. And even if Adam weren't in the loony bin I don't think Abby would want him in her wedding right now since it would be upsetting for most of the Newmans.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Wow, Y&R back when they had a budget.

Who is everybody?

Historic episodes, like the costume ball nail-biter ending in Danny Romalotti's shooting by David Kimble, is a nagging reminder how far Y&R set dressing, film production, costuming and writing have fallen.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Filed under the category, Too Much Time on My Hands, I've worked out how I think pretty much the entire cast could be at the wedding were it not for the pandemic:

image.png.7d63a40f9f549e12049c6e0a5b150782.png

What say ye? Please add any characters I might have missed. Happy big shopping day!

BRAVO!  👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼   

Where’s my Gloworm?  You know she would find a way to be there just to get under Jill’s skin.  🤣

Edited by geauxaway
  • LOL 9
On 11/25/2020 at 1:44 PM, geauxaway said:

Me too.  At first glance I was like who is this teenage boy they cast.  

Same here. I saw Elena, aka some random woman, with her new hairdo and thought, who's this guy and why are they using extras during this pandemic?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 11/26/2020 at 12:14 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

Atonal Adam got as much sympathy -- or empathy -- as he's given to his family and others.

Atonal has had Victor to teach him lessons about going against the wishes of TGVN, had Victor drag him back from airports/Paris/Las Vegas/under ashtrays to continue to torture family and the citizens of Genoa City, and had Victor forgive Atonal's myriad crimes and felonies while having him imprisoned on trumped up murder charges. Victor's irrational justifications and deep pockets have saved Atonal's bacon many times.

BMBilly was criminal to leave Delia in the car; he blamed himself for 10 minutes before he tuned his vengeance to the unknown (at the time) hit and run driver. MMAdam swerved to avoid hitting the Delia's dog and ended up hitting Delia who was on the side of the road. MMAdam stopped to see the dog was fine, but did not see Delia's body in the shrubs on the side of the road and drove away. After he heard Delia was hit by a car, MMAdam went out to the parking garage and found the headlight broken (headlight glass was found by the GCPD at the scene and did a search of cars using the same headlight) and damage to the quarter panel of his car; Adam suspects he hit something on the road after all, perhaps involving Delia's hit and run. After Delia's death, MMAdam checked his car again and found Delia's scarf wedged into the wheel well. He had his car repaired by a no-tell car shop and hid the scarf. After Delia's eyes are donated to Connor for a cornea transplant, Adam returned home and burned Delia's scarf in the fireplace; thank goodness for operating fireplaces or Adam would have nowhere to destroy evidence of his felonies.

Steeped in guilt over Delia's death and the cornea donation to help Connor, MMAdam begins anonymously posting with BMBilly on a grief message board. MMAdam defends the hit and run driver and tells BMBilly to move on with his life, to 'balance the karmic scales' in his online trolling. In face-to-face conversation with BMBilly, MMAdam uses the same 'karmic' phrase. BMBilly becomes immediately suspicious and has Kevin trace the anonymous poster on his grief message board to identify MMAdam. Things go violently askew and downhill from there, and stutterbarking, post-plastic surgery JHAdam shows up some time later as Gabriel Bingham, with the help of dour Ol'Hammertoes.

Once MMAdam discovered the damage to his car and Delia's sparkly scarf, had his car surreptitiously repaired, destroyed Delia's scarf, making a conscious choice to evade responsibility and prosecution as the driver who was responsible for Delia Abbott's death. MMAdam destroyed evidence, refused to come forward, cruelly trolled the father of the dead child online, was guilty of vehicular homicide with extenuating circumstances --  hit and run -- Defined as causing a traffic accident and not stopping afterwards and leaving the scene. It is considered a supplemental crime to other charges, like vehicular homicide. And MMAdam got away with 20 minutes discomfiture for Delia's death.

Cupid Stunt, I don’t usually comment on you reactions to my posts but I just had to this time. First of all, Adam is a counter puncher. He is reacting to the 30 degrees temperature change as he enters the room to where the Newman clan is sitting. Their religion is passing judgment on people that are not up to their “high” standards, but what they do, no matter what, is completely justified. 

Second I believe there is a little revisionist history in your account of the “hit and run”. If memory serves it was only the turn signal (amber plastic) and not a headlight. That was the only damage to the car not a quarter panel that was fixed in a chop shop. Adam stopped and only saw the dog and thinking he didn’t hit anything he drove off. If Adam hit DD, enough to dent a quarter panel or break a headlight he would have definitely knew it. If you hit a 10 pound small animal let alone a 50 pound little girl, you would definitely know it. Adam was in the middle of the road not the side of the road when he stopped. The part of DD’s costume Adam found could have just been the aftermath of someone else hitting DD. 

I think that TIIC decided to change the story line from some mysterious person hitting DD to Adam being the one. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Cupid Stunt, I don’t usually comment on you reactions to my posts but I just had to this time. First of all, Adam is a counter puncher. He is reacting to the 30 degrees temperature change as he enters the room to where the Newman clan is sitting. Their religion is passing judgment on people that are not up to their “high” standards, but what they do, no matter what, is completely justified. 

Second I believe there is a little revisionist history in your account of the “hit and run”. If memory serves it was only the turn signal (amber plastic) and not a headlight. That was the only damage to the car not a quarter panel that was fixed in a chop shop. Adam stopped and only saw the dog and thinking he didn’t hit anything he drove off. If Adam hit DD, enough to dent a quarter panel or break a headlight he would have definitely knew it. If you hit a 10 pound small animal let alone a 50 pound little girl, you would definitely know it. Adam was in the middle of the road not the side of the road when he stopped. The part of DD’s costume Adam found could have just been the aftermath of someone else hitting DD. 

I think that TIIC decided to change the story line from some mysterious person hitting DD to Adam being the one. 

Yup. Wasn't a "blond woman" seen by witnesses? At first it was like they were going to make it Drinki on a bender or possibly Kelly. I don't know why they changed it to AA.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 11/29/2020 at 10:21 AM, Waldo13 said:

Many of the relationships Atonal had damaged irreparably are due to his direct attacks. The walking wounded (with the exception of Victor and MyPolar Sharon) want no part of him, and he persists in antagonizing them. It isn't out of the ordinary that Atonal insults first, and continues to attack. For Atonal Adam, any attention (in this case negative attention) is better than no attention at all. Atonal desires kinship and acceptance by his family, but cannot take responsibility for his past attacks or stop himself from his neurotic, delusional, jealous plotting against the Newman's or whoever might get in his way.

Do you call Atonal's elaborate plan, with a co-conspirator, to gas the Newman family in Newman Tower, taking the temperature of the room and counterpunching against his family? Atonal's 11 yo self was very much against it, but Atonal justified the plan by saying the plan was done because he hated Victor for not helping him in the past -- I guess that's counterpunching against historic negligence by the last living parent.

According to the re-imagined history created for this version of Adam Newman, Hope and Victor made a grave mistake covering up AJ's death and not having 11yo Adam treated by mental heath professionals after killing AJ -- That would have changed the trajectory of Atonal's entire life, and wiped the slate clean [/sarcasm].

Do you call Atonal buying up Nick's Black Horse debt as a counterpunch against his Neanderthal half-brother? Do you call conniving to alter Victor's medication, ending in poisoning him, a counterpunch? How about terrorizing pregitive Ashley that she miscarries/he burns the fetus in the fireplace/steals newborn Faith from Sharon/presents Faith as Ashley's dead child counterpunching Victor? Or was MMAdam counterpunching Ashley. Maybe MMAdam was counterpunching Sharon before she actually rejected him. So many future rejections, so many counterpunches to strike first.

The Newman's are lower-middle class dressed as elitist snobs for no other reason than they have sharper elbows, and more money/influence in Genoa City than anyone else. They're origins are not auspicious, but you can buy the right clothes, classical education, read the right books, live amongst the trappings of the well-heeled and attempt to make themselves look like they were born to it, because money is the great equalizer. What they don't have, they purchase, cut off the tags and wear their new costume to impress the peasants.

How is Atonal or any other Adam different than his much-hated family? All Adam's are cut from the same Newman cloth, trapped in the same circle of revenge at being left outside. Talk to your mother about leaving your family for the bucolic life in Kansas, junior. 

To varying degrees the Newman's, one and all, are violent, murderous, erratic, irresponsible, manipulative, irrational, manic, dangerous, paranoid, self-absorbed, and occasionally regret their crimes when the plan goes haywire. Any version of Adam and the Newman's have declared war on each other with tiresome regularity.

I have the broadcast videos, and watched them again before responding to your post. MMAdam's headlight was cracked, the turn signal broken and the edge of the quarter panel behind the turn signal dented. MMAdam swerved to avoid Dash in the road, and stopped because he heard a thump and felt a shudder in the steering. Thinking he had hit the dog, he pulled over, opened the driver's door and saw the silhouette of Dash running down the road. MMAdam walked around the back of his car, saw nothing (Delia was dressed in black in the brush on the side of the road). Got back into his car and moved on.

Many months later Stutterbarking Adam confesses in court that he hit Delia, destroyed the evidence and avoided turning himself in to GCPD. During court recess, he tells Jack that he killed Delia and it is time for him to take responsibility. Stutterbarking Adam was found guilty, to be imprisoned for 20 minutes of a 10 year sentence.

I used to wonder if TIIC altered Delia's Death story was due to the rumored sexual harassment complaint lodged against Michael Muhney. I'm not arguing whether the situation was real or imagined -- I have no idea when Y&R management, the actors and their representatives refused comment, so all the viewer was left with was innuendo and disturbed gossip about MM and Hunter King --  On its own, the situation described was just salacious enough to make it a financial liability for Show if MM wasn't sent packing.

MMAdam was written out as the killer of Delia Abbott. Stutterbarking Adam returned in Gabriel Bingham's skin to resurrect the character of Adam Newman by confessing to all the circumstances and aftermath of Delia's Death, all to act heroically in the Newman Tower Fire and to be exonerated, but go back to his regular pot-stirring and felonizing. Chloe had enough of Stutterbarking Adam walking the Earth and Fancy Free (as did we all) with Delia's Death a faded memory, and she made AdamGoBoom. Recently TIIC have taken MMAdam's killing of Delia,  Stutterbarking Adam's confession and conviction of Delia's Death, and morphed the character into Spider, the new Atonal Adam, a life-long killer (killing AJ, Delia, Las Vegas Guy and the attempted murder of a party of family favorites), all mentally unbalanced, delusional, still plotting to kill Victor and Newman-adjacent family ... And deserving of mental health care and pity. Atonal should be cured of his murdeous mayhem neurosis by Christmas, or escape Happy Valley Cracker Barrel on NYEve, just in time to stop Sharon's wedding to Det. Rey Rey.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

After reading all the posts about Adam Newman, I'm reminded why I believe that MAB was the worst head writer in Y&R history. Yes, I know that she's had some stiff competition, but given the fact that this is her FIL's legacy, she should have known better. IMHO, she always viewed the character Adam as expendable- he was a legacy character, a Newman, but not a "real" Newman like Victoria and Nick. Her only use for him was to fuck shit up, she did not care about character driven stories, it was all about shock value. It started with CEAdam and continued with MMAdam. From the moment he started gaslighting Ashley, it was the same thing over and over- Adam does bad things because he is evil, I don't think she ever intended to keep the character around longterm, but MM's popularity threw a wrench in her plans. MAB and every other head writer that came after her could have written Adam as nuanced, but they all chose not to. I agree that there was probably some shit happening behind the scenes with MM, hence Adam's involvement in the Delia's death. That storyline was most likely supposed to be the final nail in coffin for an already polarizing character. Any good head writer knows that any character, no matter how popular, cannot recover from killing a child- just ask the writers over at GH.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Yup. Wasn't a "blond woman" seen by witnesses? At first it was like they were going to make it Drinki on a bender or possibly Kelly. I don't know why they changed it to AA.

I doubt it was ever intended to be Nikki. That would be a huge deal to have a legacy character kill their stepgrandchild. My belief is that it was going to be Kelly but the storyline was changed once Cady McClain was hired. Cady was kind of a big get, soap opera-wise, and they wouldn't have hired her just to turn around and have her character facing manslaughter charges. I think she likely wanted a bigger storyline (and wanted to try to create some chemistry with PB's Jack since both actors were ex-AMCers) and so the writers went with Adam instead.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1